Killing Time

"That son of a... you see the way he just nodded at me? He thinks he's better than me, that he can just dismiss me with a gesture," Majinman fumed.

"I think all it meant by that was that it's just passing through and doesn't want any trouble, so it's going to just keep on walking. I mean, its not siccing its guards on you, so I'd say its at least somewhat friendly," Wes explained.

"No... no... what he's saying is that he could take me out at any time but I'm not worth his while so he's going to pass on and if I even think about messing with him and ignore his warning, he'll come down on me like the hammer of Thor," Majinman said, crossing his arms.

"You got that whole run-on sentence from just one glance? And why would you use a weapon that would obviously be Elec element in a metaphor referring to a counterattack made by a group of Wood viruses?" Wes asked.

"Because you're thinking about it too much. That's why. And anyway, what kind of viruses need bodyguards?" Majinman scowled. But that really made him think. The only reason anyone has bodyguards are because they have worth. If they had worth, that means they could... his face lit up, "That's it! This guy must be someone... or something important, meaning, I can capture him and get a ransom! That'll teach those Wood turds a lesson! We'll begin like we always do, with the Flameline and Phoenixshot. Let's go!"

"What? We're kidnapping some Wood virus because you think it looks important? Why do you seem obsessed with making us look like bad guys? And this time its not even perversity or being a jerk... its straight up villian stuff," Wes sighed, though he loaded the chips anyway. This was probably going to go very bad, but if he didn't send chips, his navi would just go ahead with his plan anyway and get deleted, "Also, you do realize that if this virus is some kind of big shot, you could end up triggering some sort of war, right?"

"Well, that'll certainly make things more interesting," Majinman said with a shrug, "Now to take out that entourage," First he'd take out the Mushies following behind. Those things could get spooked pretty easily, which would spread them out. Better to take them down in a single attack now while they were all clumped together, following the Puffballs at a distance like a group of giggling fangirls. How pathetic... regardless of who it was. With a wave of his hand, he summoned a wall of fire from beneath the grass, burning a decent sized chunk of the stuff away. With any luck, the Mushies would also be consumed by the blaze. Now for the Bagworms. He'd have to act fast, before they retreated back to the sky. He genetrated a pair of flaming wings from his back which he launched at the pair of pinecone-like... things. As the attack flew through the air, Majinman had to wonder what the heck those things' strings were attached too.

"Okay, Areagrab for the last phase of part one. If all goes according to plan, I'll have the bounty in my grasp next round..." Majinman said.

"It's... not a bounty. Not unless its by some bizzarre coincidence," Wes said, though it seemed like he was talking more to himself.

Majinman warped accross the field, aiming to reappear a few feet behind the second Puffball. After all, this one wasn't important. With that in mind, he fired twin laser beams from his eyes, his intent to take it down in one shot before it could do anything too dangerous. Of course, he was still ready to dodge, in case it did. Hopefully he could wrap this up quickly and rack in the sweet, sweet dough from capturing this... whatever it was.

((1.) Flameline1, 70+15 Fire, MushyA/B/C
2.) Phoenixshot1, 70+15 Fire, BagwormA/B
3.) Areagrab behind PuffballEXB
4.) Majin Eye Beams, 300 Fire, PuffballEXB
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge))
((Bump))
Blasted with a burst of fire, the Mushy started to panic, and two of them were caught in the initial attack. The other one stayed safe on the other side of the mud-road, but still looked on with a shriek. The PuffBalls immediately set to work, setting their masks into the mud and releasing clouds of purple death everywhere. One of the Bagworms fled into the skies while the other stayed, only to face the brunt of Majinman's Phoenixshot. The Mushy immediately warped up to him and tried to blast him with its spores, but he was already gone, behind the PuffBall and blasted it with his LAY-ZAH AH-BEEMS. However, the PuffBalls' poison had already taken effect, and a hell of an effect it was! (10x6, 10x4)

The remaining PuffBall didn't look fazed at all- or maybe that was because it was behind a mask?

