Yay Netopia!

((Damage is split and shared between Deuce and Tennisman if either of them gets hit.))

The force of the viral attacks wasn't nearly as powerful as he expected, leaving Tennisman wondering if their bark was worse than their bite. If this was truly the extent of their offensive, what was there to be so afraid of? Of course, it was never that simple when it came to phobias and the lingering feeling of terror continued to grip him tightly. Still, it was hard to think with several large Powies sitting on top of him.

"...Windracket?" Desmond asked, slotting in the appropriate chip.

Tennisman charged the chip into his racket and swung his arm out with a grunt to lighten his burden. The wave of air cleared everything around him in a moment but it wouldn't stay that way. He needed to move. The first problem was the ground. Patches of sand, water and cracked panels littered the field and restricted his movements, mostly as a result of his own actions. This wouldn't stand as Tennisman pounded the floor, causing a large field of grass to pop up instantly in a large grid around himself. There was no delay and no time to make sure it was neat and proper. If it was green, it was good enough. Next, he summoned a tennis net in front of the N.O. to stall its attacks and recover some health. Deuce regenerated his barrier as Tennisman leapt away from his position having rested too long in one spot. He kept a careful watch to ensure he was still staying well within the limits of his grass court.

"That was kinda rough." Deuce noted.

"You THINK?" Desmond retorted, "That. Was. BRUTAL! Keep moving!"

That was easier said than done as his pursuers were relentless and nowhere near as passive and carefree as real jellyfish.

"Mag- No... HeatBreath." Tennisman requested.

"Aight...?" answered his operator, having seldom heard his navi conflicted.

Tennisman drew in a deep breath, feeling the air heat up in his chest. He craned his neck to the sky and waited for the Powies to come to him. With his back straightened, he opened his mouth to unleash a towering vortex of flames that scorched the air above him. Magma and molten blobs sprayed out like spittle, searing away the grass ahead as it arced out like a flare. As quickly as the inferno was ignited, it was extinguished just as fast.

"HiCannon." Tennisman called out next and struck his arm out at the last N.O. virus.

But, instead of a heavy cannon, Tennisman found himself armed with a Bandacoon clinging onto his wrist for dear life. Deuce let out a snort and a chuckle.

"...Oops." Desmond uttered.

Tennisman highly doubted his operator would make such a slip-up accidentally, but seeing as how the chip had already loaded he would make use of it. Tennisman gave his striped thief a good toss over what was left of his net and sent it soaring into the face of the N.O.'s large X.

"HiCannon." Tennisman repeated with a heavier tone.

The real chip loaded and warped his buster into a capable firearm. Taking aim as not to hit his own Bandacoon, he pointed it at the virus and fired, letting the weapon push him back without resisting its recoil.

((team subtype shares damage))
Deuce - (All for one) Windracket JellyPowieEXA, JellyPowieEXB, JellyPowieEXC (100 damage + microburst)
1 - Netplay + Reinforce (3-hit shield + 60 heal)
Deuce - Overwrap (40 HP barrier)
2 - Court Change - Grass (1/3-2/3 grass terrain)
Deuce - Brace (block 1 attack for half damage)
3 - dodge
4 - HeatBreath JellyPowieEXA, JellyPowieEXB, JellyPowieEXC, JellyPowieEXD (90 damage + cone + lava terrain) x2?
5 - Pickpocket BlueN.O.D (steal zenny or chip)
6 - HiCannon BlueN.O.D (80 damage + knockback)
Tennisman started off by boosting his defenses again, then changing his playing field into grass to accommodate his tactics. As he started a WindRacket move, the Powies began to glow blue. Then, as the wind moved, the Powies combined their forces to create a gigantic blue breath of water, which went through his defenses like a gigantic superheated claymore through a slab of butter. The attack was much too devastating for Deuce to handle, and his EJO routine kicked in. Tennisman was badly injured (90), but he retaliated with a breath of fire of his own that decimated all the Powies. With the Powies eliminated, the lone N.O. tried his hand at the lone wolf routine and fired a few beams towards Tennisman. He managed to dodge all but one. (60) Still going, Tennisman... let out a Bandcoon towards the N.O. The Liliputian virus looked at the Bandcoon with a slight tilt of its head, but not for long as the Bandcoon jumped towards it and gave it a sound whacking with its tail! It returned quickly to the tennis player, a prize wrapped in the tail. Tennisman then let out a HiCannon towards the dazed N.O, deleting it.

