Rook's new Ally

The net was quiet. Everything was moving smoothly. Programs could be seen move to and fro as they did their task. Everything was as it should be as Rook began to jack in. As was he normal custom Rook's jack in appeared as falling rocks slowly fusing together to form the giant navi. "Seriously Jack with all the money you have you can afford to buy a better internet or at least use the wireless feature on my PET." Rook said alittle disgruntled with how long it takes to jack in.

"Why would I do that old fation lane lines are the true way to log in. I mean my connection is antique. People have been using the tried and true method of dial up for centuries." Jack said with spark of enjoyment in his voice.

"Exactly my point it is old and opsolete you need to upgrade it." Rook commented as he takes in his surroundings. "Looks just like it did the first time, but something doesnt feel right. Are you sure this is a secure line?"

"That is what i was told by the collector but I am scanning the area and it is definitly not secure" Jack says as he uses his computer to scan the network for viruses.

"Well I handled those viruses easily last time I shouldnt have any problem this time with you around to give me chips." Rook says with a bit of sarcasm in his voice.

"Actually not only do you have me but I was able to get you some help from another navi. He should be jacking in soon. I hear the operator is a pretty skilled martial artist so his navi should be pretty impressive."

"Wait you mean I have to work with someone who isnt a servant of the code maker. Not sure how I feel about that I mean what if he shows sympathy for the viruses."

"Dont worry just relax it will be fine. I have it all planned out." Jacck says as he awaits for kenji's navi to arrive.
Musou flew through the net quickly, speeding to the meeting place. He grinned a bit as he remembered how excited Ken had been to start this mission. He had literally walked outside Jack's store, sat on a bench, and held up his PET to connect to the closest port. Unfastening the small clasp on the pocket of his PET holster, he had exposed his battlechips like some cowboy ready for a shoot-off.

Only having a few moments to appriciate the datastream flying around him like some kind of hyperspace or wormhole travel, Musou abruptly makes it to the destination. He appears in a flash of light, which within less than a second takes shape into the gi-wearing navi. As the white flash clears his vision and his eyes adjust, the neon blue orbs look around quickly. He has learned from his adventures in SciLab to expect ambush the moment he arrives. And on top of that a mysterious partner?

He looks up at Rook quickly attuning his senses to the area and realises they are alone for the moment. Which can mean only one of two things, either the big navi is here to ambush him or Rook IS his partner. He isn't terribly pleased at either possibility and he raises his fists in a battle stance while he waits for the big navi to make the first move.
As Rook stands there waiting he sees a flash of light. Rook uses his large hands and arms to shield his face from the light. As it passes Rook looks to see who might have just jacked in. As he takes in the navi materializing his feature turn stern. Rook sees the young navi who he felt was being careless with the staff in the store. "Jack please tell me this young navi isn't my partner." Rook says as he seems only barely take note that the navi had entered a combat stance.

"Sure is! And dont judge him by his appearence. Like I said his operator is an excellent martial artist. I am sure he will surprise you." Jack says as he continues to surveies the area.

"All right Ill give him a chance I mean what harm could come of it. Maybe he will surprise me." Rook says as he finally ackowledges the navi's presence. "Musou wasn't it, from the shop?" Rook says as he tries to fully remember the navi's name. Rook slowly walks over to the smaller navi and extends a hand as if to shake hands. "Maybe we got off to a wrong start I am looking forward to seeing what you've got."

"Well that is going to be sooner then you think as you two have company incoming." Jack shouts as he notices viruses coming towards the two.

(Request Battle 1)
Musou frowns a bit at the big navi's response. Sure some of the hostility is just due to his own hostility but.. Eh, Musou is a teenage navi afterall and while he may have most of the net at his fingertips, he isn't the most socially adept (like his operator) and besides, hes right damnit!

A viewscreen appears beside Musou, showing Kenji. He clears his throat and says "Musou, relax partner. We are doing this for documents on Officials. I mean it beats me if anything will be useful in the end but it's my best shot." The navi crosses his arms and glances at the screen. He grumbles back "You mean 'I' am doing this for 'you'. I don't see much 'we' when I am the one with my neck on the line, I'm being paired up with a walking castle, and I'm not getting anything out of this."

Ken smirks and says "Nothing? I thought you liked fighting. Theres action, adventure and rewards for every fight won. And I'm here with the chips, advice and extra set of eyes. Not to mention I'm your Sensei so show some respect. If everything goes well we can do a mission or task just for you next. Whatever you want." The navi grins sheepishly "Yes Sensei..", and starts to wonder at what he could do when this task is over.

When Rook walks over and extends a hand, Musou looks up at him and grins. "Thats more like it", he says as he clasps it firmly. Well, Rook is huge compared to him and strong to boot but Musou has an unusual amount of power behind his grip. Must have something to do with him being a melee subtype?