PuffBallEX A: 190HP [Mud]
PuffBallEX B: DELETED
BagWorm A: DELETED
BagWorm B: 80HP [Mud] (Ceiling)
Mushy A: DELETED
Mushy B: DELETED
Mushy C: 80HP [Grass]

Terrain: 40% Grass, 10% Soil, 50% Mud

MajinMan.EXE: 100HP [Grass, off to the side]
"Well, these guys are a lot more formidible than I originally expected," Majinman said, coughing as he backed up, "Though that certainly makes this more fun. Send me the Recovery80 while I hit them with another attack." Majinman leapt into the air, to grant himself a better vantage point. He then plucked off his earrings and threw them at the remaining enemies. One headed toward the ground, staying just a foot in the air. It whirled towards the surviving Mushy, threatening to take it down if it made contact. The other headed up high, above even Majinman's level. The Bagworm probably thought it was safe hiding in the sky but with Majinman's aerial prowess, it should prove easy enough to take down. After that, Majinman directed the ring downwards, making a loop that would take it towards the PuffballEX. He would try striking from behind so that its mask wouldnt be able to prevent the damage. If he managed to land the hit, it would make his target all the more weaker and easier to capture... and then sell back to whatever group he lead for a buttload of money.

As his navi wrapped up his main attack, Wes sent the Recovery80, "You really should just kill these things at this point. I've never heard of some society of viruses, so its probably just a small time gang with members that really look up to their leader. And who the heck are you planning on contacting for the ransom, anyway?" Wes asked. He sent one more chip for good measure.

As Majinman's digital lungs purged themselves of the majority of the poison gas, he activated his sword chip, swinging it a few times in the air and pointing it at the enemy ranks. He'd make a quick sweep to take care of any more bodyguards, "Eh, I'll decide who to make the bill out to later. Right now, capture comes first. Hex, Vex, secure the target," Two blue balls made of ghost appeared and took off towards the large virus. The hovered on either side of it in an attempt to block it in. Majinman brandished his sword at the target once again, "Okay, I don't know who you are but I get the feeling that you're somehow important. If you would kindly come with me and direct me towards the party that will give me the most money to succure your release, I promise that I will cease beating you around any furthur. Do we have a deal?" Majinman raised an eyebrow and awaited some sort of response, though he prepared to dodge in case the reply was less than civil.

((1.) Take flight
2.) Ifrit Enchanted Rings, 60 Heat/Salshing, MushyC/BagwormB/PuffballEXA
3.) Recovery80
4.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua Slashing, whatever left other than PuffballEXA
*Will O'Wisp Entourage, Decoy x2
5.) Threaten
6.) Prep dodge))
Fire! Death! Swords! Threats!

With everyone dead but itself, the PuffBall looked less than pleased as it muttered something incomprehensible in virus-speak. It motioned Majinman to follow it with its mask, its companions now defeated and turned into delicious reward data.

PuffBallEX A: 190HP [Mud]
PuffBallEX B: DELETED
BagWorm A: DELETED
BagWorm B: DELETED
Mushy A: DELETED
Mushy B: DELETED
Mushy C: DELETED

Terrain: 40% Grass, 10% Soil, 50% Mud

MajinMan.EXE: 180HP [Flying, above Mud]

-BATTLE NINE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards: [Spice1] Battlechip, 675z
"Wait, what? There is no way that just worked," Wes exclaimed, as the Puffball began to waddle off, looking reserved to being a prisoner.

"HA! That means that I win the bet. Now pay up... both of you," Majinman grinned and started to trail behind the virus, keeping an eye on it from an elevated position.

"There was no bet... I just said it wouldnt work, no strings attached," Wes said. But still, there was no way this worked. The virus was obviously leading his navi into a trap... right?