The Bandcoon let go of the prize in its tail, revealing chip data.

ViciousBasherA: DELETED
ViciousBasherB: DELETED
ViciousBasherC: DELETED
JellyPowieEX A: DELETED
JellyPowieEX B: DELETED
JellyPowieEX C: DELETED
JellyPowieEX D: DELETED
BlueN.O. A: DELETED
BlueN.O. B: DELETED
BlueN.O. C: DELETED
BlueN.O. D: DELETED

Terrain: 15% Sea, 50% Normal, 35% Grass

TennisMan: 190HP [Shield Breath'd]
Deuce: EJO [Barrier Destroyed]

Battle 18 - Victory!!
Rewards:
- 2000z
- [Magnum1] Battlechip
- Pickpocket: [N.O. Beam1] Battlechip

Magnum1
Damage: 120 + Breaking + Panel Breaking + 1 Target per charge (max 2 charges)
Accuracy: A
Description: Powerful Magnum blasts up to 3 enemies with charge! Rare
Duration: Once
Element: Fire

N.O.Beam1
Damage: 200 + Beam Attack
Accuracy: A
Description: If an obstacle is behind the user, a powerful laser is fired at the enemy. Rare
Duration: Once
Element: Null
Tennisman had been battered and beaten by a wave of completely unexpected breath attacks, similar the ones he had been using. Were these viruses capable of copying him? No, they were nothing like the lightning and fire elemental attacks he had been using. His body still felt the pangs and bruises echoing the force of the watery attacks. This was something innate to them. Looking around at the network, it made sense but what could have spawned such monstrosities?

"...Where is Deuce?" Tennisman asked weakly.

"Dude... He got wiped out by that barrage." Desmond said, "Are you alright?"

"I... see." Tennisman nodded.

The last memories of the fight were hazy at best but he remembered the feeling of Deuce's grip fading from his hand in a stream of data in the middle of the onslaught. Tennisman looked at his empty palm where his racket had been only seconds ago. Now there were only a few droplets of water. He clutched them tightly.

"Hey! Look! Chip data! And TWO chips! Awesome!... Yeah..." Desmond's enthusiasm slowly died down.

"...I failed to protect him." Tennisman said as he looked away from his hands in disgust.

Desmond tried to console his navi, "Dude, whatever man. He'll be back in a bit. He just needs some time to-"

"I did not protect that police navi earlier." Tennisman interrupted.

"Wha- That guy was a total DICK! He tried to jack you out, I mean, who the hell would even-"

"Why can I not even save my own racket from harm?" groaned Tennisman.

"Alrightalrightalright, STOP!" barked Desmond, "You can just go on and on about how you can't save SHIT. OR you can fight and win and keep going."

Tennisman was silent as he contemplated those words.

"Dude, we all mess up sometimes. Tch, I'D know... Friggen screw up all the time. TOTALLY shouldn't have sent that Pickpocket... But like whatever, there's ups and downs, we learn, climb back behind that horse-"

"...Back ON the horse." Corrected Tennisman.

"What'd I... HAHAHAHA OH CRAP! Ohhhhhhhh damn, that was bad." laughed Desmond.

Tennisman made a light smile at his operator's expense.

"Look, just keep going and I'll see what I can do about getting Deuce back online a little faster. I'll hit up the navi shop and see what's up."

"Thank you." Tennisman said as he straightened his back and looked to the darkest parts of the network ahead.

"I'll probably have to pick up more of these energy pack dealies." Desmond added and slotted the last of his subchips into the PET.

Patches of Tennisman's unform repaired themselves, leaving only a few minor scrapes unfixed. It was good enough as he ventured deeper into the network.

"Hey, I'm gonna mess around with the folder some more, okay?" Desmond asked, "I did some trades and we got some new chips soo..."

Tennisman waved off his operator, giving his approval. Before his hand dropped back down, a new racket materialized itself in Deuce's place.

