Cruising through the Net

Sylk's eyes stared at Mach as Aera pulled away. She still felt bad about the incident, as did they, and both parties wanted only to blame themselves it seemed. Let's just say neither of us was at fault for that battle then. There's no point in blaming ourselves, right? Her tone was soft, as she tried to pick to pick the right words. However, she didn't have much confidence in her ability to do so.

As Sylk heard mach's last statement, her eyes turned away from the group. It was no doubt that she was trying to get stronger, but if she were to ask herself whether she had achieved anything yet or not the answer wouldn't be found. This was a complicated matter to the spider. She had certainly changed, though it wasn't so much growing in strength as it was a shift in ability. After her fight with Lau and desperado, she couldn't bring herself to talk about her own strength without proof. It would only cause her mind to crack if she was found wrong.

I... am different from than I was before. I've certainly changed, but I can't say I'm any better or worse at this point in time. The uncertainty in her voice was clear as she continued to look away, somewhat uneasy about the subject. I'm still trying to figure it out myself, so I can't exactly tell you the difference... Just that I'm not... the same... Sylk quickly turned away for a moment, try to recompose herself as she became agitated from her inability to derive an explanation. Taking a deep breath, she sighed and spoke once more.

Sorry. I'm just repeating myself aren't I? Heh. With a half turn back, her head moved to the side to look at mach and the group again, her left arms gripping her right once more as she tried to think of something else to say.
The trio listened to Sylk's statement about her "shift" in power, which caused Mach to pause and think for a moment.

{"Just don't feel the same..." I've been there, believe me. Shouldn't have to worry about that. I think she'll get used to it, she might seem a bit timid right now, but I've seen her tenacity and toughness in battle.}

Aera seemed to be thinking the same thing, since all three of them have endured and undergone large changes, and had to bear and overcome it. Aera smiled reassuringly as Sylk apologized for repeating herself, as Machman started to chuckle. As he did so, his two holographic decoy drones materialized behind him; hidden from Sylk's view.

Speaking of repeating oneself...

The decoy drones silently activated their holographic projectors and created two exact copies of Machman, who stood precisely in Mach's silhouette. Controlled by Mach's thought. the pair split and took one step away from Machman in a coordinated move that appeared as if Machman had split in thirds. All three stood in front of Sylk, and as Machman started to cross his arms, the drones mimicked perfectly and with such speed that they appeared to be acting completely in unison.
Sylk tilted her head as she stared at the mach men before her, a little confused at first. Soon the spider began to chuckle softly to herself. it was an amusing little trick, and far from her ability to figure out how to do it. needless to say three machs before her was quiter an amusing idea.

Oh my~ Three Machs might be more than i could handle, heheh. Not that im against finding out. The spider teased, sticking out her tongue playfully as she looked on. The situation was too good to pass up a comment on it. So i guess this is part of your getting stronger? Or maybe you just had a kinkier side i hadn't met yet~ She continued to tease, but it was all in good fun. Her mood had changed back to a much more happy tone, and she had almost forgotten her earlier acute depression. the trio always seemed to make Sylk smile in the long run, and she was grateful for it.

I'd love to show you a few new tricks of my own... but they aren't exactly Net Square friendly. The arachnid paused for a moment, reassesing her own abilities. Or navi friendly, for that matter. She was quite fond of her new techniques, but they might be a bit to unpredictable to just go showing them off. Especially when there were those around her she felt close to. She new all to well what her new abilities could cause, and from her own personal experience it wasn't pleasent.

So, care to elaborate on your new powers? Or shall i think up a few more jokes, hmm? heehee~
Machman started to blush slightly in response to Sylk's comments, which in turn caused the decoys to mimic Mach's appearance, thus tripling the hilarity of the situation. Aera giggled at Mach's situation, but was slightly confused, since she did not know what the word "kinkier" meant. Vector looked on and did not attempt to understand what was going on, since he knew he would have only confused himself.

Mach somewhat regained his composure as Sylk explained the potency of her newly gained powers, and asked about how his new technique functioned.
Well, these two are merely decoys; holographic projections created by these drones.

The two decoy drones shut down their projectors, which caused the two Machman copies to flicker and fade away, which revealed the hovering drones themselves.
Mazer designed these to be controlled by myself, and a simple AI, so I don't need to concentrate much to control them. My favorite function...

The both of the drones' projectors started to light up, and created two holographic projections; the right became a perfect copy of Vector, and the other an exact copy of Sylk.
...is their capability to mimic anyone or anything I want them to mimic. Once these drones obtain data of something's appearance and movement patterns, they can copy them perfectly. I haven't been able to use their full abilities yet, but I hope to be able to do much with these.