((Battle 10?))
((Bump))
((Bump again))
As the PuffBall headed deeper into the Yumland network, the grass was taller, the vines were thicker, and everything was starting to become difficult for MajinMan to continue on. Though the virus had no problem, the navi could've easily gotten out of this situation by simply flying above the vegetation, but would lose track of the Puffball easily.

However, the virus stopped and pointed forward as if it wanted MajinMan to go on by himself. The Puffball disappeared before the navi really even had a choice and strangely found a heelnavi silently sitting ontop of a thick stump.

"....."

The strange HeelNavi noticed MajinMan's presence, but didn't bother turning around to face him. Instead, he lifted his horribly disjointed finger up into the sky and brought it down against the stump into a small *Clack*. In a blink of an eye, all the trees, grass, everything else disappeared and the two navis found themselves in a pure white normal panels beneath them.

The HeelNavi finally stood up, but it didn't turn around once more...Just what is up with him?

???Navi: 900HP

Terrain: 100% Normmmmmmmmal

MajinMan.EXE: 180HP

-BOSS BATTLE, STTTARRTSSSSNN-
For some reason, Wes sensed danger, almost as if big bold letters had just flashed accross his screen to alert him that this ragged navi was some sort of big time baddie. Of course, given that this so-called opponent had yet to do... anything other than change the carpetting, it seemed like he was just being paranoid.

Majinman, on the other hand was completely unworried. He walked a bit closer to the heelnavi and asked, "Hey, are you that thing's lackey? The one that's supposed to give me money for sparing its life? Or maybe you're more henchman level and getting me out here is supposed to be some kind of trap. Either way, you should probably just hand over the cash, cause I will make a profit here regardless. What do you say, assuming you vocal programs still function?" Majinman stared at the navi and waited for some kind of response. If things went well, he would take his fee and leave, no violent action taken. Well, it might be appropriate to say no furthur violent action taken. If this busted up navi decided to get rowdy, on the other hand, he would take to the air and fly around like a nut until he decided on how to properly respond.

((1.) Question and wait for a respone, then

a.) if paid off like a responsible adult 2.) accept money
3.) 3-6.) escape

b.) if attacked 2.) take flight
3-6.) dodge))
The mysterious HeelNavi listened to MajinMan's proposition and lifted his hands towards the navi...while he still kept his back towards him. It looked like he had something in his hands, possibly the money. But when MajinMan came closer to claim his "rightful" money, the navi's arm suddenly extended forward and grabbed the cocky navi by his neck.

His finger dug deep into the MajinMan's neck and began to surge strange coding throughout his body. Before he could retaliate, the HeelNavi's arm already retracted and finally turned around to show a completely hollow face along with multiple cut wounds that strangely shaped into a tree on his chest.

Seeing how the navi was hostile and not willing to fork over its money, MajinMan attempted to fly away into the safe sky and start the battle from there...but he couldn't. The previous attack didn't inflict too much damage, but he couldn't take off like he was able to before and even found himself open for yet another attack!

The navi's arm extended once more and scratched MajinMan across his face, injecting yet another dose of irregular coding into the navi. This time, it didn't affect any of his bodily or battle functions...but instead...locked his mouth from talking.

How strange.

???Navi: 900HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

MajinMan.EXE: 160HP [GLITCHED!: Flight LOCKED / Mouth LOCKED]
Majinman tried to jump into the air, but couldn't He tried once more, then a third before finally saying, "Uh oh, well this isn't good". At least, that's what he would have said if his speech functions, as well as his flight, hadn't been disabled. He just crossed his arms and said it again in his head, extra loud to make up for the fact that any actual volume was denied to him.

Wes noticed that there was something wrong as well, his main clue being the two large, flashing error messages that appeared accross his screen. The first was beside the Navicust folder, though he couldn't tell the extent of the damage. He could tell that his navi now couldn't fly but did that mean that the whole program was bugged or were the floatshoes and airshoes both working separetely, with just the omnishoes function disabled? As for the other error, it was listed under volume, though not for the PET but the navi. Wait, did that mean that Majinman couldn't talk? While it would be very inconvinient for teamwork, Wes for some reason couldn't see this development as a bad thing and found himself wondering instead how long the glitch would last.