((Minienergy +50 HP
Tennisman: 240 HP))

((Folder Edit
- Heatshot out
- AquaNeedle out
- Ringlog out
- Kunai1 in
- Kunai1 in
- Magnum1 in))

((Battle 19))
". . ."

Before TennisMan could take a single step forward from where he stood, a heavily cloaked figure was sitting on a well placed rock behind the navi. "S t a y_a w a y_f r o m_t h i s_p l a c e." Its way of speaking was awfully slow, almost out dated if you come to technological terms of the basic navi structure. The figure stood up rather quickly and began walk pass TennisMan. "L e a v e."

Guardian: ??? HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

TennisMan: 240 HP

-BATTLE NINETEEN, STANDBY-
It seemed he had reached a kind of impasse in his journey. Tennisman looked the program over and wondered if it was automated or if it at least had some semblance of an AI such that it could answer questions. Just beyond where the program was standing seemed to be what he had been seeking since his fight with Sinistal; an explanation for the viral hordes and the possible source of the mysterious new breed of viruses he had just encountered.

Tennisman didn't see a need for formalities and skipped right to the point in a stern and agressive tone, "What is being hidden here?"
". . ."

The cloaked figure was uneasy when he saw that TennisMan wasn't so willing to follow his words. However, he began to provide the navi with answers.

"H i d d e n_i s n' t_t h e_r i g h t_w o r d . . ."

As it began to walk further and further away from TennisMan, his words began to echo louder and louder through out the silent net.

"I_a m_m e r e l y_p r o t e c t i n g_t h e_w o r l d_f r o m_t h e_d e v i l_b e h i n d_t h i s_g a t e."

Finally stopping from his walk, he pressed his hands against something...There was a ripple that began to soar up to the sky and soon reveal it self to be a towering, metal gate. It was incredibly large when in comparison with the navi besides it, but it was heavily tarnished with notable damages all over.

". . . T h i s_i s_f o r_o w n_g o o d_. . ._P l e a s e_h e e d_m y_w a r n i n g s."

Guardian: ??? HP

-BATTLE NINETEEN, STANDBY-
Tennisman took notice of the towering gates and immediately wondered where he was. It was true that he had been travelling for quite a while now but this was completely unexpected. This navi had neither summoned these doors nor did it seem to be a recent addition to the network. This had been placed here a long time ago if this old generation navi was any indication. There was something ancient behind there that Tennisman secretly dreaded facing, but didn't know what it was. He thought after facing everything that he did nothing would faze him, but that was naive. Still, he didn't want to turn back empty handed. He had never intended to get himself so deep in whatever plot was unravelling here but now that he had, it was a matter of seeing it through. He never fancied himself an explorer but that was a new part of him he had discovered about himself on this trek.

"Yo, if nothing's going to happen, I might as well go to buy some more of those healing packs." Desmond said, "You gonna be alright?"

Tennisman looked at the old navi and thought about it for a moment before giving a light nod.

"Aight. See you in a... BIT." Desmond quipped and quickly left.

Tennisman, still curious about this area continued to ask the navi, "What devil are you referring to? Where is this place?"

((Oh no, Desmond left...))
". . .D o_y o u_t r u l y_w i s h_t o_k n o w ?"

The aged navi began to speak with a certain tone...a tone of anxiety.

"T h i s_i s_t h e_e n d._T h e_f i n a l_d e s t i n a t i o n."

He placed his hands up against the gate again, gazing upon its glory. Crumpling his hands into a fist, he slammed it against it, literally rumbling the entire net as the gate vibrated.

"A n d_t h e_d e v i l_i s_n o n e_o t h e r_t h a n_t h e_f a b l e d_C y b e a s t s_o f_d e s t r u c t i o n ! !"

The cloaked navi turned towards TennisMan and began to walk very abruptly. It was as if it was going after him!

"N o w_t h a t_y o u_k n o w._I_t r u s t_t h a t_y o u_w o u l d_m a k e_a_w i s e_d e c i s i o n_a n d_l e a v e_i m m e d i a t e l y. I f_n o t_. . ."

