Definitely Not Terrorizing Shoppers

And just like that, Cray had been jacked in and skipped across networks to the bustling cityscape of Electown. After passing through a couple network portals and a less virus-infested bustling cityscape in between, but these were of course very minor details.

"Now, what should I do first," she wondered aloud as her bronze, lobster-themed exoskeleton materialized over her body. Most of the good sights to see were ahead of her, with several of the less traveled and sometimes less reputable pathways past the portal behind her. Or there was the battlefield that nobody ever visited. And she was sure some viruses would run across her path and be ready to greet her before too long. They always did.

((Battle 1))
Waiting definitely wasn't something the rock lobster navi wouldn't have to do for long. While looking around Cray would easily be able to spot two tower like viruses simply standing there while watching a flappy eared virus constantly hop in and out of a glowing ring, which held its own glowing object as well. Naturally it wasn't long until they spotted her too, and once they did, all attention shifted to the intruder interrupting their fun.

Viruses (All viruses on Normal unless specified)
CannonDumb A: 50HP
CannonDumb B: 50HP
Powie: 60HP

Terrain
80% Normal
20% Solar (Small circle off to the left)

Navi
Cray: 100HP (Normal)

Misc
GMD: 15HP (Solar)

—Battle 1, Start!—
And that was very fast. Cray didn't even have to go out looking for entertainment, it just came right to her. It's almost like they wanted to be killed by the navi that had just armed herself to the teeth in front of them. "How was it that there got to be so many of these things on the net again?" she asked. Maybe they just multiplied like rabbits. And died like lemmings. That was it.

"Don't look at me, I didn't make them," Alicia said through the PET. In the background, Cray could already hear her tinkering with...something. Whatever it was it sure made a lot of clicking noises. "But anyway, you want chips, right? Here you go. I should really just make a chip loader, wouldn't be hard at all. But then you wouldn't need me and I'm not sure I want to find out what happens then." All the while she continued talking very fast, without stopping for breath. Then out of nowhere the subject completely changed. "Wish I could get the rest of the parts for that flying machine, and a good place to actually build it. Wouldn't fit in here even if I used up Jackie's half. Too bad though, even a helicopter's just too confining and I wouldn't want to be able to buy one...oh stop listening in and deal with your viruses already."

"Right. Have fun talking about your impossible projects then," Cray said, tuning out the continuing ramble in the background. She turned back to the viruses and assessed the setup. Three viruses, all low level but dangerous if left alone, and a piece of potentially valuable data off to one side that one of the viruses had been playing with. The jumping one would have to be dealt with first. Or rather, second. First would be getting the other two to fight back less for a bit.

She turned toward them, opening her exoskeleton's claws to expose the guns within. Each crackled with electricity as they were charged, then erupted with static bolts as shots were fired, first from one, then from the other. The first was very small distorted the air around it, warping the graphical display of the environment as it scrambled data signals on its path. As an attack, it was too weak to cause any real damage, but would cause glitches in the systems of whatever it hit. The second was a larger ring of electricity that would cause damage, and temporarily lock up the motor systems of its target. Each was aimed at a separate cannon virus.

Cray then turned on the jumping virus and fired on it, Aiming to catch it before it could avoid her shots, she fired another, larger graphic-warping burst of static, followed by the simpler, more traditional tactic of shooting it with large masses of high speed metal.
___

*Hack: Glitch CannonDumbA
1. ZapRing1: 40 Elec+Stun to CannonDumbB
2. Scramble: 40 Elec+Glitch to Powie
3. Cannon: 40+Knockback to Powie
Blasting the virus groups straight away, the lone armored navi set a quick pace of death and destruction as the first virus tower seemed to get shorted out and shut down. While the second outright took a powerful overloading shock to the system that did indeed shut it down and force a reboot. Though as she continued her assault, whatever ailment that had befallen the poor headband wearing creature, it never got the chance to find out, as a second blast promptly sent it to oblivion. Though just as the navi thought she could breathe easy, the first cannon was back in action, and with it an almost terrifying voice that has been, and will forever be the bane of gamers everywhere. "Hey, hey-listen! Hey, Hey! Hey-Listen, Listen! Hey, Listen! Hey, hey! Listen-Hey! Listen! Hey! I'ma shoot you! Hey, Listen! Look! Bang! Hey-Listen!" came the almost constant stream of endless jabber, though at least its new found ability to speak caused its aim to come just a little short, as the blast slammed into the ground beside the navi.