While Wes contempalated unproductive ends, Majinman was trying to come up with a plan. He still didn't know his opponent's game. He was mangled and could cause glitches, but didn't do much damage. At least not so far. And he also did something weird with the terrain earlier. Could he do that again, with whatever could cover the ground or did the foilage earlier have special conditions attached? The best way to find out would be to test it. He'd go with the more expendable IceSeed, some random attack chips, and finish up with a MistConv. Great plan... now how did he tell his netop that?

Majinman waved his arms to get his netop's attention, then started playing some bizarre game of charades. First, he raised one hand with his index and middle finger clasped against his thumb, as if holding something thin and jammed it into the top of his closed fist, "Okay, so you want chips," Wes replied, to which Majinman nodded. He then took a stance with one arm forward, one arm close to him like he was holding a spear. He slammed the imaginary weapon into the ground and pulled back, then pretended to sprinkle... something over whatever it was he had just killed, "You're gonna kill this guy... and then sprinkle spices over him so you can cook him?" Wes guessed. Majinman put one hand to his face and shook his head. He rolled his eyes and tried something else. He crossed his arms and shivered, then acted like he was throwing something, "Cold bomb? Oh wait, Iceseed," Wes said. His navi nodded. He then held up two fingers and shrugged. Knowing his normal patterns, Wes guessed, "Okay, two random offensive chips." Another nod, then Majinman held out a fist and drooled on it, "Man, that's kind of... gross, though I'm assuming Mistconv," with the plan finally communicated, Wes began selecting the appropriate chips. While he was selecting the two random ones, he had to wonder what would happen if he used the CyberRoar, but resisted the urge to try. For the record, he figured it'd come out as a fart, "Okay, you're set."

With a determined nod, Majinman prepared to attack, thankful he wasn't in some cheesey anime where all the characters needed to yell out the names of their attacks to preform them. He held the Iceseed in his hands and eyed up the area just in front of his opponent. If he threw it just right, the icy mist should spread and form a pretty even circle around the other navi, though he'd be happy just as long as it covered the area he was standing on. After throwing the seed, he summoned his wisps, glad he communicated with them telepathically, so that he didn't have to play another lame party game. He directed the pair to charge the navi and try to chase him so that he stayed on the ice. He then formed his maccabre Markcannon and took a shot at his unnamed opponent that he was confident would not miss. After that he pulled out an energybomb and threw it at the ice, hoping that the slippery surface hindering the enemy's ability to dodge would make up for its lack of accuracy. Finally he used the main focus of his plan, the Mistconv. The watery fist rose out of the ground and took a powerful swing as his foe. If it hit while the target was on the ice, it would freeze him and he could go to phase two of his plan next turn. For now, though, he would focus on dodging, since he really didn't need another glitch to furthur complicate things.

((1.) Charades
2.) Iceseed, create medium area of ice around ???Navi
*Will O'Wisp Entourage, Decoy x2, try to trip up ???Navi
3.) Markcannon1, 70+seeking+lock-on, ???Navi
4.) Energybomb, 40x3, ???Navi
5.) Mistconv, 100 Aqua, Navi???
6.) Dodge))
As MajinMan played the game of Charades with his speech locked, the unknown navi took this opportunity to strike with his glitch claw once more. Surprisingly, the attack freed the navi's mouth...but left it into an unwanted condition. The IceSeed cracked and covered a good half of the field with ice, and the decoys managed to distract the mystery navi long enough for the MarkCannon to hit.

The navi simply realized that Hex and Vex was nothing more than a passive fireball, and began to ignore it completely. The EnergyBomb MajinMan threw was easily evaded thanks to the slippery ice, and it was immediately countered with the extended claw...which missed, thanks to the slippery ice. MajinMan swung his MistConv against his opponent, slamming the navi against the ground and even freezing a part of his body in an instant. However, this left the offender open for an attack and dealt with yet another scratch across his torso, causing his own body to freeze along with his opponent...

