Flying at Lightspeed

"You know which way the airport site is, Mir?" checked Emily.

"... Audio only." ordered Mir frustratedly, voiding her Operator's video screen in an instant.

"Huh? What was that for?" asked a wounded Emily.

"I'm not going to walk through a network largely dominated by a college campus with the image of one its most esteemed guest lectures 100% naked over my shoulder." explained Mir curtly.

"Ah...!" responded Emily, finally showing a little shame as she blushed a little. "I'll get dressed in a minute, I swear..."

"Good girl." praised Mir as she made her way towards her destination.

(Battle 1 Start)
As Mir went further into the Dentech Network, she found herself standing among a field of electrically charged magnet terrain. The tingling sensation rose up from her foot and throughout her body, energizing the navi in a small degree. However, one couldn't be so energized when viruses were standing in their way...

A pair of Bunnies, hyper-charged and hyper-excited thanks to the Magnet panel, was jumping up and down without any sort of sign to stop. On the other hand, a pair of Snoozy was lying on the ground almost motionless, not showing the ounce of enthusiasm compare to the other viruses.

Of course, when they realized something else was taking in the Magnet's power, they quickly turned their attention towards Mir!

SnoozyA: 60 HP
SnoozyB: 60 HP
BunnyA: 50 HP
BunnyB: 50 HP

Terrain:
100% Magnet

Mir.EXE: 100 HP

-BATTLE ONE, START!-
"Huh... I had no idea Dentech had areas configured like this. It's like I'm back in NAXA already." noted Mir to herself as she observed the high concentration of electricity in the battle. This was quite a pleasant surprise for Mir, who through prior experiences had become all too familiar with the number of Wood viruses lurking in and around the university network. She understood why Emily bought the apartment here since the majority of her presence in Electopia was by request of Dentech U, but no doubt that Mir would've enjoyed Electown so much more...

"Dentech's more varied than most places, actually. There are a lot of old codes left behind by former students, and after a while they start affecting the composition of the surrounding network. That's what draws in the strange collection of viruses that Dentech has... at least, that's what the dean told me a few weeks ago." explained Emily.

"Wah!" yelped Mir, who had no idea Emily was still here. Her braided ponytail whipped around her head as she flinched, having thought she was entirely alone. "Hey, Emily, what happened to you getting dressed?!"

"I said it'd just be a minute, and you need chips first, right?" answered Emily, who at least had the foresight to re-wrap her towel around her body before approaching Mir. Emily's left hand was currently indisposed of as it held her towel up against her chest, but despite that she managed to sort through her chips quite effectively with just the right. "Okay, here's two chips for you, Mir." she announced after slotting a pair of Battlechips into her PET.

"Great, thanks. Now go put some clothes on!" ordered Mir as the chip data loaded into the LTC. With the Shotgun primed to shoot first, Mir triggered the firing protocols and pointed her fancy weapon at one of the two Bunnies bouncing around. In the usual near-instantaneous pattern, the cannon's Lumian tank charged up, loaded in the necessary amount of particles, and...

"Oh, Mir, adjust your aim 0.0056 degrees right and 0.021 degrees down. I noticed your aiming formulas are losing a little precision to rounding." interrupted Emily abruptly, still having made no progress with those clothes.

Caught by surprise again, Mir fumbled the LTC in her grip as she had to hastily cancel the particle blast from firing. "Emily! Clothes! On! Now!" shouted Mir angrily, chasing off her Operator in a hurry. Despite her frustrations with Emily seemingly wanting to be naked all day, Mir acknowledged her instructions before pulling the LTC's trigger and firing a bullet of Lumian particles at the first bunny, with every intent to bounce it off to the second. As she attacked, though, Mir had a thought: how did Emily decide that all of sudden? Her trajectory calculations had several variables changing values almost constantly... Well, the girl was a supergenius. Sometimes her methods were just best left alone.

Mir's thoughts got a little off-track after Emily's interruption, and one thing she neglected to do as a result was tell the LTC to stop building up ammo. That was quickly addressed, but either way Mir still had enough of a Lumian supply for a shot she hadn't planned. Shrugging, Mir just went with the opportunity, pointed her cannon at one of the two sleeping viruses, and fired a single large pulse cluster that quickly shot towards its target. Mir then triggered her second chip... or, she would've, but the LTC suddenly started overheating.

