A Motive for Training

Martia couldn't help but be mildly surprised as the data split up, with half going to her, if only because this time it wasn't a trap of any sort. Instead, it willing imparted chip data to her, though since it was of a virus she'd never fought before, she couldn't really hazard a guess as to what it did. Still, a name popped into her head: BoyBomb1. Hopefully that didn't mean that only a boy could use it, since she, well, very obviously wasn't. "It's open, Martia! I can't really tell what it does, other than the fact it's a bomb of some sort. It's called BoyBomb, whatever that means..." And...transferred.

The chip data appeared on Leslie's PET's screen, though the operator's eyes sort of glazed over as the description was a bit...lengthy, compared to what she'd seen before. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna just read this la-holy hell!" That number...that was a very, very big number for a chip. Actually, aside from money, it was a pretty big number in general. "220 damage? I didn't even know chips could get that strong. Okay, I guess I'll read it while you two move on, since that's a whole lot of damage..."

"No kidding...but there's gotta be some sort of drawback. Nothing's that strong without having a price, you know?" Not that it'd make the chip unusable or anything, it just wasn't an instant win button, most likely. "So, what'd you get, Lyn?" The fighter Navi looked over at her busting partner...and found herself surprised once again as she appeared to be near 100%. But how? Just a minute ago she was struggling to stand. "...You're something else, you know that? One minute, I wouldn't be surprised if you hacked up a lung, and you're as chipper as ever the next!" It'd almost sound like criticism, if Martia wasn't smiling the entire time with her hands on her hips.
As the data unravelled into something more intelligible, Lyntael smiled softly, the small pleasure of a puzzle solved. The chip data filtered away back to the PET, and it slipped her mind almost as quickly. As the last vestiges of twinges from her charge seeped away, she shrugged and shook her head toward Martia. It was a surprise to hear the other woman say she looked well. Even if her muscles weren't actually tired, after all, and she wasn't in pain any more, she could still feel the memory of it all over her; the distant sensation of having recently been through a wringer, even if she wasn't there now.

"I don't really understand it fully myself, yet. I could dance all day and be well, really. I'm only small, and I don't need a lot of energy, so I always have lots to spare, but..." this time her gaze did drop a bit, less focused as she reflected. "As much as my charge can build and release, even without me thinking, if I try to do too much too close together, it begins to hurt, and it burns. Then it feels like... like the strain of it will..." She shook her head and bit her lip. "I don't know, Martia, I'm sorry. I'm still learning, really. I know that, the more charge I channel, the faster, and stronger it rebuilds again within me, and it needs to be released... but the more I do spend, the more it begins to hurt. Sometimes it feels like the electricity is trying to scour me away to nothing." If her voice drifted towards bleakness for a moment, she immediately brightened again as she looked up, a happy smile that would have seemed quite content if not for her eyes. "But, the pain goes away quickly, so long as I hold off doing anything else, and once it stops, I'm fine again, usually. So I suppose it's alright in the end."

She made a small gesture with one hand, as though brushing the problem away, though it ended up with her figners fidgeting at the hem of her skirt in an unconscious tick.
"A-anyway, I got a chip too, it seems. It was called Meteor Knuckle... seemed more like your thing really." A small tilt of her head made her grin twitch up brighter at one corner. "I should ask Rogan if he'd like to give it to Leslie for you." The thought made her frown again as it followed its natural progression. "If I could convince him. I'm not sure I could, really, he doesn't listen to me unless it's about work, usually. At least, he doesn't seem to."

With a small sigh Lyntael turned to jump down off the platform and continue on their way, but the action made her stop and pause. Instead of moving on, she found herself looking down towards the ground, resisting the urge to shuffle and fidget. She was facing Martia directly again, and a delicate blush touched her cheeks before she could shoo it away.

"Martia, I... ah... thankyou, for staying, I mean, after what I told you before." Finally she managed to look up to find the other woman's eyes. "I was less frightened that time, but, I know I couldn't have managed it on my own, without you." She looked away, her self-consciousness returning. She knew that Martia had probably only stayed to help because the danger was so sudden and present. She was a good person, and helpful, and kind, from all that the younger girl had seen so far. Not one to stand by when another person was in danger... but... now that the immediate danger was past, she couldn't help the worry that her new friend would want no part of what she was doing. Somehow, her averted eyes had wound up staring back down at her own bare feet again.

"I know where I have to go now," her eyes darted out unconsciously, to look towards the other side of the open space they were in, to where a long series of quick-moving escalators rose towards some of the higher gantry-style walkways, then back to Martia's face as she swallowed. "But, i-if you don't feel right about helping me any more, I'll understand."

So, it was all in the electricity. It made sense, but who would make an electrical Navi that couldn't handle electricity? "I guess that explains it. Just don't push yourself so hard that it gets unbearable, all right? Practice some more with it, and see if it gets any easier!" In a way, Lyn's lack of experience was a boon for Martia, as it gave her a chance to practice being an instructor. Also, MeteorKnuckle...? "MeteorKnuckle? Never heard of it, but it sure sounds like something I'd like. Tell you what, if your operator won't listen to you, I'll tell mine about it, and I guarantee you that he'll listen to her!" After all, Leslie was stubborn, not afraid to go after what she wanted, and wore mostly form-fitting clothes...at least in the areas she actually wore clothes. She'd find some way to make him pay attention. Actually, come to think of it, it was kinda surprising that a food establishment hadn't made her cover her bare midriff after all this time...

Speaking of time, the 'later' that she'd previously mentioned for talking earlier was now 'right now'. But fortunately, she didn't have to think too hard on what she wanted to do. She had a heart, and she was perfectly fine with listening to it. "Listen, about that. I can't really say I approve of...whatever it is you're doing, exactly. But, at the same time, I don't really care. You're my friend, and that's what's most important to me. And I don't think Leslie would care either, so long as you weren't affecting innocent people with what you're doing. So don't think you can get rid of me that easy!" The fighter Navi ran over to the edge of the metal platform, before gracefully flipping off of it, clear over Lyn, and onto the main floor in front of her...though, as the electrical Navi had observed before, and would observe again if she looked up, certain parts of her were a bit more affected by gravity than others...

"So, which way do we need to go now?" Noticing her new friend's eyes, Martia looked over towards the escalators, and where they possibly lead. "That way, huh? Can't say I know what's over there, but I'm all set to check it out when you are! And don't even think about trying to ditch me in order to protect me, or some equally ridiculous thing. I'm not leaving, and that's that!"
As her friend dismounted the platform, Lyntael's eyes followed the movement... and then were drawn just as automatically to the place where the movement continued a moment longer than the rest of her body. And a moment more, before she realised and dragged her eyes back up to Martia's face, doing her best to smother the momentary flash of envy. She concentrated more closely on what the other woman was saying instead. The response made hear heart jump.