Mazer's face appeared on a small pop-up window that opened next to Machman's head.
[Mach, how about you all go out into a network and demonstrate your new abilities on the battlefield? Sylk already exclaimed her abilities are a bit too volatile for the NetSquare, and your other upgrades are best used in battle.]

Vector spoke up after being silent almost the entire time.
I agree. I must admit, I feel a bit restless and would like to be on the field of battle once more.

Aera nodded in agreement as she spoke.
I'd love to see your new powers at work, Sylk.

The two drones' projectors deactivated just before the drones themselves fragmented into data and disappeared.
Well then, where shall we go?
Well, if you insist~ Though just becareful when i'm launching an attack, ok? it could be dangerous if you aren't paying attention

Sylk was worried about the possible friendly fire that may occur if she went all out, as she had yet to test these new abilities with others around. The fact that she controlled large area offense helped her out quite a bit, but she worried she wouldn't be able to control it enough to protect the others.

As for where to go, the spider had no real clue. She could go anywhere right now and it would probably suffice, since she had ventured too few places to know much about them. Her eight crimson eyes darted around the Net Square trying to see if a suitable location could be spotted via the teleport pads. It was at this point that something caught the arachnids eyes. A bright, and quite shiny sign. it's flashing lights and decorative labels held her interest quite well. She could make out the words clear as day.

Net Vegas~ Sylk called out as her right arms pointed in the general direction of the sign. What better then a flashy place to show off, am I right? HeeHee~ Sylk grinned with amusement as she awaited the response of her fellow companions. Atleast if that didn't work, she made her suggestion. If they didn't like it, they could pick the place, and save her the decision.
Sylk made her suggestion and pointed towards the decorative sign advertising the NetVegas Network.

Hm... NetVegas. Sounds interesting. I'm fine with it if everyone else is.

Looks like fun, I'm excited to see what the network is like!

Mach turned towards Vector, and he nodded in response; Mach didn't even need to ask whether or not the ever-loyal knightly SP.

[Sounds good to me, I haven't heard much about this network, so it will be a good learning experience for me.]

Alright then, shall we go?

Mach gestured towards the portal as he and his pair of SPs started to go towards the teleport to the NetVegas Network.

((To NetVegasNet))
Wheeeee~ To Net Vegas, AWAY!

The energetic spider quickly followed the group heading towards the portal to their new destination. She was filled with curiosity and excitement, trying to imagine what the palce would be like. of course, she couldn't wait to show off in front of mach and Aera, dispite her worries still being present in the back of her mind. She hoped she could be a bit more careful, but making any promises would be hard to keep.

[To Net Vegas]
((+9 FXP for interacting interaction of interactedness))
((From Mazer's House))

The three warped into the NetSquare, and after Mach glanced at one of the direction signs floating in the square, he gestured towards the correct direction and they quickly made way to the SharoNet portal. As they approached, they saw advertisements for skiing and other winter-related activities. Aera took a particular interest in a picture file of a female Navi striking a pose as she appeared to be skating on a sheet of ice. The trio stopped for a few moments as she looked at the picture before they went on their way and entered the SharoNet portal, one by one.

As they did, they were warped out of the NetSquare and into the Sharo RogueNetwork.

((To Sharo RogueNet))
((From Mazer's House))

The trio beamed down via portal to the outer rim of the bustling NetSquare. The three were starting to get accustomed to the area, since they've passed through multiple times in the past few days.
Mazer, we've successfully logged in.

Mazer's face appeared in a pop-up window just ahead of Machman.
[Okay, time to test one last upgrade.]
Mazer put in a few commands into the PET, and Mach's ear pylons quickly opened and revealed a single, slightly convex structure with several designs embedded within it. They swung out in front of Machman's face before they reached out to connect to each other and secured themselves over the bridge of Mach's nose, and both of his eyes. It was dark for only a split second before Mach's vision was filled with oddly colored blotches and fuzzy symbols and lines. The image then focused and revealed it's true nature.

Machman was at a loss for words, because he could see everything, even the slightest speck of junk data being kicked around by the passing programs, or the lettering of the signs a long distance away. Not to mention the fact that all of the programs moving about were framed with different colored highlights, and data almost instantly appeared in front of him whenever he focused on something.
[This is what I call "Enhanced Perception." I looked at the data scanners that Aera and Vector obtained and expanded on it's rather ingenious base structure. They use less power than your old Overwatch Drones, and can provide much more tactical data. There are different settings you can use, and I made it so you can adjust everything to your specifications.]

