Dragon Me To Hell

As soon as he set foot, DragonMan knew he'd made the right call. If he had the facial capacity to grin, he would've. "Yes, this will do nicely!"

"You really weren't kidding about the hellish landscape, were you? I know I just said it, but be careful! If it's even a little like its namesake, you're in for a rough time."

"Ha! It can try!...But I shall keep an eye out for anything abnormal. I DO have a sense of self-preservation."

"Good, I was starting to wonder..."

Naturally, this was demonstrated by him letting out a mighty roar, as though defying potential foes to come and fight...but a more effective approach to finding enemies was to look for them, so time to get his legs in gear and start walking.

(Searching for Battle #1)
It didn't take long for the reptile to find willing combatants; his roar had sent a Catack into high alert, which also caused its twin Champu bodyguards to glance about restlessly.

By the time DragonMan caught sight of the viral group, the tiny tank commander lowered its equally tiny binoculars and barked some viral commands to its comrades. It then retreated into its turret and closed its hatch, prompting the tank to slowly crawl forward on its clacking metal caterpillar tracks. The two Champu brought up their red boxing gloves to a ready stance, and glared over/between them towards the boisterous intruder.

The Catack made its slow advance with the Champu in tow, and its turret panned slightly to draw a bead on DragonMan. The trio of viruses approached a line of metal panels that drew a straight path between the group and DragonMan, like a center-line on a playing field.

-- Viruses --
ChampuChampu (Champy)

Champy viruses teleport when they attack.

Area: ACDC, SciLab, Electown, Kotobuki Town, Hades Isle

HP: 60
Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Fire + Impact x 2 Punches
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Punches twice with fire.
Element: Fire
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): FireHit1, Zenny
A: 60 HP (Normal)
ChampuChampu (Champy)

B: 60 HP (Normal)
CatackCatack (Catack)

Catacks move at a slow rate and their dodges are generally bad. They can, however, attack in any direction while moving or attempting to dodge.

Area: SciLab, Electown, Dentech, Beach, Hades Isle

HP: 120
Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Null + Panel Crack + Blast2
Attack Description: Blasts enemy with TankCannon.
Element: None.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): TankCannon1, Zenny
Special: May Move/Dodge while attacking.
Special: Slow
: 120 HP (Normal)

-- Navis --
DragonMan.EXE: 100 HP (Normal)

-- Terrain --
80% Normal
20% Metal

-- Battle 1 Ready? Start!! --
The sound of virus chattering immediately piqued DragonMan's interest, and a quick look revealed that there were three ready for a fight. "Good, good! It seems I've located the first meat!"

"Meat? I dunno, that tank doesn't look very, er, meaty."

"...It's a figure of speech. But regardless, I cannot wait to feel them shredded by my claws!"

"At least it's a nice, open area for that. And not so big that you have to lumber over. You're...not really the best runner."

"And whose fault is that? Perhaps I'll be quicker once I can properly fly, no? Now, we've spent enough time stalling with our words! Let the rending begin!"

"You know, I COULD spite you by sending something else...but I did work hard for the chip...so all right, here. BattleChip, FireSword! Slot in!"

While many Navis would have an actual sword appear, the dragon Navi simply raised his claws, which instantly sharpened further and became covered in flame. He nodded approvingly at them, then glared at his foes. "Grr...fret not, you three! Once I'm done, it shall be but a short trip for you!" Sure enough, running was...not his forte, as the extra joint in his legs and his high-for-a-Navi weight conspired to slow him down. Luckily for him, he didn't have too far to travel, and before he knew it, he was right in front of his quarry. Approaching the three, he reared back with his left arm, and didn't so much try to cut them as try to cut through them. A slash on a Champy would provide no resistance, as just one claw attack would sufficiently dice them. The Catack, at least, would be sturdy enough to not instantly disintegrate, and simply be left with claw marks. But that's why he quickly followed up with a right handed slash. And then another left, in case his attempt at tearing...whatever the viruses were made of, was going south. He was aware that he'd left himself wide open by focusing entirely on ripping them to shreds, but he didn't care; he wanted to test his weapon, and tested he did. Besides, there wasn't much a virus could do to him if it was already deleted.