???Navi: 730HP [Frozen] [On Ice]

Terrain: 55% Normal, 45% Ice

MajinMan.EXE: 140HP [GLITCHED!: Flight LOCKED / Mouth LOCKED / Stuttering Speech / Frozen]
And now Majinman was frozen. Great. At least it felt like his vocal cords were funtioning again, though something still felt off. Oh well, he wasn't in any position to talk anyway. He needed out of this ice that was somewhat his fault.

Majinman began to focus his latent power, a force that only manifested itself at certain points of the day, sometimes more frequet than others, depending on what he ate. As he concentrate, he had to question the wisdom of forcefully summoning such an ability but he knew he had no choice. With that in mind, he gave one last push and released a mighty fart that he hoped would generate enough heat to melt the ice. If it didn't get rid of it completely, it should at least loosen it up enough that he should be able to break out of it with a bit of struggle. The plan was perfect. What's the worst that could happen?

As Wes listened to his navi's deafening poot, he blinked and sighed, "I really hope he doesn't crap himself..."

((Turn splice
1-?) try to break out of the ice))
MajinMan tried hard, real hard to free himself from the frozen lock. His plans to poot himself out was...indeed innovative, but it took too long to loosen up the ice. The unknown navi already got the initiative and broke through the frozen cage by creating a small flicker of flame, helping him melt the ice faster. It twisted his neck side to side, letting out the sound of cracked bones, and unleashed two quick swipe to glitch MajinMan even further.

The damage, as usual, didn't hurt, but his body began to feel a small sharp pain all over his body whenever he made a move. However, all these glitches he received finally began to turn for the better when he realized that his movement increased dramatically as soon as he was free from the ice.

???Navi: 730HP [On Normal]

MajinMan.EXE: 118HP [GLITCHED!: Poison1 (-1 damage per action) / Haste / Stuttering Speech / Frozen] [2 Actions Left]
"He just used a Fire element move to melt the ice. That probably would have been easier... and faster... and smarter... and more sanitary," Wes said.

"W-well ex-excuse me," Majinman stammered, then paused, "W-what the he-hell? The i-ice w-wa-wasn't that c-c-c-cold."

"Another program glitch," Wes sighed, looking over his navi's specs.

"St-stupid b-bastard. O-oh well, at l-least I c-can f-fly n-now," Majinman said. The stuttering was annoying. He should try using fewer words, "A-and I did-didn't use f-fire be-because I w-was g-gonna use b-break w-while he w-was s-still in i-ice."

"Ah, yeah, that would have worked well. A shame. Want to try again?" Wes asked.

"O-once more. A-airs-storm and W-wideshot," Majinman said. With a nod, Wes complied. Majinman held his hands out towards the ice and with a quick florish, conjured up three small twisters. The trio spun, sucking up the nearby dust and flakes of ice. Hopefully the mystery fighter would also be pulled in and tossed among the three. Next, Majinman directed his Wisps to charge the other navi and either chase him into the ice or keep him there. Finally, he put his hands together and fired a wave of floating water at his opponent. If his plan succeeded and the navi was trapped on the ice, he would be frozen again. Hopefully this time he would be the only one frozen and Majinman could smash him this time around. Of course, becoming encased in ice again wasn't his only concerned. Something seemed to be damaging him whenever he moved. He figured it was another glitch, so hopefully it would end soon. He thought about mentioning it to Wes but figured it would take too long. He'd bring it up if it persisted after this.

((5.) Airstorm1, 50x3 sucks, ???, try to pull him on Ice
*Will O'Wisp Entourage, Decoy x2, chase/keep ??? on Ice
6.) Wideshot, 60 Aqua+wide attack, ???))
((Bump))
The navi was being dragged by the Airstorm and got himself placed on the icy terrains. Only two of the tornadoes struck against him while he dodged the other, and the decoys tried their best but the strange navi already saw through the smokes and mirror and didn't even bother moving.

