Languages

I have been wondering for some time now, what languages do you speak? Don't ask me why I want to know, I'm just too nosy for my own good : )

When writing what you can speak, say what your first language is, along with any others you can speak or read in reasonable well.

Example piece of myself:

First language: English

Learning french right now, can speak it reasonably well.
Well for me English is my first language, and that is the only written language that I know. I do know american sign language however, which is still a language just not a written one. So yeah thats mah story!
First language: English

I've taken 4 years of Spanish, so I feel that I can understand it reasonably well.
I speak English normally, and I've been learning French since first grade. Despite this, I can't speak a coherent sentence in it without thinking for a minute.
English: Primary Language
Japanese: College (not fluent... yet! :3 )
German: High School (bare minimum, most I've forgotten or have replaced with Japanese)
"Drunkanese": Fluent

Quote (The_Grim_Reaper)

"Drunkanese": Fluent

lol

First language: Chinese
Second Language: English
(I speak both of these fairly well)
Others: Spanish, Japanese (I might as well throw my 1 year of Spanish education out the window though. XP)
Primary Language - English

Fluent, Secondary Languages - Canadian French, Ukrainian.

Developing Languages - Paresian French, American Spanish, Japanese.

EDIT - Is there really a difference between Spanish dialects? I should've called it 'Mexican' like everybody else I know who doesn't read books in their spare time.
English, that's it...

unless you count that messed up gibberish I used to speak till I was 5 cause I was deaf...
Primary language: English
Secondary Language: Chinglish (Various Chinese Dialects mixed with English. A smorgasbord language, if you will.)

Third language: Manglish. (Local Malaysian English lah brudder.)
Primary Language: Australian English

Secondary Language: American English

Other Languages: Anything Google Translate supports. <__<

Quote (Sj)

The difference?

Quote (Corrupted Child)

Quote (Sj)

The difference?

Tucker v. Food
Roight v. Right
etc.

and I'm pretty sure a good number of women are turned on by dudes with Australian accents.
Colour => Color
Favourite => Favorite

And my favourite [pun intended]:

Mum => Mom
First language: Cantonese
Second language: English
- Second point five language: Manglish/Singlish/Whateverengrish
Third language: Mandarin
Fourth Language (?): Malay
Fifth (?!) Language: Japanese (bare minimum)

I win? : D
One of these days I want to get educated enough to the point where I can walk into one of these threads and say 'All of the above'.

English.

(PS: Except "Drunkanese".)
I obviously must learn how to speak Drunkanese
I can only speak English. I knew Spanish well while I was studying it, but in just a year's absence of the language I feel like I can only translate certain words of it. DX

Quote (Writteninblue)

EDIT - Is there really a difference between Spanish dialects? I should've called it 'Mexican' like everybody else I know who doesn't read books in their spare time.

The main difference is that Spanish(Spain) makes use of the vosotros conjugation while Spanish(Latin) lumps vosotros conjugations in with ustedes conjugations.

Example:

Comer - to eat

Como - Yo
Comes - Tu
Come - El/Ella/Usted
Comemos - Nosotros
Comeis - Vosotros
Comen - Ellos/Ellas/Ustedes
Aside from the obvious, I studied Spanish for 2 years in high school, and Latin for 2 years in college. Did any of that amount to anything? Not really. XD

Quote (Twi)

One of these days I want to get educated enough to the point where I can walk into one of these threads and say 'All of the above'.

English.

(PS: Except "Drunkanese".)

dude, oly the pope or diplomats take the time to learn all of that, the last one knew only 16, and 3 of them were "dead" languages...

there are about 20 active languages and hundreds of dead ones, are you a bad enough dude ton lean all of that?