[Order of Turn:
1- FireSwordDamage: 80 + Slashing + Wide Attack
Accuracy: B
Description: Creates a sword imbued with flame energy, and capable of effective wide slashes. Can hit up to 3 targets per slash with good RP.
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 3 swings.
Trader Rank: C
chip attack on ChampyA, ChampyB, and Catack
2- FireSwordDamage: 80 + Slashing + Wide Attack
Description: Creates a sword imbued with flame energy, and capable of effective wide slashes. Can hit up to 3 targets per slash with good RP.
chip attack on ChampyA, ChampyB, and Catack
3- FireSwordDamage: 80 + Slashing + Wide Attack
chip attack on ChampyA, ChampyB, and Catack]
DragonMan brought his weapons to bear, and though the slowly advancing Catack fired and scored a glancing hit, the Navi was resilient and began his fiery onslaught of immolated blades. His first strike with his left hand rent the left-most Champu in several pieces; it raised its boxing gloves in a cross-guard pattern, but they proved little defense against DragonMan's claws. His slash continued on and took a sizeable bite into the Catack's hull, and left behind several glowing gashes of shorn/melted metal.

DragonMan's immediate followup with his right sailed over the other Champu's head, but it wasn't entirely in vain, the claws cut deeply into the Catack. In fact, the virus's turret started to slide backwards from being cut from its main hull, and started to disintegrate entirely.

The Champu's eyes flashed as it appeared to have found a chance to counter, and teleported to the side as DragonMan delivered his third strike. Unfortunately for the virus, it didn't seem to register the fact its foe was throwing hooks, not jabs. It did manage to avoid being directly in front of DragonMan, but his wide swiping slashes covered more than enough area to hit its mark.

The trio of viruses rapidly disintegrated/smoldered, and left behind a small amount of zenny along with a glowing data packet containing chip data.

VICTORY
-- Viruses --
ChampuChampu (Champy)

A: DELETED
ChampuChampu (Champy)

B: DELETED
CatackCatack (Catack)

Catacks move at a slow rate and their dodges are generally bad. They can, however, attack in any direction while moving or attempting to dodge.

Area: SciLab, Electown, Dentech, Beach, Hades Isle

Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Null + Panel Crack + Blast2
Attack Description: Blasts enemy with TankCannon.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): TankCannon1, Zenny
Special: May Move/Dodge while attacking.
Special: Slow
: DELETED

-- Navis --
DragonMan.EXE: 80 HP (Normal)

-- Terrain --
80% Normal
20% Metal

-- Rewards --
FireHit1Damage: 60 + Impact + Double Attack
Accuracy: A
Description: Throws a blazing punch from a distance, Hadoken style.
Duration: Up to 2 uses before the end of the turn
Special: Double Attack: After spending an action to attack with this chip, you may choose to spend a second action and attack with it again before the end of the turn.
Trader Rank: D
x1, 360z
"Hmph, that was about as difficult as it looked!" DragonMan's claws assumed a more traditional appearance, but it was too late for his enemies, as they were now nothing more than junk data. Also, some not-so-junk data. "So, Ruby, how did you like THAT blade work?"

"Well, if we're being honest...you sucked. It was just claw swipe after claw swipe, and if I ever did that in a fencing match, I'd lose for sure every time. That said, it was your first time using it, so I guess if I account for that, it's not quiiiiite as bad. But don't worry, with my expertise, you'll be cutting your opponents with speed and precision, and not just brute strength!"

"...Very encouraging."

"It won't be easy, though. Because your legs are a bit different from a human's, you'll probably never have great footwork. And because you channel the chip directly through your claws, you limit the number of ways you can attack with it. Though, once we get you airborne, that'll open up a whole world of possibilities!"

"Ah, so there WAS a happy ending to that, after all. For a moment I thought I was going to need to become a human!" Ha, like he'd ever willingly do that. Why mess with a good thing? "Oh, right. Analyzing the remaining data!" ...Hmm. The obtainable bits had an oddly high filesize. He'd better check..."Hmm, excellent! Seems there's chip data in there! Let's see...the data signature is a match for that Champy. I suppose it's some fire-based fist attack? While interesting, you really didn't give me the dexterity for a fist..."

"Hold up, let me read about it...FireHit's the name. ...Huh, that's odd. It's a fire-based fist attack, but it's also ranged! I bet you could use it via your flame breath."

"Well, that's...unexpected. Pleasant, but unexpected." And, there, it was all transferred. "Data has been analyzed and transferred!"

"I guess we should test this new one out, too, huh?"

