Electown Research (EVENT!)

(Sorry about late post.... yea thats about it.)

"Niw wat Cindy?" Asked R-kid as he got up from being hurt like hell.

"Just wait R-kid... or hide or something." Said Cindy

"K!" Said R-kid, backing up a little.

SUMMARY:

TEH R-KID IS RETREATING 5 FEET BACK.

(.... I really need to begin buying sub-chips)
As the Navis progress toward the bottom of the depression, more and more static buildup surround them. Upon reaching the bottom, they discover a quivering mass of spikes. It is clear that this is the source of this particular disturbance, the motions of the quills generate electricity, which is carried outward to the surrounding area, as well as generate the jack out barrier.

Suddenly, the lump moved. Upward, uncurling, ever upward, It's true form is revealed to be a massive yellow hedgehog.

Cybeast Riccio.

Riccio lets out a massive roar, preparing to strike down the Navis with a massive electrical blast.

Riccio: 5000

R-Kid.EXE: 20
MeleeMan.EXE: 180
Red_Riding_Hood.EXE: 140
Rass.EXE: 100
Titania.EXE: 155
Oberon staggered backwards as Riccio reared its head, and his pendant reflected the thunder like a shimmering mirror, an expression on his face that was alien to his hardened, chalky-white features.

Titania and Oberon were strong when they were together. They were confident, semi-professional warriors. Before they were even activated for the first time, they had undergone extensive combat training. Their weapons were part of their bodies and for them, battle was a normal part of life. Even as he felt the fear rising in his gut, Oberon knew, because he was being told by the voice in his head that was desperately struggling to break free and defend him, that something was wrong. Titania, too, was frightened by the imposing figure of Riccio, but she sensed that even the mass of power before her was far less than the invincible avatar of might that she knew as a Cybeast.

Sounds of alarm, Kazu's voice crazily and randomly mixed with Sarah's, came through Oberon and Titania's link to the real word. The Cybeast's appearance had surprised their Operators as much as it had surprised the Navis themselves. This creature was a moving mass of destruction, a living, semi-sentient death machine, and there was an impenetrable jack-out/area barrer around the area.

It was time to fight or die. There would be no rescue this time, no miraculous deus ex machina to deliver them from the monster that was bearing down on their heads. This was it: A time of reckoning, their second chance, their second beginning, and possibly their last.

Oberon let go and allowed his more logical counterpart to temper his raw emotion with a hardened, jaded analysis of the situation, although, of course, even she could not hide from Oberon the fact that she shared his fear. Riccio had five thousand HP. With his allies, who had proven themselves plenty capable, maybe they could overcome this monstrosity.

With no further time to lose before the beast would strike,, Oberon leapt into the air and backflipped back up the hill, scraping the ground with his blades while inverted, which discharged their energy into the Net-scape slope and launched a cylinder-shaped projectile directly at Riccio's head.

He landed and absorbed the shock with his knees, then immediately continued in a series of arobatic leaps uphill, trying to put distance between himself and the imposing electric hulk at the center of the crater. He, or Titania, knew that avoiding damage was of the utmost importance: His enemy was blessed with great powers of endurance and strength, and a war of attrition would see him crushed. His body was Titania's. He had to stay safe. He had to fight, and win.

His pendant flashed. His eyes narrowed. His fear was gone. He would win, or die. Both options were laid before him clearly, and he would step forward into battle without hesitation.

Backflip for attack angle
Strike Ringlog1 [50 wood+60+accuracy] Riccio
Dodge
Red paled as she looked up at the monstrous Cybeast. The navi's entire body felt numb as Riccio roared, striking fear into her heart. For a moment, Red thought she would definitely get deleted in this fight if it wasn't for something her netop said.

"RED! MOVE!" Shin yelled, snapping Red back to her senses as she saw the hedgehog charging an electrical blast at her group. The wind navi flung into action, gathering wind around her feet and skyrocketing high into the air to avoid the Cybeast's oncoming attack. The red-caped wonder wiped her forehead, sighing in relief.

"Good job girl. Now go help kick its spiny behind! Boomerang! Ringlog! Slot-in!" her netop shouted as he slotted the chips into the PET.

Red was falling, mainly because the wind boost she just used was to propel her into the air to avoid the attack, and not to maintain a flying position. In this case, Red hurriedly whipped out both the Boomerang and the Ringlog and threw them in exaggerating motions towards the Cybeast before landing on the ground. The wind navi waited for any sign of attack from the Cybeast and prepared to jump, sidestep, barrel-roll, or do whatever possible to avoid any offensive manuevers coming from the hedgehog.

Turn Summary
*Gust: FLY RED FLY! aka Dodge by skyrocketing into the air.
1. Boomerang1 at Riccio [120 Elemental DMG]
2. Ringlog1 at Riccio [100 Elemental DMG]
3. Dodge for my life.
This was an awful idea from the start. I told them that we should have stayed put or waited for instructions, but *nooooo,* they had to just go and press on ahead. Then, when that barrier appeared, we should have waited for our netOps to go get help, but they *still* pressed onward! Now look at this! Suien told me this was going to be a research expedition, not a warzone! Whatever happened to collecting data samples? Or laboratory research? Or... Or... Or... any of the scientific method?

"Rass! Come in, Rass!"

I didn't sign up for this sort of thing... I'm just an experimental navi, not some sort of combat-hardened fighter! Oh man, look at those spines! They look like they'll tear a hole right through my fusionist protoplasm! We saw what it did to those viruses, what happens if it'll do that to us when it rips out our central processing units and mucks around in our systems! I.. I...

"Rass! Listen to me.... Rass!"

...I don't know what to DO! That... that thing is way too big and powerful! I knew I was going to be deleted someday but not... but not... but...

"RASS!" yelled Suien, standing up from his bench in Scilabs and causing a few heads to turn, "Pull yourself together! We don't have any choice but to fight now, so we might as well give that... that... that thing all we can!" Standing in the middle of the sidewalk, Suien grasped his PET tightly in one hand while gesturing madly like some insane orator with the other. "I know you think this is a bad idea, and I know that you don't believe you have a chance, but you have to stand and fight! Show them that together, you won't be taken down, show them..."

