This is an epic day in the history of nerds

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Battlecruisers were stupid. You could accomplish more with a single Ghost, and maybe a diversion force.

Shush now. Do not blaspheme the awesome might of the Yamato Cannon least ye be blasted.....After the cool down of course. It hasn't recharged from blasting Aim yet.
The Starcraft Ghost project was indefinitely suspended. A damn shame too since they were just about ready to put it out to market. Exactly why the suspended the project is unknown to me, but it's not the first time they've done it. They did a similar thing with a game that would have followed the path of the Orcish Warchief Thrall and his rise to power, but it too was suspended at almost the last second.

On a completely different note, I LOVE BLIZZARD. No other company has exceeded my expectations again and again. From my first shot at Diablo, I've been hooked to every Blizzard game to come out. And now Starcraft 2.

I gouged every little bit of info I could from the website. For those who just want information, they've got a sweet little cinematic trailer as well as designs for the Protoss. Like Warcraft and it's jump to 3D, you can expect a return of most of some of the old units, and upgrades, as well as an influx of new units. Zealots look like they can rush short distances, Dragoons have upgraded to Immortals who use dual machineguns rather than a cannon and have super shielding to fight against heavy weapons such as, GASP, Siege Tanks! The Dark Templar have learned a little from their brethren and made their own version of the Dragoon called the Stalker. It's weapon, some kind of plasma web or something, sounds a little weird, but it's ability, a limited teleport, ensures that the Stalker is gonna be fun! The last thing planned so far is an upgrade to the Protoss Gateway, allowing it to teleport units wherever there's controlled Psi Energy, like that produced by a Pylon. But there's been a new unit introduced as well, which should be replacing the Shuttle. This unit, the Phase Prism, turns objects into energy, beams them up, and then shoots 'em down. And it produces Psi Energy! That means not only are you going to be able to rush bases in faster than ever before as the mighty 'Toss, you're going to be able to teleport Zealots and other base units straight to the battle through the Gateway's new upgrade!

So yeah! I'm freakin' psyched! Consider me one happy little geek, heh.
Yay for warp drop!.....

Too bad I'm a zerg player

I hope they get some upgraded queen that can infest ANYTHING.
Send in the fleets!
|{3k3k3k3k3, Z3R36 R|_|5|-|!
I played an N64 ROM. I didn't like it.

Quote (legoroy2)

I played an N64 ROM. I didn't like it. 

Well, to be fair. You did play something that was ported from PC to console, and then again emulated back to PC. >>

It can hardly be the best way to try a game.

Quote (Zanallen)

*Yamato Cannon's Aim in the face* Woot! A new Starcraft. Maybe new races? Hmm?

Ya, two races actually.

One's the Zerg/Protoss Hybrid (Which was mentioned in the SC Expansion~) and a Super-Human/Zerg Hybrid (<- I don't know how that'll work >____>;;)
Zerg Smex = Hawt

Oh look. A zerg rush. D:

On another note, the tech demo went over pretty interestingly and fairly informatively (at least enough so to tell that there would be loooots of new junk). Check Gamespot for more on that.
Where'd you get this information Goroke? I hadn't heard anything official. While I know about the Zerg/Protoss Hybrid from the bonus mission, something like the ultimate creation of the XelNaga or something like that, I hadn't read that it was going to be an official race. Still, having 5 races would be in order with the trend they've set up.

WC2 - 2 Races
Starcraft - 3 Races
WC3 - 4 Races
SC2 - ??

Nonetheless, I hadn't heard anything official... Now what I'm interested in is the possible inclusion of the hero system and even more imprtantly the existence of 'Creep' aliens! That'd be sweet!
Wait, Starcraft is Warcraft?

O I C!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Indeed. Starcraft is made by the same makers of Warcraft. For all intents and purposes, Starcraft is Warcraft in Space.

Quote (Tom)

Indeed. Starcraft is made by the same makers of Warcraft. For all intents and purposes, Starcraft is Warcraft in Space.

Hah! One of the units says this if you click him a lot:

"This is not Warcraft in space! It's much more sophisticated!"
"You need to construct additional pig farms!"

"Stop rocking the battlecruiser! You're making me seasick!"

The quotes all make sense now! >: D

Quote (Tom)

the ultimate creation of the XelNaga or something like that,

Or, y'know, the Zerg could've just assimilated them, Infested Command Center style, since the Zerg can do that.

Honestly, I wanted a human/Protoss hybrid.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starcr...tml?sid=6171179

Two major things to draw out of all of this are:

1) No hybrid species, or new species in general.

2) No actual "heroes," although old characters such as Kerrigan will return in some way.
This is good news...I was afraid that Blizzard was going to make something like, 'Universe of Starcraft'.

And just what is wrong with Universe of Starcraft?
Because there are far too many MMOPRGs out right now.