Sweet Coding.

((First course taken.))

Damian looked up from the corner of the room, not entirely alarmed. One hand was covering the right side of his face, and his entire body was shuddering. "I know..." he gasped. "I...feel them..."

Before he can say anything else, flames erupt on all sides of the refuge. Once section of the wall falls away, revealing mob navis surrounding the refuge. Either they were smarter than Red and Binary could have hoped, or some of them had followed the two right to Damian.
Binaryball visibly shudders, seeing all the enemy signatures around them, but couldn't reveal himself without permission.

Chris cursed loudly upon seeing the wall break down with mob Navis streaming in. He turned to his drawing and put the last few finishing touches on it, flicking his wrist with an audible, "Done." He turned to Shin, asking, "Binary's time to shine?" holding the tablet thing up to his PET.
"You're all smarter than I thought for a couple of senseless mob navis," Red commented, noticeably letting out a small 'tch' beforehand, as she set Myun down, who in turn set Binary down.

All three, operator, navi, and support unit turned to Chris with a blank expression on their faces and him a thumbs up.

"Damian, calm down, you have to somehow convince these guys you really aren't a demon if you want to live! Keep that power of yours in check, you can fight it, whatever's in you. You can't give into the power that's been causing you so much trouble this entire time! Fight it!" Shin cheered the navi through the screen as Red shifted her position, support unit to her side, and Binary to her back? trying to take in as many mob navis as possible within the range of vision so she wouldn't be too unguarded.

"I ask you to wait, villagers," Myun spoke, putting up a hand to halt the mob, while glaring at them as intimidatingly as possible. "This demon you speak of is trying to purge its 'evil powers' from itself as we speak, further aggression will not help this process, if you want to rid yourselves of the true demon, then you shall halt."

"Uh guys?" Shin spoke, noticing something.

"Hm? What is it Shin?" the red-caped wonder asked cheerfully.

"Shouldn't you, er- get out of the burning house first?" the self-proclaimed ace suggested as the the navi and support unit finally noticed the burning building.

"Ah~" the two said, before suddenly moving away from the burning building.

"Binary! Take Damian and follow us! Damian! Try to clear your mind of all that aggression! You can do it, man!" Red shouted as she and Myun fled to the nearest exit, the giant section that the wall that had fallen down. Gusty winds gathered around the area, converging on the wind navi's location as she headed toward the surrounding navis.

"Out of the way!" the crimson crusader bellowed, blasting a enormous, pink typhoon, the combination of her signature program and her natural ability, in front of her, at the navis, hoping to knock them out of the way.

She hoped all would go well.

Turn Summary:
1. Theatrics
2-3. RUN AWAY FROM THE BUILDING w/ Myun
4*. Gust powered Cherry Blossom Spiral at the surrounding navis that block the exit at the wall. [SUPER KNOCKBACKS, 70 DMG]
5. Keep running

Myun's actions:
1. Theatrics
<(SOMEBODY, PUNCH ME IN THE FACE. I don't care if my aunt died, or if the net ate my post, I kept you guys waiting too long.)>

Binary began to shudder violently upon seeing Red, Myun, and Shin give Chris the affirmative to start the program. It wasn't from fear, but the gel that made his body was preparing to burst from it's tiny, spherical form. All he needed now was Chris' input.

"Initiating Form Override, Binary," Chris suddenly said professionally, sounding more like Chris the Coding and Programming Executive than Chris the twenty-year old, amateur NetBattler. "Your direct superiors are to be Fujiwara Shin, Red_Riding_Hood.EXE, and myself. Is that clear?"

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Binary responded, the volume of his grating, rototic voice restored to normal for once.

"Then so we go," Chris mutters. His now-completed drawing that was to become Binary's new form slid into the portable tablet. With the touch of a small button, an infrared ray of the sort PETs used fired from the end of the tablet into the PET itself. Instantly, a ton of various windows opened up, diagnostics of various sorts on them. Chris flipped through them, eventually finding one final window, which had a large, holographic button on it. With a sideways glance at Shin, he pushed the button.

"Commencing Form Override in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 0."

At the count of zero, Binary quite literally exploded out of his spherical shell; the gel would have gone on to potentially injure everyone in the vicinity if the blast hadn't somehow stopped. The flecks of gel that had exploded outward hung in the air for a second, then dropped to the floor in a large puddle, considerably larger than the Binaryball had been.

Then things started getting interesting. The pool suddenly rocketed up to about eight feet tall in a massive tendril of gel, and built on it. A bulky upper torso from the waistline up appeared from the mass, with arms and hands sprouting from the sides of it. A neck stretched from the top, with a head blowing up out of that. The head then extended backwards, forming a long, spiky mane of hair that seemed to have a mind of it's own, the thin strands of pseudo-hair waving about aimlessly.

Binary's back suddenly started swelling, giving way as hundreds of tentacles burst out of it all at once. They flailed aimlessly for a few seconds, then arranged themselves into the form of what looked like large, regal, gently pulsing wings. They would have looked almost majestic if it weren't for the fact that they were still made of tentacles, and that each one was quite plainly tipped with a sharp point.

The base of him, so often ignored and bland, suddenly morphed as well. From approximately where the hip of a human would be, the base split apart into eight sections, each one curving outward and touching the ground like spider legs. In addition to the eight freakish legs, a sharp-tipped tail grew, curving up and around his body like a scorpion's tail.

He was, in short, a massive, half-man, half-beast demon from the depths of Hell, created from a tiny ball no bigger than a basketball.

His first requirement, as Red had ordered him, was to keep Damian safe. Moving unnaturally swift for something as large as he was, his demented arms stretched and reached behind him, grabbing Damian in a firm hold. "APOLOGIES FOR PRESENT SITUATION TO DAMIAN.EXE," he screeched to the demon-container, then pressed Damian into his gel-made back. The Navi merely squished up against the beast-form shell for a second or two, then eventually (hopefully) phased through the exterior, floating motionlessly but perfectly consciously within the translucent gel. It was apparently perfectly harmless to breathe...

"Binary, chips have been sent in case someone jumps at you. Oh, and apologies for the situation, Damian, but it's the easiest way for Binary to defend you, trust me," Chris said briefly. Binary had already felt the chips; it was the Energybomb, and the Firehit; he loaded them but set them to standby, ready to use whenever he commanded it. The two chips both manifested themselves in his freakish, unnatural wings; one of them glowing white-hot, the other one erratically pulsing and shining with unstable lights. With them on his shoulders, he started running backwards, his spider-like legs carrying him in the direction he heard Red and Myun going. His unseen optics never deviated from their fixed gaze on the mob Navis.

