A Motive for Training

Martia's sudden eagerness made the other girl draw back slightly, surprised, and a blush raced across her cheeks. She looked down, biting her lip, keenly aware of how swiftly the pink had taken over. Surely it was obvious by now what she'd meant... or maybe... maybe it was just that that was normal, so, perhaps she thought she meant someone else... like an actual other navi, perhaps. Her blush heightened further.

"Oh... oh it's... Well, it's silly really." she shook her head softly. "And it doesn't even make sense, you know?" How to explain... "It should really be Eric, if anyone, but... it's not like that. I do love him, of course I do, but, he's... he's... my father, I guess. It's different." She shrugged, looking just a little bit uncomfortable under her blush, and looked about.

"But I can't explain it. The way his voice makes me feel when I hear it, the way I feel when I think about how it would be for him to compliment me... how scared and frightened I get at the thought of being taken away from him... how much I want to be with him, to be there for him, to do, well, anything, for him. It's grown on me, ever since I first met him." Unconsciously she had drawn herself up again, hands about her knees, and now she hugged them tighter. "I don't even know... I mean... for all I know that's just normal, but, it's probably the strongest feeling I've ever felt about anything." Now she shook her head softly and shrugged. "It doesn't matter though, not really. I'm just a navi after all, and he... well, I know he doesn't care about me." She relaxed again after a moment, and gave herself a small shake, moving away from the subject.

"Anyway, I think I can understand what you said about enjoying practicing your skills, at least. I guess that makes sense... if I was better at fighting, I'd probably be able to enjoy doing it well, maybe... Perhaps if I—"

"Lyntael." The voice of her operator cut her train of thought off immediately and she sat up straighter, visibly perking up to listen. As usual, it wasn't private or direct in any way, and seemed to originate from somewhere indistinct behind and above her slightly. His voice was smooth, deep and calm like it always was, and the young girl seemed to hang on his words visibly while he spoke.
"You're receiving some updated and modified access idents now. Something ought to have changed in your immediate surroundings, by my guess. Follow it and maintain the mask. Should only be a few more minutes at most." Silence returned for only a brief moment, before Lyntael responded.

"Yes, sir." She was already getting to her feet, the action almost unconscious before she realised, pausing slightly to look back to Martia. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cut off like that... I just... He needs me." Ducking her head again, she looked about the area and, as she blinked, was surprised to find a part of the wall didn't seem as completely clear as it should have been. She blinked again and turned her head a few times, but the slight.. fuzz, remained.

It hadn't been like that before, she was sure, and as she walked over to the spot, and stepped up to it, her vision cleared enough to see a small passage through the mostly transparent panelling. If she was seeing it because of whatever Rogan sent her, then chances were Martia wouldn't be able to see or interact with it... but perhaps if she... Reaching out a testing hand, she was not completely surprised to find it pass through easily, and the false panel disappeared completely.

"Martia, it's here, whatever it is... Look..." The passage actually turned out to be more of a well platform, with a very small space beyond holding only a ladder that descended into a hole just one panel wide, and barely enough room to stand about it up top. Once Martia joined her, Lyntael hesitated, her eyes flicking down to the shaft, then back to her friend.

"Ah... Do, do you want to go down first, or should I?" The younger girl swallowed nervously as she contemplated the shaft again.

Once Lyn started talking about her unrequited love, it became so obvious who she was talking about that even Leslie would probably have been able to piece things together if she was listening. Of course, this meant it was crystal clear to Martia, who immediately backed off. She seemed a bit embarrassed herself, oddly enough. "Sorry, wasn't really trying to pry or anything. ...But let's face it, I'm not exactly the Navi to ask about what normal is..." After all, she and Leslie were anything but normal.

After a brief interruption to receive orders from her own operator, the electric Navi got up, and explained the situation...a little bit, anyway. "Not a problem!" The martial artist took the news well enough, and rolled to the side. The roll turned into a cartwheel, and ended with the Navi on her feet. "I'm here to help, after all!" Hmm? Looked like Lyn was looking at something...but what? She took a gander, but...all she saw was wall. Solid wall. It couldn't be more of a wall if it tried. ...Or so it seemed, but her friend managed to expose it for what it really was; some sort of hole. Hmm, well, she did sense that Lyn had received some data just a moment ago...that would explain why she saw it to begin with, but not her.

Anyway, the important thing was that there was now a hole where there shouldn't be. And so, Martia ran over to Lyn, who had already taken a peek inside...well, that was a deep hole. And it had to hold something, or else it wouldn't have been hidden like it was. "Someone had some serious time on their hands, to make a hole that deep...and believe it or not, I actually think you should go first. If there's something down there and we need to beat a quick retreat, you can use your wind jump thing, and we can both catch the updraft back here." Something was making her really nervous about it, though; she wasn't scared, and she didn't sense anything down there, and yet...hmm. Eh, she was probably just imagining things.
Still with her eyes flicking back and forth between the pit, and Martia, Lyntael nodded and took a deep breath... If the darkened room they were in already felt dank and unused, then whatever was below felt stagnant, and downright unpleasant, somehow. She braced herself.

"Alright. It's probably no big thing, really. Right? It just feels creepy." Despite agreeing, another few seconds passed before she made any sort of move. A part of her, and not a small part, was beginning to feel distinctly unwilling to leave behind the quiet peace they had found of a few minutes in favour of pushing onwards again, but she could already feel the tug in her mind, the sensation that the mask covering Rogan's dive would line up better, if she went down there... and that meant she had to go. Another moment or two passed. "Alright, I'm going..." Swallowing again, she set one hand to the rail, then pulled it back, a realisation coming to her. She looked at her hands carefully, then did her best to concentrate, willing the residual charge in her skin away from her hands and feet. It seemed to be a metallic ladder after all, and the last thing she wanted to do was pass more shocks on to her friend in the process of descending it. After another few seconds of careful willpower, Lyntael nodded to herself again, this time the barest hint of movement, then slipped onto the first rungs of the ladder, beginning to climb down. Just before she descended below the level of the ground, she glanced up to Martia. "Stay close, ok? I have no idea what Rogan's digging into here."

With last small nod to herself, she continued her descent, feeling the light dim further as she went down. For a few moments the only real sound was the soft touch of her fingers and toes grasping, then releasing the metal rungs and Lyntael became more aware of the tear in her top. It annoyed her, but then, she supposed that was why there were three catches and not just one. So long as the rest held together it would be fine... even if the untidiness of it continued to irk her. More than anything, she realised she was providing herself a distraction from the heavy sensation in the air as she descended; a distraction that ended as her foot touched solid ground again at the bottom of the shaft.

Turning, she found that the ladder had left her in the entry way of a large room with a high ceiling, at lest... maybe. It seemed large, but the walls seemed to have that same indistinct fuzz and the lighting was poor. A series of consoles and terminals were scattered about in circular clusters throughout the room, but they looked mostly old, disused or decrepit, just as much of the space itself did. More, when her eyes drifted to a semi-circle of console banks up firm against one wall she found herself pausing to squint. It was only a half circle of consoles, against the wall of the room, but, at the same time, she had the impression of another full circle that she could walk around; like the wall both was, and wasn't. She shook her head to clear it, but the disconcerting double impression remained.

