Lesson One: Desire

There was a brilliant flash as the deformed light had touched down on the glowing green and blue terrain. Where there was soil, there was solid flooring that was like the inside of a building. Meeting with the heels and soles of the feminine figure that took her step upon the plain, it was all somewhat natural to her. There was a faint smile that graced the perfect face of the so-called "Goddess," and a bend in her legs as her dress glided to the flooring's level. Her hand reached out stroking a finger tips against the surface and her eyes seeming to come to a near close.

"This is the Cyberworld, yes?"
Megami's voice was one filled with intrigue.

"Umm...y-yeah."

Xenneth had never ceased to be amazed by Megami's obliviousness of the network and her nature. It had taken some time to get use to her, learn that she needed to learn things about herself, and her being. He had always found this to be something of his luck: terrible! Although Megami was a NetNavi, she had the mind of a ditzy blonde girl stereotypes that were in school (which was not far-off seeing she was blonde). However, Megami was not any of those blonde girls at school that would belittle Xenneth or become popular for some reason that had escaped him; she was kind, thoughtful, and had a heart that was always set on doing the right thing. He saw it in her nature, especially when she had tried to sympathize with him, something that was beyond a NetNavi whom knew nothing but zeros, ones, and common sense.

"I am sorry, Xen-kun." Megami replied, "My assignment was to do your homework, yes? That is what a NetNavi is supposed to do."

"Oh, o-okay. We should get started then." Xenneth replied, "We need to delete as many viruses as we can while going through the Net Area, and we get bonus points if we do exceptionally well. B-but you don't have to think too fully of that or the lesson, Megami-chan! J-just do the lesson, o-okay?!"

"Understood. I will try my best to get you a good grade, Xen-kun."

The assignment was simple to explain, the feelings were not.

Xenneth had tried to go through the conversation without trying to make Megami feel like a tool, but that in itself was difficult. He had tried to explain before to Megami that she was a NetNavi while he himself was a human, and there was difference in the two. He regretted his attempt the first time, as now, it only made it out to be some sort of conflict between his will for her to be a friend, his first true friend; while Megami had feelings to be something adequate. He knew this of Megami, but he just did not know how deep that desire was, nor the motivation.

"W-well, let's begin," Xenneth suggested, "We should finish here before we go home to Green Town."

On Xenneth's words, and a nod of her head, it was Megami's cue to begin as she had begun to trek lightly into the area of ACDC Network.

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: "Rainbow Veins" from Owl City
Current Attire: Default GMO
Chatty Ditz: ----
Special Notes: This is Battle One.
((Bump - 48 Hours))
As if required by law, three Metool stood in front of Megami, as if welcoming her to the Net. And by welcome, I mean ready to attack.

---WELCOMING COMMITTEE--
MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
MetoolC: 40 HP

---WELCOMING TERRAIN---
100% Normal

---WELCOMED NAVI---
Megami.EXE: 100 HP

- BATTLE ONE, READY
- IT'S OKAY TO BE TERRIFIED BY THIS UNREASONABLY HARD FIGHT
- GO
"Eeeep! Viruses!"

Xenneth's screech had not made Megami flinch, but she did get on guard. Her right hand reaching out and her palm almost opening completely with her fingers curled as if she was making a paw to strike. Her legs spread as her posture had became balanced; her left arm was pulled back as if she could launch a fist forth. She stared at the Mettaur viruses being familiar with them before since she had toured the simplistic parts of the internet in the school and had to learn the basics of remedial virus physics. She thought they were actually cute, but that did not make her digress from her knowledge that they were quite aggressive.

"Do not worry, Xen-kun." Megami had chimed with her gentle voice, "Remember my ability, yes?"

"Oh!" the violet haired boy chimed, "That 'thing' over you."

