Sharo Research (EVENT!)

OOC: No.
More wisps, this should be fun.
Pianissimo surveyed the cloud of mist, wondering how he had not noticed their presence earlier. Nonetheless, they were here now. Pianissimo scanned them just in case, and was almost unnerved by the high HP, until he found no evidence of damage reduction properties. In that case...
"If you have anything to say to anyone," he said to the group at large, "do it now, because in about a minute you won't be able to say anything."
Waiting for a minute, Pianissimo saw Soulman Jr. say his peace and start laying it into the wisps. Now, it was time for him to do the same. Pianissimo drew his katana and made a simple slashing motion to the air around him. There was a rushing sound, like that normally made by an object getting wildly swung through the air, and then...nothing. The sound in the area had gone out...completely. Now...for some undistracted attacking, Pianissimo thought, signaling a request for chips. Rigel understood the signal and sent a few, a cannon, a rageclaw, and the chip he had received from his latest encounter, a powerbolt. This will be enough for now. Pianissimo thought, activating the cannon. The oversized green cannon materialized around his right arm just after he let his katana fall back into its sheath...he wouldn't be needing it for now. There were three wisps not posessing Stryder, and Jr. had already wailed on one of them. His targets would be the other two. Pianissimo picked one and fired the cannon, creating a considerably amount of smoke but no sound of explosion. Good, the silent effect hadn't already faded. Next chip, the powerbolt. Pianissimo wasn't quite sure what it did at first, but as soon as he activated the chip, it was as though he had always known. Energy gathered around his hand, and when he slammed that hand against the ground, a great pillar of energy surged up from the ground at the wisp he hadn't previously shot at.
And finally, to finish off one of them Pianissimo said to himself as claws suddenly sprang forth from his right hand. A second later, he had gone from a decent aiming distance away from the wisps to right next to the one he had shot the cannon at, right arm drawn back, before bringing it up in a vicious slashing motion with the intent of rending the ball of mist into tiny...puffs of mist.

1. Enjoy The Silence - 10 damage to self, +25 to attacks for rest of turn.
2. Cannon WispD - 40+25
3. Powerbolt WispF - 70+25
4. Rageclaw WispD - 40+25
Voltman stood up, and watched the battle end. One of the navis managed to shake the strange blue virus out from inside of him, and it dissipated as it exited his body. Interesting. The possession seemed to take some toll on the virus' code. Good to know, for future battles. As the blue enemies were thorougly destroyed, a small fragment of data came his way. He grabbed it, noted that it was a chip, and stored it for further use. But he had not even restored his chips before another wave came!
Shigeru! Ideas?
None. You've still got the Widesword, at least.
Voltman glanced at the blade.
True. Now, let's see if THESE little balls of fun can stand up to my power!
He charged at the blue flames, his blade catching their light and reflecting it as it performed its deadly dance through their data. Voltman rolled and ducked, careful not to be the next target of these strange enemies that had already claimed one of his allies in their strange attack, and reviewed what had just happened...
He had attacked all three wisps at first, having moved into position to do so, but his second swing had been wild, and only aimed at one wisp. But, if it had already been weakened, it should have done the trick. But why had it been off target from the other two? Oh, yeah. He had started his backflip away. He didn't want to get caught in his allies' fire, or in one of those strange viruses possession tactic attacks...

Overview:
1. Line up Wisps D/E/F
2. Widesword to Wisps D/E/F (80 each)
3. Widesword to Wisp F (80)
*Skill: Swordplay. One free dodge*
4. Dodge
Nachahmen took the new chip data, and coughed somewhat hysterically as he spotted the next wave of virii.
M-MORE of these damned wisps??

After witnessing the assault on Stryder, he decided to store the chip data for later, in case it was needed. Looking on to the remaining foesm Nac quickly spots the others in their retaliation.
Well, at least I have no obligation to use any chips...

He strafed to the right to gain perspective on them, and began to glow with an electrical current as he watched Volt back away. Nachahmen then began to focus the electricity to his hands, and touched them together at their wrists, aiming straight ahead to the wisps, starting with the one nearest. An orb quickly began to form as he reeled his hands back and, upon its completion, shone fiercely. Nac then pulled his arms foward, launching the orb off as a bolt toward the wisp. He then rinsed and repeated, taking shots down the line, aiming at the center wisp and left wisp respectively.
Ha!...Ha!...Ha!..Hope you liked those, derned spooks.

