Training The BeastOUT Within

The dirt road continued even after confronting the viruses, seemingly endless as the scenery was all the same: flat, snow covered grounds. When almost all hope was lost, there was a vague split in the road.

Left road was covered in snow, but very lightly compare to all the rest of the terrain as a few patches of dirt could be seen. The road on the right was the same dirt road...with what looked to be foot prints, a rather small one to be noted.

TennisMan was given these two choices...but there was always the third. Completely ignoring the given road and going out into the wild!

[[b]Choice[/b]: Left Road / Right Road / Wherever]
Pausing at the fork in the road, Tennisman contemplated which path to follow.

"Sooo... Which way?" Desmond asked.

"I say we head left." Deuce suggested, "Fewer people means less distractions."

Desmond had apparently not spotted the footprints, "What? There's people on the right side? Yo, go right! I wanna see who else is here!"

Trying to remember his purpose for coming here, Tennisman quickly unsummoned both his support programs for their sakes and trodded across the snow, marking his own path. He was here to train his BeastOUT and he was through playing around.

((Unsummon both SPs))
((Path: Wherever))
TennisMan decided to stray away from the given path and decide to be adventurous. Walking into the wide, limitless field of Sharo, the only sound he could hear was the screeching wind and the crunch of the snow.

*Sigh*

Before the road behind him fully disappeared from the horizon, Tennisman was already confronted by someone...The figure's shadows stretched as its back was against the bright moon, revealing it self to be a humanoid and began to speak towards Tennis.

"So you must be the most recent one..."

The navi's appearance was hidden due to the shine of the moon, and his voice was rather soft, unable to reach TennisMan completely. As he was talking, a sound of clicking was echoing throughout Sharo as the navi was using his wooden abacus.

"...In short, I'm here to evaluate your BeastOut."

The final sentence was the only thing that could reach TennisMan, but it was most vital part of his speech. The moon began to die down and finally revealed the mysterious navi. He was a rather tall one, approximately 6'8 or higher, and his white and red clothing was very exotic. The navi scratched his dark, messy hair with the end of his abacus and let out another sigh.

"Aker is my name, and I guess I can't go easy on you. One fuck up and you'll probably rip me to shreds..."

Aker held his dear abacus tightly to his chest and a snow owl flew from the sky and landed on his shoulder. His cape began to flutter against the Sharo's wind and he could only let out a small smile as the battle was about to begin.

Aker.EXE: 800 HP
Quis.SP: 90 HP

Terrain: 100% Snow

TennisMan.EXE: 490 HP

-BOSS BATTLE, START!-
Tennisman wasn't sure why there was someone out here practically waiting for him and he didn't like the look of the whole situation. If he could find out the reason behind this seemingly pre-arranged meeting, perhaps he could resolve this conflict before it started.

He held a defensive stance and called out to the strange navi, "Why are you challenging me? I have no reason to fight you."

If Aker was still intent on attacking, he was ready to evade to the best of his ability. However, he held a bit of hope that he could gleam some information from him before they were forced to fight.

"Man, you always do this." Desmond noted, "Why can't we just wipe the floor with him and MOVE ON."

Inside, he recognized this fault within himself and was only prepared to offer Aker a single chance to explain himself. Once that chance was expended, he would no longer hold himself back.

1 - Rally Defence + Reinforce (6-hit shield)
2 - Reflex Volley (80 HP barrier)
3 - dodge
4 - dodge
5 - dodge
6 - dodge
"Challenge? I said this was a evaluation, not a fight of some sort."

Aker looked down and continued clicking through his abacus. "I personally didn't want to take part of it. Like I said, I don't want you to rip me a new one."

After sliding one more bead upwards, a golden throne sprouted out from the ground and began to cover it self in defensive layers. Aker made himself comfortable on the throne as he crossed his legs, "But THEY'LL give me twenty more holes if I don't do this...*sigh*"

The navi began to scratch his owl's head as he tried to occupy more time. "Also, I'm interested if superior tactics can overcome raw power." Clicking and sliding his abacus, he summoned a Lock-On in front of him and commanded it to go up. "Your move."

