The Karate Kid, part II

The blinding light around him faded, but Musou had already reached out with his other senses while his eyes adjusted. He felt for any other data or energy signatures in the immediate area but found none. He looked around at the data scape and took in the rolling hills and friendly background. He had a basic idea which way Internet City was from here, even if it was a fairly long walk and decided to go the opposite way, further away from civilization, so to speak. Part of him was dying to try out his new upgrades but after his talk with Kenji, he knew the basics were more important than upgrades or chips. After all, if a shield could protect you from blows that managed to land, wouldn't it last that much longer if you tried your hardest to avoid being hit also?

Kenji operated ins ilence for the time being, thoughts occasionally drifting to how soon he was to getting his cast off or how soon it would be untill he was taking entrance exams to get into a good school. That reminded him, he flipped open one of the textbooks his mother had gotten him from the library on entrance exams at the junior high and high school level and started the crunch, book in one hand, PET in the other.

Musou wondered about, despite his teachings and best efforts to controll himself he was still modeled after a teen and was a hot-blooded fighter to boot. Trouble would find him or he would find it soon enough.

((Requesting Battle 1))
As Musou wanders about the digital suburbia of the ACDC network, he comes across three Metools!

...Who take one look at him and promptly begin running away.

Give chase? Y/N: _____
Musou spots his first... Challenge? A trio of Metools who see him and flee. He stands and scratches the back of his head aukwardly as they scamper off. A moment of silence passes and finally he asks aloud "So.. You saw that too, right Sensei?" Kenji waited a moment more then cleared his throat "Well. I'd call that a morale victory anyway. I suppose if they don't want to fight they have as much right as anyone to be here". The navi nods, he tried to offer Metools before a chance to run and they attacked him anyway. He shrugged then mumbled "Anyway, moving along", and resumed his travels, making sure to not go int he same direction as the Metools.

(( N ))
Musou continues walking The Digital Suburbia that is all of ACDC net, and comes across one particular homepage link that has been blown out entirely and is smoking. A trio of bunny viruses are hopping up and down on it (what is it with this network and trios?) and next to them, a pair of Champu are smacking on it. One of the Champus notices Musou and taps its' brother on the shoulder, prompting the Bunny viruses to stop their stomping and turn to look.

It would appear they're raring to go for a fight! ...And Musou should probably stop them from stomping on that poor Netizen's homepage link anyway. What is this, a DDOS?

--Enemies-- (On a 6x6 panel square of normal terrain.)
Bunny A: 50
Bunny B: 50
Bunny C: 50
Champu A: 60
Champu B: 60

--Musou-- (On a wide band of normal terrain, with some cracked spread about.)
Musou A: 150
Musou B

==Mystery Data==
(Musou spots something green shining in the wreckage.)
Green MD: 25

--Terrain--
The homepage link, once a circular pad on its' own square little platform, is now a charred, broken wreck of smoking metal and wires. Its' platform has a narrow path leading across to it made of normal terrain, but is otherwise surrounded by missing. Not much yard room in ACDC net, it seems. Musou stands on a wide strip of normal panels (With some cracks in the walkway in places-- tsk tsk!) that leads to a large amount of similar platforms with homepage links on them.

Normal: 60% (The platform for the homepage link, a 2-panel-wide path leading to the platform, and the big walkway Musou is on.)
Missing: 30% (The space around the homepage link)
Cracked: 10% (Randomly strewn about)

[Battle 1: BEGIN!]
((Sorry, I realised I updated my moves in my Navi's info page but not in my Sig, will fix...))
Musou continues his travels and finally comes upon viruses not only causing trouble but also looking for a fight. He grins and clenches his fists and exclaims "Alright, this is more like it". His operator quickly rattled off "Calm, Musou. Your out-numbered, we know Bunnys can stun and.. Er, havn't ever fought that other kind. Looking them up now... Heres a few chips to get you started". The navi nodded and took a fighting stance, looking over this new threat. Seemed to have some kind of boxing head gear and a wild look to them, maybe they would try to punch him? Either way no sense taking risks, he thought as he decided to play the opening moments defensivly.