He rubbed his hands a bit afterard, trying to ease the pain from using such attacks while at the same time communicating to Zanzo through the PET functions.
Ouch...my arthritis. Zanzo, we still got that shield?
Yeah. I'll send it now..

Zanzo then slotted the guard chip into the PET, sending the data to Nac. As he received it, the data stream began to wrap around his left arm before forming into the yellow shield, bearing the usual green, almost medical cross in its center. Nac hopped back into a crouch as he landed, holding the shield out infront of him at a further than usual distance, on the offset chance the wisps can go through them...

Summary

0: Snipe
1: Sniping attack-11dmg, increased accuracy-WispF
2: Attack-11dmg-WispE
3: Attack-11dmg-WispD
4: Guard-Reflects one attack

Durations/Cooldowns

Nature's Embrace: Usable next turn
Elmer's Grace: 2
Emulation Check: 3
Stryder's body spasms as the Wisps sap his energy.

Pianissimo lays into the Wisps with savage efficiency. One of the Wisps uses an opening and tries to invade his body, only to be deleted when it collides with the attack arc of a Rageclaw.

Nachamen fires away. He doesn't succeed in doing much damage, but the two remaining Wisps make a beeline for him. He hits one on its approach and it buzzes off. The other keeps coming...

Voltman lines it up and charges, and ducks under one wisp's attempt to posess him, but an instant before he can cleave it in two, another engulfs him from behind!

WispA: 100 [Stryder]
WispB: 100 [Stryder]
WispC: 70 [Junior]
WispD: 9 [Voltman]
WispE: Deleted
WispF: 20[Junior]

Junior: 100 [WispC, F, -2 actions]
Nachamen: 160
Pianissimo: 90
Voltman: 120 [WispD, -1 action]
Stryder: 50 [WispA, B, -2 actions]
There Nachahmen stood before his allies, watching them as they struggled through their possession.
Hmm....I gotta think of something.....
He thought about it for a bit, then quickly came up with something.
That's it! It's a bit tricky, but it's worth a shot.

Nac then began to clear his throat as he called over to Junior. His voice became more youthful, reminiscent of a young, somewhat matured male.
"Hey! What do you think this lady'll think if you keep getting stuck like this? You think she'll be impressed? 'Cause I sure don't. Snap outta it!"

He cleared his throat yet again, coughing a bit. As he spoke, it was different from before, distinctly more effeminate than that of the others.
Hey girl, don't let these things keep hold of you forever! How are you going to rock out loud with the man keeping you down? You're stronger than that. You've the touch! YOU'VE GOT THE POWERRRRR!

After catching a breath, Nachahmen cleared his throat one last time, this time taking on a much more youthful voice, reminiscent of a child.
HEY! HEY! C'mon! GET UP! These little things can't put you on time out! C'MONNNNN! DO IT! KICK IT'S BUTT!

Finally done with his pep-rally, he coughed profusely before catching a breath and slouching a bit. His voice returned to it's former elderly state.
Jeez...That was harder than I thought. I'll have to practice to keep that up...
He then took a few hops back and maintained a slight crouch, in case those things wanted a piece of him when they got popped out like the zits they were...

Summary

1-2: Boost morale of possessed allies

3-4: Dodge

Cooldowns

Elmer's Grace: 1
Emulation Check: 2
Voltman grinned as one of the wisps was wholly and utterly decimated by the group's attacks, and the others were severely weakened. But as he slashed at one, it dodged and plunged into his back.
Gah! Graaaah!
Voltman? Voltman! What's going on! Answer me!
Voltman fell to the ground, scratching at his emblem as the wisp dug its way into his programming.
It's... digging into my core... slowing down my processes...
Shigeru nodded. He was just glad that Voltman's body had the amount of unused memory it did, or else two minds and a wisp might have overloaded it.
Well, fight it! Get MiniVolt to help!
Then, as it worked its way to his mind, he grinned. Shigeru's comment had given him an idea, and an idea in his mind was a dangerous surprise waiting for the wisp...