Aker.EXE: 800 HP [On Throne]

Throne: 100 HP [2 Hit Shield / 30 HP Barrier / 30 HP Casing]
Lock-On: 80 HP [High Altitude]

TennisMan.EXE: 490 HP [6 Hit Shield / 80 HP Barrier]
Aker had taken the first offensive action, though that wasn't enough for Tennisman to initiate a counterattack just yet. He immediately deduced two things from the comment Aker had made about his superiors. One was that he had become the object of interest of one or possibly more individuals, and two, his acquisition of the beastOUT program was not a secret. As he passed a glance over his black costume, he realized that maybe having an alter ego wasn't such a bad idea. However, he had no idea how long he had been under surveillance and perhaps his identity had already been compromised.

"Alright, Tennisman, I don't do this often," Desmond said with a regretful tone, "But I ORDER you to go fight him."

A look of surprise came over Tennisman as he could only reply with, "What?"

"Look," Desmond started before breaking into a fast-paced rant, "He's just going to piss you off and then you're gonna defend yourself and that'll turn into a fight unless we just run but I don't wanna do that and I don't think you wanna do that either and it'd just be easier for everyone if you just beat the crap out of him and we could just MOOOVE ONNN."

Tennisman wasn't sure how to respond, but if it was important enough for his operator to give a direct order, he wasn't about to object. He erased all idle thought from his mind and began to plan his attack. The throne's defenses looked formidable but he could likely weaken it with an Ace Serve before assaulting Aker with something stronger. Seeing how smug he looked in his chair, he might not be prepared to deal with its defenses being rendered with a single attack. However, if he truly fancied himself a strategist, that possibility wouldn't have escaped the breadth of his plans.

Not willing to let Aker in on his own strategies, he privately requested his chips in advance, "Fightersword, Airstorm, Binder2."

"Alright! Here we go!" Desmond added with excitement.

With a flicker of his arm, Tennisman launched a quick volley of ninja stars at the chair before literally leaping into action with his sword drawn. It was practically harmless right up until the moment of his swing, when the sword chip activated. It magnified the length of the blade to magnificent proportions and gave it the strength to cleave through the summoned piece of furniture, along with the navi and his support program. Landing softly after his attack, he struck out his arm and called for his own support program to even the odds.

"Fifteen." Tennisman said, bringing the headband into battle for the first time.

With a single motion, he stretched the piece of cloth around his forehead, overlapping his own tennis ball emblem with the one stitched onto his accessory. A burst of speed overcame his body as he darted away from his position in a flash. It would be too much of a stretch to say that time moved slowly for him after equipping Fifteen, but each step seemed to propel him farther and his reflexes felt much improved.

He marked a path behind Aker and followed along as he prepared his own Airstorm. He had problems seeing where the owl had fled to leaving a question of whether it had been junctioned. If that were the case, he sought to end union with the vacuum effect of his attack. Sweeping his blade inward with a flicker of his arm, a strong funnel of air rapidly drew towards Tennisman. It was aimed directly at the owl though Aker would undoubtedly become affected as well if he were in proximity. Another flash of his sword sent a trio of tornados in Quis's direction, homing in the support program. Another few steps launched him towards Aker's blind spot again, this time in preparation to attack with his own summon.

A Hellody virus appeared before him and to the fast beat of its own little drum, sprung onto Aker with as much ferocity as it could muster with a body slam. It recovered and hopped again and again and made one final attack before disappearing into the digital aether from which it had spawned. Meanwhile, Tennisman took the time to grow more accustomed to the sudden speed boost.

1 - Ace Serve Aker (4 x 30 damage)
2 - FighterSword Aker, Quis, Throne (100 damage)
3 - Summon Fifteen.SP
Fifteen - Mobility Junction
4 - Dodge + Movement (enhanced effectiveness?)
* - Move behind Aker
5 - AirStorm Quis (3 x 50 damage + Pull)
* - Move behind Aker
6 - Binder2 Aker (4 x 80 damage + random)
TennisMan began the battle with the flurry of throwing stars, all hitting the throne's defense and leaving Aker wide open for an attack.

"Wind."

As if he was playing a calm game of chess, Aker was completely composed and summoned the wind with the click of his abacus. The powerful force of gust hit against TennisMan and began to push him further back, bringing a small smile on the tactician's face. "Stand your ground, my army." Sliding another bead on his abacus, legion of tiny snow soldiers rose from the ground and prepared their long bows. "Attack." Aker swung his finger down to signal the snow army AND the Lock-on to open fire, sending a relentless barrage of arrows and bullets down to TennisMan.

