Lesson One: Desire

It did not take long for the virus to plant yet another mine somewhere in the battlefield, and really it was probably the fact that Megami wasn't moving that was keeping her safe. That or perhaps her barrier as she reformed it while waiting for the virus to show its face once more.

And once it did, she let loose an ear-piercing sonic blast straight at the creature, which shattered the virus like glass. Though interestingly enough, all around the battlefield, small puffs of smoke rose from the ground, no doubt each and every mine slowly going up in smoke as the battle came to a close.

Enemies
MinerA: Deleted
MinerB: Deleted
OldstoveA: Deleted
OldstoveB: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Allies
Megami.EXE: 80HP [20HP Barrier]

—Battle 3, Victory!—
Megami: 300z, FireBurn1

Quote ()

FireBurn1
Damage: 50 + Line Attack(3)
Accuracy: A
Description: Looses a stream of fire that can penetrate enemies and keep going.
Duration: Once
Element: Fire
Special: Line Attack(3): Attacks up to 3 targets in a straight line.
*POOF?*

A sigh of relief escaped Xenneth's big, exhausted mouth as Megami taken her first step from her neutral panel position. In mere moments, she accessed the data containing her prize from the viruses. The violet haired boy had not wasted any time plugging the chip into his P.E.T, downloading the chip data and then pocketing it as he looked upon the terrain to see Megami who was now tip-toeing across the terrain with great patience and carefulness.

"It seems like,"
Megami took her next step as her foot went flat upon the Cyber terrain and as a result...

...nothing happened.

"...all the mines have perhaps been disabled? I am not sure exactly what should have happened, but it did not!" Megami sang cheerfully as Xenneth shook his head. His eyes were closed and body slumped over.

"Trust me," Xenneth had noted, "I don't think you want to know what 'should' have happened." he placed emphasis on one part in particular. Megami, still oblivious, had simply tilted her head before turning back to their path.

"Then I shall proceed with our homework!" Megami had declared as Xenneth's attention went to the screen. His heart still racing, palms and forehead still sweaty, and his knees going numb from the formal intense shaking.

"Ugh..." he said lowly and sickly, "...I guess if we should."

This assignment was more than he could handle at the moment!

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: "Rainbow Veins" from Owl City
Current Attire: Default GMO
Chatty Ditz: -----
Special Notes (For Staff): Requesting from Staff: Battle Four.
Bark, bark, bark!

Megami came upon another curious sight... a fiery dog virus barking out some bird viruses from a nearby patch of tall grass. Whether it was playing with them or something else was hard to discern. However, upon spotting the Navi, the dog bristled and snapped in Megami's direction. The birds also turned and charged toward the Navi.

-Not-So-Playful Enemies-
FishyA: 90HP
FishyB: 90HP
FishyC: 90HP
FishyD: 90HP
Spikey: 90HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
Megami.EXE: 80HP

~Battle 4: Start!!~
"Are those fast-flying fish?!"

Yes, it appeared to Xenneth's most dreaded (not to mention questionable) dream that those viruses were indeed flying fish. The dog-like virus had alerted them, or it seemed, and at the sound of its voice, they were charging towards Megami who they had their sights set on. By the time that Xenneth pulled up his viral database from his P.E.T, he could already see that they were using their primary attack. They were average viruses, but still by the look of their aggression and the information on them, potent in strength.

"Xen-kun," Megami's posture changing to a ready one as the viruses flew towards her direction, "They are coming!"

There was a rustle, and shuffle, and a single click as Xenneth had quickly went through the satchel at his hip. The first thing he reached for was a hand full of chips. "I know! I know!" his squeaky voice crying out as Xenneth had looked towards the image of one chip in particular: the new Battle chip he had acquired as its information had seemed to imply just what he needed. If the viruses were charging towards them, the violet haired boy would make sure that they charged into an inferno.

"We'll defend by attacking!" Xenneth stated rashly as he pressed the Battle Chip into the P.E.T, "FireBurn1! Battle Chip in, download!"

Megami's right hand had formed with an array that was unfamiliar to her once more: a grid that was long like a shaft of a weapon, but then coming from its form there were two jagged-like openings that contained a small brimming flame. Megami pointed the tip of this monstrous mouth towards the incoming Fishy viruses, and like the mouth of a dragon, the array spit out a powerful line of flames towards the charging viruses as Megami had intended to burn them to a crisp as they came. Xenneth was amazed at just how powerful this chip was, but as he seen the raging flames that erupted, he could notice something else...