A hand jutted out from the layers of cloak and quickly transformed into a multicolored sword, gleaming with utter brilliance and lethality.

"I_w i l l_h a v e_t o_f o r c e_y o u_a w a y !"

Guardian: 800 HP [Equipped: VarSword]

-BATTLE NINETEEN, STANDBY???-
It was a little much to take in all at once and though he still had more questions, it seemed as though talking was no longer an option. It wouldn't be fair to say that the old navi particularly wanted to fight, but then what did he mean when he said "This is the end"? Did he mean the end of Tennisman's journey or was it more literal than that? Had he actually reached the end of the Netopian Network?

Whenever he found answers, there seemed to always be more questions lurking behind them. But now was not the time for speculation or regret. There was a sword wielding navi standing in his way with no itention on allowing him to pass. As for the Cybeast resting behind that wall... He would cross that bridge when he came to it, but for now it was one problem at a time.

Without Desmond around, All Tennisman could hope to do was try to hold out until he returned. Taking his racket up in a defensive form, he prepared himself to parry away the sword strikes though it might be easier to simply dodge them altogether. It dawned on him that his opponent might be able to teleport, prompting Tennisman to try and cover all angles but it was impossible to know what to expect.

"I apologize, but I have no intention of turning back now." Tennisman said.

This would be so much easier if he didn't have to fight.

((No Desmond = No Chips))
1 - Rally Defence + Reinforce (6-hit shield)
2 - dodge
3 - Reflex Volley (80 HP barrier)
4 - dodge
5 - dodge
6 - dodge
". . . V e r y_w e l l."

Though TennisMan was expecting an attack, he really didn't expect the outdated navi rushing at him with breakneck speed. Finding himself constantly dodging all the attacks, TennisMan was able to evade most of the slashes except two.

"A g i l e . . . B u t_w h y_d o_y o u_n o t_f i g h t_b a c k_! !"

The Sword disappeared from the navi's arm, revealing a rather torn down structure. Though he was without a weapon, TennisMan knew that the threat was still real.

Guardian: 800 HP

TennisMan: 240 HP [5-Hit Shield / Barrier Destroyed]
It felt as though lowering his concentration for even a moment would be disastrous. Between his steps and evasive movements, Tennisman was forced to deflect two strikes from the navi's glowing blade. Its form constantly shifted and warped in the midst of battle and he had never seen anything like it. If only Deuce or Desmond were here, perhaps they would have been able to identify it for him. If only he had access to his chips, Tennisman would... Probably still refuse to fight back. His opponent wasn't some heelnavi or gang leader. He was clearly stationed here to guard this gate. In this instance, Tennisman was the intruder and couldn't afford to further antagonize himself here.

"I have no reason to fight you." He stated in the middle of a backwards dash, "I came from the ACDC Net. I've fought through systems, corrupt navis and cities to this place - the Netopian mainframe."

Tennisman had never found the need for so much self-exposition, but it was his only chance at ending this conflict on peaceful terms.

"My format:" He added, "Shield-subtype navi. I am programmed to defend. I have only come so far in order to protect my friends and everyone else who seeks to live life without a constant threat of viruses or worse. In order to do that, I have tracked the source of an increasing threat to this location."

As he moved, the rest of the guardian's words began to sink in. Tennisman had close to no information about 'Cybeasts', but if the size of that gate was any indication, it would be an enormous enemy of epic proportions. Its influence on the local viruses and terrain suggested it was aquatic in nature. This information did him no good but it was still something to consider if he was going to challenge it.

"This 'Cybeast'..." Tennisman said, "I seek to end its existence and I need for you to STOP ATTACKING!"

With that, Tennisman slammed his hand into the ground and summoned his tennis net to deter further attacks. It was all he could do short of executing an unrestrained swing from his racket, which would likely undo all of his non-agressive actions thus far.

1 - dodge
2 - dodge
3 - dodge
4 - dodge
5 - dodge
6 - Netplay + Reinforce (3-hit shield + heal 60)
((Please don't replace my 5-hit shield with this. It's a separate thing.))
((I have no idea what to do with your little shield. It's apparent that it should replace your previous one...but I haven't got a straight answer from Bomber yet. Lucky you~))

". . ."