1. Grab Damian and 'store' him in his torso, transform into a freakish, half-man half-beast demon from hell (Intimidation factor?)

2. Ready Energybomb, use if someone attempts to follow (40x3)

3. Ready Firehit1, use if someone attempts to follow (50)

4. Follow Red and Myun away from the building
Nobody seemed to pay attention to Myun as Shin's words took hold. A large section of the ceiling fell in, coming dangerously close to Red. Taking the cue, sending a typhoon of cherry blossoms forward to clear a path, just as one of the mob members started forward. He was caught in the chest by it and hurled backward, and several of the others were blown out of the way. As a path cleared, she took it. Binary had a bit less luck, and was unable to do more to Damian after transforming than simply carry him on his 'back'. Something about the navi rejected being taken into the gel, however harmless it may be.

The building collapsed just as they cleared it, but this did little to stop the mob. "Another demon!" one called out, pointing out Binary's new demonic form. He and another made to attack him. Both pieces of chip data he had absorbed activated, blasting the speaker to bits and burning a large part of the other's face, but not deleting him. More of them closed in to attack, several more than he could likely handle, when a new voice stopped them.

"That's...enough." A navi in priest robes stepped out from the crowd, ignoring both Red and the demonic Binary, and instead locking eyes with Damian. The supposed demon slid off Binary's back and crouched against the ground, staring up at the priest navi. "What a pleasant surprise, Prior," he said dully.

"So...we finally find you, Damian," the priest navi, apparently named Prior, answered. "Have you accepted your fate, demon?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Damian returned. "As I've said countless times, my first memory here is timestamped last June 6, at six in the morning. Less than a day later, I was attacked, and subsequently driven out."

"Do you not understand the significance of that? Do any of you not see it?" Prior turned around to face the mob. By now, they had completely surrounded Red, Binary, and Damian again. He pointed at Damian, revealing himself to be wearing a ring of some sort with a glowing white gem. "The sixth day of the sixth month, in the sixth hour. Truly I tell you, this is a sign of the Beast."

"I think you're using that phrase a bit incorrectly," came a dull, familiar feminine voice from somewhere within the mob, but when anyone looked, the source was already gone. A flash of pale skin and dark material vanished somewhere into the collapsed refuge.

The mob themselves, however, needed no more convincing. Cries of "Demon!" and "Kill him!" were heard.

"Kill the ones helping him, too!"

For as smart as they had been in following Red and Binary right to their target, they certainly didn't seem to want to listen to reason. Damian shuddered, starting to crack...literally. Thin cracks were now running across the surface of his body, faint light glowing from within. This could be bad.

___

All combatants standing on normal terrain unless otherwise specified.
—Enemies—
To left (2 moves away):
MobNaviA: 100 HP
MobNaviB: 100 HP (standing on grass)
MobNaviC: 100 HP

To right (3 moves away):
MobNaviD: 100 HP
MobNaviE: 100 HP
MobNaviF: 100 HP (standing on grass)

Behind:
MobNaviG: 100 HP (1 move away)
MobNaviH: 30 HP (4 moves away) (laying on grass)
MobNaviI: 100 HP (2 moves away)
MobNaviJ: 100 HP (1 move away)

Ahead:
MobNaviK: DELETED
MobNaviL: 50 HP (2 moves away) (in front of collapsed refuge) (standing on cracked)
MobNaviM: 100 HP (2 moves ahead, 1 to right) (standing on grass)

Prior: 300 HP (1 move ahead) (EQUIP: ring?)

—Allies—
Binary: 160 HP
Red: 190 HP
Myun: 80 HP

—Unknown—
Damian: ???? HP

—Terrain—
Grass: 25% (Scattered randomly)
Cracked: 10% (Small section in and in front of collapsed refuge)
Normal: 65% (Everywhere else)

—Locations—
Village: 15 moves behind
Refuge: 3 moves ahead, collapsed
((DID SOMEONE SAY BATTLE MUSIC?))

"Hmph," Red 'hmphed' as she observed the proceedings around her and dusted herself off. The red-caped wonder brushed her hands together, removing them of more ash as the conversation between Damian and the townspeople continued. When it seemed like they were ready to finally fight, the crimson crusader sighed and turned to the sky.

"Wanna help me get rid of these losers?" Red inquired, bored out of her mind like she had been stuck in the same position for two weeks.

"Roger that, here's something that might help," Shin replied, throwing three chips into his PET.

Upon receiving the data, the wind navi inspected it quizzically, before shrugging and putting on a complacent smile. "This'll do! Binary! Follow my lead!" the red-cloaked warrior piped up, whipping a bubble-blowing gun out of her picnic basket. Red pulled the trigger a bit, and satisfied that it could perform effectively, she sent three bubbles toward her backside, hoping to encase the navis in a deadly, aquatic trap. She gave a thumbs up to Binary and said, "Fire away!" before slamming her hand on the ground and searching for her element.

Well, it didn't really seem like ice reflected the core of the red-caped wonder's soul, but hey, I guess it's metaphorically in context. Soon enough, brittle frost sweeped over the area, covering the area in ice as far as it could reach. Binary should probably hit whatever it encompassed, like the priest.

Soon enough, Red was using a gust of wind from the surrounding area to burst herself along the ice, a short "Whee~" escaped her lips as she drew out a metal canister. Stopping somewhere, the sweet-wielding artist commented, "I hope you like caramel, because I made a lot!" At that moment, the fickle child shook the canister and forcefully inserted it into the ground, whereupon the earth shook and a wave of sticky, drippy caramel erupted from underneath another group of Mob Navis, attempting to bind them in place with their slimy consistency, if not for only a moment.

The crimson crusader quickly activated the final chip she was sent, a Ringlog, and bowled it with careful aim at another group of navis. The wooden log swept across the floor of the battlefield, fearsomely trying to knock anything over that was in the way.

Getting up and stretching, Red yawned, before placing her hand out. Shin confirmed the action by sending in something defensive. A yellow shield with a green plus sign materialized in front of the red-cloaked warrior, who grinned and taunted, "Come at me!" to the mob.

Myun kind of just, bounced around, watching for any attacks she needed to avoid.

