Training time

AdrianX looks at the virii. "..."

Adam stares into his PET. "AdrianX? You there?"

"..."

"ADRIANX!"

A bolt of digital electricity shoots a small distance from AdrianX's neck. "Bzzt! System Data: HP: under 50%. Personality Function: unresponsive. Artificial Emotion: inactive. Set Strategy for current situation: Heal, attack, evade. Now playing out strategy." AdrianX said in a monotone voice, but not so evil this time.

"Darnit, he's taken too much of a beating! He can't handle this! If he makes it through this battle, I'm jacking him out immediately!" Adam exclaimed in despair. This had happened before, although not too many remember it, for it had happened in a netbattle with his brother. He thought the problem was fixed, but it seemed that the old problem was acting up again.

Meanwhile, while Adam was pouting and despairing, his PET beeped. Adam jumped slightly from shock, then read "Requesting Battlechip: Shotgun".

"Oh yeah, this is a virus battle, and regardless of the function of his personality and emotion, he still needs battle chips."

<From AdrianX's point of view.>

"Actions of healing: 1) Use signature attack Light Ray... 2) If Light Ray not usable, go to attack. Light Ray usable. Now activating Light Ray."

A glow of light burst from AdrianX's hands, releasing a glow of light which removes the more major injuries from his last battles.

"Healing complete. Step 2: Attack. Actions of attacking: 1) Use battlechip with best killination capability that is available. 2) If battlechips unusable, use regular attack. Now requesting shotgun."

AdrianX waited a few seconds, and Adam slotted in the shotgun. "Shotgun recieved." AdrianX said in his abnormal monotone voice.

"Now attacking strongest target which can be defeated by shotgun." A shot fired at one of the bunnies from a shotgun that materialized in front of AdrianX. The angle at which it was fired allowed a cannondumb to be on the other side of the bunny as the shotgun round.

"Now beginning evasive action." AdrianX concluded, and awaited an attack to dodge.

Actions:
1) Light Ray, AdrianX, convert to healing with recovery-type ability (50 healing)
2) Shotgun chip, Bunny A (50 damage) and Cannondumb A (splash damage)
3) Dodge (await an attack)

Attacks used:
Light Ray (2 turns)
Shotgun (x1)

((Tell me how you like this new event with AdrianX, mods. Purely nonmechanical, no effect on gaming except roleplay value. If you think the actual event isn't good enough to account for the fact that AdrianX will be using plain, cold and calculating robotic speech for the duration, I can find a way to get Adam to fix it, but in any event, I WILL be jacking out after this battle, and Adam WILL fix AdrianX after jacking out.))
((w/e works. Rock on, little robot dude. Recov doesn't make full conversions anymore, so we'll go with the 40 heal aspect of the sig instead. Also, it's safer to assume the positions of virii are like they are presented in the posts, top-to-bottom being left-to-right from your perspective.))

The virii remain still as X heals, then attacks, his hits landing fairly well. The bunny is vaporized by the buckshot, and a cannon is sprayed a bit as well. It begins to function, locking on to X and taking a shot. He was lucky enough to see the blast coming and just barely dodges...

SpikeyA 90HP
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 90HP
CannondumbA 50HP
CannondumbB 50HP
CannondumbC 50HP
CannondumbD 25HP
BunnyA DELETED!
BunnyB 50HP
BunnyC 50HP

AdrianX 66HP

Quote ("The rulez0rz")

Mechanical:

Sword:
+ Swordplay: Once per turn, can add a free dodge to 2 consecutive melee attacks. (No actions).

Wind:
+Gust: Once per turn, may call up winds to manipulate the position of one object, whether it be the Navi itself, another Navi, a virus, or an object. (No actions).

Cursor:
+ Snipe: Once per turn, can increase the accuracy of a mid-long range attack. (No actions.)

Break:
+ Smash: Twice per turn, can add "Breaking" to attack. (1 action.)

Normal:
+ Untapped power: Once per turn, add (10 + Level/2), rounded down to nearest 5, to TOTAL damage of an attack. (No actions).

Recover:
+ Conversion: Able to turn any of their own attacks into a directable heal, the heal restoring an amount equal to the damage (or 50% of dmg if using a chip) of the sacrificed attack. (No additional actions other than actions devoted to attack)

((Now, I know arguing with the mod isn't the best way to make friends, but I think if they changed the rules, there would at least be an announcement, or they would have secretly changed the rules on us all. Since neither seems to be the case, I think you're just trying to give me a hard time. Not that I'd LIKE to do such a thing, but for now I reserve the right to hate, despise, and/or distrust you. Of course, you're a mod and I'm not, so I have no choice but to accept that your word is better than mine, and it's just 10 points, so for now I'll leave it be. Just hope that this problem will be resolved so if I ever in the future try to do this with a stronger signature attack (which I will get when I can, don't worry), I'll know if I'm allowed to do this or not.))

