Insert witty feline title here!

"Military grade? Heheheh, all right. Let's see how this old, decommissioned gear performs," teased Raki, slapping Nyan on the back with enthusiasm, oblivious to the knowledge that she had hit the nail right on the head. Unknown to both her and Nyan, she had accidentally pulled out her claws for a moment, and a tiny, imperceptible tear had appeared on Nyan's back.

Raki saw Nyan stretching out for the swim, and figured she should try some, mimicking some of the movements. She was pretty confident in her burst speed, as she had caught up with Nyan quite easily in the last race. Her sustained speed, however, was a bit questionable. She hadn't really judged her speed in the last leg in comparison to Nyan's earlier speed. Mulling over several strategies in her head, she was taking it pretty seriously. The loss, however unfair it was, was a little discouraging for her, and she didn't want to lose again.

"... Sis?" said Riki, breaking Raki's little bit of concentration she had. "Your face looks kind of funny when you do that," chuckled Riki, a rare quip from her. Raki rolled her eyes, taking less amusement from it than her sister did. "Let's just get on with it. I'm ready to beat someone's face in!" said Raki, the heat of battle surging from inside her.

Riki nodded, and raised her revolver up into the air.

"Three..." Raki went into her position against the edge of the lake.

"Two..." Riki's revolver started to make some strange noise.

"One..." Raki took a quick glance at Nyan, who seemed to be pretty ready to be beaten.

Moments later, the revolver in Riki's hand extended its chamber into a spiral, and the chambers started to shift and multiply in number, continuing until a total of around two dozen or so barrels could be seen. Riki pulled the trigger, and all 24 barrels erupted with a brilliant show of firearms display and a deafening sound. "Go!"

Raki shot off from the lake like a bolt of lightning, though she didn't have any plans to extend into burst speed. Maintaining her sustained speed would be enough, and she figured the halfway point, which was about the place where the mishap from before happened, would be ideal for turning on the nitrous. I can't lose! she thought, as she freestyled through the water swiftly.
Nyans eyes lowered at the decommissioned comment. What happened that day wasn't within her power to change, and it was a certainly trying ordeal. She wished it had never happened. She was going to pull out all the stops to win this race, for her pride.

Nyan's over all speed was pretty good, but her main strength was stamina. She might not be the fastest thing around, but she could keep her top speed a lot longer than most. She hoped this would be to her advantage. Wearing nothing but a form fitting and sleek under-suit would also have its advantages in mobility, and she kept that in mind as she walked towards the edge.

Let's get this over with.

Nyan took her mark as Riki raised her gun into the air. With each count Nyan's body got more on edge, ready to leap forth and a moments notice. She couldn't contain her determination as he body trembled slightly with competitive spirit.Suddenly the explosive sounds rang out from the gun, which had changed considerably in shape, and Nyan was off. She put all her power into that first push, her body cutting through the water as she darted forward. Her ears slicked back to cut down on the resistance as she raced to the destination.

You're not going to beat me, raki! I won't lose to anyone. Not again.

Her reasons becoming more personally than she intended, as her pride took hold of her emotions. She wasn't going to pull any tricks, she didn't need to. She had hoped Raki had learned her lesson, and wouldn't have to stoop back to the same level yet again. Even if Nyan was being playful, it was still shameful.

This race is mine!
"Wow, they're really fast," said Riki to herself, as she sat at the water's edge, not really feeling like following after them just yet. Just at that moment, as she watched the two torpedoes race towards the finish line, an interesting idea popped into her head, and she grinned to herself. "Oh, that'd be fun," she muttered, searching through her construction archive, and materializing the rather large weapon she had just used in the prior battle. An unknown smile crossed her face as she began to take it apart deftly, ready to show off what she was all about.

Meanwhile, Raki was having a blast. At first, she maintained a good speed for a bit, going neck-and-neck with Nyan. Her rival's affinity with water helped her drive through the water much more easily, however, which allowed her to speed onwards through the water ahead of her. It took all of Raki's self-control not to increase her speed. Not yet! Not yet! Just a little further! she kept telling herself. Soon, she glanced at the edge of the lake that they were racing towards, and judged the distance in a split second.

Now! she told herself.

With all the vigor she had reserved until that point, Raki increased her effort up to maximum, and started to speed up. Her arms and legs were a blur as enormous splashes showed the extent of her speed. Slowly but surely, she began to catch up with Nyan, who had obtained an early lead at about a third of the way from the starting point. Her expression was bestial and vicious, as she sped to the finish line, without caring to look back.