I hate to say it Suien, but Rass has a point, quipped Tem, uneasily looking at the humongous beast as it bore down upon the combatants, I've ran a preliminary scan of the creature's HP signature... and we're looking at a beast with more lasting power than anything we've encountered thus far... She gulped as luminescent green lines of code ran across her pupils, transferring the data to Suien's PET. ...possibly combined.

Are you kidding, woman? Five THOUSAND hit points? There's no way that can be right! interrupted Argo as his gemstone glowed and released the melee subsystem. Something's malfunctioning! There's no possible way that reading of yours can be... Argo ceased his interruption as a streak of green bolted to Rass' chest, No... No way.... he said, eyes widening in awe, S... Suien, this isn't a good idea at all! We've got to get out of here! If we stay and fight this thing we're going to get slaughtered! If we had any worthwhile teammates besides MeleeMan over there, we'd stand a chance, but...

...preliminary attack values calculate that we won't be able to deal sufficient damage to it before we run out of chips. Furthermore, we probably won't even be able to exhaust the chips if the fact that he's 50 times as durable as we are is any indication. Suien, all signs point to the fact that this is one battle we cannot win! said a concerned Tem, eyes shifting back and forth.

Look at those spikes! Geez, I don't want to get within melee range of that...

...damage potential is through the roof. I don't think that we can...

...all Rasshole's fault for not being stronger! If I were the...

SILENCE! demanded Ishamel as the normally silent targeting subsystem appeared in the middle of Rass' chest. Rass, Argo, Tem, and Suien all turned, surprised as Ishamel began to rant in his cold, mechanical voice. TARGET POSSESSES GREAT FIGHTING CAPABILITIES BUT APPEARS INCAPABLE OF HIGHER COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS. TARGET IS ALSO OUTNUMBERED AND IS SUBSCEPTABLE TO TACTICAL FUNCTIONS. AFOREMENTIONED FACTORS INCREASE CHANCE OF SUCCESS TO ACCEPTABLE LEVELS. The targeting subsystem disappeared as quickly as he had come, leaving a trio of very surprised entities staring downward.

"Exactly!" shouted Suien, jamming a minibomb and a boomerang into the side of his PET, "You guys are going to have to work together, both within Rass and alongside your comrades, if we're going to survive this battle! Rass, reprogram the minibomb and designate RainbowKid as the primary target for healing energies. While he may seem unimportant at the moment, we'll need every edge we can get to see this through. Ishamel, I know you're not entirely comfortable with boomerang use, but you'll have to utilize your internal calculation system to adjust Rass' aim while he repairs damage to RainbowKid's systems." Rass' head spun with his netOp's complicated orders, but he and Ishamel nodded in affirmation. Thinking quickly, Suien continued. "Argo, overclock the 3L3M system and set it to fire... no wait, ice! The water-type base should conduct electricity more effectively."

Suien, given that we're facing off against an ELECTRIC monster of death and destruction, wouldn't we want to make something that WON'T make us die faster? interrupted Argo.

"It'll be important in a little bit," reasoned Suien, "Just stay away from the ice as best you can for now. Everyone clear on what they need to do? Let's make this happen then! Battle routine set!"

The four systems cried out in unison as each hurried to begin their respective task.

"EXECUTE!"

Rass felt a large weight materialize in his hand as the awkward minibomb took shape in a burst of light. Instead of lobbing the small explosive, however, Rass began to concentrate his recovery energies, diverting system resources into reprogramming the minibomb. The fusion navi's protoplasmic skin folded over the minibomb, rewriting the core files beneath a sheath of black, fluidlike material. A few short seconds later, the now-pink bomb was hurled toward RainbowKid, detonating in a flash of magenta light and bathing the tiny navi with regenerative sparklets. The dazzling shrapnel went straight to work, forming a miniature whirlwind as it attempted to heal the navi's numerous cuts and burns. Without wasting any time to check on the toddler's status, however, Rass dropped one leg back and pivoted on it, swinging his body in a wide arc as the metallic-green boomerang quickly formed in the palm of his now-red right hand. TARGET CONFIRMED: INITIALIZING BATTLE ROUTINES! shouted Ishamel as he whirled around, releasing the boomerang in a smooth motion and sending it spiraling toward Riccio in a sweeping burst of grass-type energies.

Argo, meanwhile, had been charging the left palmbuster unit with enough aquatic energy to drown a Shrimpy. As the palm glowed with pale blue light, he grumbled to himself We're just gonna be sitting ducks with this. With a grunt of effort, he slammed Rass' fist into the nearest panel, briefly fusing with it as elemental energy was forced into the surrounding area. A small frozen pool of ice quickly formed around the fusion navi as thick white smoke began to cloud the area. An unseen force directed the mist toward Riccio, aiming to throw off the massive creature's aim. I hope you know what you're doing, Suien! shouted Argo as Tem took control of the body's legs and leaped backward, taking care to stay away from the dangerous ice panels.

"Don't worry, don't worry," said Suien, partially to his navi and partially for his own comfort, "I've calculated a plan that just might work..."

1: Conversion: Minibomb heal to R-Kid (30 Heal)
2: Boomerang (60, 120 Wood) to Riccio
3: Terraformer: Ice (Creates several ice panels and a 60 HP Mist Generator that reduces enemy accuracy)
4: Autododge
"By... by God!" MeleeMan gasped through clenched teeth, staggering back with his jaw hanging open. He fell to one knee for a moment, feeling the very earth shake underneath him, disturbing the rest of the loose shards of steel scattered around. There was no mistaking it. This was a Cybeast. "A damn Cybeast! That research group sent us out here to be mauled! Damn it all!" MeleeMan shouted, smashing the ground mercilessly with his fists. "A kid... two kids! There are two kids with us, facing a freaking Cybeast! They'll be killed!"