The Guardian has heard what TennisMan had to say about the situation. But it wasn't before TennisMan was under attack by the navi, deflecting two bullets, evading the rest, and erecting a small net in front of him.

"N o t h i n g_b u t_w i l d_f a n t a s y."

The cloaked navi simply scoffed at TennisMan's claim to defeat the Cybeast...but it did have some effect on the navi as his hostility died down.

". . ._I t' s_o b v i o u s_t h a t_y o u_a r e_h o l d i n g_b a c k_. . ."

Crossing its arm and slowly backing onto the gate, The Guardian was thinking through as he was completely silent and staring straight down into the ground.

"I f_y o u_r e a l l y_i n t e n d_t o_d e f e a t_t h e_b e a s t_b e h i n d_t h i s_g a t e_. . ._I_m u s t_t e s t_y o u."

However...Even after saying that he would test TennisMan, he simply placed his back against the old gate and rested his head.

". . ._I_w i l l_w a i t_f o r_y o u r_m a s t e r' s_r e t u r n._O n l y_t h e n ,_I_c a n_m e a s u r e_y o u r_c a p a b i l i t y."

TennisMan: 290 HP [3-Hit Shield / 3-Hit Shield]
Tennisman was still wary of surprise attacks even if his opponent seemed genuinely intent on waiting for Desmond's return. But what he was more concerned with was how this navi knew his operator had left in the first place. Perhaps he had let something slip in his introduction or maybe it was merely a bluff awaiting verification.

"I have no desire to fight you," He reiterated, "With or without my operator's assistance. However, if it is the only way for me to pass, I will oblige your request."

He sighed at his predicament but he had since steeled his resolve against such matters. He didn't want to have to fight but it seemed the only way to pass by this obstacle. Still, he didn't want to engage in a conflict unprepared and he was willing to take any sort of advantages his opponent would lend him. This would eventually be dealt with once Desmond returned. In the meantime, it seemed prudent to get as much information from as possible while they were still on decent terms.

Tennisman stalled for a while before he tried to change the subject, "...Is there anything more you can tell me about this place, yourself or what is behind that gate?"

1 - dodge
2 - dodge
3 - dodge
4 - dodge
5 - dodge
6 - dodge
"I_h a v e_l i v e d_f a r_t o o_l o n g_t o_r e m e m b e r_m y_o w n_p a s t_. . ."

The Guardian looked straight up, finding the towering gate battered and abused.

"B u t ,_t h e_o n l y_r e a l_m e m o r i e s_I_s t i l l_h a v e_i s_t h e_o r d e r_t o_g u a r d_t h i s_p l a c e_. . ._a n d_t h e_r a w_t e r r o r_t h e_C y b e a s t_h a s_p l a n t e d_i n_m e."

He let out a small sigh escape from his mouth, as his body slumped down and sat on the ground. It looked as if he was already tired from the temporary fight between him and TennisMan.

"A_w a r n i n g_. . ._P l e a s e_d o_n o t_u n d e r e s t i m a te_t h e_C y b e a s t."

"Sup?" Desmond said, "I'm back."

Tennisman was quick to reply, "We have reached an obstacle."

"Oh? What kind?" his operator asked back, "And when'd you heal?"

"We have almost reached the edge of the Netopian network." Tennisman stated.

"That's GOOD!" cheered Desmond.

The navi continued, "But we must defeat this navi in order to progress to the final area."

"That's... Not AS good..." slurred Desmond.

"...Where a 'Cybeast' is located." finished Tennisman.

"...Aaaaaaaand that's balls." Desmond blurted out bluntly, "What's a 'Cybeast' anyways?"

"From what I have gleaned, an opponent the likes of which we have never encountered." Tennisman answered, "Likely related to the viruses that we had previously fought against."

Desmond gave these new developments some thought before he started up again, "One step at a time, I guess."

Tennisman nodded and readied himself to challenge the guardian of the gate before issuing a warning to his opponent, "My operator has returned."

1 - dodge
2 - dodge
3 - dodge
4 - dodge
5 - dodge
6 - dodge
". . ._T h e n_w e_s h a l l_b e g i n ."