Viruses (All viruses on Normal unless specified)
CannonDumb A: 50HP (Glitch: Given a voice)
CannonDumb B: 10HP (Stunned)
Powie: Deleted

Terrain
80% Normal
20% Solar (Small circle of to the left)

Navi
Cray: 100HP (Normal)

Misc
GMD: 15HP
What in the world was that cannon saying? Cray thought it sounded like something she should recognize, despite having never heard it before. Well, almost never. She vaguely remembered one time, back when she worked for Fish Supercomputer. There had been a kid on a tour once that thought because she was floating along behind them, glowing vaguely blue-ish, and stopped them every few minutes to talk about something else that she might as well be saying it. Cray had brushed it off then, thinking the kid just had a strange sense of humor.

Now that it had shown up again as part of some random byproduct of a glitch, however, she was curious. "So this incessant chattering. Is it supposed to be from something, or did I just do that by accident."

"It's from a game," Alicia answered. "Was never nearly as bad as people made it out to be, but apparently some people hated that voice enough that it got pretty infamous for it."

"Well of course you wouldn't think it's as bad, I don't think even the cannon is talking as fast as you usually do," Cray said back before turning her attention back to the cannon. "Yeah, I'm listening. I'm listening really closely."

She ran forward, following a zigzagging pattern despite her exoskeleton's bulk to throw off any more shots as she approached the two tower viruses. As she reached them she thrust one claw forward, attempting to grab the one she had stunned earlier and rip the weapons off to finish it. Her other claw, meanwhile, she swung around and opened wide to aim the guns inside directly at the jabbering virus. "Really, really closely," she added, firing a shotgun blast at it.
___

1. Dodge
2. Rageclaw CannonDumb B: 40+slashing
3. Shotgun CannonDumb A: 50+Spread1
While she and her op talked that jabbering virus was still trying to get more attention, while the other had fired off a blast. Fortunately though Cray was already on the move by the time it got a bead on her and she easily avoided the oncoming blast. And with a powerful slash cut it down before turning on the bugged out tower.

"Hey! Hey, listen! Hey, look! He-" Fortunately the navi caught the virus and cut it off with a powerful shotgun blast at point blank range, which quickly put the glitched virus down for good.

Enemies
NaviDumbCannonDumb A: Deleted
CannonDumb B: Deleted
Powie: Deleted

Terrain
80% Normal
20% Solar (Small circle off to the left)

Ally
Cray: 100HP

Misc
GMD: 15HP

—Battle 1, Victory!—
Cray: 380z

Open GMD? (Y/N)
"Sorry, what was that?" Cray asked as her shotgun blast finished off the chattering turret virus. "I couldn't quite hear it over you exploding. Speak up next time."

With all the viruses down, Cray made her way over mystery data and made to access it, being careful not to break it with her claws.
Stepping over the fallen remains of her victims, Cray started to access that large floating crystal, which despite her caution suddenly shattered under her claws. On the bright side though, it seemed almost like a piñata, as Zenny just started spilling out like candy!

[GMD Opened]
Cray: 1200z
"That worked out surprisingly well," Cray remarked at the oddly pinata-like mystery data. "Well, whatever. She turned away from the shattered, glass-like remains of the mystery data once she had gathered up all the zenny from it and continued on her way.

((Battle 2))
As Cray meandered further through the Electown network, he came across something interesting at a dead end. Two Bunnies were throwing some of their electrical rings at a Billy, which caught them handily with its spire-like arms. The bunnies hopped about happily at the show, though it wasn't long before they noticed Cray's arrival. Worse, Cray's way back from the dead end was blocked off by yet another a Bunny!

