Roy's 3D Workshop / Gallery

Gallery of my RERN 3D work (viruses/characters) and placeholder for commissions.

--WORKSHOP--

In the works:

Amity.EXE - Idle
DragonierMan.EXE - Idle / Dragon Transformation

Trumpy - Horn Music Attack
Billy - Idle
Cactikil - Idle
Shrimpy - Idle

--GALLERY--

Mettaur - Idle / Pickaxe Attack / Helmet Hide

Champy - Idle + Powie - Idle / Leap Movement / Crush Attack

Champy - Windup Punch

Powie smaaaash!

I was also wondering, it looks like the Metool has shading in the top picture it doesn't have in the next successive. I wonder why that is?
You made these yourself? Much respect. :)
Pretty cute ^.^
Very well done.

What are we talking about with commissions? What can be requested? What price are we talking about?

Like say I would want my navi DragonierMan (each separately):
* Flapping with dragon wings.
* Doing an attack with a sword.
* Doing a transformation into a dragon similar to how Ryu transforms from Breath of Fire 3.

What would the cost be on any of those (assuming they are doable).
@Aim : The metool gif was recorded before I found a shader that I liked, so it's using the Unity default.

@Rogan + SJ: Cheers! :'D That means a lot to me.

@Azure : In time, I want to create the navis from this site and have them act out in my 3D version of a MMBN game, but as of yet I'm still struggling with getting human models looking good. As for commissions, I would make models for you but I might ask for some zenny depending on how complicated they are. For your examples, a model of DragonierMan may be around 1000 or so zenny. Then I'm thinking any animations afterwords would be less expensive. Honestly, prices will fluctuate based on my time/skill. Nevermind, that's not allowed. :'V I'll just plug my Patreon instead. If you like what I make, throw me a dollar or something.

An idle flap and sword attack shouldn't be much of a problem. Your transformation (if this is what you're talking about) would be pretty simple, because it's just swapping out the model during the blackout, but then that dragon would be a separate model entirely.

Ideally, I'd ask you to provide front/side artwork if you're able, but otherwise I'd do my best from your descriptions.

If anyone would like to volunteer, I may wave the cost as a practice model. :'P
> If anyone would like to volunteer, I may wave the cost as a practice model. :'P

If you mean for a demo, would the image in my sig card be enough for you? That stance was for ease of drawing, but as the bio mentions, the sleeves droop and cover her hands, so in a normal pose her arms would be by her side with no visible hands.

You could easily extrapolate the side and back from that image, given the long hair covers any major features on the back, and the side would be pretty easy to image as well. My only disappointment in my image is that I can't help but feel her legs should be slightly longer, but the body proportions to other female navi references seems to be onpoint, so I don't know. :/

Totally up to you. There are definitely more interesting options available in this arena. If you did want to use Amity, and wanted extra info, just let me know. :)
@sj The picture is doable, though it's pretty much the minimum of what I can use, simply because of its size. I took a look at Amity's bio to get the general idea of her design. Correct me if I'm wrong on any point.

Amity has:
-A passive, destruction averse personality
-Softly decompiling clouds as weapons (though that may just be the charge attack). I get the impression she's a 'spell caster' archetype who uses her dress as a conduit
-A slightly shorter stature than NormalNavi
-Distinctly large eyes
-Ears
-Hidden antennae
-Shin-length cyan dress with long sleeves that droop past the hand
-Long, straight lilac hair that runs down to her waist
-Her core is on her head like a hair-clasp (the large icon above the character, right?)

