The Deep End of the Women's Bath

"... You know, I'm a bit disappointed." announced Anyis as she made her landing within the depths of Yoka Rogue Net. Magna landed not far behind, creating a big splash as his wide bum crashed into the water.

"... What? Why?" asked Mill suspiciously, while working a screwdriver against the screws pinning the water filter's control panel to the wall.

"The old lady seemed like the sort to forget that the bath was still open, so you should've walked in to a flock of naked girls, and with that I would've had something to tease you with for months on end. What am I supposed to do without that?" explained Anyis, mincing no words as she detailed her expectations.

"What the hell... Just go find some viruses already, I've got my own work to do too." sighed Mill, who just had to put the screwdriver down and shake his head upon hearing that.

"Fine..." grumbled Anyis as she began walking.

(Battle 1 Start)
The grumbling navi, accompanied by her golem, came across one of many onsen pools randomly placed over the Yoka Net. However, the steam let out from the pool began to creep towards Anyis, only to form into a Misty virus! Three Piranhas also popped out from the Onsen, making the nice little resort into a death trap!

Misty2A: 260 HP
Piranha2A: 120 HP
Piranha2B: 120 HP
Piranha2B: 120 HP

Terrain: 100% Onsen

Anyis.EXE: 220 HP
Magna.SP: 80 HP

-ROGUE BATTLE ONE, START!-
"Ah, found some viruses." announced Anyis, though her mind was still on something else. "... Well, maybe some girls can still walk in if the manager forgot to put the closed sign on the door."

"Why are you stuck on that?!" groaned Mill in disbelief, though he couldn't help but cast a nervous glance towards the door after Anyis brought up the idea again. "A-anyway, I'm going to send you two your swimming GMOs along with the chips since this network seems to be pretty wet."

Anyis looked down at this comment, and noticed that she was up to her knees in spring water. Her boots were completely waterlogged... "Yeah, that's probably a good idea..." she sighed, praying that they'd dry out by the time she jacked out. That process soon got underway, as Anyis's robe, boots, gloves, and bodysuit were all exchanged for her swimsuit in a flash of light. Magna, as well, became more water savvy when his buoy bottom was equipped, making him float back up to the surface of the hot spring. Finally, Anyis had a long katana in her hands.

"... Okay, wait, what does this have to do with swimming?" asked Anyis as she examined the sword.

"You're going to need something to fight the viruses, unless you just want to splash them with spring water until they're dead. Pretend it's a harpoon or something if you want to keep the water theme going." answered Mill derisively.

"Operator, I seem to have been equipped with the GutPunch?" questioned Magna, twisted his arm around to look at the yellow armor that had encased his right hand.

"You're just about back to Navi power now, Magna, so I figured why not give you a shot at a virus or two yourself." explained Mill in a much less rude manner.

"Understood Operator, I will do my best." nodded Magna, who despite appearances was pretty excited by the prospect of being up at real fighting strength again.

"That's great and all, but I don't think the viruses are going to wait around while you two celebrate." sighed Anyis as she activated her FloatShoes, allowing her to place one bare foot on the water's surface and push herself to stand upright above the hot spring. With her footing now stable, Anyis gripped the hilt of the katana with both hands and stared down the middle one of the three Piranhas. Before either side could even blink, Anyis rushed the aquatic virus and pulled the sword to her side, swinging it around in a long horizontal cut as soon as she got in range. Instead of backing off after that, though, Anyis pulled the katana back up over her head and struck the Piranha once more with a vertical cut.

Before turning her blade on another virus, Anyis pointed the tip of the katana behind the first Piranha and shouted, "Boogeyman!", summoning her shove-happy ghostly servant on the spot. With no hesitation, Boogeyman flung his arms forward, launching himself into the virus and trying to push it over towards Magna.

Recognizing this maneuver, Magna propelled himself towards the Piranha, using a jet of water from his buoy form to ride atop the hot spring. In transit, Magna assembled his favorite tower shield in his left hand, and raised it as he approached the virus. When he was in range, Magna threw his armored fist at the fish, jabbing at the virus head-on. The golem took one more shot at his opponent, pulling his fist into an uppercut to strike at the Piranha's jaw before backing off and letting Anyis continue her own work.

While Magna was getting violent with his own Piranha, Anyis had already turned on the third and final fish to unleash her katana. She repeated her two-cut combo from before, making a wide horizontal swing at the virus before twisting the sword back up and bringing it down on the fish's head. While it was powerful, the katana lacked durability and started developing cracks through it with that last swing before shattering into pieces. With her weapon now gone, Anyis turned around quickly to try and spot her remaining opponents. "Mill! I need something for that steamy guy!" shouted Anyis as she roughly spotted the virus amongst the vapors emitting from the hot spring.

"Relax, relax, I sent you something already. Just, uh... be careful with it." warned Mill as he got back to work on the control panel.

"Be carefu... Oh." said Anyis with confusion before triggering the chip, but when the U-shaped magnet of the MagBolt appeared in the palm of her webbed glove, she understood well enough. She was Aqua, the virus was Aqua, they were standing on water... "Yeah, I'll be careful."

Anyis instinctively took a few steps back just to make sure she wasn't standing in the funky mist of this virus. Using this electrical chip properly required absolutely no connection between her and the Misty, otherwise she'd be just as crispy as the virus afterward. "Well... Come on over, foggy fingers..." muttered Anyis as she cautiously activated the magnetic pull of the chip, attempting to draw the Misty in before shocking it. When the chip discharged, Anyis immediately disengaged from it and ran clear away from that scene. As an Aqua Navi, respecting the power of electricity meant fearing it too...

Anyis's Actions:
--Divewear.GMO
1) Katana1 (60 damage, Slashing, Wide Attack + 60 damage, Slashing, Long Attack) @ Piranha2B
--Boogeyman (Passive Knockback): Push Piranha2A to Magna
2) Katana1 (60 damage, Slashing, Wide Attack + 60 damage, Slashing, Long Attack) @ Piranha2C
3) MagBolt1 (90 x3 Elec damage, Stun, Magnetic Pull) @ Misty2A
4) Dodge
5) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
--Buoy.GMO
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (3 Hit Shield, Passive)
1) GutPunch (70 damage, Impact, Knockback) @ Piranha2A
2) GutPunch (70 damage, Impact, Knockback) @ Piranha2A
3) Dodge
A piranha jumped hungrily out of the water towards Anyis, snapping its jaws menacingly. In an alternate universe, it probably latched hold of her swimsuit and ripped it to shreds in an arousing fashion. Instead, she cut it to sushi mid-air. With the aid of the handy Boogeyman, she launched one of the unwary fish towards her golem.

