Disaster hits Japan

We're currently in Tsunami Watch mode right now in Okinawa, but we're not sweating too much over here.

Hopefully the death toll doesn't get much higher, and the damage gets repaired quickly.
Good to hear you're all right, and I hope the same for the people over there. Gotta be harrowing.
Ouch. These past months have seen a ton of global weather destruction.
>mfw I forgot about Grim in Japan

I'M SO SORRY. ;~;

Also holy fuck. http://i.imgur.com/zsfV3.jpg
Entire towns have been swept away. It's rather difficult to comprehend.

My thoughts go out to those who have been right at the middle of this. : (
If the flood damage and 20k+ casualties weren't enough, several of their nuclear power plant reactors have been damaged. Luckily there hasn't been widespread radiation leaks, as of yet...

Stay safe out there, brothers and sisters.
The power plants are pretty stable right now, thankfully. Pumping seawater as coolant is going to ruin them irreversibly in the long term, but barring further disasters they should be able to keep anything from melting too badly until cold shutdown.

Of course, that just means that there won't be another disaster on top of this one. People are scared of the power plant in particular because it's nuclear, I guess. As it stands, Japan hasn't officially accepted foreign aid, but I hope it does soon. Red Cross et al have a lot lined up and ready to go.

Seems like a lot of inauspicious places are full of people calling this God's revenge for Pearl Harbour. I can't even begin to guess what the fuck.

Quote (treble monster)

Seems like a lot of inauspicious places are full of people calling this God's revenge for Pearl Harbour. I can't even begin to guess what the fuck.

Americans clearly forgot about the atomic bomb.

Quote (RevivedSin)

Quote (treble monster)

Americans clearly forgot about the atomic bomb.

Nah, they're just retarded. Religious zealot-caliber retarded. Prime targets for population culling retarded.
Hey, that's enough talk about culling. Let's learn about Nuclear Boy instead!

In other news, it sounds like Japan has officially accepted foreign aid. It's slow work, and they have to do things primarily via helicopter, but I hope this will be a great benefit to rescue efforts and aid for displaced persons.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/akaiwa.html

what... what is this...

I don't even-

Oh my gawsh...