"Hey Martia!" She called softly, back over her shoulder as she continued to look about. "I'm not seeing anything here... I don't think... but, come look. What do you make of this?" She bit her lip, not straying too far from the ladder just yet. The indistinct impression of the walls and ceiling kept drawing her eyes, as though the entire room, like the passage above, didn't really want to admit that it existed at all. She couldn't even tell how large it really was, if those walls were not as they seemed either... there could be a half dozen exits, and entries beyond sight, or none... and any number of potentially dangerous possibilities lurking beyond. This was close enough though. Maybe Martia would be with her in a moment, and maybe Rogan would be finished and pull them out before she had to deal with the head-ache inducing space much longer.

(Eeek, ready-as-she's-going-to-be for Battle 5)
"Right." That was it. That was all Martia really had to say to everything Lyn said. At the end of the day, it was a hole they needed to go down, and they didn't know what was down there. Standing around thinking about it wasn't going to help them one bit. And so, after the electrical Navi started heading down (but only after making sure she didn't accidentally electrocute her), she followed suit, and started heading down on the ladder. She didn't really notice the lack of light, since she was more focused on not going too fast and accidentally stepping on Lyn's hand or something. If anything, she was overcompensating a bit, and losing ground. Not helping was that her fighter's instincts were making her try to be as small a target as possible at all times, so she was pressing up against the latter...only for her chest to hit the top of the next rung, and reminding her that, while she was flexible in most parts of her body, there were a few area she just had to compensate for...

Still, she managed to hit the floor before too long, and started looking around. "Huh...doesn't really look like much, for something someone tried so hard to hide. But, whoever put this space here wouldn't just do it for the heck of it...right?" The fighter Navi started to head for the console to check it out, but froze after a couple of steps. She was suddenly sensing something that she hadn't before. "Careful, Lyn! Something doesn't feel right..." But...what? Nothing looked especially out of the ordinary. But it was a feeling she couldn't shake, and that rarely boded well. She raised her left arm in front of her, as if defending herself from the unknown, and started sweeping the area with her eyes for anything even a little bit suspicious. If she was right, then at least she wasn't going to be caught off guard.

(Ready for BATTLE #5(TM))
12 FXP (9 base +3 bonus for female bonding.)
Peering through the gloom and distorted perspectives, an orange holographic display opened up above one of the terminal clusters. The image flickered with the occasional fuzziness of static. It was quite translucent, as if a ghostly apparition. Thankfully it seemed to stand out against the relative darkness. So one didn't need to strain their vision too much in order to read what was displayed.

For as soon as it appeared, text began scrolling across the projection. The format of the text was similar to some sort of journal or log. It described experiments done in the SciLab Network. Experiments done with viral coding. The date of the particular log entry that was running across the screen at that moment was dated only a few years ago:

<Entry #S0144-A:

This may be my last log entry. I am a fool. I had once thought that Subject Seven had only rudimentary intelligence. No matter what tests I ran, I came up with the same conclusion. I should have realized that she was playing possum. Waiting. Gathering intelligence on us. Our strengths... Our weaknesses.

We thought that we were smarter than a virus. Perhaps we were. Perhaps we caused this to happen when we tampered with their codes. I don't know. I just don't know.

There were twelve subjects. Cores taken from the Unoperated, the Abandoned. We wiped their memories, but kept their capabilities intact. Then we blended viral DAT into their core processing. The theory was that we could make a stronger base. Think about it, Navis with the strongest traits of the hardiest viruses.

We see viruses all the time, most of them sharing a particular template. With the amount of time and resources spent on combating viral data infections, you wouldn't think that two viruses would be alike. But there are. There are whole breeds of viruses. Entire species. Some codes, it seems, are too strong to completely purge from the NET.>

The holographic display rippled again and a heavy thump could be heard in the distance. Whether it was an audio glitch coming from the hologram, or something further back in the dark and gloomy room, was hard to tell. The text scrawl continued.

<... And some are too hard to control. Now they are loose. They are coming for me. For all of us. I have initiated lock-down protocols so they cannot escape from this place. But to be honest, I don't think it will really stop them. I will do what I ca->

The display freezes mid-text scrawl and holds there. Another thump is heard, closer. Some dust falls down from the ceiling. Another thump. Something is coming!

And then there is the sound of cracking glass and the distortion of one of the circles of consoles gets even more distorted. Another thump, louder this time, as if on the other side of a wall.

The crackling of glass then stopped. A silent hush falls over the room as if everyone held in their breath.

A grinding sound echoed from above where Lyn and Martia entered. More dust falls as something heavy seals itself over the ladder, cutting off the way back out.

Then the glass shatters. The invisible wall behind the terminals that had been distorting them at the edge of their vision explodes outward into the room where Lyn and Martia stood. Splinters razor across the room and shatter or imbed themselves in machinery. Heavy metallic boxes are uprooted and tossed aside like saplings, smashing against other terminals, spilling their broken circuit-guts all over the floor.

As the dust settles a single figure could be seen. Sparks flew off of a hairy, wolfish, reddish-gold colored humanoid. Four long, spindly metal rods jetted out of its back and fanned out like skeletal wings. Jagged, shard-like segments tethered by crackling energy. The creature opened its mouth. Its howl was thin and partially subsonic, causing a bit of nausea to sweep across the room. A big '6' was emblazoned over the left side of its chest, where the average Navi would have their symbol. It's eyes glowed red and creepily moved independently of each other, casting beams of light out like a laser-pointer in two completely random directions.

The room was dark and dusty and filled with debris. Consoles and terminals stood everywhere as cover, some of them still active and blinking. For the moment, the creature did not seem to realize that it was not alone.

-Boss-
SIX.VI: 500HP [Scanning]

-Terrain-
100% Industrial
[Industrial Terrain counts as Normal Terrain. Debris and various consoles and terminals litter the area in various states of repair, and can be used for cover, interacted with, or used as weapons and tools dependent on RP.]

-Navis-
Martia.EXE: 210HP [Currently Hidden]
Lyntael.EXE: 120HP [Currently Hidden]

~Battle 5: Start!!~
As on guard as they both seemed to be, it was Lyntael who jumped, startled, as one of the seemingly disused consoles lit up and began projecting. Perhaps it had responded to their presence... or maybe just the fact that the room had been accessed. Either way, in the dim light, the bright glow of the scrolling log drew the eye as surely as any beacon. Lyntael's recovered from her startlement to read, but the look of concern on her face remained firmly etched the more her eyes flicked over the text.

"Unoperated... Abandoned..." Her lips mouthed the words unconsciously as she read, though if she made any sound doing so, it was barely above a whisper. Whoever wrote this log had been taking navis, and experimenting on them? Just... kidnapping the ones they thought wouldn't be missed? A strange note of personal horror leached through her as she read more. Whenever she worked for Rogan, not jacked in properly, she appeared unoperated to anyone else. Did this sort of thing really happen? She'd heard about it, but, it was supposed to just be net myths.

