Rook's new Ally

"So you're the one that-" the navi began, glancing down at the injured delivery navi, then back at Rook and Musou. He stopped as they attempted to negotiate with him for the delivery.

"Whu-hoh, easy there kid and big guy," he said as they finished, raising a hand to cut them off before they could say anything else. "You want me to undo stabbing this guy and return a package that's already sent off, and for nothing but letting me walk free? You're not very good at this negotiating thing, are you?" He twirled the icicle dagger still in his other hand, then caught it in a reverse grip, preparing to react in case one of them decided to make the first move.

Jack's search, meanwhile, turned up nothing. He found several partial matches based on theme, the closest being a Netpolice navi known as IcicleMan, though it was still far enough off to obviously not be the navi in front of them.
____

--Combatants--
Ice dagger-wielding navi: 140 HP

Musou.EXE: 140 HP
Rook.EXE: 85 HP

--Non-Combatants--
Injured navi: 10 HP (Critical condition: -1 HP per round)

--Terrain--
80% Normal (Rooftop)
20% Missing (Open air beyond rooftop)

>Combat has not yet begun<
Ken grits his teeth, sure he wanted that info on Officials so badly he could taste it, but now more was at stake. Not just Jack's entire data delivery, but the life of a navi hung in the balance.. Delivery already sent? He cursed himself for being such an amateur at the net as a whole. He couldn't hack, he couldn't trace data, and if it wern't for his hot-blooded navi, he couldn't even fight. First breaking his foot now this. Failure tasted bitter indeed.

Musou, for his part, lived in the here and now. It was up to his trainer to come up with long-term plans and decide their allegiance. Despite his love for a spar and karate in general, this was serious. The deliveryman's EJO had obviously failed and if he were to disregard the navi as unimportant he would be throwing away any claim he had to having a 'soul'. He cleared his throat, still standing and ready to strike but not entirely unwilling to make some kind of deal. Frowned at the loss of the package, that would dissapoint Ken a lot and probably bug Jack too, but first thing was first..

"If your not in any position to deliver the data back to us then my demands are corrected: Hand over the deliveryman and tell us where we can get the data back. For that you can go free.. If that's not fair then make us an offer", the martial artist said as he stood, tensed. Frankly he wasn't a pure-hearted knight in shining armor and he didn't even know the deliveryman, it was the principle that matered though.
Rook notices the tension in Musou as he watches the event unfold. Relaxing alittle Rook tries to stay loose incase this Navi wants to take it to the next level. "Jack I think you know what you need to do" Rooks says flatly as his mind races.

"On it Rook" Jack says as he begins checking net log for possible sources that the data could have been transfered to and if the entire package had been fully uploaded.

"Please accept my apologise for our hasty threats." Rook says as he lets his arms drop to his sides. "My friend and I are just abit tense as you can see. And as our goal was to retreave the data you already sent off we are at a somewhat of an impass, but right now our priority is that navi you have there. And if you would be willing to allow us to tend to his wounds and let him jack out we could then negotiate for the data in a calmer environment. It may not be much but I would be willing to transfer 200zenny to you to allows us to do this." Rook says he lays a hand on Musou's should. "Relax my friend we must use tact, not agression, if we are to be successful here."
BUMP
"Hah, big guy's got some sense in him after all," the ice navi said, stepping forward to remove the ice dagger from the fallen navi. He held it by the flat of the blade for a second and examined it, then both daggers dematerialized. He spoke again, ignoring Musou's statement in favor of the more diplomatic one. "Keep your money, though. 200z is chump change and we can't do much with it anyway. As for this guy, if you want him, go right ahead. He won't remember me anyway."

Jack's scan detects a faint trace and, upon following it, he is allowed a split-second glimpse of the words "Star Field Server" before a message replaces it reading ACCESS DENIED. The program overloads and crashes, then reboots itself, displaying no results.