"You mean it!?" There was probably something unfortunately telling in how surprised and delighted Lyntael seemed to be at Martia's declaration of steadfastness. Her hands drew together up at her chest as her features brightened, eyes wide with unexpected hopefulness. "Oh, thankyou, Martia! I'm so glad, I—" without thought, she had darted in to throw her arms about the other woman in an enthusiastic hug, but she realised what she'd done the moment she had and jumped back again flinching. Unfortunately, it was already done; anywhere her skin had touched the other woman would have given, at the very least, a notable static shock. As much as she had recovered her strength, her body still took longer than that for its charge to recede to 'safe-to-touch' levels. Lyntael cringed, wincing.

"Ah, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to... arghh, that was stupid of me..." She stared down at her own hands, shoulders hunched slightly, as though willing the energy away with all her might, but it wasn't any help; if anything the sudden spike of distress made another tiny crack of electricity jump from one strand of spiky hair to the next. She managed to take a few deep breaths before going on, glancing up at her friend again through her lashes, eyes looking just a little hunted.

"Sorry, I shouldn't... I-I'm not safe. I'll just stay back a little." Another deep breath and her hands crossed over her chest, lifting up to rub at her arms, though whether it was nerves, or a form of self comfort, she didn't seem conscious of the action. "Um, I really am very glad, though. I don't have many friends, and I like you. I was worried that you'd want to go. I don't really want to be doing this at all... it's not right, and I wish I didn't have to, but, I'm really glad to have a friend with me." She did manage a smile now, and if it wasn't as bright or enthusiastic as before, it was honest and steady. She stepped down and fell in beside Martia, walking slowly at first.

"I don't think this can really hurt any innocents," the irony of the statement, and how much discomfort and upset the activity was causing Lyntael herself, never occurred to the girl. "He's only chasing information at the moment, though... I don't know yet what he means to do about it once he finds what he's after. I know he wouldn't tell me if I asked, so, I just have to do as he needs, and hope it's nothing bad overall." She nodded to her friend as they moved towards the rising escalators and pointed towards the higher gantry-ways. "Yeah, this way. Rogan will probably be getting worried, since I've been still for so long and he's kept searching ahead. If I don't catch up there could be problems." Her pace quickened a little as she spoke; however unwilling to play her part in Rogan's work she was, the young girl was clearly less willing to risk letting him down.

"You don't have to thank me-oof! Aaah!" Martia was fine with getting hugged. Zapped, not so much. It was pretty clear that it was unintentional, at least. "Don't worry, I wasn't shocked too bad! Actually, I think I feel a little better after you did that..." Not that she wanted to do it again...and she also felt a bit achy where Lyn's bare skin had touched her. But that part could be conveniently not said.

The next part hit the fighter Navi pretty close to home, though; she could certainly sympathize about not having many friends. "Believe it or not, me neither. Since, well, my operator doesn't get out much. She's gotten better lately, but...well, her grand plans for me aren't going to work very well if we stay cooped up in the dojo day and night. At least she's gotten better about it the longer she's had me as a Navi." The two started to walk along, and Lyn explained a little more of her situation. "Just info, huh? Yeah, I really don't think that by itself would rile Leslie up. All right, let's go find it!" The two Navis sped up at the same time, though Martia intentionally let herself fall behind just enough to let her new friend take the lead. Besides, playing follow the leader let her process what had just happened. First off, she was now officially aiding a criminal, technically speaking. But also technically speaking, she didn't care, since to her it only felt like aiding a friend. Plus, she really had to admire Lyn's loyalty to her operator, doing things like this that she didn't want to do, and had the right to not do. Though based, on what she'd seen, her operator pretty much treated her like garbage, so maybe she should question it instead? Either way, there was no way she could change her mind, so she might as well tag along. And who knew, maybe she'd get a peek at the information they were working on gathering. She wasn't a big fan of secrets, after all.

Of course, this was the Net. There was no way things would keep going smoothly like they were right now. And so she kept a sharp eye for anything that might attack them, virus or otherwise. She wasn't really keen on fighting the latter, but if they ran into someone that was the 'shoot first, ask questions later' type, she might have no choice...

(NEVER MIND NO SEARCHING HERE YET)
Making their way to the escalators, Lyntael's eyes kept drifting upwards and further on to where the filter told her she needed to be. It was hard to say exactly how the sensation came, any more than she could have explained running it for Rogan in the first place, but it was an awareness that nestled in the back of her mind for as long as the filter was in place. It wasn't until they were beginning to climb that she remembered what she'd said earlier, about the chip. Until then, she'd continued to walk slowly even as the escalator carried them, but now she stopped, glancing across to her companion.

"Ah, the chip, right. Sorry about that, here, let me ask him, just a moment." She smiled to her companion, though it was only small; it was hard to disguise the fact that she didn't hold out much hope of him listening to her.

"Sir, uh, Rogan sir? About that chip data you just received..." Her eyes slipped away as she spoke, turning to lean against one of the railing at moved with them and averting her face slightly. It was clear she was attempting to communicate with her operator, though there was no visible display at all, but after a moment her eyebrows drew down. "Sir?" Another few moments and she sighed, shaking her head. As they reached the end of one rise and transferred to another, she turned back to Martia. "He's silenced his PET and mustn't be looking at the display. He's probably focused on his searching. I'll try again in a bit, if you— " She stopped suddenly, mouth still partway open as he eyes snapped forward to the upper gantry they were approaching.

It wasn't as though there was anything to see, but she felt it; the signal that represented Rogan's network access, running masked and filtered behind her own. It shifted and probed, and in a moment, separated. She was already running by the time she realised it was happening, but it was probably too late. Whatever he'd done, she hadn't been close enough to cover it. "No... please, please just hold..." A murmur under her breath as she covered the last of the distance, standing now on the first walkway junction, hands on the rail as she looked around quickly. The walkway they'd reached was a couple of metres wide, running along the wall of the area, but other, narrower gantries crossed the space regularly, to a similar walkway on the other side. The signal was masked again, but had it...? There. She knew it probably didn't look any different to the dozen other points of light that darted this way and that near the various paths, pieces of data heading to predetermined locations, but this one caught her eyes as it originated at a junction further along, underneath the walkway itself by a couple of feet, and out to the side. She couldn't have explained it, but she recognised the pulse as being derived from some part of the network's security system; an alert, and one that needed stopped.

Without any time to think, she dived under the railing, throwing herself down and out towards the pulse as it raced along towards her position. At the last moment she hooked one leg around the base of a railing support to save herself from falling completely, but most of her focus was on stretching her arm out towards the bolt of light. Her fingers brushed it as it passed and it stopped, drawn into you young girl instead for a moment. As her body swung down to hang from the one knee wrapped around the support, she convulsed for a moment, hands drawing in about her, then extended her arms again. The light pulse emerged, then dissipated into the air and Lyntael relaxed, hanging down again, arms loose. For a moment she rested like that, oblivious to the disarray of her clothes and the ultimately irresistible forces of gravity as she let out a long sight of relief. That was far too close. Still with her eyes closed for the moment and her arms hanging lose she sighed, apparently unaffected by the inversion, and took a few more relieved breaths.