She found herself gradually moving towards the console that was projecting the report, steps moving unconsciously as the words scrolled. And they had achieved what...? Turning their victims into monsters? Was this what was— Her thought cut off at the first sense of impact, the jolt in the image making her glance about quickly, then chastise herself in silence for being jittery. Nothing else had changed in the poorly lit space around them; it was probably on the log recording itself. A second sound, and the log interrupted, stuck, or perhaps at its end. This time Lyntael did jump and turned to look at Martia in renewed worry. That one was definitely not from the projection.

"Martia...." Her voice was suddenly thin and trembled, her throat dry. "Did you...?" The sound came again, and again, interrupting her already faltering ability to form words, leaving the girl to look around instead, trying to at least work out where the sound was coming from. The distorted and uncertain edges of the room seemed worse than before, but her eyes drew back most to the wall where her eyes kept telling her the room ended, and didn't at the same time. The effect was almost bad enough to make her shut her eyes from it now and she shrank away, her knees buckling just slightly as she fought the urge to hide herself away behind the nearest band of terminals.

The poor light dimmed further; not by much, really, but the sound from above confirmed that whatever hidden security they had bypassed to get here had almost certainly sealed itself up again completely. Lyntael could still see Martia nearby and looked up to the other woman, unaware of how wide her eyes were by this point. The log screen was no longer the only source of light in the room; the faint glow of static on her skin and in her hair marked how unsettled the young girl was feeling, if her expression failed to convey it.

"Martia, what's going on... I don't think..." Her voice faded to a whisper, which trailed off completely as a stillness blanketed the room, before the final crash shattered the distortion in a burst of destruction. Lyntael shrieked as whatever had been hiding the rest of the space failed, debris and broken shards showering everything, but it was a small sound, completely lost in the crash. The girl herself had moved before any further thought could get through her mind, cowering down against the consoles she had been resisting shrinking behind before with a response time that would have impressed even a speed type. Whatever broken pieces of machinery and shards of the glass-like containment wall might have struck her bounce and slid around the tight shell of static electricity that sprang out from her core to surround her small form, every bit as unconscious and automatic a response as her hiding, and shrieking, had been. It faded from sight even before the dust and debris had settled, and Lyntael's first conscious thought came only as she looked up from where she cowered, head in her hands. She wondered if whatever it was that had broken free was going to hear her heart thundering in her chest.

There was stillness for a moment, and she drew a shaking breath as quietly as she could. Then the creature screamed, an unnerving sound that shook Lyntael all the more as she curled up again, her arms covering her head, and ears, once more. What was it? Oh light, the file had said they'd contained them. Was this one of those... a navi they'd done their tests on? Panic tried to consume her. She couldn't stay here, she had to get away from this, it was beyond her. It sounded angry, and violent, and dangerously strong. She had to get away from it. Without realising, her breathing had gone from unsteady, to a rapid, shallow pant that almost matched the hammering of her heart; she was beginning to feel sick, and dizzy.

One thought managed to fight back through the wash of other panicked, terrified urges; if she didn't calm down, it would only get worse. She had to calm down, had to. Like Martia. She hadn't even managed to look up to check on her friend yet, captivated by her own terror as she was, but it was still a thought to hold onto, and she held onto it as hard as she could. Martia said that emotions were good for her, but not this sort of panic. This was bad; she need to be calm first, then she could feel more. Calm, like Martia always was, no matter what happened. Lyntael kept her eyes shut, but her features smoothed a little as she fought for focus. She had to be a little bit more like Martia; her friend didn't let things startle her, or scare her, and she certainly didn't scream or cower away. She stayed calm and cool, even when terrifying monsters crashed in on them and broke things. Her friend wasn't afraid; her friend would look at everything, then stand and fight if she needed to, because she was always so very brave.

As she tried to focus, eyes closed and head down where she kneeled behind her bank of consoles, the remaining static coursing over her body receded and dimmed, fading away completely, even to the point that her hair dropped flat, falling about her face instead of its normal rough and messy spikes. A small ripple passed through her, making the girl shiver as it spread out from her core, but she didn't seem to notice the effect it had with her eyes still closed. In its wake, the ripple seemed mostly to affect her clothing, from the outward appearance; her tiny vest filling in and extending ins something that much more resembled proper clothing; hard to see in the bad light, it ended up looking like a traditional martial gi, in the same pastel yellow as the garment it grew from, only trimmed at the edges with a light shade of pink. Similarly, as she shift passed down over her body, her skirt was replaced my something farm more sensible, in the form of leggings that matched her new top. Her hair was pulled up off her face again almost before it had time to settle, as the outfit change was complimented by a matching sweatband phasing in about her forehead, even as similar ones cuffed themselves around her wrists and ankles at each of the strike points for her charge.

It was the sensation of there being fabric between her knee and the panel suddenly, instead of bare skin, that made Lyntael open her eyes. She blinked, looking down at herself, confusion completely displacing her fear for the briefest of moments. What in the world... the next thought that crossed her mind was the awareness that, in this situation, she was still managing to have something approaching rational thoughts. She set it aside; whatever puzzlement was going on with her clothes, it would have to wait for later... for now, there was something that seemed altogether too dangerous to be distracted from.

Her breathing had slowed and her heart had calmed a little bit. Not much, but it was something. She peeked up from behind her console to look towards the thing she was hiding from. Whatever it was, its eyes moved almost as if it were searchingthe room, and, having broken free of whatever the field that was containing it had been, it looked almost to be taking sock of the situation. It still looked positively terrifying. She ducked back down, putting one hand to her chest as though that might held slow the rapid thud of her heart. Where was Martia? Still hiding, Lyntael looked about for her friend. There was no sound of fighting yet, so hopefully the other woman was equally well hidden from... whatever it was. If this was really one of the navis that the file had referenced, Lyntael found herself struck with the feeling that she really didn't want to have to fight it. The rest of her, however, was more than aware that that was probably what it was going to come to, and fighting was one thing that she would really rather follow her friend's lead on, if there was no other way.

Maybe there was another way, though. It hadn't attacked them yet, at least, just broken free... even if, somehow, their arrival had been the trigger for that. She took a breath. They would probably have to subdue it anyway, somehow, now matter how much she hoped, the young girl realised that the chances of the creature not wanting to attack them as soon as they were found out, seemed pretty slim, in reality. Maybe she could... Lyntael paused, blinking again. There was nothing... she couldn't even feel it any more. Was there air in this place dead, suddenly, or was it her? As much as she was glad the pulse of her fear wasn't making her crackle and spark any more, the loss of her wind sense made all her senses feel somehow duller, more isolated.

No matter, it was a thought for later. Something else then. What though? If a fight was their only option, then it might be better to capitalise on the surprise they still had, while they still had it. The creatures was still searching. She gathered herself, resettling her pose from one of cowering terror, to something that more resembled a ready crouch, her fists clenching. She could feel raw energy building inside her as she readied herself, but there was something odd about it. It was... smoother, calmer. A glance down at her fists only added to the confusion; she could feel the build-up of energy, definitely, but there was no crackle or spark, no sign of it, outwardly, at all. How peculiar.

Shaking her head, she looked across to Martia again, taking a breath and doing her best to signal as silently, and as surreptitiously as she could, to the other woman that she was ok, and then her intent to follow her friend's lead, whatever that might be. She was, actually ok ,wasn't she? It was strange. She was still terrified, still almost beside herself with fear, but somehow, it was bearable. Very strange.