Musou takes a deep breath and focuses on the ambiant data in the area, calling it to him, becomming the calm spot in the pond the rest of the ripples came too. He drew it into his body and as he took a fighting stance, light on his feet, the data mingled with his chi and radiated outward around his body as a golden shield of energy ready to block the next few blows. Additionally, the navi raised his right arm, as chip data filled his body and how to use it filled his mind. In a burst of light a large, yellow metal shield materialized on said arm.

His eye had faintly caught the green object in the wrecked homelink and though he didn't really know what it was, something about it told him he shouldn't accidently let any of his attacks touch it, so he tried to angle the shield so if it did catch an attack, the shockwave it send back wouldn't go to the gree thing. Kenji, meanwhile, had a second window open on his PC and was quickly running through published virus data.. "Champy, champy champy", he mumbled as he tried to find out more about them as fast as he could.

1 - Dodge

2 - Activate Sig: Data Shield [3-Hit Shield; 2 TCD]

3 - Ready Battlechip: Guard1 (1 Hit Shield)+(Reflect(up to 60 + Piercing + LineAttack): On Hit)
(Guard1 held out to intercept next attack, Data Shield wrapped around body to catch subsequent hits)

Sig Data Shield cooldown: 2
Readying himself to play his first moves defensively, Musou let the viruses go at him first, with the Bunnies immediately launching a few ZapRings in his direction. They were a bit too fast for him to react to, and as such, his defenses got some use, with one bouncing off the Guard, reflecting an energy beam, and the other from his generated shield. The Champu put their dukes up, and suddenly teleported to him, throwing a few flaming punches here and there. He managed to avoid most of them, and caught one on his energy shield.

--Enemies-- (Bunnies are on platform, Champu are near Musou)
Bunny A: 40
Bunny B: 40
Champu A: 60

Musou: 150 [Guard1 Broken] [1-hit Shield]

==Mystery Data==

--Terrain--
The homepage link, once a circular pad on its' own square little platform, is now a charred, broken wreck of smoking metal and wires. Its' platform has a narrow path leading across to it made of normal terrain, but is otherwise surrounded by missing. Not much yard room in ACDC net, it seems. Musou stands on a wide strip of normal panels (With some cracks in the walkway in places-- tsk tsk!) that leads to a large amount of similar platforms with homepage links on them.

Normal: 60% (The platform for the homepage link, a 2-panel-wide path leading to the platform, and the big walkway Musou is on.)
Pushing back as his Guard chip rebounds an attack, Musou dodges as best he can, a couple hits getting through all his defenses. The martial arts navi grits his teeth and resets his fighting stance. These guys are fast and now that he has an idea how the Champu fight, he knows getting stunned by a Bunny could be fatal.

"Musou, Champus can telep- Oh guess you know already. The database says they sometimes drop a flaming punch chip wouldn't that be cool?" Kenji rambled off as he saw his navi under assault. "G-great Sensei", the navi said between flaming punches. "Beat 'em first", the navi quickly said as he reset his stance. Fast opponents, but his fastest chips were hard to hit with, what to do?

"Musou, try the new one I sent you, FireKnife", Kenji said. "A knife? Not exactly my first choice but, fire with fire it is", Musou commented as the chip data his operator sent earlier loaded. Knowledge on his new weapon entered his mind and as he adjusted his fighting stance for a weapon, he adjusted for distance and took aim. Thanks to the chip, he already knew the weight and balance of his knife, though it only began to form in mid-swing towards one of the Champus. As flame burst from his fist, it solidified into a potent blade of red metal, hissing and steaming as flames danced off it. Kenji winced as he thought Musou would burn himself holding that but he seemed fine. The navi let the knife fly again, knowing his shield was about to fall and trying to thin his opposition. He knew the bunnys could stun but they did little harm, it was the punches he was worried about.

1 - Take Aim

2 - FireKnife (60+Slash+Fire, 6 swings max) @ ChampuA

3 - FireKnife (" ") @ ChampuB

Sig Data Shield cooldown 1
The Bunnies kept launching their rings of electricity at Musou, though a couple simply zipped overhead, and one was absorbed by his shield. One of the Champu took this as a chance to strike twice (10) (10) but was deleted instantly as Musou struck with his new knife. The other leapt out of the way, not wanting to meet the same end as its comrade.

