The net where nets are handy!

"Yeah, I'm in!...Huh?" Noticing something to his side, SplashMan turned around. "Hey, they even have an onsen thing for Navis!"

"Really? Neat! I guess I can't argue if you feel like checking it out..."

"Nah, I'm good! Let's do some virus busting!"

"You sure? Don't do it just because I want to..."

"I want to! But, that doesn't mean I don't want to try it out later!"

"Fair enough. Now, let's do this!"

"Yeah!" All ready for virus battling, the Aqua Navi raced away from the cyberonsen, in search of viruses.

(searching for battle #1)
(bumpity)
(bumpity #2)
(bumpity #3...third time's the charm, right?)
(( Sorries about this. ))

Time passes and passes, but no viruses appear. All of a sudden come 3 Metools into view, each wearing towels instead of the usual helmets. They had just gotten out of the cyber hot springs apparently as a red Shrimpy virus followed them, almost steaming hot. But as they noticed Splashman, the Metools took out their weapons and the Shrimpy blew out some steam at the Navi indicating a hostile nature.

Splashman: 140HP

MetoolEXA: 70HP
MetoolEXB: 70HP
MetoolEXC: 70HP
Shrimpy: 100HP
"I guess no one's home..." SplashMan's search was proving to be an exercise in futility. He had never gone this long without finding SOMETHING. He wasn't even being picky. He just wanted a dang battle. "Are you sure there's viruses in this area?"

"Positive! Just keep looking!"

"I dunno, it's been a long t-huh?" As if on cue, a small group of viruses appeared. "Never mind, found some...we've got some Mettaur, and, uh, a shrimp thing I've never seen before!"

"Shrimp thing? That sounds kinda familiar...oh yeah!" Sabrina pulled out a chip, and looked at it. "That thing gives out Bubbler! So let's not screw anything up! Now, let's take care of those Mettaur! Battlechip, Shotgun, slo-"

"Wait!"

"What? I'm giving you a Shotgun chip. Don't want it or something?"

"Well, those Mettaur look, I dunno, a little stronger. I think we should use chips that can take them out in one hit!"

"...Well, if that's what you think..." Sabrina performed a chip exchange, pulling out three different chips for her Shotguns. "Okay, new plan! Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

"Yay, blue cannon!" SplashMan's arm became exactly what he said it would, then took a shot at one of the Mettaur. "That's one!"

"All right, next one's on the way! Battlechip, MarkCannon! Slot in!"

And the cannon became green, and more oddly shaped. It was then used for the act of attempting to defeat another helmetless Mettaur. "That's two!"

"And here's the last one! Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

The cannon disappeared completely, and became...something. At least it was nice and wide, an appropriate device for such a move. "Yay, Aqua time!" The wide blast of water was, well, blasted at the final Mettaur. "And that's three! ...Wait, the shrimp thing's still there, isn't it?"

"...Yep."

"...Darn..." SplashMan braced himself for possible impact. Pain was just not his thing...

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on MetoolEXA (80)
2-MarkCannon1 chip attack on MetoolEXB (70, can lock on)
3-WideShot chip attack on MetoolEXC (80, Aqua, can hit two other viruses)]
(smacks the topic with a late bump!)
(smacks the topic with a bump!...THE REMIX)
(THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING...or the third bump, whichever you prefer. I prefer the third bump, since it's less threatening.)
Splashman pops the first Met in the head with his HI-cannon, taking it down in one shot. The Markcannon locks on and easily blasts the second enemy. The Wideshot slams into the remaining two, leaving just one weakened foe. The last enemy bounces a bubble into the navi, which explodes on impact. Suds are every where!

Splashman: 110HP

MetoolEXA: DELETED!
MetoolEXB: DELETED!
MetoolEXC: DELETED!
Shrimpy: 20HP
Despite an attack getting aimed at him, SplashMan seemed pretty encouraged by what he had done. "So close!" It was then he was nailed by a slower version of one of his own chips. "Well, that didn't sting too bad...I guess Aqua Navis don't feel Aqua attacks quite as much!"

"Yeah, but they still take just as much damage from them as anything else! So don't relax yet!" Sabrina stopped and thought for a second before continuing. "Hmm...you know, scratch that. Now's a great time to relax!"