Viruses
Billy: 80 HP (Normal)
Bunny A: 50 HP (Normal)
Bunny B: 50 HP (Normal)
Bunny C: 50 HP (Metal, Behind Cray)

Navigator
Cray.EXE: 100 HP (Metal)

Terrain
50% Normal (Circle of terrain at dead end)
50% Metal (Roadway leading to dead end)

Battle 2, Start!
"Oh, no no no, don't mind me," Cray said as the viruses noticed her. "You just keep having your fun. I'll sit and watch until you're done. ...no?" Not like she expected them to actually listen to her. Or understand her for that matter. That was why navis were more fun. Most viruses just attacked navis on sight, and the ones that didn't were either inordinately peaceful despite being, well, viruses, or else not very fun to talk to anyway. "Well fine. Be that way." Not that she minded the mass slaughter of viruses. But there wasn't as much entertainment to be gained from it.

"I've got it!" Alicia's voice suddenly interrupted. Cray's cybernetic antennae perked up, as though expecting something worthwhile. "I can build something with what I've got. I'll just have to make it navi-powered since I can't get the parts for manual controls." No, she was still rambling about her flying machine.

"I thought you weren't going to have the space to build it."

"And I thought you were busy making viruses do lobster things," Alicia shot back. "And anyway I can just build it on the roof or something. Not like anyone else is using it."

"I'm sure everyone will take you using the roof as your personal workshop real well," Cray snarked. "You really should just ask for-hold on." Cray glanced back to see another bunny show up, to block off the path back. She reached toward it with one claw, feeling chip data download into it as she did so, and attempted to grasp the bunny virus in it. She then made to fling it, and hopefully send it toward one of the other bunnies. "You really should just ask for a good space to work. Someone has to be more receptive to it than your idiot of a roommate."

Opening her unpowered claw, she aimed it at the Billy and launched one of its harpoons in the direction of the virus. She didn't need to actually impale it with the harpoon, just touch it, and she could hack the virus. Though pumping hacked targets full of lobster data to make them behave like crustaceans had always been a favorite of hers, lately she just preferred seeing what random errors she could cause. So that's exactly what she went with. She then turned on the target of her bunny throw, and fired a cannon shot from the claw's guns.

"Nice timing by the way. I'm still surprised that that arm of yours isn't really clunky," she commented, moving to one side to avoid any counterattacks.

"I'm not," Alicia said. "I didn't build it, but the design was mostly mine. I wouldn't think up something for myself that would make me have to give up my work."
___

1. Rageclaw BunnyC into BunnyB: 20+Impact to each
*Hack: Glitch Billy
2. Cannon BunnyC (or BunnyB if Rageclaw throw missed): 40+Knockback
3. Dodge
Seeing she was somewhat surrounded, the navi quickly opted for getting rid of that advantage and grabbed onto the little Bunny, promptly throwing it right at its next of kin with a face smacking results as the two collide. Following up with a sudden spear that lanced into the Billy and started to jumble and re-write its coding. And while that was a nice distraction a quick blast from her cannon easily deleted the first virus.

It was about then the Billy recovered and with a huff it charged up its electrical spikes and released...music? The virus seemed to stare in surprise as it started emitting an odd, old music, which as it turned out seemed to confuse the rest of the viruses as well as they all just started giving the virus odd looks, completely forgetting they were in the middle of a battle.

Viruses
Billy: 80 HP (Normal) [Glitch: Jukeboxed!]
Bunny A: 50 HP (Normal)
Bunny B: 30 HP (Normal)
Bunny C: Deleted

Terrain

Navigator
"Hah...haha, that's a good one," Cray said, laughing at the old tune that the electrical virus started playing through what was supposed to be a weapon. "Oh, oh...I wonder if I can glitch it again to make it play something else."

"If it starts playing dubstep I'm jacking you out," Alicia said.