Fortunately, the defenses he prepared before the battle proved its worth as it deflected all the attacks...but it was obvious that he wouldn't be able to get out of the next attack so easily. TennisMan prepared his FighterSword, but due to the wind, he wasn't able to make the blade reach the open Aker and only cleaved the wind in half and decapitated a large amount of the tiny army.

"Flank."

The moment Fifteen was summoned and junctioned with his master, a giant worm bursted out from the blanket of snow and tried to sink its teeth onto TennisMan's back. But, again, the navi had one last layer of defense and swatted the the virus away before it had time to deal any real damage. "*Sigh*, you're very persistent..."

Aker flicked his finger forward and summoned a binder to attack, but it was no avail when TennisMan disappeared before the virus could even hit the ground. The navi appeared behind Aker, who was still sitting on his throne, and fired three miniature tornado. "Regenerate." His words brought back the throne's defense, but the best it could do was deflect two hits and withtake the last blow with its own body. TennisMan tried to back away before continuing his attack, only to be slugged by a metagel that rained above him and started to slow his movement. "Needler, move in." Aker tried to take advantage of this situation by placing a Needler near TennisMan and even made it reinforced with the help of his subtype ability. However, Aker seemed to underestimate TennisMan as the Binder started to wreak havoc all over the place by destroying the throne, damaging the nearby Needler, and even pounding Aker once.

Aker.EXE: 720 HP

Throne: DESTROYED
Lock-On: 80 HP [High Altitude]
Wind: DESTROYED
Army: 50 HP
Needler: 45 HP (+Masterwork) [Near TennisMan]

TennisMan.EXE: 400 HP [Defense Destroyed] [Slow]
Fifteen: 40 HP [Mobility]
After being doused by the thick gel, Tennisman found it difficult to move as quickly, even with Fifteen's help. From his position, he could see the Needler approaching him and the army of little archers preparing to fire another volley. He wanted so much to simply blast them both with a battlechip but realized this might turn into a battle of attrition. Aker looked as if he would take a lot of hits to bring down and since chips were his main source of offense, Tennisman wanted to save his attacks for the navi instead of squandering them with his various objects. With the aid of his support program, Tennisman forced himself into position, lining up the Needler between himself and the Army before pulling his arm back. Releasing the restraints on his internal limiters, Tennisman struck with all of his strength, swatting the flat of his blade against the beetle-shaped platform. He aimed to smash one object into the other as he planned out his next move.

"Netplay." He added in a calm tone, almost as if mocking Aker's own nonchalant attitude.

The wide tennis net popped up from the ground between himself and his opponent to block off straightforward attacks. As he looked to the sky at the Lock-On satellite, he knew it was going to be unavoidable to use some of his chips against Aker's various implements and requested an appropriate weapon to be used against it, "HiCannon."

His target was fairly high up but didn't seem to have moved much since it ascended there; it was much more focussed on trying to hit him. He recognized a six-shot pattern before its cooldown and waited for a clear shot. He didn't want to attack while under fire but couldn't afford to let his Netplay protect him forever. He drew in a sharp breath and discharged the weapon with a single shot, piercing the misty haze of the atmosphere with the round.

Still armed with the FighterSword, Tennisman rushed over what was left of his net and maneuvered into an optimal position before unleashing a second monstrous wave of his extended blade, trying to catch Aker and his pet owl in the swing as he had done before. Even while covered in the debilitating jelly, Tennisman was slowly regaining his mobility back as he tried to move to safety. The snow wasn't making it easy for him and he decided to solve that problem by converting a large chunk of the terrain to grass before continuing. Stabbing his blade to the floor, the snow quickly melted in a time lapse scene depicting the transition of winter to spring. Bits of green popped up through the white carpet until Tennisman was moving about on his custom tennis court. He felt defenseless but didn't want to bring out Deuce without knowing what Aker had up his sleeve. If he was a true tactician, his strongest attacks would be kept in reserve.

* - Move to align Needler with Army
1 - OUT! Needler into Army (microburst, 60 damage + impact + break)
2 - Netplay + Reinforce (3-hit shield + 20 HP object + heal 60)
3 - HiCannon Lock-On (80 damage)
* - Move into proper range to accomodate possible third target
4 - FighterSword Quis, Aker (100 damage)
* - Move away
5 - Court Change - Grass (1/3 - 2/3 grass terrain)
6 - Dodge + Movement (to reduce the effects of slow)
The Needler was flung against the Army, destroying both objects and a big load of worry off TennisMan's back. But as the navi was focusing his attention other place, Aker was able to move away and get into a safer position away from TennisMan. "...You're much capable of fighting against me without your BeastOut. This could only mean trouble for me."