Standing up and padding off the dusts on his cloak, the Guardian began to approach TennisMan with the same deadly aura he emitted before.

"B e_p r e p a r e d_. . ._I_w i l l_d e f e a t_y o u_f o r_y o u r_o w n_g o o d !"

Lifting his right arm upwards, the same beautiful blade formed around the arm once again...Let's finally begin the battle!

Guardian: 800 HP [Equipped: VarSword]

-BATTLE NINETEEN, START!-
"Wait, why do we have to fight him?" Desmond asked, "He doesn't look like a bad guy."

"He wishes to test us." Tennisman answered, readying his stance and holding his guard. Without hesitating, Tennisman stamped his foot to the ground to execute the next step.

"Court Change." he said, setting up a large field of grass around his position.

During the initial bout with his opponent, Tennisman had observed his basic attack pattern and felt it was within his ability to parry away a single strike at the very least. His focus allowed him to easily visualize an invisible perimeter in a wide arc ahead of him that syncronized with his field of view. This was his range. Once something entered it, he could easily deflect it away. Even bullets weren't fast enough to escape his lightning movements, so swords wouldn't pose that much of a problem. However, instead of simply knocking away an incoming attack, he would need to counter. In whatever brief opening he was presented with, he planned on knocking his opponent back with an unrestrained swing.

Desmond noticed his navi wasn't moving, "What are you DOING!? He's gunning for you!"

Tennisman remained completely still, waiting for the perfect opportunity to counter.

"What the hell! Are you lagging or something?" Desmond groaned.

Something suddenly set of his reflexes and he lashed out with his racket without holding back. The resulting swing exploded with a huge concussive blast of air.

"Had me worried there..." Desmond sighed.

Tennisman needed a distraction and made his first chip request, "Binder."

"On it." came his operator's reply.

A Melody virus descended from the sky over the guardian navi. After landing, it bounded up and down repeatedly in a wild thrashing dance. There purpose of the attack was to incite panic and recklessness. Tennisman leapt back a step feigning his dodgy movements, practically inviting the guardian to step back onto the grass to reach him.

"Spice." Tennisman added as he waited, "And Elecpulse."

Holding the chips in queue, it was only a matter of waiting for his opponent to come to him. He didn't have to wait long and let loose a rolling cloud of spores from the terrain. The time to attack was now. He charged in under the cover of the hallucinogenic haze with his arm extended out as if trying to grab his opponent. Waves upon waves of glitch inducing static shot out from his palm to further disorient his target.

In the middle of his offensive, he couldn't help but think how much of a boon having Deuce here would have been. He pulled back and reinforced his defences waiting to see what effects his attacks had.

1 - Court Change (1/3 - 2/3 grass terrain)
2 - OUT! parry on Rally Defence hit (microburst)
3 - Binder1 (4 x 60 damage)
4 - Spice1 (80 damage + confusion to all on grass)
5 - ElecPulse (100 damage + glitch)
6 - Rally Defence + Reinforce (6-hit shield)
The Guardian was slowly walking towards TennisMan, watching as few of the terrains began to grow with lush green. The navi stopped and held his right sword-arm up in the air, letting its colorful blade quickly turn jet blue. He soon drew the blade to his side, as if he was sheathing the sword, and let out a blindingly fast slash to send a powerful shockwave!

TennisMan embraced the attack as it struck against one of his net shield and countered with his own blast of air, sending the Guardian even farther away.

"I m p r e s s i v e ,_b u t_y o u_a s s u m e_t o o_q u i c k l y !."

Getting back to his feet, The Guardian began an unrelenting attack with his shock-wave infused VarSword, quickly chipping away TennisMan's limitless shields. The Binder was sent, but it was only able to make a single hit as it tried to approach the target from afar. The other attacks, including the Spice and the ElecPulse was a flop as The Guardian wasn't even close to TennisMan's melee range.

Before he realized, his net shield was completely shredded into pieces and forced to parry one of the attacks!

"A t_t h i s_r a t e ,_y o u_c a n n o t_e v e n_d r e a m_o f_d e f e a t i n g_t h e_C y b e a s t ! ! !"