*In Voltman's head*
Pinata! Yaaaaaaay!!!
MiniVolt ran after the blue ball with a bat, swinging wildly and having everything but the wisp miraculously jump out of the way to avoid damage. Voltman stood back, his shoulders shaking from the effort of not laughing.
That's it, little bro! Get that pinata!
MiniVolt continued swinging and chasing the wisp, but he soon had a thought.
The bat's not long enough!
Voltman quickly refashioned the imagined bat into an imagined spear.
How about now?
Yaaaaaay!~

MiniVolt started jabbing at the enemy as he ran, but Voltman's face turned grim. This was just an idea of the wisp. There was only one way to get rid of it for good...

*In the real world*
Voltman pulled a spear out of midair, twirling it around. But he knew that was just a strategy to distract himself of what he had to do. While the wisp was bonded with his systems, it was also bonded with his data. He would have to damage himself to finish the thing off. It was weak, he could tell that much.
He charged the spear with electricity.
Trust me, this will hurt you, Wisp, more than it hurts me... I hope.
He plunged the spear towards his chest, but stopped. He couldn't bring himself to do it. He fell to his knees, disgusted with himself. But then, a voice rang out.
HEY! HEY! C'mon! GET UP! These little things can't put you on time out! C'MONNNNN! DO IT! KICK IT'S BUTT!
Voltman didn't know where it came from, but he grinned. MiniVolt was right. He stood up tall, holding the spear firmly with both hands, and plunged the tip toward his chest. As it connected, it turned into an electric blast, scouring his systems. He fell onto one knee for support, and gasped for breath. But still, if it wasn't for MiniVolt...
Wait, wasn't MiniVolt chasing after the wisp, thinking it was a pinata? Then... who had yelled out? He saw his doppleganger coughing.
He couldn't have...
Could he?

Then, he saw his allies. They were even worse off than he had been, with what appeared to be multiple wisps in them. He cupped his hands around his mouth, and cheered for them.
Come on! Go! You can fight off the wisps! It's all in your head! Literally! Just fight them off! You can do it! FIIIIIGHT!!!
Voltman massaged his throat, which had become a little sore, and put the cough drop MiniVolt had created in his mouth. The blast had taken more out of him than he had thought...
Still, he was wary of any wisps that might come out of his allies and looking for a new place to go.

Overview:
1. No action due to Wisp possession
2. MiniVolt pinata party! (9 damage to Wisp D, if I can attack the thing in my head. Otherwise, just for fluff.)
3. Normal attack to self/wispD (9 damage each?)
4. Cheer on other allies/Dodge
((hey, not for nothin', but where'd 30HP of mine from using my Recov30 go? Where'd I get hit??))
"Well that was stupid...." muttered Junior, "I get close to Stryder and when she breaks free of one spirit, it latches onto me." He reviewed his situation and studied the power of these new wisps.

"So, they take more damage and they don't have a strong a presence inside you." Wes observed, "Fling them off quick, towards the center of the stage where they'll be easy targets. Then stun them."

Junior began concentrating the flow of energy within him, preparing to eject the ghosts from his body. WHile two of them would require more effort to remove, it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. He felt like groaning as he heard one of his allies chiding him, "Yeah, yeah, old man. You sound like my...." He didn't finish his sentence. The grief that rolled through him almost made him lose his concentration, "Damn it, old man, you got me in a bad mood now." He gritted his teeth and his temperature began to heat up. This was no attack he was forming, though, no fire chip data. His anger rose and inside him he attempted to squeeze the wisps. They weren't going to escape his mind's grasp. He spread his hand out before him and shot out a virus of each. His hand retreated to his face as the two enemies were expelled and he plucked his glasses off his attractive, but someone nerdy looking, face. He closed both eyes and gave a sigh, calming down again, then let loose with his technique. His eyes popped open and he gave the enemies before him a seductive smile. Then, as a clincher, he gave them a wink full of all sorts of naughty suggestions, though as blobs of viral data, they probably wouldn't appreciate it. A bit of energy escaped from the eyelid as it closed as well, which would make whatever it hit feel heavy and unsteady. Now that his work was down, Junior took a few steps back, keeping watch over Stryder, for two reasons. First, he wanted to make sure she would stay safe. Second, she didn't want any of her little companions latching onto him again, "Just give it a bit more and you'll be free." He whispered so quietly it was likely she couldn't hear. He was just hoping the setiment would reach her.