"That man... If only he'd just wait for me. It's not like he's in a hurry or anything. Whatever happened to being delicate?" It was mostly a resigned mutter to herself, but if Martia had closed the distance by that point she'd certainly be able to hear. Another small shake of her head and Lyntael opened her eyes again, beginning the slightly more complicated task of pulling herself up again.

For the first time in her life, Martia found herself riding an escalator. It was kinda weird...she was the kind of person that would rather walk than have something do it for her. Still, it was sort of fun, in a way. She leaned against the side as Lyn tried to contact her operator, to no avail. "Nah, I'll just have Leslie ask him!" A small screen popped up in front of the pink Navi, containing her operator's face. She considered the fact it wasn't unintentionally lower a small miracle, considering her past luck in such matters. "Hey, Leslie!"

"Eh?" And two words succeeded for Martia where entire sentences had failed for Lyn. "Something wrong?"

"Nah, just letting you know that Lyn got a chip called MeteorKnuckle from that mystery data. Since she doesn't use chips, maybe you could convince her operator to give it to us?"

"Huh, sounds like it'd be pretty nice...all right, I'm on it!"

"Thanks!" Screen, gone. "Leslie'll take care of it now. So you don't need to-" And just like that, her new friend was running off for reasons uncertain to the fighter Navi. Luckily, she caught on fast enough that she was able to keep pace well enough, though Lyn was definitely speedier than she looked at first glance. She slowed down as the other Navi stopped, looking for something that she herself couldn't see, apparently. Everything looked normal to her...wha?! She rushed over to the railing, to see that the electrical Navi was doing...something. She leaned over, to see that, by and large, things were still okay. However, she DID make a discovery, one she honestly and truly had no desire to make if her eyes weren't deceiving her. Was that...see-through underwear? That was just...BOOM! Yeah, her brain just exploded. The shock of that revelation, on top of the fact she just saw someone leap off the railing for no apparent reason whatsoever, kept her from hearing the mutterings of the other Navi.

"C-Can you give me a heads up next time? I think I just had a stroke...why'd you do that?" While still a little pale from the shock of the incident, she reached down below, to give Lyn a hand. Martia seriously doubted that Lyn would be so heavy that she wouldn't be able to lift her up, especially since she had the railing for support as needed. But, there was one other thing, and she had to say it... "And, um...don't take this the wrong way, but you should really program yourself a new pair of underwear..."
As she began to climb back up, her eyes caught sight of her companion above, and in an instant she became aware of her clothing again, and the job it was no longer doing. A rash of scarlet suffused her skin and she chocked back a strangled cry, trying immediately to push the poor skirt back up over her front and back at the same time. With only one hand to do so the attempt was more or less futile, and she managed a mortified "Don't look!" before the effort almost made her slip completely. It was a distinctly ungraceful scramble that eventually left Lyntael back on the walkway, blushing bright enough to start a fire and with her hands on her knees, pressing her skirt down firmly in place. During the climb, she had reached for Martia's offered hand, without thought, though provided she'd been prepared for it, the shock of contact with her skin probably hadn't been too bad. The girl herself was too flustered to notice as she fought to compose herself.

"Sorry... I know, but, it's all I have. I don't mean to be indecent, truly I don't. I just don't own anything else, please don't look. I- I sometimes like to design other things, other outfits, you know? But... I don't have the right permissions, so, unless he actually takes the time to register something, I can't actually make it... you know..." She made a small gripping motion with one hand, though the other was still on her leg. "Real..?" She was letting her tongue ramble, she knew, caught between shock and embarrassment as she fought off the burning heat in her cheeks. It was true though. When she was left alone in her PET, with nothing to do, she liked to design new outfits for herself, even if it was just fanciful dreaming at this point.

"Ahh... A-anyway, um, I'm sorry that was... Rogan was less careful than he should have been. His dive was detected and the system tried to send an alert. I had to stop it before... before it got anywhere important." She shook her head then slowly stood, taking a few moments to brush down and smooth her skirt even though it no longer needed the help. She glanced around and the various other lines of light and data that zipped about as a part of the everyday background workings of the SciLab Net. At any other time, no-one would give any of it a first glance, let alone a second, but... "Whenever I'm masking like this, I can't really explain it, but I know what one are important, like, if something is related to him or I. I rerouted and scrambled it, so there's no alarm." A small guilty duck of her head as she shuffled her feet. "Someone in SciLabs just got a completely garbled and meaningless email out of the blue, but, it's better than getting caught... right?" She tried a small, unsteady smile that was probably closer to a wince, overall, then shrugged softly. "It's fine again for now. I've got it all covered, I think."

The irony of her word choice seemed to go right by the still quite embarrassed navi as she turned to face her companion for a moment, then nodded onward towards the way she had been running already, her smile growing slightly nervous as she tried to move swiftly past the compromising moment.

(Ready for battle 3 now, I promise.)

Though Martia did end up taking another electrical shock, at least this time she knew it was coming, and was able to soldier through it in order to get Lyn back up on the walkway where she belonged. "Now that time it just stung...ow..." She shook her head, banishing the sensation from her body. Wait, did she hear that right? "Wow, your operator won't even let you do that of all things? No offense, but he's either a pervert, or a total jerk...either of which is not good."

On that note, seeing that her new friend was just fine, the fighter Navi bounced back up. "Well, that explains it...and I'm not even going to pretend I understood what you were talking about. So I'll just take your word for it that everything's okay!" Well, almost everything. She'd just seen things she wouldn't be able to unsee...well, actually, if she got a skilled enough scientist, she could. But Leslie's contact list wasn't exactly big on tech people, so there wasn't much she could do about it, despite wanting to.

She opened her mouth to prepare for asking Lyn if she was all set, but her walking did a fine job answering the question. "Let's just hope that he doesn't try to rush things again, huh?" Martia placed her heads over the back of her head, and started walking along. It'd been awfully quiet on the virus front for a while now...she didn't have a lot of experience in the matter, but she still knew that now more than ever, they needed to be vigilant.

(YOU HEARD HER, SEARCHING FOR BATTLE #3)
+5 FXP

The two Navis walked a few more feet before a huge rock smashed into the walkway from above, barely missing them, but destroying the way to the escalators they used to get up onto this platform. The Navis looked up to see a giant spherical planetoid-like virus on a platform high above them, with many bits of debris rotating around it like an asteroid belt. Looking around, viruses were swarming into the area from all over. The platforms that they were on were connected by fragile, criss-crossing, glass-stair walkways that continued upward into the sky.