"Megami!" Xenneth cried out taking notice to the attack, "I think they'll be blinded by the flames! You should follow-up with another attack! "

"I understand, Xen-kun!"

Megami took no hesitation as her right arm kept blowing out the line of flames that erupted. The left hand had begun to use the fingers to swirl around a small thin aura that begun to circulate and accumulate more of the essence coming from Megami's palm until it was a solid brimming ball similar to a flame. Megami had lowered her right arm as the flames had begun to die out, and quickly hurled behind the trail the formed Divinity Sphere as she aimed to take advantage of the hectic opening attack and smash the sphere into one of the charging viruses and perhaps discourage them if she could from their charge, but the duo left one thing unaccounted for...

"You don't have time to dodge!"

However, all was still not well seeing that she was low on time and lacked the opening to dodge considering the viruses were swift and they had been stubborn. Xenneth's rashness to attack without thinking put them in this predicament, but Megami had placed no blame or lacked the heart to argue against her friend's decision. The only thought was simply to acknowledge the moment that he was right as she whipped back her arms and brought her fingers before her, pulling a veil of her aura over her body as she hastily formed a barrier to protect herself from any incoming attacks.

--------------------------------

Free Action: Buff! — Lv(0) + 10 added to Chip Attack! {+10 DMG to FireBurn1}
Action 1: FireBurn1 (60 Fire DMG + Line Attack(3)) {Fishy A|B|C}
Action 2: Divinity Sphere (40 DMG; Null Shot-Attack) {Fishy A}
Action 3: Divinity Aura (20-HP Barrier) {Megami}
[/color]

OOC Notes: Now Listening To: "Pressure" by Paramore
Chatty Ditz:------
The Fishies line up and charge Megami. She takes the opportunity to unleash a raging line of fire in their path. It cooks two of the three Fishies, heavily damaging them, as they run through the flames. Just before the line of Fishies would run over the Navi, Megami manages to deliver a Divinity Sphere to the leader, deleting it, and get up a barrier just as the viruses struck.

The first two bounce off her barrier hard, destroying it, just before the third runs her over. The Spikey then unleashes a ball of fire that burns the Navi.

-Not-So-Playful Enemies-
FishyA: Deleted
FishyB: 30HP
Spikey: 90HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
Megami.EXE: 50HP (Barrier Broken!)
The viruses had become a "Crash and Burn" tag team in the literal sense.

The moment Megami was knocked down; her body had taken an explosive impact of fire that left her covered in bits of data that were smoldered into ash along with the scorched area behind her. The explosive sound was like the drop and napalm; her eyes were narrowed thinly as she was trying to ignore the pain of what felt like a significant burn as she set upon her backside. Xenneth's voice barely registered as Megami had tried to regain her hearing. She was off guard at the moment, and lucky she had a little time to react because of the viruses most likely open because of their executed attacks.

"I'm going ahead and sending chips before they come back!"

Xenneth's voice had finally gotten through to Megami, but she was still groggy from the assault. She had barely heard the first time the plan (if there was one) that Xenneth had in mind. Her ears had finally stopped the intense ringing leaving her to prepare herself as she limply took a stance and looked to her aggressors. The passing Fishy viruses were most likely going to come back for another round, but Megami was unsure from where they would come, and the Spiky virus would take advantage of the moment where she would be open if she would allow him.

This time, she could not allow them.

"Xen-kun," Megami called, "We need to intercept those viruses!"

Xenneth had heard Megami, but as usual, he misunderstood. She was not the "smartest" NetNavi considering she was even unsure of herself, but she had great instincts; a trait she had shown well as Xenneth had followed along to her lead. His hand went back over the chips he was about to slot in: a bunch of blasters and firearms that did well in subduing targets from a range. He was hoping a reckless barrage of shots would be enough to take down the viruses, but whatever Megami was thinking was most likely well thought out than his own plan...

...was it?

"S-sure!" he responded nervously not wanting to reveal his reckless ignorance, "W-what do you have in mind, Megami-chan?"