Aera and Vector watched curiously as Machman looked around with the pale gray visor, which had a single cyan band running through it. Machman was just about to open up the settings before he noticed something at his feet. He looked down, and saw a gently glowing yellow line seemingly painted on the floor. He took a step forward, and noticed the line ended right where he was standing, regardless of his movement. He then took a step to the right, and saw the line rotate slightly.
[Now instead of giving you directions, I can literally show you the way. I get a slightly less complicated visual from the PET, but I can highlight different things, so I can provide more efficient and accurate orders, such as illuminating a weakspot in enemy armor.]

This is... very impressive, Mazer.
[It wasn't that difficult to create actually, thanks to that visor program Vector obtained. Feel free to mess with some of the settings as you make your way over to the BeachNet portal.]

Machman nodded as he took Aera's hand and started walking through the crowds ahead, with Vector very close behind. He started flipping through the different visual modes, one of which seemed to see through graphical data to show the actual data streams within a Navi/Prog's program. Every single Navi's structure looked like a very advanced network of blood vessels, that all connected to a single core: their emblem. He looked over to Aera, and was surprised to see her data streams congregated towards 4 smaller cores. Maybe those are her main capacitor programs. He continued to look before she let go of his hand and moved her arms over her chest and down her abdomen.
Don't tell me your using an X-Ray function to catch a quick peek.

Machman deactivated that mode to see she was looking straight at him, and was blushing slightly.
Oh... no! Of course not! I can see the streams of data going through a program, that's all. I wasn't trying to take a peek, honest. Mazer, you were seeing the same thing as I was, right?
Mazer put on a serious face and pointed his finger towards Machman accusingly.
[Mach, I designed this visor for combat, not for peeking under your SP's clothing. Remember that next time.]
Machman put his hands out in front of him in a partly pleading, flabbergasted gesture.
But... hey! C'mon, Mazer!

Mazer chuckled impishly before he waved his hand apologetically.
[I know, I know, just messing with ya, Mach. I never put in an "X-ray" function, since it really wouldn't be that useful.]
Machman rolled his eyes under the visor before he and his SPs resumed course to the portal ahead. Like SharoNet, the BeachNet entrance also had a few posters and advertisements, all with a "fun under the sun" theme. The three then entered the portal one by one, and thus began their adventure in BeachNet Rogue.

((To Beach RogueNet))
((From Mazer's House))

The trio quickly materialized through the portal into the Netsquare, and they started to make their way towards the ElectownNet portal. Aera smiled as she rode on Mach's shoulders, and Vector managed to keep up with Mach as he rolled quickly through the bustling hub. He slowed down as he passed through the crowds, and Aera held on tight as he gently weaved through. He was doing much better with the new skate-like wheels in his feet, thanks to practicing with them for several hours as their NetOp slept.

Aera saw the ElectownNet portal before Mach and Vector, thanks to her high vantage point, and pointed towards it. Aera guided Mach towards the portal, and Vector remained close behind them before the slid into the portal and disappeared into the network.

((To ElectownNet Rogue))
((From ElectownNet Rogue))

A very large frame materialized from the portal, and the cyan light died down to reveal Mach's orange and blue MachFighter form. His engines were pointed downwards and keeping him airborne while they burned brightly. Aera and Vector were still nestled in the cockpit, and Aera got a unique view of the NetSquare from almost a dozen feet off the ground. As Aera looked around, she saw a little crosshair follow where she looked, it appeared the targeting system has interfaced with her through the seat. A small window popped up, showing Mazer's face.

[If you want to keep this form, I'd gain altitude and take it slow. We don't want to cause any damage or get people alarmed. Once you get to the portal, I'll input the coordinates provided by Sylk.]

[[i]Understood, sir.[/i]]

Mach's engines started to burn brighter as he gained altitude, to around 50 feet or so. As he gained altitude, his engines started to swing back to their default positions, pushing him forward. He quickly gained enough speed to remain airborne, and cruised comfortably over the net area. As they approached, Mach started to slow down again.
[[i]Hang on, I'm deactivating MachFighter.[/i]]

Aera felt Mach's nose tilt down, and she started to tumble forward as Mach's frame pitched down and somersaulted through the air. She closed her eyes instinctively as the cockpit started to fold away from her. She felt the belts slide away, and the seat disappeared, but she soon felt Mach's warm hands against her body, holding her tight. She opened her eyes, and looked up at Mach, who was looking down at her with his deep blue eyes. She stared back with her sapphire eyes as she started to blush a little, inciting a small chuckle from Mach. She glanced over his shoulder, to see Vector reforming just behind him, and floating down to the portal after them.

Mach landed squarely on the NetVegas portal, and Mazer put in the coordinates. The trio disappeared in a flash of cyan light, and were then transported to an area within the NetVegas network.

((To NetVegas Net))