From around a corner, on the platform the Navis were on, came a pair of red industrial fans. Unlike the previous immobile fans that the Navis had dealt with, these had four wheels like a car. A quartet of electric bunnies hopped into view on the next platform above them. The third platform up had the giant planetoid virus. And the last platform, several stories above them, sat a trio of little viruses with antennas and a similar number of floating orbs that sparked as they moved.

A glint of emerald light caught the eye as the shape of a huge green Mystery Data rotated around the planetoid virus.

-Viruses-
TyphoonA: 100HP [Platform A]
TyphoonB: 100HP [Platform A]

BunnyA: 50HP [Platform B]
BunnyB: 50HP [Platform B]
BunnyC: 50HP [Platform B]
BunnyD: 50HP [Platform B]

BigBang: 120HP [Platform C]

TwistyA: 80HP [Immobile] [Platform D]
TwistyB: 80HP [Immobile] [Platform D]
TwistyC: 80HP [Immobile] [Platform D]

-Objects-
GMD: 50HP [In Orbit Around BigBang]
RemoteBitA: ??? [Platform D]
RemoteBitB: ??? [Platform D]
RemoteBitC: ??? [Platform D]

-Ascending Terrain-
Platform A [20% Normal]
Walkway A to B [5% Glass]
Platform B [20% Normal]
Walkway B to C [5% Glass]
Platform C [20% Normal]
Walkway C to D [5% Glass]
Platform D [20% Normal]
Walkway D to ??? [5% Glass]

[Note: Each Platform and Walkway has a small wall/railing around its perimeter. The Platform ones are made of normal terrain, the Walkway's are glass. Either can be used to grabbed on to/pressed up against, to help prevent falling over the side. The wall/railing of the Platforms are tall/strong enough to be used as cover.]

-Navis-
Martia.EXE: 230HP [Platform A]
Lyntael.EXE: 150HP [Platform A]

~Battle 3: Start!!~
The cursed blush returned to her cheeks as Lyntael grew aware of her friends reaction to the static, and she realised what she'd done... again. She tried to pass it off as easily as Martia seemed to, but the guilt lingered in her chest, even so. After a small, nodded agreement to Martia's other hopes, the girl shook her head, more than a little sadly.

"It's not like that... really it's not. Rogan isn't... he's not... like that, I mean. He doesn't look at me like that. Sometimes..." she bit her lip, unsure if he could actually say the words. "Sometimes I wish he would, because at least then he'd really be looking at me, as me, and seeing more than a lockpick." She shook her head. "It was that way when I was given to him, clothes, permissions, and all... It's not that he won't let me make my own outfits... it's just that he doesn't care." She cut off, a hand jumping to her mouth as she heard the words she had said. "I- I mean, I'm sure if I—" she groped desperately for a way to defend him against her own words, but fate intervened before she could recover, in the form of a large chunk of crashing masonry and a positive swarm of viruses.

Lyntael... really tried her best not to flinch and cry out, or to cower down against one of the nearby barrier rails, truly, she did. That she failed badly in this attempt, and did all three, should really not be held against her. The shock and panic of the sudden inundation of foes did slightly more than make the young girl's hair crackle madly: as she cringed down, hands over her head instinctively, an electrical reverb pulsed from the emblem on her chest, expanding in a static shell that seemed to draw substance from the charge points at each wrist and ankle as it spread past them, into a field that surrounded her with visible energy for a moment or two before fading from sight. The girl herself didn't appear to notice, instead glancing up towards Martia from her cower a moment after the field faded.

"Ahh... Martia! That's so many!" Her eyes darted about, trying to look at everything that had shown up around and above them. "It wasn't me, I swear, it wasn't me! I'm sure it couldn't be... unless... unless..." She faltered. Oh light it probably had been her, if the split in the signal had drawn them like a beacon when it almost set off the alarm. The small portion of guilt in her chest found much greater company all of a sudden.

Some combination of looking at her friend, the distraction of speaking aloud, and her own rapidly growing sense of guilt lent the young woman enough false courage to dart out from her cover again and stand by the fighting navi. Still light and on her toes, her eyes continued trying to watch all the points around and above them, ready to evade anything that came their way, for herself, but also unconsciously keeping herself relative to Martia as best she could, with an eye to intercepting anything the martial artist failed to avoid; her shield was up, she knew, even if she hadn't done it consciously, and as much as taking hits on it stung terribly, it didn't actually hurt her, so, for as long as it held, better her than her friend.

"Ah... Plans?" It was an unsteady sound, dangerously close to panic, but if her voice shook ,at least the rest of her body seemed to be more reliable for the moment. She spared another quick glance for Martia then looked around at their foes again. The thought of how much expending her full charge had begun to hurt after only three attempts was still fresh in her mind, and the thought of what that might mean for having so many targets about them all at once now made her shudder almost more than fear of the virus element itself. She would have to pace herself, somehow. Gritting her teeth, she felt for the sensation at her extremities that marked the beginnings of her charge, but raised it slowly as she kept nimble, not fixed on any one target yet.

Summary

1) Dodge (taking immediate cover in fear of opening salvos)
2) Unconscious activation, "My Heart Falters" (20hp Barrier, Self)
3) Dodge, with an eye to covering Martia for as long as she remains close.
4) Buster Charge

Cooldowns

My Heart Falters: 1TCD
As they continued, Martia could feel something inside of her...sympathy for Lyn. Leslie had her faults - oh, did she have her faults - but she never treated her as a tool. At her worst, she treated her like a centerfold, and that was still a lot better than Rogan at his best, based on what she'd heard so far. "This might be a dumb question, but you haven't told him this yourself, have you?" But before she could get an answer, their collective world was rocked, in the form of a literal rock that almost smacked them but good. Also, viruses. And lots of them. "That's...a lot of viruses..."

Her friend responded by hiding and covering herself with electricity, which wasn't really unreasonable considering the situation. Too bad she couldn't do that. Though, what she said afterward didn't make any sense to her... "Nah, I don't think it was you. I don't think SciLab even uses viruses like that, and if even they did, they'd just beam in, instead of rushing onto the scene like they did." Granted, that was just speculation, and she could be entirely wrong about it. "Anyway, for now, I'll handle these guys right here, so we'll have a little breathing room. Just keep an eye out, and let me know if any of the others try something. There's a lot of them, but if we work one group at a time, it'll be more managable. Sound good?" And now, to fulfill her part in the plan. Which meant one direct contact with her operator. "...Leslie? You know that chip you traded for before? Mist-something, it was called. Wasn't that strong enough that I could just smack this fan thing with it and it'd fall apart?"

"Uh, I'll check..." Let's see. Fan thing must be Typhoon, which had 100 HP. Mist-something...MistConvergence, it was apparently called, had a damage of 100. And since she passed math, she knew that 100-100=0. "Yeah, it does. Want it?"

"Couldn't hurt!"