"Viruses damaged. Status changes: Bunny deleted. Cannondumb down 50%." AdrianX said in his wierd mechanical voice. "Health up to 66%. Strategy shift: attack, attack, dodge. Now requesting rageclaw."

Adam slotted the rageclaw into his PET, and AdrianX conjured it on his hand. "Now loading rageclawtaunt.wav..." AdrianX said in a mechanical voice. Suddenly, a loud "EAT CLAW, VIRII!" came from AdrianX, although he never opened his mouth. AdrianX ran at the virii fearlessly, prepared to strike them down. With a strong and fast slash, he sliced at the damaged Cannondumb. He dashes right behind the virii and grabs for one of the bunnies, then flings it at an uninjured cannondumb. He then jumps on top of one of the still uninjured cannondumbs, his systems calculating that the other virii may hit the cannondumb in their attempt to get AdrianX.

"I hope AdrianX knows what he's doing..." Adam states, hoping... well... that AdrianX knows what he's doing.

actions:
1) Rageclaw attack, Cannondumb D (40 damage)
2) Rageclaw fling, Bunny B to Cannondumb A (20 damage each)
3) Dodge (jump onto Cannondumb B, try to make other virii attack Cannondumb B.)
<Rageclaw active>

sig attacks / chips used:
Light Ray (1 turn)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
((Sry. I hadn't noticed that the rules weren't rewritten. We've had the decision made for some time, so I assumed someone had got to it...Anyway, as per Eon's decision, I've placed it in its rightful state.

Recover:
+ Conversion: Able to turn any of their own attacks into a directable heal, the heal restoring an amount equal to the damage (or 50% of dmg if using a chip or signature attack) of the sacrificed attack. (No additional actions other than actions devoted to attack)

Anyways, really sry. Wasn't trying to mess with you, but the staff decided that being able to atk OR heal with say....100 would be kind of messed up compared to what the other types get. k?))

X's hit land their blows, and the three spikeys atk. He manages to dodge one, and is almost hit by the second as he jumps over the cannon, another being hit by the third in cross-fire. It burns to ash...

SpikeyA 90HP
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 90HP
CannondumbA DELETED!
CannondumbB 50HP
CannondumbC 50HP
CannondumbD DELETED!
BunnyA DELETED
BunnyB 30HP
BunnyC 50HP

AdrianX 66HP
"This battle is going well, although things could take a turn for the worse at any second..." Adam commented.

"Now preparing attack." AdrianX said in his machine tone.

"Darnit, if AdrianX's personality was working, he'd tell me not to be such a pessimist right now." Adam said, almost as if he missed being sassed by his netnavi.

"heheheh... Now attacking with rageclaw." AdrianX said.

"Huh?" Adam said, thinking he heard something.

AdrianX charged at the weaker Bunny and sliced it, ignoring Adam's talking on how he thought he heard something. AdrianX then picked the other bunny up and went bunny-bowling, with a cannondumb as the pin. Unfortunately, that pin would be a very irate one after getting hit by a bunny, so AdrianX's core systems decided he best be a-dodgin'.

So, AdrianX moved to a distance and circled the enemy.

actions:
1: Rageclaw, Bunny B (40 damage)
2: Rageclaw (attack 2), Bunny C --> Cannondumb B (20 damage --> 20 damage)
3: Dodge (keep your distance, change angles with the enemy)

Light Ray (usable next turn)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
AdrianX's Rageclaw carved effortlessly through the Bunny, which simply gave a pitiful whimper and fell over in deletion. The next Bunny was snatched up by the same Rageclaw that had killed its friend, and rolled into the targeted Canodumb with perfect accuracy. A Spikey took it upon itself to have a go at trying to cut down X with a fireball, but the Navi simply stepped around it.

SpikeyA 90HP
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 90HP
CannondumbA DELETED!
CannondumbB 50HP
CannondumbC 30 HP
CannondumbD DELETED!
BunnyA DELETED
BunnyB DELETED!
BunnyC 30 HP

AdrianX 66HP
Adam pondered as AdrianX continued his strategic attacks. "Hmmm... those are some complex battle sensors... I don't remember ever programming such varying battle movements in case of this type of thing happening... Oh well, maybe I just forgot."