Summary

1) Unconscious Activation; Signature: 'My Heart Falters' (20hp Barrier, Self)
2) Activating MartiaCross (Level 1 Cross, Normal/Melee, useless chip bonus)
3) Buster Charge, while assessing matters.
4) Buster Charge, while waiting for Martia.

Cooldowns

'My Heart Falters' (1 TCD)
The sound of the hologram turning itself on immediately made Martia turn towards it, though she realized pretty quickly that it wasn't going to hurt them. Let's see...wha...what was this? The fighter Navi quickly found herself being horrified as she read on. Who would be so cold-hearted as to use innocent Navis in such twisted experiments? This was one thing she couldn't forgive. "Wha...what kind of heartless person would do something like this...?"

"You know as well as I do that there're some sick bastards out there. But whoever did that's a real piece of work, even by that standard."

"Yeah...but I think more than anything, I feel sorry for those poor Navis..." Before she could continue, she heard something. Like...a thump? Was it just the projector acting up, or something else? It was hard to tell in a place like this..."I hate to say this, but I think whoever did all this got what they deserved. You know what they say about karma...huh? Why'd it stop?" As if on cue, a second thump was heard. The direction still wasn't obvious, but it had moved...which meant it wasn't the projector. "Something's coming, Lyn!" Obvious, yes, but she had a strange need to say something...

The sounds, the distortions...whatever was causing them, it wasn't a normal cyberbeing. She could sense it. Though that one grinding noise, and the light dimming a bit...their one way out just got blocked, didn't it? Ugh, this was starting to feel like a bad horror flick. But unlike those, this heroine and her friend were more capable of fending off whatever menace was approaching. It'd be nice to know just what it was, though...

As if on cue, it entered with a literal bang. Already on edge, the martial artist leaped back to separate herself from...whatever it was, though she quickly noticed that Lyn had flat out bolted. That...wasn't a bad idea, but the area was small enough that it was only a matter of time before the creature figured out they were there anyway. But, what was it? It was too feral to be a Navi, and she'd never seen a virus look that Navi-ish...unless...she became a bit pale as she realized just what it was she was staring at..."Great Amaterasu above...no way..." But there was little doubt. It was one of them. But she had little time to gather herself, as the beast's howls wreaked havoc on her balance, and brought her to her knees despite her efforts otherwise. She was still a fair distance from it, but if she was spotted, there wasn't much she could do. She was too woozy after that to make any real movement at the moment. Ugh, what a time to falter...and it wasn't just her butt on the line, too, but Lyn's as well. No, her body HAD to cooperate. She tried to stand up, but her legs immediately wobbled, and she fell over. No...she couldn't fail Lyn...it was one thing if she got the tar beaten out of her, but, she couldn't let her friend down. They'd been through too much already, she couldn't let anything happen to her, especially in a place like this...!

For perhaps the first time, Martia was letting her more extreme emotions take ahold of her. With soft but completely indecipherable grunts and growling, she tried several more times to get up, only to fall victim to the might of Net gravity. Ugh. Agh. Hurgh. ...Well, this next time she'd win! Alas, she fell again almost immediately. But she wasn't giving in...as long as she wasn't by herself, as long as she had friends at her side...she. Was. Not. Giving. UP.

While the resolve didn't seem particularly new, the source of it was a bit surprising to the observer in the real world. "Whoa. Calm down, Martia! You're looking more like me than you! Relax and focus!" Wait, why was the PET automatically scrolling through menus? And even as she tried to cancel it, it kept going. What was happening...?

The operator's words fell on deaf ears, as Martia tried again to stand with little more than the power of her emotions...but the howl had done its duty, and once more she found herself on the floor. This time, she ended up next to a tiny, almost handheld machine, with exposed live wires. In her state, she failed to notice it, and...zap!

But strangely, she felt absolutely no pain from it. It simply began to course through her body, causing her to glow a soft yellow...her headgear shifted into more of a headband, with ear coverings that made it look like headphones. Her thinner armor vanished and transformed into a mini-skirt, and what was left of her top was shortened and colored into pastel yellow. Actually, everything she was wearing was now pastel yellow...even her gloves and boots...hold on a sec. She could see her hands and feet from that angle? Even in the heat of the moment, she had to check...nope, they were still there. Just bound up with wrappings. It was kind of nice, though, to look down while standing up, and see the ground without getting in her own way. Well, as much. Even with the wrappings, she wasn't exactly flat chested.

...Wait, she WAS standing up. However messed up her balance was earlier, it was fixed now. But, why was she suddenly dressed like this? It wasn't exactly conducive to her fighting...she couldn't even kick without flashing the target. But, it was also really similar to Lyn's outfit...wait, she'd heard of something like this. When two Navis became good friends, they became able to acquire some of each others' powers. Was this that? They hadn't even known each other that long...but they'd still been through a lot. It made sense.

A look over towards where Lyn had run off showed that, intentional or not, she had undergone a similar process. She returned her friend's sign, to show that she was just fine, as well. And then...she walked right into the middle of the scene. She took a deep breath, and created a barrier of electricity to surround herself. She wasn't quite sure how she knew that would happen...just a vague sense beforehand that she could. She looked straight at the monster, but instead of the determined stare one would expect from the martial artist, it was more of a sad gaze. If this really was one of those Navi/virus fusions, it was something she really had no desire to fight. What she was about to do might be stupid, but if there was even a small chance she could get through to it...she felt she had to take it. "Can you hear me? Listen! I'm not your enemy! I don't want to hurt you! But, if you keep rampaging, you could hurt someone...so please, calm down!" With all that said, something told her that it probably wouldn't listen...so she prepared her body for some evasive maneuvers if it tried something. But, she really hoped that it had enough of a soul left to listen...

[Order of Turn:
1-Activate LyntaelCross (Become Elec/Wind, +10 to Elec chips)
2-Heavenly Heart cross sig on Martia (40 HP Elec element barrier, 20 Elec + Nova 2 when barrier is destroyed) (2 TCD)
3-Dodge/try to reason with Six
4-Dodge/try to reason with Six]
Lyntael popped out her barrier and spent some time charging herself up while hiding behind a terminal.

While Martia revealed her position to SIX, walking right out into the open and activating a barrier. The creature's eyes snapped to the Navi, painting her in a red glow with its laser-pointer eye-beams. Martia felt warm, similar to how she probably felt after being electrocuted by Lyn. But her new form somehow seemed not to be bothered by the small amount of electrostatic energy that clung to her. The viral ex-Navi growled from deep inside itself, its sharp fangs glistening in the orange holo-light as it opened its jaws.

But it didn't immediately leap at her. Shading her eyes a bit to cut through the red light, Martia's eyes met SIX's. It was clearly enraged, but there was something else. Pain perhaps?

The eyes opened wider as SIX was startled by the eye-lock with Martia and barked. The constant growling reverberated up out of its jowls and made the roar worse. More beastly, more guttural. Far more dangerous. Its 'wings' rotated around like a weather vane and pointed the jagged pieces towards the Navi. However, it didn't do anything else.