To that, Megami's eyes went to the shrinking green figures behind her, surely the Fishy viruses that had passed by were about to make their circle after they passed a certain point, and that only meant they lacked time. "Send something that I can use to grab those viruses," Megami had noted, "I'll also need something to distract that fire-shooting virus!"

Xenneth had in mind two chips as Megami said that: something with some force and another with some rage!

"I got it!" Xenneth had nodded as he dropped his selected chips into his satchel slots and pulled out two others, "Cannon and RageClaw! Battle Chips in, download!"

Megami had received the data and made use of it right away as she had faced toward the direction of the Spikey virus. Her right arm, her aiming arm, had turned into the familiar array of a large armored weapon. She had pointed the open barrel towards the Spikey virus that attacked earlier and let out a powerful blast that sounded like the fire of true cannon fire that would come from an armada. The shot most likely would not destroy the Spikey virus, but she needed to at least keep it busy by knocking it back with the tremendous force, and be lucky to buy some time while she did so.

"Shield!" Megami's cry had went through the air as her left hand stretched outward towards the direction of the Fishy viruses as she waited for one to come charging in with its attack.

A direct and frontal attack was good for her seeing she could wait and spring her trap the moment they came closing in. With her cannon fading into air and in its place forming the RageClaw weapon, Megami had sat in wait as she planned for the Fishy virus to charge and impact her shield, and she would take the opportunity to snatch it and throw it into its charging flock (or school? They fly but they're fish, right?) causing some damage and difficult for the viruses.

She only hoped that she could get her timing right and her instincts would prove helpful once again like before.

Action 1: Cannon (40 Null DMG + Knockback) {Spikey}
Action 2: NCP: Shield (One-Hit Shield) {Fishy (Random)}
Free Action: Buff! — Lv(0) + 10 added to Chip Attack! {+10 DMG to RageClaw}
Action 3: 30 Null DMG + Impact (Throw) {Throw Intercepted Fishy @ Spikey}

The Fishies arced around and charged at Megami again as she lined up a shot at the Spikey virus. She manages to tag the Spikey with her Cannon, then to spin around and snag the first Fishy in the line and throw it at the Spikey.

The Spikey took a Cannon shot... then a Fishy to the face. The Fishy was deleted by the impact. And the combination of hits caused the Spikey's fireball to go off-target and miss the Navi.

However, the other two Fishies ran Megami over. The first smashing into the shield, and the second actually striking the Navi.

Both the Navi and the Spikey weren't looking too good after that round.

-Not-So-Playful Enemies-
FishyB: Deleted
Spikey: 20HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
Megami.EXE: 35HP (Shield Broken!)
"Megami-chan!"

"Do not...worry about me, Xen-kun!" Megami's reply was painstaking, "Counterattack!"

Xenneth's heart was right, but so was Megami's logic. Xenneth could not let this chance go by seeing that the Fishy viruses had been making their pass after launching a dashing attack that knocked Megami off her feet. He observed the field seeing the Spikey virus had been labored, and it shown clearly, but the look was neutral as Megami shown similarities. He did not however let that look go to waste; as Megami urged him correctly, Xenneth went on the counterattack.

"A-alright!" Xenneth's reply was a mixture of fading panic. He was not sure the last time he felt his heart race so quickly, "Shotgun! Battlechip in, download!" his shrill voice let out a cry as the download sequence had displayed.

Megami had little to no time left as she had overwritten her RageClaw weapon and in its place was the array that formed around her hand to be a canister-like cannon weapon. After rolling over and kneeling with her arm stretching to the direction of the passing viruses, Megami opened her palm that was shown amongst the array as a small glow of light that was the size of a bead had shown, and just as quickly that bead raced across the field as it collected into the size of a baseball and aimed to slam into the Fishy with the force of a bullet.

"Megami, you should defend yourself!" Xenneth urged as he went through his satchel checking the last of his battle chips, "Your strength is getting low and we're still outnumbered."

Megami had given a simple nod as she had heard this. She slowly, with some difficulty due to pain, stood upon her feet while she had swept one of her hands low towards the ground level. She had brought that arm upward as a light haze of light that was thin as a sheet started to covet her and brim like a weak little flame that burned across her form. The non-potent aura was formed once more as the defense shown, and to Xenneth's mind, would be ample help in trying to stave off anymore attacks that may come their way, and last but not least, calm his worry.