And in it went. "There you go. BattleChip, MistConv...what was it? Oh yeah, MistConvergence. Slot in!"

Around a 5 foot radius around Martia suddenly became covered in a thick fog, centered around her outstretched right hand. It rapidly shrunk as soon as it appeared, eventually condensing into an aura around her arm. She leaned back slightly, reared her arm back...and performed a palm thrust, sending the mist forward as a fairly large projection of her attack. Afterward, she took a quick look at her arm, almost like she was checking something about it. "Ugh, my arm felt like it was getting cooked while I was doing that. I don't think I'm ever going to see noodles the same way again..."

"Uh...sure? Pretty sure the virus is gonna get cooked a lot more than you did." And speaking of which, after boiling one enemy, they might as well just roast another. "So, here's something else for the other one. BattleChip, FireHit! Slot in!"

Naturally, since the martial artist Navi had just complained about the heat from her first attack, she found her hands covered in flaming auras. This one didn't bother her, though. Maybe since she was used to using FireHit, she knew how to make sure it didn't burn her? She definitely knew how to make it burn viruses, at least, so she crossed her arms into an X shape in front of her chest, and rushed forward, to the Typhoon that hadn't been mist-ified. As she drew near, she straightened her hands, and performed a near instantaneous one-two chopping attack, leaving orange-red trails as she delivered the combo. As she finished, she used the momentum from her second chop to do a sidestep, which hopefully would result in something attacking her, failing miserably, be it fan based or otherwise.

[Order of Turn:
1-MistConvergence1 chip attack on TyphoonA (100, Aqua, A, Impact)
2-FireHit1 chip attack on TyphoonB (60, Fire, A+, Impact)
3-FireHit1 chip attack on TyphoonB (60, Fire, A+, Impact)
4-Dodge]
Lyntael panicked as Martia gathered cold energy together into her fist and struck the lead Typhoon virus with an arctic palm strike, deleting it. She followed it up two flaming chops, missing with the first, but hitting with the second. The Typhoon virus, heavily damaged, spun its fan and launched a concentrated blast of air at Martia. She tries to sidestep it but the blast is too quick... and hits Lyntael, who used herself as a shield. Lyntael's barrier absorbs the impact, but the force of it still sends her flying across the platform.

But before she blows over the side she manages to catch herself on the low wall that outlined the perimeter of the platforms. She scrambles back onto the platform as the Bunny viruses launch their electric rings from above. Lyntael hugs the wall like a second skin as she charges her Buster, and Martia does some impressive acrobatic moves, as the electric rings strike the platform in various places. After the barrage, the duo come out unharmed.

The large BigBang slowly floats down the connecting walkway between platforms C and B, joining the Bunny viruses. The bunnies give out a squeak of surprise as they are lifted into the BigBang's gravity well and begin orbiting around the virus like so much debris.

Finally the Remote Bits, guided by the Twisty viruses on the high ground, float down towards Lyntael and being raining lightning bolts upon her position. Maybe they were attracted to her electromagnetic signal. Regardless, Lyntael manages to dive out of the way as one of the bolts strikes right beside her and causes part of the platform to crumble and shift under her weight. The Navi manages to leap up and rush towards Martia, dodging another lightning strike that breaks the cracked panel. That part of the platform falls away, sending floor debris raining down to the area below and leaving a gaping hole in its wake.

-Viruses-
TyphoonA: DELETED
TyphoonB: 40HP [Platform A]

BigBang: 120HP [Platform B]
BunnyA: 50HP [Platform B] [In Orbit Around BigBang]
BunnyB: 50HP [Platform B] [In Orbit Around BigBang]
BunnyC: 50HP [Platform B] [In Orbit Around BigBang]
BunnyD: 50HP [Platform B] [In Orbit Around BigBang]

-Objects-
GMD: 50HP [In Orbit Around BigBang]
RemoteBitA: ??? [Platform A]
RemoteBitB: ??? [Platform A]
RemoteBitC: ??? [Platform A]

-Ascending Terrain-
Platform A [15% Normal] [5% Broken]
Platform B [20% Normal]
Platform C [20% Normal]
Platform D [20% Normal]

[Note: Each Platform and Walkway has a small wall/railing around its perimeter. The Platform ones are made of normal terrain, the Walkway's are glass. Either can be used to grabbed on to/pressed up against, to help prevent falling over the side. The wall/railing of the Platforms are tall/strong enough to be used as cover.]

-Navis-
Martia.EXE: 230HP [Platform A]
Lyntael.EXE: 150HP [Platform A] [10HP Barrier] [Buster Charge: 1]
The crack of static as her barrier flared into sight again, taking the brunt of the typhoon's last, sent its normal feedback shock through Lyntael, but for once the young navi didn't seem to notice. Her short cry was much more for them impact that still followed through and tossed her, rolling, across the platform. On instinct she was already scrambling for purchase again as her body slowed, and caught enough hold to pull herself up ad to her feet before fetching up against the rails. One small cry of shock blended into another as the other attacks fell, and she threw herself from them desperately.

In the back of her awareness, far too detached for her to really pay any attention to, she was aware of the electricity as it struck and fell about her, would have been even if she closed her eyes, but it felt very different to hers, and not at all friendly. In the moment between, when the first assault waned, Lyntael managed to look up from the low crouch she'd ended up in, scanning about for her companion.

"Martia! I'm... I'm ok... that lightning, where's it coming from?" Even to her own ears, her voice sounded high and a little panicked, though what the girl herself didn't notice was that it remained quite stable despite the obvious fear, now that her instincts were beginning to take over in the thick of it. "These bits... they're just strikers, but, what's causing it?" It wasn't the bunnies, she knew that much, but maybe... the sight of those very bunnies being casually scooped into the... small planet's... gravity field made her pause for a moment, startled. At any other time the bemused look on the poor things might have made her laugh, but not now. Rather she was more interested in getting away from the striking lightning. She could feel the residual crackle in the air, and more, feel her own body drawing it in, gathering it and converting it, adding it to her own charge, and that was something she really didn't want happening right now.

From her crouch, the girl sprang forward, one hand planting down and holding long enough for her to turn it into a neat roll that brought her to her feet again, and she was already running, across the platform and away from the little bits with the dangerously strong lightning strikes. As she arrived beside Martia and the Typhoon that remained, the tingling in her wrists and ankles had already grown to a burgeoning swell, the glow clearly visible and bright... and the amount of electricity in the air wasn't likely to lessen either... it was too much. A she glanced to her friend, then to the typhoon as she skidded to a halt. It would do.