Turn Summary:
1. BubbStar1 to MobNaviG,I,J [20 Aqua DMG + Trap]
2. IceZone [Creates a medium area of Ice]
*Gust: Whee~ Slide along ice toward MobNaviA,B,C
3. Caramel Stickiness to MobNaviA,B,C [Stun]
4. Ringlog1 to anything in front of me that's not an ally. [50 Wood DMG]
5. Guard1 [block and reflect up to 60 DMG]

Myun's Actions:
1. Dodge
<(...Holy regurgitated turkey shit in a toaster. It's almost been two weeks; SORRY GUYS! ;~;)>

<(Also: Battle music: Supporting Me)>

As the two MobNavis made to attack, the demented 'wings' shot out of the shape and arced around Binary; the many tentacles streaking towards his attackers. The one that had cried in alarm was promptly blasted to pieces as the sharp tips burrowed into his torso and detonated. The other was not killed as the chip's power was not strong enough to merit such a task, but a great many tentacles managed to pierce his face and burn it beyond recognition.

The tentacles finally retreated back into a wing-shaped formation as Binary awaited orders from his superiors. As he'd expected, Red issued a command; one that he'd heard a few times previous to go along with the situation:

Quote (Red_Riding_Hood.EXE)

"This'll do! Binary! Follow my lead!"

Binary knew what to do, and less than a second later he felt chip data entering his systems from the PET. From the window that showed Chris' face, a single sentence sounded off: "You know what to do, Binary."

And he definitely knew what to do. Looking around for the most valid target within range of the icy terrain, Binary picked up a single Navi signature that he thought would make sense; Prior, Damian had called him. A search engine ran behind Binary's invisible optics, found Prior's coordinates, and locked onto him; that was one step done. The Streamlining engine had done it's job.

In a familiar process done many times in the past, Binary delved inward, rushing through his own systems to a massive vault of memory; the place the Process Upgrades were installed. A well-used folder of data was present; Binary's consciousness opened the folder and let the contents fly out and into the main CPU. That was the second step; the External Memory Program.

At last, Binary dived into the the immediate resting point for any data meant to be used immediately or soon upon downloading. A file that seemed to radiate an electric energy sat there, ready for use. Without missing a beat, Binary opened the file and let the electric data spill out and fly to the CPU. The ElecReel was set to go; now all anyone could do was wait for the sparks to fly.

A second or two later in real time, Binary's wings lit up once again; this time with electric blue and yellow radiation. The tentacles went completely insane, making the wings ripple and vibrate with an intensity not often seen in the emotionless blob of gel. Binary's faceless head stared straight at Prior, the digits swimming inside of him a frenzy of movement. Unexpectedly, Binary suddenly started moving himself, puncturing small cracks in the ice every time his sharpened spider-like legs touched the ground.

After a few seconds of high-speed movement (for Binary, at least), Binary reached Prior's position, and abruptly stopped. The tentacles making up his wings flew around his torso, and stabbed into the ground directly at his feet, sending thousands of volts of digital electricity into the ice. The terrain became a deathtrap; the frigid ground glowed brightly as the intense energy passed through it. Stepping on the ice would prove right now to be a very, very bad idea.

The ElecReel's power depleted, the tentacles retracted from the ground and back into wing shapes, protectively wrapped around Binary's now-muscled torso. Binary stepped back and bent down in a feral stance, as if daring anybody to try and attack.

*Streamlined... (+1 Accuracy to ElecReel1)
*Untapped Power (+10 to Guard recoil)

1. External Memory Program (+60 to ElecReel1; if more than one gets hit, split the damage evenly)

2. Advance towards Prior

3. Streamlined EMP ElecReel1 to Prior and anything else that might be near him (80 +60 splittable, Group Attack, possible x2 due to Ice)

4. Guard1 (Reflect 1 attack up to 60, +10)

<(Kicks self in the face, if that's even possible.)>
Prior was taken aback for a second at the reactions of Red and Binary, but quickly recovered. As bubbles hit and engulfed three of the fanatics, the ones cutting off an escape back to the village, the priest pointed at the two helping Damian. "So, you reveal your true colors!" he proclaimed. "Servants of the Beast! You...all of you...shall be STRUCK DOWN!" The ring on his pointing hand lit up, and lightning fell from the sky, hitting all three navis. Myun was targeted as well, but managed to dodge.

Red responded with a patch of ice, which spread out from her current position and encompassed the area behind and to the left of her occupied by the zealots, as well as coming close to the other groups, where it was cut off to the right by distance and ahead due to unknown forces. There was also, inexplicably, an unaffected patch directly under Damian.

Sliding across the ice, Red managed to spread caramel ahead of her, both stopping her movement and stunning the navis she had approached. She then pulled a giant log out of nowhere and rolled it across the caramel at them, successfully connecting with all three due, if nothing else, to sheer proximity. One of them countered by swinging an axe at her, but the attack was deflected by a well-timed Guard, deleting the attacker.

Binary followed up, advancing on Prior and countering his smite ring with his own lightning attack, which spread along the ice and created a field of electric death that fried everything on it...including Red and Myun. The former clung to live only by means of an undershirt program, while the latter had no means of standing up to it and was forcefully removed from the network.

One of the surviving mob navis, threw a spear at Binary in retaliation, which bounced off his subsequently summoned shield and impaled the zealot through the chest before dissipating. Yet somehow, the navi stood as though nothing had happened.

Damian, meanwhile, was continually looking worse for wear. He tried to speak to Prior, telling him to give up and let him live in peace, only for it to come out as a string of words in an unintelligible tongue. He looked up at him again, this time with eyes blazing red. The cracks in his body began to grow in size, now clearly visible. Suddenly, a burst of flame rose from under one of the navis in front of his refuge, incinerating it and turning the grassy patch underneath into a charred, cracked patch of earth.

___

All combatants standing on normal terrain unless otherwise specified.
—Enemies—
To left (2 moves away) (On Ice):
MobNaviA: DELETED
MobNaviB: ZAP
MobNaviC: ZAP

To right (3 moves away):
MobNaviD: 100 HP
MobNaviE: 100 HP
MobNaviF: 70 HP (standing on grass)

Behind (On Ice, excluding H):
MobNaviG: ZAP
MobNaviH: 30 HP (4 moves away) (laying on grass)
MobNaviI: ZAP
MobNaviJ: ZAP

Ahead:
MobNaviL: 50 HP (2 moves away) (in front of collapsed refuge) (standing on cracked)
MobNaviM: DELETED

Prior: 132 HP (1 move ahead) (EQUIP: ring?)

—Allies—
Binary: 120 HP (On Ice)
Red: 1 HP (On Ice)
Myun: ZAP

—Unknown—
Damian: ???? HP

—Terrain—
Grass: 10% (Scattered randomly)
Cracked: 15% (Small section in and in front of collapsed refuge)
Ice: 50% (Patch encompassing groups behind and to left, falling short of groups ahead and to right. Gap in ice under Damian
Normal: 25% (Everywhere else)

—Locations—
Village: 15 moves behind
Refuge: 3 moves ahead, collapsed
((Ya-hoo~!))