"Huh?" SplashMan looked back, a bit confused.

"Well, it'll only take one attack to finish that Shrimpy off, won't it? Might as well take advantage of being able to recover while we're at it!"

"Oh...that'd work! Okay, go ahead!"

"I was planning on it!" The operator grabbed a pair of chips, and started slotting them into her PET. "Battlechip, Recover10! Double slot in!"

"Ah...that feels good! It's like all the water inside of me turned into bubbles!" SplashMan rocked a bit back and forth, like he was about to faint. "Ahh..."

"...That's enough relaxing! Get back to Earth! ...Or Cyberworld, if you wanna get technical...maybe this'll get you back to reality!...Or virtual reality if you wanna get technical with that, too...but I don't, so there!" Knowing exactly where in her folder a particular chip, Sabrina grabbed it and slotted it in without taking her eyes off the PET screen. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Slot in!"

"...Eh?...Huh?" The Aqua Navi shook his 'head' as his arm became the blaster-like form he was well-accustomed to. "Oh, right! I have to finish the Shrimpy off! Silly me!" He took quick aim and opened fire. "Okay, sorry about that, Sabrina!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover10 chip on SplashMan (10, Recover)
2-Recover10 chip on SplashMan (10, Recover)
3-Shotgun chip attack on Shrimpy (50)]
Splashman recharges his health before landing the final blow.

Splashman: 130HP

MetoolEXA: DELETED!
MetoolEXB: DELETED!
MetoolEXC: DELETED!
Shrimpy: DELETED!

Rewards: 500z
"I win! Hooray!" SplashMan did a twirl before dashing towards the remaining data. "Let's see what we got...oh!"

"Oh? Is there Bubbler chip data in there somewhere?"

"Nope. But there's more cash in here than you'd think there would! Transferring now!"

Sabrina sighed as she watched her zenny total rise, but nothing else. "Well, that's still not bad. And at least we're closer to our goal..."

"Yep! And I'm still in good shape! We'll fight more things with good chips in here, so let's focus on what's next!"

"Yeah. And even if we don't, we'll reach 5000z in no time at this rate! Come on, I'm ready to do some more operating!"

"Okay!" The Aqua Navi headed a bit deeper into Yoka's net, in search of viruses.

(searching for battle #2)
Virus Attack!

SwordyA: 60
SwordyB: 60
SwordyC: 60
Windbox: 100
Canodumb2A: 90
Canodumb2B: 90

Splashman: 130

Battle 2 Start!
"And, when you said we'd fight more things with good chips, you weren't kidding!" Sabrina pulled out a chip, and compared its picture to the present viruses. "Those blue Canodumb give out Hi-Cannon! And something tells me those knight-like viruses give out something good, too!"

"Really?" SplashMan squinted as he took a good look at the cannons. "Now that you mention it, they do look a lot like my arm when I use Hi-Cannon! They may not give out Aqua chips, but we can't argue if we get a chip from this battle!"

"No, we can't! Unless that WindBox has a chip, then we might...but anyway, ready for virus busting?"

"Ready, willing, and able! Let's go!"

"Then let's go!" Sabrina put back her Hi-Cannon chip, pulled out a decidedly different chip, and inserted that into her PET. "Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

The Aqua Navi looked around as his arm became a gun with a wide mouth. "Who has the least HP? I can't tell..."

"The Swordy! WideShot can take one out in one hit!"

"Okay!" Without hesitation, SplashMan took a shot at the middle knight-like virus with the arc of water. "What now?"

"Hmm...let's work on the Canodumb! We can't take them out in one hit, but that won't be a problem for us!" The operator slammed a pair of different chips into her PET's top. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot-in!"

"Good enough for me!" A pair of blaster-like shots were fired. "Uh...this is where I prepare myself to get nailed, isn't it?"

"Yep."

"And they're probably going to hit me, aren't they?"

"Yep."

"And it's probably going to sting a lot, isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Darn it..."

