ATTN ALL!!!

AH, another S.A.D., oh how I loathe the.

It's even worse when the woman you were planning to give stuff to comes out and says that they just 'want to be friends' because she 'doesn't want to lose that'.

What a load of bullshit.

I've never liked S.A.D., and this only serves to increase my hatred of hallmark holidays.

So, to whoever though up this joke of a holiday: Go fuck yourself.
This isn't a holiday... I had to go to school and to the hospital. How's that a holiday? D:
I got a valentine today ^^, I'm so happy ^^

Quote (Goroke)

Tomorow is National Chain letters suck day. If you get this that means you suck. Send this to 10 assholes in the next 3 seconds and tomorrow will be the worst day ever. Tonight at 2Am your worst enemy will realize they want to rape you. Something will happen to you at 1-4 pm tomorrow, it could be anywhere. Get ready for the Biggest shock of your life, if you break this chain you will be cursed.

Fix'd.

Oh, my school was closed due to snow. TAKE THAT LOVE AND VALENTINES!
Err...Not good...not good...

I've got a valentine from a girl...and *Very very very long story behind this girl and me*
I was GOING TO give a valentine, but we had a god damn snow day.
Yeah, S.A.D. isn't politic, so long as you're a happy single.
But there are some who view it as some kind of magic love-day in which love is buffered or broken.
I don't place so much faith in winged babies with a penchant for archery, myself.

And, uh, Vac...
Love spell?
Give free will some credit, man.

And, uh...
Who made St. Valentine Dr. Love anyway?
Huh... Docta Love.
That should be the new patron diety of Valentines Day.
Sort of like Hitch with a stethoscope.
Free will gets no credit. None.

Quote (yahiko9040)

Free will gets no credit. None.

The hell are you talking about? Are you really serious about this love spell thing? I'm telling you, you must be allergic to your wiccan friends' incense or something, because the goth kids are clearly screwing with your head!

Granted, I've always kind of wanted to give someone a love potion, just for the coolness. The problem is that, depending on what culture you take it from, love potions can get... nasty. I'm talking bodily fluids and possibly lunar cycles (if you catch my drift). Nasty.

Didn't Saint Valentine give letters to people on death row, or something?

I think this is another of those Christian holidays that got moved to a pagan holiday, which would explain Cupid's involvement. Didn't Cupid used to have some phallic symbol of doom as his weapon?
Cupid is... Greek, I believe. The son of Aphrodite.
And no, no weapons of doom. He just wooed a mortal girl and stuff.
Because, you know, he's the Love Goddess' son.
I think the arrows were coined at that point too... The only thing that was hopelessly warped, I think, was the entire "winged cherub" part. Nothing Pagan there, I'm afraid.

But I wouldn't take my word for it. The sheer number of times I said "I think" in that statement should serve as proof that I've no idea what I'm talking about.

And as for St. Valentine... That's exactly why we should kick him out and appoint Docta Love instead.

And, uh... Yeah.
Who needs a love potion when you have good old Chinotto?
Mmm, malaria-curative soda.

But yeah, my sister's wiccan. I'll ask her for details on love potions... Because now my curiosity is piqued.

And wasn't it Vac that did the love potion thing? Hiko's only making with the funny, I believe.
You're thinking Eros.
The root of the word Erotic?
Eros?
Hmm.
Maybe Cupid was his Roman counterpart or summat, because I could have sworn that was him.
Quite possibly. Eros was the Greek God of Love, just as his mother, Aphrodite, was the Goddess of Love. Funny story, Hermes and Aphrodite had a child by the name of Hermaphrodite. And that is where that particular word comes from.
Wait, that was the name of their *child?*

I always assumed that that was because Aphrodite was a goddess of all that is feminine, whereas one of Hermes' items was like a phallic symbol or something.
Ah far as my knowledge, yesh.

Well, his name was Hermaphroditus. He was merged with a Nymph, thus gaining both male and female genitalia.