Meanwhile, the ice navi continued speaking. "Now, if you want to negotiate, go right ahead. Don't expect it'll do you much good, though. I'm just the deliveryman."
____

--Combatants--

--Non-Combatants--
Injured navi: 8 HP (Critical condition: -1 HP per round)

--Terrain--
80% Normal (Rooftop)

Musou frowns, beginning to wonder what the point of all this is. The delivery was lost, the navi he would like to save is fading fast, the pompus guy who claims to be a deliveryman, but more of a bandit, is just taunting them.. He growls "Fine, step away from the navi on the floor then. We can talk once hes safe."

Ken meanwhile, readies a MiniEnergy chip to transfer to the navi once Musou has him safe.
Rook stands back awaiting to see if the navi will peacefully give up the injured navi to Musou so that they might continue with negotiations
"Alright," the navi said. "You don't trust me near him while you do your thing, I'll move." He stepped back, moving along the edge of the roof until he was clearly out of the way of the injured navi.

"Really. I'm unarmed now, and I could just leave now and it wouldn't hurt me or my superiors at all," he said, though it wasn't specifically directed at either of them. "But you want to talk, so I'm letting you talk. I'm being way too nice here."
____

--Combatants--

--Non-Combatants--
Injured navi: 7 HP (Critical condition: -1 HP per round)

--Terrain--
80% Normal (Rooftop)

Musou hesitates for a moment, watching the strange navi but finally he moves over to stand over the fallen courier and kneels beside him, placing his hand on the unconsious navi. Ken transmits one of his only two Minienergy chips through Musou to the courier. Musou, for his part, makes sure there is a simple data connection open between them to ensure the transfer goes smoothly.

Once the minienergy transfers, if possible Ken tries to jack out the courier's navi through his PET, hopefully to give him a saver place to recover.

Following this sequence, Musou looks over to Rook. He was the one who wanted to negociate, and despite how much Ken or Jack wanted that data, it seems like a lost cause now. He figures he will let the big man talk.
Rook watches the mysterious navi step away from fron the injured navi. He starts to move towards the injured navi but notices that Musou has it under control so he turns his attention back to the Mysterious Navi. "I am not sure what you or your boss wants with some old data only really valuable to a collector, but it does seem to have some value to you. And as it also means something to my operator and my friends operator here there has be something we can work out. I mean there was alot of data in that package and I am sure your boss doesnt need it all. And since what little money we have would be of no use to you maybe we can broker something else. As you can see me and my friend here are able fighters much like yourself. Maybe your boss has something me and my friend here might be able to do to get the data back.

Meanwhile Jack is trying to dig up some info on STAR FIELD SERVER. Checking any an all word combinations hoping to maybe get some clue as to the location of the server or the organization
bump
"You sure about that? You two don't look like much," the navi said. "I don't particularly know why the boss wants it either, but like I said, I'm just the deliveryman. If you want it that badly though, I can put you in touch with Stargazer and let you work it out with her."

He turned away again, speaking over a private line so that Rook and Musou couldn't listen in this time. Meanwhile, Jack's searches once again turned up nothing relevant. The words individually, as well as "Star Field" turn up plenty of completely unrelated results, but when searching the full phrase, absolutely nothing shows up. It was if the target of his search simply didn't exist.

"I thought I detected something," came a new, feminine voice. A spherical field of small lights appeared near the ice-wielding navi, all apparently aimed at one spot in the center. Out of the light stepped a slender female navi clad in a midnight blue bodysuit and helmet, with light skin, solid black eyes, and short, silvery hair. She reached behind her, turning off a large star projector on her back, and the lights vanished. Her gaze fell on the injured navi, just as it was jacked out. "As usual, you don't mess around. I'm surprised you didn't attack these two on sight."

She looked up again, facing Rook. "I'm told you wish to negotiate for a data package we recently acquired. I can return it to you, after I am finished analyzing the contents, provided that you acquire something for me in return.

Not far from here, there is an abandoned storage facility. Our records show that it has been infested with viruses for some time, and that most of what remains inside is now useless. However, there is one thing..."
The star projector mounted on her back turned on again. Stargazer's body was enveloped in a field of small lights once again. One of them, in front of her, expanded and took the shape of what appeared to be an off-colored green mystery data. As Rook and Musou watched, however, the mystery data broke apart into jagged pieces, rearranged itself, then put itself back together to look like a mystery data again. "It is an encrypted data package, much like the one you had hoped to acquire here. I was planning on sending 'Mr. Freezie Pop' here after it next, but if you would be willing to go in his stead I would be willing to return what you want when you get back. Our resources are spread rather thin, you see."