The stage was set and the chaos was about to ensue. The little sparks that flew down from Prior's ring meant little to Red who had nearly impaled her face on a Cybeast's quills before.

It seemed, though, that her own stage would be her undoing.

Searing pain blasted through the battlefield and the red-caped wonder's body. She could not help but let out an agonized scream off pain, as Myun did, before the support program shattered and recovered to the PET. Lost for words while smoking on the icy ground, Red could only reach futilely out toward where her beloved companion had disappeared moments before a look of pain and horror branded on the young girl's face.

"..ed.."

"R..d..."

"Red!" Shin's call had startled the crimson crusader awake as a tear quickly streaked down the side of her ashen face.

"A-ah!" Red cried, gritting her teeth as she forced her body to stand up.

She was beaten, battered, broken, and bruised, but DEFINITELY NOT DOWN FOR THE COUNT.

"How's Myun?" the wind navi asked, a dreamy tone to her voice as she panted heavily.

"Recovering, which some snacks, light, and maybe an aromatic candle might do for you too," her operator replied, smiling down upon his gutsy navi, who grinned at his words, giving him a thumbs up.

"Yeah... That would be great," the red-cloaked warrior replied, still huffing. Myun was down, but so were a lot of other navis in the mob, decimated in seconds due to Binary's Thunder Bazooka move. "Give me a break," Red muttered as she caught a strawberry and ate it, wind gathering around her feet and propelling her off the ice as the dust faded from her bodice. A golden key with a pink jewel embedded in the base materialized in her hand as she sighed, a green wave of light washing over her battered form that healed most of the bruises incurred by the lightning attack. For a final touch, the crimson crusader whipped out a glass jar from her picnic basket and smashed it loudly on the ground, forming a giant orange candle that alighted with a green flame that started bestowing restorative powers to Red and Binary, and maybe Damian. Just to be sure, the red-caped wonder begrudgingly threw a piece of candle at the supposed demon, hoping he would just take it.

"Are you honestly thinking your God will recognize you at all? What a joke," Red mocked, cackling a bit. What was this? Had the warrior gone insane from her loss?

"Uh... Red?" Shin inquired to his navi, placing his sunglasses to the top of his black hair and carefully handling the chips the PET had spat out after use, a bit of worry in his voice.

"I think we should try something for a scenery change. I'll show you all angels won't be so forgiving, fallen or not," the crimson crusader rambled on, smiling cheerfully as she gripped the key in her hand.

Suddenly, a pink light erupted from her fist and enveloped her entire body. A few moments later Red had transformed into a 5'9" angel with elegant, black, feathery wings sprouting from her back as her form in covered from neck to knee in a thick white blouse. A red scarf is tied around her neck, while the two ends flow, billowing at equal length, behind her back. Crimson replaces the light blue pupils of her childish form, while most of her face is covered by a pink, butterfly shaped mask, reminiscent of the red-caped wonder's navi symbol. The mask contains two slits for the eyeholes, leaving the rest of her face, beside her nose and mouth, mostly covered. A leather belt straps once across her upper body, holding her buster, a ebony white bow, in place. Underneath her blouse, the crimson crusader wears red sports pants, while her feet are adorned with brown, leather boots. Black pantyhose extends upward from her feet to her sports pants. She also wears black gloves on her hands.

Growling fiercely, the winged assailant started her attack, a crimson aura rising out of her body.

"Someone killed the Easter Bunny on Easter Friday," Red proclaimed, fingers twitching as she laid them out to the side. Snapping her face up, the angel yelled, "IT'S FRIDAY AND I'M READY TO KICK SOME BUTT!" The sound wave produced shot over toward Prior, possibly knocking him back a little from the pure sonic force. The crimson aura really burst over on the navi, strength seeming to flow continuously out of her body.

"Hey! It's not Friday..." Shin protested, before halting and checking the calendar on his PET. "Oh wait, you're right, it is. Blast him away!" the self-proclaimed ace netbattler ordered nonchalatnly, sending in a single chip.

"Here's my message from God," the self-proclaimed heavenly messenger announced, stepping forward and building up something in her insides.

"You've been condemned to wallow in CHOCOLATE!" the crimson crusader screamed, spewing a massive amount of poisonous cacao extract from god-knows-where in her body, out of her mouth, and toward Prior with due sugary force. Suffice to say, the author has abstained from eating chocolate this week.

A sparkle of electricity raced around the masked missionary's right index finger and she examined it closely, before shrugging and taking out her ebony white bow. Its sleek design gleamed brilliantly in the light as she tapped the wire with the aforementioned finger, a blue arrow materializing as sparks raced down her arm toward the bow, congealing into the projectile shape fitted for her weapon. Holding the tool of archery up and aligning it with the three mobnavis to the far right, the crimson aura around Red rose higher, some fragments leaping into the arrow as the divine battler pulled back the string after notching the arrow properly. Eyeing her opponents carefully, the angel of justice smirked, saying, "Judgment comes, foolish mortals. Rest in Peace."

An azure bolt blasted through Red's fingers and shot toward the targeted navis, scorching the air and crackling with menace, humming with power before licking its lips in front of its targets.

A loud exploding sound followed, but from what? Crackling lightning filled the air as the heroine's sugar high aura died down, Crimson Sky looking down at the ground in boredom, before closing them and clapping her hands together, a prayer.

"I pray you find more worth in the next life."

Turn Summary:
*Strawberry Hail: Regen25
*Gust: Move off Ice Panels toward Prior
1. Recov80 [Heal 80 HP]
2. Candle2 [Summons 100 HP Fire-resistant Object that grants Regen10 to all allies]
*Crimson_Sky.GMO
3. Thank God It's Friday [5 DMG to Prior, +24 Empower to Red]
4. Demonic Chocolate Maelstrom to Prior [100 DMG, 2 rounds of poison] (+24 Empower) [124 DMG]
5. Elecreel1 to MobNaviD.E,F [80 Elec DMG](+24 Empower) [104 Elec DMG]
<(Music: Mephiles I)>

Binary saw sparks of electricity from Prior's 'smiting' still floating around in him. Binary saw and heard the Navis that had been trying to delete Red and himself scream in agony as the ElecReel's might coursed through their bodies, deleted them one by one. Binary heard the same agonized screams from Red and Myun; the latter was forcefully blasted out of the Net itself by the intensity.

But he couldn't do anything about it, nor feel any sort of remorse for his acts. He wasn't programmed to feel such things, and as such he couldn't even wish he could feel the emotion he deserved for this. All he could feel was the rush of data moving through his systems, more chip data being downloaded into his systems, the chill of the ice beneath his tentacle-like spider legs, and the Energy Harvester converting the kinetic energy he'd amassed from the ElecReel into healing data, repairing the damage the smite ring had dealt him.