As soon as TennisMan raised his defense, Aker pointed his abacus forward to cue the Lock-On to open fire. The net instantly shred into pieces, but still provided its healing property before going away. "Trample." The white-robed navi summoned a horde of mokos out from the ground and began run over anything in their way, including TennisMan.

Lock-On got shotdown.

The FighterSword cut the shit out of Aker, but Quis evaded on the last second with her crazy owl skill.

Aker summoned an AirRaid. TennisMan dodged a handful, but slow still got the best of him.

Aker.EXE: 620 HP

Lock-On: DESTROYED
Army: DESTROYED
Needler: DESTROYED
AirRaid: 100 HP [Flying low altitude] [Above TennisMan]

Terrain: 60% Snow, 40% Grass

TennisMan.EXE: 350 HP
Netplay: DESTROYED
Seeing the Fighterplane caused Tennisman to sigh as he knew it would cost him another one of his chips to get rid of it. He took in a breath and gauged the distance between himself and his target quickly. Fortunately, the plane looked as if it was flying just low enough for him to reach if he leapt with his arm extended - something like a jump serve. He braced himself and requested a suitable chip for the job, "Windracket."

Bringing his knees closer to the grass, he adjusted his trajectory to compensate for the object's movements. With a brief shout, Tennisman launched into the air like a rocket and swatted his blade in a wide arc over his head. Wind swirled viciously from the attack, creating a swathe of razor sharp wind shears and a concussive force that shot Tennisman right back down to the ground.

He landed hard in a similar crumpled position to his take off but took the time to recuperate and ready his defenses for a close range assault. He didn't want to plan too much ahead and give his opponent that same luxury. He simply dug his heels deeper into the grass and dirt before requesting another chip, "Katana and Windracket."

"Dude, you sure you don't want to bring out Deuce?" Desmond asked, not even bothering to question the splurge of Windracket chips as he slotted the second one in.

Tennisman added a quick, "No" before pressing off from his makeshift platform. Clods of dirt spraying into the air marked his disappearance while a burst of snow revealed his new position - behind Aker. His blade had already been enhanced by the Katana battlechip and he was quick to exeucte a pair of rapid slashes at the navi and his pet owl. There was one wide encompassing sweep and a long penetrating lunge merged into a single fluid motion.

"Why don't you just use your BeastOUT?" wondered Desmond, "He wants to see it, so I say you just waste him with it."

His navi didn't want to devote any part of his mental processes to answering his operator's random musings, but he already had the answer in his mind.

"It is too powerful for use against navis." Tennisman replied.

"That's it?" Desmond quipped.

Not willing to let up on his attacks, Tennisman closed the distance while trying to avoid directly engaging his opponent face to face. He was relentless, unleashing two more consecutive strikes at his target, weaving his weapon through the air swiftly.

While attacking, he retained enough mental capacity to add to his theory, "I also suspect he has appropriate counter-measures or would stand to somehow benefit from me complying to his request."

Desmond, slow to grasp the logic and partially dazzled by his navi's swordsmanship, only added a slow, "...Oh."

Tennisman had made the grass court with a purpose in mind and unless Aker was on it, that purpose would be lost. With another step to the side, Tennisman respositioned himself to keep his opponent between himself and the terrain. He quickly sent another wall of air blasting towards Aker with a wave of his arm.

* - High jump
1 - Windracket AirRaid (100 damage + microburst)
2 - Rally Defence + Reinforce (6-hit shield)
3 - Split Step behind Aker (teleport)
4 - Katana1 Aker (2 x 60 damage), Quis (60 damage)
* - Give chase
* - Strafe to the side
5 - Katana1 Aker (2 x 60 damage), Quis (60 damage)
* - Move to move Aker onto grass
6 - Windracket Aker, Quis (100 damage + Microburst)
(Sorry I couldn't mod you last night. I'm also in a hurry right now, so I have to make this quick. I apologize.)

