Nal.

I highly doubt that if Nal were to join us, he'd keep his head for more than a week. He'd become restless because of his own percieved impotence in the forum, and come a-knocking to the Modcave, eyes a-blazing, demanding to be given another chance.
Personally, Nal has lost all respect in my eyes. I'm not bringing myself down to the gung-ho anti-Nal rallies some members have monologued, but I still don't see him as a reasonable, ratonal person. I mean, come on... He shut down RECN to get revenge on a relatively small group of people, shutting out hundreds of members who had done absolutely nothing! Hell, the Mods (and Admins and Officials, I know. I just use Mod as a blanket term) had done nothing but create a backup site far prior to the events! He merely saw this backup site, jumped to conclusions, and shut out any truthful explanations people tried to draw his attention to.
We don't need Nal any more than we need nostalgia. It's fine if he joins on his own, but I can see nothing but woe from trying to enlist him as a member...

However.

Asking him to join the forum might well salve any hard feelings between him and the forum. If we show him acceptance and trust, and let him know that we forgive him, we might quell his blazing wrath and gain a literate, skilled member. And without the powers of the Root Admin, he can't go too power-trip without the myriad of Admins and Officials keeping him in check.

I can see arguments either way... I say go for it. We've nothing much to lose. I guess we just have to hope he doesn't go ape-wild at the sight of Cestus... I can't see why he would, but his capacity for wrath has surprised me in the past. But for this time, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he flies into another rage, the Mods can easily keep him in check with a warn for flaming.
And if he's not invited, I doubt he'll join at all. At the very least, he'd feel that he would be unwelcome... Which might be the case. If Atrus goes through with this, we all have to agree to shut our fat mouths, alright? It's no good welcoming a man with a kick in the shins.
As I'm probably not the person to ask on matters like this (having first suggested the backup to Eon), I'll just settle for a SECOND'D at King, here.
No one cares about me, but THIRD'D to King.
Ah, democracy-- where all you need to win is popularity and an eloquent speech.

*dragged away by the secret police*
What more could one excersise here than eloquent speech? It's a message board. O_o;

We can give it a shot, yeah, but it would be the irony of the century if he show'd up. I mean, he absolutely hated the idea of this new board. I'll bet he sees it as a mockery to invite him here. Which, of course, it isn't, and doesn't have to be. But I'm just saying, if he's anything like he was when he left, he'll shun the place.

But sure, ask him. He doesn't have admin power here, so it's not like he can do anything bad even if he doesn't like us.
i say.......kick his ass......i'm STILL pissed at him for closeing down RE:CN, if he comes back here......i'll make SURE to verbaly shove my foot up his fuggin ass. what he displayed in closeing down RE:CN was a temper tantrum in him not geting what he wants.....guess what? LIFE'S NOT FAIR! even if YOU created the bord, you STILL can't always get what the FCK you want! anyways.....i'm done ranting, and i have proven that i can say a few words of wisdom every now and again.
Wisdom?
Wouldn't it be completely and utterly counterproductive to shove your verbal foot up his verbal ass should he decide to come?
Atrus is trying to salve old wounds here, and if he does agree to come, do you think he'd stay if he met with a crowd of flamers?

Come on people... If he comes, we have to restrain ourselves from blatant and pointless insults.
i doubt that i could hold in my flames.
... So you're not going to try.
It is incredibly easy to flame someone. It is even easier not to.
That's negative work, right there. Finger action that never happened and could instead be put towards grabbing a soda.
Nal? Yeah I know him. Hes a Mod on SA.net and hes still pissed about this site.
I don't know all the details in between this site and him but I don't want to be dragged into a big fight about the site.

Quote (Savage King)

no....i WILL try to....but i doubt that i could hold in my flames for TOO overly long...besides.....i doubt that nal will come to this site.......he would rather delete it and kill any chance of redeming himself than join. i'm just saying.

Quote (darkstar1006)

Quote (Savage King)

no....i WILL try to....but i doubt that i could hold in my flames for TOO overly long...besides.....i doubt that nal will come to this site.......he would rather delete it and kill any chance of redeming himself than join. i'm just saying.

Like I said, hes still mad about this site. Hes a perfectly good rp mod. But flaming him will just make him more mad.

And improve on your grammar and spelling, it bothers the living hell out of me.
I'm an accommodating guy, so I'd be nice to him. But, you know, I'd just be utterly dumbfounded if he accepted. I'd imagine the offer might actually offend him. O_o

I mean, looking at it from that strange perspective he seems to have, this place is like a mockery of what was once his.
I don't know him at all, so I'd give him a chance...do any of you care really if he comes on? I mean, if he's gonna flame and hold a grudge, yeah, fine, flame him out. But give him a fair chance if he comes on...maybe I'm naive, but whatever.

Quote (AimMan)

I'm an accommodating guy, so I'd be nice to him. But, you know, I'd just be utterly dumbfounded if he accepted. I'd imagine the offer might actually offend him. O_o

I mean, looking at it from that strange perspective he seems to have, this place is like a mockery of what was once his.

Glad you understand that, Aimman.

But if you guys are just going to talk crap about him, then why would he come back?
XD
That's the best way...but then my dad says I'm psychotic.

Quote (darkstar1006)

Quote (Savage King)

Then you will be warned repeatdly, and, eventually banned for flaming.

Flaming of all forms is stupid. I just yell at my computer screen.

Quote (Karuson)

Quote (AimMan)

Glad you understand that, Aimman.

But if you guys are just going to talk crap about him, then why would he come back?

He couldn't come back here as he was never here to begin with. He used to be an admin at the old site and, as far as I know, has never been here. Nal has a reputation of being power hungry and quite abusive when he doesn't get his way. We created this site as a back-up just in case anything happened to the old board. Nal got pissed because we were unwilling to just give him back his admin powers after he had been away for months(We tried explaining that we wanted him to reacquaint himself with the new rules and meet the new members first, but he didn't listen). In his anger, he cloed the old forum and we flocked here. He reopened the old forum about a day later as Twi made a deal with him, but then he found out about this back-up and became enraged, closing the forum down again. Really, if he is angry, it is his own damn fault. Our members have a right to be mad at him as well, though they should not resort to flaming. As my grand pappy, Ol' Reliable, used to say: "Flamers are Lamers".
SCREW NAL!
Lamer.