"Watch your eyes..." she pleaded to the other woman, the strain of holding the charge while her body seemed determined to keep drawing from the air almost enough to make her wince. "I need to..." With a harsh growl between teeth that clenched a moment later she rose up on her toes, lifting one hand above her while the other maintained a guard, focused on the damaged virus she was next to. She struck out open-palmed as she drove the blow down with all the force she could muster, and the bright glows at each extremity flashed in to her chest, and out to her falling palm as one, even brighter, electrical flare that burst with a brilliant crackle as the blow reached the point where he target ought to be. The follow through made her widen her stance, unsteady, and the sound of her drawing a long, deep breath, shaky as she gathered herself, was unmissable. Even so, she looked up a moment later, eyeing the ominous planetoid in its ponderous approach.

"I... I don't think we should stay here... should we move up, and away..?" Spoken on heavy breaths it may have been, but at least it was better than the feeble squeaks of terror she had managed in the past.

Summary

1) Dodge
2) Buster Charge
3) Movement (crossing platform, away from remote bits, across to the remaining Typhoon)
4) Full-charge Strike (40Elec, A, at Typhoon B)

Cooldowns

My Heart Falters: Cooling Down
Well, that was the last time she tried using a long range chip to power up a close range attack. Martia braced herself for evasion, but found it unnecessary as Lyn used her electricity to block the mini-tornado coming her way. "Oh, thanks!" It wasn't all that necessary; it probably wouldn't hurt that bad, and she was more concerned about her friend being okay than herself. Still, she definitely appreciated the sentiment-

ZAP!

A sudden thunderbolt got the fighting Navi's attention rather quick, who realized pretty quickly that it wasn't Lyn's doing. A quick look up revealed some sort of...what was that, anyway? It was pretty clear that it was what caused it, though. "Great, just what we need, lightning raining on us from above. I like it better when you're channeling it!" Speaking of electricity, how about the next platform over? The Bunny viruses were being awfully quiet, considering they looked pretty peppy earlier...

And a check showed that the weird, gravity based virus had moved over, and sucked them into its orbit. "Wha-? What kind of virus does that to its own allies?...Am I the only that feels kinda bad for those Bunnies...?" It was perfectly okay if her question was met with a yes, since they were still viruses that a moment ago were perfectly fine with electrocuting the Navis, but it was still really mean for that thing to do that to them. "At this rate, that thing'll come right over here, and if we both get sucked in, we're in big trouble. I'll work on it, and you can finish off this fan thing!" Based on how the other Navi looked, that wasn't a suggestion so much as stating what was about to happen as a suggestion. "Just, don't stay here too long, okay? If we're getting lightning dropped on us, the best thing is keep moving so they can't get a clear shot! Plus, you know, there won't be a platform to stand on before too long..."

All right, if she was going to delete that BigBang or whatever it was called, she needed to move. If she tried attacking from there, she might hit that mystery data that she just noticed was floating around it. Or those Bunnies, and while she was fine with fighting enemies, the martial artist Navi couldn't help but feel a bit dirty at the idea of picking them off like that. Ideally, the best spots seemed to be either directly above or directly below it. And since she wasn't much for defying gravity, that only left one option. Still, she'd need some way to stay anchored, so she wouldn't join those bits of debris and viruses. "Leslie, RageClaw!"

"Really? You're fighting that thing with a RageClaw?"

"Not exactly...but I have a plan!"

"Oh, that's a lot better, then." That there wasn't a hint of irony in Leslie's voice was almost ironic in of itself. "BattleChip, RageClaw! Slot in!"

"I'm off! Don't go falling on me, Lyn!" With that, Martia ran over towards the next platform, as three large metal blades attached to the back of her left hand. As soon as she reached a nice spot below the floating virus, she raised her new weaponry, and dug it into the floor, to give her a nice anchor. Now, she just needed to look up, and strike...preferably in a way that wouldn't require that her arm literally be made of rubber. "I guess-"

"Lemme guess, you want FireHit, since that's the safest bet from that spot, right?" Without waiting for an answer, the request was granted. "BattleChip, FireHit! Slot in!"

Once again, the pink Navi's right fist became covered in flame. Not for long, however, as with as much might as she could muster while keeping her claw inside the platform, she punched upward, causing a fire-shaped fist to rise from her fire-covered fist, and with any luck, rise straight into the enemy gravitational anomoly. But instead of punching a second time, she simply maintained her post-punch positioning...and shortly thereafter, a second flaming fist rose from her arm, and sought to put an end to the threat of being sucked into any voids. The threat of lightning bolts striking were more than enough. And paralyzing electrical rings, if the Bunnies turned out to be grade A jerks.

[Order of Turn:
1-Dash over to Platform B, directly below the BigBang (Movement)
2-RageClaw1 chip to keep attached to the floor (RP specific effect - Avoid the Bunnies' fate)
3-FireHit1 chip attack on BigBang (60, Fire, A+, Impact)
4-FireHit1 chip attack on BigBang (60, Fire, A+, Impact)]
Lyntael rolled out from her cover and began running across the platform while Martia ran up the glass walkway to the platform right above it. The Typhoon tried to track the two targets but couldn't get a bead on any of them. The tornado it blew out missed Martia and swept off the platform. Lyntael took the distraction and rushed in from behind the Typhoon, delivering a shocking palm strike to its body. The Typhoon sparked a bit and then exploded into random data chunks.

Meanwhile, Martia equipped a claw and dug it into the platform she was on. Holding on tightly she kept herself from being swept up into the orbit of the BigBang. She was also able to duck under the whirling debris and viruses in orbit around the planetoid virus. One of the bunnies managed to get a bead on Martia with an electric ring, singing her hair and locking up a portion of her coding. In retaliation, Martia threw flaming fists at the BigBang. Both struck soundly and deleted the virus, releasing all the orbiting stuff to fall to the ground in a jumble.

The Remote Bits divided up, two towards Martia who was now a platform closer to the immobile Twistys, and one to Lyntael. They expelled lightning bolts from above, breaking panels and barriers alike. Lyntael stayed safe under her barrier, but still ended up in a hole on Platform A. Martia took two strikes from her immobile position and was severely shocked. The platform below her crumbled into a hole.

Oh, and the tornado was coming back towards Platform B.

-Viruses-
TyphoonB: DELETED

BigBang: DELETED

-Objects-
GMD: 50HP [Platform B]
RemoteBitA: ??? [Platform B]
RemoteBitB: ??? [Platform B]
RemoteBitC: ??? [Platform A]
Tornado: ??? [Homing: Martia]

-Ascending Terrain-
Platform A [10% Normal] [10% Broken]
Platform B [15% Normal] [5% Broken]
Platform C [20% Normal]
Platform D [20% Normal]

-Navis-
Martia.EXE: 1800HP [Platform B] [Broken] [Stun1]
Lyntael.EXE: 150HP [Platform A] [Broken] [Barrier Broken!]