Guardian: 740 HP [Microburst]

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Grass

TennisMan: 290 HP [6-Hit Shield / Shield Destroyed (Netplay)]
"Well, balls." grunted Desmond, "That didn't work."

Tennisman was distressed at his failed predictions, but at the very least he was still unharmed and the strange sword had reverted back to normal. He could easily tell that it would have been dangerous if he taken those blows head. Judging by the force of the impacts of the blocked attacks, they easily outclassed any attack he had ever been faced with.

"Yo, think we can try something new with this guy?" Desmond asked.

Tennisman perked his head up and listened attentively.

"I wanna do a Moonblade Yo-yo combo." suggested his operator, "They both cut and spin so let's see if they have any 'synergy'."

The single word managed to capture Tennisman's attention, "Synergy?"

"Shut up. I got a word of the day calender..." Desmond admitted shamefully.

Aside from that oddity, the proposal seemed novel. Combinining the strength from the Moonblade with the repetition of the Yo-Yo made it seem like a ideal combination. Though the concept sounded practical, he wondered how well it would actually pan out. Tennisman wasn't particularly a fan of unorthadox attacks but, there would be no more opportunities to test out these types of things if he needed to go all out against his next opponent; provided that he win against this one. It was one tactical predicament after another.

He nodded but made his own request first, "Zapring."

"Awesome! Let's DO THIS!" shouted his operator, slotting in the chips.

Tennisman altered his footing to prepare for a Split Step. He took off with his high speed foot technique, covering the huge distance his swing had launched his opponent in the blink of an eye. A large cloud of dust burst from his sudden stop as he glared at his opponent's back. There was a bright flash of light from the discharge of his electric attack that covered the Tennisman while he targetted his opponent.

The two chips took form simultaneously. A fat, serrated disc materialized in one hand while a long diamond-shaped dagger appeared in the other. Tennisman brought the Yo-yo to his side and attempted to affix the second blade's handle in between one of the gaps. If Deuce were here, his Restring would have come in handy in binding the two together but it was a moot point to consider. It was only him now. He quickly completed the makeshift fusion to the best of his ability and couldn't spare another second as he threw his arm out and his weapon along with it.

The extra imbalanced weight from the kunai caused the weapon to spin in an unusual manner. It mangled its way forward, alternating between sharp loops and lulls. There was no real difference in control but his biggest concern was that the blade would fly off and hit him instead. For that reason, his other arm held his racket tightly, ready to deflect a stray attack.

1 - Split Step (teleport)
2 - Zapring (40 damage + stun)
3 - Take Aim ((specifically Yo-yo))
4/5 - Moonblade (90 damage) + Yoyo (2-3 x 40 damage, slow, block front attacks)
((Ideally 2-3 x 90 damage or 2-3 x 130 damage))
6 - Reflex Volley (80 HP barrier)
The Guardian's left arm formed into an ancient cannon, rusted blue with broken engravings all over, but it still had its use. He planned to keep the distance away from his opponent with long range attack, but it was immediately nulled when TennisMan appeared right in front of him. The Guardian took two quick shots at TennisMan with his cannon, but both was quickly parried and he was unable to evade the Zapring.

Feeling sluggish after the attack, Guardian promptly began to run away from the battle to avoid any more attacks. He saw TennisMan prepare for his next attack, but his old body along with the sting from the zapring couldn't keep up. As soon as the fused chip was thrown towards him, The Guardian promptly activated his AreaGrab...but it was bit too late as he received a single cut through his torso before he teleported.

The Guardian appeared behind TennisMan, taking advantage of the navi being too occupied with the yo-yo. His right arm changed into a sword, but it was a straight metal blade rather than the colorful varsword. Even before TennisMan could react, a quick stab punctured the navi's back. The Guardian quickly retracted, watching as his enemy was placing yet another layer of defense over his current one. He stood still as he reverted his left arm back to normal, slowly rubbing against his wounds to alleviate the pain.

". . . M a y b e_i t_i s_t h e_t i m e . . ."

Guardian: 610 HP [Stunned!] [Equipped: FighterSword]

Terrain: 50% Normal, 50% Grass

TennisMan: 190 HP [4-Hit Shield / 80HP Barrier]