Soul Calibur IV

Well, Soul Calibur IV is coming, and will all the happyness of fighting game fans, I noticed a picture drifting around the net of Darth Vader fighting Mitsurugi. I obviously thought this was fake, BUT GUESS FUCKING WHAT?

They decided to throw YODA, and DARTH VADER into Soul Calibur IV. This is to the highest extent, very lame. I mean, Nintendo suprised everyone by putting Snake, an M Rated character into an E Rated game. That suprised everyone. But by putting Darth Vader and Yoda in?

That IS FUCKING CROSSING THE LINE!

I know that in the double-previous installment, that Link, Heihachi and Spawn were in. That was okay, even though they REALLY didn't belong.

But fucking Star Wars? Come on, Namco, this is insane. My opinion is that they are trying to be like Nintendo and flipping a trap card to REVEAL A FUCKING CHARACTER WHO DOESN'T BELONG!

Discuss
So don't use them, dumbass.

There's always been weird characters who don't belong in a ton of games. I seem to recall skateboarding as Benjamin Franklin in a Tony Hawk game one time.

And besides, Link and Spawn are just as bad as Yoda and Vader. None of them are really from a fighting game.

Also, I should point out that, since you did mention that there were weird characters in SC2, than they aren't copying anyone but themselves.
But VADER!?

It's the medieval times. Star Wars occured waaay in the future. It's not possible.

Plus YODA? That little chipmunk? How can they EVEN FIT INTO THE STORYLINE?
It's SO DUMB!
Link is a Hylian Elf guy, and Spawn is from a future setting, too. How do they fit in?

This isn't anything new. You're two games too late to bitch.
Ahem...Star Wars occured a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Star Wars occured way in the past, not the future. My only concern is the way they are going to use their force powers.
Nah, see here. Link I could tolerate. He may not fit in plot wise, but combat wise he's just like the others. He uses a sword and a shield. Done. Spawn, I admit is a bit of a stretch, but still acceptable nonetheless. As for heihachi, I don't like tekken, I don't like him, but I hate to say that he still fits in. As for star wars? Bull shit. Sci-fi and fantasy only work in very rare occasions. This is not one of them. These two are not only from very different genres, but have a different flow to them as well. It just doesn't feel right, like it disrupts all that makes it interesting.
I dunno. I've seen some moves and they look pretty damn cool. And really, they are just swordsmen. Now, why their lightsabers don't slice through the other character's swords is beyond my understanding...
They've obviously somehow magically nerfed their lightsabers. <<;
Yeah, this was like completely epic when I first saw it, but then I was like, "Oh, wait, it's kind of for the PS3... Hmmm... oh well."
First saw it = like a year ago.
Clearly, this is just a marketing ploy. "OH, LOOK AT US, WE GOT DARTH VADER AND YODA IN OUR FIGHTING GAMES! COOL, HUH?"
Suuure...

Quote (Kujajin)

They decided to throw YODA, and DARTH VADER into Soul Calibur IV.

Old news is old.
And, it'll be awesome.
Quiet.
It's better than Link. :'D

*dodges tomatoes*
Hooray.. People AGREE.

I also can't understand how the lightsabers can not just phase through a sword. That is also why they don't fit. And force powers? Don't even get me fucking started.

Plus, how are they gonna fit them into a storyline involving a magical sword and a bunch of samurai and knights? What would they possibly want?

If it's the sword, you gotta be kidding me. They have fucking lazer guns. They don't need magic swords.

Its lameness is over 9000.
Soul Calibur has plot?
OH NO THERE ARE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS IN MY GAME OF FICTIONAL WORLD! AND THEY DON'T FIT! THIS'LL RUIN MY FICTION!

The guests were NEVER canon... So I seriously don't see the problem on that part. Angol Fear also annoys me a lot more than Vader. For example, unlike him, she is not cool.

On the other hand, this means that there'll be a surge of SW scrubs trying to show off online. I can't wait to own their faces. As long as they are not broken... then again, from what I saw Vader only used the force in throws

I'm more worried about bugs and the general fail that is associated with namco's balance team. And it is straight to console too... I can only hope they'll patch it.
....first thing that came to mind:

"THERES A DISTU-" *shot*
http://www.spaziogames.it/img3/news50/gene...313/88313_1.jpg

Talim, Rock, Yoshimitsu confirmed.

Yoshi was scanned badly, I can't make out a thing DX

Quote (Kujajin)

Plus, how are they gonna fit them into a storyline involving a magical sword and a bunch of samurai and knights? What would they possibly want?

Umm...
Did Spawn fit?
>.>;;
Can we please wait til we at least see their story? It's not like they're not putting thought behind this. Besides it's just a little randomly tossed in crap. It's not like it's going to destroy the game. Yoda and Vader can be left to collect dust in the character select screen while we play with the awesome rekindling characters like Taaaaki and Xiaaaan-

*slurps and wipes mouth*

Sorry...I was drooling. Anyway, we can play with the classics.
Also, chill out. Geeze.

Just because you don't want to admit that Vader and Yoda are possibly two of the coolest characters in anything ever doesn't mean you need to throw a fit D:<

Seriously though. The Dark side? Evil magical sword? Do you REALLY not see the connection? Really?

As for the lightsaber thing... Maybe modern (or in this case, ancient) metal had enough mitochlorians(spelling?) in it to keep the lightsabers from cutting through them. Yeah. Totally the reason.

Quote (Leon)

Also, chill out. Geeze.

Just because you don't want to admit that Vader and Yoda are possibly two of the coolest characters in anything ever doesn't mean you need to throw a fit D:<

Seriously though. The Dark side? Evil magical sword? Do you REALLY not see the connection? Really?

As for the lightsaber thing... Maybe modern (or in this case, ancient) metal had enough mitochlorians(spelling?) in it to keep the lightsabers from cutting through them. Yeah. Totally the reason.

Yoda is a small green goblin that died of freaking being old. HE DOES NOT FIT IT ANYTHING COOL.

Quote ()

Yoda is a small green goblin that died of freaking being old. HE DOES NOT FIT IT ANYTHING COOL.

Your ass on a silver plate to you shall be handed.

That is if I don't get a PS3 in which case I don't have to put up with anyone on the 360. Also, wasn't there some kind of material n kotor that made normal metal light-saber resistant?

That said, most of the cast has other excuses...

99% of them carries holy/cursed/magical weapons... or are "magical" themselves. The only one I think should have problems is Rock, who is carrying a damn mace, and probably Setsuka and her umbrella. The rest can say "ITS MAGIC!".

I won't lie, I'd have been happier with Guts, or anyone who actually fits the game design-vise. But goddamn if I won't play it through with Vader and enjoy every moment of force choking I do (unless the game is terrible, which is also a possibility).