"Try to stay calm, MeleeMan," Rania instructed him, although she herself showed obvious worry. MeleeMan caught sight of this, grating his teeth in rage. "No, MeleeMan, control yourself. There's no way you guys are going to be able to pull this off unless you each utilize the absolute best of your abilities. It's good to see that you know the magnitude of strength that your enemy possesses, but if you rush at it headlong, you're going to be skewered, electrocuted, and killed."

MeleeMan gulped, rising to his feet and entering a ready stance. "I see your point," he admitted. "No enemy intimidates MeleeMan!" he cried, pounding one fist into the opposite palm. "You hear me, hedgehog? I'll suplex you over my shoulders and drop you back into your damn hole!"

"Like I said, you're going to need a strategy, MeleeMan. Something more realistic than suplexing a giant beast into a crater," she commented, filing through her chips. "Here, this boomerang should work well." Suddenly, her lips parted in a gasp, and she clenched her PET more tightly. "MeleeMan, what's happening?"

As MeleeMan had pounded his hands together, a bright light overtook his body. His suit faded to a soft white, as his coat took on a similar tone. The beltstrap connecting it faded little by little, disappearing as the open sides of his coat drew closer together. With flashes of bright red and a quick, sounding snap of metal, his gloves and collar took on a red steeley look, much debonair and sleek than his previous look. His helmet, vanished, leaving his small, flaming red eyes visible under thick black eyebrows. His brown hair seemed to grow a little longer, allowing his bangs to fall over one of his eyes. His frown seemed to be overtaken by a wide smile of determination, and he expelled some bright blue smoke from his gauntlets with a smirk.

"MeleeMan... you've... you've changed! I've never seen this before!" Rania commented, blushing at his slightly more handsome form.

"Ha ha ha! I've always been here, it's simply a matter of pressing START on the character select instead of X!" he laughed, placing his hands balled at his hips.

"Oh... what now?" she asked, sweeping a bit of hair out of her eyes with the back of one hand. "Well, um, nevermind. For now, let's focus on strategy. I'm sending you this boomerang, so-"

"Just the boomerang?" MeleeMan asked, smiling, but maintaining a serious look. "You did read the special combo in the instruction manual, didn't you? The X + O combo?"

"What...?" Rania asked, confused. Thinking for a moment, she flipped through the tiny book she'd bought on netbattling, looking for any strategy that involved a boomerang. She arched her eyebrows excitedly as she managed to come upon something.

Quote ()

Boomerage is a wood battlechip, making it immune to elec energy, and Thunder is a negative charged lighting ball in the anime. Zapring is also negative charged, if it is not being used as its gun weapon form. (the Zapring battlechip turns positive to shoot the zapring itself.) if your fuse thunder and zapring by the side (not alined, or else you get hurt by the power of magnet repel) you get a thunderchangingelecnevcharger (or Eleccharger for short). Now for the boomerang, you must be careful to fuse the chip data. If you fuse them by the side like the Eleccharger you with either:

A. Get nothing

B. Have the two unstable chip data explode on you.

C. Or be stuned when the thunder repels.

so to fuse these two chips, you need a tubefuse. The Thunder Battlechip data has two main points, the normal negative elec turner, and the electube. You must use the electube setting (if your type is elec, I envy you). The electube is like a small rod made from Elinelernec (the metal the billy virris use to form the elec energy.) This would fuse in the direct center of the boomerang before it fully curves and finishes forming. Datawood is also 3% metal, so something like the negative Electube should make a stabimagic that is pulled in by a negative charge.

The boomerang is, total, 40% metal.

"Ah ha! Here we go! The boomerang is 40% metal!" Rania exclaimed, holding one hand over her mouth, looking back and forth between her navi and Suien with shock. "We can use the... the... electube? I think that's right. We use the electube of our Magbolt battlechip to form a magnetized boomerang for extra damage!" she cried excitedly.

"And that's not all!" MeleeMan interjected with a fierce grin. We'll also magnetize the other boomerangs inward, towards our own boomerang, creating a whirling mass of pain for my opponent! The guy will wish he's picked an even higher-tier character when he sees my ultimate combo chain!" he laughed.

"That's... very impressive," she commented, smiling as she slotted in the battle chips. "Good luck, MeleeMan."

"Thanks, but with you behind the joystick, I won't need it!" he said with a winning flash of the teeth.

Rania blushed, unused to her navi giving her any sort of flattery. "Um... thanks then," she replied, shifting her position slightly in her seat and giving an embarassed look to Suien. "I guess your time with Seraphim really paid off."

"Yeah, I guess he did. I'll have to remember to choose him as a Striker again in the future; his attacks really complimented mine," he commented, pumping himself up. "But Rass compliments me just as well! Now, let's take it to this Cybeast already! Jam down on that joy-stick, double tap it! I need to rush!" he yelled, moving in slightly towards Riccio. "Here we go! Boomerang! Ha!" the navi shouted, releasing a spinning blade of datawood towards his formidible opponent, being certain to thoroughly magnitize it first with his own magbolt weapon. "The guy's taking up like, three times the hit connection range of a regular opponent. The other guy's got to be an idiot for choosing him; he's such an easy target! And slow too! That'll teach him to choose the biggest character!"

"Yeah... sure," Rania replied, lowering her eyebrows a bit and returning to the fact that MeleeMan was still a complete moron. "You do realize that that contradicts your entire principle as a navi, don't you?"

"What was that?" MeleeMan asked, still caught up in the heat of battle and prepping himself to dodge.

"Nothing. Just focus on the battle," she sighed, slumping back down and resting her cheek on her fist.

1) Activate SeraphimCross
2) Magnetize boomerang with magbolt
3) Launch magnetized boomerang at Riccio [120 elemental damage], bringing all other launched boomerangs back around for extra damage [(120 elemental bonus x 2 panel bonus) x 3]
4) Dodge
(I'm late again...)(Thats it, I'll just rush it.)

"Gah... Cindy! Big tang!" Said R-kid.

