Rook's new Ally

Musou's grimace deepens as he watches Rook violate the Beetank with a slow and merciless death. Even Ken mumbles "I'm muting the PET for a bit, Musou...", as he imagines gurgles screams coming from the boiling virus. He hits the mute button and lowers the PET, not wanting to watch. He looks up from the bench he is sitting on and glances around, up and down the street. He notices that further down the shopping area, Yuki leading around from shop to shop while Gin carried all her things, obviously against his will.

The navi shakes his head and looks away. He covers his eyes as he walks away, unable to witness thi any longer. The smell of burning Beetank waifs up to his nostrils and he gives a quick "Urk" as he catches himself from throwing up. His head spun with the situation and he kept telling himself he was a warrior and battle was just his life. The viruses were wild and destructive, psychopaths... Right? He wasn't so sure as he moved away faster as the sound of another scream rung in his ears.

1 - Do nothing

2 - Movement (away from Rook and the Beetank)

3 - Movement (away from Rook and the Beetank)

Sig Absorb Data cooldown: 0 READY
Sig Stunning Blow cooldown: 0 READY
With grim resolves Rook maintains his hold with his left hand while he places his right hand on the beetanks shell. Closing his eyes he begins a silent prayer. As he prays plasma begins to form between his right hand and the bettank then pulses towards it. Rooks hand bumps away from the shell just alittle as the blast goes off. He continues His silent prayer as he pulses plasma into the beetank two more times. His composure remains firm as he performs his grim dead.

Jack pretends to check the area to keep from having to witness this grim death.

Summary
1. Continue the hold
2. Buster Shot 2dam
3. Buster Shot 2dam
4. Rapidfire (guts ability) Buster Shot 2dam

Cool Down
1. Cluster Missile - TCD0
2. Rampart Defense - Ready!
bump
As Rook held the the Beetank in place with his iron grip, harassing it with his buster, the Beetank began to turn for desperate measures as it was slowly dying from the lava. The moment the navi finished his buster barrage, it fired two bombs of its own and managed to get one to explode in Rook's face [-15], giving it the chance to make like a tree and get the **** out of the battle.

Kabutank A: DELETED
Kabutank B: DELETED
Kabutank C: DELETED
Beetank A: ESCAPED
Beetank B: DELETED
Beetank C: DELETED
Fishy: DELETED

Terrain:
70% Normal
20% Cracked (Various sections of the battlefield)
10% Broken (To the right. Also Near Beetanks)

Musou.EXE: 150 HP (Normal) [RageClaw: 3 uses left] (3 actions left)
Rook.EXE: 135 HP (Normal)

-BATTLE WON!-
Musou: [DashAttack] Battlechip + 200z + 3 FXP
Rook: [DoubleBomb] Battlechip + 600z + 3 FXPDashAttack
Damage: 90 + Impact + LineAttack(5)
Accuracy: C
Description: The user charges forward at a great speed to ram a line of enemies. Hits a maximum of 5 enemies before the momentum is lost.
Duration: Once
Element: Null
Special: Direction of travel may be altered with chip, terrain, and sig use.
---
Doublebomb
Damage: 30 + Blast 2 x 2 Bombs
Accuracy: D
Description: Throws two bombs with a wide range blast at an enemy.
Duration: Once
Element: Null
Musou glances back, hearing the explosion and seeing the Beetank flee.. Somehow? He shakes his head and thinks; that thing has suffered enough, virus or not. Despite him making distance he still notices some chip data and zenni left over, must have been blown everywhere, he figures.

The navi waves a few moments in the air and finally Ken unmutes the PET and says "Alright, I'm here. Good job Musou." Musou looks down, still a bit ashamed he let that happen but it's not like he was going to dive into lava to save a virus who attacked him. In the end he was just a warrior, he guessed and not some kind of saint or hero.. He wondered if a hero have tried to do what was right or at least tried to finish the thing off quickly? Similar thoughts went through Ken's head, as he didn't say anything either.. He slides a blank chip into his PET and copies over the new data. He takes it out and glances down at it.. "DashAttack huh?" he says, suddenly, trying to change the subject.

Eager to change the subject a well, Musou nods and says "That should come in handy, finally a chip that will let me add a bit of mobility." Ken nods and mumbles "Doesn't hurt that it's our most powerful chip to date, eh?" the nave grins half-heartedly. Sooner or later though he looks back to Rook, wondering idly if words of praise or damnation are going to sail through the air now.

