The Karate Kid, part II

Musou braces for some sort of impact, only to have the beast flail around and sputter garbage on the ground. Being attuned to the area's dataflow, the spreading glitches begin to afflict his mind. The navi pauses for a moment, trying to fight off the wave of nausia that threatens to overtake him from the corruption. He's been in bad areas before but he has never been directly afflicted, so he wearily relocates away from the gunk near him to clear ground. He still doesn't know what to expect, just that he doesn't want to get any closer to the thing than he has to. Unfortunately, without some kind of battle chips the melee-type navi's options are limited.

"Sensei, I need some chips. Anything will do, the more ranged the better", the navi says as he holds his ground at his new location, legs still shaking a bit in his fighting stance. Kenji fumbles at the chips on the ground, trying to look for the most usefull ones he can, all the while gritting his teeth and fighting off his own wave of nausia. The viruses slurping and the thing puking up purple gunk doesn't improve things. He grabs one then shakes his head and tosses it to the side after seeing it's picture. "Great", muses Musou "It's not going to just wait for me to do something. I guess I'm going to have to go at this old school".

He looks around quickly, glad to have gotten a bit familiar with the area earlier, even if all the errors are distracting him now. He channels chi quickly, building up power as golden energy begins to crackle around his body like electricity, with the occasional spark or tendril arcing about him. He knew Spookys could teleport and liked to get close and personal. He would wait with a charged fist for the thing to get closer.

Kenji, meanwhile stopped and closed his eyes as he took in and then let out a deep calming breath. He wouldn't fail his navi, he was supossed to keep calm. Musou was counting on him. He began to formulate strategies as he scooped up all the chips without looking further and returned to his computer chair. A fast glance at the picture he is looking for is joined by a quick chip insertion. It takes it's place behind the PET's viewscreen as the spent ZapRing is displaced and ejected out the port in back.

1 - Tactical Movement: get clear of glitched terrain.

2 - Activate Sig: Inner Might (40Strengthen; 1TCD)

3 - Turnsplice

Sig Inner Might cooldown: 1
Sig Data Shield cooldown: 1
Sig Absorb Data cooldown: 0 READY
As Musou immediately got off the strange-looking ground, he primed himself for a good strike, while the Spooky lashed out with its tongue again, this time connecting. However, his defenses held, and he deflected the gross attack successfully. "Grrrreeeeaaaaarrrrrr..." it slobbered, drilling more fear into Musou's mind. His eyes could not tear away from the sight of the purple bug-thing. It even seemed to be pulsating now.

-- ENEMIES --
Lunatic Spawn: 280 HP [Attached to Spookylord]
Spookylord: 100 HP [Stunned! -1 Action] [Infected: Poison20] [Updraft: Floatshoes/1turn] [on Glitched] [1 action remaining]

-- ALLIES --
Musou.EXE: 135 HP [2-hit shield] [Strengthen40] [Heal30 on Deletion] [1 action remaining]

Miner A: 80 HP (Intimidated!)
Miner B: 80 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool A: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool B: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool C: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool D: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool E: 25 HP (Intimidated!)

-- TERRAIN --
30% Glitched (Purple spots scattered about)
70% Normal
The navi grits his teeth, fighting chills as best he can. He blinks as he was hoping for one thing but got another, it seems. Chip data fills his mind as he gathers energy in a raised hand and releases volley after volley of golden shots at his foe. He feels something this random is too risky to add the stored energy from his powerup but all the same he kicks in a boost of penetrating power via his subtype. Never know if something like that will make a difference on a new, and very strange foe. "Glad to have you back, Sensei", he says.

1 -

2 -

3 - Use battlechip Machinegun1 (30x9 Shots + Spray fire) + Bash @ Spookylord

Sig Inner Might cooldown: 1 (still)
Sig Data Shield cooldown: 1 (still)
A hail of powerful energy bursts from Musou's hand, and the giant Spooky was perforated with a bunch of attacks, deleting it to free it from the grips of life, with Musou absorbing its remnants. (+15) The bug-thing that was infecting the Spooky's face plopped down onto the infected ground with a splat, and it scuttled about, making some very creepy slurping sounds as well. It observed Musou as the closest thing that it could see, and started to hobble over with its legs, though it looked like it was more like it was dragging itself.

... Musou could swear he heard something like a low growl in the background.

"Feeeeeeeeed...."

-- ENEMIES --
Lunatic Spawn: 220 HP [on Glitched]
Spookylord: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
Musou.EXE: 150 HP [2-hit shield] [Strengthen40]

Miner A: 80 HP (Intimidated!)
Miner B: 80 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool A: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool B: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool C: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool D: 25 HP (Intimidated!)
Metool E: 25 HP (Intimidated!)