"It's all right Rainbowkid, You need to heal first though." Said Cindy.

"K!." Said R-kid, Using energy from his Rainbow Gems and making a ball of energy. "Retor!" Said R-kid, recovering using the energy.

"Now keep you guard up!" Said Cindy. She held on to the Guard Battlechip, but waited just in case R-kid REALLY needed it.

"Ay!" Said R-kid, Running in a zigzag motion backwards. He watched as the others fought and made sure to keep a eye on the big... thingy. He got ready to jump as well in case of a long ranged attack.

When R-kid zigzaged far enough, he charged ahead, ready for his next attack, but kept zigzaging again to avoid late attacks.

===============================
Rainbow Flash; 50dmg; Convert into heal; R-kid
Zigzag Dodge Retreat Form
Zigzag Dodge Charge Form
===============================

(Ya, REALLY bad and short post, but I don't like to keep people waiting for too long.)

(Whoa, you read my research, YAY! I'm useful,)
((Bumpiteh.))
((Bump.))
Titania's Ringlog works well, but that's mostly due to the fact that it's pretty hard to miss something the size of a Cybeast. After that, it's Dodge city!

Red launches into the air, which helps the Boomerang along to strike Riccio. Just to pester the beast further, she drops a log on it's head.

Rass, always the team player, tries to heal R-kid, although he barely succeeds, R-kid is running around quite a bit. Ishmael does his job well, the third boomerang strikes true to Riccio. Then Terraformer takes effect, forming the Mist Generator.

Before any mist gets produced, however, the new, goofier model of MeleeMan, by what can only be considered pure dumb luck, manages to electrically charge a wood chip, and lets it fly. Miraculously, the strategy works... sort of. One boomerang was too wide, and swung around Riccio, missing him entirely. To make matters worse, the unstable mix of Elec and Wood explodes, sending shrapnel outwards that hits all of the Navis! (10)

R-kid heals himself, then runs around like crazy.

After that, however, the Navi's luck takes a vacation. Riccio, now thoroughly enraged, opens it's mouth...

In what can only be explained as awesome, a massive ball of lightning forms, which, with a slight roar, Riccio absolutely launches forward, aimed at MeleeMan! However, fate intervenes again, R-kid Zagged when he should have Zigged, and ran straight into the blast, filling him with pain beyond imagination. Good thing he has that Undershirt...

Then, Riccio starts to generate Static electricity around itself. The mist now floating through the air doesn't help much, either, as the air is not full of static, slowing down everything inside the barrier.

Riccio: 4080

R-Kid.EXE: 1
MeleeMan.EXE: 170
Red_Riding_Hood.EXE: 130
Rass.EXE: 90
Titania.EXE: 145
Mist Generator: 50

Special: Riccio Minor NetDrain in Effect: -1 Action for the next two rounds for everyone!
Rass yelled and covered his face with his arms as the charged boomerang exploded into thousands of tiny metallic fragments. The razor-sharp shrapnel sliced deeply into his forearms as the force of the explosion blasted the fusion navi onto his back. Rass lay on the ground, breathing heavily as his wounded arms leaked trace amounts of dark fluid onto the blasted network. As his self-repair systems went to work, however, he noticed a persistant, high-pitched ringing in his ears that seemed to originate from the hedgehog's dangerous-looking quills. Bursts of static energy streaked from spine to spine as the air itself seemed to slow down. Rass' body felt like it was submerged in water as he sluggishly forced himself to a standing position.

-*-

Outside, Suien cursed, frantically trying to adjust his PET to match the changing processing speed of the damaged network. "Average runtime output is down to 75%? This is bad... most navi's can't even operate with a differential of over 40%. If this battle continues on like it has much longer..." he glanced at the goldenrod elecreel chip nervously before shaking his head and tapping the side of his PET, "...well, that's why we have to finish this quickly." He turned to Rania and cleared his throat, shooing away any impure thoughts from his mind before they could take root. "I think... I have a way to put a pretty large dent in that thing's armor," he said, "I'm giving Rass directions now, so would it be possible to have MeleeMan to go along with what he says?" Suien glanced nervously at Rania's PET before turning back to his chip folder and flipping through the sleeves. Though his next words were at the tip of his tongue, he decided against speaking them at the last minute. I know MeleeMan isn't normally one to accept commands so... I hope you'll be able to coax him into doing so, Rania...

Removing the ElecReel chip along with a Windbox and Rockcube, Suien drew in a deep breath as he opened up communications with Rass and turned up the speakers. "Rass? Put Tem on your communications uplink. I need to speak with her."

-*-

Rass didn't really understand what was going on, but he generally knew better than to question things when Tem and Suien were talking. Still, he had to question the prudence of his netOp's strategies when the deployment of the mist generator had only served to compound the amount of disruption present. Rass winced as he heared Tem yell for Suien to speak up in her shrill voice which, compounded with the high-pitched ringing in his ears, was audial torture for the poor navi. All right, All right! she shouted, shifting her presence into Rass' arms and channeling chip energy into them, I'm going to assume that you're giving me the command. Rass, I need you to tell the other navis to toss their guards onto the ice, face-up. If we do that, we should be able to blast that thing with enough voltage to power the entire internet.

Rass' eyes widened in response, "B-But without g-guards, they'll be s-sitting ducks for that thing's c-c-counterattacks, right?"

Tem didn't answer at first, instead opting to slam the ground with a pair of blue gauntlets, creating a large, mechanical fan adjacent to an equally imposing chunk of rock. Finally, the tactical subsystem sighed and returned to her gemstone. With any luck... she mumbled, uncharacteristically hesitant, We won't need to worry its counterattacks.

Rass paused, gulped, then cupped his hands to his mouth. "H-Hey!" he shouted, trying to get the attention of the other navis, "Here's what you've got to do..."

-*-

Outside, Suien frowned as he saw the output variables for the windbox. This is bad, he thought, At those levels, we won't have enough power to push Riccio unless...

