The Search

The military navi appeared on the Netvegas network. "Alright... you just want me to look around, correct?" She asked her netop, her hand on the side of her visor headset. "Look for entertainment locations? Non gambling entertainment? Er... nightly entertainment? You sure about that? ...alright, I'll look for information on those establishments then." She said, sighing at the end before walking through the network, looking for the information.

((Battle 1))
Landing in the NetVegas network, it was difficult to tell whether Arc had gone into the gamblers' heaven network, or a sunny Beach Street network. Of course, a good look around revealed that she had stumbled upon a beach-styled area, advertising a resort in the area. Walking on its carefully-constructed sand paneling, it wasn't long before Arc found some viruses inside the area; some Momogra greeted her with their shovels brandished and ready, raring for a fight.

-- ENEMIES --
Momogra A: 60 HP (Sand)
Momogra B: 60 HP (Sand)
Momogra C: 60 HP (Sand)

-- NAVIGATOR --
Второй_Arc.EXE: 120 HP (Sand)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Random (Currently 50% Sand, 50% Sea)

-- BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
Sea panels... the navi though, looking at the sea to her side as she walked along the sand. Arc never liked those kinds of panels, they always hurt being in or on them. The fact that they were here both annoyed and worried Arc, since there presences might be foreshadowing the kind of viruses she might be finding here. With quick glances, she concluded she would not find the information she needed here, but before she could get out of that part of the network, she ran into some momogras.

"Hostiles, requesting chip data!" Arc said, her weapon materializing in her hands. "What? A bunch of moles with shovels and a mustache?" her netop asked, looking at the PET screen. "Man, foreign viruses sure look odd, uh. Well, I'm going to send you a bunch of Energybombs, try to make each on count." Vik told her navi, slotting in three identical chips into the PET.

"Affirmative." The navi responded, aiming her weapon towards the moles in general, the chip data being processed. The grenade launcher attachment to her weapon loaded the first of the three chips, and will load the next in line after one had left its barrel. She quickly aimed her weapon at each mole before firing each of the explosives. Each shot of the launcher intending to catch the most in the blast. Unfortunately for the moles, in Arc's hands the blast from each of the bombs is larger than in the hands of most navis, and with three of them heading their way. Well, there is a good chance that even if they survived, Arc would just have a quick cleanup to do.

((1 Energybomb Momogra A: 3 hits of 40+blast2
2 Energybomb Momogra B: 3 hits of 40+blast2
3 Energybomb Momogra C: 3 hits of 40+blast2))
Faced with some surly subterranean suckers, Arc launched a trio of high explosives at the viruses. Apparently it had been a bad idea to line up so close together.

Arc watched as the flickering blue explosions neatly ended the battle.

-- ENEMIES --
Momogra A: DELETED
Momogra B: DELETED
Momogra C: DELETED

-- TERRAIN --
100% Random (Currently 50% Sand, 50% Sea)

BATTLE 1 OTKO COMPLETE!

-- NAVIGATOR --
Второй_Arc.EXE: 120 HP (Sand)

Rewards:
500z

"Hostiles eliminated." The navi said, putting herself at ease once the viruses were destroyed. She gathered the leftover data from the battle, and continued her search for information, making sure to keep herself away from the sea panels.

((Battle 2))
Arc rouletted her way across the network, dazzled by the ever-changing types of panels beneath her feet.

...but she seemed to have crossed a laser-trip wire, prompting a KillerEye to blast a full laser shot at Arc, right as the panels below her turned to Ice, enabling her to luckily slip...

...right into the path of two Heavys, with a Fishy coming from her backside.

Oh boy.

-ENEMIES-
KillerEye: 100 HP (Side) (Metal)
HeavyA: 75 HP (Ahead) (Ice)
HeavyB: 75 HP (Ahead) (Ice)
Fishy: 90 HP (Behind)

-Terrain-
100% Random (currently 25% Ice, 40% Metal, 35% Grass)

-NAVI-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 120 HP (Ice)

-BATTLE 2-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-
"I am not having much luck so far." Arc told her netop, her hand on the side of the headset and walking around. "I havn't seen anything that had any kind of information, aside from that resort place you somehow managed to start me at." The fact that she can't seem to find any information is annoying her, and these... panels are getting on her nerves as well. While them changing are kind of neat... it also annoyed and worried the navi quite a bit. The fact that things could suddenly change into sea mid step, that thought didn't settle well with Arc.