"Oh crap!" gasped Mir, thinking initially that she had overtaxed the cannon with that second successive fire. It quickly sank into her mind, though, that this was a familiar situation. With her hands protected from the increasingly hot LTC thanks to the gloves of her spacesuit, Mir checked a few things on the data screen, and yeah... FireHit. Oh how she wished for the day that she'd never have to use this chip again, or at least, not get surprised by how it executed every time. Now aware of the lack of danger, though, Mir attacked with the FireHit as she had previously figured how to, reversing her grip on the LTC and swinging it around like a club. The retained heat on the LTC immediately fanned out into the air and caught ablaze, then chased after the other Snoozy that Mir hadn't already attacked. Not wanting to deal with that twice, Mir made sure to expel ALL the heat in one swing this time, then stepped back on the comfortable Magnet panels to watch what the viruses would do.

Actions:
--Rocket Science (Passive Take Aim) to:
1) Shotgun (50 damage [A++], Spread 1) @ BunnyA/B
2) Quantum Striking (60 Elec damage [A+], 2TCD) @ SnoozyA
3) FireHit1 (60 Fire damage [A], Impact) @ SnoozyB
4) Dodge
Stepping back to watch what the viruses do was actually pretty simple really, they all roasted. Constant, consecutive blasts of her mighty laser cannon, Mir was able to easily overstrike the viruses, ending their terror almost as quickly as they had tried to cause it. Even with the interruption of having to scold her nude operator about needing to put on something to make her decent.

Enemies
Snoozy A: Deleted
Snoozy B: Deleted
Bunny A: Deleted
Bunny B: Deleted

Terrain
100% Magnet

Ally
Mir.EXE: 100HP

—Battle 1, Victory!—
Mir: 480z
"Whew..." sighed a relieved Mir at the end of the battle. There was really no telling if she would ever become comfortable with that FireHit chip. It was just so... ugh. Once her nerves had settled, Mir walked over to the viral remains and uploaded the left behind zenny to the PET. "Emily, did that upload fine?"

... Nothing. Which was actually great news, as that meant Emily was probably finally putting some clothes on. Mir just smiled slightly, relieved to see that issue resolved, and moved on closer to the airport link.

(Battle 2 Start)
Venturing on, Mir would come across what almost looked like a child's playset off in the distance, as she could see a tower standing over what appeared to be two planes constantly taking off, circling then landing. Curious though, the navi pressed on, and soon found that no it wasn't a playset, just playing viruses!

Once close enough she could easily make out the solid runway the Planes had been using for take offs and landings, while the tower wasn't so after all, but it definitely seemed to be signaling the fighters, because once Mir was close enough, the set of viruses seemed to all start locking on for an attack!

Though curious enough, there happened to be a green glow off behind the tower Gunner.

Enemies
FighterPlane A: 140HP
FighterPlane B: 140HP
Gunner: 60HP [Normal]

Terrain
60% Normal
40% Metal [Runway]

Ally
Mir.EXE: 100HP [Normal]

Misc
GMD: 15HP [Normal]

—Battle 2, Start!—
"Planes... Of course..." sighed Mir after recognizing the dry humor of the powers that be, having opted to interrupt her trip to the airport network with FighterPlanes. That omnipotent silliness aside, FighterPlanes were pretty sturdy viruses, and that could become problematic with Emily away. Mir was resolved to deal with it, though, because she'd rather just take a defensive strategy against them for a little while than have her Operator return all of a sudden, still just as naked as she was before.

That said, Mir wasn't so helpless by herself that she couldn't at least dispatch the Gunner supporting the FighterPlanes from ground level. It was even guarding a Mystery Data, so Mir's want of that only furthered her focus on that strategy. Skipping the witty one-liners that some Navis favored with their attacks, Mir only lifted her LTC into firing position, precisely targeted the Gunner so as to not shame the NAXA badge on her spacesuit, and fired a single pulse of super high-density Lumians at the virus. Physically speaking, she was just shooting a cannonball (made of light), so the execution of the shot was simple... relatively speaking. This was still cutting-edge quantum physics at work, after all.

