ACDC Aerial

Zephyrman rushed to deliver his righteous justice upon these foul fiends by first manipulating the winds around, successfully coercing the OldStoves into a lined-up position.

With that out of the way, the wind warrior blasted away with his Shotgun, something the slow-moving Oldstoves could barely do something about as they were deleted with flourish.

Zephyrman aimed his next attack at the Champu, sending a small electrical orb attack at it. The boxing virus judged the distance and warped past it, swiping blows at Zephyrman, who was able to float away in time.

Oldstove A: DELETED
Oldstove B: DELETED
Oldstove C: 50HP
Champu: 60HP (Close!)

Terrain:
80% Normal
20% Cracked (Near Oldstoves, random panels)

Thunder1 (Homing in on Champu)
ZephyrMan.EXE: 150HP
Looked like Champy was a step up from Mettaur in terms of combat ability on the virus totem pole...unless there were actually virus totem poles, in which case they were on something else entirely. "It appears that we're facing the strongest foes we've ever faced, Ariel! Stay alert!"

...What? "...What? You do realize this is exactly the second battle we've ever fought, right?"

"...Ho ho! Of course! How else would that be true? I do wish I had a way of punching back, however...a boxing match would be quite entertaining!"

"Hey, you're not here just to have fun! We're deleting these things so my ultra-expensive TV actually looks the part!" Okay, so, Shotgun and Thunder were gone, which meant they still had...RingZap and Guard. Oh, and whatever ZephyrMan's special attack was. Though she couldn't even remember what it was at this point, and asking would be probably be a little insulting to her Navi. That narrowed down the choices quite a bit. "Guess it's time for the secret weapon! BattleChip, RingZap2! Slot in!"

The wind Navi's arms became infused with the remnant data of an insane, electrically attuned Mr. Prog, each creating a large, bluish-white spark that immediately began to circle. Since the firey boxer was already close to him, he was content to wait a few moments in place, to allowi some of his electrical energy to try and do its thing. Of course, it wasn't the only virus left, causing him to hover over towards the OldStove that still existed on the X, Y, and Z axes.

...Not that he wasn't done with the Champy. Raising one hand up, he began to stir the air once more, creating a gust of wind to try and knock it into his previous usage of electricity. "I must say, this is still rather strange...most Navis I've talked to say that virus busting is hard work. And yet, thus far all I've had to to is mostly float around. Of course, I suppose that having a chip like RingZap is quite a benefit itself!"

"Yeah, I'm SO glad I caught that show before it ended. ...Aww!" A look down revealed something deeply troubling. "I got soy sauce on this suit!"

"Again? You should be more careful...but then again, that's why you ordered them in bulk!"

"I was! I didn't even notice it until now!" Ugh, and there was no trying to hide it, either...right in the middle of her chest. Just perfect. "I guess I'll have to go put on another one if I go anywhere today..."

"You do that! But I must ask that you wait, just in case one of these fiends remain! It's difficult to battle without an Operator, after all!" And thus did the Navi remain vigilant, to help prevent bodily harm with fire.

[Order of Turn:
1-RingZap2 chip attack on ZephyrMan (40, Elec, damages anything for duration of being within Melee range of user)
2-Move into Melee range of OldStoveC (movement)
2a-Gust subtype ability on Champu (Knockback Champu into Thunder)
3-Dodge]
With the electrical RingZap equipped, ZephyrMan basically had to do nothing except float around and watch the viruses fall before his electrical might. Dang, that was easy.

Oldstove A: DELETED
Oldstove B: DELETED
Oldstove C: DELETED
Champu: DELETED

Terrain:
80% Normal
20% Cracked (Near Oldstoves, random panels)

ZephyrMan.EXE: 150HP

-- BATTLE 03, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

440z
"It appears victory is ours once again!" The electricity surrounding ZephyrMan faded, allowing him to safely touch metal objects again. And non-metal objects, for that matter. "Now, let's see what our attackers left us!" Let's see...ah, no BattleChip data this time. "It appears I was too thorough in their destruction...only cash remains!"