"As though that isn't obvious. Of course, it turns out to be horrible, we still have that lovely FireSword! ...Just remember, no excessive judging of my use of it. Of course I'll swing wildly like a beast from time to time...I AM a beast!"

"Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean you can get sloppy. Even a beast can become precise with practice!"

"I suppose. For now, I think I'll focus on the battle ahead." To reach said battle, the draconic Navi started walking forward, keeping a sharp eye out for anything that moved...for whatever did, would end up being his next targets.

(Searching for Battle #2)
Discussing the finer points of combat finesse with his operator took DragonMan further through the generally inhospitable Hades net. It wasn't too long before something of interest picked itself out of the surrounding landscape, however, and the fiery navi would be able to see what looked like a giant set of remains, skeletal with lack bones, half submerged in a broad pool of lava, ringed with smouldering coals and metalic rocks.

It was hard to tell exactly what type of creature the bones might have once represented — there was no identifiable skull, and the most salient feature was in the shape of a deep barrelled rib cage — the spine had to be submerged in the lava, since the bones curved upwards to points. At the edge of the pool, larger bones were scattered in disarray, some lying down, others still looking partially connected by socket joints. More immediate, however, was the fact that lesser creatures often make the remains of greater ones their homes, and this case was no different. Movement between the bones would catch a sharp dragon's eye.

Drifting above the lave pool, in the middle of the rib structure, a Megalian circled slowly, while closer to the edge of the pool a stony-looking Cragger seemed quite at home amongst the rocks. Further left, but already moving towards DragonMan cautiously a Swordy bearing a flaming brand was eyeing him up as it approached. Further back, a pair of MettFire flitted between the bones at opposite sides of the pool, peeking out at the approaching navigator. the nearer he drew, however, the fewer their glances became, until they were both resolutely hiding behind different bones, chanting softly.

One other detail might possibly catch his eye before the viruses took focus, would be that, at the far right edge of the lava pool, roughly where one might have expected the massive creature's head to have, possibly, been, a fain green lighting effect emanated between the rocks.

-=Viruses=-
Mettfire A: 100Hp [Cover behind curved rib B][Lava]
Mettfire B: 100Hp [Cover behind curved rib F][Lava]
Swordy-FSwordy-F (Swordy-F)

Area: Kotobuki Town, Netfrica, Hades Isle

HP: 80
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Fire + Long Range Attack + Slashing
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: When this virus is 2 panels away from the target, or its enemies are 2-deep, it will attack with Fire Blade.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Fire + Wide Range Attack + Slashing
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: When this virus is standing directly adjacent to its target, or diagonally from it, it will attack with Fire Sword.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): FireKnife, Zenny
Special: Swordy-F's are immune to Blind Status.
Special: Uses Area Grab to get into attack range.
: 80Hp [Approaching from left][Coal]
Megalian-FMegalian-F (Megalian-F)

All Megalian-F viruses are equipped with Omnishoes, and fight from the air. This virus type will spend an Action Dodging, and then Attack the following Action. If there are more than one Megalian (family does not matter) the viruses will work together, alternating their attack Actions or attacking as a group (mod's discretion). When attacking, both the head and the base can be damaged separately (if the Aura protecting the base has been destroyed).

Area: Netfrica, Hades Isle

HP: 130
Attack Damage/Effect: 40 Fire + Break + Piercing + Group attack.
Attack Accuracy: B (special)
Attack Description: Lines up with a target and launches its head at the enemy. Accuracy decreases with each hit.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AuraHead1, Barrier, Zenny
Special: Omnishoes: capable of free flight.
- Dodges every other Action. Attacks when not dodging.
- Has a 10HP Fire Aura (Pierced and destroyed by Aqua attacks).
- Can be attacked while head is extended.
: 130Hp [Fire Aura: 10hp][Middle of rib cage][Flying]
CraggerCragger (Cragger)

Craggers are pretty easy targets, given their size. They also move very rarely, and when they do they move slowly. Their dodge rate is abysmal. They generally rely on their HardBody defense, which reduces non-break damage by half, but doubles break damage. They have high attack power and AoE, but their accuracy is generally bad as their attacks are easy to follow and take time to deliver. Their attack is executed as a Drop Attack, and thus attacks from above, and not head-on. Targets caught underground within this attack's AoE range take an additional 50 Null damage that ignores all defenses.