[We are going for our own objective but it will just be roleplayed in at some point, unless mods want to toss in a bit of mission-esque flavor for us? Requesting Battle 1]
Indeed, just as Rook's Operator had said, there were a small group of viruses headed their way. Well, as small as Rook would say, anyway. Three Bunnies accompanied three Metools in a not-so-small game, waiting for a chance to rock some faces. Or not, depends.

-- ENEMIES --
Metool A: 40 HP
Metool B: 40 HP
Metool C: 40 HP
Bunny A: 50 HP
Bunny B: 50 HP
Bunny C: 50 HP

-- ALLIES --
Musou.EXE: 150 HP
Rook.EXE: 150 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- TEAM BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
Rook is impressed by the firmness of Musou's grp. But this is short lived as the viruses close in. "Alright time to get down to business. These viruses must be cleansed. Any suggestions Jack?" Rook says as he takes a step back from Mosou.

"Actually I do!" Jack says firmly as he opens his chip case. Pulling out two he quickly slots them into his PET. "Battle Plan bravo charlie subroutine sierra charlie." jack stats flatly

"Ah yes that will do nicely in cleansing these viruses" Rook says as the chip data in deing uploaded. Just as the data finishes Rook's two Missile pods begin reshaping themselves. While they are changing Rook begins to run towards the Bunnies angling himself so that he is lining up Bunny A and Bunny B so that the one is behind the other. Rook's feet make loud bangs as each one hits the ground. During his thunderous charge the right pods completes its change and now looks like a smooth barrel cannon with a small wood stock hand grip like sleeve around it. The other completes it transformation and look like a double barrel cannon.

Finally in position Rook shouts " Know that only The Code Maker may grant you peace. I his servant send you to him." Then He lets loosing firing both shoulder weapons. The wooden stock on the right cannon shift back slightly before moving forward to its orginal position and there is a click noise as shell fires towards the foremost Bunny. The double barrel cannon Fires a second later as Rook pivots to line up his second shot towards the Metools. As the the dual shells fly the slightly bumb against each other. This has no effect on one of the shells which continues on its path,but this impact sends the second shell towards a diferent target.

Summary
1. Move into position so that bunny B is behind bunny A
2. Fire Shotgun 50dam +chance to hits target behind at Bunny A
3. Fire Cornshot2 60dam +trickshot(chance to hit another target) at Mettol B

Cool Down
1. Cluster Missile - Ready!
2. Rampart Defense - Ready!
Musou looks at the approaching viruses. His face goes pale when he sees the Bunnys. The Metools are a mere afterthought. He speaks up "Whatever you do, don't simply injure the bunnies. Take them out in a single blow or don't shoot them at all. They go into some super dodging ballistic hyper mode when they get hurt enough."

Of course as he speaks, blasts and whatnot are already on their way. Is that.. Corn? So blasts and Corn are covering his foes... He decides to buildup energy in his body, preparing for a strike and wait for the smoke to clear to see if anything remains. He tries to stay on his toes, just in case a shockwave or zapring comes his way but amid the destruction it seems hard to pick a single point to focus his defenses.

1 - Activate Sig: Inner Might (40Strengthen, 1TCD)

2 - [Turn Splice]

3 -

Sig Inner Might cooldown: 1
(bump)
Beginning the battle with a little strategy, Rook immediately ran to get a better angle on the Bunnies. Once he did, he fired his shotgun at the electric viruses and managed to take both his targets out in one shot. Meanwhile, Musou remained somewhat docile as he watched his partner battle. Rook's second attack collided with his intended target, but the second shot bounced away and failed to hit anything else.

-- ENEMIES --
Metool B: DELETED
Bunny A: DELETED
Bunny B: DELETED
Bunny C: 50 HP

-- ALLIES --
Musou.EXE: 150 HP (40 Strengthen, 2 actions left)
Rook.EXE: 150 HP (0 actions left)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
Seeing the dust and.. corn.. clear and some of the viruses still left, Musou smirks and begins his assault. "You know the drill, get em Musou", Ken says. As chip data begins flowing into the navi's mind, his hands and fingers are replaced by wicked foot-long claws. He flicks them together a moment, making the sliding sound of razor sharp metal on metal. With a few sparks rolling off the blades and a few loose golden tendrils of energy leaping around his body, he dashes in a blur at the last Bunny. A portion of the golden energy flies down his arm and into one of the claws as he swings again and again if need be at the virus. Despite his efforts to remain calm, he developed a distinct dislike for these things in his last battle. If he has it his way, no Bunny will ever get the chance to power up again. No, he will show them power, fueling their swift end.