"Hey, nothing wrong with that!" Woo, zenny total up. "Okay, let's see how the TV look now..." A quick peek over at the screen..."Hmm...it's better, but it's still a little fuzzy. I don't think those were the only viruses mucking things up in there."

"Hmm...strange. But so be it! Those that dare inconvenience you for their amusement will suffer the consequences!" With his quest surprisingly not over, the wind Navi began floating onwards, wishing to eliminate ALL of the culprits responsible for the lack of picture quality.

(Searching for Battle #4)
Hovering through the ACDC network brought ZephyrMan to a group of stationary viruses that were just itching for someone to walk by. Unfortunately, ZephyrMan wasn't that someone. He didn't walk. How silly. He'd probably just delete them in a heartbeat anyway, that silly old man. ... Where was I? Oh, yeah, the group consisted of three Cactus-type viruses, and two Canodumb viruses, arranged in a loose circle, from which ZephyrMan approached from the front.

-- ENEMIES --
Cacty A: 70 HP
Cacty B: 70 HP
Cacty C: 70 HP
Canodumb A: 50 HP
Canodumb B: 50 HP

-- NAVIGATOR --
ZephyrMan.EXE: 150 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 04, READY? START!! --
It appeared that Ariel's TV was going green, as it were. Which hardly meant it'd be a walk in the park...those Cacty looked a bit more durable than any other virus they'd seen. "Hmm...this battle could be tricky. We'll have to be careful!"

"Right! ...So, any ideas? I've got nothing."

"Hmm...perhaps the Canodumb should be handled first? They're the less durable of the two, and are incapable of moving from their current positions, if our previous encounter was indicative of them as a whole."

"Uh...sure! Ooh, we can just line them up and get them both with that Shotgun! and then maybe we can get all the Cacty thingys close together and RingZap 'em! How's that sound?"

"An excellent idea! Let us execute it, poste haste!" Wasting little time, ZephyrMan began to float towards the cannon viruses, attempting to line himself up with the pair. Hmm...just a little more to the left should be enough...ah, perfect. "I'm in position, Ariel! Ready the weapon!"

Okay, time to get the chip! There it w-no, that was Thunder. Take two...someone shooting a Mettaur. Yep, that was it. "BattleChip, Shotgun! Slot in!"

The wind Navi's gray hand began to turn blue, becoming somewhat buster shaped in the process, though with a single black stripe, and with a black tip. Steadying it with his free arm, he activated the trigger, releasing a single yellow blast from the gun. A yellow blast with the ability to penetrate what it hit and keep going. Exactly how that worked, he had no idea. But he wasn't about to argue with physics. They were overrated, anyway.

Once he regained his usual glove, ZephyrMan's tornadoes began spinning more rapidly, creating small changes in the air. More specifically, he was creating a wind gust that could knock a certain cactus towards another certain cactus. Unless it was rooted and wasn't able to be moved like that. In which case he was in decidedly deep trouble. But unless it was proven so, he wouldn't even consider such a thing. It was too unpleasant to even ponder.

"Nice job! Now, think you can sidestep their attacks? I mean, hiding behind a shield that only works once sounds kinda stupid."

"I shall do what I can...though, I find it difficult to sidestep, due to my lack of legs! Ho ho!" With the obvious pointed out, the Navi could now concentrate on attack avoiding with a clear mind. Of course, the fact that there were three of them meant he'd have to get mighty creative...ah, maybe he didn't have to worry about it all. His lower tornado began to spin extremely violently, causing it to increase in height, and subsequently, the Navi's own altitude. Higher and higher he rose, attempting to get away from whatever the viruses might try. Of course, since his whirlwind touched the ground regardless of height, there was still a chance of it completely backfiring on him...

[Order of Turn:
1-Move to get ZephyrMan, CanodumbA, and CanodumbB in a straight line (movement)
2-Shotgun chip attack on CanodumbA (50, Spread 1)
2a-Gust subtype ability on CactyC (Knockback within Melee range of CactyB)
3-Jump (Airstep activated jump)]
The gusty Navi quickly went into action, and moved to position himself in line with the CannonDumb viruses. The turrets followed the Navi slowly, and mechanical clicks were heard as the cannons loaded themselves. They were about to fire, but the first was blown away from the shotgun blast fired by ZephyrMan (50), and the second was sprayed with shrapnel. One particularly large shard lodged itself inside the turret barrel, causing the entire turret to explode as the virus tried to return fire (50).