The AirRaid gave its last shot before it was completely obliterated by the windracket, sending what was left of it far far away from the battlefield. (-40) Aker started to be more defensive, erecting a Candle in front of him and firing a Elecwasp towards TennisMan's direction. The virus chip was easily shrugged off with the navi's new line of defense and immediately began his assault as he teleported behind. Aker made the mistake of creating yet another wind towards the wrong direction and felt the full wrath of the Katana on his back. His SP also felt the cut, but it faithfully ignored its own wound and began to tend his master's.

TennisMan unleashed yet another slashing combo, but the tactician navi was surprisingly agile on his feet and dodged one of the two swings. With a single click, a sandworm rose from the snowy field and bore its jagged teeth onto its target's back, ignoring the defense TennisMan created entirely. (-80) By this time, Aker's breath was running short, but TennisMan had one more push as he blasted both Aker and Quis away with the Windracket, successfully sending Aker to the edge of the grass field.

Aker.EXE: 470 HP [Grass]
Quis.SP: 1 HP

AirRaid: DESTROYED
Candle2: 100 HP
Wind: 100 HP

Terrain: 60% Snow, 40% Grass

TennisMan.EXE: 230 HP [5-hit Shield]
Both navi and operator shared the same idea for what to do next as a chip was slotted in before Tennisman even needed to request it.

"Spice!" exclaimed Desmond.

Without skipping a beat, Tennisman sent the chip data into the floor, causing a thick cloud of spores to rise up from the grass. The Windbox dispersed the fumes slightly but not nearly enough to counter the speed at which the cloud was being generated. The yellow and purple haze drifted past Tennisman, completely unaffecting him though Aker and Quis would be fully susceptible to its hallucinogenic properties.

Glancing at the two objects that his opponent had summoned, Tennisman thought it best that he take them out before they turned into a real threat. Fortunately, they looked close enough to deal with using a single attack. Dashing behind the Wind and Candle, Tennisman requested another chip to demolish them both at the same time.

"Aurahead."

"Dude, you're wasting all your attacks on the crap he keeps bringing out!" Desmond noted.

Tennisman was aware of this but he also know he was successfully whittling away at Aker's health as they fought. He had taken more than his fair share of damage and he could only hope to outlast his enemy now. The Aurahead data charged in his free hand almost instantly, imbuing his consequent punch with the pained visage of a megalian that rushed towards Aker's creations.

"GO AFTER THE GUY!" Desmond shouted before adding, "New chip! DashAttack!"

Tennisman braced himself for a burst of speed judging from the name of the chip. Across the field, Aker looked somewhat distant and out of range. After interfacing with the DashAttack, Tennisman found very little had changed. He raced to get back to his opponent and found each step carrying him further than before. After five paces, the navi no longer needed to run as his bodied was being propelled in a rushing charge. With a swipe of his makeshift weapon, he had slipped past his target in the blink of an eye. He skidded, coming to a complete stop before backpedalling to strike again.

"Moonblade!" Tennisman cried out.

A quick cyclical slash passed around Tennisman's perimeter before he made another narrow escape, trying to stay on the move. As he reinforced his defenses, a Melody virus dropped down from above. Tennisman evaded it instinctively before realizing it wasn't from Aker. Desmond had apparently been slotting in chips on his own to provide some light cover for his navi.

1 - Spice1 (80 + confusion to-all on grass)
* - Move behind Wind
2 - AuraHead Wind, Candle2 (90 damage) x2
3 - DashAttack Aker, Quis (90 damage)
* - Move back into range
4 - Moonblade Aker, Quis (90 damage)
* - Move back out of range
5 - Binder1 Aker (4 x 60 damage)
* - Strafe around
6 - Reflex Volley (80 HP barrier)
Standing at odds, TennisMan began the battle again by letting loose with powerful spores across the grass. Doing so caught both Aker and his SP, who couldn't hold on anymore and was promptly ejected from the Net. Angered by this, Aker called for the Candle2 to attack and pointed... in the wrong direction. "You're going to regret that!" he shouted. The confusion caused by the Spice was taking effect. Unsure of its own actions, the Candle complied with the order and burned away some random grass.

Dodging around behind the Wind while Aker was distracted, TennisMan launched an AuraHead that tore through the two summoned viruses and left them as data particles floating in the light Sharo Net wind. He followed it up with a DashAttack, of which Aker was in no condition to avoid. TennisMan struck him square in the face, knocking him over and dealing massive damage. It only served to make him angrier, however. Jumping back up, he saw TennisMan coming and dodged the sports Navi's slash nimbly before conjuring a fierce looking Totem. The virus unleashed a wave of flame on TennisMan that was fended off without harm. Instinctively turning his head to find a second Totem, he avoided another incoming fire attack using his reflexes and his racket.