((1.) Eject WispC
2.) Eject WispF
3.) Sexy Wink, stun or lower accuracy to any enemies out in the open, up to five foes
4.) Dodge))
((AW CRAP! I miscalculated my CDs, sry. Elmer's Grace was at 1 turn lower CD, so I've edited my reminders to reflect. k?))
Pianissimo looked at the wisps as he slashed down one...and the others retreated inside his allies. "This...is unfortunate. No matter though."
Looking around, Pianissimo spotted a rather large chunk of debris, casting a similarly large shadow. That'll do nicely. Walking over to it while the wisps were occupied posessing his allies, Pianissimo crouched down in the shadow. The wisps shouldn't notice him here, which was good, considering they'd be open for a surprise attack as soon as the others dealt with them...assuming that they didn't notice and posess him. He deactivated the RageClaw...the less space he took up, the better.
"Guys..." he whispered to the wind, "I can do nothing until the wisps release you. Good luck."

All dodge

Sorry for the wait and the short post, it took me a while to think of ANYTHING I could do in this situation.
Voltman successfully stabs himself. Congratulations. However, the electric shock does damage the unsuspecting Wisp, deleting it!

Soulman ejects his Wisps. Frustrated, the two surviving Wisps head towards what they know to still be a helpless target, in preparation to engulf it completely: Stryder. However, they are cheated of their kill when a massive gush of water erupts from below and deletes her.

WispA: 100 [vulnerable]
WispB: 100 [vulnerable]
WispC: 70
WispD: Deleted
WispE: Deleted
WispF: 20

????: Submerged?

Junior: 100
Nachamen: 160.
Pianissimo: 90
Voltman: 111
Stryder: -DELETED!- 300z lost (I'm feeling lenient.)
Voltman rubbed his stomach.
Damn. That hurt more than I thought it would.
Suddenly, he saw two of the wisps expelled from the body of his ally. Without missing a beat, however, they headed for the girl who was still struggling with two wisps possessing her.
Shigeru! We've got to do something! Four wisps will probably kill her!
Right! Cannon, slot...
But suddenly, a giant piece of ice cracked around Stryder, and water started gushing through the breaks. And Voltman barely had time to gasp before a giant pillar of water engulfed her. He could barely make out a giant head below the surface of the water before it disappeared. The fountain sunk into the freezing sea once more and all that was left of Stryder were a few pieces of stray data floating around. Voltman stared.
Oh, balls! Shigeru! SHIGERU!! Get me out of here!
No can do! The battle routine hasn't ended yet! It's created an impromptu jack-out barrier!
Voltman swore profusely under his breath.
Only one thing to do now, then.
And what would that be?
Go out swinging. Send me the Areagrab, Boomerang, and Heatshot.
Right! Triple slot-in!
Voltman channeled the areagrab data into his latent memory, which he noticed with some interest seemed to have been growing lately. It was like there was his memory, which could be compared to a garage for putting useless things you'd only ever need a few other times in, was being added to. He had the original garage memory, but he also seemed to have a memory like that of a cave the size of a mansion. He didn't remember things anymore. He just remembered everything. And he seemed to have increased processing speed as well.
It was amazing. Like having memory banks the size of Scilab's superprocessors.
But he focused back on the task at hand. Beating the crap out of the wisps. He loaded the boomerang, and readied the areagrab. He'd only have a split second's opportunity after he warped before the enemies would wise up and realize that, hey, there's this stupid bastard firing stuff at us.
Suddenly, Shigeru's voice broke through the quagmire of Voltman's new near-infinite memory.
Voltman!
What?! Voltman replied, annoyed that his concentration had been broken.
Just go already!
Voltman shook his head. He could always count on Shigeru to bring him back down to Earth.
He activated the areagrab, and time seemed to freeze. He started with a jog of about two steps, before he started running. Where he had been jogging, there was a blue Voltman-shaped outline where light had attempted to follow him before giving up. He ran over to where the dazed wisps that had just escaped from Stryder were lined up, and deactivated the areagrab.
To anyone watching, he had just warped with the accompaniment of a small blue blur.
Now, to finish off the bastards that held my ally in place for that monster to kill her.
He quickly loaded the boomerang and the heatshot, and aimed the boomerang towards the enemies, and the heatshot towards the boomerang. He fired the heatshot first by a fraction of a second, and then fired off the boomerang. The heatshot connected, lighting the wooden weapon, and narrowly missing Voltman thanks to his firing of the boomerang. The flaming weapon whizzed through the air towards the wisps, and Voltman did some quick calculations.
Structural integrity of the weapon is quite good, seeing as it's a purified weapon, a.k.a. battlechip, so with the flames decreasing the integrity as it flies with oxygen in somewhat adequate supply for the flames... it should survive two hits, and the flames could survive either one or two.
Good. Just enough to finish off the wisps. Now, for the more pressing question:
How the hell did I know all that?!?