"Oh, that wouldn't be my fault. Otherwise It'd be playing 'To the Bottom of the Sea' to begin with." Cray grinned, but quickly realized that there wasn't much point when her exoskeleton's helmet only let out the glow of her eyes and face. She made a mental note to see about adding some way of conveying expressions. Maybe a cheap display that would show lobster emoticons.

"But first...should probably take care of these two." Cray had not forgotten about the two remaining Bunny viruses, who had apparently decided that the silly dance music was enough of an oddity to ignore the navi who had caused it. Hoping to use that to her advantage, Cray began circling around the remaining viruses until she reached a point where she could easily line the two remaining bunnies up for a single shot. From there, she prepared to evade in case one of them snapped out of its dumbfounded state, then opened one of her claws to expose the guns within a second time, then fired down the line at the two viruses.

"That should take care of that. Now then...for science!" She aimed at the jukeboxed virus and shot a harpoon at it to hack it a second time. Although she hoped to try and change the music, she had no idea what would actually happen.

Meanwhile, Alicia added in a distracted tone "Let me know if it can take requests."
___

1. Movement: Line up the remaining Bunnies
2. Dodge
3. Shotgun BunnyA, spread to BunnyB (50+Spread1)
*Hack: Glitch Billy again
Distracting music aside, the two bunny viruses eventually started to ignore the music playing Billy as it examined its sparkers in confusion. Each of those two viruses turned back to face the navi in combat, just to blink and look around in surprise when she was nowhere to be seen.

Their relief however was short lived when a blast from lobster claw quickly deleted both the bunnies with little trouble.

The Billy seemed to finally get a handle back on things, and turned to face down the lobster, only to get hit by another spear, which it glanced down at. One could almost swear the virus gave an Oh sh- expression before it suddenly started to break out into dance. Swinging those sparkers and swaying lightly as a synthesized beat started to blare from them.

Viruses
Billy: 80 HP (Normal) [Glitch: Kick'in it!]
Bunny A: Deleted
Bunny B: Deleted

Terrain

Navigator
"Ahaha, this is amazing," Cray said, charging up another burst of energy in her claws, then firing it at the virus. Rather than hacking it from another harpoon though, this was an electrical burst designed to interfere with and scramble systems. Not that Cray had any idea what this would do either. Maybe it would just distort it, or maybe it would turn the song currently playing into a bad remix. Or something else entirely. But she didn't have much time to wonder before Alicia's voice came back to snap her back to reality.

"You realize it's going to get over itself and attack you eventually, right?" she said. Despite still sounding distracted, she was clearly paying attention. "I mean, maybe it's just me, but if a navi was bullying me without deleting me I'd want to get it to stop."

"Killjoy," Cray muttered.

"You know I'm right. Just finish it off before it realizes it can still shoot electricity."

"Hmph. Fine," Cray said. She conveniently felt chip data uploaded to her exoskeleton's weapons at that moment, removing any excuses to stall anymore. Sighing, Cray targeted the virus a second time, then fired a second electrical burst with much less of a scrambling effect at the dancing virus.
___

1. Scramble: 40 Elec+Glitch
2. ZapRing1: 40 Elec+Stun
3. Dodge
The virus grew two sizes that day as it was electrocuted... twice... into deletion.

Viruses
Billy: Deleted
Bunny A: Deleted
Bunny B: Deleted

Terrain

Navigator

Battle 2: Victory!!
Rewards: 480z, Thunder1
Upon collecting her new found weaponry from the shiny green treasure, Emma looked around once more at the network surrounding her. She had completed her initial test run, however she wished to explore further and see what else lay in store. Emma opened up a window to Damian, a somewhat pleading stare as she made a request.

"Damian, is it ok if we continue on a bit more? After all, one fight shouldn't be enough data to fully catalog my capabilities, which was our whole purpose for the test run right?" Pointing out her case in a logical manner knowing full well it was probably the best way to convince her Operator to comply. Damian took a moment to think as he sat down on one of the spare tires laying about the junk yard, only to follow up with a solid nod.

"Sure, why not? We can test your endurance as well i guess, see how far into the net we can go before you need a break. Just don't over do it."