Hitting a fish mid-air with your fist isn't an easy task. People train in movie montages utilizing mountain streams for this sort of thing. Magna managed to land one punch on the virus, but then its mid-air flop helped it dodge the other. Turning, the virus fired a flurry of spears from its gaping mouth into his shield, blasting the gnarled metal away from him with sheer force. Another hail of spears came from another Piranha, but Manga barely managed a buoy-aided dodge.

Anyis cut down the offending Piranha, sending another severed fish-head in to the water. Intending to finish up, she used her magbolt and drew the single Misty virus towards herself; the virus looked like a streak of steam as it flew rapidly towards her. The Misty let out a menacing snarl and vanished into mist right as Anyis tried to attack, causing her electric fist to miss! With a deafening roar, the virus turned into a massive pair of watery jaws and attempted to clamp down on her, but it missed her by a tantalizing purple hair.

Piranha2A: 50 HP
Piranha2B: DELETED

Anyis.EXE: 220 HP (Divewear.GMO)
Magna.SP: 80 HP (Buoy.GMO)
After dodging the attack from the amorphous Misty, Anyis took a lengthy look at her right hand, where the MagBolt had been set just moments ago. "... Am I really just that bad with this thing?" she sighed, her voice overcome with self-pity and a sense of defeat.

"The viruses aren't just going to sit around and wait while you mope..." chided Mill as he popped off the cover to the bath's control panel, which promptly assaulted him with the scent of burnt wires and circuitry. "Kuh, that's awful..." wheezed Mill as he turned his nose away from the stench. "... Wait, you're pitying yourself? That's not like you at all."

"Go ahead and tell me how many times I've made that chip work." retorted Anyis quickly.

"... Well, there was that one time... Uh... Yeah, you've definitely made it work before." answered Mill, finding himself unable to count past... one. Yikes. "Tell you what... I'll send some more chips, and I know these work. Maybe my MagBolt's just faulty." said Mill as he tried to cheer up Anyis, although he admittedly was just as concerned with getting his job done as he was with his Navi's mental well-being.

"... Hmph, like I asked for that." muttered Anyis, quickly snapping back to her usual mood upon realizing that she was fishing for sympathy... from Mill, of all people. Oh the disgrace. Either way, the chips were coming, and even Anyis couldn't hide her happiness when her webbed right glove transformed into a chainmail gauntlet, only to in turn be frozen over entirely as her hand clamped into a fist. Now... it was debatable how effective a ColdPunch would be against this strange fog creature, but Anyis sure as hell was going to enjoy finding out.

As his master attempted to beat the Misty apart one water molecule at a time, Magna... well, he was doing his thing. Being tasked earlier with taking out one of the Piranhas, Magna was fully committed to defeating this virus entirely. Since that had yet to happen, the duel continued. The Pirahna had handily dispatched his tower shield with an arrow attack, but Magna was no worse off as he quickly assembled a second shield to replace the first. Surprisingly, Magna found himself quite agile on the water, able to deke out and around the fish virus's blows. Maybe there was something noteworthy to this idea of having a round bottom to pivot on instead of the flat block he's used to... Well, regardless, for all the potential dodging he could do, Magna still had to punch the damn thing. So he did, jabbing at the fish with as much force as you'd expect from a 10 foot tall golem.

At this point Anyis had been swinging at the Misty for some time with her ColdPunch, blissfully unaware that Mill had actually sent two chips, and that the mist she had been spreading around with her punches was starting to amass around her left hand. She didn't remain unaware for long, though, as when Anyis took an instinctive swing with what she thought was her bare hand, a giant palm of mist and fog erupted forth, plowing into the opposing water vapors of the Misty. For how satisfying it always was for Anyis to use her MistConv, this one honestly caught her by surprise. She had used it before she was even aware she had it, so the fog fist blasting out like that made her disengage from the fight and jump back in defense. Once she realized what happened, Anyis just opted to stay on defense and see if she had done enough damage already.

Anyis's Actions:
1) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage, Impact, Knockback) @ Misty2A
2) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage, Impact, Knockback) @ Misty2A
3) MistConv (125 Aqua damage, Impact) @ Misty2A
4) Dodge
5) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
1) GutPunch (70 damage, Impact, Knockback) @ Piranha2A
2) Dodge
3) Dodge
Anyis unleashed a literal punching flurry on the virus, who tried to avoid it, but after failing, completely stopped and remained still...and for good reason, as it turned out. Aside from being knocked back a bit by the ColdPunch, it seemed as though nothing had happened to it at all. At least the golem's attack proved more effective, as the Piranha was smashed into nothing.

Deciding to return the favor to the Navi, the Misty formed into a large, ethereal fist, and swung at her. Luckily, it ended up truly returning the favor, as Anyis easily avoided it, allowing the stalemate to continue...

Piranha2A: DELETED

Anyis.EXE: 220 HP (ColdPunch: 4/6 uses) (Divewear.GMO)
Magna.SP: 80 HP (GutPunch: 3/6 uses) (Buoy.GMO)
"Oi... this %@#^ isn't affected by ice or water, is it?" muttered Anyis with some very colorful language. Her right eye started twitching as Anyis's rage and irritation built up, and she was clenching her fist so hard that the ColdPunch encasing her arm was starting to crack under the stress. "... Miiill!!!"

The sheer force of Anyis's screaming actually made her PET jump off the tile floor it was resting on, which was loud enough in itself to get Mill's attention if he for some reason lapsed into a period of deafness while his Navi was yelling his name. At the time, Mill was picking at a burnt resistor on the filter's motherboard with an especially pointed pair of forceps, which of course went flying sky high when he heard the scream. By some miracle, rather than piercing his ear or something of the sort, the forceps spun in such a way that they slipped onto the arm of Mill's glasses, dangling harmlessly at the corner of his eye as a bead of sweat rolled down his cheek. Holy...