He heard Chris' voice say, "I gave you the second ElecReel, and the Candle. Set it up so Red can restore more of her lost health. That ElecReel would've deleted her had she not had an Undershirt equipped. Either way, get off that ice, provide Prior and the other guy still alive with some electric rage, and then we'll decide what next to do after that."

The first instruction was simple enough; Binary simply backpedalled away from Prior at a rapid pace, his 'legs' punching little indents into the ice with every heavy step until he no longer got a slight chill every time one of his legs touched the ground. Then, Binary delved inward as he always did, and found the relatively unfamiliar data. He'd used it once in healing the one Navi nearing deletion in the town, but beyond that it was still a mystery. Without skipping a beat, Binary immediately activated the chip. The tail he'd grown that so far had not had any use suddenly whipped back from being curved around his body scorpion-style, and stabbed itself into the ground. A second later, the same sharp tip of the tail popped out of the ground a ways beside it, but the tip was glowing with a bright white light. (lol rhyming)

Not wishing to be rooted into one spot, Binary seemed to rip his tail out of the ground, but the new candle remained in place, while a whole tail emerged from the hole when Binary curved it around his body again. It was odd, but beside the point. Binary was already well on his way to cleaning up the last few scraps left behind from his and Red's assault.

The power of the ElecReel, the single most familiar chip to Binary, was already uploaded into the tentacles. The writhing appendages glowed electric shades of blue and yellow once more as Binary plunged them into the ground, just like he'd done before when he'd annihilated so many of the Navis. The ice was already glowing with energy from the new, angelic Red's own ElecReel, but Binary's contribution was visible among it. While Red's electric arrow had only streaked across the ground in a straight line and left a near-perfect pathway to a group of Navis on the ice, Binary's lit up two great jagged sections of the ice, crackling as it zoomed towards Prior, and an unlucky Navi that had so far survived.

Satisfied with his efforts, Binary continued the stream of white-hot electricity to the two parties until the chip's power was depleted. He scanned the area, expecting to see nothing but him, Damian (who he'd been keeping a careful eye on now that the cracks in his skin had deepened and his eyes had reddened), and Red. He was rather surprised when he saw he'd missed a Navi. There was still one left, lying in the grass with already-heavy damage dealt to him. "ADDITIONAL BATTLECHIP DATA REQUIRED!" Binary screeched to Chris.

"Hmm..." Chris pondered what to do with the poor bastard. There wasn't much he had that wouldn't kill it, but he wanted to do something unusual. Something that would put a resounding end to the fight. He thought for a second, then his eyes lit up. "Binary, you're aware that an empty Process Upgrade was recently filled, correct?" he asked.

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Binary replied back.

"Well, this particular Upgrade happens to be not so much a file for you to use at your leisure, but in fact a sort of specialized 'funnel' for me to fill with data; reason being that the data required would be automatically rejected by your system," Chris explained. Chris opened a few windows, and opened a window full of exceedingly old-looking binary coding. "Injecting Code: FORTRAN. Enjoy the ride," he said, hitting a key.

Within Binary's gel body, the number of digits within him suddenly doubled, but the other half wasn't the normal sleek, 3d numerals that drifted around normally. The new digits were 2-dimensional (think that you'd be facing them no matter which direction you faced Binary in), immobile, and pixellated to hell and back; they may as well have been old calculator numbers or graphics from some ancient video game. The main dilemma Binary faced now, however, is that FORTRAN code was as incompatible as it got with his new, homemade code, and his own data started furiously swarming the FORTRAN, trying to eject it from his system.

This is where the Process Upgrade came in. Against his own will, Binary's upper torso started contracting; the chest bending double with the arms holding the opposite side of the torso. The data was still being swarmed, but it was also being forced into the torso. Binary's upper body began to shake and shudder uncontrollably, twitching erratically and making his speech programs go completely haywire. "STOP 10 PAUSE, RESTART 28," was one example.

Eventually, all the FORTRAN code had gathered into the chest cavity, while Binary rotated on the spot to face the poor bastard lying in the grass. His head was tucked down due to the effects of the signature attack. After a few seconds, the gibberish Binary had been spouting at random intervals ceased, to be replaced by a single, synthesized note; it was Binary's scream.

After Binary's speech program had finally broken, the FORTRAN data seemingly could not be contained for any longer. His arms snapped out to the sides and his head bent backwards, and his chest quite literally exploded with data. A massive stream of pure ancient code burst forth, with full intent on entering the remaining Navi's body. Only Chris knew what sorts of insane, twisted things would happen once the data forced itself into the Shell, besides imminent deletion.

Somewhat drained from the effort of keeping something that shouldn't even exist in the Net today in his body for a prolonged period of time, Binary did not see the point in moving any longer. Nothing besides Damian could be of any threat, and that was why he had an Undershirt program in the NaviCust.

*Energy Harvester (Regen5, heal 25 HP)
*Untapped Power (+10 to Inject Code: FORTRAN)

1. Get off Ice Terrain
2. Candle2 (Regen10 to all friendlies, summon 100 HP object)
3. ElecReel1 to Prior and MobNaviL (80, potential x2 for Prior due to Ice terrain)
4. Inject Code: FORTRAN to the poor bastard lying in the grass MobNaviH (100, Break, Impact)
Both navis release a series of lightning bolt attacks, which hit the mobnavis dead on, deleting them save two to the right. These, plus the regen candles and Red's recovery, completely reverse the tides of battle.

"Demons!" Prior screamed, ripping his crucifix from its place hanging around his neck. He held it out in front of him, as though assuming it would protect him. Surprisingly, however, it did. The lightning bolt and chocolate flood were both repelled by a barrier that only revealed itself once it was hit...and immediately flickered out of existence. "Fools!" he said. "I am under the divine protection! There is nothing heathens such as yourselves can do to kill me!"

As soon as he said that, however, the ground beneath him melted away.

It wasn't the only place. Trails of molten earth were now extending from under Damian, forming intricate yet deadly patterns. Prior looked down in shock, realizing his feet were aflame. More fire sprung from the lava, slowly rising up the fanatical priest's robes as he was raised into the air. He flailed his arms, futilely attempting to either put out the fire or get down, but only succeeded in making himself look more helpless. A snarl echoed from behind Red and Binary as the flames intensified, spreading across his entire body and engulfing him. The priest tried to recite a prayer of protection, but that quickly turned into a scream as his flesh began to burn faster. His crucifix caught fire as well, dropping uselessly to the ground before his eyes as a pile of ash. And still the cries of agony grew louder...