"I may be able to take one out," Megami had noted as she had spun one of her Divinity Sphere's in the palm of her right hand. The basketball sized sphere had almost instantly formed because of the ease she had now calling the massivue flux of aura to her. She was developing a keen instinct and ability for battle, and not to mention a taste for it as well.

The angelic NetNavi reeled her right arm back; her palm stretched out and leveled upward as if she was levitating the sphere over her open hand. She had waited for one of the Fishy to approach once more at their rocketing speed towards her direction, and Megami cast it forth quickly as the sphere sped across the area aiming to collide with one of the Fishy viruses.

Free Action: Buff! — Lv(0) + 10 added to Chip Attack! {+10 DMG to Shotgun}
Action 1: Shotgun (60 Null DMG + Spread1) {FishyC & D}
Action 2: Divinity Aura (20-HP Barrier) {Megami}
Action 3: [i][Divinity Sphere (40 DMG; Null Shot-Attack)[/i] {FishyC}

[I have noticed an error in this battle made by me. Fishys cause Impact damage, which doubles against barriers and causes overbleed to the defender. As such I will retain that everything that happened in this battle before this post will stand and continue on normally.]

Two blasts and a Fishy was deleted. Unfortunately the first Shotgun blast missed the second Fishy by mere nano-inches. So both it and the Spikey landed solid hits. Unfortunately for Megami, the Barrier did not hold up to the last Fishy, who smashed hard through it and rolled her over, before she was struck by a fireball from the front. Leaving her smoking on the floor in real trouble.

-Not-So-Playful Enemies-
FishyC: Deleted
Spikey: 20HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
Megami.EXE: 10HP (Barrier Broken!)
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING![b][/b]

The intense glow from Xenneth's P.E.T. was chilling.

He had felt his heart race a marathon and his bones palms sweat a cascading waterfall. His eyes went to the glowing parts of the representation that was Megmai's body that was displayed across the screen: left hand, right leg, chest area all supposedly warn but as he looked to the computer display of her in action, she stood properly, retained composure, and her chest was puffed out proudly. The NetNavi who had been ran over and knocked down was up on her feet once again with such resolve that he barely had time to ask her...

"Megami-chan!" he cried, "Are you okay?"

"I-I am...fine." a reply wrapped in anguish and modesty left the angelic NetNavi's lips, "Please, proceed! I believe that we have one more Battle Chip left! Xen-kun, please send it!"

Xenneth was hesitant to take his NetNavi upon her word at that moment, but still, he remembered promising to trust her. Within seconds he had lifted up two Battle Chips that remained in his arsenal: a single Guard Lv.1 and Pulsar Lv.1 Battle Chip that was in his right hand that was accompanied by a small puddle of seat. The violet haired boy lifted them and pressed them in quickly, making up for the slight moment of hesitation it took to believe his NetNavi.

"Pulsar1 and Guard1! Battlechips in, downloaded!"

"Thank you, Xen-kun..." Megami weakly replied. At least, now, he was not trying to bicker and proclaim that Megami was "not okay" as he usually beckoned her like a worried mom.

As Megami had taken her stance, she had formed the array on her arms consisting a canister-like weapon with an antenna upon it. The small point at the end of the weapon had begun to glow brightly as it was imbued with an accompanied output of her special power, and then shortly after there was a massive burst of energy erupted from the antenna as it was sent darting across the terrain and aimed towards the direction of the Fishy virus.

"Divinity Barrage!" Megami's voice cried out as that right hand had whisked back, pulled out a sphere of aura, and then sent it flying towards the Fishy once more as she intended for the two blows to be enough to finish it.

They had to...

Megami had not much energy left in her, and so she had to play defensively. Her arms had risen as she begun to let formulate, with her left arm, the data that was downloaded before as the tips of her fingers reached out and begun to form in small glowing squares, parts of a shield that bulged outward in the direction of the fiery virus that would protect her from its onslaught.