"What?!?!" hissed Mill through a whisper as he violently grabbed his PET, after removing the forceps from his eyewear. Figuring that everyone in the whole damned inn heard that, he brought the conversation down to minimum volume in hopes to not draw any questions from the manager.

"This... this... this THING is immune to water. FIX IT." growled Anyis as she continued to engage the Misty.

"Fine, fine! Just don't try to freaking KILL ME next time!!!" responded Mill quickly, wasting little time in forcefully jamming a new chip into the PET before placing it back on the floor and sliding it away from his work.

Anyis made no particular effort to conceal her new weapon from the virus, as both her frozen hand and bare one came to grasp the handle of an unreasonably large hammer. Unfortunately for the Misty, and possibly everyone else, the situation had long since passed the level of "unreasonable" in Anyis's mind.

In what she hadn't actually done in a while, Anyis began channeling ghost data from the sky, sending the broken bits and bytes coursing through her system en route to the BigHammer. Her orange eyes illuminated as they always did during this process, but this time in particular the glow seemed a bit... ferocious. Anger? Probably... no, no, it totally was anger. Pure, raw, untempered anger, which by this point had flooded the BigHammer to the point that the thing was like... 3 times bigger than it should've been. Good lord was this ridiculous. Armed now with the hammer that was nothing if not comically huge, Anyis brought it down onto the battlefield, creating a colossal splash of spring water as the bludgeon's face made contact with all kinds of liquid, with every intent of the Misty being one of those liquids...

Anyis's Actions:
1) Channel Surf (200 Strengthen, 5TCD)
2) BiiiiiiigHammer1 (360 damage, Impact, Break) @ Misty2A

--TURN SPLICE--
Even the most formless of viruses were no match for giant, spiritually enhanced hammers. Anyis proved this by completely crushing the Misty responsible for her rage. Yep, someone was going to have to scrape it off the floor now. And considering it was made of mist, that said something.

Misty2A: SUBATOMICALLY SMASHED
Piranha2A: DELETED

Anyis.EXE: 220 HP (ColdPunch: 4/6 uses) (Divewear.GMO)
Magna.SP: 80 HP (GutPunch: 3/6 uses) (Buoy.GMO)

---BATTLE ONE, COMPLETE
---MISTY SMASH

Rewards: MistConvergence2 BattleChip data, 1500z, 31 BugFrags
"Ha... ha... ha..." gasped Anyis as her BigHammer disappeared along with whatever sad mess was left of the Misty. Her heavy breathing soon quickened in pace as the same sounds turned into laughter. "Hahahahaha! Eat that! Like I care if you're immune to water and ice! Look, I even beat your chip data out of you! You weren't expecting that, were you?!" Anyis's gloating was starting to sound maniacal, until something dawned on her that made her quiet down. "... What chip is this anyway?" she asked while picking up the packet of data.

"...? Oh right, Magna's the only one who has fought a Misty before." said Mill, who had no choice but to walk away from his work and pick up his PET. Anyis's crazy laughter was waaay too distracting. "It's a new MistConv. You know, your favorite chip ever or something like that." he answered with a deadpanned voice, unsure of how his Navi would react to such a boon.

"...!!!" was all Mill could make out from Anyis. It was some kind of gleeful... squeal? Squeak? Scream? Whatever it was, it sure wasn't words. "FOLDER. PUT IT IN NOW." demanded Anyis as she finally rediscovered her vocabulary. The wide-eyed, child-like look on her face was utterly ridiculous. If Anyis had a tail like a dog, it would be wagging back and forth 5 times a second for how excited she was. Mill ended up taking a screencap of his Navi's image for later devious purposes before responding.

"Hold on, hold on, I need to take something out first..." sighed Mill, who shuffled through his folder for a bit before ultimately swapping out the little-used Bubbler for Anyis's new crown gem. "... That said, you alright, Magna? You've been quiet."

"I am fully functional, Operator. I have merely been consuming my allotment of Bugfrags while the Mother Unit reveled in her victory." explained Magna, who indeed had been spewing orange radiance across the hot spring with each new Bugfrag he slipped into his mouth.

"Ah, alright, that's good. Once you're done, could you like... pick up Anyis and move on? I think she's going to be frozen in place until she gets to use that chip..." requested Mill, after taking a quick glance at his Navi to see her still right up against his original viewing window with hands clasped in front of her face.

"Understood, Operator." nodded Magna, who then drifted across the water, unceremoniously picked up Anyis with one hand, and sat her on his shoulder. The lack of resistance on her part confirmed Mill's suspicions, because this girl was entirely checked out. "Shall we now proceed to locate additional viruses to engage, Operator?" queried Magna.

"Yeah, please do. At least I can count on you to focus while I do my own work..." nodded Mill, who happily took a rare instance of Anyis becoming submissive to get back to repairing the bath's control panel.

(Battle 2 Start)
Anyis and Magna, still in their silly GMOs, ventured forward with pure optimism running in their veins thanks to their brand new chip. This time, it looked like they were starting to get a bit closer to the source of their bath problem. Amongst the pool of water in the center were three small whirlpools, not strong enough to pull anyone in, but still a giant hole in the water.

The viruses began to literally pop out from these whirlpools and faced the two silly navis, obviously trying to stand their way against whatever the Anyis was trying to achieve!

SwirlyA: 140 HP
SwirlyB: 140 HP
Nautilus2A: 120 HP [50 HP Bubblewrap]
Nautilus2B: 120 HP [50 HP Bubblewrap]
RareVaccumFan: 200 HP [Normal]

Terrain: 30% Normal, 55% Sea, 15% Whirlpool (Missing)

Anyis.EXE: 220 HP (Divewear.GMO) [Sea]
Magna.SP: 80 HP (Buoy.GMO) [Sea]

-ROGUE BATTLE TWO, START!-
"Viruses...!" muttered Anyis suddenly from atop Magna's shoulder. Sure enough, the wind began picking up and the whirlpool began churning, and before long the two fighters were squaring off with a quintet of viruses. How exactly Anyis knew that was going to happen was a mystery, but perhaps she was just so revved up to use her new chip that she was ready to destroy the first thing on the entire Net that flinched. "Gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme-" chanted Anyis repeatedly as she began fidgeting.