-Boss-
SIX.VI: 500HP [Target Lock: Martia]

-Terrain-
100% Industrial
[Industrial Terrain counts as Normal Terrain. Debris and various consoles and terminals litter the area in various states of repair, and can be used for cover, interacted with, or used as weapons and tools dependent on RP.]

-Navis-
Martia.EXE: 210HP [LyntaelCross] [40HP Barrier]
Lyntael.EXE: 120HP [Still Hidden] [20HP Barrier] [MartiaCross] [Buster Charge: 2]
When her friend stepped out from cover towards whatever it was, Lyntael almost gasped, stopping herself short with one hand partially reaching towards the other woman as though to stop her. After a moment she shrank back again, gritting her teeth. Even if she herself was managing to keep a modicum of control for once, that woman had more guts and courage than she ever would. She hadn't dared look herself, yet, but hearing Martia calling out made her all the more certain of what they were probably facing.

Bracing herself she edged up enough to peek out from behind her cover, getting her first real look at the creature. Immediately, she wished she hadn't and ducked back, squeezing her eyes shut. It looked like a monster, sounded like an angry monster, and for all it seemed to hesitate, it didn't look like there was much left to communicate with at all. It certainly didn't look like the shrewd and clever intelligence the log file had spoken of; perhaps this was a different one?

She edged around the console bank, creeping part way around the circle until she could get another, better look at it. The second look made her flinch; and it was bristling to attack her friend. She wanted to shout out, but as long as it hadn't seen her yet, maybe there was something more useful she could do. Wild-eyed sights aside, it seemed to be focusing completely on Martia now; she had to make the most of these moments. In her heart, which still seemed determined to beat its way out of her chest, she wanted to hope that Martia's entreaty would help, but what she saw when she looked at the poor thing made her doubt; if there was something besides rage and pain, then it was little more than an echo of a memory.

Swallowing her nerves, she edged up from her crouch enough to glance at the screens nearest her. The one that had shown the log file seemed to have had the glass shattered by flying debris, but the one next to it seemed ok. She paused again, fingers over the keys. Whatever had been holding it back had been some sort of containment field, that much was sure. Probably with as much intention to confuse and disorient it, as physically contain, guessing by how badly the edges of it had been affecting them. Maybe there was something else she could do, to maybe help subdue the former navi without having to destroy it completely. She bit her lip. It felt bad thinking of the creature as 'it', knowing what they now did, but without knowing more about who it had been before...

More worrisome was the thought of starting up this terminal and searching for something they could use, without attracting its attention. She could only hope it would be quiet, and that her friend would continue to hold the one-time test subject's attention... Even so, she remained crouched low as she put her fingers to the keys and brought the terminal to life. Still hidden from sight and peeking up just enough to see what she was doing, Lyntael found herself glad that she was, however unexpectedly, no longer bright and sparking. Now, to see if anything useful was working still...

Vaguely, the thought entered her mind that, even if it didn't see her, who knew what other senses they were dealing with... and even if it didn't detect her, it might even lash out in her direction just for the activity of the terminal alone... that was if it didn't decide to tear into Martia first. Lyntael swallowed, trying to focus on what she was doing and not think about that possibility too much. Despite herself, the pose of her crouch took on something of a more ready spring, prepared to get away quickly if any violence should get directed her way.

Summary

1) Prepared Dodge
2) Activate nearest functional terminal.
3) Search for still functioning systems or programs that might be of immediate use.
4) Search for information regarding the specific subject they're facing.

Cooldowns

My Heart Falters: (Cooling Down)

Unsurprisingly, Martia had succeeding in gaining the monster's attention, and found herself on the receiving end of its eye beams. Oddly, it felt more electrical in nature, instead of the infrared she would've expected. And...it wasn't trying to attack her. Was it listening? The glare from the beams was keeping her from getting its reaction, so she shaded her own eyes and looked over. Its eyes looked mostly angry, but there was something else...it almost seemed like it was in pain. But, from what? "What's wrong? I can see something's troubling you...is there anything I can do to help? Please, tell me!"

Speaking of help, Lyn was nowhere to be seen. She really couldn't blame her for lying low, against something like this...no, that wasn't it. No matter what, she at least tried, even when she was petrified with fear. Whatever she was doing right now, it was to help her out. Maybe she was making sure she didn't startle the thing by showing that there were two of them. Maybe she was trying to access some information on it from something that wasn't completely totaled. Or maybe she was just preparing for the possibility that it was something that couldn't be reasoned with, and if it attacked, she'd pull a surprise counterattack. It didn't really matter what, though, just that she could rest easy knowing that her back was covered.

On that subject, she still had a front, and there was still the chance that her efforts were futile. So, she braced herself again, so that she could avoid any onslaught that might happen. But since that hadn't already happened, Martia remained hopeful that things could be settled without violence...

[Order of Turn:
1-Dodge/try to reason with Six
2-Dodge/try to reason with Six
Martia continued to try to get through to the tortured creature. The growling slowly faded away as Martia continued to talk to SIX and not show it any aggressive posturing. Even more slowly a word came out of the fanged mouth, "H... He... Help?"

Lyntael attempted to access the information on the terminal next to the frozen glowing orange hologram. She was right to assume that this cluster of terminals had information she could use. A green hologram screen popped up above the terminal as she ran her fingers over the keyboard.

<Subject Search: "navi," "wolf with wings," "number 6"... Subject SIX Found. Processing...>

Upon the screen popped up a detailed image and internal schematic of the Navi that Martia was trying to calm down. Apparently the Navi's core had been blended with fire and elec viral data, specifically the Spikey and the MagTect line of viruses. Speed was the apparent goal of the project. Apparently that was also its flaw.

Since it moved at such a high-speed, it had incredible trouble with aiming projectile weaponry. To cope with this problem, Subject SIX was given the Lock-On ability of the Cannon and Satellite viral lines. The MagTect's magnetic pull ability also helped with slowing down mobile targets to let SIX's superior speed and maneuverability outpace its victim.

Subject SIX was designed as a skirmisher. Quick hit-and-run tactics. It had almost no defensive capabilities beyond its speed.

-Boss-
SIX.VI: 500HP [Target Lock: Martia]

-Terrain-
100% Industrial

-Navis-
Lyntael.EXE: 120HP [Still Hidden] [20HP Barrier] [MartiaCross] [Buster Charge: 2]
As her eyes darted over the information readouts, Lyntael found herself mostly relieved that her searching hadn't drawn any of the poor thing's attention to herself. It was twitchy enough, even focused on Martia as it was. Less heartening was the information about its intended battle capabilities and difficulties. It shouldn't have surprised her that there was nothing in place to help contain or subdue the project, since she supposed that's what the field holding it back had been for. Oh well.

As she raised her eyes above the edge of her hiding spot for a few moments, the once-navi seemed to be wavering as Martia tried to talk it down. That sight was still trained on her though, and its other weapons still bristling. It was tense enough to make her hold her breath. Martia had to know how it would behave if it did lash out. She could do that much at least, somehow. Only, how could she tell her, without exposing herself... at this point, another person showing up might just make it lash out. She sank down behind the console again, curled up with her back to the base of it. She could relay it through Rogan and Leslie... that would work. She couldn't just call out to Martia here, but she could talk to Rogan, and then Leslie could tell Martia quietly too. Yes. Blinking a few times as she sorted herself out, Lyntael modulated her channel to Rogan and spoke quietly. With any luck it wouldn't sound like she was whispering to him, hopefully.

