Customer Feedback

Hi. Here at RE:RN, we realize that you, the players, are the only reason we have to keep the site awesome. And that you are the lifeblood of the site.

We also realize that we might have a habit of not asking for feedback enough. So, this is your chance- We want you to fill out the little survey below and tell us what you think. Answer seriously and honestly, since you could have a very profound effect on the future of the RP.

Questionnaire

[li]Who/what is the RE:RN community?
    [li]Who/what kind of people are we aiming our site towards?
    [li]How long will we last?
    [li]Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP?
    [li]Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care?
    [li]What are the biggest problems we have that we need to fix?
    [li]What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see implement?
    [li]What, if any, changes to the power structure would you make?
    [li]What, if any, ideas for future story arcs/plot events do you have?
    [li]What, if any, system changes or additions do you have?
    [li]What, if any, are your biggest problems with the site as is?
    [li]What, if any, changes would you make to the layout of the forums?
  • And lastly, roughly how long have you been with us?
Please either post your replies here, or PM them to me and I shall post them in a clone of this topic in the mod cave.

Lastly, don't talk about someone elses answers. If you disagree, that's fine, but address your concerns with that person's answers elsewhere. This is only to see popular opinion, not to start a war about what each person thinks of the site.
Also, this questionnaire encompasses some pretty important information that the Mod team would really appreciate having. In a perfect world I'd order everybody to fill out this survey, but last time I checked, the world was far from idyllic. Instead, I'd like to ask everybody to at least look over these questions and give them a little thinking. If there's something you come up with that nobody's mentioned yet, please do add your thoughts.
GM: Who/what is the RE:RN community?

LR: A second home, more or less. It may sound silly, but I know more people here than in my local community. All of whom are awsome in their own ways. (^.^ )b

GM: Who/what kind of people are we aiming our site towards?

LR: Those with the spirit of roleplay within.

GM: How long will we last?

LR: Until the world ends with you. Hopefully longer.

GM: Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP?

LR: Plot's always nice, but you can't have them all the time. I mean, if it's just grinding then what's the point of putting so much effort into this? I personally believe there should be a goal that people work toward. Like with WoW, you're constantly preparing your character for the optional, final megaboss. And when that's done, another chapter comes out, with an even bigger megaboss. I have a couple of ideas. Like DataMan's army of mutant virii, SolarMan's "Heavenly" plan to wipe out the Undernet, effectively driving evil into the topworld, etc.

More zenny would be nice too. : D

GM: Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care?

LR: The best reward for the player is to win, so unless there's something better then i'm sure that punishments are a go. Say with Medic's event. He's got Stunt who, story-wise, is invincible. So good RP should have him simply surviving. Otherwise, deleted like a Stong-Bad e-mail.

GM: What are the biggest problems we have that we need to fix?

LR: The speed of roleplay. Ack! De-Ja-Vu!

GM: What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see implement?

LR: ............. Well. Um. I'm not sure the world we RP in has enough concreteness to make it work. We should have layouts. Take Borrow stuff from things like TWEWY.

GM: What, if any, changes to the power structure would you make?

LR: There needs to be a more definite relation to what a "good post" is. Unless that's Mod only stuff and you already have. 'Cause that's the main basis for power in this place. Good RP.

GM:What, if any, ideas for future story arcs/plot events do you have?

LR: Character-wise, i'm keeping that until i've fleshed it out. But for the whole board there has to be continuous events, within the same story. Like, not having all the players do the same thing, but different, interconnected events at different places/times.

GM: What, if any, system changes or additions do you have?

LR: As long as I can have my Bugman Lagann, i'm just peachy. : D

GM: What, if any, are your biggest problems with the site as is?

LR: The fact that I can't access it when my net dies. D :<

GM: What, if any, changes would you make to the layout of the forums?

LR: I can see it fine, unlike Makai. That darn red makes my eyes sting. If anything, you should focus on that. Have a whole chain of RP forums under one name. Like, "The Awsome" or something.

GM: And lastly, roughly how long have you been with us?

LR: Since Chaos. You should all know me as the Kirby Maistro and GreenBold by now. So come to the store once in a while! I need more customers! >: D
* Who/what is the RE:RN community?
I always thought it was everybody that contributed regularly that or the people in the chat heheh, but the former is my true answer.