Bunny A: 40
Champu A: DELETED

Musou: 130 [Shield Broken] [FireKnife 4/6]

==Mystery Data==

--Terrain--

With electricity flying around him, and his shields finally down, the martial arts navi winces from the Champu's quick double strike. Defenses failing, he hopes a furious assault will even the odds out a bit more! "Ken, I'm a fighter not a sword master", he grumbles as he takes a defensive stance. "Your technique is fine, focus. Divide and conquer them", Kenji said.

"First thing's first then", Musou says as the last chip his operator used earlier fills his mind. He clenches the fire knife tightly in his left hand and gathers a volley of energy from within him as the data converts into something more his preference. He steps towards the Champu with a blazing slash of his knife, hoping to finish it, but at least make the virus back off for a moment. Next he adjusts his aim, lining up the Bunnys and making extra-sure not to hit that green thing he saw earlier in the rubble.. And he lets loose a quick volley of energy in a scatter shot at the Bunnys!

1 - FireKnife (60+Slash+Fire) @ ChampuB

2 - Take Aim (line up Bunnys, avoid green MD)

3 - Battlechip Shotgun (50+Spread1) @ BunnyA

Sig Data Shield cooldown: 0 READY
Grasping the FireKnife with fervor, Musou slices up the remaining Champu, and lines up a couple of Bunnies for a double kill! The last Bunny had nowhere else to go, so it simply continued its attacking patterns, but luck was not with it that day, as its attack whizzed overhead!

Bunny A: DELETED
Bunny C: DELETED
Champu B: DELETED

Musou: 130 [FireKnife 3/6]

==Mystery Data==

--Terrain--

In a flurry of success that surprises even him, Musou not only turns his distracting menuver on the Champu into a delete but clears out most of the bunnys. He clears his throat and asks with a grin, "See Sensei, hows that for focus?" Kenji frowns at his navi and comments "Fights not over yet". He remembers a line from some old movie and adds "Your focus needs more focus". Musou grumbles, but knowing the fight is winding down, the navi dashes at the Bunny, knife at the ready.

Knowing how much the things love to dodge, Musou focuses energy from within him and brings it out as he closes in, trying to land a stunning blow of his own on the virus before bringing a flaming knife slash across it. That's the plan anyway.

1 - Close distance with Bunny.

2 - Activate Sig: Stunning Blow (10+Stun1, Melee) @ Bunny

3 - FireKnife (60+Slashing+Fire) @ Bunny

Sig Stunning Blow cooldown: 1
Smacking down the poor bunny with a stunning strike, Musou then finishes it off with a blazing knife slice.

Bunny A: DELETED
Bunny B: DELETED
Bunny C: DELETED
Champu B: DELETED

Musou: 130 [FireKnife 3/6]

==Mystery Data==

--Terrain--

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[FireHit1] Battlechip, 480z

[Open GMD? Y/N]
(( Yesss ))

Musou looks around cautiously, making sure there wasn't anything he missed or another virus to ambush him. As it seems the coast is clear, he relaxes and Kenji asks "Good job, you alright Musou?" The navi nods and says "Hai Sensei, just a little banged up. If I can remember next time to tap into the viruses energy when I take one out, I'll be good as new". He salvages some zenni and chip data, passing it to Kenji.

The boy pops a blank chip into his PET and while it is copying over, Musou is carefully clearing debris from around the green thing he saw earlier. "Musou, we got a FireHit, awesome! I'll go look that up while you check out that data", Kenji says before opening a new window on his PC to check the database again. Musou clears out the green MD and holds his hand out to it, sending out an access command "Lets see what we have here", he mumbles.
The Mystery Data crystal unlocked itself to reveal...

[GMD: [Recover30] Battlechip]
As the strange data transfers and Kenji is looking over their new chip, his PET is asking for another blank chip. He scrambles around his desk, before retrieving a small package of a dozen more. "Wow Musou, jackpot this fight huh?", the boy asks. His navi asks back "What was that, Sensei?" Kenji tore the plastic wrap and thin cardboard strip that was holding the pack together and slid one of the blank chips into his PET while he stacked the others on his desk neatly. He idly responded "What was what?"