"Rogan, Sir, this is important!" As usual, she felt the strong urge to close her eyes as she spoke to him. A part of her wondered why that happened. He had better be listening this time.
"Just deal with it, Lyntael; we're almost done here." His response was fast, but not at all what she wanted to hear. Would he never pay attention to her?
"I expect you should—"
"Oh, would you just listen for a moment!" Lyntael started, more than a little stunned that the sharp hiss cutting her operator off had, in fact, been herself. She'd never spoken to him like that before. Even so, she pressed on quickly in the silence that followed, explaining quickly what she'd learned and asking him to pass it along. Rogan was probably as shocked as she was, but so long as Martia got the information, that was what mattered for now. She could apologise later. When she was done, rather than relay it Rogan began to question her.

"That hardly seems valid if the pair of you are spending all of your effort trying to sooth the savage beast, Lyntael. That you're putting such importance on the information tells me that you, too, recognise that it's a rather meaningless effort." She grit her teeth. Even when he was mocking her, it seemed as though the smooth, warm tone of his voice made her feel calmer. It wasn't fair.

"It's not a monster, sir. There's something there!"
"And what of it? What do you intend to do about that?" She could hear an edge of hardness creeping into his voice now, and she winced. It was the way he spoke when he already knew what she was going to say, and was prepared to explain to her why it was wrong. She tried anyway.
"Martia's trying to get through to whatever is left of the poor navi it used to be. If we can clam it down..."
"Yes? Then what? It's still a wild beast, prone to violence as a response. It still looks like a monster. What do you think you'll do, once you've calmed it?"
"I... We'll—"
"You can't just let it go, wander off into the net. Anyone who sees it will either flee in fear, or attack it, and from what I've just read, both actions will trigger it attacking, most likely. Then it will be hunted down and purged anyway, and you, Lyntael, will be the one responsible for unleashing a violent creature to cause havoc and destruction in unprepared net environments, and who knows what damage to other programs and systems."
"You say that like you even care!" Lyntael felt her fists clenched tight and she pressed them to the ground to stop herself from thumping something. The gall of him, saying something like that.
"About needless collateral damage? Of course I care. You think I want to be the cause of pointless harm? If your presence is what has released it, then it becomes your responsibility to deal with it. You cannot let it go, you cannot quarantine it again. Subduing and neutralising it is now your only practical choice."
"But it was... We can't just... It's not—!" She shook her head, different objections each fighting to be said first. Rogan cut her off sharply before she could speak more clearly.
"This is not some moral or ethical dilemma, Lyntael. The facts are present, the need clear."
"I... I don't..." Frustration made her press her hands to her face for a moment, eyes squeezed shut more tightly. "We'll think of something!"

As the line went quiet, Lyntael realised with a frightening lurch that her deliberately quiet whisper had grown to a fiercer hiss of words at the last, louder than she had intended. Not a lot louder but likely loud enough, or so she worried. She scrambled back to her toes, still crouching, with the intent to dash away if her indelicacy had, in fact, gotten her caught.

Summary

1) Get Rogan to pass information about SIX to Martia via Leslie.
2) Receive stern talking to from Rogan.
3) Get into unintentional ethical debate about their options with Rogan.
4) Prepared Dodge.

Cooldowns

All Ready
Huh? Did it just...speak? It did, didn't it? It said 'help'. That proved that it was at least a little sentient, and not just a mindless beast like it appeared. And any doubt lingering in her mind vanished with it; she was going to help it, no matter what. Destroying it was only a worst case last resort. But...how? She didn't know much about it aside from its looks and electrotargeting. Well, who better to ask than the source itself? "Help? Help how? I'll do what I can, but I need you tell me how I can help!"

Speaking of help, Martia could sense an incoming transmission. The signal matched her own, so it was Leslie...good thing she'd already set it up so that only she could hear it, and the video feed was completely shut off. "Listen, Martia, Lyn just got some info on the...whatever the hell that thing is. I know you're not going to attack it unless you have to, but it couldn't hurt to know. It's quick and powerful, but it's pretty inaccurate, according to her. If it tries to attack you, keep moving, since apparently that'll mess up its targeting. And, just know that no matter what you do, I'm with you on it. If you think it's best to try and befriend it or something, go for it. But, if there's no other option in the end...you are going to have to delete it...but you know that already. Just be careful, I guess, since you're the only Martia I've got!"

With that, the crossed Navi was essentially back to being by herself with a giant monster Navi-virus hybrid. Well, not really by herself, but as long as it remained somewhat docile, Lyn was probably going to just lie low. And yet again, she'd keep an eye out for any attacks, should its reasonable side completely snap or something. Leslie said that if she kept moving, she'd fare better at avoiding attacks, so if she had to do so, she'd do that. But, the idea of fighting it, even if it did look like a monster...the very thought made her heart hurt a bit.

[Order of Turn:
1-Dodge/try to reason with Six
2-Dodge/try to reason with Six
"Help?... Help?..." The creature's eyes wondered a bit as its muzzle bantered the word back and forth for a few moments. Then it's eyes widened again and snapped back on Martia as it figured something out. "Help!... I-I-I..." It stuttered as it tried to find the right words. "I-No... We need help. We broken. We unstable."

It was then that SIX's ears twitched, picking up something. In a flash he was gone. The creature had bolted directly past Martia and smashed headlong into a terminal on the other side of the room. A shell of energy coned in front of it and acted as a battering ram, similar to the effects of a DashAttack battlechip. Lyntael barely noticed the thing charging at her before she was flung away by the impact of her terminal exploding. Unfortunately her reaction time was not good enough to dodge the attack and she was hit full on by the force of the strike. Her barrier barely contained only a fraction of the damage that spilled over onto her body, critically damaging her systems.

SIX quickly leapt up and attached itself to the nearby wall by its claws, then began sweeping the room. "No! I will not be contained again!" Martia and Lyntael were able to dodge the scanning beams by ducking behind other consoles. "I will be free!" It roared as its skeletal wings began sweeping along with his scanning beams, electricity crackling along the tips.

-Boss-
SIX.VI: 500HP [Target Lock: Broken!] [Scanning]

-Terrain-
100% Industrial

-Navis-
Lyntael.EXE: 40HP [Barrier Broken!] [MartiaCross] [Buster Charge: 2]
The moment seemed to slow for Lyntael as her ears caught the sound of movement. There was the fading shock of awareness that she might have been too loud, and then moving, turning, trying to throw herself away from where she had been, all the while the certainty that she was too slow, and too late. Time speed again with a lurch as the creature struck her hiding place in the same moment, far faster than she could hope to counter.

The exploding, sparking crash of the terminal bank drowned out her shriek to anyone close by, and as much as she felt her barrier flare up as it contacted, the field may well have been mist for all it helped. As the shards of glass and shrapnel raked across her, the creature itself struck her full in the chest, driving her slight body back with enough force to slam her against the nearby wall. Lyntael felt, more than heard, the sickening series of cracks that came with the impact, eyes wide and mouth open in a scream that suddenly had no air to make itself heard, crushed down to a rough gasp.