* Who/what kind of people are we aiming our site towards?
People that would like Mega man of course, and a wide community.
* How long will we last?
Non Applicable - I'm not sure
* Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP?
Theoretically we are all RPing our stories-- each store, each weird moment, each pain Polonius endures, its all part of the story, to restrict it would be wrong, WRONG!
* Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care?
I'm good with what we have here, it forces us to improve.
* What are the biggest problems we have that we need to fix?
Biggest problems? Mods not looking at what the member's feedback-- I.E. Free Villains, new Virus Contests.
* What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see implement?
Navi design contests, like Capcom has probably.
* What, if any, changes to the power structure would you make?
None
* What, if any, ideas for future story arcs/plot events do you have?
I don't know, a Wilyversery? Kidding but maybe something school oriented that will Have Polo teach a class to students. Then there's the Virus one that shall be kept secret...
* What, if any, system changes or additions do you have?
None, for now anyways~
* What, if any, are your biggest problems with the site as is?
None
* What, if any, changes would you make to the layout of the forums?
None
* And lastly, roughly how long have you been with us?
About a year
Guess I'll do this too.

A bunch of people interested in RPing their characters in the universe of the Megaman Battle Network games. Besides this, we're just a bunch of friends with similar interests.

People who'd want to RP characters in a Megaman Battle Network universe.

* How long will we last?
Until the fat lady sings.

* Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP?
Losing interest in the grinding system is too easy. Way too easy. Something with a bit of story and less grinding, but similar rewards, would be appreciated.

* Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care?
I, personally, don't give a damn. It's not my right to change someone's way of typing. But I'm not a person to decide on someone's fate in a thread. Moderators are.

The growing amount of people whose interest decreases for the RPing section of our forum. Oh, and events that take too much goddamn time.

* What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see implement?
Grinding isn't fun, but it's part of a MMORPG and this is pretty much an MMORPG. It's part of it. But that doesn't mean you can't make it fun. Some more story and more interaction with enemies, maybe random allies in topics. It's not like the members' Navis are the ONLY Navis around.

Shuryou always wins. That'd be a neat rule.

Plenty. Way too many, perhaps. But we've already got a pretty determined path set for us. We can't add random things to it suddenly without opening up gigantic plotholes.

Excuse me, but don't we already have ENOUGH additions by now? As for changes, now the multiple Navi system broke through (finally) I doubt there's a lot of need for the multiple pets.

The fact women push me away when I try to hit on them. I'm pretty much used to the rest. But the Shuryou needs some love! ;~;

It's fine as it is. Don't change what works.

I'm RERN's disease. It caught me and it can't get rid of me. Everyone knows the Shuryou.
*catches The Shuryou*

Oh god! I have an overwhelming urge to read non-descript manga!
Q: Who/what is the RE:RN community?

A: A bunch of really cool guys. XD

Q: Who/what kind of people are we aiming our site towards?

A: I dunno. People that like to write and can spell OK.

Q: How long will we last?

A: Hopefully forever!

Q: Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP?

A: It'd be nice to have a bit more plot every once in a while. It's something nice that improves the overall RP.

Q: Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care?

A: Both. Don't not care. It's bad. DO BOTH. :0

Q: What are the biggest problems we have that we need to fix?

A: Elitism. :'D

Q: What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see implemented?

A: Hehe. Corrected. And, er, I dunno. I really don't.

Q: What, if any, changes to the power structure would you make?

A: Power structure? O_o

Q: What, if any, ideas for future story arcs/plot events do you have?

A: PM me. :'D [joking. I'll PM YOU later. XD]

Q: What, if any, system changes or additions do you have?

A: None whatsoever. KEEP IT D:<

Q: What, if any, are your biggest problems with the site as is?

A:I really think we need two things.
1) More members
2) More mods... or, at least, more active mods. I realized that there are only really three or so active mods, and even THEY have to have some time off. It'd be nice to have (more) frequent modding, as hard as our current ones try.

Q: What, if any, changes would you make to the layout of the forums?

A: I liked it how it was before. :'D

Q: And lastly, roughly how long have you been with us?

