Electown Research (EVENT!)

MeleeMan rushes inwards as the smoke clears, viciously striking at the wounded hedgehog, tearing him asunder. Riccio looks at Meleeman with a look of utmost contempt.

Little Red fires a powered up salvo of her own, followed by a dramatic sword strike, damaging the once great Cybeast grievously. Riccio's head turns to face Red, with a look of rage.

Argo summons a DblCube, which flashes blue and fills everyone with renewed confidence. Argo follows up by a vegetable assault of corn and cactus. But...

Riccio, sensing his demise, fires off one more blast of electricity around him, striking everyone again. The shock distracts Argo enough to cause his sword attack to fail. Riccio looks at Argo with a look of terror.

Oberon, barely standing after the electrical strike, barely manages to hit Riccio again, right in the neck. Riccio turns, and gives Oberon the strangest look of all.

Triumph.

The holes in Riccio's body begin to glow in a pale yellow light. The light grows brighter and brighter as the stored electrical energy is released, wave after wave, washing over the Navi's. With a horrendous explosion that knocks all of the Navi's down, a swirling vortex of pure Elec Power forms were Riccio once stood. As the jack out barrier collapsed around them and processing speeds returned to normal, a chilling chorus of roars and screams echoes on the Navi's ears. Suddenly, Riccio rushes past them, fleeing from the area. Then a SECOND Riccio runs in another direction. Then another. Then another. So many that the Navi's lose count.

What have they done?

As silence falls in the depressed bowl, the Navi's see only one thing that remains: The charred and petrified trunk of Argo's Terraformer Tree, now forever fixed as a sort of memorial to what happened here today. Buried into the side of the tree are four glowing quills. The only thing left of the massive Cybeast. And, at the foot of the tree, four twinkling pieces of chip data.

VICTORY?

Riccio: UNLEASHED

MeleeMan.EXE: 6
Red_Riding_Hood.EXE: 6
Argo.EXE: 20
Titania.EXE: 6

Rewards:

MeleeMan.EXE: ElecSword, Riccio's Quill
Red_Riding_Hood.EXE: ElecSword, Riccio's Quill
Argo.EXE: ElecSword, Riccio's Quill
Titania.EXE: ElecSword, Riccio's Quill
Oberon silently picked up the chip data at his feet, absorbed it, and then pulled Riccio's quill free of the tree trunk, as a souvenir. He couldn't hope to understand what had happened. Kazu might, but Kazu wasn't talking, and neither was Sarah-- either they were speechless at the sight of the multiple Beasts or they had given up trying to communicate. Either way, the barrier of electricity would be down soon.

Oberon's blades vanished as he turned to face his allies. "This was a mightily fought battle," he said solemnly, full of respect and reverence. "I must count myself fortunate to be in the presence of such worthy fighters. Without you, Titania and I would have been deleted." He looked Rass, then MeleeMan, then finally Red in the eye, acknowledging each one of them.

"Thank you," he said, with a deep bow.
"I see..." Shin muttered after the shock of the multiple Cybeasts spawning from the original had occured.
Red, looking at her operator confused, asked, "What do you see?"
"Well," Shin started, "Apparently a Cybeast as I've heard, is a mass amalgamation of viruses. So, I guess that when we defeated this guy, the leftover viruses combined into more Cybeasts and ran off," Shin concluded, placing his hand on his chin thoughtfully.
"But that was really sexy how we defeated it!" Red exclaimed gleefully before, in a flash of light, returned to her normal form.
"Yeah... Let's take the quills and report back to the NetPolice." Shin suggested, heturned to face the other operators and their navis. "I guess I'll provide a report on this, see you guys around." With that, the screen showing his face dissappeared.
"Bye bye guys! That was really fun adventuring with you! See you around!" Red called at her comrades while taking out the quill from the side of the tree. She turned to the navis once more, "Here's my operator's e-mail if you need contact." Red said quickly as she waved goodbye and dissappeared in a flash of red light.

GET: FujiwaraShin@home.net
MeleeMan gave a wide grin as the beast appeared to be defeated, laughing in its scornful face. "Ha ha ha! Guess there's a new highest tier, eh? Your rank just went down a little, buddy!" he chuckled, pointing one thumb to the ground on his good hand.

"I saw an electric shock burst through the area, MeleeMan," Rania commented with worry, despite the end of the battle. "You didn't sustain any injury?"

"No... thanks to Rass, I'm okay. Wait... what the-?" MeleeMan grunted, then was suddenly repelled backward by the force of Riccio releasing innumerable quantities of miniature Cybeasts. "You dirty vermin! You think you can get away with a lame trick like that? For Christ's sake!" MeleeMan shouted, smashing the giant pillar of wood with his left fist. "What have we done? We thought we'd destroyed the Cybeast, didn't we? All that we've really done is help to spread its power! Now that the things divided into a million damn mini-beasts, it'll spread havoc even faster than it had been!"

"Don't blame yourself, MeleeMan. I'm sure that nobody could have anticipated that such a thing would happen," Rania reassured him. MeleeMan appeared to be silent, so she took the lack of a retort as agreement. "By the way, you also recieved a pretty valuable chip from this, and he appears to have left a little bit of data behind in the form of a quill. The sword weapon that Riccio's data formed will probably be very useful in battles against aqua battles, which are conviniently currently your weakest field."

Rania looked back to her netop partner, grasping one of his hands happily and smiling. "We couldn't have done this without you, Suien. It was great to have Rass aboard for this, and I doubt there's any way we could have survived their at the end without his backup. A few of the other combatants left addresses where we can speak with them too, so hopefully, we'll all be able to meet again in the future." Despite her happiness, Rania was beginning to get slightly disturbed at MeleeMan's abrupt lack of speech. "MeleeMan? Aren't you going to say goodbye to everyone that's leaving?" she asked, arching her eyebrows irritably.

MeleeMan couldn't respond because he'd already fallen unconcious. As he had done so, his head had connected with the giant wooden spike, causing his forehead to begin bleeding. The data of her navi's blood was now covering both his arms and his head, obscuring the white of his emulated coat in random blotches.

"Oh my God! MeleeMan! I stopped paying attention for two seconds and he collapsed!" Rania exclaimed, withdrawing him from the net in a burst of smoke. The cloud of smog was all that remained where MeleeMan had been lying moments earlier, while the navi himself was recovered into the safety of Rania's PET. "This is awful... I hope MeleeMan can bounce back from this somehow," Rania muttered, pocketing her PET.
Suien wasn't quite sure how to respond to Rania's latest comment, but as the firey-haired netOp took his hand, he did his very best to suppress a blush. Jailbait, Suien... Jailbait he thought, gulping as he listened to Rania praise his navi's efforts and contributions to the battle. Smiling outwardly, he couldn't help but think in the corner of his mind, You know, I'm the one who was operating Rass all this time. Maybe you could er... well... take notice of my abilities as an operator instead of... you know what, never mind. Shaking his head to clear the selfish thought, he smiled back and nodded his head. "You and MeleeMan did quite well yourselves. You guys managed to keep cool when the situation demanded it, and really pulled through right to the end."

-*-

B...Bastard... mumbled Argo, collapsing to his knees as a deluge of electric hedgehogs surged across the ground, bolting past the fusion navi and knocking him to the ground in his wake, You mean to say... that all of that... and now there's MORE of them?! Argo clenched his fists tightly as he snapped, slamming the ground with a mighty punch that dented the steel-plated network. Screw it! Binary be damned! I... I don't care if you use your stupid cheap copying tricks! I'll hunt you down! EVERY FREAKING LAST ONE OF YOU! NOBODY MAKES A FOOL OF ARGO AND GETS... Away... with...

UNIT 4RG0 DISENGAGED. FILES R455, T3M, AND 15H, NOT FOUND. NO SUITABLE SUBPROCESSOR FOUND TO REPLACE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR POSITION. SHUTTING DOWN...

The fusion navi, now completely black, fell limply to the ground.

-*-

Suien's eyes widened as his PET made a small beeping noise. Breaking his grasp on Rania's hands, his fingers flew across the PET keyboard at a high speed, entering in a series of commands. "Rass! D... Don't worry, Rass! Just hold on!" he yelled, initializing the jack-out procedures and clutching his PET tightly. As a stream of black light bolted toward the skies of Electown, the dark haired netOp breathed a sigh of relief. Turning toward Rania, he shrugged his shoulders and cocked his head to the side.

"So... what now?" he asked.
As the last of the Navis dematerialized and sailed into the sky, Titania and Oberon felt themselves start to dissolve as well. They felt something-- pride? Victory? But could not identify it. Nevertheless, they felt something, and perhaps that was what mattered.

Kazu's voice-link was likely broken. Two superimposed pairs of wings sprouted from the featureless white Navi's back, and a ray of light from above carried them into the sky, away from the scene and the grim monument.