"Okay, okay, hold on!" shouted Mill in response, having failed to accomplish much of anything in the interim between battles. The new chip was still sitting atop the clump in his pocket, having only just been placed there, but as Mill reached for additional chips, a thought made him hesitate. Was it really a good idea to send Anyis a full arsenal right now? God knows how trigger-happy she's feeling, so what could result... Oh dear. Furthermore... "Just please get off of Magna first. I don't want you hitting him on the backswing or something..." requested Mill as he ultimately delivered just the one new chip.

Thankfully, Anyis heeded Mill's plea, and hopped off her SP's shoulder to land flat-footed on the water via her FloatShoes. A shiver of excitement ran through her body as she surveyed her possible targets, before settling her focus on the first Swirly to have hopped out of the whirlpool. Beads of water quickly started rising up from the sea to gather around Anyis's webbed swimming glove, as was normal when she used her MistConv, but this time... was it not going to stop? The amount of water condensing around her hand was just obscene... Double the volume... Triple the volume... Quadruple the volume... Wow, this MistConv hand was actually big enough to entirely wrap up Magna, all 10 feet of him. Tears suddenly began welling up in Anyis's eyes, solely because this was just so damn awesome for her. "This is... I... Oh nevermind, I'm just going to use it!" announced Anyis as she wiped the few tears away with her free hand. She twisted her mist-coated hand around her body, then swung it back around in a chopping motion, causing the stronger MistConv to stretch out until a giant hand of water was gliding across the sea en route to crash into the Swirly.

"I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoyed that..." sighed Anyis contently as the MistConv hand evaporated. With that excitement out of her system, it seemed that she was back to normal. Well... mentally, anyway. The strong winds from the RareVacuumFan didn't give much respect to Anyis's personal moment, so her hair was in as much of a mess as it usually was in an encounter with this type of virus.

"... So now that you're back in the present world with the rest of us, want to destroy that fan before it sucks you both into the whirlpool?" offered Mill, well aware of how much Anyis hated having her hair messed up.

"... Yes, I want to destroy that damn vacuum cleaner." grumbled Anyis as she fought to remove the mass of purple hair from her line of vision.

"Great, then here you go." said Mill as a Rockcube dropped in front of Anyis with a splash as it hit the seawater. "Make sure to use it quick before it sinks."

"... And what the hell am I supposed to do with this?" questioned Anyis with a suspicious eye towards the block of stone.

"The fan's sucking everything in towards it, so just launch the Rockcube, let it fly, and everything else should sort itself out." explained Mill.

"Hmm... I see. Might as well give it a try. Boogeyman!" shouted Anyis, pointing in front of the Rockcube to designate where her spectral servant appeared. With his orders already registered upon summoning, Boogeyman dipped his hands under the water, grabbing the edge of the Rockcube with his fingers before it sank too far. Boogeyman then lifted the block back up above the water with a seemingly impossible display of strength, before striking the object with the palm of his hands to send it soaring up over the array of Aqua viruses and into the pull of the RareVacuumFan's winds.

"And, for good measure, let's just take a shot at the other viruses and see what happens." added Mill as he slotted in one final chip, which would prove to be a nasty one given the situation.

"... Oh come on, ElecReel with all this water? Do you even CARE what happens to me?" groaned Anyis as the launcher for the lightning bolts of the ElecReel equipped to her hand.

"There's some distance between you and them, so it should be fine. You just focus on avoid retaliation attacks after that, and Magna, you get your defenses up and do the same." ordered Mill of his Navi and SP.

"Well, whatever... Not sure what's got you so worried about defense, but we'll deal with it. Magna, gimme some room to shoot this crazy thing." said Anyis as she waived the dangerous weapon around rather carelessly.

"Understood, Mother Unit. Defense shall be my primary purpose until further notice." nodded Magna as he engaged both his barrier and shield in the blink of an eye. He then scooted off to the side a bit in preparation for the incoming fireworks.

With all the conditions cleared, Anyis really had nothing left to do but fire the ElecReel and pray. She made her primary target one of the Nautilus twins, remembering from a prior encounter in Sharo that those bubble barriers couldn't block static cling, let alone this. Lifting the launcher slightly upwards to help avoid electrocuting herself, Anyis took a deep breath and fired, sending arcing bolts of electricity across the sea towards the virus group. The resulting flash of light was so bright it was almost blinding, forcing Anyis, along with Magna, to do little more than back off and watch for potential danger.

Anyis's Actions:
1) MistConv2 (175 Aqua damage, Impact) @ SwirlyA
2) Rockcube (200 HP Object)
--Boogeyman (Passive Knockback): Push Rockcube (200 damage) @ RareVacuumFan
3) ElecReel1 (80 Elec damage + ???, Spread 3 (Side+Behind)) @ Nautilus2A/Nautilus2B/SwirlyA/SwirlyB
4) Dodge
5) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
1) Core Field (80 HP Barrier, 2TCD) @ Self
2) Dodge
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Core Field - 2 turns
Big smashy things make Anyis happy, and so she gladly slammed her massive thing into the Swirly's face. It was so awed at its size and manliness that it was blown clear out of the water with tears of joy. Also deleted but who cares about that. A RockCube was spawned next, and Boogeyman helped it on its course towards the fan, which was pretty much dead once the cube's weight smashed it into little bits. The remaining Swirly swirled into view, just as an electrical extravaganza racked a Nautilus. The virus attacks that followed were mostly ineffective, as Anyis and Magna went about maneuvering around them.

SwirlyA: DELETED
SwirlyB: 140 HP
Nautilus2A: DELETED
Nautilus2B: 120 HP [50 HP Bubblewrap]
RareVaccumFan: DELETED

Magna.SP: 80 HP (Buoy.GMO) [Sea] (40HP Barrier) (3-Hit Shield)
"Alright, that looks a bit better." announced Anyis as she finished patting her hair back down to its normal arrangement. Well, she could have instead been referring to the scattered wreckage from the collision of the Rockcube and RareVacuumFan. Seeing as that virus was what caused her hair problems in the first place, Anyis was likely very pleased by this result.