If you have any preferences with how she would stand/fidget, that'd help too.
@von-dare said in [Roy's 3D Workshop / Gallery](/post/141917):
> @sj The picture is doable, though it's pretty much the minimum of what I can use, simply because of its size. I took a look at Amity's bio to get the general idea of her design. Correct me if I'm wrong on any point.
>
> Amity has:
> -A passive, destruction averse personality
~~~ Spot on. Will add more as time goes on, but ideally she’s a bubbly personality with those she values, and is semi-aloof, semi-wary of those whose intentions she doubts (not to be confused with ‘doesn’t like’.)
> -Softly decompiling clouds as weapons (though that may just be the charge attack). I get the impression she's a 'spell caster' archetype who uses her dress as a conduit
~~~ I can see how you’d make that conclusion with the current sig attack list, but it’ll be more gel-based shot-type attacks originating from disruptor systems hidden by the dress, which will become much more noticeable once I can start upgrading her. The dress handles most defensive mechanisms, while the buster clouds are kinda representing that the buster is just a weakened version of her battle-gel systems. Again, this becomes even more obvious once her SPs become reactivated. Spot-on for the decompiling; really trying to sink the point home that she is very adverse to actual virus deletion.
> -A slightly shorter stature than NormalNavi
~~~ Probably leaning more towards noticeably than slightly. XD
> -Distinctly large eyes
~~~ Yes. Definitely.
> -Ears
~~~ Purposefully hidden underneath her hair, but otherwise they would just look like standard human ears. Future .GMOs cover them altogether with alternate-colour versions of her emblem, but that’s not the case for her normal look.
> -Hidden antennae
~~~ Yes. You probably don’t need to worry about that though, that was more for RP purposes than any battle mechanics.
> -Shin-length cyan dress with long sleeves that droop past the hand
~~~ Yes. The sleeves are slightly wider than her arms which cause them to droop as well; think yukata. Actually, that probably helps for a number of style points. :) The arms and dress all end in layered white frills, but that may be too hard to draw accurately (I know it was for me...)
> -Long, straight lilac hair that runs down to her waist
~~~ Violet. If it says lilac anywhere in the profile still, apologies for that. Anything listed as lilac should have been violet, I just don’t know my purples well.
> -Her core is on her head like a hair-clasp (the large icon above the character, right?)
~~~ Her core is the emblem on her chest, which displays a flat repesentation of the same flower that sits atop her head. You are correct, the sig card has the emblem in full zoom above her sprite, and the flower is basically the same thing, just a 3D flower in cyan and white, worn like you would expect in real-life like a hair-clip. If you want the actual shape design, think blue lobelia; that’s what it’s loosely based off of.
> If you have any preferences with how she would stand/fidget, that'd help too.
~~~ In my head she always stands with a slight slump and a nervous twitch due to a small inferiority complex caused by her height and her general distrust to everybody in general. She’s not a very confident Navi overall, but in moments of success and triumph the old bubbly personality shines though (she doesn’t understand where that comes from... yet.)

Hope this helps, I would have done the sig pic bigger, but I didn’t want it to be an eyesore in the forum. :/
Also, if you’re looking for more detailed colouring, the GMO I submitted contains all the RGBs of the normal colouring as well.

EDIT: on a side-note, don’t worry about the slits in the dress either. It will come out as the story progresses, but those are how her SPs interact with her to form one moving unit.

EDIT 2: now I get what you mean about the flower; updated accordingly.
Oops. I missed the core on her dress. :'D

Okay, I think I can begin with the modeling. It's going to take a while 'cause I'll be trying to sort things out, but I'll try to get back with something worthwhile. This is going to be practice for me, so bare with me as I tackle some teething problems. And I doubt it'll be in realistic proportions, I'm aiming for the Battlefield scale from the games (you can see in the gifs above).

Thanks for being my guinea pig. :'D
No problem at all; in fact, I’m the one who should be thanking you. :)

I’m sure whatever you make will look good, and will definitely be better than anything I could make. XD
@Sj I'll begin modeling Amity soon, but if I may ask a little more of you, would you be able to find a picture on the internet that more-or-less resembles Amity's dress? I get the long sleeves part and I'll add that into whatever you find, but it'll give the jumpstart I need to get going.

@Azureink

Okay, let me pin this guy down and make sure I've got his whole deal.

DragonierMan:
-Is highly destructive, relentlessly pursuing his enemies to their often violent ends.
-An aggressive melee fighter, though is proficient with melee weapons and can breath fire.
-Can be described as half-virus, a state that causes violent mood swings which he tempers with his original strict moral code.
-Is vengeful, honouring strength and despising cowards.
-Wears steel-grey, heavy plate armour resembling dragon scales. Armour is worn over chainmail, a pale grey cloak and a tabard(scapula) depicting his core and emblem. Helmet and gauntlets also have dragon themes.
-Skin only visible when visor is up.
-Can transform into a much larger monochrome dragon form (GMO).
-Is accompanied by three bruiser support programs.
From the waist down:
https://www.zalora.com.ph/fatima-beltran-clothing-line-long-gown-blue-955978.html
Something like that, although it doesn’t quite drag as much at the bottom.
If it was solid material, the chest would be right too. And yeah, we already talked about the yukata-like overhang on the sleeves.