Area: Netopia, Sharo, Hades Isle

Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Null + Break + Panel Break + WideAttack
Attack Accuracy: D
Attack Description: Slams the enemy and surrounding area with fist. This is executed as a Drop Attack, and is more damaging to targets below ground (IE: Submerged or burrowed).
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): GolemHit1, Zenny
Special: Hardbody.
: 120Hp [HardBody][Front and Central][Furnace]

-=Navis=-
DragonMan.EXE: 80Hp [Metal]

-=Terrain=-
40% Furnace [Metalic terrain mostly around the lava pool]
15% Coal [Skirting the edge of the lava]
35% Lava [Large pool dominating the immediate area]
10% Metal [Metallic terrain scattered a bit further out from the pool]

-=Objects=-
Curved Ribs A-G: 80Hp [Arrayed as a rib cage, arcing through the lava pool.]
Curved Ribs H-N: 80Hp [As above, but the far side ribs]

GMD: 25Hp [Right edge of area][Furnace]

-=Battle 2, Start!-=

Walking...walking...hmm? It didn't take long before something caught DragonMan's eye. It looked like...bones? There wasn't really anything besides the ribs with which to discern what it could be, though. Or if it even was remains, since that could certainly serve as a decoration in a place like this. "Interesting. I think these bones warrant a closer look.

"Careful. It's also a great place for something to ambush you."

"Indeed. But, just anticipating an ambush hampers its effectiveness!" Still, he slowed his pace a little as he approached. His caution was rewarded, as something floating above the ground drew his attention. Slowly, more and more opponents made themselves known..."As you thought. These bones are crawling with viruses!"

"Yeah. But, it's-" Er, wait. ...Okay, was that really something DragonMan could handle? "Those are some dangerous viruses. At the very least, they have a lot of endurance. Even with FireSword, you can't really just plow through them."

"Is that so? Good, I'll be able to feel them as my claws tear them apart!"

"No. I can't let you expose yourself to that kind of danger!"

"...What?! Why not?! Surely you don't think THEY can best ME?"

"...I can't say for sure. If they pack enough of a punch, it's possible they can overwhelm you. And Hades IS known for being a difficult area to navigate...I'm sorry. Guess we can't test out that FireHit after all."

"...You truly believe they're a threat, don't you? ...Grr!" He clenched his teeth, snarling at what he was about to say. "...Fine. I'll defer to your judgement. But mark my words, Ruby! This shan't happen again any time soon!"

"Don't think of it as running away. Think of it as strategically withdrawing to avoid possibly getting your teeth kicked in!"

"That most certainly will not help." He couldn't believe he was about to do what he was...but he wasn't going to deny his operator's orders. He took a deep breath, and let out a fierce roar...but there was a hint of frustration in it as he turned around, and began to glide just above the ground with his wings. Hopefully, they'd prefer their current environment to chasing him down.

[Order of Turn:
1-Flee
2-Escape
3-Run away!]
Though he didn't necessarily agree with his operator's caution, DragonMan relented and retreated from the chanting and muttering amidst the bones. Discretion might well have been the wiser part of valour in this particular case, as a flurry of meteors crashed down behind him as he fell back, harrying the navi away from the scene.

-=Escape Successful=-
"Pah!" While he heard the sounds of something crashing into the ground behind him, DragonMan remained focused on putting lots of distance between himself and the group of viruses. Though, to say he was less than happy was a bit of an understatement. "Fleeing a battle...how humiliating!"

"Hey, if it ensures your safety, I don't care how humiliating it was."

"You wouldn't understand. You lack the heart of a dragon!"

"True, but if something happened to you, my heart wouldn't be able to take it."

"Touche. So, what now? Shall I continue looking? Or are you sufficiently spooked that I should head elsewhere?"

"Well...actually, I remembered something I wanted to try out. So, we're going somewhere else, but let's just say you shouldn't get too disappointed just yet, 'kay?"

"Hmm, intriguing. Let's just hope you're right."

"All right. ...You can stop now. It'll be easier to transfer you to a different area if you're standing still."

"...Ah, right. I almost forgot." The draconic Navi untucked his feet, and came screeching to a halt. "I trust this will do?"

"All right, sending you to NetFrica!"

"NetFrica? Now why-" Before he could get an answer, however, DragonMan found himself whisked away to another corner of the internet...

(TO NETFRICA)