Seasonal Place

Some RPs and sites do seasonal things where for a holiday they put up something to do with it and get their users to meet eachother and go for prisez. I know were doing a virus making thing for this time of teh year but how about something else. I say we celebrate Holloween with something that we can rp as well. I was thinking...

The haunted Chip Shop!!! OOOooooOoOooo

This is how the legend goes...

Long long ago...a famous chip trader owned a small shop far down the road. It was a common chip shop it seemed...but it wasn't for long. The Trader found in his shop a strange chip in the storage room labeled, Haunted. Being a man that practically knew every chip, was stumbled on this finding and thought of it as rare. He put it for sale at the store for a high price...though little did he know HE would be the one to pay. The trader never knew what the chip did in the first place and that turned people away from buying it. Without knowing what it was or what it would do is not the best way to sell something so the trader stuffed it into his PET. Though instead of upgrading or giving a power to the navi, the chip began to bleed its opower from the pet into the whole shops computer system. It began to make things move and lights flash and throw things around. The chip trader, frightened, rushed out of the shop and immediately departed from the area. Permanently closed, many people attempted to go in and remake the old store into a new shop, but the shop would do the same thing every time...scaring them out. People stopped entering or trying to do anything with it...though net battlers whispered of that shop still. For it seemed that the old shop owner, so busy in his escape, never left with any of his great chips. All left in that haunted shop for eternity...unless...someone will find a way to get them.

I dunno. Sounded fun to me!
SO THEN WE JUMP IN WITH A DYNAMIC ENTRY AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF WHATEVER'S CAUSING THE PROBLEM?
Meh... I don't have the necessary authoritative power for implementing stuff like this. It's good, creative stuff.
Rare chips? Heck, I'll just bobie trap sombeody who got a buch of those and steal them....but seriously, Holiday events are cool and I aprove. Sidequests are part of any RPG, asn holday themed ones are part of and MMORPG. *Brauven thumbsup*
i say good idea......maybe once november dies out and december comes up......SANTA.EXE BITCHES! but ya, good idea.

Quote (darkstar1006)

i say good idea......maybe once november dies out and december comes up......SANTA.EXE BITCHES! but ya, good idea.

And for those of the Judiatic faiths, Menora.exe, and Kwanza will have Kwanzika.exe, and Wicans will require WHATEVERREPRESENSTSTHEWINTERSOLSTICE.exe. YEah, I'd say avoid the religious holidays for PC reasons. New years should be fine though.
what if the chip that causes the disturbance ist'n a normal powerup?

what if it's a kind of virii bait, and when it's used, it attracts hoards of them, causing the system to malfunction?

a group of navi's could go in, fight the huge number of virii, destroy the bate, and then claim the spoils...

Quote (Zolem)

Quote (darkstar1006)

And for those of the Judiatic faiths, Menora.exe, and Kwanza will have Kwanzika.exe, and Wicans will require WHATEVERREPRESENSTSTHEWINTERSOLSTICE.exe. Yeah, I'd say avoid the religious holidays for PC reasons. New years should be fine though.

Sorry, but thats fail ^^;

Only for this reason.

Santa is something that people attached to Christmas, not religion. St. Nick was a cooky old dude with a good heart who made stuff to make people happy. No reason there for him to be strictly a one holiday man.

And to be honest, if someone really had THAT big a deal with a fictional character that represents kindness and goodwill, they could go fuck themself be a loser die silently protest by not being in the event.

And anyways... that name for the wican navi is WAY too long, sheesh.
It was a test name. And Santa Clause means Sait Clause, or St. Nicholas, or Turkish sait from the 16th century, who was famous for his generosity.
I seem to recall he originated as "Sinterklaas" in the Netherlands or somewhere similar. His sleigh was pulled by slaves. Those damn English, in their efforts to assimilate the world, just made it English-er.

And Shur'll probably smack me for getting my facts wrong.

(As your resident Muslim, I'd have no problem with a Santa. If anyone's offended by a common holiday symbol, they're just living for drama, as I see it.)
The comment about the name was sarcasm. I hope someone realized that T_T

The other points still stand though.

Quote (Gearpunk)

I seem to recall he originated as "Sinterklaas" in the Netherlands or somewhere similar. His sleigh was pulled by slaves. Those damn English, in their efforts to assimilate the world, just made it English-er.

And Shur'll probably smack me for getting my facts wrong.

Actually... You're pretty correct. He's called 'Sinterklaas' here, BUT we also have a Santa Claus that we call 'Kerstman'. Christmas here is 'Kerstmis'. So technically we're not so greedy and give gifts twice a year in December. Sinterklaas is 5 December while 'Kerstmis' is the 25th.

Also.. Yes. Sinterklaas has helpers, lots of them, that are all BLACK. Translated to English, we call them 'Black Petes'. And yeah, they're slaves. In public they're never depicted as slaves, but they actually are.
Liek the Christmas elves that work for the Jolly Red Roof Lurker.
GUYS!!!! STAY ON TOPIC!!!
We are on topic. Discussing holiday themed events, and discusing the PC implications.
NO YOU ARE NOT! Any mod can see you using this to chat about Christmas instead of saying that the Halloween event is good or bad.
I already voted yes for that. We coul populte it with our Haloween contest viri and make it a play test area........alhtough level should be kept in mind for the encounters.
i defenately love the idea. i just hope that we have more like it should this be put into the RP as an event or something.
this may be really unbalanced, or just plain dumb (feel free to fail me for this)...

but mabey on a players birthay/christamas they could get a bonus chip/item/zenny as a present...

I dunno...
Hey, we could have the great red ape force the space elves to make toys out of rocks, sticks and poop...

On a more serious note, holiday mini events would be an interesting idea.
Zan...I am this close to ripping your head off....all of you seem to not get the thing with this thread....