Eventually, he dropped into the lava below him, now nothing more than a charred, vaguely human-shaped mass, and sank into the depths.
___

Victory?
GET: 1500z each upon completion of area.
___

Behind them, however, Damian was still standing. He was no longer the normal humanoid navi he had been, but an obviously demonic figure. His face had turned deathly pale, with soot marks running across the surface. His eyes, now completely devoid of pupils were now yellow and gleaming brightly out of the smoke rising from the lava. A 666 mark had etched itself into his forehead as if having been burned there. Black armor now adorned his body, designed in such a way as to give the impression of sand having been melted and twisted into black glass, then shaped into armor.

He knelt down in the river of lava and pulled out a weapon, something of a cross between halberd and trident.

From the looks of it, all control had been lost.

___

—They Are The Dead—
To left:
MobNaviA: DELETED
MobNaviB: ZAP
MobNaviC: ZAP

To right:
MobNaviD: DELETED
MobNaviE: DELETED
MobNaviF: DELETED

Behind:
MobNaviG: ZAP
MobNaviH: DELETED
MobNaviI: ZAP
MobNaviJ: ZAP

Ahead:
MobNaviL: DELETED
MobNaviM: DELETED

Prior: O_O

—Allies—
Binary: 160 HP (On Normal)
Red: 190 HP (On Normal)

—Holy Sh*t—
"Dark Emperor" Damian: 1292 HP (On Lava) (2 Moves Ahead)

—Terrain—
Lava: 28% (Extending in trails from Damian)
Ice: 0% (All melted)
Grass: 0% (All burned)
Cracked: 5% (In front of refuge)
Normal: 67% (Everywhere else)

—Locations—
Village: 15 moves ahead
Refuge: 3 moves behind, collapsed

—Objects—
CandleA: 100HP (Regen10 to allies) (In front of Red)
CandleB: 100HP (Regen10 to allies) (In front of Binary)

>Chips are refreshed.<
((Innocent Sorrow))

Satisfied with her work, Crimson Sky let down her bow as Prior burned to flames, courtesy of Damian.

But it seemed that he was their next opponent.

Sighing, the angel of justice discarded her mask, dissolved her wings and bow, and shifted her eyes back to a cold azure blue. The badass hottie ran her leather-gloved hands through her hair, tucking a lock behind her ear as she analyzed the new opponent warily.

"Hey Shin, how's our chip collection looking?" the crimson crusader sighed exasperately. This was a difficult battle, and they needed all the resources they could get.

"It looks like..." the netop began, before the chips he used for destroying the mob piled out of his PET. Astounded, the ace sat there in shock before his navi called him back to his senses.

"Shin!"

"R-right!" the snacker stumbled, regaining his composure and wiping his forehead. "It seems, all of our chips are back to 100%."

Red grinned at this news, but it wouldn't be over until it was over. Turning to Binary, the warrior flipped her hair and commented, "I'll order the usual from you. Shin! Warp, Bubble Bath, AC, and some Magnet Presses if you will! Make it snappy!"

"As you wish, madam," Shin replied in a mockingly sincere tone as he slotted the 5 chips in.

"Time to get cracking," the badass hottie grunted, cracking her knuckles. The fairy tale fighter leaped into the air, dissappearing in an instant, reforming statically over Damian's head, blue energy crackling in her hands.

"Take a bath," Red advised, blasting three bubbles out of her left hand within range of the monster, hoping to trap him within one of them. The acrobat flipped over again, an artic breeze picking up in her legs. The fighter set her own stage again, sighing melancholically as she descended toward the ground. A sheet of ice spread out above and across the lava as she neared the surface.

The red-caped wonder landed precariously, but she'd deal with that later. The crackling yellow form of a magnet materialized in her right, while a chakram of the same shade and material hummed to life in her left. The wind mistress crossed her arms and slid toward the so-called Demon, bracing her right arm back and surging it forward at the Beast-marked navi with all her might, with all her strength, blasting out a war cry in chaotic effort to quell this monster. Did it hit?

It wasn't over, she still had a chance. The crimson crusader gripped the electric chakram in her left and spiraling dauntingly toward Damian, timing her skating, and tossing the weapon gracefully through the air at the black-armored warrior, attempting to catch him again with a chain stunning effort, opening up the floor to Binary.

Benevolent winds gathered around the wind navi's feet, assisting and gliding her off the ice, if possible, setting up a good dodging chance, but the truth of the battle had only started. There was much more to be done.

tokihanasu Far away

Turn Summary:
*Badass_Hottie.GMO Active
1. Areagrab over Damian [Dodge, Tactical Movement, +1 Accuracy to next attack]
2. BubbStar1 to Damian [20 Aqua DMG and Trapx2(Elemental Weakness) =40 DMG]
3. IceZone as soon as Red touches the floor [Creates Medium-Sized Ice Terrain]
4. Magbolt1 to Damian [90 Elec DMG x2(Terrain) x2(BubbStar?) = 360?(180?) DMG and stun]
5. Zapring1 to Damian [40 Elec DMG x2(Terrain) = 80 DMG and stun]
*Gust: GTFO Ice Terrain
((I request this thread progress, whether or not Phoenix posts.

I will allow a 3 day appropriation period for Phoenix to post, if the moderator wishes.

If my partner does not post in the appropriation period, only if requested by the moderator, please continue to moderate the battle like normal.

That is all.))
<(Pardon me while I shave my skin off by means of paper cuts, pour lemon juice and vinegar in the wounds, and pack salt into that... FUCK, WHY'D I MAKE YOU GUYS WAIT TEN DAYS? Even if the stupid Internet ate my post once or twice already...

*cries*

Music: "THEN IT'S THE LOCKER FOR YOU!")>

"...Oh holy crap," was all Chris could really say, given the situation. A few various alarms from Binary showed that his Navi was feeling the same way. Granted, him and Red had successfully wiped out the entire mob of Navis, and Prior had been vaporized by Damian, but that within itself was the trouble; Damian's 'inner demon' was released.

And holy shit, getting smoked by ANYTHING from what Damian had become would not be fun in the slightest.

Acting purely on gut instinct, Chris arrayed his refreshed selection of chips, setting aside the ones that could make a difference. There were the useful ones, the useless ones, and the one that could potentially win the fight for him.

With a quick flourish, Chris said, "Engaging SplashCross," and with a twitch of his wrist sent the aqua-blue chip flying into the chip slot.