Megami's right hand was revealed empty, and her left was brought forth with it. From her bridging thumbs and tipping index fingers, she had formed a small spherical form of light between the triangular opening that wisp in place like a silent yellow flame that it looked like. As she begun to spread her hands adjacent from one another, the small sphere followed, expanding as the burning form had begun to run across Megami's body before completely engulfing it and making her clothing motion in place as if they were being swayed by a breeze continuously. The burning form had engulfed her completely from head to toe as she was coveted in the strangest essence.

"Oh! It's that aura!" he had said, remembering Megami's ability to control the strange energy, "That should protect you for a while, right?"

Megami nodded before returning to her previous posture. Her eyes were fixated on the viruses once more, her targets to be eliminated and she followed suit remembering the assignment. The left hand that was pulled back had opened as a small round point had burned furiously as it burst and crackled outward as if it was suddenly igniting. The finger tips curved inward as if to contain the brimming mass, but soon they begun to spread outward more as it became more intense and then bended inward once more as it became tame, its form becoming sculpted by the female's will as it seemed to become a polished, solid sphere.

"Shinsei Kuiki!" A cry erupted with the burst from the left hand of Megami as it burst forward. The ball of solid energy had raced forth traveling at the speed of a bullet and the sound echoing like the pop of a pistol. The trajectory was intended to be right for that of the first Mettaur virus, but Megami had not given a second look or stalled seeing that her attention had gone to the other two remaining viruses.

"She can't constantly use her special attack like that," the violet haired boy thought as his fingers rummaged through the small pack on his right hip, "That means she'll have to use Divinity Volley, but that's weak, so I guess I should help..." His fingers fumbled the battlechip around in an amateur fashion before finding the base. The violet haired boy lifted his head to see Megami who stood in form still as she readied to attack.

"I'll use this!" he said, thoughts slightly scattered seeing the display of power and grace from his new custom NetNavi, "Shotgun! Battle chip in, download!"

Megami's right hand that was lifted and readied before her had begun to shape a number of lines that became grids, and grids that made it seem as if her right arm became solid and changed form. It was actually overlapped by the data of the loaded Battlechip, and by instinct of it sewing in with her programming, Megami knew how to make it function as she brought it forth and directed it towards the remaining Mettaur viruses that was before her. With a pull of her fingers that were shown under the silhouette of the weapon there was the sound following behind that was like a blast of a shotgun. The round's impact would aim to spread in a rapid blast that would aim for the second virus if it was within range.

"That's strong!" an impressed Xenneth, nor Megami, were quite informed on how the Battle Chip worked, but he was in awe with the power of the blast as he gasped.

--------------------------------

Action 1: Divinity Aura (20-HP Barrier) {Megami}
Action 2: Divinity Sphere (40 Null-Dmg; Shot-Attack) {Mettaur A}
Action 3: Shotgun (50 Null-Dmg + Spread1; Shot-Attack) {Mettaur B | C}

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: "Pressure" by Paramore
Chatty Ditz: I'm sure it'll give me enough trouble.
Like many a Navi before her, Megami started off with by strengthening her defenses. In her case, it was a barrier. A Metool decided that it was having none of that, however, and launched a shock wave at the Navi, though it harmlessly passed through her thanks to the barrier. A ball of light then made sure that didn't happen again. And to wrap things up, she launched a Shotgun...but one of her intended targets hid beneath its helmet in fear of being deleted. Judging by the fact the spread took care of the other one before it could do the same, it was probably a smart idea on its part.

---WELCOMING COMMITTEE--
MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolC: DELETED

---WELCOMING TERRAIN---
100% Normal

---WELCOMED NAVI---
Megami.EXE: 100 HP (10 HP Barrier)
Megami's barrier had become weakened with the previous blow, the burning essencce starting to dwindle with half the intensity it had at the beginning. Her arms that were raised from the impact had lowered themselves as she brought them back down to resume her fighting posture. She could see the field was clear, or at least almost seeing the shining form of one of the remaining helmets. "There's one left!" Her Net Operator's chant had made her nod her head while she stood on guard. Her palms glowed from her conjuring energy to use her attack, her basic Divinity Volley seeing that she lacked her energy to re-use her aura abilities. She raised her hands, prepared herself, and then...