The Cactys attempted to retaliate, but the first was blown backwards, and the other two couldn't reach their target; he was already rising into the air rapidly thanks to a creative application of wind power. However, the gust of wind quickly died down, and he started to descend.

-- ENEMIES --
Cacty A: 70 HP
Cacty B: 70 HP [Melee Range of CactyC]
Cacty C: 70 HP [Melee Range of CactyB]
Canodumb A: DELETED
Canodumb B: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
ZephyrMan.EXE: 150 HP [High Alt, falling]

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
Slowly but surely, ZephyrMan descended from the heavens, eventually reaching his normal height. Continuing the previously discussed plan, however, he began to do the exact opposite action; he began hovering towards the trio of cacti, settling for a nice spot next to one of them. Executing the next phase, his whirlwinds picked up the pace yet again, trying to stir up an air blast that would bring the third Cactikill nearer to him. With that, they should all be nice and close.

Now, for the strike that their entire plan hinged on. If this failed, they were most likely toast...possibly. Maybe. Who knew? Not Ariel. "Well, here goes nothing! BattleChip, RingZap2! Slot in!"

The wind Navi found himself completely yet not entirely surrounded by a pair of electrical sparks. At a fairly rapid pace, they spund around him, trying whack whatever was near him...which, in this case, was preferably everything that wasn't a Navi. But he could do no more to assist the attack. All he could do was try and avoid any last ditch efforts to punish him for his shocking actions...and he couldn't pull the same trick as before, seeing as how that defeated the entire purpose of drawing close. He'd have to try and dodge, the old fashioned way...

[Order of Turn:
0a-Land from Airstep
1-Move within melee range of CactyB (movement)
1a-Gust subtype ability on CactyA (Pull CactyA within melee range of ZephyrMan)
2-RingZap2 chip attack on ZephyrMan (40, Elec, damages enemies for each action within melee range of user)
3-Dodge]
ZephyrMan landed amongst the viruses, and started to blow some of the Cacty viruses around before he activated his battlechip. The two closest Cacty viruses immediately felt the painful sting of the electrical shock caused by the bolts surging around him (40), and the 3rd attempted to attack. It managed to strike ZephyrMan, but it also suffered from the jolt of electricity(40). The Navi started to move, and the pair of Cactys close to him succumbed to the near constant electrocution and were deleted. The final Cacty was initially out of range, but ZephyrMan managed to get close enough as he dodged to bring down the last virus as well (40).

Victory!

-- ENEMIES --
Cacty A: DELETED
Cacty B: DELETED
Cacty C: DELETED
Canodumb A: DELETED
Canodumb B: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
ZephyrMan.EXE: 140 HP
Rewards: CactusBall1, 370z

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
Phew, their plan was successful. Zephyr had been a tad worried, since had it not, it would've been a VERY long fight at best. "It's quite fortunate that our plan worked, eh Ariel?"

"Yeah. If that hadn't worked, I might've made you just run away. Virus busting is fun and all, but I still have a life!"

"Indeed!" Now, let's see what they earned from this group..."Aha! It appears that chip data has made its way into our rewards!"

A picture of Cactikill showed up on Ariel's PET, along with a description of its chip, CactusBall. "Says here it's called CactusBall. You roll a Cactikill head towards an enemy, and hits it either 2, 3, or 4 times. Not exciting, but I guess we'll take whatever we can get!"

"At this point, any chip we obtain will help. We can worry about how amazing the chip is once we get more!...Speaking of amazing, how's the TV now?"

"Hmm..." Once more, the operator looked over to take a peek at the screen. "Wow! It's perfect now! I guess we got all the viruses causing the problem!"

"Excellent! I suppose there's no reason to remain, then."

"Nope. Jacking out!" Button press!

And after turning into a sky blue beam of light, ZephyrMan ascended to the cyberheavens, before vanishing...

(TO THE RW)