Overview:
1. Areagrab to line up WispA and WispB
2,3. Flaming Boomerang to Wisps A+B (Heatshot+boomerang. 60 Wood damage to both enemies, 40 Fire damage to WispA and possibly to WispB due to splash)
4. Dodge
Watching, Pianissimo saw Voltman and Junior expel the wisps posessiong them, while Stryder...
...was hit from below by a column of water.
Crap! This is bad. We're down one ally, and she was taken out by a powerful opponent. We don't need this now...
Suddenly he saw an opening. One of the wisps that had been posessing Junior was largely ignored by his allies, who were after the ones dazed by the attack on Stryder. In fact, it was an open target. And concealing himself in the shadows proved a good idea. None of the wisps had made to posess him.
Pianissimo sat in the shadows, appearing to be contemplating his next move, before sinking deeper and deeper into the darkness, until he was no longer there.
So that's what the other signature attack program does.
On the other side of the wisp from where Pianissimo had been hiding, something stirred. A mere ripple, in appearance, but nothing to be concerned with. Things like this did occasionally happen on the net. It was even more expected considering the warped net area. Nothing for the wisps or anything else to be concerned with.
Boy were they wrong.
Out of the ripple, Pianissimo shot toward the unsuspecting wisp, katana held in front of him. Before it would've been able to react, Pianissimo had already thrust the katana through the ball of mist.
I think I'm going to like this attack.

Jumping back, Pianissimo waited, ready to jump back to the shadows if any wisps survived.

1. dodge/set up for C&D
2. Cloak and Dagger WispC - 70 damage, unavoidable
3-4. dodge
Keeping his distance from Stryder proved wise as she was suddenly taken out by some fluctuation in the water. Junior jumped when he heard the explosion, "What the hell was..... Stryder? Shit! Stryder!" He prepared to race forward, but Wes cut him off.

"It looked like a clean plug out. There isn't any bits of data scattered around so none of her code should have been lost. The attack was meant to cause damage, not corrosion. She's fine." Wes assured his navi. He didn't need the kid doing something stupid midbattle. Though something was bothering Wes.... Since when did geysers occur in Sharo net? Perhaps someone had dropped a minibomb or something into the water and it just now went off. That seemed reasonable enough. Still, he didn't really want his navi to get to close to the hole.

"Fine, time to attack. What should I do?" Junior asked. He started to move forward a bit, teeth clenched. Meanwhile, two other navis had begun their assault.

"So everyone's just attacking something random, huh?" Wes commented. He nonchalantly slotted in a Recovery10, then looked down with dismay at his remaining chips, "Five left....... Junior, your Finger Shot is back. Use it to take finish off those two your little buddy there is attacking. If all goes well, he'll finish them off with his attacks but it'd be better if you assured they're finished. Looks like that other guy has dibs on the stray spirit. The copycat doppleganger navi can handle the last one. Got it?"

Light washed over Junior as a bit of HP was replenished. He quietly glanced back at where Stryder had stood, then turned back to his foes, "Sure. I'll kill them dead." He muttered angerily. He raised his hands to the sky as he prepared his attack. The skin on his arm prickled as the energy from his whole frame began to migrate through it. He felt a tickling sensation as all of the power divided itself into ten portions, each one taking residence in an individual digit. He then swung each arm down, bringing each's aim to bear on a respective virus. He fired off five tiny rays of light from each hand, which then fused together into two thick beams of light, racing towards the foes, "Do unto others as they have done to you.... Now rip, tear, cut through those two imperfections just as Stryder was struck done by their fiendish powers!"