1: Wind: Create 100 HP Windbox, Blast Riccio onto the ice
2: Rockcube: Create 200 HP Rockcube

--Turn Splice--
Red was blown back by the exploding shrapnel that came from the malfunction of the Boomerang combo but quickly got back on her feet. She saw Rass trying to use the Windbox to do something to the Cybeast.
"Red! Blow the Cybeast onto the ice!" Shin commanded his navi, pointing to the ice panels that were formed recently.
Red nodded her head understanding as she gathered a massive force of wind unlike she had ever done before and strained with all her effort to use the mighty gust to send the giant hedgehog onto the ice in association with Rass' Windbox. She then heard Rass yelling at her teammates to do something.

Quote (Rass)

Toss your guards onto the ice, face-up.

Red quickly looked up to her operator and relayed the order. Her operator nodded and sent his navi the chip.
Whatever you guys are thinking better work. Shin thought as his navi produced a yellow disk with a green plus symbol on it out of her picnic basket.
"Here you go!" Red cheerfully exclaimed as she tossed her Guard onto the ice, face-up, just the way her teammate wanted her to. The red-caped wonder observed the Cybeast worriedly, preparing to quickly dive out of the way of any oncoming attacks.

Turn Summary
*Gust: Aid Windbox in blowing Cybeast Riccio onto the ice.
1. Throw Guard onto ice, face-up
2. Dodge
"Roger!" Oberon shouted, as the yellow energy of the Guard chip flowed through his body and into his arms. The chip cast an odd yellow light onto his blankly pallid body, but not for long-- with a flick of his elbow, Oberon launched a yellow shield away from his body and onto the ice, spinning like a Frisbee. It bounced on the ground slightly. Oberon was used to obeying the orders of teammates quickly and without question, lest he jeapordize a situation by delaying. Against his better judgement, he followed the Guard with a missile of a more useful nature, an Energybomb. With luck, the Guards would keep the Energybomb's blast completely focused on Riccio.

Something was being shouted at him through his communication link with physical reality, but neither Oberon nor his counterpart were able to understand it-- it was being garbled too severely by the wall of energy and by the field of static. Kazu, or Sarah-- even the voice's pitch was impossible to tell-- seemed excited for some reason. Perhaps they were warning him? No matter. He needed to rely on his teammates.

Even as he felt his energy being drained by Riccio's powers, Oberon grit his teeth. He did not need to brace himself. He was already ready for anything.

Despite the dire situation, Oberon found that not only his fear, but also his fury were gone now. The creature before him was both terrible and beautiful. It was power, pure power, without anger, hatred, or malice of any kind.

He was filled with confidence. He and his allies would do it. They, those sent by an organization as incompetent as the NetPolice, would topple the Cybeast. The jewel on Oberon's chest pulsed now with a steady light, having lost the firey flash of his anger. This was his victory, his destiny.

Deep inside him, someone was happy.

Breakdown
-No action due to drain-
Throw Guard onto ice
Boost- Energybomb [130]
"Oh no!" Rania shouted, covering her face as it reddened at the result of her plan. "Everyone took damage from the shrapnel! I should have thought that one out better," she sighed.

"R-Kid! Good God, one of my strikers is almost down! I didn't know he could cover full screen attacks like that!" MeleeMan shouted, clutching at his long hair. "You didn't have to do that, kid! That was brave, but stupid! Damn stupid!"

"I actually don't think he was trying to cover for you, MeleeMan," Rania interjected. "He just happened to move in the way of the attack."

"Oh... Oh, I get it. Still, he took that hit for me, and now I have to make it up to him! I'll do it with my full-meter flaming fist attack!" MeleeMan roared, charging in for a brutish uppercut with his right. "My movements!" he gasped, trying in vain to run with his usual speed, only to find that he moved at a snail's pace as though under increased gravity. "Rania, what's going on? I'm finding it extremely difficult to move all of a sudden. I know I'm a large character, but this is ridiculous!" he roared, futily twisting his broad, white-coated shoulders to try to shake off Riccio's wide-spread lag effect.

"The Cybeast is emitting a special force to slow you guys down!" Rania explained. "We're going to have to use our heads here."

"Bah! Use our heads? Let's just button mash!" MeleeMan scoffed. "Come on, Rania, I need you to input the commands! Tap the A button!"

"Wait," Rania asked her navi, listening to Suien explain his strategy to her. "Suien has an excellent strategy that we can use to deal massive damage to the beast, even with our reduced mobility. I'm sending you a guard."

"Guard? For Pete's sake, I haven't taken any damage besides the doofy shrapnel!" he laughed, plucking the shard of the boomerang from the chest of his jacket. "Besides, why do I need any strategy that guy thought up? Can't you come up with strategies for me?"

Rania bit her lip, as she suddenly realized the efficiency of Suien's plan as compared to her previous. He's considering the welfare and abilities of the entire team, not just his own navi," she thought, clenching her PET more tightly. "I've got a lot to learn. But for now, I've got to keep track of my own navi and make sure Suitach- er, Suien's plan goes off without a hitch." Rania adopted a stern expression, trying to appear as imposing as possible (the face did it, but the girlish red hair was lacking). "MeleeMan," she said slowly, "you're going to use this guard in cooperation with Rass and the others to reflect the elecreel for maximum effect. If you fail to comply, you're damaging the efforts of your entire team and jeapordizing their safety."

"Rass is heading this plan? Hmph! There's a guy with soul! I guess I'll lend him support then; I can trust him," MeleeMan nodded, recieving the guard. MeleeMan jumped forward, gritting his teeth hard as he reached out for one of the beasts giant spikes, attempting to break it from its roots to attract the beasts attention. "Alright, this one isn't something that I see on my command list," MeleeMan shrugged, "but I've heard that it works!" With a wide horizontal arc of his arm, MeleeMan slung his guard into position. "I'll score a few shots on the side while I'm waiting," MeleeMan muttered, arming himself with a markcannon as he crouched down on one knee. He took little time to aim, lining up the basic cursor and then releasing the shot. He tried to keep a bit of distance from the creature, but also to make sure he was still behind the shield's area; it would be a disaster if he were to take the brunt of the electric attack as well, amplified by the icy floor.

