This is an epic day in the history of nerds

There can nevah be too many! And besides, most of the ones out there suck. Suck I say! Meh, ya know hat is sad....When this comes out, my computer will probably not be able to play it.

Quote (AimMan)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starcr...tml?sid=6171179

Two major things to draw out of all of this are:

1) No hybrid species, or new species in general.

2) No actual "heroes," although old characters such as Kerrigan will return in some way.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Blizzard might be still holding back in order to have more breathtaking suprises later on to keep the hype up.

That, or the Zerg/Protoss hybrid is perhaps a non-playable race in the campain.

I'm glad they didn't include heroes. I think it would kinda ruin the gameplay. Starcraft isn't like warcraft 3 where every unit's death is a large blow to the player.
On one hand I'm slightly dissapointed, but I do feel that this was an important and correct decision. Starcraft simply lacks the sort of fantasy/rpg feel that Warcraft had. It'd be kind of strange to see Jim Raynor run over a Zergling and then see him level up, y'know?

Quote (Drakim)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Blizzard might be still holding back in order to have more breathtaking suprises later on to keep the hype up.

That, or the Zerg/Protoss hybrid is perhaps a non-playable race in the campain.

I'm glad they didn't include heroes. I think it would kinda ruin the gameplay. Starcraft isn't like warcraft 3 where every unit's death is a large blow to the player.

Quote ()

The sequel is confirmed to only feature the original three playable races from the previous games: the protoss, the zerg, and the terrans; there will be no fourth race, not even the zerg/protoss hybrid which appeared in a mission in Brood War

I don't know, by the way they said "confirmed," and then specifically say "there will be no" presence of the zerg/protoss, I'd say it's not likely.
Same 3 races.

New units, tho. There's a Protoss walker thingy that looks like absolute sex.

And seriously, you could play a Protoss/Zerg hybrid even in SC:BW...

Dark Archon, anyone?
Maybe the dark archon can actually attack in this one...

And, to whoever posted about the trend of "increasing races" WC3 originally had five races, the fifth being the Burning Leigon, but that was scrapped due to the fact no one wanted to see a weak worker/builder demon.

And, that Thrall game was released. Sort of. Actually, the entire sotryline of the game was made into a novel, "Lord of the Clans". Quite a good read, actually.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit. I'm slightly bummed that there are no new races, but I think hybrid races would be dumb, they'd have to introduce an entirely new species to be cool.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Battlecruisers were stupid. You could accomplish more with a single Ghost, and maybe a diversion force.

Bah, Ghost had really sucky damage. I mean, a ghost couldn't beat a damn zergling unless he could make himself invisible. And even then, with zergs, overloads are never far away.

The only real use for ghosts are lockdown and nuke.

I have to agree.

Quote (Drakim)

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Battlecruisers were stupid. You could accomplish more with a single Ghost, and maybe a diversion force.

Bah, Ghost had really sucky damage. I mean, a ghost couldn't beat a damn zergling unless he could make himself invisible. And even then, with zergs, overloads are never far away.

The only real use for ghosts are lockdown and nuke.

Ahem.

Yes, Ghosts were shitty against the Zerg. High damage, long range-- it just didn't work out, and it wasn't like you could produce a bunch of them to unleash salvos of fire. What you could do, however, was make the enemy think something BIG was coming, then proceed to hit them with a bunch of boring ol' Firebats and Goliaths and stuff.
Wait, you'd go and build a Science Facility, build the Covert Ops add-on, build a Ghost, and then go with Firebats and Goliaths?

You'd have been rushed at the Science Facility, dude.
wow. I thought you guys were talking about Wraiths the whole freakin time o.o
And it would make MORE sense to, after the science facility, build a nuke silo, instead of using my Ghost as a spy and then attacking with what I've already got?
Yay for silos. Nay for ghosts.

Quote (Strikeman)

Yay for silos. Nay for ghosts.

That makes no sense as it is pointless to have Silos without Ghosts. Also, there are much better spies than Ghosts...Much, much better.
Wraiths don't have Lockdown. Assuming you're talking about Wraiths. I haven't played in a while so I can't think of another invisible Terran unit.

My point is, Ghosts exist for a reason and that reason is not nukes. A player who knows what he's doing can find a Ghost in no time flat, and nukes are overrated anyway-- the damage they do is very random. Also, Lockdown makes it much easier to slam a base with the forces you should already have been building up.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Yes, Ghosts were shitty against the Zerg. High damage, long range-- it just didn't work out, and it wasn't like you could produce a bunch of them to unleash salvos of fire. What you could do, however, was make the enemy think something BIG was coming, then proceed to hit them with a bunch of boring ol' Firebats and Goliaths and stuff.

No Atrus >>

Ghost do NOT have high damage. Due to their slow attack speed, they do less damage than a freaking marine.

And lockdown doesn't work against any Zerg units.

And invisibility works against NOTHING, since the zerg either has Overlords when you attack their base, and the burrow ability if you catch some zerg outside the base.

Whever a Ghost use a nuke, you just send your speed and sight-rage upgraded Overlords (which the Zerg player will have by the time the enemy have the nuke) around the red dot, and you'll find the ghost pretty quickly. Send two Zerglings, and bam, he is dead.

I swear, I never ever got to use a ghost effectivly against the Zerg. It just isn't possible.
I have never seen ghost action in high level play. Terrans I saw mostly went with vulture and plain old simple marines.

Quote (Knight)

I have never seen ghost action in high level play. Terrans I saw mostly went with vulture and plain old simple marines.

Heh, I think I saw it once, but it was a very special game. The terran player used it in defense, wiping out the Zerg attacking army completely, and only losing a bunker or two himself. He simply stood in the base with the ghost, and nuked, and just before it came, he ran away with his units, so that the Zerg started attacking other things, such as the bunkers. It was really awesome ^^

Ofcourse, that isn't something you can do twice. The Zerg player could easily have run away too, since he is faster.

Quote (ZeroSaber)

O_O

OH MY GAAAAAAD!

OH GOOOD YEEESS!

NOOOO, IT WILL CONSUME HIS MIIIIIIIIIIND!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES
Zero, don't do it!
D: