Druidman: Steamblower

"Okay, Druidman." Steve said, clearing his throat, "You've just had a major rehaul, so I'm gonna go over what's different, okay?"

"Right on, dude." Druidman said, eying the wall of guns somewhat wearily.

"Okay, the fist thing you need to know is that all of the old locks on your magic have been resealed." he began slowly.

"What!?" Druidman bellowed, "I'm defenseless?"

"Of course not." Steve said calmly. "Using this new system, I've made a much better way for you to do it. You're now outfitted with a Manual/Automatic Natural Application; Providing Output-OverLoads, or MANAPOOL for short."

"Okay, but what exactly does that mean?" Druidman asked, not getting this newfangled technology.

"Well, on your end, not much." Steve admitted. "It allows you to bypass the old magic locks that you had directly, but using 'Mana' to cause a direct output of your elemental powers. In short, you can now cast your spells much quicker and more often than before, and you can combine these effects almost to an unlimited degree. In theory, any way."

"Theory?" Druidman said, not liking the tone of his operators voice.

"Well, MANAPOOL can only operate as fast as your processors can handle it. as it stands right now, you barely have enough power to maintain the old magics you had. In fact, a few have even been weakened. However, you should be able to bypass and strengthen these attacks at a faster rate than normal." Steve said taking in a long breath.

"Okay, so, do I have to do anything different to attack, man?" Druidman asked, tapping his foot. "No offense, dude, but you're talking my ear off."

"No, there shouldn't be any differences on your end." Steve said. "Oh, by the way, I also almost doubled your ground and attack speeds."

"So, why do you wait until the very end to tell me the only part that effects me, dude?" Druidman asked, holding his head in his hands.

"Uh..."

"Yeah, I thought so, man." Druidman sighed. "How about I trash this wall?"

Steve slotted in two chips for his Navi silently.

Druidman, now much lighter on his feet, reached into his bag pouch. Noticing the Mystery Data off to the right, He tentatively removed an energybomb, and tossed it up and down in his hand. Lifting his leg like a ball player, he sent the explosive hurtling down towards the left flank of the wall. Standing back in a neutral position, he held his fist up in front of him, which promptly burst into flames. Taking a bull rush at the gun-wall, Druidman took a mighty swing, and, abruptly stopped. His fist, or rather, the fiery apparition of his fist, continued onwards, straight at the wall.

"Okay, let's see how this swimming pool thing works." he said grumpily, humming a familiar chant. It didn't seem any different from before. The same old black thundercloud formed overhead, and the same crackle of electricity arced through it. Shrugging, he tentatively yelled the end of the incantation, "DRIVING STORM FORCE!!!" The bolt of lightning, like clockwork, fell downwards towards the wall, and Druidman, somewhat unimpressed with this new doo-hickey Steve had got, ripped up a massive pike and hurled it at the wall.

1.)Listen to Steve's pointless explanation.
2.)Untapped Potential: Energybomb Battlechip to Canondumb Wall. (45x3Norm)
3.)Firehit1 Battlechip to Canondumb Wall. (60Fire)
4.)Driving Storm Force to Canondumb Wall. (60Elec, 40Wood)
5.)Reserved for Dodging.
Druidman lays waste to most of the wall. It doesn't seem like a wall at all as of now. The remaining part of the wall attacks, but with little success as our New-Age Retro Hippie nimbly grooves out of the way.

Canondumb Wall: 80 HP
Green Mystery Data: 3 HP

Druidman.exe: 250 HP
Steve slotted in a single chip to end the fight. "Let's finish this, Druidman. I'm curious as to what's in that GMD."

"Me too, dude." he replied, drawing his scimitar, which began to burn brightly once exposed to the air. Pulling it up close to him, he stalked inwards towards the wall, being careful to avoid any counter-fire. Once he got close enough, he took a mighty swing of the blade, and then, pausing, another thrust inwards.

1.)Dodge Counter-Fire.
2.)Firesword Battlechip to Canondumb Wall. (80Fire)
3.)Untapped Potential:Firesword Battlechip to Canondumb Wall. (95Fire)
4.)Reserved for Dodging.
5.)Reserved for Dodging.
Druidman trashes the viruses and opens the Mystery Data to find...
Zenny, what a load of malarky.

Canondumb Wall: DELETED
Green Mystery Data: GET!

Druidman.exe: 250 HP

-VICTORY-
Receive: 800z
GMD Reward: 500z
"Zenny, and... more Zenny. Bogus, dude." Druidman informed Steve, as he sifted through the green shards of the Mystery Data's outer casing.

"Oh well. I'm sure that there will be plenty more opportunities to find more cool stuff further in." Steve said reassuringly.

And so, Druidman went off, tracking another trail through the net.

((Battle 8))

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

You're now outfitted with a Manual/Automatic Natural Application; Providing Output-OverLoads, or MANAPOOL for short.

(OH MY GOD. WIN.)

Continuing on, Druidman finds a... well, wait, what? There's nothing here?
Suddenly, a shot rings out from behind Druidman, and a cannon blast comes from behind Druidman, barely missing his head. Turning around, he sees a single canodumb, where the wall had been. Firing several shots into the air, three more cannons appear at its side and four appear behind it. Their head datas dematerializing into a single mass, the ball of information spreads out to form, once more...
THE CANODUMB WALL.
...Okay, what crap is this? Didn't he just kill this thing? Meh. How much harder could it be than last time?
Well, at least, that's what it seemed like before more viruses arrived, anyways. Two Magneakers appear, leaping onto the top of the wall and literally melting into it, leaving only their magnetic bomb cannons visible from the top, which promptly fire off several warning bombs around their enemy. Two Hanz pick up the wall, picking it up and making it mobile, and to finish off the twisted creation two Oldstoves jump up and melt into the sides of the wall, shooting flames out of its sides.
Looks like Electown means business.

Virus Wall: 820 HP

Druidman: 250 HP

-BACK WITH A VENGANCE! BATTLE 8! FIGHT!-
"What the?" Steve said loudly as the giant wall formed upwards, towering over the noonday sun.

"Uh, dude?" Druidman asked tentatively, "Can I?"

"Run?" Steve asked, getting ready to load in a subchip.

"No, Can I get some chips so that I can whoop this bozo?" Druidman said, beginning to chant.

Steve was so stunned that he simply gathered up some chips and slotted them in as Druidman continued his chants. Druidman's hair was caught up in a blustery wind, scattering spare leaves about. With an upward motion of his arm, the leaves became rigid and sharp, and hurled themselves towards the virus wall, "Step off, dude! RAZOR TORNADO FORCE!!!" Druidman called as a massive funnel cloud touched down, ripping a path through the netscape. Not skipping a beat, he continued with a new chant, and, hoping that the wall would be knocked back down enough to have the attack work, roared out, "ENCROACHING EARTH FORCE!!!" while slamming his boot down, grinding it into the dirt. Which, sent out massive shockwaves of energy tearing the ground asunder with a massive earthquake, sending a deep cleft, following the path the tornado had started, right towards the virus wall.

Now pausing to go through the chip data that Steve sent him, Druidman cracked a smile. Reaching into his belt pouch, he pulled out a knobbly bluish-gray orb. Knowing that it would be almost impossible to see his opponent, he just took a leap of faith by hurling the bomb into the thicket of wind, earth, and foliage that was the general area of the virus wall.

Taking advantage of not only the extra speed he was now equipped with, but also the extra data that Steve provided him, Druidman pulled his scimitar free from it's sheath, and drove it into the ground. Flames furled upwards from the blade, and Druidman focused the fire downwards into the ground, which caused a massive line of fire to erupt suddenly from the ground.

Standing up, with his scimitar held lightly at his side, Druidman held up his gauntlet, which was rapidly expanding to form a large wooden shield.

1.)Razor Tornado Force to VirusWall. (30Wood, 30Wind, Microburst)
2.)Encroaching Earth Force to VirusWall. (60Break, 20Wood, Break)
3.)Energybomb Battlechip to VirusWall. (40Normx3)
4.)Untapped Potential: Flameline1 Battlechip to VirusWall. (85Fire)
5.)Guard1 Battlechip to Self.
The Razor Tornado Force blows apart one of the cannons, dealing a whole... 40 damage? Wait, what? Looks like the wall looks complete, but is still just a conglomerate of viruses. The shockwave from the Encroaching Earth Force shakes apart one of the Magtect cannons (70), and the virus melts out of the wall before dematerializing. A smoking cannon barrel is narrowly missed by the energybomb, whose explosion takes out two of the cannon barrels (40)(40) with a metallic sound. The flameline then takes care of the other magtect cannon, and one of the cannons (70)(40). It damaged a Hanz, too, and the burn made it shake, dropping the wall and pinning itself against the ground, deleting it (100). Looks like you might be able to use the fact that they're part viruses, part virus to your advantage. And as Druidman watches, several cannons fire, reflecting to deal 60 damage to... nothing? The excess data falls away, and the HP meter read the strike but... there's no evidence anything happened!
Meh. It's damage, right?

Virus wall: 360 HP (Parts left: Canodumb x4, Hanz x1, Oldstove x2)

((Better late than never, right?))

Druidman looked stunned as pieces of the wall fell down and dissolved. "I think I got it, dude." he said, rubbing his hands together. "If I slice up the wall, then the parts will become useless, man!"

"Oh, I gotcha." Steve said. "Sending in some support, okay?"

"Rock and roll, man!" Druidman said, closing his eyes and going into a deep chant. Drawing his scimitar, The air shimmered with heat as the edged smoked and burst alight. "ENTANGLING HEAT FORCE!" echoed around him as the ground reared up with viney, whipping madly at the wall, and Druidman charged in, blazing sword at the ready...

Spinning away from his attack, Druidman blew the fires out on the blade, and bent the hot metal around into a bent shape. Flowing the battlechip data into his focus, He took a spinning throw of the boomerang backwards towards the wall as he retreats.

Looking at the remaining chip data available to him, he flashes a menacing smile. "I just got a wicked idea, dude." he said as he reached up and caught his straightened blade. With that same smile, the blade was immolated by flames once more, and Druidman's left hard inched towards his belt pouch.

Charging back towards the wall, Druidman held his sword upwards, and with a great lunge, hurled the blade forward. Pulling the blade outwards, Druidman unleashed a flurry of blows, strike after strike, heating the air around him into a crimson glow. Amongst the swipes, a flash of glowing blue could be seen.

And then, Druidman was hauling himself away as fast as he could. Throwing himself to the ground, he yelled, "IT'S GONNA BLOW, DUDE!" to no one in particular.

1.)Entangling Heat Force to VirusWall. (30Wood/50Fire)
2.)Untapped Potential: Boomerang1 Battlechip to VirusWall. (80Wood)
3.)Firesword Battlechip to Viruswall. (80Fire)
4.)Energybomb Battlechip to Viruswall. (40Normx3, probly guts flying everywhere.)
5.)Dodge like the wind!
(Steve's ALIVE?!
*Boggle*)

Guts everywhere is RIGHT. As Druidman unleashes his flurry of attacks, the wall begins to shake, the viruses struggling to hold together. But when all was said and done (and Druidman was on the ground), it blew apart in a spectacular fashion, a canodumb head landing inches from Druidman's place before self-deleting, and leaving the reward for the battle.

Virus wall: DELETED

-Victory!-
Prizes: Magbomb1, 800z
"AWWWWW YEAAH, MAN!" Druidman exalted, pumping his fist in the air. "I'm back, baby!"

"Back? Where did you go? You've been here this whole time." Steve asked, scratching his head.

"Uh, I dunno." Druidman shrugged. "I'm not sure where that came from, man."

"Oh. Oh well. Let's keep going." Steve said, shrugging as well.

And Druidman was off tracking another virus trail.

((Battle 9))
There!
In the distance!
It's...
Three viruses.
Lolwut? Well, at least they're more powerful than most. A billy with three prongs coming out of its head instead of the usual one, and four spark arms is the first of the trio, followed by an Oldstove with metal plating all over its body to cover the red data. The third enemy is a Magneaker, but with an extra two legs, and a deep red coloring replacing its normal green. It's big, too, don't forget that.
In the distance, Druidman can see a figure, but it's too far away to make out what it is.

TriProngBilly: 200 HP
MetalStove: 200 HP
MegaMagneaker: 280 HP

-BATTLE 9! FIGHT!-
"Whoa! Gnarly upgrades, dude." Druidman said, nodding at the three viruses before him. "Too bad they're still small fry, though." he said, drawing his scimitar and holding a battle stance.

"Yeah, but still, they ARE more powerful, so take care, Druidman." Steve said, pulling out at rainbow of chips, "I've already got a salvo of attacks ready, so have at!"

Druidman held his scimitar aloft, and let a cool calmness wash over him. Focusing this energy into the blade, the edge seemed to become fluidic, and gently cascading with his movements. With a quick snap of the wrist, Druidman flung a swirling bubble of aqua energy forwards, at the plated stove.

The last droplets of water collected on the edge of his blade, and quickly sizzled and evaporated as the blade grew hotter and hotter. Stabbing the tip into the ground, he continued to charge the burning hot magic into the ground, pumping it until an explosion of fire rose upwards from the ground.

Yanking the blade out, and kicking a few spare pieces of dirt off of the tip, Druidman focused yet again. The shimmering air around the steel seemed to stand still, as untold amounts of energy arced around the hilt. A sphere of this energy formed at the blades base, which grew as ascended the sharpened edge. Druidman pointed the blade forward, and the ball of lightning continued onwards, almost lazily, towards the only Virus that was covered in metal.

Holding the blade, now in both hands, Druidman charged into the blade the only form of basic magic he had yet to use into it. As he bent the blade into position, he let a smile spread across his face. He hurled the boomerang forwards. Elemental fury, in Navi form...

Druidman raised his left arm as he reached his right upwards to catch his flying blade. From the sapphire on his gauntlet, a mass of blue data blossomed outwards. Druidman held his blade at the ready as the blue data formed into a large wooden shield, which he held up as well.

1.)Bubbler Battlechip to MetalStove. (50Aquax2, splash to MegaMagneaker)
2.)Flameline1 Battlechip to TriProngBilly/MetalStove/MegaMagneaker. (70Fire/70Fire/70Fire)
3.)Thunder1 Battlechip to MetalStove. (40Elec, stun, maybe more damage because it's metal)
4.)Untapped Potential: Boomerang1 Battlechip to TriProngBilly/MetalStove/MegaMagneaker. (75Woodx2/75Wood/75Woodx2)
5.)Guard1 Battlechip to Self.
(Sorry, Shteve. Forgot to mod this before I got off the computer last night.)

As Druidman fires off his first attack, the bubbler, the plates all over the giant stove... well, light up is the only word, evaporating about half of the attack on contact, and making it deal normal damage. The magneaker is caught in the next attack, as is the metalstove (more glowing HAX) but the Billy dodges. The Metalstove can't seem to resist the thunder1, however, but only takes normal damge. And, lastly, the Magneaker takes a major hit from the boomerang, as does the Billy.
The Metalstove attacks, but gets it reflected, and takes 15 damage from the attack after its weakening effect.

TriProngBilly: 60 HP
MetalStove: 100 HP
MegaMagneaker: 70 HP

"What the? This dude is cheating, man! Bogus!" Druidman huffed, pointing at the MetalStove and stamping his foot slightly.

"Chill out, Druidman. It's not like we can't beat it." Steve said, popping a few additional chips into his PET.

"You're right, dude..." Druidman said, gaining his senses about him again. "Let's finish this!"

Diving into his belt pouch, Druidman drew forth one of the most rawly powerful attacks in his arsenal: an Energybomb. If this guy could null out damage, then nothing but the strongest attacks would work against him. Talking a quick judgment of distance, Druidman hurled the bomb right at the virus' ugly, gaping maw.

Closing his eyes to clear his mind, Druidman began one of his chants. As thick, black storm clouds formed upwards from thin air, Druidman opened his eyes, revealing a shocking color of amber. Pointing that the flanking viruses, he bellows, "DRIVING STORM FORCE, FORKED!" Instantly, twin bolts of lightning arced between the sky and ground, sending terrible waves of thunder outwards. Druidman, reaching towards the ground, unearths two mighty pikes of oak, and with a soft grunt, hefts them up over his shoulders. Then, with a gut-wrenching heave, sent them spearing towards the poor Elec viruses.

Picking up his scimitar from where he dropped it, and focusing the power of the chip given to him into it, the blade became immolated in fire, ready to scorch the pathetic MetalStove. Druidman charged inwards, and with a quick swipe, send a wave of flames outwards towards his opponents.

Then Druidman moonwalked outta there, Firesword in hand.

1.)Energybomb Battlechip to MetalStove. (40Normx3)
2.)Driving Storm Force to TriProngBilly/MegaMagneaker. (30Elec, 20Woodx2/30Elec, 20Woodx2)
3.)Untapped Potential: Firesword Battlechip to MetalStove. (95Fire, possible other targets.)
4.)Reserved for Dodging.
5.)Reserved for Dodging.
The energybomb blasts the Metalstove, weakening it to near deletion. However, as it hits, something catches Druidman's eye. It's the figure, except not it seems to be moving closer. He can make out that it's a navi, but past that...
Undeterred, Druidman weakens the Magneaker, who manages to dodge the deadly wood part of the attack, but the Billy is not as lucky, falling under the force of the attacks. Then, using his Firesword, Druidman takes out the Metalstove. As the two viruses fall to pieces, though, small packets of data fall to the ground, which are quickly grabbed by two viruses, a normal billy and a normal oldstove.
Turning to his last enemy, Druidman sees the Magneaker preparing for an attack, before the figure, now revealed to be a heelnavi, leaps onto the creature's back and shoots a strange bolt of data into its systems. Throwing a rope around the creature's neck, it struggles for several seconds, letting out what were undoubtedly roars, before settling, its eyes blank, and the navi riding on top of it.
Hey, thanks, buddy! I was just going to catch one of these on my own, but when those other two showed up... well, anyways, it's mine now! Here's some compensation for your effort! He yelled, tossing a packet of data at Druidman, before turning his new steed away and bounding into the distance.

TriProngBilly: DELETED
MetalStove: DELETED
MegaMagneaker: CAPTURED

-Eh... Victory?-
Prizes: Magbomb1, Fireburn1, 200z
"Uh, you're welcome?" Druidman said somewhat puzzledly as he gathers up the data and slips it into his pouch. "Anytime, I guess, dude." he said as he turned and walked further into the net.

Part of him worried about allowing a HeelNavi to get away with such a virus, but then again, Druidman didn't have much problems deleting the other two, so it probably wasn't too dangerous.

Right?

((Battle 10, SP Chance))
(Sorry, Steve. No matches. D:
Better luck next time, eh?)

As Druidman continues, he encounters... a Boat? On a black sea? Eh?
Still, the path behind him seems to have dissappeared. Looks like he has two choices: Swim or Row. What will he do?
"Eh? Why is there a giant sea in the middle of a metropolitan network, man?" Druidman said, suddenly finding himself on it's banks.

"I don't know, but there isn't any way around it, so you're gonna have to plow through it." Steve said grimly.

"Well, I dunno about that boat, dude." Druidman said, eying it suspiciously. "It could be a trap... But, on the other hand, forget swimming." he clambered into the boat and picked up the oar. "STRENUOUS LABOR FORCE!!!" he joked as he digs into the water, scooting across the dead water.

((Row))
Now, continuing, Rocks on the left, a clear sea on the right.
WHADDAYA DO?