Having done that, Mir put her focus back on the FigherPlanes, which would certainly be aggressive now if they weren't already. Lacking the extra firepower to combat them directly without Battlechips, Mir lowered the LTC out of firing position and was ready to dodge when...

"Mir! I heard... a shot...! Do you need help with... Waaah!" shouted Emily, entering the fray like a whirling storm, bouncing around on one foot as she fought with her underwear. That battle could be called a draw, as the girl did succeed in equipping her panties, but also fell flat on her rear after doing so. For all her prodigal mental coordination, it seemed that Emily paid the toll with her physical coordination.

"... Haaah..." sighed Mir through a deep breath, before responding. "Alright, before I turn around and look at the video screen, tell me: are you dressed?"

"Erm... Somewhat? I got my panties and bra on before I heard all that battle noise." answered Emily frankly.

"That's... progress, I suppose. Just give me some chips to make do with for now, then get back to your closet, please." requested Mir, emphasizing that last part heavily.

"Okay. Here's this and that... Oh, but before you use the Thunder, try this firing coordinates. Such a slow-moving projectile won't do much good against a flying target on a straight trajectory." explained Emily, recalculating a firing route in one-tenth of the time it took her to put on underwear. What an amazing girl.

"Uh huh... Got it. Now go put some proper clothes on, Emily." replied Mir, processing her Operator's calculations and applying them to the chip in question. Before dealing with that, though, Mir loaded up the other Battlechip into the LTC. The ZapRing's launch routines, already run several times at this point, were a simple input for Mir as she input the data and started aiming for one of the airborne FighterPlanes. Once both the computational targeting and her own focus were locked in, Mir pulled the trigger, firing the Lumian-based ZapRing out in a circular pulse from her cannon's barrel. With that off on its course, Mir quickly loaded the remaining Thunder and changed her targeting to fit Emily's calculations. The accurate Navi paused for just a moment to let the second FighterPlane get into position before shooting, casting the glowing orb out in a direction seemingly unrelated to the virus's flight course. Naturally, though, that would try to work itself out, as the Thunder's homing function worked itself into place just in line with the calculations of the genius Operator.

With the duo of Stun-inducing chips fired to try and ground the flying enemies, Mir removed herself from the immediate fray, lowering the LTC and assuming an evasive stance. Thinking for a second on how the FighterPlanes attacked, Mir realized she was about to find out how good she was at dodging bullet spray...

Actions:
1) Quantum Striking (60 Elec damage [A+], 2TCD) @ Gunner
2) ZapRing1 (45 Elec damage [A+], Stun 1) @ FighterPlaneA
3) Thunder1 (45 Elec damage [A], Stun 1, Homing) @ FighterPlaneB
4) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Quantum Striking - 2 turns
A precise burst of energy directed at the Gunner executed it quite nicely, taking out a good source of damage for the moment. [-60] The planes began to strafe about Mir in response, trying to gun her down with some strafing action, with some shots landing. [-5x3] Gritting her teeth through the damage, she released her next attacks, her aim landing the bursts of electricity perfectly. [-45/Stun, -45/Stun]

Enemies
FighterPlane A: 95HP [Stun!]
FighterPlane B: 95HP [Stun!]
Gunner: DELETED

Terrain
60% Normal
40% Metal [Runway]

Ally
Mir.EXE: 85HP [Normal]

Misc
"Ack! One of those bullets actually got through my suit..." whimpered Mir as she examined her left sleeve, which the bullet cut straight through to deliver a grazing hit to her bare arm. Data bits were derezzing from the cut, but the pace was tepid at best and did not need immediate tending to in her mind. Elsewhere, Mir's suit held up to the other 2 bullets, leaving her nothing but a little soreness as the armor and thick padding absorbed most of the piercing strength of the projectiles. Whenever she got hit, Mir had to wonder why Navis by default were given a sense of pain. This... really had no viable purpose, as far as she could tell.