As TennisMan began evasive maneuvers, his operator backed him up with a bouncing Melody summoned through Binder1. The virus fell towards him, but he stepped to the side and batted it away with his abacus. "Nice try, but your little 'summon' is far from enough to faze me." Raising his own defenses, TennisMan and Aker once again stood facing each other.

Aker.EXE: 300 HP [Grass]
Quis.SP: EJO

Totem1A: 100HP
Totem1B: 100HP
Candle2: DESTROYED
Wind: DESTROYED

Terrain: 60% Snow, 35% Grass, 5% Soil

TennisMan.EXE: 230 HP [3-hit Shield] [80HP Barrier]
Tennisman sighed slightly at his Binder's failure but pressed on his offensive. He had two new objects to contend with now and he could only guess how many more he would have to deal with while he tried to take the Totems out. At least his folder was still stocked with his best attacks and he thought it was finally time to bring them out.

"Flameline2." Tennisman requested, darting off to line up his attack. The totems were immobile but Aker wasn't. If he wanted to catch the navi in his firewall, he'd have to strike fast. Once he saw an opening, he stomped his foot down and channeled the chip data through the floor and below his targets. Jets of fire burst from the floor, ungulfing snow and grass alike in a wide inferno. The flames were extinguished as quickly as they appeared, leaving scorch marks across the grass and a few steamy ice panels amidst the snow.

The navi had moved since his attack, try to keep from being marked by more of Aker's summons. As he distanced himself, he prepared for one of his stronger chip combinations. The time for holding back was at an end.

"Desmond," Tennisman addressed with fierce determination, "Remotebit and N.O.Beam."

"Dude. Yes." His operator added smugly.

The stumpy control tower appeared behind Tennisman, giving him access to the N.O.Beam by fulfilling its odd requirement. As the satellite dropped in from above and rained down a lightning bolt over his target, Tennisman breathed in and mentally prepared himself to unleash the attack. He activated the data and watched as an inverted, white avatar projected itself from his body and charged down towards Aker on an unstoppable warpath. He felt slightly winded but couldn't afford to rest; not yet.

"Magnum and two Kunais." Tennisman added.

Abandonning his Remotebit, Tennisman leapt straight up in a high jump and pointed his buster at the navi. Armed with the destructive Magnum round, Tennisman fired from his aerial vantage point. The ground exploded with shrapnel from broken panel bits as the shell punched through the terrain like paper. After landing, the navi was relentless with his pursuit, spraying one cluster of daggers at the summoner before running around and delivering another wave of bladed projectiles from a second angle. Fifteen's mobility boost was extremely helpful but Tennisman could tell his systems were being overclocked past their limits. He felt he had maybe one more minute before his endurance would completely give out and he needed to finish this battle before then. Until that time came, he would fight with everything he had.

* - Position self to include one or two Totems in Flameline2 range
1 - Flameline2 Aker, Totem1A, Totem1B (120 damage + wide + ground) x2 from terrain
* - Get out of Totem range
2 - Remotebit behind self (100 HP object)
Remotebit - Attack Aker (80 damage + panel break)
3 - N.O.Beam1 Aker (200 damage + beam + object behind self)
* - High Jump
4 - Magnum Aker (120 damage + break + panel break) x2 from terrain?
5 - Kunai1 Aker (3 x 30 damage)
* - Strafe around Aker
6 - Kunai1 Aker (3 x 30 damage)
"I won't be staying here any longer..."

Aker quickly jumped away from the grassy panels, realizing the potential danger that would await him if he was to stay. His intuition was true as the two totems was instantly charred by the Flameline. When he prepared his abacus, a strange, hovering object was already above him and zapped Aker, causing him to falter for a brief moment. "...No mercy."

He quickly recovered from the attack and firmly stood tall with his abacus pushed against his chest. "I wasn't able to force you out of anything. So there's no way the upper guys is going to let me out of this easily." Aker's finger traced to the very last bar of the abacus and clicked two beads up to the top. With that action, TennisMan's ground began to darken and a sound similar to a dropping bomb was getting closer and closer.