...She stopped.

"Oh?" Megami's eyes laid upon something she did not expect. The virus hiding itself beneath the helmet. There was nothing of its little black body or yellow capsule shaped shoes. Megami, looking on, blinked in slight confusion while she looked on with some uncertainty starting to seep into her expression. Her head tilted more slight than ever showing her signature face for misunderstanding the situation. "Is it...scared?" Megami had asked as she had looked on towards the virus's helmet. It was almost by instinct that she lowered her arms while the light faded from her hands. Her movements with light and stealthy as she approached the virus and then stopped before the still helment before she crouched lowly before it.

"M-Megami-chan!" the violet haired boy squeaked watching the NetNavi, "W-what are you doing?! Is that safe?"

"I do not see why not," she had said with her gentle voice, "If it is intimidated and alone, then certainly attacking it will not manage anything." Megami had said before lifting her right hand towards the front of the helmet. Her fragile little knuckles had reached out to tap upon the helmet intending for the virus beneath it to respond as if the female was a visitor to its doorstep.

*Tap Tap Tap!* her knuckles would go if were to pound the dome.

"Excuse me," she had called out to the hidden virus, "Can you perhaps admit defeat and flee? There is no gain from me deleting a virus that is helpless and scared. Not only that, but I can always engage in battle with another virus to finish my Net Operator's assignment." she had said with a face with honest concern that worked along with a voice of honest decency.

Megami was not one to be barbaric or heartless when it came to such matters; even if the target was some type of virus.

Action 1: Check on the virus? (Approach) {Mettaur B}
Action 2: Knock on helment! (Lure it out!) {Mettaur B}
Action 3: Talk to virus! (Reason with it?) {Mettaur B}

OOC Notes:
Chatty Ditz: ------
((Bump - Babysitting, but able.))
BAM! That was the sound of the Metool's pickaxe as it smacked the approaching Navi with it. Luckily, the barrier already in place made sure there was no pain from it. Nope, reasoning wasn't an option with this one.

---WELCOMING COMMITTEE--

---WELCOMING TERRAIN---
100% Normal

---WELCOMED NAVI---
"Ahh!" The sound of her naïve nature bounding off the aura that coveted her body.

Megami had almost stumbled back from the sudden blow that was aimed towards her. Sure, it did not inflict any damage, but nevertheless, the angelic NetNavi had felt something that came from the blow that was a pain to her body: foolishness. The moment Megami had felt the aura fade away as if it was a dying ember of a long burning flame; the traces of the essence had become nothing but mere wisps upon her shoulder and legs. The next moment, the NetNavi clinched her knuckles, squeezed tightly with her mighty grip, and then thrust her arms back as she let out a cry.

"Yah!" Megami's cry emitted like a thunder clap, and the aura that ignited was a mighty force that blew back traces of the cyber terrain at the toe of her sandals. Her fingers unraveled from fists as she looked down upon the Mettaur virus with that same sympathetic expression; sadness in her eyes, with her lips bent in a sure frown that shown some regret. Her regret was not because of her mercy, but the thought of ever having to start a battle in the first place.

"Be careful, Megami-chan!" Xenneth had cried, "I'll send a BattleChip!"

"...Thank you, Xen-kun" the divine NetNavi had said with her lips still retaining that sad expression. The next moment, Megami had lifted her hands before her as she stretched her arms outward. The virus that was before her was almost a finger touch away had it not been so short and Megami standing tall once more towered above it. Her hands that were stretched out had begun to become coveted with the pixels of intertwining lines of green and orange. Her fingers curved as if she was about to grasp a handle, and from her grasped and pull of her wrists, she pulled that invisible trigger and fired.