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot chip attack on SwordyB (80, Aqua, can hit two other viruses)
2-Shotgun chip attack on Canodumb2A (50, can hit another virus)
3-Shotgun chip attack on Canodumb2A (50, can hit another virus)]
The wideshot flies forward, but the wind tries to push it back. When it reaches its target, the wave is tiny and barely splashes the Swordies. The two shotguns take down the Canodumb. The Swordy in the middle signals its two comrades, which rush forward and slice Splashman.

SwordyA: 50
SwordyB: 40
SwordyC: 50
Canodumb2A: DELETED!

Splashman: 70
"Ow! Oww! OW!" SplashMan was slashed not once, not twice, but thrice, and he wasn't too pleased about it. "That was just awful..."

"Shoot! I didn't think that the wind would affect WideShot THAT much..." Sabrina placed her free hand on her hip, and thought. "Well, hmm...Shotgun wasn't affected by it, but I don't want to spend three of them on this..."

The Aqua Navi also thought, though he noticed something almost immediately. "Hey Sabrina! Didn't one of them get hit more than the others?"

And sure enough, a brief check of remaining HP confirmed it. "...Yeah...how did I not notice that..."

"No idea!"

"...That was rhetorical..." Sabrina continued her art of inserting Shotgun chips into her PET. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

"Lemme guess, I use this on the Swordy that took less damage, right?" Before an answer was given, he began aiming for his first shot.

"You guess right. So leave the middle one alone!"

"Okay! Fire one!" A Swordy was shot at. "Fire two!" Another one was shot at. "Fire th-oh wait, you only gave me two. So how do I handle the third one?"

"Like this!" The operator pulled out what seemed like a very old chip, and shoved it into the open slot. "Battlechip, Cannon! Slot in!"

"Oh, that's how..." The green cannon was aimed at the knight with the flaming sword. "Why does it have a flaming sword, anyway? It didn't feel fiery at all!" And a boom from the cannon made sure all Swordy were at least attacked. "Take that, fake fiery thing!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on SwordyA (50, may hit another virus)
2-Shotgun chip attack on SwordyC (50, may hit another virus)
3-Cannon chip attack on SwordyB (40)]
Splashman unloads the shots on the Swordies, taking them all down. However, in neglecting his defense, he gets hit with a large blast from the Canodumb2.

SwordyA: DELETED!
SwordyB: DELETED!
SwordyC: DELETED!

Splashman: 20
SplashMan, having already taken several hits during the battle, and having just taken a doozie of a blast, was unable to prevent himself from getting knocked back to the floor. "Ahh...that one really hurt..."

"Come on, SplashMan, you don't have much more to go! And you won't get hit again, as long as you don't miss! And Shotgun just doesn't miss very much!"

"O-okay..." While not really enthusiastic about the idea, the Aqua Navi got on his feet, though he was obviously fatigued. "At least the WindBox can't hurt me...I think..."

"Nah, it can't! Now let's nail the virus that CAN hurt you!" Two worn chips were inserted into the top of Sabrina's PET. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot-in!"

"Payback time!" SplashMan took aim, and fired a pair of the blasts at the blue Canodumb. "There...that should do it..."

"Hang on just a little more! Once you beat that WindBox, I'll jack you out! There's no doubt that you wouldn't survive another battle..." The operator grabbed another chip, and began inserting that for use by her Navi. "Battlechip, MarkCannon! Slot in!"

As the cannon was doing its thing, the Navi using it couldn't help but ask something. "Er, Sabrina? Why didn't we use this before?..."

"What, MarkCannon? Well, you saw how the wind affected WideShot, right? MarkCannon uses a cursor to lock on and fire. I was thinking the wind could do the same to that. But at this point, we don't have anything to lose by trying it! We can get it eventually anyway."

"Oh, okay!" The cannon blast was fired. "Ahh, the sooner I end this, the better..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on Canodumb2B (50, may hit another virus)
2-Shotgun chip attack on Canodumb2B (50, may hit another virus)
3-MarkCannon1 chip attack on WindBox (70, may lock on)]
The first Shotgun misses, but the second snags the Canodumb2. The windbox gets hit. The only virus that can still attacks does so, putting Splashman in a world of hurt.

SwordyA: DELETED!
SwordyB: DELETED!
SwordyC: DELETED!
Windbox: 30
Canodumb2B: 40

Splashman: 1