Before he could react, a giant Knight chess piece was falling down on TennisMan and forced the navi to defend himself as much as he could. Though it was a powerful, unexpected attack, it didn't stop the navi from continuing his attack by firing his N.O. Beam...which was a miss.

TennisMan's next attack with the magnum was a success as it steered Aker into a critical state, but jumping up into the air left him vulnerable against the AirRaid that was summoned the very same instance, shredding through his defense and leaving him wide open. The first volley of the kunais were thrown and wounded the navi even further, but the next one was easily shrugged off by a giant Rook piece that stood guard.

Aker.EXE: 40 HP

Totem1A: DESTROYED
Totem1B: DESTROYED
Knight: 100 HP [Ironbody]
AirRaid: 100 HP [Flight]
Rook: 497 HP [Ironbody]

Terrain: 50% Snow, 10% Grass, 5% Soil, 25% Normal, 10% Break

TennisMan.EXE: 180 HP [Shield Destroyed] [Barrier Destroyed]
RemoteBit: 50 HP
With Aker reaching critical health, it was time to end this battle decisively. There would be no time for chips as Tennisman prepared himself to execute a sudden surprise attack. With Aker's vision partially obscured by the Rook, Tennisman quickly pressed his toes deeply into the dirt and launched himself off in a dash that displaced him directly behind his opponent. His line of sight no longer blocked by any other objects, Tennisman slapped the flat side of his blade in a unrestrained swipe, attempting to knock the navi into the same obstacle designed to protect him. Without missing a beat, he followed through his assault by unleashing a chain of shuriken at the accursed summoner to put an end to his endlessly annoying fighting style.

"Wait, what just happened?" Desmond asked, too slow to follow what had just transpired.

Tennisman had pushed himself too far with his ambush and used what little strength Fifteen had to offer by pushing away from Aker and his Knight, instinctively setting up a Netplay to provide cover. It dawned on him a moment too late that the Knight could easily hop over his defense, prompting the navi to quickly abandon his post and move back even further. His sloppy evasion forced him to trespass over the fine line separating grass and snow. He backtracked into the frozen terrain and solified his guard. He could still evade but he wondered if it would be necessary.

Remotebit - Attack Aker (80 damage)
* - Speed boost
1 - Split Step behind Aker (teleport)
2 - Out! Aker into Rook (microburst)
* - Speed boost
3 - Ace Serve Aker (4 x 30 damage)
* - Move back
4 - Netplay (1-hit shield + 20 HP object + 60 heal)
* - Avoid being stomped by Knight
5 - Rally Defence + Reinforce (6-hit shield)
6 - Dodge
TennisMan moved in an untraceable speed, which left Aker in an unpleasant situation. "..." But the tactician was strangely calm as he commanded the AirRaid to destroy the RemoteBit before it got any closer and began to prepare another summon. TennisMan appeared behind Aker and successfully smacked him against the towering Rook, but he was still calm.

*Click*

The flick of his finger brought forth a fanfare virus that immediately began to flare its horn into the air, covering its maker in a nigh-invincible barrier that easily deflected the Ace Serve. Aker was safe the time and managed to make the Knight smack his enemy with its shockwave. But TennisMan was back up on his feet and already prepared another set of defense and mended part of his wounds...

"*sigh* Nothing useful came out at the end."

Aker cracked his neck and began to dismantle all the objects that was once summoned by him. As he was doing this, he began to speak towards TennisMan with a laze tone. "No point to continue this if you refuse to use your beast out...Lets meet again next time." With one more click of his abacus, Aker began to slide into the ground and simply disappeared...

Aker.EXE: 40 HP / EJO

Totem1A: DESTROYED
Totem1B: DESTROYED
Knight: 100 HP [Ironbody]
AirRaid: 100 HP [Flight]
Rook: 497 HP [Ironbody]
Fanfare: 50 HP

Terrain: 50% Snow, 10% Grass, 5% Soil, 25% Normal, 10% Break

TennisMan.EXE: 190 HP [6-hit Shield]
RemoteBit: DESTROYED
Netplay: 20 HP [1-hit Shield]

-BATTLE WON!-
5,500z + 45 BugFrags
Aker fled the scene without giving Tennisman the satisfaction of a clean victory. The whole fight felt like a waste of his time and kept him from his training regiment. In the end, he had no idea what he had accomplished by refraining from using his BeastOUT. However, that was all the contemplation he could manage before he collapsed from his overexertion. With his last ounce of strength, he removed Fifteen from his forehead and felt a wave of relief as his systems resumed operating under their normal parameters.