1) Soul Fist: Tear Asunder to Riccio [50, +15 to all successful attacks to target following this attack]
2) Set up guard on ice
3) Markcannon1 to Riccio [70]

Quote ()

Before any mist gets produced, however, the new, goofier model of MeleeMan, by what can only be considered pure dumb luck, manages to electrically charge a wood chip, and lets it fly. Miraculously, the strategy works... sort of. One boomerang was too wide, and swung around Riccio, missing him entirely. To make matters worse, the unstable mix of Elec and Wood explodes, sending shrapnel outwards that hits all of the Navis! (10)

(((Ya, I should have seen this chance coming.)))

R-Kid yelled and backed up form being hit by a fair few shards of boomerang metal. The glass sharp parts sliced like needles into his legs, doing a very small yet hurtful damage as the blast itself also repelled him a few feet back. Panting like a dog with no water for 2 days he pushed himself back up and moved around again. As he moved, he tried to zigzag again as all of the static energy from the quills streaked from quill to another quill again and again as the network slowed down more and more, mostly from static feedback. The air was shocking like crazy and R-kid seemed to slow down, and ended up being blasted to hell like toast as the ball of elec energy hit him right in front of Meleeman. R-kid's body felt like stone as he tried to lift himself up, with only one hp left to spare.

While in the real world Cindy thought madly to try and think of a way to beat an all powerful Cybeast. She then flipped through a cyber battle book she wrote and tried to find the things about Cybeasts that might help her out. The network lag was making her cybervideocamera work more and more uselessly. But she didn't care about that, she only cared about how to defeat the Cybeast, with the Network speed as low as 20% of the original speed. This would make battlechips 30% less useful. She looked toward the battlechip store nearby, she needed to get something to help, but she had to back up R-kid a little first. She pulled the whole custom storage of battlechips she had under her PET and looked at all of the battlechips, hoping for something to help her in a tight spot. "I have to find a way..." She thought "If I can just find that page..." She thought out loud, looking in her book of netbattleing. Cindy glanced back and back at her PET to make sure that R-kid can still keep going. "Come'on come'on..." She said again and again. The flipped and flipped till she reached a page on 'Attacks at the huge'.

Removing a few battlechips in her hand she got ready to help R-kid, first with a minibomb to heal, she read the book, and she knew she could pull it off with the lag right at the moment so she just pulled out a guard battlchip like everyone else so she could stall for the right moment.

While in the net... R-kid didn't know how to counter such a turn of events when Cindy's voice then suddenly popped up. "Rainbowkid, we need to stall, heal and throw a guard down like everyone else!" She said. "K!" said R-kid, backing up a little. "Battlchip, Minibomb, Slot in!" Said Cindy, separating the minibomb from the guard battlechip and inserting it into the PET, which uploaded into R-kid's main frame network. "Eal!" Said R-kid, as he broke down the minibombs data and healed himself with the multicolor energy ball, and with it he can keep moving for the guard throw. "Ready Rainbowkid?" Said Cindy, holding up the battlechip. labeled 'Guard'. "Edy ais il eva bi!" Said R-kid, using force to pull out the shards of metalwood boomerang part from his legs. "Ok Rainbowkid, for the swarm! Or whatever that means. "Ail ight!" R-kid shouted, moving in front of the ice and ready in a throw-something position. "Battlchip, Guard, Pure unlock, Go!" Said Cindy, as she uploaded the guard that R-kid got behind, He put his hands on them to rush a push, then suddenly gripping his leg as some data somehow leaks a little more. "Are you ok Rainbowkid?!?" Asked Cindy, scared. "Im ine, ust a eak." Said R-kid, getting into position again.

Cindy didn't know what to think when they planed this, not watching Rainbowkid as he got behind the guard and got ready to push. The guards together might be worth something, or might not. She looked at the guards already on the ice, hoping that they would do something to shift the position of the battle to the favor of the NAVI.

R-kid stopped a little behind the guard incase of coming attacks, and then shook a little. A Cybeast was still staring down at him, and to lower him to one HP as well... what power. He put his hands on the guards for a push, but waiting a few seconds first...

While in the real world again, Cindy looked at her book, this tactic might have been in the book too, so they looked inside incase of answers. She looked and looked, and she found some things about mass amounts of guards, but so many tactics, which one was it?!?

1. Minibomb heal, 30H.

2. Guard, (reflect) thrown face up at the ice around the Cybeast AFTER everyone else makes their move (not including the Cybeast) incase of enemy attacks. Will be push only after.

As the fourth guard clanged to the ground, sliding to a halt upon the frigid field, Rass gulped and balled his hands into a pair of tight fists. For one terrible instant, the fusion navi found himself unable to take action - petrified by the pressure of the moment as all eyes lay on him, waiting for him to take the next move. Breaking his fixated gaze on the gigantic cybeast, Rass glanced nervously to each of his comrades. The two children appeared exhausted, though the red-cloaked one had proved invaluable by adding her own wind powers to the Windbox's gust. Oberon looked winded, but his eyes shone with such a fire that Rass could not help but be intimidated. Finally, MeleeMan, different in appearance but unchanged in strength, bore down upon the massive creature with a dangerous-looking cannon. Rass glanced downward, biting his lower lip as the sudden realization hit him.

They... they're all counting on me...?

The Windbox creaked in protest as it continued to operate at its maximum setting, aimed to press Riccio into the ice and suppress its movement. Tem, Argo, and Ishamel said nothing, the three subsystems swirling into a mass of color on Rass' chest and silently nodding in affirmation before returning to their designated stations. 3L3M system is online and functioning. Targeting systems optimized. Calculations have been relayed to the central processor... said Tem softly, We're ready whenever you are.