In terms of the frills, this is the best I can see for a crude idea:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Highly-Confidential-Size-12-grey-Tunic-dress-with-frills-at-hem-3-4-sleeve-/183049592026
Amity’s dress is quad-lined in the same approximate distance at both the ends of the dress hem and the arms, but with the accented colour (white) instead of the main colour (cyan). Hopefully the sprite can add further explanation to what I mean in line with that pic and those words.
Cheers! Hopefully I won't need much more from you. (^-^)b
@von-dare said in [Roy's 3D Workshop / Gallery](/post/141962):
> Cheers! Hopefully I won't need much more from you. (^-^)b

Too bad for me if you do; just let me know. :)

Quote (Von Dare)

> @Azureink
>
> Okay, let me pin this guy down and make sure I've got his whole deal.
>
> DragonierMan:
> -Is highly destructive, relentlessly pursuing his enemies to their often violent ends.
> -An aggressive melee fighter, though is proficient with melee weapons and can breath fire.
> -Can be described as half-virus, a state that causes violent mood swings which he tempers with his original strict moral code.
> -Is vengeful, honouring strength and despising cowards.
> -Wears steel-grey, heavy plate armour resembling dragon scales. Armour is worn over chainmail, a pale grey cloak and a tabard(scapula) depicting his core and emblem. Helmet and gauntlets also have dragon themes.
> -Skin only visible when visor is up.
> -Can transform into a much larger monochrome dragon form (GMO).
> -Is accompanied by three bruiser support programs.

Sure. Though DragonierMan is Null Element and thus technically breathes null energy (whatever that means, maybe lasers or energy bullets) as a default. He has a folder of various elemental dragons/breath weapons/multi-target ranged attacks to go with his melee/sword chips.
Though I'm not sure how the support programs factor into this, unless you plan on putting them in later (which I am not opposed to doing that at a later date, but let's focus on one thing at a time).
The support programs are Magistrate, Suzume, and Aya. Suzume and Aya are twin sisters who started out as ninja/assassins (Shadow Subtype). Eventually all were "upgraded" to be similar knights (Team Subtype).

@Sj Here's what I got so far. Faces are still a struggle for me, but I hope it gets across what I was going for. The eyebrows make her look angry, and that's more from the hair than anything, but I'll be giving it a few tweaks. Let me know if there's anything glaringly wrong with this model and I can get it changed before I start rigging.
Wow. Major props, that’s astounding. :D

Any criticism I have to offer is probably less a statement about your skills and more about my lack of clarity in her design, so on that note, let me add to the design notes now:

* The flower on her head does not have two lines in the centre like her emblem does.
* In my head, the dress normally sits closer to the ground and hides more of her boots, leaving only about an inch or two visible.
* If you’re looking for references for the eyes, please check out this link: https://pin.it/kiy444luafjm5s
As you can see there, there is a very subtle transition between iris and pupil. The same is true of Amity’s eyes, they transition from blue to a slightly darker blue. It was too hard to do in sprite form so I gave up trying, but you have the opportunity to succeed where I failed. :)
* In terms of the shape of the eyes and eyebrows, I feel that the eyes themselves are too tall from top to bottom. Again, if you look at that picture above, the eyes generally are twice as wide as they are tall (not always, but definitely in this case since they are supposed to look like large human eyes). In regards to the ‘angry’ look, I think that’s because she doesn’t have eyelashes. If you were to apply a heavy line on the upper section of the eyes, and distance the eyebrows from the eyes themselves, it would soften the expression. If you need to distance the fringe from the top of the eyes slightly to get that extra room, by all means do so. Also, the slightest of curves on the left and right thirds of the mouth will also soften the tone to a mild nervousness.
* Last of all, the forehead may be a tad too large. Again, I may be generalising here, but in most cases a human-like head will have eyes around the centre from top to bottom. If that’s true in this case then the forehead does need to shrink.

Everything else is on point. Please don’t take anything I said above as criticism, I’m just sharing what I’ve learnt as an artist. That doesn’t necessarily make anything I said above right. :)

Again, if you have any questions please let me know. :)

@Sj Not sure about you, but I think the face looks vastly better than before, even just from flattening the height of the eyes. Thank you so much for the feedback <3.
@von-dare couldn’t agree more. Again; astounding and outstanding. :D