3-Chip Trader Machine

"Wow." Steve said, looking at his handful of chips with mixed feelings. "This MetaGel2 is pretty cool, but, er, these others, sorta suck." he said. "Well, screw it, I'm here anyway..." and he pumped three of the chips right back into the trader. Hopefully he'd pull something better.

((INSERT: Cannon, Minibomb, Minibomb))
((I'M TOO LAZY TO SWITCH.))

Steve drops in three more chips, and it goes WHIIIIIRLLLL....

A [GolemHit2] chip rolls out.

Steve LOSE: Cannon, Minibombx2
GET: GolemHit2
Steve nodded, impressed. There was nothing fishy about this chip's origin, and it was still pretty freaking powerful.

Glancing sideways at the now tiny pile of extra chips, Steve quickly pumped the last few remaining junk chips into the machine. This was the last time, he told himself.

((INSERT: Minibomb, Heatshot, Heatshot))

((Last time, I swear...))
((Again, too lazy to change. <gains title, "Quickmod"> <tries finding a fitting avatar>))

Steve throws in more chips, FOR THE LAST TIME and gets...

[Recov10]

Steve LOSE: Minibomb, Heatshotx2
GET: Recov10
"Oh, bummer." Steve sighed. He guessed he pushed his luck. Oh well. Maybe he'd get some more good stuff later on down the road.

Checking his watch, he realized he'd been gone far too long. He hoped that Erin didn't think he had bolted with her things as he bustled but up the street to the Hospital.
"Hrm...I don't have too much use for this chip. Might as well take a chance at it."

Marius takes out 2 cannon chips and 4 heatshots. He inserts all the chips in the order of 2 Cannon and 1 heatshot, and 3 heatshots.
The first three put out a...

[MokoRush1]

The three Heatshots suddenly fuse within the machine, casting a brilliant Phoenix flame and producing a terrible screech, which would be cool, but it really just pops out a...

[PhoenixShot1]

Marius LOSE: Cannonx2, Heatshotx4
GET: MokoRush1, PhoenixShot1
Marius takes out the two chips he received and smirked. "A Phoenixshot...Interesting chip." He slid the chip into his pocket and headed out the shop
Desmond entered the chip shop and looked around a bit.

"Why are we here?" Tennisman asked, "We have unsufficient funds to purchase anything."

"I dunno, doesn't hurt to look." Desmond replied, "Also, I have two extra Cannon chips. I wanna see if I can get a refund or something."

As he explored the shop, something new caught his eye.

"What's this for?" Desmond asked. He moved the PET in front of the machine to show his navi.

"Searching..." Tennisman said in a mechanical voice, "One item found. Chip trader machine. Insert three chips and recieve a random one."

"SERIOUSLY!?" Desmond shouted out. He quickly covered his mouth and ducked down a little, "...seriously?"

Tennisman nodded from the PET screen.

"Alright, let's do this then!" Desmond said, dropping his two Cannon chips into the slot.

"You require three chips to activate it." Tennisman said.

"I know, I know... Uhhhhhhh... Whatever, I'll drop in a Minibomb. I can buy more later." Desmond said, putting the final chip into the machine, "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon... Something good, something good... Big money! Big money!"

Desmond twisted the knob and heard a chip fall down.

((Insert 2 Cannons and a Minibomb))
The machine whirls a little bit, and then a chip pops out.

Desmond GET: PanelShot
"Panelshot! Nice..." Desmond said, "We can test this out when we get home."

Putting the chip in his folder, he took one final glance at the store before departing. This would prove to be an interesting chip.

((ACDC Town))
Without giving any real regard whatsoever to whether the owner minded or not, Sabrina rolled her suitcase into the shop, stopping in front of the chip trader. She had been wanting to give it another whirl...

And so, she plopped 3 of her excess chips into the appropriate place, and pulled the lever to give her some random chips fun. Before she checked it, though, she pulled out two more and placed it in the machine. Wait...two?

"Darn, forgot I only had 5...oh well, guess I'll just raid the folder for something I never use..."

After a moment of searching, she seemed to have found one she was comfortable with giving up, and placed it in the third spot, allowing her to get another random chip.

[Order of Inserting:
1-Shotgun, Shotgun, Shotgun
2-Shotgun, LilBomb, Vulcan2]
After Sabrina puts in the first three chips, the machine whirs a bit and pops out a chip.

Sabrina LOSE: Shotgunx3. GET: Cannon.

Another round in, and the machine goes whirr... again.

LOSE: Shotgun, LilBomb, Vulcan2. GET: Zapring2.
...Cannon and ZapRing2. Not the greatest haul ever, but it'd have to do. And so, after shoving the latter chip into the back of her folder and the former into the dark recesses of the spare chip pocket, Sabrina turned around and left the chip shop, not caring to actually buy something in the process.

(to SciLab!)
With her shopping now done, Sabrina turned over to why she had really come over; to engage in combat with the 3-chip trader. And hopefully it'd cough up something really good...but not knowing was part of the fun, wasn't it?

At any rate, she pulled out her spare chips, and divided them into three groups of three: Elec chips, bomb chips, and non-bomb chips. The Elec chips...went back into her folder. The bomb chips...were the first three to get sucked up into the trader. And the non-bomb chips...went in the moment she pulled the lever and heard a single chip come out. At which point she pulled it a second time, and causing another chip to pop out.

Now, the moment of truth...what were those two chips that came out?

[Order of Insertion:
1-MiniBomb, MiniBomb, LilBomb
2-Cannon, PowerShot, Guard1]
The Chip Trader proves to be a tough opponent, as it spits out a Minibomb and a Vulcan1 in response.

F**k.

Sabrina LOSE: MiniBomb, MiniBomb, LilBomb, Cannon, PowerShot, Guard1
GET: Minibomb, Vulcan1
...Expletive deleted. Good thing she didn't care in the least about those chips she used. But now...now she had to give the thing one more go. But that meant either giving up MagBomb, or trying to get one more chip from virus busting really quick. And since this was ACDC Town...yeah, that seemed like a much less stupid idea. And she still had time...yeah.

And so, Sabrina exited the store, with the intentions of showing an inanimate object just who was boss.
Just as quick as she stormed out, Sabrina re-entered the shop, speeding right over to the Chip Trader. She wasn't done with it yet..as evidenced by placing three more chips in the machine, which caused a single chip to come out. Now, to see if her last minute busting was in vain...or at least as vain as anything that netted her a Quake1 could be.

[Order of Insertion:
1-MiniBomb, Vulcan1, Guard2]
Leaving things up to chance, the chip trader....

...gives her a number ball! What luck! If only she was this lucky all the time. If she were, this chip would probably be the perfect asset to her.

Sabrina LOSE: Minibomb, Vulcan1, Guard2
GET: Numberball1