Quote (Terrain)

Broken (Restricted)
A hole in the ground, but not bottomless.
Reverts to Normal after a time, if no-one is in the pit.
Dodges can fail if RP isn't acceptable, doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
Takes 1 to 4 Movement actions to climb back out if you fall or jump in, depending on your mode of climbing out.
This panel type can be generated by Signatures, but only in smaller quantities.
The release of energy made Lyntael shout as she struck home, though though it left her neither exhausted nor hurting, of once. Rather, as the destroyed Typhoon disintegrated under her blow, a small ripple of sensation washed through the young navi making her shiver and and putting a faint pink in her cheeks. She shoved it away, glancing about to see Martia destroying the most intimidating of their opponents with an almost casual ease. It was painfully embarrassing, the difference in their competence, but she pushed that thought away as well.

About to race over to join her friend, the sudden crackle in the air announced that one of the bits, at least, had caught up. Distracted as she was for the moment, it was all the girl could do to raise hands above her head in a small cry before the bolt struck down. As the jolt struck her own electric barrier, it sprang into sight again, the different charges warring for a moment before cancelling out. Even so, the force of it drove the young girl down as the impact damaged the ground she stood on, dropping her into a rough-edged pit as her small cry became a more startled shriek.

Bits of broken panelling shifted and flickered about her, sometimes flashing up as though trying to reverse the damage, before flicking back again, tor broken shards about her feet. Lyntael picked herself up, disoriented for a moment, and turned about, catching her breath. A moment of panic grabbed her as she took in the broken hole she'd ended up in, the ragged edges of it just above the top of her head. Above, the bit that had landed her here was still visible, and she pressed her hands against the walls in a brief wave of unthinking desperation. Trapped here she was defenceless, she needed to get out, and quickly.

Fighting down the fear as best she could, Lyntael tried to school the panic out of her thoughts. A hole in the ground was no problem for her, she just had to focus. With a wary eye towards the bit above, she closed her eyes and crouched down, drawing in the air on the platform around her to a gradually tightening spiral about her own feet. The amount of electricity in the air fretted at the edges of her concentration, aware of it as well as the air itself, but she worked as quickly as she could focusing the wind into an ever tighter spin. Her clothing ruffled and flared, and bits of broken panel skittered and eddied about her in the enclosed space, until the strain told her she couldn't wind it any tighter. With a small, tightly held cry of effort, she jumped and pressed down against the pit with the built currents, thrusting her small frame up and out of the pit with as much force as she could muster. Even if it didn't gain her the hight such a leap normally would, at least it would get her clear of the hole.

As she reached the peak of her jump, one knee arched up and her form stable, the small navi thrust both her hands back, directing the remaining brunt on her gathered wind back behind her. It wasn't a lot, but enough to give her some extra forward thrust towards the rising walkways and the platforms beyond. The small burst was helped as Lyntael curled her body forward with it, turning over in the air with an unconscious grace that the young navi herself wasn't aware of. She landed neatly on her toes and was already running, as much away from the bit lurking overhead, as towards Martia. Another fear gripped her chest as she dashed nimbly up the walkway, panicked eyes darking around as best she could while still watching where she was going. Her friend had been caught by the same nasty attack, and without any sort of protection like she'd had. More of the bits were focusing on Martia too; she had to do something, anything.

Skidding to a stop at the edge of the broken ground, Lyntael spared long enough for another desperate look around as she spoke. Well, cried out, really, the worry adding to the breathiness of her shout.

"Martia! Are you...?" The movement of the bits above made her breath catch and cut off her words as she thrust out one hand towards them instead, gritting her teeth as she tried to force her body's defence responses to answer her will, rather than her panic for once. It was relief that washed over her a moment later, the pulse of static starting at her emblem and spreading out in a field that drew more energy from the glowing points of her extremities. Grabbing for clothing as best she could and trying hard not to let their skin actually brush at all, she reached quickly for her friend, doing her best to help the other navi up in whatever way she could. Mercifully, as Lyntael did what she could to help the other woman up from the edge of the unbroken ground beside her, the fresh barrier seemed to accept and ignore Martia, passing harmlessly over her wherever any part of her came within its bounds, even as it gradually faded from sight. She did her best to keep some part of the field around her between Martia and the lurking bits as she helped, though in her panic, the jumble of bunnies, released from orbit now, seemed to have completely slipped her mind.

"Hurry! It must be the ones higher up... we have to stop these strikes before they destroy the whole area! We've got to move!" For all of the girls seemingly affirmative action, her voice still sounded as terrified as ever, on the edge of panting. The girl's hair crackled and sparked madly and a light patterning of current danced across her skin, but curiously, her limbs didn't shake or tremble under her fear as they had before.

Summary

1) Wind sub-type effect: Airstep, as High-jump, to clear broken pit.
*Wind sub-type effect: Gust, as free action, as RP-contextual push, assisting direction and momentum, away from broken terrain and towards the ascending paths.
2) Movement, to beside Martia's position on Platform B
3) Signature: 'My Heart Falters' (20hp barrier, self)
4) Contextual: Assist and cover Martia's recovery/escape from Broken terrain. (Call it a dodge if permissable/applicable)

Cooldowns

'My Heart Falters' 1 TCD

"Urgh..." Despite the various shockings she'd received, Martia managed to land on her feet, only for her to fall on one knee, succumbing to the electricity lingering inside her. And unlike before, it was definitely not welcome. "Can't move..."

"Holy hell...are you all right? It looked like you really got beat down..."

"M-Mostly..." The Navi tried to struggle against her body's inability to move, but made so little progress that she decided to just let it wear off on its own. "I can't believe those Bunnies attacked me, even after I got them loose from that...thing!"

"No good deed goes unpunished, huh?" She wasn't exactly surprised at it, but Leslie still felt a twinge of disappointment that the viruses weren't being very grateful. "Still, maybe they just don't realize it yet, or something?"

"Oh, they're going to!" Another claw weapon formed over Martia's right hand, identical to the one on her left from earlier. Standing up properly thanks to the electricity subsiding, she started to dig them a bit into the side of...wherever she was. Come to think of it, they were on platforms above an area where raw information transferred. How was she in a regular pit-like area, and not falling into oblivion or anything? The net was a weird place...oh well, she wasn't going to figure it out by standing there. Or probably ever. Anyway, she had claws, and she had a surface to use them with. And so, by digging into the sides with them, she started to climb her way back to where things made sense. It wasn't exactly easy, even with her physical prowess, but at least it got better once she managed to get a rhythm going.