-*-

Suien frowned as he noted the positions of the remaining navis. Despite their dire situation, none of them had elected to use the Rockcube for cover as he had intended. On the contrary, the more durable-looking individuals had even begun launching attacks of their own. Even MeleeMan, who had shown little inclination to fight for anyone other than himself in the past, had elected to toss the guard onto the ice and continue to fight to the best of his ability. I suppose they all wanted to go down fighting he thought, extracting the goldenrod chip from his folder and twirling it around between his thin fingers, Hopefully it won't come to that...

"Elecreel battlechip!" cried Suien, his fingers flying as he pressed the small battlechip into the PET's receptacle, "Finish it, Rass!"

-*-

Rass' head snapped to attention as electrical energy coursed through his circuitry, ultimately collecting within his palms. Coils of lightning sparked and sputtered from his fingertips as his hands turned from dull black to a blinding yellow in a matter of seconds. Charge ratio is at 80% and climbing! shouted Tem over the roar of the electrical discharges, Get ready!

Thank you, everyone... thought Rass as he thrust both palms into the air and released the energy in a flash of yellow light.

A hundred-thousand golden sparklets flew into the sky...

...and the heavens responded to the appeal, raining coils of thunder and lightning that converged on the Cybeast's icy prison. Flashing bolts of electric energy surged downward in a flashy display of orange and yellow light.

The impact generated massive plumes of smoke and a powerful shockwave that blasted the small fusion navi backwards, causing him to stumble and crash awkwardly into his own rockcube. The chaotic effect was amplified by a painful metallic sound which erupted from the tossed guards as they absorbed the impact of the electric onslaught. Despite the tingling numbness that lingered in his arms, Rass could not help but cover his ears tightly, pressing his palms against the side fo his helmet. His ears ringing and his vision blurred, Rass squinted toward ground zero of the thunderous assault.

Did... did it work...?

3: Elecreel Guard Group + Riccio (100 Damage x2 Ice panels +15 Tear Asunder, reflected on all 4 guards = 1075 Damage)
Riccio's Static Aura continues, which is unfortunate, because he seems to suffer from it as well! His slowed body makes him a better target.

Rass' freshly summoned Windbox makes Riccio shudder. It doesn't seem to be enough, however, Riccio isn't moving!

Red, however, really saves the day. Her gust manages to destabilize one of Riccio's legs, sending him spilling over, and thus blown to the center of the icy area! The impact destroys the Mist Generator, though. It's a good thing that was there, or Riccio could have scooted right on by! Red follows up by tossing a guard, bouncing just to the north of Riccio.

Oberon's Guard similarly bounces towards Riccio's west side. Riccio, unable to get up on the slick ice, takes the Energybomb square in the back.

MeleeMan punches Riccio in the face. Deep in Riccio's eyes, a slight gleam of complete astonishment flashes through. While he was close, he dropped the guard, right to the east of the Cybeast. Shooting the locked on MarkCannon at the dread Cybeast results in more damage to the electrical menace.

R-Kid drops the bomb, literally. The resulting corona heals the small child, giving him enough strength to heave his Guard, just south of the beast. A miss?

Of course not! With shear determination, Rass launched a twirling mass of electricity at the beast. Striking through Riccio, the ball bounces off the north Guard, hitting Riccio again, then the east, west, and south, Hitting the Cybeast an astonishingly high five times. Riccio screeches in pain, then rage.

That rage manifests again, forming a second massive ball of thunder, which launches outwards, striking MeleeMan, and this time, no human shields!

Riccio: 2740

R-Kid.EXE: 31
MeleeMan.EXE: 20
Red_Riding_Hood.EXE: 130
Rass.EXE: 90
Titania.EXE: 145
MistGenerator (Rass): DELETED
WindBox (Rass): 100 (1/3)
RockCube (Rass): 200 (1/3)

Special: Riccio Minor NetDrain in Effect: -1 Action for the next round for everyone!
"That was pretty sweet." Shin commented as the Cybeast was engulfed in a massive damage attack.

"Yeah, but we still got some ways to go." Red commented looking up at the Cybeast.

"Alright then, get behind Rass' Rockcube and fire at that hedgehog with these." Shin ordered, slotting-in two chips.

"Got it." Red replied as she gathered wind around herself and glided over behind the Rockcube. She waved to her pink companion.

"Sorry, I'm going to use this for a while." the wind navi stated as she drew a bazooka from her picnic basket. The navi got up on top of the Rockcube in a sniping position. The bazooka instantly locked on to the Cybeast and Red pulled the trigger, letting loose a strong blast from the barrel of the bazooka right at the electric entity, making it dissipate into the net from it's one-use.

"Next," Red muttered as she drew a shotgun from her picnic basket. Already up on the Rockcube, the wind navi grinned as she pulled the trigger and sent a blast of bubbling water right out of her shotgun and straight at the Cybeast. Hopefully, it might freeze the beast in place. Red then fell to the ground behind the Rockcube, the static air making her unble to do anything more.

Turn Summary
*Gust: Glide behind Rockcube
1. MarkCannon to Riccio [70 DMG, high accuracy]
2. Bubbler to Riccio [50 DMG, attempt to freeze]
3. -Lag, cannot move-
Unable to contain his excitement, Oberon raised one weapon and gave a whooping cheer as he watched the spectacle unfold before his eyes. With each passing moment, his teammates were proving more and more resourceful, and it was most certainly giving them the upper hand in this conflict. Riccio's hit points had very nearly been cut in half.

Hope surged through Oberon, even as he relinquished control of his body, and felt his female counterpart begin to move on his behalf. They both knew now-- or perhaps it was because she was telling him-- that for the time being, she would have the most success in helping the team.

Kazu was still having minimal success in getting any communications through the wall of crackling energy, but mercifully, chip data was coming through just fine. Kazu was still attending the battle. Titania, now that she was dominant, couldn't help but recognize her Operators' dilligence: For all she knew, they couldn't *see* the battle either.

Riccio was still vunerable, and Titania was still strong: It was time to make herself useful. As Rass, undoubtedly the team's greatest boon, had beautifully demonstrated, electricity was still harmful to Riccio, the thunder-element Cybeast.