"Hey now... Can't you deal with your hair later? There are still viruses left, and I don't think they care how pretty you look." sighed Mill as he watched his Navi preen herself.

"Mill, Mill, Mill... You really don't understand women at all." replied Anyis with a look of disappointment on her face as she turned to face her Operator's view window. "I can only imagine how much Lilia's been suffering over the years."

"I don't... Wait, what does that have to do with anything?!" said a surprised and moderately embarrassed Mill. "Look, just take these chips and attack the viruses. Magna, you have the Swirly, and Anyis, you have the Nautilus. I need to swap out this resistor on the motherboard, so try to take care of yourselves." Mill was issuing the battle plan well enough, but it was obvious to anyone watching that he was fidgeting and still unsettled by what Anyis said.

Naturally, this reaction produced a coy grin on the Navi's face. "Nothing, nothing, it's not important~" snickered Anyis as an array of Battlechips was delivered to her. As she examined her stock, Anyis looked to her SP and asked, "You have everything you need, Magna?"

"I am properly equipped, Mother Unit." replied Magna, who aside from equipping the GutPunch Mill sent still had his shield and barrier intact from the previous round of attacks. "I will now engage my target, if that is acceptable."

"You're really enjoying having some of your power back, aren't you?" queried Anyis, surprised by the golem's rare show of initiative.

"Yes." answered Magna bluntly, rushing headlong into battle after finally revealing that he had been a bit bothered about his downgrade from Navi to SP. But now... He had most of his processing speed back, he had a shield and barrier, and he had a big yellow fist to punch things with. Propelled at unexpected speeds by the water jet under his buoy, Magna glided across the seawater until he met face to face... well, okay, Magna completely towered over the Swirly, but the two were still within melee range of each other regardless. With a shield in one hand and a clenched fist as the other, Magna threw a flurry of punches at the crab virus, each one making more of a point that the last that he could fight again now.

While her SP did that, Anyis began pelting the Nautilus with various tools of destruction. While Mill had sent her the AquaKnife, probably to pop that bubble around the virus... Anyis really didn't feel like running all the way over there just to use one melee chip. So, as a result, Anyis gripped the icy dagger between two of her fingers, then with a flick of her wrist, flung the blade forward at the virus. The AquaKnife was a... throwing knife, then? Well, alright. Why Anyis was too lazy to move from her current range became clear as she used her next two chips, the doubles of the IceWave crystal Mill had in his possession. She had one ice fragment in each hand, but Anyis wasn't such an ambidextrous goddess that she could pitch with both hands simultaneously. So, being right-handed, Anyis flung the crystal in that one first, before shifting the second from her left to the right and doing the same once more.

With no more chips left, Anyis took a moment to see the results of her ranged assault, and what the Nautilus might do about it was it not dead. Somehow, though, Anyis just felt like she needed... more. Maybe it was that bubble barrier making her think that she hadn't done enough damage. Mill was busy, unfortunately, so she couldn't exactly ask for more chips. "... Meh, might as well." shrugged Anyis, before clapping her hands together and making the webbed gloves transform into chainmail gauntlets. She immediately charged herself full of ghost data, which condensed to the point where it became a visible swirl around her hands. With the needed energy channeled, Anyis thrusted both her armor-clad fists forward, summoning the spectral form of her Titan spirit to charge at the Nautilus. The monster roared and howled as it advanced, splitting the water below as it moved, before ultimately swinging its two hands down like a hammer on the virus.

Anyis's Actions:
1) AquaKnife (85 Aqua damage, Slashing) @ Nautilus2B
2) IceWave1 (105 Aqua damage, Freeze) @ Nautilus2B
3) IceWave1 (105 Aqua damage, Freeze) @ Nautilus2B
4) Dodge
5) Titan Revival (140 Aqua damage, Phasing, 4TCD) @ Nautilus2B

Magna's Actions:
1) GutPunch (70 damage, Impact, Knockback) @ SwirlyB
2) GutPunch (70 damage, Impact, Knockback) @ SwirlyB
3) GutPunch (70 damage, Impact, Knockback) @ SwirlyB

Cooldowns:
Core Field - 1 turn
Titan Revival - 4 turns
GutPunch fiesta! Magna showed some real (?) forwardness with his fists of fury, though he wasn't able to do much except land a stray hit on the Swirly while it spun around like crazy. Meanwhile, Anyis was dealing with a Nautilus, whose AquaTower attacks were looking really flimsy about then. It tried dodging away, but all was for naught when the ice-based Navi pummeled it with a barrage of ice attacks. Her last attack wasn't even needed; her IceWaves were sufficient. Thus, without a place to go, the Titan swerved over to the remaining Swirly and took it out.

SwirlyA: DELETED
SwirlyB: DELETED
Nautilus2A: DELETED
Nautilus2B: DELETED
RareVaccumFan: DELETED

Magna.SP: 80 HP (Buoy.GMO) [Sea] (40HP Barrier) (3-Hit Shield)

-- ROGUE BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

2100z, 36 BugFrags
"Well, we're done here." announced Anyis after all the loot had been... looted. "How about you, Mill? Got that resistor swapped out yet?"

"..." Mill offered no response to his Navi, instead remaining in a state of intense focus as he tried to get the tiny little arms of the new resistor into the holes on the motherboard with little more than his forceps and a guesstimate. He was working with about half the diameter threading a needle would offer, and he would NOT be disrupted for any reason right now.

"... Well, okay, I'm just going to assume he'll be good to go by the time we find more viruses. Come on Magna, finish up your Bugfrags and let's go." said Anyis with a shrug before motioning with a wave of her hand for her SP to follow.

"Under... stood... Mother Unit." responded Magna slowly as he popped the last few clumps of strange data into his mouth. His core energy made quick work of them, incinerating the Bugfrags into the proper resources and making a somewhat impressive light show at the same time. Anyis had long since gotten bored of that, though, so he had to hurry and catch up to the Navi who had already walked off.