But that aside, the damage Mir suffered was minimal, while the offending FighterPlanes were both disabled by her pinpoint blasts of electrical/quantum interference. The upper hand was undoubtedly hers, although... Frankly, she and the viruses were at a stalemate. She already used the reserve Lumian supply in the LTC to destroy the Gunner, so without new Battlechips, Mir didn't have the significant damage needed to dispose of the two aerodynamic enemies. If only...

"There we go! All dressed, Mir." Such convenient timing. Emily returned to her PET, sporting a fresh, muted red blouse and a new pair of denim capris. Not much of a changeup, but she wasn't out to make a fashion statement. She was still fidgeting with her hairclip while saying this, but Mir was willing to give that a pass.

After giving a visual once-over of her Operator to confirm as much, Mir nodded and asked, "Could you send me more chips, then? I have a few things I need to clean up." while pointing at the electrically bound FighterPlanes.

"Ooh, aren't you efficient..." said Emily after getting her hair in proper place, admiring her Navi's work. "Hmm... These viruses are pretty resilient for fliers, so I'm not going to hold back. This should be more than enough, I hope." With that, Emily picked out a wholesome 3 more Battlechips from her options and slotted each into the NAXA-branded PET one by one.

"I don't think I could look at myself in a mirror if I missed a stationary target..." mumbled Mir aloud as the weapon supply arrived. With the Shotgun first in queue, Mir made little ceremony of the basic gun and quickly fired, aiming to catch both downed viruses with the spray of Lumian particles. She then triggered the second Battlechip, assuming it to be her FireHit as the LTC in her hands began to emit an alarming red glow. Before she could start fanning it off as per her usual procedure, though, the LTC burped up flames from the end of its barrel and straight at the FighterPlanes. In retrospect Mir would learn that this was the new FireBurn at work, and only furthered her depressing theory that every Fire chip was going to give the LTC fits like this. For now, though, she still had one more chip to use, and thankfully it was far more suited to the quantum light cannon. The Lumian tank at the LTC's back end went into overdrive to fuel the triggered Arsenal, and the resulting beam launched from the cannon's barrel streaked straight past the first FighterPlane on a route to destroy whatever may be left of the second virus. With her chips expended, Mir stepped back and watched for the results of her work.

Actions:
1) Shotgun (50 damage [A+], Spread 1) @ FighterPlaneA/B
2) FireBurn1 (50 Fire damage [A+], Line Attack 3) @ FighterPlaneA/B
3) Arsenal1 (45 Elec damage + 15 Elec damage x 4 hits [A+]) @ FighterPlaneB
4) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Quantum Striking - 1 turn
Planes were shot at, burned, and laser'd. Good times. Especially since they couldn't do a thing but take the hits. And all the while, the Mystery Data was safe and sound and not at all destroyed. Always a nice bonus.

Enemies
FighterPlane A: DELETED
FighterPlane B: DELETED
Gunner: DELETED

Terrain
60% Normal
40% Metal [Runway]

Ally
Mir.EXE: 85HP [Normal]

Misc

-----BATTLE TWO, COMPLETE-----

Rewards: 450z

And now, there was a certain green data crystal just floating there. Question was, would it be opened?
"Hehe, not that easy when you can't fly, is it?" giggled Mir with her victory. Granted, in terms of fair play that was a really cheap win since the FighterPlanes couldn't even defend themselves. But they attacked her, so whatever.

"Oh, is that the airport link on the horizon?" queried Emily with a peering glance into her PET.

"Umm..." muttered Mir as she squinted her eyes. "Yeah, it is! Lemme just grab this data before I go through." With that said, Mir approached the Mystery Data and accessed its contents.

(Open MD)
And the data is opened, revealing a nifty BattleChip!

Mir GET: Totem1 BattleChip data
"Oh, another Battlechip! Lucky!" exclaimed Mir in surprise as the green data block produced a chip just as the last Mystery Data she found did. "Emily, do you still have some blanks with you?"

"Um..." muttered Emily as she started opening drawers, "... Yes! Here's one, I'll slot it in right now. What kind of chip is it?"

"Lemme check..." said Mir with a pause as she ran a scan on the chip while it uploaded. "It's... another Fire chip? Oh dear... At least it's a standalone chip, so maybe the LTC doesn't have to overheat for this one."

"But the overheating doesn't actually damage anything, right?" questioned Emily as the Totem finished transferring to her PET.