"Yo, are you alright?" Desmond asked, not sounding too concerned for his navi.

Tennisman nodded without a word, rubbing his face against the frosty terrain. Resting on the soft snow felt good and he was practically overheating from Fifteen's influence. He quickly unsummoned the support program and added, "This support program runs too high a risk. I do not wish to use it any further."

Desmond groaned, "What!? But all that programming..."

"It puts too much of a strain on me." Tennisman grunted while continuing to lie face down.

His operator could plainly recognize his navi's exhaustion and was quick to offer a solution, "Wait, lemme use one of these energy things I got from the shop - Should help."

Slotting the subchip into the PET rejuvenated Tennisman enough for him to finally find the strength to get off the ground. He held out his arm and his sword flickered out of existence, only to be replaced by an exact duplicate.

"What happened out here?" Deuce asked, "Did you get any more control over your BeastOUT?"

"I did not use it." Tennisman replied and began to walk away.

"What? Why?" Deuce snapped.

"There was an unforseen obstacle." Tennisman quipped.

Desmond laughed at the remark.

((Energypack used and removed from signature: +250 HP; Tennisman.EXE: 480 HP))
((Unsummon Fifteen))
((Summon Deuce))
((Battle 6))
As Tennisman walked through the snow, he found that the snow gradually turned itself into a road as borders of sheer ice lined the snow on either side. It made for a pretty wide walkway of sorts, but it was getting a bit annoying to trudge through the snow. This made him oblivious to the fact that he was about to collide with a virus group led by an IronGuard until it was too late.

Tennisman very nearly slammed into the shield of the snowplow-like IronGuard, but managed to move out of the way as the IronGuard's companions went up to defend their guide. Two Cragger golems of metal flanked the IronGuard on lower ground, while three widely-separated Satellites covered the aerial side.

IronGuard EX: 240HP (Snow) (Shield lowered)
MetalCraggerA: 200HP (Snow)
MetalCraggerB: 200HP (Snow)
Satellite2 A: 200HP (to the far left)
Satellite2 B: 200HP (in front)
Satellite2 C: 200HP (to the far right)

Terrain: 60% Snow, 40% Ice (on either side)

TennisMan.EXE: 480HP (Snow)
Deuce.SP: 180HP (Snow)

-ROGUE BATTLE SIX, FIGHT!!-
"Time for a BeastOUT?" Desmond asked.

Tennisman didn't feel clear of Aker's presence or his mysterious surveillance and he wasn't sure if he would ever feel safe considering he was still in the same network. That encounter proved to be extremely detrimental to his training schedule. The navi slapped his palm to the ground and initiated his signature program.

"Court Change." He said, shifting the snow to a grassy plain in the blink of an eye. Within a second blink, Tennisman had dashed back to escape his assailants.

"So what's the plan?" questioned his operator, "You gonna crush em sharky-style or what?"

Tennisman shook his head as he requested his first chip, "Magnum."

Desmond sounded disappointed at his navi but relented, "Tch... Fine."

With some added distance between himself and the heavy duty viruses, Tennisman gripped Deuce defensively as he aimed his attack. Taking into account the two golems situated on either side of the IronGuard, Tennisman wouldn't have to alter the course of his projectile much. The single Magnum round split apart twice, filling three chambers within his buster. He took in a sharp breath and fired the weapon, releasing all three rounds simultaneously, allowing them to spread across the trio of viruses in a prong shaped discharge.

"What will you do about the Satellites?" Deuce mused playfully.

"I will deal with them later." Tennisman replied, putting some extra effort into evading their targetting scanners. He guessed that he would be able to avoid two of their targetting reticles them at best but avoiding all three was out of the question. With that mindset, he was entirely willing to step into one if it meant avoiding two.

((Deuce's team subtype splits damage evenly between himself and Tennisman))
Deuce - Fluff Junction
1 - Grass Court (1/3 - 2/3 grass terrain)
2 - dodge
Deuce - Brace (block one attack for half damage)
3 - Charge Magnum
4 - Charge Magnum
5 - Magnum IronGuardEX, MetalCraggerA, MetalCraggerB (120 damage + break) x2 from terrain
6 - dodge