-- TERRAIN --
70% Normal
((Did I get my heal from the spookylord being deleted?))

Musou lowered his hand and looked as the blasts and smoke cleared. The Spookylord was no more, victory there, but the blotch of corruption with tentacles was making it's way to him! "M-Musou, don't let that thing touch you, that cant be good", his operator said with panic in his voice. "No kidding.. This thing has to go and fast. Send me something. Er, please", Musou says. He idly tries to keep his distance though, not wanting to loose track of that. The creepy voice in the background sends chills down his spine and just makes himw ant this over with faster.

As Kenji slips in a couple battlechips, Musou comments "Somehow I thought this would be less scarry without the Spooky. I'm not letting that thing attach it'self to me". Flame surges in his body as he builds up energy and at last releases his stored power. He throws a quick punch at the spawn, flames careening across the room towards the thing, followed by spinning and throwing a snap kick accompanied with a loud "Keeyyah!". A surging wave of flame mixed with an almost-electrical golden energy flies to his foe, with an extra bit of power added for good measure.

As the next chip comes through, one Musou has never used before, he pauses a moment as he works to process the information and figure out how it could best work for him. He gathers energy in one of his fists and resets his stance. Taking a step forward, the navi shouts as he throws a strong strait punch at the spawn. A ripple of volatile glowing chi fires from his extended fist and crosses the distance between them rapidly. He really hopes this will be over soon and that strange voice isn't waiting to jump out and eat him.

1 - Use Battlechip FireHit1 (60+Impact+Double Attack, Elem:Fire, 2nd hit requires xtra action) @ Lunatic Spawn

2 - 2nd action of Firehit1 (" ") +40Strengthen +Bash @ Lunatic Spawn

3 - Use Battlechip Pulsar1 (70+Object Triggered Blast 2) @ Lunatic Spawn

Sig Inner Might cooldown: 0 READY
Sig Data Shield cooldown: 0 READY
Terrified of what the alien-like creature could do to him, Musou unloaded all of his strongest offenses at the thing, managing to just barely kill it. It let out a final blood-curdling screech before dissolving into the same purple slop that was spattered out everywhere. Should Musou observe the bubbling remains of the creature, he would find some spoils.

In any case, the viruses whooped for joy once Musou exterminated the scary thing, and the Metools looked almost a blur about him. The Miners patted him on the back repeatedly, though their faces were kind of obscured so he still wasn't able to discern what they were thinking.

-- ENEMIES --
Lunatic Spawn: DELETED
Spookylord: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
Musou.EXE: 150 HP [2-hit shield] [Strengthen40]

Miner A: 80 HP
Miner B: 80 HP
Metool A: 25 HP
Metool B: 25 HP
Metool C: 25 HP
Metool D: 25 HP
Metool E: 25 HP

-- TERRAIN --
70% Normal

-- BATTLE 05, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[Invis1] Battlechip, 1500z
Musou looks around him, now paranoid. What made that noise? Was there more about to attack him? "I think the coast is clear, Musou", Kenji said apprehensively. Still in his fighting stance and looking about, even as his friends were buzzing around and congradulating him, Musou mumbled "It's my neck on the line, I'd like to be sure Sensei". Kenji winced, taken aback a bit by that comment.

Finally sure nothing was about to jump out and kill any of them, Musou relaxed. He grinned to the miners and said "This was an amazing adventure, thanks for bringing me along. Plus, way down here theres no way anyone else will bother you guys". He steps away from them and carefully looks over the remains of the thing that was attached to that spooky. Data catches his eye and he helps himself to the spoils, leaving the remaining goodies in the room for the miners and metools. He turns to them and gives a thumbs-up as he says "Well guys, I better be heading out. Have fun. Maybe we will see each other again". He glances behind him, around the area Kenji's viewpoint should be and mumbles "Ready to jack out". He gives one last wave to the viruses as he vanishes in a blur of lighting heading up and out of the net.

Kenji, meanwhile, pulls out the freshly copied chip and looks it up in the database. "Invis huh? that could come in handy", he says idly as he waits for Musou to finally get back into the PET. Moments later, the navi blips back in. "Welcome back. Glad that went well, in all. We should head off to SciLab to see about getting you something else, before we head back to finish that mission we bailed on for Mr Chessman", Kenji said. Musou grinned sheepishly, as that was a lot to process and he isn't too sure how to respond. "Umm sorry if I got carried away or anything while I was in there, I wasn't trying to be rude Sensei", he says. As Kenji unhooks the PET from his computer and it's charger, he just idly nods. He straps the PET to his arm and grabs his crutches and bookbag.

"Don't you worry, we have lots of time to talk about it on the bus", he says. Musou bites his lower lip and lets out a quiet sigh.