It seemed like a fair trade: a data package for a data package. What would Rook do?

____

--(Currently) Non-Combatants--
"Mr. Freezie Pop": 140 HP
Stargazer: 250 HP

Injured navi: (Jacked out)

--Terrain--
80% Normal (Rooftop)

>Combat has not begun<

((Okay, quick overview. If you accept Stargazer's offer, you'll be modlocked for the next few battles and it'll work essentially like a mission. Your actual battle 5 will happen when you arrive at the storage facility and anything following as you work your way through it. On the other hand, if you turn it down, this scenario will end, and unless you decide to attack Stargazer or Mr. Freezie Pop, they will leave and you will get a completely different battle 5.

Also, just as a warning, Stargazer is level 30. Attacking her is a very bad idea.))
Ken mumbles to Musou "Got him. And that new navi? The way she moves, the sheer over-confidence. Well, you get it right?" and the navi nods, saying in return "Roger", while thinking she is either a really good actor or a bad-ass. Likely she wouldn't have even showed up if she thought she was in any kind of danger.

Once more, the martial artist steps back by his partner and quietly waits for Rook's response.
Rook rubs his chin as he takes in the offer. [color=blue]"A trade of data... Sure sounds fair. Just a few things to work out before we head to the warhouse. First do you have any data on the number of viruses we might face once were inside. You see I like to know as much as i can before we assault the warhouse. and Second how will we contact you after we have secured the package for you." Rook has a very relax but calculating look about him as he begins running statistics of possible out comes of what could be in the warhouse.

(Sorry for the delayed response. Completely my fault life has just been hectic. We will except the mission to assult the warhouse for the data)
(Bump)
((Bump, please? ))
"Ain't gonna be much worse than what you normally find around here," 'Mr. Freezie Pop' said. "Maybe a few tougher ones here and there. Nothing you couldn't handle though, being 'able fighters' and all. Anyway, doesn't seem like I'm needed here anymore, so I'm out." The ice wielder vaulted over the wall marking off the roof of the building and disappeared over the edge.

"You don't contact us. I am aware of most things that occur in this area. I will find you when you are done. Good luck." Stargazer's body disappeared into the field of lights surrounding her. The mystery data-like object disappeared, while another light expanded, taking the shape of the very building they were standing on, then following a trail from the building to an old warehouse-like building, outlining the path to their target. Then, the lights faded and went out, taking Stargazer with them.
Musou scratched the back of his head as events transpired and the odd pair left. Ken copied and saved the lightshow, assuming it to be a map. "Got it Musou", he said. The navi nodded then looked to Rook, he shrugged and said "Well, lets get going. Feels like we've been standing around here forever."

The navi then headed to the side of the building, in the direction they were to be heading, and hopped off the roof, to land nimbly on his feet seconds later. He woudl wait a moment for Rook but otherwise just wanted to get going and get this over with.
Rook watches the light show and looks like he is about to say something as Ken responds after recording the show. Since it was taken care of Rook changes his mind on speaking and begin to look around the rooftop and off the side. " Its probably a spacial lag spike" Rook comments about it taking for ever. " No doubt its due to Jack poor internet connection. Even the wireless connect is slow around his building. Rook continues to grumble about the crappy connection as he finds the correct direction to set out on. " Well Musou it should get interesting from here on out. Lets stay close and try not to get split up like on the first floor. Rook then waves Musou over as if he intends on jumping over the edge to begin their journey to the warehouse in question.

(taking the liberties here of pushing us both along)

The pair head along to the direction pointed out. Demanded, requested, suggested? He had mixed emotions on the whole thing of doing someon else's bidding, especially since they may very well be breaking and entering or stealing to get this data, not to mention what defenders might legally be there. He shook his head and pressed on to the warehouse with Rook. Ken wanted it done and Jack needed his data. Hopefully two 'rights' would make up for whatever 'wrongs' needed to be done.