"Well, yeah... but it's still pretty scary..." sighed Mir before closing the chip's info window. "Anyway, the airport's link is just over there, so I'll get going. Maybe I'll get lucky and not find anymore viruses..." she added, probably jinxing it in the process.

(Battle 3 Start)
With set goal in mind, the navi ventured ever forward, and it seemed sure enough she was starting to reach towards her goal, because the network around started to change in appearance the closer she got to the terminal access link. Though perhaps not for the better, all around, as far as the eye could see, smooth transparent panels made up the floor, making it easy to see into the raw circuitry boards and vast collection of data energy transferring just beyond the panels. So much so it might even be frightening, as to what would happen if that seemingly frail terrain shattered and one could fall.

Well, that risk aside, a greater risk seemed to arrive, because while the navi admired the view, she'd quickly find herself standing off against a small squad of viruses, that looked none too happy at all to see her.

Enemies
Armadill A: 100HP
Amradill B: 100HP
Catack: 120HP
Melody A: 80
Melody B: 80

Terrain
100% Glass

Ally
Mir.EXE: 85HP

—Battle 3, Start!—
"Glass?" asked a confused Emily at the sight of the ground around the airport link. "How strange... This seems entirely illogical given how loud airport terminals can get. Hopefully there aren't any outbound flights pending to shatter it all..."

"I'm a little more worried about the viruses on the glass, personally... They're all hard-hitting types, and I don't think the glass is going to hold up long if a fight with them drags on." noted Mir, particularly of the Armadills and the Catack. "But really, the link is right there, how did these guys manage to cut me off?" she added with a sigh, pointing to her destination on the other side of her enemies.

"No use fretting over that now, Mir. Let's try out the chip that came out of the Mystery Data just now; it seems like it'd help when you're outnumbered like this." replied Emily as she picked up her new Totem off the dresser in her bedroom. Before she slotted it into the PET, however, Emily paused and fell into thought for a second. "... Dunno how the LTC will run an object chip, though..." she muttered, before shrugging it off and letting the experiment sort itself out.

Not just an object chip though, thought Mir as the data uploaded. She had given the Totem's information a glance before running into this last group of viruses, and somehow or another this thing was running both Fire and Wood designations, neither of which agreed with the very high-tech LTC all that well. Despite those reservations, Mir did run the chip's routine through her cannon, allowing the object to materialize itself right beside her. Thankfully, the LTC took the lazy way out of interpreting the strange Totem, simply reformatting it into a grounded probe of similar shape. Its lone camera eye shifted the lens focus so the Totem probe could get an accurate view of what it and its summoner were up against.

"... Well alright, I guess we can call this 2 vs. 5 now." declared Mir cautiously, while keeping her safe distance from the probe. Given her prior experiences, it was pretty fair for her to be nervous about anything Fire element that the LTC spawned. "Is it really going to help much, though? What if it explodes or-"

*fwooooom*

Before Mir could finish that hypothetical, the Totem provided an answer by opening a slot on its front and spewing waves of intense fire upon the viruses. The initial focus of the Totem's surprise flamethrower was the first Armadill, before the probe rotated itself around to spread the blaze across the glass to the second Armadill and one of the Melodies. Once it had spread its blaze around thoroughly enough, the Totem closed its flamethrower slot an assumed an idle position to notify Mir that it was done with its business for now.

"..." Unconsciously, Mir had already braced the LTC in front of her as a shield at the sight of the Totem's produced wildfire, and that response was about the best she could muster. Words failed her as she, an Elec Navi testing NAXA's penultimate project, once again was reduced to roasting viruses with what amounted to exhaust fumes. She was really beginning to dislike fire...

"Hmm... That was pretty effective as far as the fight goes, but a flamethrowing probe isn't going to provide any viable new data for the LTC..." sighed Emily in recognition of the lost efficiency. "Oh well, I don't think we need much more trial data at this point anyway. Let's just focus on getting you through these viruses and to the airport's page. Can you do anything about the all this glass? Such fragile footing seems... treacherous."