Got battlechip DashAttack, 200z
Rook is abit shocked as the bomb hits him causing him to lopse his grip on the beetank. By the time he recovers the beetank had already surfaced and bolted away. "The Maker must have wished for that one to spend abit more time corrupted. He must not have been ready to be cleansed." Rook says as he shakes his head. Noticing the bits of data left over from the fight Rook collects his share of it. "Hmmmm Double bomb must be what the Virus was using against me." Rook begins to upload the data to his PET.

Jack notices that the PET is receiving data and turns his attention to it. "Not bad this chip could be very useful" Jack completes the transfer of the chip as he continue to scan the area.

"Not a bad encounter eh there..." Rook looks around seeing Musou off in the distance alittle. He moves over to Musou while looking over the area. " Hey what did you get I got this Double Bomb I think it will be greaqt addition to my aresenel."

Got Double Bomb, 600z
Musou gives a bit of a sweatdrop at Rook's comments but just shakes his head in the end. "Dash Attack. No more running around to close distance in the beginning of a fight. Zoom, bam!", he says with a chuckle.

The navi thinks for a moment then clears his throat and speaks up "Um, Rook? I think we should discuss your methods.. Strangeling a virus in a pit of lava untill it keels over is not only cruel but, as demonstrated in this case, can whip them into a frenzy to escape no matter what.." He continues on quickly to try and make his point "I had several options left to finish it, but not while it was submerged in lava or when my attacks might have hit you, due to your grapple.. I mean, you were in a very enclosed space with something known to fire off area-explosives. Is it any wonder you got caught in it's blast? It couldn't miss."

He pauses, waiting to see his fellow navi's reactions, though a part of him is getting prepared, just in case Rook's zeal whips him into a homicidal rage at being criticized.
Rook thinks for a moment then says "Well each person has his own way. For a follower of the maker I do as he wills. Nothing cleanses code like fire, and in a religious sense baptism in fire is not only civil but also more respectful then mercilessly slaughtering virus just for spot or zenny. I do the makers will no matter what he asks of me that is why I fight viruses. Why Musou do you fight viruses, is it to advance your skills, maybe to be able to afford the next upgrade. Either way the reason you fight viruses determine what kinda of Navi you really are. So I will continue to do the makers will, but the maker also wishes for friendship among people. With this in mind I will seek alternative ways of doing the makers will thgat is more acceptable for you. But ask yourself this why do you fight" Rook then turns and begins to walk towards their destination
Musou scratches his chin, caught a bit off guard by that one. Why did he fight? Was it in his nature? Fighting viruses was one of the primary purposes of navis after all, and all the different kinds of battlechips out there just proved it. He walked silently for a bit then finally said "I fight for myself and for my sensei. Part of it is simply that I'm a warrior navi and part of me craves battle and another part is it's simply my design to fight against things that would bring harm to the world and my operator."

Ken listens idly, curious himself what the navi's motives were for the way he does things. He had always wondered if it was simple bloodlust or the purpose for his existance, a sort of 'I fight therefore I am' thing?

Musou shakes his head and adds "But it's not just that, it's not battle that defines me, makes me what I am.. Bottom line is I'm my sensei's student and partner and it's his will that we battle to make me stronger and gather experience about the world, the net, and battle in general. He wants to save the world as an operative of the Netpolice or even an Official, and I fight for that dream." He shrugs and comments "Honestly, I could do without battle. Sure it can be exciting but it also can bring pain and worry from my friends and sensei. Some might say it's a test of who and what we really are but to me it's just an unfortunate side effect of trying to make the world a better place." He nods as he comes to a realization and says "I know Ken would get in here and fight if he could but he can't. And I know if the fight were in his world then all I could do is support him and give advice as he battles. More then for just Ken though, I fight for those who can't, or wont. So they won't have to."

Ken smiles as he thinks that one over.. Nobody programmed Musou to be like that, he came up with it on his own. To him it just confirms that, like he thought all along, navis are no different from humans. Sure there is data instead of flesh but thats all.

