Teens-4-christ.org

XDXDXD WIN.
Oh my god...

That is just about the most throughly disgusting yet hilarious thing I've ever seen, and I'm christian.

Quote ()

"Dear Sir,

I have some questions regarding the Christian faith. Since your website so fully and comprehensively addresses any areas of unclarity, I was hoping you could clear this up.

In your message board, you have stated that one cannot pick and choose which Christian viewpoints to hold. This has put me in considerable fear for my immortal soul, as there are some passages in the Bible which seem impossible or unethical to follow. However, judging by your statement, you obvoiusly already follow what these sections command. It should be fairly simple for you to pass that advice on.

<Here they go>

I would like to thank you for your time, and ask that you reply soon.
Sincerely,
(etc.)"

I plan on doing this right now. Thank you for the idea Savage King. :3
It's websites like these that give Christians a bad name. Myself, im Catholic, and I took one look at the website and almost puked.
Alright, I figure I'll chime in on this finally.

Demon is completely right, why should we tolerate his crap when he is intolerant of anything except his specific beliefs? Short answer? We shouldn't. In fact, I'd be willing to bet most intelligent Christians and Catholics, such as those that seem to be here, would be rather willing to agree we need to shut him up.

This, ladies and gents, is one of these FALSE TEACHERS that Revelations and the Letters to the Churches warn about. Don't listen to him, stop him from causing more damage to the faith, then go into damage control mode and try to undo the satanic and retarded brainwashing he's done.

But what do I know, I've only read the new testament... 4 or 5 times~
Leon, sorry but, now you are going in the wrong direction.

Accusing them of being under the rule of Satan is exactly what they are doing towards others. They go shouting out on how you are controlled by the Devil, and you shout back that they are controlled by the Devil. What makes him the fundy and you the normal person?

The fact that you are saying that these satanic preachers are signs in the book of Revelations, the very book that says the world is coming to an end any minute now, doesn't make you look so good either.

Right now, hadn't I known you from before, I would have guessed you to be a fundy.

Don't misunderstand me, I hate these guys just as much as you do. I hate them because they are ignorant and a generaly cause harm to people. I think we'd all agree on that. Why not stick to such things instead of starting to drag in Christian prophecies, which a lot of us here don't believe in?
Wait, the admin is called... Mrs Debbie? XD
Well, they have this strong "NO GROWNUPS ON THIS SITE, THIS IS A TEEN SITE" rule.

But, there are about 5 "approved" grownups on the site, which all are administrators. I have this strange feelings it is the parents of the 5 main admins. ^^
Call me fundy if you like. In all honestly, being a fundy isn't bad in and of itself. It's when you're fundy and completely wrong that theres a problem.

Like that entire site.

So yeah, I suppose I am a bit fundamentalist in my views. You should know that well enough, since you and I usually end up disagreeing on things like this in about two posts anyways, haha.

Just like you don't like me shoving my beliefs in your face and saying your going to hell, I don't like people who don't know anything about my faith to try and teach others about it.

[rant]
I also don't like certain other sites that specifically call you to do what they improperly describe as the ultimate sin so you can get a 5$ dvd from them for free. If you want the dvd so bad, go buy it at borders.

Gotta love King James. He really screwed up christianity for us modern day folk with his scribes mis translating things all over the place.[/rant]
this thread aint dead yet?

well, I might as well throw my latest discovery out there.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/

This is what comes up when I tried finding Dio album covers.

I see the thinking behind Christ for teens, but this is...
I can perfectly understand that, and agree with it. When people start shouting about what others do and belive, there lies the problem.

As for the ultimate sin, I still think we disagree though. I don't see why atheists and agnostics (which all those who makes those videos are), should have to follow Christian rules and dogmas.

(oh, and the DVD is only for those within the US, so, a lot of people don't really do it for the DVD. :P)

Quote (Drakim)

I can perfectly understand that, and agree with it. When people start shouting about what others do and belive, there lies the problem.

As for the ultimate sin, I still think we disagree though. I don't see why atheists and agnostics (which all those who makes those videos are), should have to follow Christian rules and dogmas.

(oh, and the DVD is only for those within the US, so, a lot of people don't really do it for the DVD. :P)

Haha, I wasn't aware of the U.S. only thing. I'll be honest, I skimmed it over, skimmed the FAQ, and left in disgust.