Free Action: Buff! — Lv(0) + 10 added to Chip Attack! {+10 DMG to Pulsar}
Action 1: Pulsar1 (80 Primary; Object Trigger + Blast 2) {Fishy D}
Action 2: Divinity Barrage (10 DMG; Buster Shot) {Fishy D}
Action 3: [Guard1 (Reflect (60 Null DMG + One-Hit Shield + Piercing + One-Line]: On Hit) {Spikey}

Down to a critical amount of HP, Megami was on very unstable ground here, and her operator sent her the two remaining battlechips required to keep her alive and running. The Pulsar was infused with extra power, and let loose at the Fishy with two strikes. The first hit powerfully, and the second dealt just enough to finish it off. Meanwhile, the Spikey behind her wasn't too happy about the Navi still standing, and was about to teach her a lesson, but she managed to swing her Guard around just in the nick of time to deflect the attack into the Spikey.

A stand-off.

-Not-So-Playful Enemies-
FishyD: Deleted
Spikey: 5HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
Megami.EXE: 10HP
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING![b][/b]

The words flashed across the screen more rapidly now...

Xenneth's heart raced the moment the ball of flame made contact and could make out parts of shimmering blue pixels that seeped into the atmosphere like ashes. He thought the worst as he seen one thing, but thought it was a miracle because of what he seen next: the data of the peeled Guard chip and Megmai's weakened frame standing across from the Spikey virus. Her hand was still risen as if she was still in mid-guard meaning she had made it in a nick of time.

"Thank Goodness," Xenneth's right hand slid across his heart as if he was trying to soothe it by his flesh, "...she's fine." Xenneth could only say that and nothing more. The violet haired boy had run out of battle chips, his NetNavi was already weak, and so far the battle field was straight forward with only one enemy standing.

Clearly, it was not up to Megami...

The angelic NetNavi did not have "failure" running through her mind, but only the defeat of the virus. It was the one thing that would keep her Net Operator, rather her friend, from worrying, being in distress, and revoking his fate in her abilities. She had thought of nothing but defeating the Spikey virus with careful but considerate actions. She would have to be quick, accurate, but also careful.

"Now come..."

Megami spoke gently, but she acted with such tenacity. Her left hand that stayed risen had clinched inward creating a small tiny bulb that burst into a small solid sphere of aura. The NetNavi's left hand reeled back as she kept her eyes on the Spikey virus and she sent the ball of essence speeding forward like a pitched baseball. Megami's body had swung around frantically giving speed to the powerful cast but making it seem as if she was off guard.

"Megami-chan!"

Be careful? Megami did not have to listen to the second line that would most likely come after. Instinct already covered for her weakness as her body swung around making a faint essence of aura build around the heels of her brown, wood-woven sandals, and soon burst into a spiraling sphere of energy that coated and protected her body. Megami's right hand reached out to this veil of aura as she drew from its readied form. With a thrust of her right hand, she sent a burst of aura flying forth aiming for the virus as a follow-up to her combination.

Action 1: Divinity Barrage (10 DMG; Buster Shot) {Spikey}
Action 3: Divinity Barrage (10 DMG; Buster Shot) {Spikey}

It wasn't exactly too difficult to defeat the virus in front of her, but to Megami and the Spikey, the last fleeting moments of battle carried on forever. Beckoning the Spikey to one last shootout, Megami cast a buster shot in its direction, but that was nimbly dodged by the canine virus, knowing that it was on its last threads of life. However, it was weak, and could not counterattack in kind, even as Megami put up a defense for just such an occasion. Tired out, it waited helplessly for the follow-up attack that was already flying towards it...

-Not-So-Playful Enemies-
FishyD: Deleted
Spikey: Deleted

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
Megami.EXE: 10HP

-Battle 4, Victory!!-
Rewards: 650z
"BOO-HAHAHAHAAAA!"

As Megami clinched the Zenny data in her hand, she whipped her body around expecting to find a virus that made such an unusual sound, but she laid eyes upon something else; something that was a little more "festive." She had approached the form even as she was weak, her eyes laying upon its strange rounded form, it's eyes triangular shaped, and its mouth was a jagged opening that emitted a bright glow that was like that of a flame as it stood upon a rectangular pedestal.

"BOOOO-HAHAHAHAAA! Behold, for I am the Jack O'Chip Trader!"

"Jack'O...chip trader?"
Megami asked, "That is such a strange name for a virus."