*BOOM!*

With a powerful blast with recoil that sent her blonde feathery hair flying into the wind breeze, Megami shot a blast towards the Mettaur virus with an unchanging expression and form that stood defensively. Her palms readied to form a shield of light from her hands when ready to counter. An oval sharped light minimized in her hand, ready to expand when she required it to. She seemed more determined, resolved to end the battle without suffering any damage as commanded by her Net Operator for a reason unknown to himself.

Action 2: Cannon (40 Null-Dmg + Pushback; Shot-Attack) {Mettaur B}
Action 3: NCP: Shield (Block One-Hit)

OOC Notes:
Chatty Ditz: -----

(Bump - I'm dawdling on FaceBook.)
Bang went the invisible firearm, completely erasing the Metool from the plane of the living, leaving Megami's defensive motions without use.

---WELCOMING COMMITTEE--
MetoolB: DELETED

---WELCOMING TERRAIN---
100% Normal

---WELCOMED NAVI---

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[Guard1] Battlechip, 240z
"Oh! Xen-kun, I have more data."

Megami had swept her hands across the terrain as she intercepted the shreds of data where the Mettaur viruses once stood. It only took a moment before she saved the data by closing her eyes, synching it with her programming, and sending it from herself to the P.E.T that she was integrated into. The display screen on the violet haired boy's P.E.T. had revealed some coins and data intact that had an image of the familiar hardhat wearing virus glimmering from the impact of what looked like a might force. Xenneth gasped realizing just what this was.

"Oh! There's some Battle Chip data here!" Xenneth reached into his satchel as he let his fingers wrap around a blank chip and pressed it into his P.E.T., the data begun to download itself while he also slid his other Battle Chips in the nearby P.C. at his left hip where he sat on the bench at the park. The images showing on the used Battle Chips exposed that they were done refreshing the data after the charge as well as the newest chip finally finishing downloading.

"Will we meet more viruses...like those?" Megami questioned.

"Maybe, but probably a little stronger. If we stay logged in, more viruses become attracted to you." Xenneth had said as Megami pressed her lips together in dismay hearing the response. Xenneth plainly did not see that she meant it some other way. As he took his attention away from loading the Battle Chips that he slipped back into the satchel and looked at Megami's expression. "Oh...you mean...like that..."

His voice sounded broken remembered Megami being fooled by the virus's faux fear tactic.

"Well, viruses generally just attack data. That's what they do and they lack sympathy. I think that's what they mentioned in class, but I can't be sure." Megami looked to the video display before her as she captured Xenneth's uncertainty. "Can't be sure? So, are all viruses meant to be fought and defeated? How will we know the difference?"

Megami's question was putting a strain on what Xenneth knew. He was not very good at this kind of stuff, and if anything, was a ditz when it came to understanding feelings. However, this was computing, right? There were no feelings, thoughts, or burdens within it. However, here he was talking to Megami, a program that was uncertain about her feelings of fighting, disliked violence, and did not see the programming world as zeroes and ones, but a beautiful world that was like his own.

"I think...you'll know." Xenneth had said, "If something doesn't feel right, then you'll notice. After all, your judgment is better than mine."

Megami had paused before making any action. However, from the way he said this, it made her feel content, as if her Net Operator had faith within her. It was a blessed feeling, knowing that someone she adored so much had trusted her judgment. It did not matter the relationship between Net Operator or Net Navigator since those feelings that were like genuine emotion riled her brains releasing something she did not expect or even comprehend at the moment.

It was pleasure.

"Okay!" Megami said with a nod, "Let us continue your assignment, Xen-kun."

With this, Megami proceeded deeper along into ACDC's net area.

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: "Rainbow Veins" from Owl City
Special Notes: I'm requesting for Battle Two.

(Bump - Research Paper is pretty easy this time around as a junior.)
And things got batty in the belfry, as Megami encountered some more viruses. Only without the belfry. The batty part was definitely true. Well, sorta, as things were also quite bunny, too. But that doesn't sound quite as nice, now does it?