"Um... Oh! Maybe I can call in a request to the Terraforming Satellite Network. " exclaimed Mir with a realization, before making a few taps with her finger on the LTC's touchscreen. "Something sturdy... Err, which satellite class was that again? Not Torch, that's lava... Ah, Saber! Okay, 3 should be strong enough... Here we go!" With all those mumbled calibrations sorted out, Mir assumed her firing stance, lifed the LTC skyward, and shot a single Lumian beam high up and far beyond where the eye could see. A second passed... Two seconds... Well, not really, this was beyond-lightspeed communication after all. Almost instantly, the sky responded to Mir's beam, raining down more beams tenfold onto the ground. The glass around Mir and the Totem probe glowed a bright red as the beams danced around them, completely overwriting the transparent appearance of the terrain until the light faded, leaving only in place a flooring of stark, opaque steel.

"Wow... That was pretty extravagant for some minor terraforming." noted Emily after the laser light show concluded, having never actually seen NAXA's digital satellite arrays at work before.

"Gets the job done pretty well though, I'd say." replied Mir, tapping one of her boots against the metal ground to produce a satisfactory clang.

"True... Anyway, now that your footing is safe, here's the Thunder to fight back with more than just the Totem." explained Emily as she slotted in a second Battlechip for her Navi.

"Just coincidence that it'll produce some Lumian data for you, I'm sure." chided Mir playfully as the Thunder loaded into the LTC and she calibrated it to some firing vectors Emily sent along with it. She turned the LTC towards the second Melody that her Totem probe had not attempted to roast earlier, charged up the LTC for an instant, and then launched the electrically charged Lumian orb that lurched its way towards the bouncy virus. With that done, Mir retreated back a little on her platform of metal, hoping to avoid the hard attacks these viruses could deliver.

Actions:
1) Totem1 (100 HP Object, Fire/Wood Element Shift, 3 Turn Duration)
--Totem1 Fire Breath (100 Fire damage [A], Spread 2) @ ArmadillA/B/MelodyA
2) NTSN: Saber III (Large Area Metal Terrain, 1TCD) around self/Totem
3) Thunder1 (45 Elec damage [A], Stun 1, Homing) @ MelodyB
4) Dodge

Cooldowns:
NTSN: Saber III - 1 turn
Amadill, transform and roll out! Or at least that's what it seemed like, as while Mir summoned up her newly acquired probe, the Armadill seemed to have tried to attack right from the start, The flames washing right over the balled up first beast, which thankfully missed both navi and her little orb of an ally. The virus' own ally was not so fortunate as its own attack was far too slow and that sweeping flame easily roasted the beast to deletion, along with one of those bounding musical notes that happened to land in the fire's path.

Meanwhile with a charge of her far too large to fit her cannon and let out a lumbering ball of pure electrical power. And while the Melody saw it coming and bounced away, it wasn't prepared for the fact of its slow movement, and landed right atop the orb, shocking itself to deletion.

Which left her squaring off with the far too slow moving tank, that promptly opened up its top, a small head popped out before the cannoned sent a powerful blast the navi's way. Which she was quick to avoid, though her little spherical companion was not so lucky.

Enemies
Armadill A: 100HP [Metal] [Behind Mir]
Amradill B: Deleted
Catack: 120HP [Glass]
Melody A: Deleted
Melody B: Deleted

Terrain
70% Glass
30% Metal [Centered on Mir]

Ally
Mir.EXE: 85HP [Metal]

Misc
Totem1: 20HP [Metal]
Mir flinched a little as the Catack shot a shell at the Totem probe with a very audible bang, creating more than enough force on impact to shatter the glass that was underneath just moments ago. What a mess that would've caused... Somehow, though, the Totem endured the direct hit, refocusing its camera before a single LED light nearby flipped from red to green. The probe certainly would've been destroyed outright if the surviving Armadill managed to attack it too, but perhaps it was surprised by the sudden laser rain and subsequent terraforming and missed both the Totem and Mir as a result. With that particular virus now right behind her and the Catack ahead with its barrel pointed at Mir and her Totem, she was in quite a pickle.