1 -

2 - Battlechip: Rageclaw (40+Slashing) + 10 Strengthen + Bash @ BunnyC

3 - Rageclaw + 10 Strengthen @ BunnyC (even if it's dead, but meant to be just in case it's not)

Sig Inner Might cooldow: 1 (still)
Musou's hands turned to savage claws as he tore the Bunny apart to pieces, raking it in half on his first try. As such, he withdrew from the field, not using another swing of his chip data.

-- ENEMIES --
Bunny C: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
Musou.EXE: 150 HP (RageClaw 5/6)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
[3rd action skipped then, go Gyro]
Rook slides to a halt as his shots land home. Smoke rises from the two cannon like shoulder mounts as they quickly revert back into missile pods. "Excellent strategy Jack, very effective." Rook says as he watches his partner dispatch the last bunny. "Impressive Mosou, you passion rivals mine it would seem when cleansing viruses. I see two left and as a humble servant of the code maker I shall share in the cleansing." Rook says as he turns towards one of the metools. "Ok jack whats the strat for this one?"

"Its a simple clean up job we will finish with a charlie delta." Jack says confidently.
He then slots in two more chips into his PET.

As the data is being processed Rook focuses on his target. He watchs it movement looking for a weakness. Once the chips are fully downloaded Rook's left arm plate goes through a few changes. First it increases in size so that it is more like a riot shield then an arm bracer. secondly the gem in the center begins to glow fiercely. Finaly Rook slides the shield in front of him. Then Rook's right missile pods quickly changes into a long smooth bore cannon.

"Hear the thunder and see the lightning of remdemption." Shouts Rook as he fire the cannon at the metool. The cannon's thundereous bellow echos through the area as the shell speeds to its target.

Summary
1. Focus target to increase hit (Metool C)
2. Use Guard 1 Chip
3. Use Cannon Chip at (Metool C)

Cool Downs
1. Cluster Missile - Ready
2. Rampart Defense - Ready
Musou finishes tearing the poor Bunny appart savagly and stands there for a moment, perhaps too long, looking around with apprehension. Had it escaped? Did it jump behind him.. No.. It seemed to be gone. Stupid Bunny. He looks over to Rook after the unusual comments and raises an eyebrow "Clensing? Code maker? Er, l-lightning of redemption?" he says as he gawks. Great, he was apparently paired with some kind of lunatic or a fanatic. Maybe if the whole clensing thing fit his motief he would pass it off as an eccentric owner but a walking castle, chesspiece... thing. Rook didn't seem quite right.. A fanatic knight? Crusader? Zealot? Templar?

He shakes his head and dashes in at the last Metool. "No point drawing this on any further, Hiiiyyaaaahh-YAH-YAH!" he yells as he lays into the virus over and over, expending what was left of his charged energy along the way, golden tendrils jumping around them both like lightning, some traveling down his legs and vanishing into the ground and others traveling passing on through the Metool harmlessly.

1 - Rageclaw @ MetoolA (40+Slashing) +20Strengthen + Bash

2 - Rageclaw @ MetoolA (40+Slashing)

3 - Rageclaw @ MetoolA (40+Slashing)

Sig Inner Might cooldown: 0 READY
Starting off the closing act of the battle, Rook picked his target and equipped both a shield and a Cannon. As Musou watched, he fired the weapon and eliminated the Metool in one shot. Just as quickly, Musou charged the other Met and laid into it with a RageClaw combo, finishing it off.

-- ENEMIES --
Metool A: DELETED
Metool C: DELETED
Bunny C: DELETED

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

Team Battle 1 Complete!

-- ALLIES --
Musou.EXE: 150 HP

Rewards:
Musou: Guard1, 400z, 1FXP
Rook: ZapRing1, 400z, 1FXP

Musou reverts his hands and looks over the battlefield. Seems quiet.. He collects his share of the chip data and cash. Ken slips a blank chip into his PET and shortly after slides out their new Guard1, looking over the picture that has appeared on it. "Good job Musou. Made short work of them." he says. The navi smirks a bit and says "Save the complaments for later, this fight was nothing. Metools and Bunnys? I don't recall them even attacking once." Ken shakes his head and says "And let that be a lesson to you. If you are unable to correctly judge your own abilities and those of your foes you will be torn appart sooner or later."

Musou bites his bottom lip and thinks hard on what Ken had said. "I'll keep that in mind Sensei", he says calmly.
Rook collect the zenny and uploads the zapring1 chip data to his pet where Jack is taking care of his side of things. "Seems your tactics made short work of those viruses." Rook commented looking around the battlefield.
"Of course they did, but I am sad that they never attacked. I mean how am I too collect data on them for future fights if they never attack." Jack says as he finishes the chip data upload. Turning to Mosou Rook comments "Your conviction to cleansing viruses is commendable. But one should never let their passion take over. It clouds the mind and hinders ones reaction time." Rook then walks over to Mosou and claps him on the back while chuckling. "But I think we are going to make a great pair and in time you will definitly be a formitable warror. Now we should get moving we can continue to talk on the way." With that Rook gets back on track heading towards their destination.
Musou stumbles forward a bit from the 'pat' on the back from the huge navi. He gives Rook an annoyed look and says "I have experience with those viruses before. My 'passion' was warrented. And I got the job done without the preaching and calling on divine punishment." Musou sees Rook moving on and follows along behind him a bit, he says out "Sensei, isn't there a quote or something that says 'judge not lest ye be judged' huh?"