"Thanks, Damian!" She said as she smiled softly, before turning to venture forth deeper into Electown.

It didn't take long until the sound of a fight caught her ears however, and as she swiftly made her way towards it, it followed by the sight of another navi ahead. A brief glance at the navi, Emma made note of the somewhat unique visual display. Puzzled as to what it was, Emma once more looked to Damian.

"Do you know what sort of Navi that is, Damian?"

"Well..." Taking another moment to think as he closely examined the image Emma showed him through the PET. "Looks similar to a lobster, to me. That reminds me, I should probably get some dinner..." His words trailed off as he tried to remember the last time he could afford a fancy lobster dinner, but failed.

"I see... perhaps i shall introduce myself then."

Carefully, Emma approached the other female. She took her time not for her own safety, but for lack of knowledge on proper etiquette in dealing with other navigators to date. This was the first one she had seen, and making a poor impression wasn't on the top of her list. Emma waved slightly as she got closer to her target, before calling out in what she imagined was a friendly tone.

"Good afternoon, Miss Lobster."
"Well that one wasn't as fun," Cray remarked at the last effect she had on the virus. She had been hoping to get more music out of it...all the better that she had ended it when she did, she guessed. And at least she'd gotten a new toy out of ending it. On to the next...

"Don't look now, but you've got company," Alicia said.

"Ohhh?" Cray asked. "More vic-err, viruses?"

"Nope, looks like another navi...oh, hello." The other navi in question approached and greeted Cray, seeming rather overly careful about it. Alicia popped open a window next to Cray. "Well hey there," she said cheerfully, then looked down at herself and added "Oops."

Cray took one glance at the window to see her operator stuck in a mess of wires and cables, then decided she wasn't surprised at all. Other than the fact that Alicia had somehow gone from making plans to build her own helicopter to...something else entirely. While Alicia ducked out of the window, Cray turned her antennae back toward the new arrival and answered her greeting with "Miss Lobster? Shouldn't you at least learn my name before coming up with nicknames?"

"Sorry about that." Alicia reappeared in her window, now extricated from the mess of wires. "Name's Alicia, this is Cray. Nice to meet you. Can I see you in action?"

Cray raised one of her exoskeleton's pincers, and swung it through Alicia's holographic window. The image distorted for a couple seconds, but didn't go about that. "I cannot believe I'm the one apologizing for her, but I'm sorry about that. She's like that with any machine-based navi. And...some real world machines too, from what I'm seeing."
Emma was taken back at the bluntness of alicia's comment, but decided it might be best to just shrug off any feelings it may have caused as she attempted to converse with the pair more. "I wasn't sure how else to address you at the time. Nice to meet you Cray, Alicia. I'm Emma, and this is my operator Damian" She responded as the screen of her Operator began to materialize next to her.

" Damians a bit of a mech junkie as well, he created me based on that after all, so I understand. It's fine." Emma noted, not taking any issue with the idea of the question. "We were actually just testing out my parameters today, so you'd be free to join us if you'd like. That should be acceptable, yes Damian?"

"Hmm? oh sure. It shouldn't mess with the recording or data collection so i don't see any problem with it." Damian peered through the window, giving a small wave as his eyes made contact with the pair before the screen, his face still covered in a small amount of oil from working. "Shall we get started then?"

((battle 1 ready.))
"I'm...not entirely sure what just happened, but...sure. I'll tag along," Cray responded. She grinned, although once again her exoskeleton left her with no way of adequately expressing that to anyone else.

Alicia, meanwhile, waved back through her holographic window at Emma and the other window. "Mech junkie, is it? Ooh, I might have something to show you sometime, then. Not now, obviously, since it's not here. My roommate would kill me. My roommate probably wants to kill me anyway but that's not the point. But some other time." She said all of this in no more than five seconds.

Cray sighed. "Talking isn't a race, Alicia," she said. Then she opened up a private line and added "I can't believe that actually just happened. How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"The thing where you ask someone for something and they're immediately okay with it. And how does it keep working?"

((Also battle 1 ready))