"Well, maybe we just don't know how to find things in this network." Vik responded. "maybe there is something that we are missing here..."

"Maybe..." Arc said, looking at her surroundings while she walked.

Suddenly, Arc tripped some kind of laser and an attack was suddenly heading her way. Without any warning, the ground changed to ice, and she managed to slide out of harms way... but towards a duo of dumbbells.

Guess Arc should be thankful for the randomizing panels.

Ice terrain, Arc always found this terrain to be much more fun then the sea. All that sliding around made it harder to be hit, at the tradeoff of having a harder time aiming. She would rather that over the harmful properties of water. With that eye over there and her lack of good aiming thanks to the terrain, Arc decided to get off the ice for the moment and onto the metal, a step up in conditions.

"Vik, send me an energybomb. I'm going to try and take something out in a single blow." Arc informed her netop, shifting her body weight to the side in an attempt to change her projectory from towards the dumbbells to the metal terrain. She was hoping that this would grant her some control while on the ice, and that she would be able to keep her balance while doing this well enough to make it to the terrain well enough. Of course, that eye uses some kind of trip laser or something, so hopefully she will be able to avoid it while moving to the metal. And if it turns out it would be in her path, maybe she could jump over it without too great of a problem.

Once she managed to get onto the metal and away from the eye, even if she had to crawl there somehow, she received the chip from her netop. "Let me guess, you are aiming for that eye first?" She asked her navi, the chip data being sent to her weapon's launcher mod. "That's the plan." She said softly, the energybomb now in the launcher. She aimed her weapon right at the eye, but with a moment's notice, she tilted the gun a bit. She tilted it just enough that the bomb's projectery would be aimed at the panel under the virus and not the virus itself. With any luck, that should make sure the bomb lands close enough so the virus is caught in the blast.

((1 Get off Ice onto metal, a few panels away from the killer eye
2 Take Aim
3 Energybomb killerEye : 40x3 blast 2
Arc slid over to the KillerEye, and tossed some ordinance at it, resulting in a severe decrease in the feeling she was being watched. Unfortunately, the Fishy used the chance to ram her, right in the back. Ow. At least the Heavy were content enough to just lazily move from side to side.

The Grass terrain, oddly enough, began to grow wildly, covering more of the battlefield in it...

-ENEMIES-
KillerEye: DELETED
HeavyB: 75 HP (Ahead) (Grass)
Fishy: 90 HP (Ahead) (Grass)

-Terrain-
100% Random (currently 20% Ice, 25% Metal, 55% Grass)

-NAVI-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 105 HP (Grass)
The good news was Arc managed to take out a virus that had an elemental advantage with the terrain, the bad news however was there were still three more viruses and one of them managed to ram her in the back.

"Are you ok?" Viktoria asked, in response to the attack. "It didn't bang you up too bad did it?"

"It did some damage, but not enough to warrant a patch." Arc responded, regaining her balance after being rammed. She took the magazine from her AKM, and the ammunition dematerialized in her hand. "Vik, I suggest you get a guard chip ready." Arc said, a nearly identical magazine appearing in her hand which she loaded into her gun. "Cause I don't think the fishy will be too happy with what I am about to do." She added, once the magazine was loaded and the weapon ready to fire. She aimed the gun right at the missnamed virus, and pulled the trigger once the virus was in her sights. Bullets roared trough the air, the hottest ammunition that virus had probably seen flying right in it's direction. Part way trough the fire, the type of ammo in the magazine changed, to be something that was a bit more normal.

One all the ammo was spent, Arc took one of her hands off the weapon, and a shield that looked a bit like a metool's helmet appeared beside her arm. She gripped it, and prepared herself incase something tried to attack her.

((1: Burst Fire: incendiary rounds Fishy: 8 hits of 5 fire
2: Burst Fire Fishy: 12 hits of 5
3: dodge))
((Seems you meant Guard as your last action, but since the dodge worked I'll just leave it that way.))

Recovering quickly from the Heavy's Fhisy's FISHY's attack, Arc reloaded her weapon and began peppering the Fishy with gunfire. Not all of the bullets made contact, but enough so that the virus had collapsed into junk data by the time the magazine was empty. She didn't have time to do much else though, dodging backwards as a Heavy appeared and flew through the spot she'd recently occupied.

-ENEMIES-
HeavyB: 75 HP (Ahead) (Grass)
Fishy: DELETED

-Terrain-

-NAVI-
One more down. Arc thought, lowering her weapon after the ammo was spent. She turned towards the Heavies and readied herself for when Viktoria slots in the guard. But then, the virus suddenly attack and the guard wasn't slot in. Reflexively, Arc jumped back, barely avoided the attack.