A: Erm... I was on RE:CN for all of four days. I've been with RE:RN since the very beginning.

freinds who hang out and tell their stories about what life would be like in this world. like FF.net, only without the wierd shipings and marysues.

Offically I find it's more 'game' oriented than most RP sites(one of the reasons I like it), so alot of people who just like to write stories are dissapointed. we should try to advertise to some actual table top gaming sites, like white wolf, instead of...

I'm failing, shutting up!
* How long will we last?

till everyone gets bored and leaves, or until another old mod comes back and has a hissy fit again. whichever first, but neither seems to be coming soon.

visa vis, I would like the personal plot level requirement dropped, and maybe an option that once you've been here(and productive)for long enough, you could suggest plots. but other than that, I'm cool...

I choose 3, so don't care. Plus, my only boss battle was cut short, so I can't say...

I don't see nothin' much. just personally, I see too many 'power houses' in sig style(just doing straight damage for the most part, nothing really creative on defense), but aside from that, I don't...

oh, and I'd like to see the modcave discussions of our sig/regular suggestions in the threads we can see, we never know if you just put that there to get us to shut up(in b4 Mod going "yes we did now shut up")

don't play enough megaman.exe to know, but agree that those chips that fuse navi and op are out of the question.

although, if he's not taken away, I'd like to confess that imp has slowly changed into a 'pet' for void. perhaps this should be discussed...

peons, that's us, the non mods, to have training on rp request, and that EJO is a good way to tell us that it's needed. so far only mods in training get rp pointers, and on chaos we used to have anyone(or at least I got some) training.

I have Void's CotA vs DoN in the works, but nothing specail that every one could do...

welll... there is one about how instead of the bad guys being actually evil, they are just raiding the net. kind of like habbo on martan luther king day, if you get my drift. no evil, just realllllllyyy bored...

you'd know they'd do that if they were here...

see comment on imp and pets

little slow, but still ok, considering what you're doing back there...

NO! i wasn't ready for the last one!!!

12,980,600,782.8 internet years. or 2 human years.
* Who/what is the RE:RN community?[/b]
The RERN Community is the people that populate and participate, nothing more, nothing less.
The more literate people, I'd assume. Or the creative, as not everyone who has a fount of creativity can nessecarily show their work in writing form.
* How long will we last?
As long as it needs to.
I'd prefer something more plot driven, but with the way it currently is, having everything you do have subtle impacts on the plot as a whole (if it even has one) would be frighteningly difficult to do in practice.
Combination of the two, with more emphasis on reward than punishments.
A GLARING lack of mods to mod things. As it is, RERN is extremely mod dependant, but has mods that are either too lazy, or too busy to do their work, leading to long waits, or are too busy with other things to do the other things they do which leads to dissatisfied members. Also, to a lesser extent the members seem to drift in and out of gross inactivity and a flurry of activity, but that's more of their problem than as a whole.
See above, if that even counts. As far as I'm concerned at the moment, the RPG is fine as it is.
Needs clarification. Although if this means what I think it means, then I'd elect more mods as I feel that RERN doesn't have enough to keep a steady flow of activity.
I have a few, although I'm not too willing to submit them. One of them involves a militant organization bent on Server Computer domination and another requires the reentrance of Bass, who has absorbed more than what's healthy for the Net as a whole and becomes what I'd like to nickname "The Dark Harbinger of Despair - Bass Megiddo"
I got nothing. I'm content.
Mod inactivity, mostly.
The massive redirects to the Internet City are unimportant, in my opinion. The Undernet Board should be hidden to everyone unless certain conditions are met, at which point a mask would be added to the person's account, allowing them to access the Undernet. But it's just me beign picky.
A bit more than four months.
Just a comment...
In case you didn't see the pattern:
LR: The speed of roleplay. Ack! De-Ja-Vu!

Shur: The growing amount of people whose interest decreases for the RPing section of our forum. Oh, and events that take too much goddamn time.

Me: 2) More mods... or, at least, more active mods. I realized that there are only really three or so active mods, and even THEY have to have some time off. It'd be nice to have (more) frequent modding, as hard as our current ones try.