(Battle 3 Start)
As Anyis went along mostly ignoring her operator, she came across a massive hot-spring pool, which didn't seem to have any caretakers about it. A circle of rocks surrounded it, around which some mud seems to have been left. Looking further out into the spring, she noticed a certain virus's decorated pot sitting in the middle, accompanied by two Cloudy viruses. The Cloudy was alerted to her presence, and crackled with thunder. This attracted even more viruses, which was a trio of flopping mudfish, flipping themselves about the edge of the pool.

-- ENEMIES --
WaterDragon: 250 HP (In pot) (onsen)
Cloudier A: 140 HP (onsen)
Cloudier A: 140 HP (onsen)
Muckfeesh A: 100 HP (mud)
Muckfeesh B: 100 HP (mud)
Muckfeesh C: 100 HP (mud)

-- ALLIES --
Anyis.EXE: 220 HP (Normal)
Magna.SP: 80 HP (Normal)

-- TERRAIN --
65% Onsen (pool itself)
20% Mud (around pool)
15% Normal (edge of mud)

-- ROGUE BATTLE 03, READY? START!! --
Arriving at a land bridge separating the prior sea with another hot spring, Magna switched back to his normal body, seeing as he couldn't even stand upright on dry land with his buoy base. Anyis, meanwhile, just nonchalantly hopped up out of the water still clad in her swimsuit, with no particular intent to change back. This was Yoka Net, in the control system for a bath... Yeah, if she wasn't wet now, she was going to be again soon enough. And much to her ire, judging from the Muckfeesh up ahead, mud was also in her future.

"... Hrm..." muttered Anyis as she scoped out the aforementioned fish, the cloud viruses, and the earthen pot the clouds were guarding as if they were some kind of mafia henchmen. "Mill, you still busy?" asked Anyis, who waited... waited... waited... for a response that didn't come. "Guess so. Welp, I know one thing to do." With that declaration, Anyis repeated a process from not so long ago: gather ghost data, channel into gauntlets, turn fists palm-up, pull arms back, thrust arms forward, and unleash the unholy, vengeful spirit of the Titan on some poor unsuspecting virus. The Titan made no secret of who it was targeting, as the monster launched its ethereal form straight through the Muckfeesh guarding the hot spring before slamming its horned head onto the puffy mass of one of the Cloudier henchmen.

"Well, done now?" queried Anyis once more as she slapped some residual ghost data off the palms of her gauntlets. She really had no other viable attack besides throwing the Titan's ghost at things, so pestering her Operator really was the best option available.

"... Got it!" sighed Mill in relief, as the damn little resistor finally popped into place. Completely ignorant of his Navi's questions, Mill finally turned to his left, picked up his PET, and looked for a status update. "Find anything?"

"Gee, I dunno, you tell me." retorted Anyis sarcastically as Mill's view screen panned over the current battlefield. "Just throw me some chips for the fish flopping in the mud. I really don't want all that junk on me."

Mill took a good look at Anyis's perceived target, but even a scan and the resulting popup window didn't really help much. "These are... 'Muckfeesh'? Never heard of these before. I guess I could see the mud causing some of the issues with the bath filter, though." Mill rustled through his jacket's chip pocket during his musings, before ultimately deciding on a pair of weapons for Anyis that he... well, guessed would be good enough.

Anyis wasted little time in initializing the first Battlechip sent, and commenting, "This thing...? I don't even remember the last time I used it." of the AuraHead launcher now bound to her hands. As its function re-emerged from the depths of her memory, Anyis turned towards her SP with a request. "Hey Magna, give me your barrier? This chip gets a boost from it... somehow."

"Understood, Mother Unit, I will impart my barrier routine to your systems immediately." nodded Magna, who was always thrilled with the prospect of protecting the Mother Unit. His enthusiasm was vividly displayed by an outpouring of orange light from within his core, washing over the battlefield as a barrier of the same orange color was constructed around Anyis. The AuraHead seemed to react to the new defense, as the eyes of the Megalian's face began glowing to match the surrounding energy.

"Looks like this thing's ready to go!" chuckled Anyis as the weapon began quaking in her hands, signaling that it was going to fire itself if she didn't pull the trigger soon. Being a fan of destruction, Anyis happily obliged, and sent the AuraHead off, howling and screaming as it raced towards the Muckfeesh flopping around. As much as she was entertained by this excitable weapon, Anyis's humored mood quickly depleted when she uploaded the second chip. "Yuck... fire..." she groaned as the chain links of her gauntlets began shining a heated red. Not wanting this blazing chip in her systems a millisecond longer than needed, Anyis quickly cut at the air in front of her with her hands, sending a wave of flames not far behind the AuraHead, rolling towards the mud around the hot springs and the Muckfeesh in it.

"Alright, so if you're good there, I'm going to reconnect this..." said Mill as he got up off his knee to look back up at the control panel, but... uh... there was something else drawing his attention. He was drawing something else's attention, too. There was a maintenance notice in front of the entrance, right...? There had to be, he saw the manager put the sign in front of the sliding door before he walked in. Yet... here Mill was, mutually in a stare with two young women, with a very key difference in that he was fully clothed, while... well, at least the women had the foresight to wrap themselves in towels before getting into the bath. "... Um..." At least the girls were in a stated of shocked silence, maybe Mill had a chance to explain the situ-

"KYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" wailed the girls in unison, in such a way that every resident of the inn was certainly on notice now. In what could be considered lucky, the fact that they literally had nothing on them but those towels meant that Mill was not in immediate danger of being pelted with objects. The keyword there was immediately, as the girls retreated back into the dressing area between the bath in the exit, where an ample supply of clothing baskets were available to throw around the corner at this male invader. That began within a few seconds of the scream.

"Ow...! Ow, ow! Ow!!!" grunted Mill, after tucking his head under his arm for protection as basket after basket struck his body. "Stop, stop, the bath is closed for maintenan- Ow!"

The sounds of this battle did not fall out of reach of Mill's PET, and Anyis did not take long to figure out what those sounds implied. "Did he... Oh my god, I really did jinx it...! Oh my god, hahahahahaha! Oh man, that is... hahahahaha!" said Anyis as she clutched her stomach, completely doubled over in a fit of laughter. "Hahahahahahahaha!" Yeah, she wasn't going anywhere soon.