"Damn it Vik, I told you to get the guard ready!" Arc said, frustration in her tone. She aimed her weapon at the heavy that just tried to attack her and started to step back, away from the virus.

"Sorry Arc, It got there right when I was about to slot it in." the netop responded, putting the guard back into the pack and pulling out two identical chips. "Here, use these to finish them off. You should beable to get atleast one of them," She informed her navi, slotting in two energy bombs.

"Alright." Arc responded, tilting her gun down while the chips were processed, aiming at the panel the virus was on. The first of the bombs appeared in the launcher mod's chamber, and with a pull of the finger it fired the explosive. Quickly, Arc aimed the weapon at the other virus while the next energybomb materialized in the launcher. Once she had it aimed at the other virus, she pulled the trigger once more, and the last of her energy bombs was fired towards the virus.

((1Tactical move away from Heavy
2 Energybomb heavyB: 3x40 Blast2
3 Energybomb heavyA: 3x40 Blast2
Getting herself some distance from the Heavy viruses, Arc received a pair of powerful bombs from her op and prepared to attack. She shot both bombs in relatively quick succession, each one managing to at least clip its target and explode. The blasts were more than enough to finish off the viruses.

-ENEMIES-
HeavyA: DELETED
HeavyB: DELETED
Fishy: DELETED

-Terrain-

BATTLE 2 COMPLETE!

-NAVI-

Rewards:
Shake1
360z
The two dumbbells had been destroyed, and Arc surveyed the battle field. She gathered the data leftover from the viruses, and looked it over. "...Shake1?" Arc asked, looking at the chip's data.
"I can look and see if anyone wants it if you don't like it." Viktoriya said.
"Yea... that works for me." Arc said, getting her bearings and then traveling once more for the information she was looking for.

((Battle 3))
Continuing on through the awkward terrain of NetVegas, Arc eventually came across several ground-based viruses that were having some trouble navigating a large patch of ice terrain that had appeared under them. Before Arc could take advantage, the ice spread to her current location and left her reluctant to move for the moment. The other viruses were still somewhat preoccupied with the slippery ground, at least.

-SHOULDN'T TRY ICE SKATING-
BeetankA: 50 HP
BeetankB: 50 HP
DharmaA: 90 HP
DharmaB: 90 HP

Terrain:
100% Ice (Randomized, could change)

-ON THIN ICE-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 105 HP

BATTLE 3 START!
"Some viruses on ice..." Arc said quietly, coming across four viruses on a patch of ice. While she would like to just ignore them and head somewhere else to look for the information her netop wanted... They were in her path, and she had to go that way. If she could use her magbombs on them before they notice, she might beable to take them out with no problem. "Vik, the magbombs... slot them in, I'm going to try and ta-" Arc was telling her netop quietly, but stopped when she saw that the ice was starting to cover more panels, and soon she was standing on the growing ice.

"What is up with this place and it's changing terrain!" Arc said softly with aggravation in her tone. If the ice hadn't moved to her location, this would be much easier. But now, thanks to the ice terrain, Arc won't be doing her initial plan of blowing up the viruses with Magbombs. "Vik, change in plans, send me the shotgun and something else of your choosing." She told her netop, aiming her gun at the viruses.

"I hope you don't mind the other chip being a shotgun as well, I got it and some zenny in a trade for that shake1 we got earlier." Viktoriya told her navi, grabbing and slotting the two chips in.

"That works." Arc said, aiming at one of the Dharmas instead of the group in general. She pulled the trigger just once, and instead of a stream of bullets like one would expect from a AKM, a single shot was fired. This one shot was powerful enough to shred trough a virus and hit anything that was behind it. Arc adjusted her aim towards the second on, and pulled the trigger once more. This time was the same as the last time she fired, a single shot that could damage more then one virus.

Once she fired her two shots, Arc lowered her weapon and looked at the viruses much more carfully. She mentally prepared herself to move out of the way of any attack that could be heading her way.

((1 Shotgun DharmaA: 50 + Spread2
2 Shotgun DharmaB: 50 + Spread2
3 dodge))
Blasting some errant viruses with a few bursts of her shotgun shells, Arc only managed to land a glancing blow on one of the Dharma, with the other skating by without a hit. The Beetanks tried to rain down on the area with some of their bombs, but to no avail. The Dharma, meanwhile, were busy flailing about with their hockey pucks. Unfortunately, due to some random luck on their part, they were successful in hitting Arc once with their gigantic discs, dealing a pretty painful blow to her sides. (15)

After that, the ground beneath them shifted wildly, before rotating into a shiny glowing floor.