The chip's data was downloaded into Binary, and immediately upon entry started swarming his systems en mass, canceling the Form Chris had morphed him into. The muscular torso shrank back into an effeminate body, while the 'hair' receded back into his head. The monstrous wings pulsing on his back retracted into his back, while the eight legs morphed back into a single base and the tail disappeared.

Instantaneously, Binary began to morph again, but on a whole different scale. His base first lengthened until it was a massive snake tail, easily over twelve feet long. Then, his normally white, translucent gel shifted to navy blue, and opaqued until the digits within were no longer visible; the gel hardened to scales soon after. Sleek black armour that seemed to fit like a second skin formed on the majority of Binary's arms and torso, and down the tail to the end. A hood of the same black armour formed around his head, while a pair of black eyes (and a nose and mouth, but they were obscured by the mouthguard the armour formed) appeared on his new face.

Finally, the hoses appeared; the Cross's substitute for the usual tentacles. Around two dozen of them burst out of the black armour covering Binary's back, each black as the material it had burst out of and bearing a large hole at the tip; a blue ring capped each off. The tip of Binary's massive tail also vanished, replaced with another hose barrel, only much larger. To cap the new appearance, Splashman's emblem: four water droplets arranged in a '+' formation, appeared gleaming on his chest.

"Chris, the two ElecReels and the Guard, if you would," 'Binasplash' requested, his voice so normal and unlike the usual monotonic synthesizer. Chris complied immediately, and soon Binary was armed, even if his choice of weapons made him cringe slightly due to the obvious fact that one of these would rip him apart in his current form.

The two dozen or so fire hoses on Binasplash's back suddenly stuck straight out like pillars, or lightning rods. Blue electricity started running up and down the pylons, creating an ambient hum to the area. The power was literally as familiar to the Navi as 24 hours of straight, autonomous data sorting, which he had done a lot of before Chris had started into Netbattling. But that had been boring, in SplashCross' opinion. This was the kind of thing that was good to be familiar with.

The hoses on Binasplash's back shivered with energy one final time, then shot from their stationary position at the Beast-possessed Damian, tumbling over themselves in midair. The electric energy in the air made the new Aqua Navi visibly tremble, and the fire hoses temporarily spazzed out for a second, but the new sensation was quickly adapted to and the hoses shot straight on ahead as if nothing had been wrong at all.

Just as they were about to hit the transformed Damian, they made a near-right angle turn and shot into the ice, pumping all the electricity stored within them into the solidified water. The ice lit up with a characteristic flash as the ElecReel fed it power, making the terrain below Damian glow a dangerous shade of blue.

And suddenly, the ice exploded. Not literally, but exploded to a great enough degree to allow a massive, ten foot-thick pillar of raw electricity to burst from it, lighting up the night like a giant beacon. Even poking it with a pinky finger would hurt more than any sort of torture Chris could think of; standing in the middle would be at least ten times worse.

The ice's electric current eventually ran it's course and ran out of electricity, the ice returning to it's pristine state. What had become of Damian, the static that came with using the ElecReel in such a manner couldn't let Binary find out with his own eyes. All he did was retract the black appendages, and load up the Guard chip.

Binary's massive mortar-tail swung itself around until it stuck straight up at the sky, and started pouring water-like energy out. Not enough to spray, but just enough to form a fountain of Guard data around him.

1. Activate SplashCross (Change Element: Aqua, +10 to all Aqua chips)

2. ElecReel1 to Damian (80 x2 due to Ice, Group Attack)

3. ElecReel1 to Damian (80 x2 due to Ice, Group Attack)

4. Guard1 (Reflect up to 60)
((my turn...))

Red wasted no time advancing on Damian, moving to a spot directly over him and firing a cluster of bubbles at him before falling to the ground. As the bubbles hit, however, they made contact with the lava below Damian as well as Damian himself. The panel exploded in a plume of fire and steam, consuming Damian and blowing Red away from him.

As the steam faded, she set down a patch of ice that spread to encompass a large area between the streams of lava, including the area under Damian. The lava itself however, slowly spreading, almost immediately began melting and encroaching on the ice. Red managed to connect with both electric attacks while he was still standing on ice, sending amplified attacks coursing through the demon's body.

Winds then carried her off the ice...and onto the growing lava stream.

Damian struggled to overcome the effects of the stun for a second, writhing on top of the restored lava but not really doing anything. When he managed to move again, he swung his weapon in a wide rising arc. Pillars of flame rose above around the candles, doing nothing to the objects themselves, but melting the ice underneath them and submerging them. The flames went out, rendering the candles useless.

Binary, meanwhile, abandoned the demonic look and went for something that would be a bit more practical if all the liquid save the recently melted ice wouldn't burn him at the slightest touch. Nevertheless, he unleashed an electrical storm that only mercifully failed to hurt himself, instead striking Damian with twin bolts of lightning that exploded up from the water and ice, catching the demon on its path.

As the guard data began to fall as a fountain around him, however, , Damian hurled a massive ball of lava at it, which smashed through and hit Binary anyway, causing the lava to flow over him and accumulate in a puddle under him.

—Allies—
Binary: 40 HP (On Lava)
Red: 185 HP (On Lava)

—Holy Sh*t—
"Dark Emperor" Damian: 792 HP (On Lava) (2 Moves Ahead)

—Terrain—
Lava: 38% (Extending in trails from Damian, small puddle under Binary)
Ice: 24% (Patch between lava trails)
Normal: 30% (Everywhere else)
Sea: 5% (Where candles used to be.)

—Locations—
Village: 15 moves ahead
Refuge: 3 moves behind, collapsed

—Objects—
CandleA: <Effectively destroyed>
CandleB: <Effectively destroyed>
((Storm Center))

Red grunted in pain as the lava singed through her boots and burned at her feet. She made the quick move to get off it as soon as she could, dashing toward the largest, nearest NOT LAVA area she could spot.

"This guy's really annoying," the badass hottie remarked, consuming a fallen strawberry.

"Let's make him cool down a bit, shall we?" Shin suggested, taking out chip with a massive steaming hand on the picture, and quickly slotting it in.

"My thoughts exactly," Red commented, grinning maniacally as her right hand built up the energy from the chip.

"Don't go dying on me Binary! Go make a feeding!" the crimson crusader shouted to her ally, suddenly jerking her arm upward, shooting it toward the sky.

In answer to her action, the steaming head of an aquatic dragon burst out from under Damian and clamped its jaws hard and firm around the demonic fire navi, threatening to crush him to bits pretty much as Red closed her fingers into a fist. She could only hope it worked.

"Now that that's on, let's cool down some of this ground," the ace netop continued, slotting in two more chips.