Noticing the sudden incapacitation of the Mother Unit, and pretty much unable to catch the humor of a gender conflict, Magna moved over to his host program, scooped her barrier-clad self up with one giant hand, and sat her on his shoulder where she was free to giggle her head off. With that matter dealt with, Magna made a quick, and most likely wise, retreat, getting as far away from the mud and hot spring as possible. All he knew was that they were currently engaged in battle, the Mother Unit was disabled by an infection of unknown humor, and the Operator was equally engaged in battle, with what sounded like two female human units... Yeah, by the time that was explained, Magna had already assembled in shield in the hand that wasn't securing the Mother Unit's magic orange bubble to his shoulder. As Magna raised that shield to face the virus horde ahead, now, more than ever... it was time for some golem heroics.

Anyis's Actions:
1) Titan Revival (140 Aqua damage, Phasing, 4TCD) @ CloudierA
2) AuraHead1 (90+20 damage, Break, Line Attack) @ MuckfeeshA/B/C
3) PhoenixShot1 (70 Fire damage, Wide Attack) @ MuckfeeshA/B/C
4) Dodge
5) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
--Deactivate Buoy.GMO
1) Core Field (80 HP Barrier, 2TCD) @ Anyis
2) Pick up the Mother Unit, Retreat (Movement)
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (3-Hit Passive Shield)
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Titan Revival - 4 turns
Core Field - 2 turns
POW. Ghostly data smacked the cloud, deleting it.
POW. The AuraHead hit a single Muckfeesh, obliterating it.
POW. A surviving Muckfeesh decided that it should act, and did so, flopping all over Anyis. Filthy girl. (Barrier destroyed, 20, Blind) Oh, it also made some Mud terrain where it flopped. How was anyone's idea.
POW. Despite impaired vision, Anyis still managed to scorch the Muckfeesh that flopped all over her.
POW. Magna picked up his muddy Mother Unit, and ran off.
POW. The other cloud decided to strike, creating a rain cloud near the Navi/SP pair. The air around them never stood a chance. Anyis did, but that's because she had more HP than empty air (80). At least she was cleaned up by it. Magna also stood a chance, but had to use up one chance in order to have another one (80).
POW. The WaterDragon totally did some spring cleaning in its pot. Take that, dust.

-- ENEMIES --
WaterDragon: 250 HP (In pot) (onsen)
Cloudier A: DELETED
Cloudier B: 140 HP (onsen) (Rain Cloud for 1 more turn)
Muckfeesh A: DELETED
Muckfeesh B: DELETED
Muckfeesh C: 100 HP (mud)

-- ALLIES --
Anyis.EXE: 120 HP (Blind) (Onsen)
Magna.SP: 1 HP (Onsen) (holding Anyis) (3-hit shield)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Onsen (pool itself)
25% Mud (around pool, where Anyis originally stood))
15% Normal (edge of mud)
As if to parallel Mill's situation in the real world, Anyis and Magna took a beating from the Cloudier and Muckfeesh, though their Operator was likely in more dire straits, having incurred the wrath of girls who felt their innocence had been robbed. Anyis was hurting, and Magna was almost in pieces, but what Mill was facing... that was just straight-up not something any man wanted to face. Perhaps by the favor of the gods, though, Mill's saving grace did arrive.

Or, rather, there was no way in hell the inn's manager wasn't going to investigate after hearing that ear-piercing scream. "My word, what is going on in here?!" she gasped after dashing in as quick as a late-middle-aged lady could.

"Manager!!" shouted one of the girls, black-haired and... full in figure. "There's a guy in here! Isn't this a women's-only bath?!" Thankfully, the intrusion caused her and her friend to cease pelting Mill with baskets.

"Oh dear... Hmm, what happened to...?" muttered the manager after hearing the girl's plight, before wandering back out into the hallway. "... Now how did this happen...?"

"Can we get an explanation, Manager?" asked the second girl, blond and slimmer than her friend, as she peaked out the door.

"I'm sorry girls, the bath was closed for some repairs, and it seems the sign got knocked over somehow..." sighed the manager, who pointed to the folding plastic sign flat and face-down on the floor. "I can't even guess how this fell over, but this is not up to the standards of our inn regardless. I don't know that this can serve as enough of an apology, but tonight's stay will be free for both you girls..." she said with a bow after walking back into the changing area.

"Oh, um... thanks, that'll be plenty. We'll just get changed and go back to our rooms, then." replied the blond girl, who seemed to be the more level-headed of the two. "You okay with that?"

"It'll do." muttered the black-haired girl, after having shot one last glare at Mill before walking back into the changing area.

With that issue resolved, the manager entered the bath proper and approached Mill, who was still hunched over on the smooth marble floor and looking to be in a decent amount of pain. "I'm really sorry about this, Mr. Alidine... I'll make sure the closure sign doesn't fall over again." promised the manager, for whatever that was worth. The manager then glanced over to Mill's (remarkably undamaged) PET on the floor, and noted, "Oh, so you did find the viruses... Looks like your Navi is in a bit of trouble, though..."

"... Eh? Wait, wha...?" grunted Mill through a choked voice. After finally registering what the manager was saying, though, Mill's head popped up and he scrambled over on hands and knees to his PET. An array of warning messages, mostly centered around Magna, cluttered the screen pretty thoroughly. "Oh shi- Are you two okay?!"

"Oh, so you're not dead after all..." chuckled Anyis weakly, who by this point had stumbled off her SP's shoulder... or what was left of it, at least. "Don't expect much response from Magna, though." For what it was worth, she didn't seem to have much of a reaction either way to her temporary blindness.

"Ugh, crap... Can you fix him?" sighed Mill, who was still closing warning messages.

"Yeah, yeah... Probably need to do that quick if I'm going to at all." nodded Anyis, who twisted her neck and shoulders to loosen up after that hit. "That crazy rain punched so many holes in him that he might as well be swiss cheese..." It was a pretty accurate comparison, as Magna hadn't been this physically compromised since he... well, died. So it wasn't pretty. To address the issue, Anyis channeled a healthy supply of ghost data into her chain-link gauntlet while feeling around for one of the more solid portions left of her SP. She then punched that spot full-on. Rather than shatter what was left of him, though, Anyis injected the ghost data directly into her SP's systems, reassembling his damage parts in an instant and leaving the golem looking good as new.