Ken clears his throat and says "Musou. Theres also a simple quote that says 'to each his own'. You know a lot of us here in Electopia follow a mix of religion and philosophy for the betterment of our lives. On top of this, we as martial artists add the philosophy of karate-do and the way of the warrior." The navi glances back at the viewscreen floating behind him, at Ken, and says "I'm not sure I get the whole religion thing, but after all our training I think I understand our philosophies."

Ken shakes his head "It takes a lifetime, Musou. Someone who is strong who uses their strength only to harm others is a honorless thug. The way of the warrior is more about living your life in a certain way and aspiring to act in a certain way then it is understanding. I mean, if I spend time studying math then on a test for one reason or another write down a wrong answer I'm still wrong. Telling the teacher I've studied for long hours and practiced doesn't change the fact that I chose wrong when the time came to put my training to work."

The navi gives a 'hmmm' as he keeps walking.. He says "Sensei, who was that guy you were telling me about? That warrior from long long ago? You had a couple good quotes.." Ken sighs "It's Miyamoto Musashi and they are more then just quotes. You would do well to learn from him. The one I think is most relevant here though is 'In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit'." Musou scratches the back of his head and mumbles "I get part of it I think, but.. Don't let the enemy see my spirit? What about all the training to channel chi and bring my spirit to the front?"

Ken nods and says "Yep. Look at it this way, training from white belt to black belt you learned stances, katas and basic techniques. From black belt on you learn to hone those and expand upon them, adding simple yet effective adjustments and devoting them to muscle memory. The basics are important." Musou thinks for a moment and says "Uhh so.. I learned to do them flashy and loud because thats the easiest way to learn them? Aww I had hoped we would develop some moves like in mangas.." Ken smirks and comments "Musou, your a real fighter, not some cartoon. In your fights if you do anything long and telegraphed your foes will see it coming from a mile away and if they don't stop you they will simply avoid. Sooner or later your going to stop fighting simple-minded viruses and have to find ways to mix things up to win." Musou pouts and mumbled "Sensei, I don't stand and scream out my moves' names or anything.. Give me some credit.." Ken chuckles "Oh my fault. You didn't spend your first fight powering up over and over and over then striking once. Per virus." The navi grumbles "Touche" and walks on..
"Your Sensei is wise beyond his years. You are lucky to have a Sensei that devoted to your growth and enlightenment. I have seen many navi in my time that didnt receive that kinda of guidence." Rook says after he over hears Mosou and Kenji's conversation. "Your operator interests me. I think I would like to pick his mind another time when we dont have matters to attend to. But enough on that I would like to get to know you more. I would say that you are a fairly new Navi from watching you. But I would also say that your conviction to your training has been great and has brought you far. Me I am pretty old. Older then my operator, well my core data is anyways. You see I wasnt always a navi. My operator Jack actually used a virus data core to create me. Jack tells me I used to be a metool and that from my data I must have been a metool for along time. It is for this reason that I serve the Code Maker's will to cleanse viruses so that their data can rejoin the net and that maybe someday they too can be reborn." Rook says as he continues to walk. The landscape quickly passing by Rook stops for a moment and turns to mosou. "We all follow a path in life both the living and those created of data. Surrounding that path is chaos threatening to bring us all into its sway. When we are weak and lose control we stray from our path and chaos steals abit of ourselves. As a person loses themselves they eventually give themselves totally to chaos. A human who loses themselves becomes corrupt and does evil things. A Program that loses itself becomes a virus. Even the strongest and most devote navi can stray enough from the path for chaos to claim it. Your operators wisdom will keep you on your path and I will keep chaos from taking you while we journey together. And you never know maybe in finding your path in destiny mine might also be effected." Rook says smiling as he turns and continues walking towards their destination
Musou sputters "V-virus? You were a-" he tries to maintain some composure. He thinks for a moment as they walk. He wants to say 'no way' and 'impossible' but suddenly he realizes using a virus's data to write a navi sounds more plausable than a navi having inner chi and a soul. He holds his words and just says "Interesting.."
At the other revelations he just shrugs a bit and says "Not much else to me really. I came to be only about three months ago. Sensei trains me like a slave." he grins at Ken and adds "But I like hard training and can't argue with the results so it's ok." As they walk on they keep their eyes peeled for more hostilities.

[Requesting Battle 2]