She nearly hit her head on the edge as she surfaced, exertion written all over her face. For once, she didn't even have the energy to say anything, having completely exhausted her reserves in the last sprint. All she could do was lay back on the water's edge, and catch her breath. Did... Did I win? she thought, as her head and chest pounded, having been drained so quickly.
About of a third of the way in Nyan started feeling over confident as she passed Raki and started to gain a good lead. She knew that she was going to come out on top. It was only a matter of time after all.

I knew I would be able to do this. A slight smirk on her face as she reassured her ego in the matter. Nyan wasn't going to let Raki or anyone else beat her in this, she was going to prove she was capable of handling anything. Her early lead was just proving the obvious. She seriously had to wonder though how or why Raki was so good in the water for a navi so feline in design. Sure she herself was a little cat-like, but she hadn't always been like that. Even then, she didn't always enjoy the feeling of wetness upon the fur of her ears and tail, it was mildly unsettling for her, though that could also be due to the resistant feelings of her new image. Raki seemed a bit more different from how one would expect from her appearance, but Nyan supposed she couldn't always judge something on their appearance.

None of that mattered though since it didn't change the situation at hand. Nyan was losing focus on her goal as she thought about needless things, and she wasn't going to give up her lead. There's only a little more to go! This race is over. I'm go to show Raki how a professional does things... Yeah, professional...

That single word made Nyan pause in thought for a moment, as though flipping a switch in her brain. These actions, this attitude, none of this was right. What happened to the professional and respectable Nyan that she had tried show hard to be. Someone who could be relied on, not some hoodlum who relied on cheap tricks and riling others up just to claim she's better than another. That wasn't her. She never meant to let Raki get the best of her, and yet she had ended up acting shamefully as she tried to return the favor. She felt disgraced as a former military officer.

Suddenly a vision of a wall snapped Nyan back into reality from her day dreaming, causing her to scramble and reflexively tried to hop out of the water just before she hit. The upper half of her bodyresurfaced out of the water, clinging to the edge as she looked around almost in a daze.

What happened... who won?
"Ha, haaa, hey, Nyan. Wh-What's up?" an exhausted Raki called out, grinning with all of her worth as she lifted her hand slowly in greeting. The smugness laced thoroughly in the grin made it pretty obvious about who had won the race. "Haa, haa... great race," said Raki, eventually catching her breath. She was satisfied with her successful strategy. Still on somewhat of a high after the exertion, her thoughts wandered about to her sister, and she lazily looked around for Riki.

Not a moment later, a loud noise erupted from the other end of the lake, causing Raki to bolt up straight, her ears flicking about as she strained herself to evaluate the noise. A small voice slowly became louder and louder, eventually going up to a scream. Raki identified the screaming as her sister's, and looked out towards the lake. The steam was obfuscating her vision slightly, though it wasn't too much of a hindrance, as Riki showed up on her vision.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!"

... Riding a missile.

"What... the hell is she doing?" she blurted out. Indeed, Riki was currently holding on for dear life to what looked to be a torpedo, running through the water at top speed. As it approached, Raki's eyes dilated, and her teeth gritted. "Get out of the way!" she yelled, diving off to the side. Fortunately, that wasn't needed, as Riki redirected the torpedo upwards into the sky, with its momentum carrying it off to who-knows-where. Riki herself plummeted into the water with a grand splash, hurtling through the water quickly.

Thankfully, Raki managed to catch Riki mid-dive, and immediately brought her up to the surface. Riki's head whirled about, as she tried to shake off the disorientation brought about from her reckless experiment. "Damn it, Riki, were you trying to delete us?" said Raki, shaking Riki off her confusion. Riki shook limply in her sister's arms, her mouth open and dopey-looking.

"S-S-Sorrrryyyyy," Riki managed to blurt out in between shakes. "L-Launched by itseeeelfffff."
Nyan who was still in good physical form looked over to Raki who seemed as though she was on her last leg and struggling to stay alive. She wasn't sure if someone who was in this kind of state could really be called the "winner", so to speak. Either way, Nyan didn't really care about winning anymore so she was more then happy to give the glory to Raki. Even if she was completely exhausted. Heh, right. I'll get you next time. Nyan smiled as the words left her lips. She took a look around and noticed that Riki hadn't shown up yet. It was odd, since she was supposed to be judging, or so it seemed anyways.

That's when the rocket came into view.