"... That was... unpleasant." announced Magna upon his return to proper life. His thoughts were a mixture of a disturbed feeling and severe annoyance, because of all things, the one thing that survived that rainy near-death without a scratch was... his shield. Needless to say, that shield was raised straight above Magna's head the moment motor function returned to his arm. As soon as motor function returned to his other arm, as well, a second shield immediately came into being to cover Magna's front, because being rained on within an inch of the system restore process gave him the insight that he did NOT want that happening again.

"Well, uh... Sorry 'bout that, Mill. You got walked in on, and I totally wished for that." admitted Anyis. "I was laughing up a storm, and uh... the storm attacked, I guess."

"It did, Mother Unit." nodded Magna, whose inability to project a sense of irritation in his voice made the statement all the more intimidating.

"Uh, yeah... Anyway, just chill for a bit, Magna. I'm going to... take care of some business." decided Anyis, who popped her knuckles through the gaps in the chain mail gauntlets in preparation for the fight. "Mill, mind giving me the full arsenal this time?"
"

"While you're blind...? Well, you've got good enough instincts to work around that, I guess. Full arsenal, coming up." nodded Mill, who only just now finally cleared his PET of warning popups. Nodding also made him flinch, however, because one of the flying baskets nailed him right in the side of the neck. That was sore, for sure. "Erk... Just try to do as much damage as you can, because I need a break real bad..."

"Mm-hm." responded Anyis simply, as Mill slotted in chip after chip after chip after chip. All in all, Mill gave her four Battlechips to use, and the first, given this situation... it basically switched off her instincts to avoid kamikaze maneuvers. The chip triggered, and Anyis's image faded into a dim translucency as the Shadow effect rooted itself in her systems. Blind or not, Anyis really didn't care now that she was free to rampage. Aware of what her next two chips were, and unable to hide a grin on her face as a result, Anyis asked, "Which ways are the cloud and fish, Mill?"

"Erm... Cloudier at 10 o'clock and floating up a little, Muckfeesh at 1 o'clock. Depth shouldn't really matter, right?" answered Mill before posing his own question. He took a little time afterward to just scan around the battlefield a bit, because for how sore he was, re-approaching that electrical work right now just wasn't in order.

"Nope, don't care." agreed Anyis, who, on that statement, began rapidly gathering mist and water particles from the hot spring further ahead. The MistConv prep was pretty routine for her at this point, but, uh... both hands was new. To be perfectly honesty, Anyis loved that Mill interpreted "full arsenal" as both of her MistConvs. She wanted to show her appreciation for this choice, and could think of no better way to do so than attack and kill those crazy viruses. Anyis swung her arms around her body as the MistConvs launched forward, purposely whipping the misty hands around over a wide area to compensate for her lack of vision. It was a little disappointing for her that she couldn't see this wild flurry of MistConv hands in front of her, but at least for now, just results would be good enough.

Mill had delivered one more chip, though, and there was still one virus that had yet to really do much of anything. Anyis didn't really need to be able to see it to know it was a mean customer, though, because seemingly everything on the Net with "Dragon" in its name was. "Gonna make a jump, Mill. Direction and distance?"

"... Do you even need your eyes?" sighed Mill, amazed, and slightly amused, by how nonchalant his Navi was about being blind. "Anyway... Turn to your left a little... little more... Yeah, there. Jump... Magna, can you just give her a toss real quick?"

"That'd work, I suppose." nodded Anyis, who just stood there to wait for the pick-up.

"Understood, Operator." acknowledged Magna, who made sure to look and see where the raincloud was before lowering his shields and approaching the Mother Unit. The golem SP temporarily dropped on of his shields to the ground in order to pick her up in his hand. "Ready, Mother Unit?" queried the golem, who was quite ready to re-equip his shields and brace for impending rain as soon as this was done.

"Yep, just hoping your aim doesn't suck." replied Anyis from her SP's palm. Magna nodded at this snide remark, taking no offense as he heaved his arm forward, sending Anyis flying clear over the mud and straight towards the pot the WaterDragon had been hiding in up to now. Sensing her descent due to gravity, Anyis triggered her final chip to create the U-magnet of the MagBolt on the back of her hand. "Dunno why you've been hiding this whole time, but I'm gonna drag you out like it or not!" shouted Anyis as she landed and slammed her electrified fist into the hole in the pot...

Anyis's Actions:
1) Soul Riser (90 Heal, 3TCD) @ Magna
2) Shadow1 (Shadow, 1 Turn Duration) @ Self
3) MistConv1 (125 Aqua damage, Impact) @ MuckfeeshC
4) MistConv2 (175 Aqua damage, Impact) @ CloudierB
5) MagBolt1 (90 Elec damage, Stun, Magnetic Pull) @ WaterDragon

Magna's Actions:
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (3-Hit Passive Shield)
1) Launch the Mother Unit (Assisted Movement)
2) Dodge
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Titan Revival - 3 turns
Core Field - 1 turn
Soul Riser - 3 turns
Anyis healed Magna up first before putting on some defense herself by melting into a shadier form.

She proceeded to flail giant steaming hands at things. Luckily they were huge enough that accuracy wasn't too much of an issue and the viruses were made quick work of.

Magna then launched her over the WaterDragon's pot, where she dragged the damn beast out, tazering it pretty badly, the rain cloud wasn't helping it either.

Woohoo.

-- ENEMIES --
WaterDragon: ZAPPED
Cloudier A: DELETED
Cloudier B: HANDED
Muckfeesh A: DELETED
Muckfeesh B: DELETED
Muckfeesh C: HANDED

-- ALLIES --
Anyis.EXE: 120 HP (Blind) (Onsen)
Magna.SP: 80 HP (Onsen) (holding Anyis) (3-hit shield)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Onsen (pool itself)
25% Mud (around pool, where Anyis originally stood))
15% Normal (edge of mud)

-VICTORY-
GET: Mudflop2, 2100z, 41 Bugfrags