The spiders web...

The Catack fired just after Sylk's Guard came up and was struck by its own attack. The force of the attack still knocked Sylk back but fortunately she didn't take any damage. Sylk immediately followed up with a jet of fire and barrage of machine gun fire that decimated what was left of the virus.

The dust cleared to reveal a small cache of zenny.

PowieA: DELETED
PowieB: DELETED
Catack: DELETED

Terrain: 100% Metal

Sylk.EXE: 140HP

[Battle 1 - Victory!]

Get: 360z
"see? that wasn't so hard.. was it? you did good for your first battle" Rei sounded like an adult talking down to a child, his false reassurance was quite apparent to the navi, however. rei might not have even noticed it himself, but no matter what he said he still had his old navi within his mind.

"why... why did we have to do that? they were so peaceful..." Sylk really didnt understand the relationship between navi's and virii quite well, but at the same time there was more to how rei was going about this task, than just regular busting. She was being used, but she wasn't fully aware of it.

"Those were virii, they wreak havoc on the net and cause problems for everyone. Most navi and Op pairs have taking the job to do whats called virus busting. It's our job to prevent the anomalies."

"Well, if it's to help people then i guess i can handle that... still..." Though the explanation made sense, sylk still held doubt in her words and in her thoughts. For now, she just moved forward into the area, contemplating what he said. Still, she knew something didn't feel right.

(battle 2 ready!)
As Sylk went onwards to loosen up her battling muscles a bit, she came across some floating manta rays, along with a scarecrow that stood silently in the back. The scarecrow was surrounded by flooring that sparked and fizzled, indicating electrically charged terrain.

LarkA: 100HP
LarkB: 100HP
Scarecrow: 100HP

Terrain: 80% Metal, 20% Magnetic (Surrounding Scarecrow)

Sylk.EXE: 140HP

-BATTLE TWO, FIGHT!!-
"Alright, it's only three virii again. this shouldnt be too hard for you."

"so.. am i suppossed to just do the same thing again, then?" Sylk was just accepting her position at this point, and hoped that in the end things would work out for the better. She wasn't exactly happy about it, but she just shoved that feeling to the side for now and agreed to take orders.

"no, we're going to do it a little different. i want you to look around, and maneuver yourself into the best position to hit both of the manta rays with one attack. I'm going to give you 3 chips for this, so do your best to figure it out"

With that, Rei quickly slotted in a rage claw worn upon sylks middle right arm, a shotgun upon sylks lower left arm, and a heatshot upon sylk's upper left arm. Her clawed hand flexed a few times, before all eight of her eyes focused upon the two floating virii. With a deep breath, she took off towards them, darting back and forth.

As the spider got closer, she jumped up into the air and grabbed at the lark with her claw. If this worked, she was going to twist her body and use her earlier momentum to throw it at it's cohort.

Summary: (turn splice)

1) rageclaw (20 + impacting) @ larkA - thrown @ larkB
First off, Sylk's clawed hand reached for a Lark, which she threw quite mightily towards the other. The Scarecrow charged up itself, raring for an attack...

LarkA: 80HP
LarkB: 80HP
Scarecrow: 100HP

Sylk.EXE: 140HP [2 Actions Left]
Sylk proceeded to follow up with her attacks, ready to take aa shot at the lark's, until something in the situation changed. she noted the slight change in the scarecrow, meaning that thing's wern't going as planned. Sylk began to make a mad dash at the larks hoping to get an attack off, but something different then originally planed.

"Rei! can you give me something else?! and maybe a defense? I dont like where this is going..." She called out to her Op, who came through with the request momentarily, though he didn't bother respond to her.

Upon sylks upper right arm came the widesword, and her mid left arm, a guard1. Sylk looked at the blade with slight amusement. It was perfect for this task, as far as she could tell. Keeping her guard up, she moved in to follow up her strike on the larks, leaping up and delivering a slash toward the both of them as they were now clumped together.

Hopefully the shield would keep her safe as 4 of her 8 eye's kept watch upon the scarecrow.

summarry:

2) guard1

3) widesword (80 dmg + slashing) @ LarkA, B
Sylk put up her Guard shield just in time as the Scarecrow unleashed its THUNDERBOLT attack towards the spider Navi, reflecting the attack back towards the attacker for a damaging hit! Then, Sylk went up to the Larks, and executed a slice, hitting one, but missing the other!

LarkA: 80HP
LarkB: DELETED
Scarecrow: 70HP

Sylk.EXE: 140HP (WideSword: 2 Uses)
"Eh? i missed?... well i guess i better follow up then!" Sylk was really starting to get into the battle, even though she had protested this kind of behaviour earlier. Her body seemed to be ehating up the more she moved, enjoying the feel more and more as she fought on. Quickly, she moved forward raised up the sword once more in her upper right arm and slashed again at the undeleted lark hoping to finish it off this time.

"Here i got something else you can use. I'm sure you can figure out something to do with it." Rei called down, as he slid the firehit1 chip into the PET.

"Eh?! A-alright..." She was startled by his sudden talking, quickly jumping back after her attack on the lark, 6 of her eight eyes focusing upon the scarecrow now, as her mid left and lower right arm began to light up on fire. Her bodies heat which had been building up within the fight began to meld with the flames pof the chip, it's color changing from a green to a red as it charged.

Quickly her mid left arm struck the air with a hook, sending a green fist of fire at the scarecrow, aiming to mimic sylks strike. This was quickly followed up with the addition of an uppercut, delivered from her lower right arm. It was a quick one two combo, which would hopefully end the fight.

Summary:

1) Widesword (80 dmg + slashing) @ larkA

2 & 3) Firehit1 (60 fire dmg + 10 + impact + double attack) @ scarecrow
Sylk's focus kept her on target as she lopped the Lark virus in half with a swing of her sword. She then shifted attention to the Catank and delivered a fiery one-two punch. The tank virus stood firm after the first hit, but the second flaming fist raised the tank's protective armor's temperature so much that it started to melt, and destroyed itself in the process.

Victory!

LarkA: DELETED
LarkB: DELETED
Scarecrow: DELETED

Sylk.EXE: 140HP (WideSword: 3 Uses)
Reward: 400z
"heehee, i'm doing better, right?" The spider navi called out to her master, though she didnt get much close to the response she was expecting. rei's tone with his words were a bit lacking, which only furthered to damage her ego a bit.

"hmm? oh yeah, you did great. We're gonna move on from here actually. things are going to get a bit harder but you'll get to emet some new faces. There should be a access to internet city not far from you, so head through there and find the access to yumland."

Sylk sighed, defeated and upset. As her weaponry and equipment returned to their usual state, she troded off onto her next area, wishing she had more attention then what she was given. it was quite frustrating, and even maddening to deal with.

*location change*