The point still remains that it challenges you to do the 'unpardonable sin' as little more than a dare. Which is... kinda sad. It'd be like me saying "Hey Drakim, you know what you should do just for fun? Just because you can?You might risk destroying your view of yourself forever, but no big right? -insert something you're totally against here-!"

But anyways, The only doctrines as a born again Christian are, and I in no way exaggerate this:

1. Love God. (by accepting Jesus as your Saviour)
2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Following those two commandments are all you have to do, since if you do those, you'll be following all the thousands of little lessons about love and such. There's no 10 Commandments in Christianity... that's Old Testament Law in the Old Covenant God had with the Jews of the day. Christianity is the New Testament and a New Covenant, and therefore not bound by the Law nor it's Curses. Sadly, it seems very few people realize this, and are still under the impression that Christianity is full of laws and curses and such. *coughteens4christcough* *coughblasphemeychallengecough*
I don't think you got what I mean Leon. I'll try to explain what I mean better, with illustrations! ^^

If whoever reads this can't handle opinions, then GTFO before reading the rest of this post [/disclaimer]

I just pictured the prophet mohammed:

Yep, going to Muslim hell for that.

Here we have the the popular holy ghost:

Yep, I just blasphemed it. Going to the Christian hell for this one.

Here we have the holy cow:

There, aimed for the Hindu hell or whatever that is now.

I could continue with this all day, but it is pointless. The real point is, there is an unlimited amount of things I'm going to some kind of hell for every single day. The holy spirit may seem like a bigger thing for you, since you are a Christian, but, for atheist and agnostics, it really is nothing more than avoiding black cats or going under ladders or holy cows.

The point of these youtube videos are to show just that, we aren't afraid of black cats, shattering mirrors, walking under ladders, or holy ghosts. To live a life in fear of damnation is to not live life to the fullest. It isn't at all just to get a DVD or piss somebody off. It is a stance, saying "I'm not afraid". You'll find these words in almost all of the youtube videos.

No, I understood you, and was saying most of it for my personal benefit so I could just get that out there before the topic was changed entirely. And anyways, your picture should be more like... someone laughing at Jesus hanging on the cross and saying something akin to the meme 'Where is your God now?", as that is what the scripture in Hebrews that they're using as the premise for their site means in the original manuscripts.

Like I said, yay for crappy mistranslations in the 13th century (or whenever).

But, I'd have to think that except for some truly odd and off the wall beliefs, if you simply loved your omnipotent being and treated your neighbors with love and respect, you'd be well on you're way to NOT going to hell in most religions.

But religion is dumb anyways. Mankind's failed attempt to reconcile itself to a higher power. *gasp*
hmmm. One thing I don't get though. I agree with the love thy neighbour stuff, but, why do we have to love an omnipotent being that we can't see or agree on or anything?

Because, we can easily see that a society where nobody cares for each other won't work. The whole point of society is people working together.

But, love for God isn't a requirement for anything I can see today. You don't see people without God tearing down their lives (atheist actually have a lower divorce rate than Christians and Catholics, lol), or being generally unhappy or sad.

When I look around myself at people, of all different beliefs and faiths, I see absolutely no trend or difference. God seems pretty much irrelevant to our lives. So, why do we need the love your God rule?
Mainly? I believe it's to keep us in check. Remind us that there are things more important than ourselves and mankind in general. I suppose if you can keep that in your head without believing in an onmipotent person, and that you're ok with the prospect of just nothing after death, then there's really no logical reason.

And I know about the divorce rate. Sad isn't it?
People believe in the Christian God (or whatever) because they want to go to Heaven, right? That's why they're good people. Not because they should be, but because they need to be to go to heaven. This is where things get fucked up. People become so wrapped up in going to heaven that they forget to be a good person.

It's too late for me to think of more, but I'd thought I'd give you that much. ^_^'

*shot*
I'm a christian, and I'm completely unoffended by everything in this topic. :'D

-Twi
My grandpa just became protestant, and now I work for him. I get free meals and good pay, so I don't mind. However, every morning and afternoon when he drives me to my aunt's house, he talks to me about Christianity. The more he talks, the more I renounce it. Is that a bad thing?
Well, depends on who you ask ^^

But, I know a lot of people belive in God and/or Jesus without Christianity in that form.
I used to, but the more my grandfather talked, the more I didn't want to believe in it.

And get this-- my grandpa has the bible on CD. like, stick it in the radio and listen to it CD. wtf?