Wes stared as his navi, a bit surprise at the amount of feeling he had put into his attack. His wonder soon turned to dismay as he realized his navi was just standing their, as if oblivious to the threat the hovered nearby, "You might want to move...."

"Perhaps." unfazed by the sarcasm, Junior kept his position.

Wes sighed. The viruses had ticked Junior off and now he was stubbernly trying to hold his ground. Even though this set of attacks would probably decimate the enemy numbers, this wasn't the time to be careless, "How about I use the BBS to make sure she's all right?"

Junior stood still for a minute, then relaxed his stance, "Okay." He crouched down a bit, ready to jump to the side if anything approached.

Wes shook his head. The things he had to do....... He began typing away at a message, checking the time quick. How long would it take for his food to arrive? Shouldn't be too long. He might also want to consider putting on some form of pants soon too....

((1.) Recovery10, Junior
2.) Soul Finger Shot, 60 to WispA, 70* to WispB
3.) Dodge
4.) Dodge

*Untapped Power used))
Nachahmen looked on as the wave came crashing by, taking note to watch his step. He turned his focus back to the wisps, and noticed most of his allies were already on the offensive.
Well, while they have those down...

He looked around as he thought, then spotted the last wisp, somewhat weakened, it seemed. As he watched it, crosshairs became visible in his eyes, taking in various patterns it presented in motion. Nac then called upon the recently received data from the last battle, and a wide buster appeared on his left arm, reminiscent of a vacuum nossel. He took a quick look at it, never seeing such a weapon before, then regained his focus and took aim at the wisp.

Well, It's new, but doesn't seem too different from anything I've used before. Let's see how it affects this crappy thing.

He coughed a bit as he got a solid line of sight between the buster and the wisp and quickly reacted, gushing forth a wave of water at high speeds toward it's target. Nachahmen was somewhat surprised, and began coughing hysterically.

So that's how this thing works...

Summary

0: Snipe
1: Sniping Wideshot-80Dmg, increased accuracy-WispF
2: Dodge
3: Dodge
4: Dodge
All enemies deleted!

Reward: 1kz, Powerbolt for all.

The water all around suddenly becomes choppier, like a storm on the open seas, and then, like some massive geological event, a moat is suddenly formed around the area where the Navis stand-- and then massive walls of water erupt from the moat.

The tidal-wave sized barriers show no signs of abating.

A massive surge of pure power restores the Navis to health, just before they feel a massive vibration in the Net.

[chips and HP restored]
Suddenly, for reasons unknown, Nachahmen gets a comm link from Zanzo.

Ah....CHOO!

...You ok?

Yeah, but it looks like you're locked in.

Nachahmen coughed a bit.

Eh, we should be able to handle it. After all, we have some fresh blood here, and I still have some tricks under my sleeve...
"So you're healed, huh? That kind of makes the Recovery chip I sent you worthless..." mumbled Wes.

"Are you complaining?" Junior adjusted his glasses a bit. As the battle had ended, they had turned transparent, only to switch immediately back to black. That was a clear sign that they weren't finished here yet.... just in case the water barrier wasn't enough of a clue.

"Meh, still. It makes me feel kind of useless..." Wes said. He then stood up, "Well, I'm getting dressed in case something happens and I need to run somewhere quick. Yell whenever Mr. Weather appears." He then walked away from his screen.

"He does realize the name Mr. Weather is taken, right?" Junior sighed, "Am I the only one who watches the news? I wonder if he posted that message up or if he forgot? I hate being kept in suspense." Junior held his arms up defensively in front of him and his eyes darted around the field. He had to be ready.....
The barrier hadn't vanished. Pianissimo was still stuck, waiting for more enemies to appear. He had managed to get back to the shadows, where he now hid on the edge, but for how long? Would he be next to be swallowed up by water, just like Stryder?

Suddenly, a mass vibration shook the net, dropping Pianissimo to the ground. Standing back up as he managed to get used to the sudden netquake, Pianissimo looked at his remaining allies. "Get ready," he said. "Something's coming, and it's probably a good deal worse than a few wisps."