What the- Hit the deck!

Nyan dove into the water swiftly as the out of control weapon of possibly mass destruction came hurtling towards the two, Riki screaming as she rode atop it. Nyan wondered what the hell was going on, but thinking back on Riki's arsenal she began to wonder why she would have weaponry she cant quite control. Feeling safe under the water she continued to monitor the situation from there, hoping that the other two would be ok on their own. It was around this time when Nyan saw the poor Riki fall from the heavens and crash into the liquid terrain with a large splash. Shaking her head slowly, Nyan swam back up to the surface.

Well, that was... interesting. Her words returning to a more professional tone as she checked for damage to the surrounding area. Surprisingly things seemed to be intact. So, perhaps we can do something else now? That doesn't involve large explosives?
Raki was still giving Riki a good shakedown as Nyan proposed something else worth doing. "Hmmm, something else?" she repeated, mulling it over in her head. "S-Siiissss..." mumbled Riki, still gripped tightly in Raki's arms. "Dammit, I'm thinking! Stop interrupting me!" retorted Raki, resuming her shaking in mock anger. Her poor sister could only stutter out a "S-Sorr-rr-ry-y-yy-yy-y," in between the shakes, which last for a few more seconds before Raki slowed it down.

"Eh, what's wrong with high explosives, anyway? They're pretty to watch if you're not being blown to pieces yourself," said Raki, thinking back to her sister's shiny pyrotechnic display in the previous battles. "What do you think, Riki?" she said, before finding that Riki was kind of unable to respond to her question at the moment, reeling heavily from the the throttling her sister gave her. "Eh, whatever. Let's just sit back for five minutes while we think about it. I'm all pooped and stuff. Can't think while I'm tired," she said.

And thus, without waiting for a response, Raki let Riki go from her grasp, setting her sister down next to her while she let the water soak for a little longer.

[Please start FXP evaluation here, we want to see if a Cross registration is possible before starting the next battle]
[+23 FXP for interaction]
Nothing wrong with explosives per say... Nyan uttered, thinking back on the stunt that Riki just caused. Just not fond of anything that can go out of control and cause friendly fire casualties. Her gaze slowly shifting towards Riki as she spoke, still a little worried at what other forms of weaponry she could be hiding.

Nyan took a seat for a moment as she tried to clear her mind about the events that lead up to this moment, some more embarrassing then others. She was surprised that she had let herself get carried away as much as she did. It wasn't normal for her. She could only conclude that there was something odd about the twins that dragged out something from deep down. If it was a good or bad thing was yet to be decided. With a sigh, Nyan let the negative thoughts escape, and she finally got a hold of herself completely.

perhaps we should call it a day then. Lord knows Mira has things to do that i'm sure shes forgotten about. She was supposed to be working on some sort of registration after all... Nyan pondered for a moment, realizing that she hadn't heard back from her operator in a while. It was... unusual to get so much peace and quiet for once. It made her worry. Not to say I didn't enjoy the break here, though. She added, hoping that she didn't come off as rude or anything with her remark.

You don't mind, do you? We can always pick this up some other time, after all. Mira's always looking for an excuse to slack off.
"Ah, Riki's used to friendly fire, don't worry about it," said Raki, before sinking entirely into the warm waters. Great day, she thought. For the first time in what felt like forever (Raki didn't keep track of time much), Markus actually sent them out to bust viruses, and with a teammate, too! Now that she'd proven that they were able to defend themselves from a fair amount of viruses, things might actually change for the better. Meanwhile, Riki's train of thought was fairly similar, though her bouts of dizziness brought about by her sister's rather rough treatment interrupted them a fair bit.

Time passed, and all of their previous excitement melted away in the warm water and wafted up into the air with the steam. "Haaaaa, I feel like I could just take a nap right here," said Riki as she leaned back on the side. As she closed her eyes, however, Nyan continued to talk, though it seemed that she was suggesting that they call it a day. "Yeah, I don't mind... I don't think I want to move anywhere at all right now, even..." mumbled Raki, mimicking her sister in her motions with a relaxed smile on her face.

"I don't mind either... So nice~" repeated Riki. However, just as they started to relax, a text window appeared in front of them, detailing how Markus was late for class and he was disconnecting and blah blah nothing important. "Ah, shut up, Scottie, I'm trying to relax here," snapped Raki, closing the text window.

"Haaaaa..." "Aaaaah..."

Nothing but complete relaxation, totally oblivious to their defenseless behavior.