KL: A GLARING lack of mods to mod things. As it is, RERN is extremely mod dependant, but has mods that are either too lazy, or too busy to do their work, leading to long waits, or are too busy with other things to do the other things they do which leads to dissatisfied members. Also, to a lesser extent the members seem to drift in and out of gross inactivity and a flurry of activity, but that's more of their problem than as a whole.

Is that something most people can agree upon?
(as biggest problem)
Who/what is the RE:RN community? A place that I think of most when I don't like my other sites. >.<

Who/what kind of people are we aiming our site towards? Teh internetz as a whole.

How long will we last? More than 5 years without too much power changes or power-hungry dictators.

Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP? I like a combination...

Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care? A combination.

What are the biggest problems we have that we need to fix? That battles seem to go unmoderated a lot...

What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see implement? I dunno...

What, if any, changes to the power structure would you make? None.

What, if any, ideas for future story arcs/plot events do you have? Duo's race? I myself made one up but it'd take too long...

What, if any, system changes or additions do you have? Non.e

What, if any, are your biggest problems with the site as is? Not enough battle mods or they get a bit lazy...

What, if any, changes would you make to the layout of the forums? Add a few more RW areas.

And lastly, roughly how long have you been with us? Around a year now I've lurked?
Who/what is the RE:RN community?
It is a very decent place to come and RP, or just to have somewere to go after a tough day on the internet.

Who/what kind of people are we aiming our site towards?
People who RP and like the theme we are RPing with

How long will we last?
Hopefully it will stay up until the end of the world/internet, whichever comes first

Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP?
I really dont care, as long as there is some plot to it. Developing characters to a plot would allow me to sharpen my RP (as Im used to making it all up myself)

Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care?
I would like a combonation of both, as long as it is based on the person's known RP capability instead of just "what looks nice" or "what looks n00bish"

What are the biggest problems we have that we need to fix?
I haven't RP'd seriously yet, so I cannot say

What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see
implement?

I dont see anything lacking, I just want more

What, if any, changes to the power structure would you make?
Again, Havent RP'd enough to tell

What, if any, ideas for future story arcs/plot events do you have?
Some new form of program on the constant everyday navi/virus war. One that holds its own faction, so it is now navi/virus/new thing wars on an everyday basis

What, if any, system changes or additions do you have?
Its longer than this questionair, and most of them suck. Dont mind me

What, if any, are your biggest problems with the site as is?
How it seems you HAVE to RP to be accepted in the social portion of the site

What, if any, changes would you make to the layout of the forums?
more yellow

And lastly, roughly how long have you been with us?
I was on a month or two before CN died. I was an addict by day 3
Who/what is the RE:RN community?
A group of people that has gathered over numerous years for many reasons and formed a surprisingly robust community. Its focus is RP.

Who/what kind of people are we aiming our site towards?
Presumably the 13-21 demographic, as that is what we get the most of.

How long will we last?
I would expect it to last, perhaps another 5 years. It may last longer but most certainly not in its current form.

Do you prefer the current grinding system, or would you prefer a more plot driven RP?
Those of us who try are able to find missions rather than grind. It has its own disadvantages though and I would not want to force anyone into it.

Would you prefer that RP quality is positively reinforced (better reward for better RP), negatively reinforced (bad RP merits harsher results), a combination of the two (similar to the current system), or should we not care?
RP has definitely been positively reinforced by something, RP benefits definitely help at the very least.

What are the biggest problems we have that we need to fix?
A tendency for things to be put off more and more as more complicated situations arise, where more people begin waiting on more people to the extent that after a point everything has come crashing to a halt and things need to be repaired. If I recall correctly this has happened several times.

What are the most important features we lack that you would like to see implement?
Ability to make a mark in the world.

What, if any, changes to the power structure would you make?
It has reached its own precarious balance... perhaps having Eon have less instantiations authority at his command.

What, if any, ideas for future story arcs/plot events do you have?
None that will be said here, but I support fully a continuation in the direction they are headed.

What, if any, system changes or additions do you have?
I've said it all before and quite a bit. Store prices are generally too high and do not represent something's quality. In addition, many insignificant things.

What, if any, are your biggest problems with the site as is?
Already asked and answered.

What, if any, changes would you make to the layout of the forums?
No preferred changes...

And lastly, roughly how long have you been with us?
Since level 6 was high on RECN. Whenever that was.