Musou wauses for a moment, wondering what could be causing the gap in communication here. "Uhh that last data stream I sent you. What was it?", he asked again. Kenji raised an eyebrow, glancing over at the PET as it worked to make the new chip "Chip data. Thats why I said jackpot. Basically found two in one fight. Wait, why are you asking, couldnt you tell what it was before you sent it?", he asked. Musou grinned when he heard it was another chip but shook his head at the question and said "No, for some reason I couldnt read it beforehand. It was pretty much a package of unknown data. I had to load it, all or nothing, good or bad, if I wanted to know what was in it". Kenji pursed his lips and thought for a moment, when the PET finished writing and popped out a shiny new Recover30. He looked over the picture and scrunched his brows, before heading back to the database to look it up. "I think... We got a healing chip. Looking it up now. And that FireHit1", the boy commented.

Musou shrugged and said "If we got a healing chip, use it now. I could use a bit of a patch up". Kenji mumbled "Yeah, Recover30. Plain and simple it gives back 30 hp. And it can-", before he continues to read. "Only be used in combat. Thats the general rule of all chips. Unless your battle processes are going they don't work. Out-of-combat and it's time for subchips and we only have one left. Gotta pay for or find each one", he finishes. "Colorfull comments on the page too, seems a lot of people think it's stupid they can't heal out of battle", Kenji says. Musou sighed and added "Yeah add one more to that list. I'm sure from some designer standpoint it seemed fair or balanced or whatever but viruses don't fight fair and aren't really limited by the system. I'm the one with my neck on the line here, it's not fair".

Kenji bit his lip, wondering how to comment on that one without sounding cruel, especially after all their talks of Musou being just as real as any person. He opted to change the subject instead and says "Um, so that fireHit? Apparently it's what it sounds like. A melee attack of fire that can hit twice if you give it a bit more time to execute. Wait, it's a melee chip but it can be used from range?", he considers. Musou shrugs again and says "I'm sure it was made by the same people who decided it was clever to not let us navis heal inbetween battles without disposable chips. Wouldn't surprise me if there were tons of chips that were considered melee but they were ranged. My benifit right? Melee being my forte and all", he finished with a flex. "And humble too", Kenji pointed out with a smirk.

The navi chuckled and continued his walk, on the search for adventure, while his operator read up on this unknown data they found in the last fight.

(( Requesting Battle 2, also I'm loving the quick mods, thanks a ton woo! ))
After celebrating yet more rewards being thrown at them from an unseen force, Musou traveled onwards into the ACDC network, searching for more enemies to spar with. He was met with a rather large break in the path, with a few meek-looking Mr. Progs hammering some new paneling into the break. They were wearing Metool-like hardhats, and one of them tipped its hat at him as he passed. However, as they were working, a bunch of viruses showed up, and they automatically retreated into a group, looking at Musou expectantly. They seemed to have left their tools in a hurry, too.

-- ENEMIES --
Fishy: 90 HP [Flying/Cracked]
Spikey: 90 HP
Spooky A: 30 HP
Spooky B: 30 HP
Spooky C: 30 HP

-- OBJECTS --
Tool Pile: 150 HP (near Cracked, Musou's side)

-- NAVIGATOR --
Musou.EXE: 130 HP

-- TERRAIN --
40% Broken (Chasm between viruses/Musou)
10% Cracked (Near chasm)
50% Normal (25% flooring on either side)

-- BATTLE 02, READY? START!! --
Coming to the damaged section of the net, Musou greets the workers and watches them work for a few minutes, at least until viruses decided to attack! The nave took a fighting stance and looked over his foes, the Spikey was a new face, as was the Fishy. "Sensei, is it me or is ACDC getting a lot of new faces lately?", the navi asked. Kenji had already been skimming the database and opens a new search on the new enemies. "Fight with caution until you know what your dealing with, Musou", he said.

Musou clenched his fists and prepared himself. He focused on gathering ambiant data to himself, mixing it with his own energy, and using it to form a protective shield around himself. That would hopefully buy him some time, he thought as he opened himself and attuned to the dataflow of the area and his enemies. He felt their energy, the Mr Progs in the distance, the tools they left behind..

Wait, tools? Musou realized the workers would need those tools to finish their jobs, and since their lives were safe for the moment, it was the responsibility of the warrior to try and protect their property. Kenji raised a brow as he idly observed and pulled up data "I don't know if it will help but I'll send you that new FireHit chip", he said.