Upon reaching the top, the fighter Navi realized that Lyn was there, ready to lend a helping hand; she'd been too focused on getting out to notice anything else. Not wanting to refuse a helping hand, she deactivated one of her claws, and let herself be towed up to the surface. Well, sorta, as since she was still the physically stronger of the two, she still needed her remaining claw to prop her up. "Yeah, and I've got a nice present for those guys...leave them to me, all right? Don't go too close to them, though, since it'll get nice and dangerous up there...but don't worry, if it all goes well, I won't be in any trouble, either!" With that, she started to run over to the next, not blasted by lightning at all platform. That said, she had some words for some certain other electrical viruses..."Listen up, you ungrateful jerks! I got you out from being stuck in that...thing's gravity field! You should be ashamed of yourselves for still attacking me! I'll give you another chance to not act like total jerks, though. Just sit tight, and be good little Bunnies and don't attack either me or my friend. And if you do that, we won't touch you! Unless you like being petted or something, then we will. But shoot one more ring at either of us, and we'll smash you into junk data! Got it?" It was almost weird talking to a group of viruses like that, but if it worked, that was one fewer headache to worry about. Which was good, because there were still several of those around...

[Order of Turn:
1-Stunned
2-Escape Broken terrain with aid from RageClaw (Movement)
3-Escape Broken terrain with aid from RageClaw (Movement)
4-Head for Platform C/Berate Bunnies for being jerkwads]
Lyntael compressed the air under her and then used it to propelled herself out of the hole and across the glass walkway to end up on the platform that Martia was on, while Martia reeled at the bottom of another hole under the effects of the electricity paralyzing her movements. Electricity surged from Lyntael and covered her in a protective barrier as she extended an ecstatic hand to help Martia out of her predicament. Martia climbed out with a combination claw-hands and Lyntael's help. Mad at the Bunnies for being jerkwads and the constant lightning strikes from the floating RemoteBits, Martia started running across the next span to the next platform. Working her way up to the masters at the top while berating the Bunnies for their poor sportsmanship.

Shockingly (har!) the Bunnies actually hesitated at Martia's harsh words and did not attack, or make any aggressive movements. The RemoteBits, however, swarmed towards Martia as she ran upwards at the Twisties, raining lightning down upon her as she crosses the walkway. Only one strikes her as she outruns the other two bolts and the homing tornado, plunging her into another hole. This one filled with glass (ouch!). The glass walkway shows a few cracks all around where the hole appeared, taking up almost the entire walkway. Surprisingly the walkway doesn't shatter and send the Navi plummeting to her doom.

-Viruses-
TyphoonB: DELETED

BigBang: DELETED

-Objects-
GMD: 50HP [Platform B]
RemoteBitA: ??? [Walkway B to C]
RemoteBitB: ??? [Walkway B to C]
RemoteBitC: ??? [Walkway B to C]

-Ascending Terrain-
Platform A [10% Normal] [10% Broken]
Platform B [15% Normal] [5% Broken]
Walkway B to C [0% Glass] [5% Broken]
Platform C [20% Normal]
Platform D [20% Normal]

-Navis-
Martia.EXE: 1600HP [Walkway B to C] [Broken] [RageClaw1: 4/6]
Lyntael.EXE: 150HP [Platform B] [Normal] [20HP Barrier]

Quote (Terrain)

Broken (Restricted)
A hole in the ground, but not bottomless.
Reverts to Normal after a time, if no-one is in the pit.
Dodges can fail if RP isn't acceptable, doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
Takes 1 to 4 Movement actions to climb back out if you fall or jump in, depending on your mode of climbing out.
This panel type can be generated by Signatures, but only in smaller quantities.
...Again? Seriously? Did lightning have some sort of code against attacking its own kind or anything? Either that, or she rolled around in virus pheromones before the battle without remembering it. But perhaps the saddest part was that by now, she wasn't a bit surprised by it. Martia gently shook her head, and started RageClawing her way up and out of the latest hole. She still wasn't sure how she wasn't falling into oblivion, but she noticed that she cared much less this time around. She just wanted to get out, get to where the Twisty were, and blow them into tiny bits with far more pleasure than she should derive from such an incident. But at this rate, it'd be morning again before she reached it...fortunately, he had an idea on how to make that a non-factor.

Upon reaching the top, the fighter Navi dusted herself off, somehow managing to not rip any of her outfit with her claws, and motioned to Lyn. "Lyn, I think I'm gonna need your help with this...I know you never take chips from your own operator, but just this once, is it okay if I give you one?"

"Come to think of it, why don't you do that more often?"

"It's how she fights. It's weird, for sure, but we don't have the right to make her change it, now do we?"

"...I get your point. So, why are we giving her something now?"

"Because Lyn can do this a whole lot faster than me. Now, can you send me that BoyBomb?"

"That's still a weird name for a chip...wonder if there's a GirlBomb somewhere out there?" Anyway, one chip, coming right up. "BattleChip, BoyBomb! Slot in!"

Instead of the explosive instantly forming, a ball of data formed in Martia's hands. She tossed it over to her partner, who should be able to catch it without activating it. "Okay, here's the plan. I wanted to use that chip myself, but I think we can all agree that's not going to happen. So, I know you can jump really high or something, since you got out of a hole way easier than me. I want you to do that again, to jump up to that upper platform where the Twisty are. Then, get in the middle of them, activate that chip, then run. Don't walk, run. You have to get out of that chip's blast zone, or else...well, I'm not totally comfortable with having someone do this because of that, but it's the only real option we've got now..." There was a real risk that if whoever set the BoyBomb couldn't escape in time, they'd get blown up to kingdom come along with the viruses. It was why she really wished she could do it herself, but since the Twisty obviously weren't having that...she just hoped that things would go without a hitch. They were certainly due for that.

Once Lyn started executing the plan, the martial artist did the unthinkable, and simply sat down at the edge of the pit she'd just gotten out of. "First things first...Leslie, I think I could use a little healing here."

"Right..." According to her expert mathematical mind, her Navi had taken enough damage to make sure that none of the chip's healing power was wasted. That was kinda sad, in a way..."BattleChip, Recover80! Slot in!"

Martia somehow managed to end up more pink, as she glowed in the color while her internal systems repaired themselves from lots and lots of lightning strikes. As she waited for that to finish, she looked over at the Bunnies, and smiled. "Thanks for not attacking! Tell you what. Don't attack us, and we won't attack you, okay? ...Actually, I just thought of something. There's a place that wants to gather viruses from all over the world, to display for everyone to learn about them. They'd remove your ability to hurt anything, but otherwise you'd just live your lives in total peace and comfort, without worrying about getting deleted! They'd take care of you, feed you, all that! And since you're decent enough to not just blindly attack, I think you'd be just who they're looking for! I can transfer you there if you want, but I'm not going to twist your ears or anything about it. What do you think?" She looked over at the pink electrical viruses, looking for any nods, or other motions that would signify a yes answer. And if not...well, she wasn't lying. As long as they didn't fling around ZapRings, she was perfectly fine with not fighting them anymore.

[Order of Turn:
1-Escape Broken terrain with aid from RageClaw (Movement)
2-Escape Broken terrain with aid from RageClaw (Movement)]
3-Send over BoyBomb1 chip to Lyn (220, N/A, Blast 3, detonates at start of next turn or when destroyed, 100 HP object)
4-Recover80 chip on Martia (80, Recovery)]