Raising its left hand above his head, it began to twitch uncontrollably and metal claws began to shoot up from its nails. Taking one good look at MajinMan, the navi began his mad dash towards his prey and swung his claws around like a madman. The wideshot was fired and it was a direct hit, but the waters didn't have time to freeze up while the unknown navi was in motion. It lowered it body like a crouching predator and cut through MajinMan's left arm with the swipe of his Rageclaw.

???Navi: 570HP [On Normal] [RageClaw 5/6]

MajinMan.EXE: 76HP [GLITCHED!: Poison1 (-1 damage per action) / Haste / Stuttering Speech]
Wes winced as the enemy made a large slice through his navi's arm, leaving it barely attached to his body. Majinman himself just gritted his teeth and glared at his opponent, "That arm's going to be no use in that condition. Try repairing it with your Patchwork so we can save our big heal for later. And... are your vocals still glitched?" Wes asked. Majinman nodded, "Okay, better leave the planning up to me then, so that the discussion doesn't take forever."

Majinman's left eye twitched. While he knew his operator was right, the implication that he was unfit for strategy at any point in time, regardless of the situation, made him a bit perturbed. Of course, bringing this up wouldn't really be productive so he'd just have to vent his anger on the one who caused this problem in the first place... vent his anger with violence. With a smirk, Majinman reached down and pulled a thin layer of the panel of his standing on off of the floor. He made of whipping motion towards his left arm, causing the material to wrap around around the wound and seal his arm back up. As he finished, he placed his arms on his hips and stood up straight with a big grin, looking quite proud of himself... until his noticed that he wasn't quite symettrical. Crap! His arm had almost been cut off! When he was repairing it, he needed to have something hold the wound together for it to have been done right! Now the gap between the two segments was still somewhat present between his make-shift bandage, making his arm curl slightly inward as if he had a second elbow or something. Majinman glared at his enemy once again as he tested to make sure his arm could still work. Oddly enough, it did. The bandage and the connected flesh gave him just enough of a connection with the rest of his arm that it was usuable. One of the advantages of being a demon (and a computer program) was that physics didn't always need to make sense for something to work.

"Okay, assuming that you're done, let's begin our assault. First, we'll try two of our stunning chips, then I want you to hit him with your best attack. Sound okay?" Wes asked.

Majinman simply nodded. He extended the index and pinky of his right hand and pointed them at the enemy. He waited a split second for them to harden into a metallic form and then began emitting a magnetic wave in an attempt to draw him in. If he could get him within range, he'd smack him with his transform hand, releasing the remaining magnitism for a staggering amount of damage. If he managed to escape from his grasp, though, he would just have to hope that the somewhat shortened distance between them would make it easier for him to land his next attack. As he kept his right hand steady, Majinman materialized a sphere in his left. As soon as his intial attack ended, he took a quick note of his opponent's position and then lobed the ball in his direction. While the Magbomb wasn't the easiest thing to throw accurately, the area of effect might give it enough of an edge to hit, especially if the target was stunned in front of him. Once both attacks were complete, Majinman took a deep breath, narrowed his eyes at his enemy and fired a set of lasers with immense destructive power. This would put him well on his way to winning this fight.

Once his barrage was finished, Majinman concentrated on evasion. His movements seemed faster now, for some reason, so with any luck he figured he'd avoid accumulating any more glitches while at the same time allowing the current ones to wear off. Afterall, he really didn't like not talking. He instructed his Wisps to stay put because, while they weren't doing him any good at the moment, it seemed like too much trouble to unsummon them.

((1.) Alien Patchwork, 60 Heal, self
2.) Magbolt2, 110 Elec stun, ???Navi
3.) Magbomb1, 30 Elec+Blast2+stun, Navi???
4.) Majin Eye Beams, 300 Fire, ???Navi
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge
*Will O'Wisp Entourage, Decoy x2, idle))
((Bumpity))