Xenneth had smiled with an awkward look upon his face, "By the sound of the name, I seriously doubt it's a virus." He inquired and simply wavered his hand before him seeing the strange trader from his display. Megami looked on as she seemed to walk around the strange instrument that was upon the network. She was cautious; still walking round and about the strange instrument as she seemed to stand in front of it with a hand tempting to reach out.

"BOOOO-HAAA!" it cried, "Feed me one of your very own chips with your hand and either get a trick of me keeping your chip and your hand with it...or a treat!"

"A trick...or a treat?" Megami had asked as she stroked her chin with her right hand, "Well, why do we not try it? If it is not a virus, then there is no harm, yes?"

Xenneth awkwardly smiled...again. "There are more dangerous things on the internet than just viruses," he had said, but nonetheless, it was worth a try, wasn't it? "Well...let's try to use this chip, Guard1! I'm sure we can find another one somewhere!" Xenneth had exclaimed. Megami, agreeing with a nod, had taken the chip data in hand and slipped it into the digital chip trader's opening.

...it was warm...and the tension was thick!

".......BOOOOOO-HAHAHHAHAAAAA!!!"

Megami snatched her hand out and with it...a Battle-chip!

"A treat for you!"

Megami.EXE Lose: Battle Chip: Guard1
Megami.EXE GET: Battle Chip: Anti-Elec

"Wow!" Xenneth gasped in surprise of the unusual Battle Chip, "This one seems hard to find. I think it's perfect for battle against Electrical Viruses if I remember the information from my textbook."

"BOOOOOO-HAHAHAHAA!" the chip trader went on, "Now! Do it again, but this time, use your toes!"

Xenneth stared and Megami blinked. Now things had gotten just plain weird.

"....uh...please? You have nice toes!"

"Oh!" Megami smiled in glee, "Thank you very much!"

"Megami-chan, we have homework to do." Xenneth said as he slotted in two Sub-Chips, both of them MiniEnergy. The awkwardness of the situation allowed for him to search for a reason (any reason) to get away from the Chip Trader at that moment since Megami was too naïve to even consider just how strange such a request was.

Xenneth Used: MiniEnergy (x2) {Recover 100 HP}

"Oh, you're right Xen-kun!" Megami said happily turning to the chip trader and waving, "Farewell, Jack'O Trader! May you see many nice toes like mine!" Megami chimed happily as Xenneth shook his head.

Sometimes, it was mind-boggling how such a strong custom NetNavi was so dense!
[/color]

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: "Rainbow Veins" from Owl City
Chatty Ditz: -----
Special Notes (For Staff): Recovered using 2 MiniEnergy; gained Chip from event; Requesting from Staff: Battle Five.
The digital town of ACDC NET recedes a little as Megami comes upon a darker area on the outskirts. A small roadway shrine sits on the path leading away from central ACDC. In front of the shrine sat a Navi in emerald-colored armor, facing away from the path. He seemed to be meditating in a cross-legged position. Before Megami could act, his head snaps up, as if sensing Megami's presence. "I see that you are my next opponent," the Navi states as he uncrosses his legs and stands up.

Turning around he bows before Megami. "I have waited patiently for this," he says right before drawing a large knife from the scabbard on his waist. However, the blade wasn't made of metal, but of bamboo. He then thrusts the blade into the ground. Grass erupted from the ground all around the two Navis, covering up their surroundings, until only a grassy field remained.

The green Heel-Navi extracted the bamboo blade from the ground and points it toward Megami in challenge. "Please do not disappoint me."

-Boss-
Green Heel-Navi: 100HP [BambooKnife 6/6]

-Terrain-
100% Grass

-Objects-
Shrine: 100HP

-Challenger-
Megami.EXE: 100HP

~BATTLE 5: READY FOR A BOSS FIGHT?... BEGIN!!~
A Shrine for the Goddess? Not likely...

Megami knew nothing of a shrine or a prayer; so it certainly did not click to her the solemn spirit of the NetNavi that had sat before it. She had looked him over twice as she seen him so silent in a cross-legged position. With the sound of his voice being heard, he uncrossed his legs as Megami was still trying to process exactly whom this NetNavi was; but he had seemed to already answer:

"Your opponent?"