"One of these won't even help," the fairy tale fighter growled, swiping her left arm in a furious arc-like path across her body, sending out a wide wave of water at Damian, hoping that the wave's path would clear up some of this nasty lava on its way toward the target. The wave descended, but was the victim drowned?

"Of course, it's a bit too hot for me at the moment. I'd still like to do some sightseeing for a bit," Red commented, summoning a bazooka, which she firmly hefted over her right shoulder, index finger already on the trigger. The targeting scope shot out and did its work, eliciting a smug grin from the crimson crusader.

"Bingo," she whispered excitedly, pulling the trigger, and letting loose a directed rocket of energy at her opponent, the recoil shattering the gun completely. The energy screamed through the air as it went through the smoke caused by the wave, but it relentlessly sought out the designated target, seething for an explosion to occur.

"Get ready to move," Shin suggested, unwrapping what seemed like his 80th onigiri of the day and taking a bite.

"Roger that," the badass hottie grimaced, taking a few steps back, and surrounding her legs with a veil of wind. Checking her surrounding, the crimson crusader marked places she could move to in case of retaliation from the "Dark Emperor."

Turn Summary:
1. Get off the Lava onto Normal Panels
2. MistConv to Damian [100 Aqua DMG x2(Elemental Weakness) = 200 DMG]
3. Wideshot1 to Damian [60 Aqua DMG x2(Elemental Weakness) = 120 DMG]
4. MarkCannon1 to Damian [70 DMG and Lock-on]
5. Dodge
*Gust: Dodge
<(Wave Ocean: The Inlet)>

"Gah! Burning!" Binasplash yelled, furiously shaking off the molten rock. In his mad dance, he noticed the ground beneath him was also burning hot, and promptly evacuated himself from the immediate area. "What now, Chris?" he asked his Operator, breathing heavily.

"We go after him with anything Aqua-element that we've got. Sadly, all that is is our Wideshot and your Sanctuary Fountain, but the Fountain should give you some health back. Otherwise, make damn sure you don't get hit again," Chris commanded. "I'll send you the Wideshot, but there isn't anything I can do beyond that.

"Got it." And with that Binasplash was off. He'd gone for the little sea terrain that still existed, intending to make that his shelter until Damian lava'd it. From there, he staged his next attacks.

Immediately he turned inward to a new batch of temporary folders that SplashCross had created and opened the only one with data in it; the Sanctuary Fountain, it had been dubbed. It was opened, and data flowed out of it like water and spilled through his systems, overflowing him. It wanted out...now.

The number of hoses on Binasplash's back doubled. And then doubled again, and again, and again until the Aqua Navi had a good two hundred of the writhing black appendages on his back. In one synchronized motion, every last one of them shot down and embedded itself in the terrain around him - his massive tail swooped over his head and copied the movement. A muffled rushing sound started emitting from Binasplash as his hoses started vibrating, as if containing something. Most started to bulge at the tip, then they all managed to fire off whatever had been contained within them, into the ground.

At the same time, the ground directly beneath Damian started to swell up and hiss. Instantly, a gargantuan fountain of water burst from underneath him, emitting massive hisses of steam as it connected with the lava. The flow was so fast-moving, it could potentially rip even life data from anything caught in it. Binasplash thought he registered something being drenched in the lifestealing flow, but couldn't exactly be sure.

What he was sure of, was that he needed the data if it was there. Immediately, a good dozen of the originals shot low across the ground and reached the fountain. Binasplash concentrated, and suddenly they were sucking up the water instead of spewing it, sending it and whatever data might be in it back to him. Upon arrival, the water was 'strained', the water being filtered out and whatever may be left stuck in the Harvester to harvest some extra along with what it would heal.

The tentacle hoses' jobs were done, shrinking back into his armour as his massive tail arced over his head once more. A roaring sound, not unlike the sound of a tidal current rushing into a small cave could be heard from within it's cavernous depths. A massive rumble later, another massive quantity of water spewed forth. This one, however, impacted the ground started flowing like a wave. A buildup of pressure started building up in the stream, forcing the water upwards until there was a steaming wave shooting towards Damian. Question was, would the lava evaporate it before it connected?

Binasplash had no further firepower, so he decided to book it somewhere else. He looked left and right, but saw nowhere that wouldn't lead to a firy death by lava. Then the idea hit him: go down.. It might hurt, it might not. Binasplash didn't know, but he was soon going to find out as he descended into the aqueous depths below.

*Energy Harvest (Regen5)

1. Book it to Sea Terrain
2. Sanctuary Fountain to Damian (20 Lifedrain x2, makes Medium-size Sea Terrain)
3. Wideshot1 to Damian (60 x2)
4. Submerge into Sea Terrain
((BUMP))
((3-days))
As Red and Binary retreat away from the lava, they find themselves splitting further apart from each other and from Damian. Red somehow managed to find a patch of normal ground, while Binary retreated to where the candles had been.

The head of a dragon, carved in mist, rose from under Damian as Red attacked, hitting him before he could move and exploding the lava under him. In the resulting steam explosion, Damian retreated away from the second attack, causing it to miss and explode more of the lava on either side of where he had been.

As the steam settled, however, Red managed to find a lock with the markcannon, hitting the demon with the resulting blast. Damian reeled, then retaliated with a fireball from his hand, which went wide as Red dodged.

Binary, meanwhile, had sent several hoses into the patch of water he had retreated to, creating a bulge under Damian which eventually exploded upward, hitting him and creating a trail of water back to the crossed navi. As it did, however, it filled the space between two lava flows, including where some of the ice had been just recently. As the lava and water made contact, it kicked up more steam, essentially creating a smokescreen that obscured the view of all three navis. Binary fired blindly into the steam, only able to tell that the wideshot attack hit by the sound of water slapping something solid.

Damian, however, retaliated with his own wave of fire, which hit Binary before he could finish submerging into the water.

The lava flows began to grow again, getting slightly wider and reclaiming part of the area that Binary had flooded with the fountain.

—Allies—
Binary: 5 HP (On Sea) (Submerged)
Red: 180 HP (On Normal)

—Holy Sh*t—
"Dark Emperor" Damian: 262 HP (On Lava) (4 Moves Ahead)

—Terrain—
Lava: 30% (Extending in trails from Damian)
Ice: 10% (Small patch between lava trails)
Normal: 25% (Everywhere else)
Sea: 30% (Where candles used to be, trail between lava extending up to Damian)

—Locations—
Village: 16 moves ahead
Refuge: 2 moves behind, collapsed

—Objects—
Candles: <Extinguished, submerged, on either side of Binary>

—Other—
Steam: Reduces accuracy of all combatants by one rank. Lasts as long as lava and sea terrain are adjacent.