As quickly as it had rushed her, the creature backed away, and Lyntael vaguely felt herself drop to the ground, toes touching first, then knees as her legs crumpled. There was a sensation of cool metal on one cheek... had she fallen? The only thing in her awareness was the maelstrom of pain that set all her other senses alight and washed away any other attempt at thinking for the moment.

Her body tried to breath in and she coughed, feeling herself spasm as it sent new lances of pain arcing through her chest. The taste of blood in her mouth was only a dim awareness beside the agony of her injury, and the background thought behind it, that she was drooling said blood onto the ground and making mess, was detached enough from reality to be worrying. Unconsciously, she rolled onto her back, but rather than make her breathing easier, it seemed to make the crush on her chest feel worse. Coughing again, the pain made her curl up, arms hugging herself as she rolled further, struggling to make it at least to her hands and knees, where her breathing grew easier again.

Her eyes were blurry, but at least this wasn't blood... just tears that she had no hope of stopping for now. Through the distorted blur, she could make out her fingers spread out but clenched against the panelling, and a thin drizzle of red tailing down as well. She tried to close her mouth, but another cough made the slight trail into a momentary spray. It showed up brightly for a few moments against something pale and yellow, fabric that was torn and crumpled in disarray. It was already dissolving into lose data, though, and it slipped from her thoughts as soon as it was gone. Fighting back the agony assailing her, Lyntael managed to raise her head and look around, though her sight was still bleary. It was unfortunate that the action alone strained the limit of her willpower. By chance, and whatever small amount of good fortune remained to her, she had ended up with another of the derelict console banks between her and the former-navi's new location, and she winced as it roared its defiance at the room in general. Martia had been getting somewhere, it seemed... and then she'd had to go and make noise and cause this. She knew she either had to move, and quickly, or else stay silent and still.... the pained, trembling whimper she was making, and the sobs she couldn't stop, removed one option, while the pain wracking her body, and her chest more than anything else, more or less negated the other. It was still talking, though... maybe... maybe it wouldn't attack again if Martia kept going. Perhaps it was her own fault for surprising it...

As she tried to push the pain off enough to function, she could feel her body already reacting to the trauma, a swell of energy rising beneath her skin. She wished it wouldn't, almost, but at the same time, the sensation did begin to cause something of a buffer between her and the torment of her hurts. At least it gave no visible sign when she was like this.

Achingly slow, Lyntael began to push herself to her feet, leaning heavily on the console as she did. The movement sent further shots searing through her torso and she wrapped one arm across her chest protectively as she stood. It would see her, of course, but at least it would also see that she was very far from threatening; her chances of avoiding it if it attacked her again were pretty much nil to begin with, so being seen wouldn't hurt that. As she looked up to it, tears still streaking her face and blood marring one side of her mouth and chin, she prepared herself to be caught in its scan and looked for a pair of eyes to make contact with. If she couldn't speak clearly above a painful whimper, she already knew its hearing was apparently exceptional, so, hopefully that wouldn't matter.

"Please..." Light, it hurt to speak. Her voice was indeed barely louder than a half-sobbed gasp. "Please stop..." It was then, of all times, that Lyntael noticed what it was her hand was feeling. Wrapped across her chest to brace against the pain of broken and cracked ribs, she realised her fingertips were pressing on soft skin, not clothes.

Small shards of missed sensation filtered back to her from the moments before, unnoticed at the time amidst the explosion of pain. The sense of glass and shrapnel cutting past her, tearing gashes in her clothing and leaving thin red lines in the places where they had sliced all the way through. The feeling of her barrier dissolving, the shock arcing back to her, then immediately reforming again on instinct, after she had been hit, too little too late... The sound of tearing and pulling as her back had slammed to the wall, rending her already cut up garments as they snagged on rough edges while she fell. She realised that she stood now with her top fallen away completely, shredded to the point of falling free, where it has simply dissolved. Her upper body was marked in many places with small cuts, red marks not deep enough to bleed freely and only tiny pin-pricks compared to everything else, but numerous. Her leggings were badly damaged too, the flying shards having sliced numerous cuts in the fabric. One leg, below the knee had come away and was gone, but aside from the cleanly sliced gaps, the rest, at least, seemed to be staying in place. For once, modesty never even managed to enter Lyntael's thoughts; the hurt that wracked her body was far more pressing, and if the hand across her chest, by chance, covered her modesty a little, it was there primarily for her ribs.

Summary

1) Instinctive: 'My Heart Falters', reforming barrier (20hp) just after being hit.
2) Cry, whimper and cough up blood.
3) Instinctive: 'My Pain is Real', (Counter: on melee hit, 20Elec, Nova2). Rp cosmetic: Acts a pain dampener too, somewhat.
4) Beg, plead, cry and sniffle

Cooldowns

My Heart Falters -1TCD
My Pain is Real -1TCD
Yes, help. C'mon, give her something she could work with...wait, WE need help? Either more than one Navi was used to make this thing, or the viruses were as sick of it as the Navi. Broken, unstable...hmm. If something was unstable, it was likely to fall apart. And if it was worried about that, then chances were it wouldn't just split back into its components. Which meant that it could well degrade until nothing was left...also known as gradual self-deletion. And that was a fate she wished on no one.

Before Martia could respond, however, SIX powerfully tackled...clear past her. Wait, that was where-BOOM! ...Lyn was. She ran over to her, and while she managed to stand, she was clearly in no shape to be anywhere near something that could harm her. It was actually kind of amazing that someone would program her to be that similar to a human...she herself would've felt it, to be sure, but she wouldn't have broken anything. "Leslie, she needs help, now!"

"Right!" Sometimes operator and Navi had differing opinions on what to do in battle...but this wasn't one of them. "BattleChip, Recover80! Slot in!"

The temporarily electrical Navi raised her palm in front of her, and shot a pink orb from it. It entered her friend's body, and unless she rejected it for some reason, should undo all the damage from that attack. ...That attack. She placed herself between Lyn and the monster, and gave the latter a troubled look. She couldn't just let it do whatever it wanted to someone that meant so much to her, even if they hadn't known each other for very long...but she heard what it had said beforehand. There was someone, or someones, in there somewhere, and they wanted nothing to do with it. She couldn't just abandon it after that. "Listen! You have to fight that blind destructive urge! If you keep attacking me and my friend, we might have no choice...but to delete you! But, I don't want to do that...really, I don't think either of really wants to do it." If Lyn truly just wanted the beast destroyed, she would've started it while she still had the element of surprise. She wanted it helped if possible. She knew it...no, she could FEEL it. "I promise to do whatever I can to help undo your state...but you have to help yourself, too. Take back control of yourself! You can do it!"...At least, she hoped it could do it. It probably wouldn't be easy, to say the least...but she had to have faith. If she didn't have any of that, then why would she bother doing this in the first place?

Though, she had more than the monster to worry about at the moment, and to that end, she glanced back to Lyn, who should be feeling a bit better, at least physically. "Feeling okay, Lyn?"