There was, however, one advantage that belonged to Mir: the Armadill was on her turf now. The metallic flooring was a very strong conductor, and she had a cannon that was packing electrically-charged quantum particles. While that would likely create a variety of consequences, the only important one to Mir was that she could break through the pincer attack she was caught in. Since hesitating any further wouldn't do any good, Mir, without so much as a word said, suddenly turned her back on the Catack and dove to the side in an attempt to avoid damage should the tank virus be tempted to fire on her blind side. She quickly rolled over and rebalanced herself on one knee, lifted the LTC to point at the Armadill, and fired a dense charge of Lumians as she called the Quantum Striking protocol. The nearly-solid ball of light raced across the metal at the indiscernible speeds you'd expect of quantum particles, meeting its end destination well before Mir turned her attention back to the Catack.

"Emily, here's your chance for that last-minute data!" announced Mir as she locked in on the tank with the LTC.

"Yes!!! They're on the way!" responded Emily gleefully as she snatched her remaining two Elec chips up and slotted them in with much more speed and deftness than she normally displayed with the device. Motivation yielded performance, after all.

Having never switched off the LTC's Lumian filter after the first shot, Mir's weapon was chock-full of quantum goodness just in time for the two Battlechips to arrive. The firing routines for both the ZapRing and Arsenal were well-ingrained in Mir's mind by this point, allowing her to skillfully input the required calibrations in no time at all before loading the first chip in. The ZapRing drew about 25% of the LTC's particle supply away for itself, forming a bright ring of light within the cannon's barrel. With that good to go, Mir pulled the trigger and fired the ZapRing straight at the Catack, all while loading up the Arsenal at the same time. Being her strongest chip, it easily ate up all of the rest of the Lumian supply Mir had built up in the LTC before building up in the barrel. Rather than take a definite form like the ZapRing, the Arsenal just filled up the LTC's barrel entirely with a pool of Lumian-filled light before Mir fired, shooting it all out in a large beam entangled in 4 other smaller subbeams. The Catack wasn't on metal like the Armadill, granted, but electricity was still Mir's element and she definitely favored it in a tight spot.

Actions:
1) Dodge
2) Quantum Striking (60 Elec damage [A+], 2TCD; 60 points) @ ArmadillA
--Totem1 Heal (50 Heal) @ Mir
3) ZapRing1 (45 Elec damage [A+], Stun 1) @ Catack
4) Arsenal1 (45 Elec damage + 15 Elec damage x 4 hits [A++]) @ Catack

Cooldowns:
NTSN: Saber III - Ready
Quantum Striking - 2 turns
With a quick roll to the side to avoid the Catack's slow blast, the decisive strike of Mir's particle cannon ended the Armadill's short lifespan, and she received a bit of healing from the Totem as well. With its offenses exhausted, the tank virus was left as a sitting duck as Mir simply took out the remaining target with another barrage of Lumian-brand destruction.

Enemies
Armadill A: Deleted
Amradill B: Deleted
Catack: Deleted
Melody A: Deleted
Melody B: Deleted

Terrain
70% Glass
30% Metal [Centered on Mir]

Ally
Mir.EXE: 100HP [Metal]

Misc
Totem1: 20HP [Metal]

Battle 3, Victory!!
Rewards: [TankCannon1] Battlechip, 600z
"Wonderful new data~" hummed Emily as the fresh LTC data was uploaded along with the loot of battle. She immediately began probing the numerical information, dumping the zenny and chip data in an arbitrary folder as a lower priority.

"Is it really that interesting anymore? The experiment's done..." queried Mir wearily after finishing the transfer.

"Of course it is! It may be excess as far as the experiment's concerned, but this new data still falls in perfect line with my conclusions because-"

"I'd hope so, considering NAXA already took those conclusions and made a quantum laser satellite out of them, and that we're flying back home to fire it for the first time?" interrupted Mir to state the obvious. "It'd be more than bad if the data suddenly started deviating."

"Well yeah... It's just fun to see everything work out, you know?" explained Emily in a vague sort of way.

"Yeah, I do. It's like how not getting ambushed by more viruses 10 feet from my exit is fun." replied Mir with a very specific (and relevant) example. "On that note, I'm going to go buy your plane ticket."

"Mm, thanks Mir. I'll jack you out and head to the airport myself when you're done." said Emily gratefully as she finally gave up on the data and got moving.

(Jack Out)