BeetankA: 50 HP
BeetankB: 50 HP
DharmaA: 40 HP

Terrain:
100% Solar (Randomized, could change)

-ON THIN ICE-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 90 HP
"Ok a patch might be worth it now." Arc said, after getting rammed in the side by a giant puck.

"Don't use the patch just yet, I think something is happening." Viktoriya told her navi, when something was happening to the panels. Arc just watched as the panels changed from ice to solar.

"Oh, right... panels change here...Atleast it didn't change to sea." Arc commented, aiming her gun at the viruses. "Vik, send me some ma-"

"Hey... I think I know the terrain you are on... Arc, I think wood chips are more effective on that terrain, so lets use that chip we got from Shamus." Vik interrupted, grabbing a rollinglog1 from her pack and slotting it in.

"Wait, by that chip you can't me-" Arc was saying, while the chip was being processed, she stopped one it had finished and lowered her gun with a look of disappointment on her face. "...Oh joy, it is that chip... I guess I better use it then." Arc said unestuesaticaly, pulling the trigger as her gun was lazily pointed towards the viruses. A giant wooden log appeared in front of Arc, and it spontaneously started to roll at the viruses. She pulled the trigger again, and a second log appeared and rolled out.

"You know, I am sure you can figure out some way to make it more.... interesting then that." Viktoriya said.

Arc snapped her fingers, and a program in her subroutines activated. Damaged bits of data started to be repaired, and the damage she had taken this fight and the previous started to vanish. "It's a chip... that summons rolling logs...And this will probably be the only time we will use it..."

((1 RollingLog1 Viruses: 50 wood + 50 terrain bonus + wideattack2 + Double action
2 RollingLog1 Viruses: 50 wood + 50 terrain bonus + wideattack2
3 Patch self: heal 30))
Throwing a couple of logs onto the field, the glowing panels reacted drastically to the Wood-elemental attack, increasing their damage output significantly. Three of the viruses met their demise as a result, with the survivor being one lonely Dharma. It tried to go on one last assault, and somehow got two hits out of its haphazard attacks. (15x2) It was nullified quickly by some patching on Arc's side, but it definitely stung quite a bit. (+30)

The floor rolled around a bit with its settings before settling on a nice warm setting. Maybe a bit too warm, but hey.

BeetankA: DELETED
BeetankB: DELETED
DharmaA: DELETED

Terrain:
100% Furnace (Randomized, could change)

-ON THIN ICE-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 90 HP
The logs worked well enough, taking out all but one virus. Unfortunately that virus managed to nail Arc twice, effectively negating her patch. "Why couldn't the log also hit that one?!" Arc rhetorically asked, placing her hand on the side where she got smacked. She activated another copy of the previous program, and the damage she just received started to be repaired. "There, that's better." Arc added.

This was when she noticed there was steam around her... hell, it seems both her and the virus was surrounded by furnaces. "This is new..." Arc said, looking around. "...and actually nice and warm." The steam hardly bothered her ability to see fine, probably thanks to her element or her targeting system.

"Ok, since I figure you are going to finish this one virus as fast as you can, I'm going to send you those energybombs since they are the only thing we have that can oneshot it." Vik told her navi, grabbing two of the said chips and slotting them in."Then maybe we could actually find some information before running into more viruses."

"Yes, that would be good." Arc said, grabbed the AKM with both hands again and aimed it at the last virus when the first of the two bombs materialized in the launcher's chamber. "Ok, it shouldn't be able to survive this..." arc said softly, pulling the trigger and sending the first bomb in the dumb virus' direction. She reaimed and pulled the trigger once more, sending the second bomb towards the virus as well.

...Assuming the first shot didn't delete it.

((1 Patch2 self: heal 30
2 Energybomb Dharma: 3 hits of 40+Blast2
3 Energybomb Dharma: 3 hits of 40+Blast2))
Stuff exploded, nuf said. Also healing. (+30)

BeetankA: DELETED
BeetankB: DELETED
DharmaA: DELETED
DharmaB: DELETED

Terrain:
100% Furnace (Randomized, could change)

-ON THIN ICE-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 120 HP

-- BATTLE 03, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[AirHockey] Battlechip, 620z