[Order of Turn:
1-Get over to Lyn (Movement)
2-Recover80 chip on Lyn (80, S, Recovery)
All of the damage was repaired in an instant as Lyn received healing from Martia. SIX watched the exchange. Its breath was heavy with anger but it was slowly calming down. The glowing beams of its eyes locked onto the two Navis. Its eyes showed clearly its confusion. The electricity continued to crackle on its wing tips. "S-Stop? You... Don't want to hurt me? You don't want to con-contain me?" Its wings folded a little as the electricity faded for a moment, "How can you be so weak? You were so strong before."

It looked like they were out of the woods for a moment before its wings snapped back up and trained themselves on the two Navis. "No! It's trick! No one will help us. She said you're all liars. Not to be trusted. Only pretending to be weak."

-Boss-
SIX.VI: 500HP [Target Lock Split: Lyntael/Martia]

-Terrain-
100% Industrial

-Navis-
Lyntael.EXE: 120HP [MartiaCross] [Buster Charge: 2] [20HP Barrier] [Counter: 'My Pain is Real']
Perhaps her perception was slowed from trauma, or maybe her friend's reaction time was just that quick when it mattered, but it seemed to Lyntael as though barely a blink had passed before Martia was there between her and the creature, standing firm. Of course she was; fearless without even realising. Her eyes drifted shut for a moment, though a small part of her minds shouted to keep them open and stay focused. She was supposed to be learning, and improving... but all she was really learning was how much of a burden she really was, and now Martia was stuck, worrying for her as well as taking care of herself.

What she felt next made the young woman gasp softly and grip the edge of the console she was leaning on harder. The wash of energy that passed through her sent small twitches through her muscles as it set to work, the distinctly uncomfortable sensation of compressed ribs straightening and fractures repairing themselves making her wince. Even so, a wince of discomfort was a vast improvement from the agony of moments before, and if the healing process left her panting softly, at least the majority of the pain seemed to have faded by the time it was done.

She was standing on her own feet, though her stance was a bit wide, and most of the superficial cuts and scratches on her body seemed to have remained; the healing had gone where it was most needed, first, for which she was thankful. There was still the taste of blood in her mouth, but it was just that; a lingering taste and nothing more. As she shook her head and looked up, she found her eyes meeting Martia's as the other woman spared a look back at her. She managed a weak grin and ducked her head in something of a nod. Her friend had been talking, still trying to calm the creature even as she had been covering her, though Lyntael herself hadn't caught most of what she had said.

"Thankyou... hahh... I'm, I think I'm ok." Her voice was still a little rough around the edges, and quiet besides, between breaths that were still closer to pants, but she stood straight and stepped forward, albeit slowly. As much as anything else, she found a quiet anger at herself for continuing to be such a burden on her friend, and it was enough to take over from the all-consuming pain of before in the task of keeping her fear at bay.

She stood a little apart from Martia, alongside her, nodding reassurance to her friend along with an attempt at a grin before turning her attention back to the creature before them. She had to be ready to move again, if needed; the last thing she wanted was to become another liability for Martia to worry over, again, but... However much its attack had hurt her, she had to remember that that was only part of what they were looking at. Another part was confused and uncertain, another part frightened of being restrained again... and something more as well.

Her brain worked over its words quickly, what of them she'd heard clearly. It was almost like the speaker was in communication with another mind; either there was more than one set of consciousness in there, or else... maybe this 'she', whoever she was, shared some kind of mental link, perhaps? The file had mentioned another, both female, and wickedly clever, as being the source of their undoing, perhaps that was the 'she' it was talking about, the seven to this one's six? One way or the other, it seemed they'd have to get through to both minds, but first the one right in front of them. It was talking about 'before'...

"My name is Lyntael, and I have never been strong..." she let her hands spread slightly at her sides, palms outward. "I've not even been alive very long, and I know we've never met..." She paused, swallowing for a moment and wet her lips again. She wanted to pretend it was deliberate caution, rather than fear, that made her voice soft and hesitant, but the more honest part of her knew better.
"I don't know who you are, but... I'd like to. Maybe you could tell us? How many are you?"

Now that her other senses were no longer reeling, Lyntael was growing increasingly more aware of the lack of any sort of covering at all, saving the headband, on the upper half of her body. Moreso now that her hands were open and to her sides. Even so, she found herself more or less ok with Martia seeing her like this, and besides that, it was very hard to muster any sort of real self-consciousness after the events of the past couple of minutes. It was also only now that she truly began to notice the different look of Martia herself... It was quite a change, and every bit as strange and unexpected as her own altered clothing... or, well, what was left of it. Maybe Martia knew what was going on, but there was really no time to even be thinking about that now.

Another thing she really didn't have time to think about, Rogan's voice in her ear. It was private thankfully, and something in the tone of it made her pause before answering right away. Private line or not, she daren't respond directly, as delicate as things were. Instead she opened an email and self-addressed it in the PET, sending her answer to him that way. Hopefully he'd understand, she'd done it before when silence was needed. When his answer came, she blinked, surprised at what he said, or rather, at what he didn't. She'd been expecting another reprimand. Just that same soft tone of voice, and she began to nod her ascent to him before catching herself. The situation at hand needed all of her focus, and she couldn't let herself be distracted by anything else.

Summary

1) Prepared Dodge
2) Reasoning: "We're not who you think,"
3) Reasoning: "This is who I am,"
4) Reasoning: "Will you tell me who you are?"

Cooldowns

'My Heart Falters' — Cooling Down
'My Pain is Real' — Cooling Down
It was actually a huge relief to Martia that Lyn was basically recovered from the earlier blow, and actually helping her reason with the monster...if that hadn't worked, it probably wouldn't have taken much more for her to end diplomacy. But it had, and so she could continue. She'd heard what everyone said, and now she had something to say. "...I read about what happened to you. So when I see you, I see someone...no, someONES that need help. There has to be a way to restore all of you to your original states, so that you can all live the lives you truly want. And that goes for non-Navi components, too...doing such a thing to viruses is just as terrible! The whole thing...is just terrible..."

She kinda wanted to say something about the weak comment, and how just smashing up opponents wasn't real strength...but something was gnawing her about what else it said. "Who's 'she'? And, I can understand why you're wary of us...honestly, most Navis probably would've attacked you by now, especially after you attacked us. But, she and I aren't most Navis." Hoo boy, wasn't that the truth. "We both know you're not just some mindless beast we can smack apart like a pinata until treasure falls out. You're a living cyberbeing...well, several cyberbeings brought together into one. That's why we're not attacking. We understand that you need, and want, help, so we want to do what we can to, well, help you. So, I'll take the first trust step, as it were." With that, she kicked a couple pieces of broken equipment to the side, and sat down cross legged. It'd kill any chance she had of avoid attacks...but that was the point. "You haven't attacked me so far, and by doing this, I'll trust that you'll continue to do that. Just, don't attack my friend again, okay? If I'm not going to hurt you, she definitely won't." She glanced back at Lyn, and while didn't make any motions, he eyes were screaming 'Back me up on this, okay?'. "She'll sit down too, if that's what it takes. Right, Lyn?"

[Order of Turn:
1-Take a seat/Try to reason with Six
2-Try to reason with Six
3-Try to reason with Six
4-Try to reason with Six]