[Requesting battle 3]
"Interesting answer, but in the end we all do the makers will" Rook says as he continues to walk. Rook starts to fill uneasy for some reason. Looking around the area Rook feels as if something just isnt right in the net. "Musou becareful" Rook says as he stops to make sure musou is still close. "Jack going to need some scans of the area I think something is wrong with this section." Rooks voice booms out of the PET next to Jack.

"Already on it Rook. Going to take alittle time there is some interference so just keep your wits about you." Jack say as his fingers are flying over keyboard checking code and scanning the area.

[Requesting Battle 3)
(BUMP)
(Bump)
While in the middle of discussing their motivations, Rook and Musou realized that the area they had been trekking across now looked much more run-down. It wasn't until they saw several missing panels suddenly rise up with turrets in tow that they realized they were in an unfavorable spot. A trio of Melody viruses jumped over the row of CannonDumbs to rest in front of them as Musou and Rook took note of the thin strip of solid ground they had to work with without moving over damaged terrain. A PulseBat let out a screech from above a moment later, leaving the pair of Navis with a fair number of viruses to face.

Melody A: 80HP (Front)
Melody B: 80HP (Front)
Melody C: 80HP (Front)
CanoDumb A: 50HP
CanoDumb B: 50HP
CanoDumb C: 50HP
PulseBat: 80HP [High Altitude]

Terrain:
50% Normal (Straight path through damaged terrain)
50% Cracked (25% on either side of Normal)

Musou.EXE: 150 HP
Rook.EXE: 135 HP

Team Battle 3 Start!
Musou looks ahead of him, seeing the cannons and some strange new type of virus hes never seen before.. "Awareness Musou, theres one above you." Ken says as the navi looks up.. A part of him, shrinking lately, wants there to be nothing there and prove Ken wrong but of course Mr '3rd person view' isn't. He takes note quickly of the pulsebat, another new opponent for him, and makes a quick judgement, given his partner has a missle rack and he doesn't. "Ken, pass me that new chip. I really want to try it out." he says with a grin, as Ken slides in the DashAttack, commenting "Go get 'em."

Musou grins wickedly as the chip's data fills his mind and he quickly calculates the best use of it. He takes a deep breath, closes his eyes for a moment and when he opens them he calmly lines up the foes in his mind, taking their movements into account.. The cannons cant move so they are an easy target but the Melodys though.. He can't risk giving them time to demonstrate their power. After lining up his foes he leaps forward, into the air. A flash of light appears behind him and a pair of green wings, like those off of a Fishy virus appear on his back. The beat a single powerfull stroke and hug his back, just the tips extended to the sides for stabalization as he careens forward in what is almost a blur. Firing himself like a cannonball at one of the Canodumbs, and if he is lucky, striking one or more Melody's beforehand. Upon landing behind his Canodumb of choice, the wings fade and he turns to face whatever is left, now behind them. Knowing he is in the midst of his foes, he keeps on his toes, making sure to track the Pulsebat out of the corner of his eye as well.

1 - Aim: Try to line up 1 or more Melodys with a Canodumb (aiming for the best angle, not sure what viruses that constitutes.)

2 - Battlechip: DashAttack @ aforementioned canodumb with melody(s) hopefully. (90+Impact+LineAttack5)

3 - Dodge
((Allowing +2 FXP for Rook and Musou's between battle interactions so far by request))
"The enemies are under you! Their coming from the floors watchout!" Jack shouts as his scan is abit late picking up the viruses.

" Alittle late there Jack might want to spend alittle of that money you have on a new computer" Rook comments as he takes note of all the enemies.

"What and throw out this one. Its an ANTIQUE!" Jack says abit flabbergasted at the thought of getting a new computer

"Keep your shirt on Jack we will talk more on that later right now we need to be dealing with the viruses." Rook says as he notices the change in Jack's voice.

"Ok Ok! I got it sending you a few chips use them to take out the air unit then we can focus on their ground units. We definitly dont want a two front fight. I mean many times in history leaders have watched their armies falter to less numbers when flanked or ambushed. I mean..." Jack continues to ramble on about the strategies of old and tip and tricks around them. Rook on the other hand stopped listening after getting his chip data and seeing Musou launch into an attack on the Cannon.