Musou nodded and suddenly stuck out his tounge and turned his rear to his foes, giving it a good shake. "Nyehh, get me if you can, loosers", he mocked in an attempt to keep their attention off the tool pile.

1- Activate Sig: Data Shield (3-hit shield; 2 TCD)

2 - Activate Sig: Absorb Data (On Opponent[Deleted], 30heal; 1 TCD)

3 - Taunt enemies to keep attention off the tools.

Sig Data Shield cooldown: 2
Sig Absorb Data cooldown: 1
Taunting the viruses seemed to be pretty effective, as the viruses all focused their strength on him. The Fishy dashed at him, while the Spikey released a flaming ball at him. Both missed their mark, strangely, while the Spooky teleported up to him and smacked their tongues around him rudely. The data shield he generated absorbed all of the blows, dissipating it quickly.

-- ENEMIES --
Fishy: 90 HP [Flying/Cracked]
Spooky A: 30 HP (near Musou)
Spooky B: 30 HP (near Musou)
Spooky C: 30 HP (near Musou)

-- OBJECTS --

-- NAVIGATOR --
Musou.EXE: 130 HP [shield broken] [30heal on virus delete]

-- TERRAIN --
10% Cracked (Near chasm)
Musou holds firm, against the Spookys' attacks thanks to his now-depleted shield. They made short work of it though and he only got a glimpse of what the other viruses were capable of. "You want to fight close up, thats fine by me", the navi said as he cuts loose with his new FireHit battlechip. The data that the chip filled his mind with tells him he could use this against the more distant foes, and probably should, but for the moment it's all he has and besides, flaming uppercuts are pretty cool.

He throws a burning uppercut at the nearest Spooky and glances to the side at another before sending a burning karate chop the Spooky's way. He really hopes to get the most out of this 'melee' chip's two hits, not that hes panicking or anything but it would be nice to get the fight under control and not being burned or struck is a bonus.

Kenji finally gets to the info he needs and quickly slides in the guard chip as he says "Here Musou, watch out for that Fishy. The entry says something about them machine gunning harpoons at you". The navi blinks and furrows his brow. Machine gunning tridents? So much for having a shield that could block multiple hits. What good was it when something could drop it in one spray? Better then eating it to the face, he assumed, anyway. Not quite wanting to loose his momentum on the Spookys though, energy begins to charge up quickly in his fody, and tendrils of golden power surge and crackle around him as they condense into one of his fists and he lets loose a stunning blow to the third Spooky, energy continuing to surge and fly past the target area as he adds a little something extra, just in case. And because he thinks it's cool, of course.

1 - Use Battlechip: FireHit1 (60+Impact+Double Attack, Elem:Fire, 2nd hit requires xtra action) @ Spooky A

2 - Deliver Second hit of FireHit1 @ Spooky B

3 - Activate Sig: Stunning Blow [10 Stun1, (Melee)1TCD] @ Spooky C

Sig Data Shield cooldown: 1
Sig Absorb Data cooldown: 0 READY
Sig Stunning Blow cooldown: 1
((Fishy is the DashAttack virus.))

Still intact but surrounded by viruses, Musou decked out his arms in searing flames and delivered a swift strike to the first Spooky. The second met a similar fate to a similar flaming blow. Finally, without losing too much momentum, Musou twisted to attack the final Spooky with a stunning fist. The wary virus had gotten just far enough to avoid it, though. Not surprising, considering it had just seen its comrades deleted in an instant. Musou didn't have time to regret the miss, however, as the Fishy glided away from the cracked panels with as hostile a glance as a virus could muster.

By this time the pilfered data from the Spooky had settled in and restored Musou to peak condition, (+20) which was good for absorbing the intense heat of the shot fired by the nearby Spikey (-15). It paced back and forth afterward, anxious to continue its assault as the Fishy glided nearby. The final Spooky appeared on its own a ways to the right, taking the time to stick out its tongue and taunt Musou in return.

-- ENEMIES --
Fishy: 90 HP [Flying, near Spikey]
Spooky A: DELETED
Spooky B: DELETED
Spooky C: 30 HP

-- OBJECTS --

-- NAVIGATOR --
Musou.EXE: 135 HP

-- TERRAIN --
10% Cracked (Near chasm)