---BATTY VIRUSES---
PulsebatA: 80 HP
PulsebatB: 80 HP
BunnyA: 50 HP
BunnyB: 50 HP

---UNBELFRY TERRAIN---
100% Normal

---BELLLESS NAVI---

- BATTLE TWO, READY
- BELFRY IS A VERY SILLY WORD, ISN'T IT?
- GO
"I've never seen these viruses before."

Megami was halted in her path by the set of strange animal-like figures before her. She was fascinated, opposed to Xenneth's blind fear as he watched on to see the viruses that had suddenly stood before her. These viruses were certainly nothing he was familiar with: rounded, big eyes that were tucked under the large, yellow hardhats. He had watched on as Megami had taken her fighting form while seeming to have a casually content face while she faced down the viruses that were before her.

"Oh! Are these creatures viruses, too?" Megami asked Xenneth in a voice meant for pleasantries. The situation called for anything but such a tone as she went on, "Then I will delete them, Xen-kun. Just give the orders and your operation!"

"N-no! Wait!" Xenneth had exclaimed, "I-I've never seen these viruses before, Megami-chan. You'll have to be extra careful about fighting them. The ones that are flying are called 'bats' in our world, but the other ones are 'rabbits.' I don't know what they would do in the cyber world though since viruses are pretty unpredictable."

The blonde Goddess nodded. "I understand."

Megami had complied as she stretched her legs and stood tall. Her arms lifted, elbows pulled back readily, and her eyes had closed as she had begun to summon the energy dormant within her. Using her raw emotions, the burning essence from previous battles had exploded outside of Megami's very body and started to brim around her as if she was set aflame from the yellow hues that danced along her bright skin. As she relaxed herself, letting that same essence carry her clothing in a gentle flow of her vibrant energy, she began to take to the offensive with her next movement.

"Shinsei Kuiki!" The light haze of aura that washed over Megami's hands had begun to rage wildly as the flow increased to her hands. As she held her palms adjacent to one another, they had begun to form a ball of the yellow essence as it floated in place like a fireball, and then it begun to become more rounded and solid like that of a shining ball of light. The Goddess had reeled back her right hand with the ball floating in place just below her palm and then whipped it forth as the energy bounded from her palm like a blast and hurled itself into the direction of one of the Bat-like viruses.

With Megami's offense however, she was careful about her defense. Her right hand that whipped itself forward had pulled back as she kept her left arm forth and revealed her palm. With a fierce glare in her eyes going towards the viruses, she awaited a counterattack as she thrust her left arm out, aiming to counter an offensive. "Angel Guard!" the voice of the divine themed NetNavi had roared while a small round shield of light had begun to build upon itself until a large set of wings had appeared before the NetNavi as they acted in a defensive manner to safeguard her.

Action 2: Divinity Sphere (40 Null Dmg; Shot-Attack) {PulseBatB}
Action 3: NCP: Shield (Block 1-Hit) {Megami}

OOC Notes:

(Bump - My weekend is finally clear.)
Barriers, attacks...sigs sure were useful. Especially when they hit their targets like the attack did. Unfortunately, before the defenses came up, a Bunny launched a surprise attack on Megami, managing to hit her and slow down her processes (10, Stun)...luckily, no other viruses attacked. In fact, the Pulsebats flew high into the air, to the point where it'd be awfully hard to hit them...

---BATTY VIRUSES---
PulsebatA: 80 HP (High Altitude)
PulsebatB: 40 HP (High Altitude)

---UNBELFRY TERRAIN---
100% Normal

---BELLLESS NAVI---
Megami.EXE: 90 HP (20 HP Barrier, 1-hit shield) (Stun)
-----(TURN SPLICING!)