Rook focused his attention on the pulsebat. His missile pods having transformed; one into a smooth grey barrel of a cannon, and the other into a green cylender with what appears to be leaves all around it. "Ok gotta line this up right ..." Rook mumbles alittle to himself as he watches the pulse bat. Timing the bob and sway of the pulsebats natural flight pattern Rook tries to aim his shots to cetch the pulsebat in its flightpath. A loud ripping noise can be heard as the cornshot is shucked from its leafy surroundings and sent hurling towards the Pulsebat. Right after the Cornshot goes off aloud bang is heard as Rook fires his cannon off as well. As the Corn shot travels through the air it begins to shake and pop as kernels of corn begin poping. Its destination uneffected by the poping kernel it is unkown if the popping of the kernels may cause the shot to rebound off the Pulsebat and send it hurling towards one of the canodumb as well.

Summary
1. Take aim
2. Cornshot2 60dam +trickshot +spread (pulsebat/canodumb)
3. Cannon 40dam +knockback (pulsebat)

Cool Down
1. Cluster Missile - Ready!
2. Rampart Defense - Ready!
With the viruses arranged as they were, Musou found a way to make the situation backfire on them. Using DashAttack, he tore through the row of viruses and took both a Melody and a CanoDumb with him on the way. On landing, he dove out of the way as one of the CanoDumbs had turned around and fired at him. Rook tried to attack the PulseBat high above them, but the virus had more than enough time to get out of the way before the shots came close. While he was watching the shots, the last CanoDumb locked onto him and fired, doing some damage (20).

After successfully evading Rook's attack, the PulseBat came down from its vantage point above the battlefield and would now be much easier to hit. The Melody viruses hopped up and down restlessly, probably preparing to attack.

Melody A: DELETED
Melody B: 80HP (Front)
Melody C: 80HP (Front)
CanoDumb A: DELETED
CanoDumb B: 50HP (Aimed back at Musou)
CanoDumb C: 50HP
PulseBat: 80HP

Terrain:
50% Normal (Straight path through damaged terrain)
50% Cracked (25% on either side of Normal)

Musou.EXE: 150 HP (Behind viruses)
Rook.EXE: 115 HP
Judging the situation quickly, Ken slides in a battlechip for support. Even as the data reaches his mind, Musou grins as wild energy begins to build up through his body. Golden energy jumps over his body in tendrils like lightning as he reaches out at the CanoDumb before him. He fires a scatterburst of golden chi from his left hand forward into the virus, which he hopes is close enough and virtually immobile. Odly enough, he seems to hold back the gathering chi..

Ken barely pauses before sliding in another chip for his navi. "Trying to finish this fight fast, right Ken?", Musou says as he raises his right hand, a ball of concentrated energy built. Juking to the side (if the canodumb is still there) if needed to get a clear line of sight, he fires the blast with his stored energy and a loud "Keeeyaaahhh!" as tendrils of energy leap from it rapidly through the air and to the ground as it travels.

1 - Activate Sig Inner Might (40Strengthen)

2 - Use Battlechip Shotgun (50+Spread1) @ CanoDumb B (would be nice to hit something else too but not trying for it)

3 - Use Battlechip Cannon (40+Knockback) + 40Strengthen @ Melody B

Sig Inner Might cooldown: 1
"What you missed how could you have missed!" Jack exclaims as he watches the fight unfold in front of him. Jack seems to be abit rattled still from mention of replacing an antique.

" It would seem that the distance between myself and the enemy was to great. I will keep that in mind for next time." Rook calmly replies as he watches Musou desimate afew of the viruses. "Well I cant just sit here and gawk" Rook says as he begins running at an angel towards the pulse bat which had come closer to the ground. " Send me Golf and Sierra" Rook say to jack as slightly adjusts his course. As Rook is running he is trying to line up the bat and a Canodumb. Closing in on a good location Rook uses Guard1 chip which transform his left bracer into a full size shield which he positions between himself and the pulsebat. At the same time the Shotgun chip data completes it download and Rooks right missile pod now resemble a smooth bore shogun barrel complete with rosewood pump handle. Finally reaching his chosen spot he fire the shotgun sending the blast towards the Pulsebat and hopefully a canobumb behind it.

Summary
1. move into location positioning placing canobumb c behind the pulsebat
2. Using Guard1 chip (1 Hit Shield) + (Reflect(up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack): On Hit)
3. using Shotgun chip 50dam +spread Pulsebat

Cool Down 1. Cluster Missile - Ready! 2. Rampart Defense - Ready!
(BUMP)