The NetNavi had spoke once again, drawing his weapon and then putting on a beautiful show. He had seemed to harness his ability to control the terrain, turning all the of the area's terrain into a pristine prairie. To Xenneth, it seemed like one of those grass fields that two warriors would make in a classical Electopian Movie in the Edo period; next they would draw swords and charge one another aiming to fight to the death with their blades.

However, that was clearly not Megami.

"Please do not disappoint me."

"I don't think we have a choice but to fight." Megami had glared towards the NetNavi, and clearly, she would have to meet his challenge as her Net Operator pointed out. This was a spectacular way to end a homework assignment, and she meant that in every little way. "That sword looks dangerous! Let's try to counter it! I'll send RageClaw! Just get ready!"

"Let's go!" Megami replied as she went dashing forth towards the NetNavi. She had kicked up a weak aura along her feet that begun to rise, and she hastened it with one swift motion. Megami had made a feint of an action as she dove forth attempting to dive forth towards the NetNavi while attempting to make a narrow dodge, weary of the blade he carried and the aura at her feet falling over her like a net as it protected her from harm.

"RageClaw1! Battle Chip in, download!"

Megami heard Xenneth's cry and complied with action. As her feet went to the ground and she kneeled lowly, Megami swung her body around as she stuck out her hand. She was attempting to catch the NetNavi's body with the forming Rage Claw's nails drew close to slash at the NetNavi she caught in her sight.

She seemed to be opening with a frontal ruthless assault.

Action 1: Divinity Aura (20-HP Barrier) {Megami}
Action 2: Feint (Close-In Carefully!) {Megami}
Free Action: Buff! — Lv(0) + 10 added to Chip Attack! {+10 DMG to RageClaw1}
Action 3: RageClaw1 (50 DMG; Slash-Attack) {Green-Heel Navi}

OOC Notes: Now Listening To: "Emergency" by Paramore
The green Heel-Navi touched a circular symbol on his chest and a barrier formed around him, just before he met Megami's charge with his own. Like the clashes between samurai in classical Electopian Movies of the Edo period, the two Navis struck each other as they passed.

For a moment, nothing seemed to happen. It was as if both Navis were suspended in time, facing away from each other. Their blades held out towards the distance... Although the grass and the cloth parts of their clothing still swayed and rippled in the breeze.

Then both barriers popped like bubbles. "Impressive," the green Navi stated to Megami from over his shoulder before turning to face her. "Let us hope you can keep it up."

-Boss-
Green Heel-Navi: 100HP [BambooKnife 5/6] [Barrier Broken!]

-Terrain-
100% Grass

-Objects-

-Challenger-
Megami.EXE: 100HP [RageClaw1 5/6] [Barrier Broken!]
"Impresive."

Really? Hardly!

"O-oh,"
Megami chimed innocently as she turned and faced the NetNavi at the same time as he looked over his shoulder, "Thank you!"

This was not "impressive" but rather lucky! Xenneth was terrible with Netbattling and Megami knew nothing of it! At the moment, she was acting out on pure experience and instinct that was supplied by her Net Operator, who was at the moment slouched in his chair in great distress, trying to figure out how to deal with this attack NetNavi. Sure, Xenneth could slot in another chip, but how would that help at this point seeing their opponent's movements were so sleek...quick...superior!

"Let us hope you can keep it up."

There was no way he could! Xenneth was already feeling as if he was at a disadvantage by existing! Megami was not a sword fighter, nor was he an expert on such things. Engaging him was not the best idea, so Xenneth figured if he could get a moment, he could perhaps coax Megami to turn tail and run. It was a good idea! A good lie or two, a feint, and then the NetNavi could whip around and...

"I hope so too! Let us go!"

*SWISH!!!*

Attack...? Attack! Megami attacked!

In an instant, Megami had seemed to quickly engage the NetNavi as she swung her RageClaw1 once again attempting to catch the Green-Heel Navi with her nails. "Nyaaaa!" Xenneth cried out as Megami was in the heat of battle, "W-wait! Re-retreat Megami-chan! Retreat!" Megami hearing Xenneth had done so...kicking off on her heel and leaping backward in a quick evasion. Her left foot would catch the ground and help her keep on her toes as she looked over the shoulder knowing the shrine would eventually be at her back if she kept going as so.