*BZZZZT!!!*

"Megami-chan!"
the violet's voice had cracked after the coursing electricity that ripped the air. Before Megami could even begin her melee of attacks, she was stunned as her aura along her body lost its composure letting out a burst. The blonde's feathery locks had flapped if not for the force, but for the jolt that went through her circuitry. Her body flickered and flashed between black and white as if her very body was about to blackout like a light. Her eyes were tightly closed until a moment ago; the sounds of her Net Operator's cry bringing painful, strenuous life to them.

"U-Uck!" Megami chocked on her words, "X-Xen-kun..."

The Godess's hand had been open as the shield she brought up had fallen just as quickly. The pixels of data begun to fade like a specter from eyesight. Her hands closed as nails dug into palm, and elbows begun to bend. The muscles within the program that was defined as responsive movement data had started to become active through passion and willpower. With one forceful grunt and a self-embrace, the flickering ended with one last brilliant flash and as elegant as she came, the Net Navigator stood with a piercing gaze and the aura rushing around the body of Megami.EXE.

"Xen-kun, I am okay..." she had finally responded, "But...those viruses."

"I know," Xenneth nodded his head as a tranquil calm finally set in after deep swallow. There was a trickle of sweat that ran along a furrowed brow, but this was as "settled" as the Net Operator became. His eyes had stared at the screen of the P.E.T, seeing the eyes of the beautiful NetNavi follow that of the viruses that had taken to the air while the other viruses hopped around steadfast. Before he even knew it, he was thinking as he looked towards the funny looking rabbit viruses.

"They're very fast..." the young boy thought, "Before Megami-chan could even guard, they had attacked her."

He had to remember one of his many classroom lessons from the local High School. DenTech Academy had some of the best facilities, teachers, and staff around. That is what they prided themselves on day in and day out. So, when someone like Xenneth had been in one of the classes, it was a shame and disgrace that he did not learn anything. However, the boy slept because of chronic boredom, and he had not a Net Navigator because of his fragile and meek nature. He remembered when he was first offered a NetNavi named "FlowerMan" but declined graciously feeling as if a custom NetNavi was not his own.

Memories were sweet, but bitter at the same time...

There was nothing peculiar or different from FlowerMan to Megami, they were Net Navigators after all. Sure, Megami had the traits of looking like some fair mythological Goddess, and she seemed to have a heart that was special. Megami was ignorant of Net Navigator nature, she had no special features, and on top of everything else her hand had glowed a rainbow hue at times.

"Wait...Megami-chan?" the eyes of Xenneth had gone to Megami's right hand that glowed a vibrant number of colors around it. The aura that brimmed like a flame had begun to shift from orange, to red, to yellow, to green as it hit all the colors of a transparent familiar arch and go back again. The Net Navi lifted her hand to her face as she stared at it with an unusual glance. It was constant, after all, Megami did not know anything of her own nature and it made such scenarios all the more interesting.

"Oh! Such an unusual phenomenon! Is this something fascinating about humans as well, Xen-kun?" Megami had looked on at her open hand with interest. It seemed to have caught the attention of the violet haired boy, but he knew nothing about this.

DenTech Academy's proud halls and corridors taught nothing of this sort.

Action 1: Stun! (Regain mobility!) {Megami}

OOC Notes:
Chatty Ditz: Spliced the post because 1.) I'm tired and 2.) I'm looking for a certain character motivation from the viruses.
(BUMP - Splendid day to be in love.)
As Megami got over her Stun status, the Bunny previously responsible for it launched another ZapRing her way. It narrowly missed, however. The other viruses stayed put for the moment, though that probably wouldn't last for long...

---BATTY VIRUSES---
PulsebatA: 80 HP (High Altitude)
PulsebatB: 40 HP (High Altitude)

---UNBELFRY TERRAIN---
100% Normal

---BELLLESS NAVI---
Megami.EXE: 90 HP (20 HP Barrier, 1-hit shield) (2 actions left)