She planted her feet without fear, eyeing the beast. It would fall. It would fall to her and Oberon... and to their allies, all around. Of the Navis trapped in the sphere of crackling electricity with them, they were still strong, and still unafraid of death or deletion.

The knowledge that it would be beneficial for her, Titania, to take a hit instead of a teammate on the brink of deletion, overrode her fear of the massive power she faced as she drew her bow to its fullest, and fired the oversized arrow with all her bow's terrible power.

Strike Zapring [100 elec+stun]
"M-M-M-M-MELEEMAN!" yelled Rass as he abandoned his cover behind the rockcube to dash over to his larger comrade. The success of his previous maneuver was of little concern to him relative to the beast's counterattack. The fusion navi wasn't sure what worried him more: the fact that the monstrous assault had sapped his friend's health by such a large margin, or the prospect of being on the recieving end of the next one. As he skidded to a halt near the giant navi, Rass hesitated, then held out his palms, concentrating his healing energies for a moment before a discharge of electricity caused him to stumble backward. Casting a nervous glance toward the cybeast, Rass gulped, struggled to his feet, and resumed his preparations...

-*-

As Suien's PET relayed him the Cybeast's vital statistics, the dark-haired netOp couldn't help curse under his breath. Despite the ice trap working exactly as planned, Riccio was still displaying readings upward of 2700 hit points. Suien frowned visibly as he flipped through the remaining chips in his folder. I still have the bamboolance, he reminded himself, his finger pausing briefly over the metallic-green battlechip before moving on to the rest of his stock, But that still isn't going to be near enough to take that thing down... Just as the raven-haired netOp was about to slot in the powerful grass chip, however, he heard Rass yelling for attention from within the PET.

"Suien! Suien! M-MeleeMan's been injured! Give me a battlechip!" shouted Rass, desperation in his voice, "H-H-Hurry!"

MeleeMan's been hurt? thought Suien as he broadened his PET's scanner options to accommodate the entire battlefield. The netOp's eyes widened in shock as he realized that a single shot from the cybeast had depleted MeleeMan's strength reserves to a critical level, leaving the superpowered fighter vulnerable to any subsequent attacks. Casting a panicked look toward Rania, he gulped and slid the BambooLance back into his chip folder. "Understood, Rass," he said, sliding a minibomb and a discord chip into the tray and adjusting his glasses with his free hand, "Do what you can to restore him to a survivable level. They're counting on you, so stay sharp."

-*-

Rasshole! Rasshole! Deploy the minibomb and launch it at that beast! shouted Argo as the chip data downloaded through the fusion navi's circuitry, Hurry! We have to...

"N-No" replied Rass, hands glowing a bright pink color as restorative energies were collected from the minibomb's core and channeled through the fusionist system, "I... I need to s-stand up f-for my friends."

W-What?! Are you crazy?! Nobody's gonna survive this if we keep wasting our firepower on recovery! One blast from that monster'll undo everything you can do anyways!

Rass didn't respond, instead firing off a burst of pink energy that shot toward MeleeMan. The large navi was engulfed in a brilliant glow, small golden sparklets repairing the grievous burns that covered the fighter's body. Rass' hands flowed through the air as he directed the small sparklets to the most serious abrasions, fusing his own energies with MeleeMan's and reinforcing the giant's self-repair routines. Pah... scowled an irritable Argo, before whirling around to Rass' backside in a streak of green, Do what you need to do, Rasshole, but don't forget we're still fightin' a war here...

-*-

As Suien sat back on the Scilab bench, he took the opportunity to take another sidelong glance at Rania. He couldn't be sure of her thoughts at the moment, but if his own worry and fatigue were any indication, she was probably under quite a bit of stress. Maybe if I can comfort her in some way, she'll think that... wait, no! he thought, shaking his head, Focus, Suien, focus! You're both in the middle of a battle, and there's no place for that sort of thing in the middle of combat! He paused, exhaled, and adjusted his glasses, watching Rania's face through the corner of his eye. But then... a little bit of encouragement here and there could help in boosting her morale, allowing her to fight harder and avoid the inevitable mental breakdown.

Gulping nervously and praying that he wouldn't alienate the girl any more than he already had, Suien placed his hand on Rania's arm, just below the shoulder, and gave her his most confident smile. "Don't worry, we'll take this thing down," he said, hoping he sounded more sure than he felt, "After all, it's just a hedgehog."

-*-

Rass, meanwhile had since left MeleeMan's side and was currently traversing the field to Riccio's right. The fusion navi realized, with some prompting from Tem and Ishamel, that the ragtag group of navis wouldn't survive long against Riccio's inevitable onslaught. Feeling the weight of the discord chip data awaiting materialization in his palms, he skidded to a halt a fair distance away from the other navis and looked down at his palms. "Are you guys s-sure that this is g-going to w-work?" he asked.

Tem swirled into being, a pair of eyes looking back at Rass from his own right hand. Absolutely, Rass. I reconfigured the system resources from my scanner and diverted them to Ishamel's targeting system. If my calculations are correct, and they always are, we should be able to generate a pair of modular turrets on any object.

AFFIRMATIVE, CORE SYSTEM. INITIALIZE THE BATTLECHIP! yelled Ishamel impatiently from the left palm.

Rass shrugged his shoulders and planted both hands onto the ground, releasing a burst of smoke that obscured his vision. As the dusty haze cleared, a gray tuby virus materialized into existence in front of the fusion navi... only this time, something was different. A pair of coils spurted awkwardly from the summoned virus' "head," making the tuby look something out of a bad science-fiction film. The virus buzzed confusedly, then looked at Rass as though awaiting orders.

"Uh..." started the pink and black navi, looking around nervously, "J-Just play, I guess..."

1: Conversion - Minibomb (30 heal to MeleeMan)
2: Discord — Summons 100 HP Tuby, direct to draw Riccio's attention
3: Modular Turrets: Teleporterx2 — Tuby gains 20 HP and undershirt. Also, 2 dodges per turn starting next turn.