"Good idea, Xen-kun," Megami spoke with tenacity in her voice, "I should keep on my toes and try to evade back. That blade does not look very long."

That was not what Xenneth was suggesting at all!

Regardless, Megami had seemed to try to fight with all her strength in battle. Her claw was in hand as she kept it equipped like a sword, and she kept on her feet as if she was a sword-fighting warrior. Her left arm came up as the tips of her fingers had begun to emit a rushing flow of data that started to materialize a large shield right before her eyes as Megami's Navi Icon would make an appearance before her foe and imprinted upon the large shield to block an incoming attack.

Even if Xenneth's cowardly plan was going haywire in one way, in another, it was succeeding...in some strange way..

Free Action: Buff! — Lv(0) + 10 added to Chip Attack! {+10 DMG to RageClaw1}
Action 1: RageClaw1 (50 DMG; Slash-Attack) {Green-Heel Navi}
Action 2: Feint (Get-out of Range!) {Megami}
Action 3: NCP: Shield (Block 1-Hit Shield) {Megami}

Just as before, the Green Heel-Navi went defensive at the start of the round, conjuring this time a large round golden shield with a green cross on it. Megami charged straight into it with a solid blow... The shield shattered with the claw swipe, reflecting all the damage right back to her. Megami reeled from the massive blow brought to her by her own weapon (-50HP to Megami).

"I like your spirit," the Green Heel-Navi said just as his now empty hand formed into a three barreled Vulcan1 and aimed it at Megami. Had the Guard1 not been struck, he would have lost his BambooKnife. "But that only gets you so far in a NetBattle."

He fired three quick shots at Megami, who feinted away: two misses and one hit (-10HP to Megami). "Well done. Most would have collapsed by now." He said after he fired, dropping the expended weapon to the ground, then went into a defensive stance. Megami also went into a defensive stance, bringing out a shield in front of her.

"Come now. Is this all you have?"

-Boss-
Green Heel-Navi: 100HP [BambooKnife 5/6] [Guard1 Broken!]

-Terrain-
100% Grass

-Objects-

-Challenger-
Megami.EXE: 40HP [RageClaw1 4/6] [1-Hit Shield]
"I like your spirit...But that only gets you so far in a NetBattle."

This Net Navi was surely right and Megami was dangling in the threads trying to keep up with an offensive effort, and her defensive was waning. The NetNavi's projectile shots from his Vulcan had pelted Megami's area, one of them peeling away at her body adding to the damage from her careless assault on that accursed shield. Her right brow furred as she winced in a bit of pain, and her shield had come up with ease even though the Heel-Navi revealed to do nothing; not even foolishly draw close.

"This guy is pretty tough!"
Xenneth had obviously declared. Megami's panting was heavy and her eyes seemed to reflect some worry. More than half her strength was already drained.

"Come now. Is this all you have?"

"Well..." Megami swallowed between heavy pants, "...it is all 'I' have, but..."

"Shotgun! Battle Chip in, Download!"

Megami's shield has begun to turn into nothing but pixels as it revealed behind its form the RageClaw was gone, but in that hand was the familiar heavily drawn arrays that made an artillery-like weapon on her hand. The barrel of the weapon was low and was concealed at first, but it was obvious it was aimed enough to blow away the temple and body of anyone that it was facing. Megami with her left hand free of her shield and right clutching the trigger of the program had activated it.

*BOOM!!!*

The roar of the weapon tore through the air as Megami let out a shotgun round. She caught her balance as she nearly fallen to her knees. The body of the angelic NetNavi was enduring some strain do to the damage she had taken, but she had remained focused as she listen for her next order.

"Megami! Get to the Shrine for cover!"

A cowardly tactic, but smart at this point; Megami had listened to Xenneth, making a motion as she had moved along the shrine and aimed to get into a blind spot as she done so. The NetNavi's right hand motioning upward as she swept it overhead, attempting to give herself cover as she fled, Megami tried to gain some defend against the onslaught of the Heel Navi.

They needed some time to regroup and recover!

Free Action: Buff! — Lv(0) + 10 added to Chip Attack! {+10 DMG to Shotgun}
Action 1: Shotgun (60 DMG + Spread1) {Green-Heel Navi}
Action 3: Movement! (Use the Shrine for cover) {Megami}