AdrianX approached the virii. "He's onto me, I'd better finish this fast. Now firing Light Ray."

"Wha?" Adam said, thinking he heard something again.

AdrianX fired a beam of light, which flew right at the undamaged cannondumb. Meanwhile, AdrianX jumped back. "Requesting Cannon..."

Adam slotted in one Cannon battlechip.

"Aiming..." AdrianX held up his left arm, which was now a cannon rather than a claw, and fired at the remaining Bunny. AdrianX then turned to his side, his head still turned to the virii, so that if they attacked, he wouldn't be as wide of a target so much as a long target (In other words, he turned to his side because if he were 2-dimensional it would make him smaller.). He then prepared basic evasive tactics.

actions:
1: Light Ray, Cannondumb B (50 damage)
2: Cannon, Bunny C (40 damage)
3: Dodge (turn to side, prepare to evade)

Light Ray (0/2 cooled down)
Cannon (x1)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
The Light Ray tore up the Canodumb, giving it absolutely no chance of retaliation. The Cannon was just as successful in chewing apart the Bunny. One of the Spikeys hurled a fireball of anger toward X, but he jumped easily out of the way.

SpikeyA 90HP
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 90HP
CannondumbA DELETED!
CannondumbB DELETED!
CannondumbC 30 HP
CannondumbD DELETED!
BunnyA DELETED
BunnyB DELETED!
BunnyC DELETED!

AdrianX 66HP
AdrianX carefully assessed his situation. "Current options: Blast and Run, Conserve and Evade, Stall for Time. Choose mode now."

Adam thought for a second. "We want to finish this fast, so I should probably choose Blast and Run, so that those things will be down and out and we can fix you up."

AdrianX nodded. "Blast and Run chosen. Now beginning attack. Requesting Cannon."

As Adam slotted the chip in, AdrianX's arm turned into a cannon. He aimed and fired at the already weak Cannondumb, then flung a weak orb of light at a spikey. AdrianX then backed up and tensed himself, preparing to dodge the cloud of fireballs that were bound to come.

actions:
1: Cannon, Cannondumb C (40 damage)
2: Normal Attack, Spikey C (9 damage)
3: Dodge (Tense up and expect fireballs from Spikeys)

Light Ray (1/2 cooled down)
Cannon (x2)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
The Cannon shot took the Canodumb down a permanent peg. The buster blast bounced right off the Spikey, cutting into its hide but not dealing any crippling damage. One of the other Spikeys hurled a fireball in X's direction, but he jumped around the sphere of flame.

SpikeyA 90HP
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 81HP
CannondumbA DELETED!
CannondumbB DELETED!
CannondumbC DELETED!
CannondumbD DELETED!
BunnyA DELETED
BunnyB DELETED!
BunnyC DELETED!

AdrianX 66HP
AdrianX looked at the virii. He saw that he had used all his chips and his signature attack was still cooling down and wouldn't be ready for a little while longer. Current options were very narrow. Still, the show must go on!

AdrianX jumped in the air and shot a weak shot at the spikey he shot earlier, then ran in circles around the virii and shot the same spikey again, hoping to hit, and begging to hit the same spot. He prepared to dodge, and if that failed, withstand some pain.

actions:
1: Normal shot, Spikey A (8 damage)
2: Normal shot, Spikey A (8 damage)
3: Dodge

Light Ray (2/2 cooled down)
Cannon (x2)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
The Spikey was knocked right off its feet by the buster shots, which nailed it right in the forehead. Its friend coughed up a fireball to keep the Navi busy, but he easily avoided it.

SpikeyA 74HP
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 81HP
CannondumbA DELETED!
CannondumbB DELETED!
CannondumbC DELETED!
CannondumbD DELETED!
BunnyA DELETED
BunnyB DELETED!
BunnyC DELETED!

AdrianX 66HP
AdrianX looked at the virii as he charged his light beam in his left palm. Adam looked into the PET, and saw what was going to play out. "Grand, we're going to be doing a lot of stalling to keep these things occupied long enough to blast them all out of commission... And AdrianX can't keep dodging forever. I know those gods up there can be merciful, but not stupid. I guess we'll just have to hope..."

AdrianX, while Adam was talking, aims his light beam at the most damaged Spikey. He followed the beam with a mediocre shot that makes the beam seem more deadly by comparison, and then stands still, calculating the situation and preparing to avoid a counter-attack.

actions:
1) Light Beam signature attack, Spikey A (50 damage)
2) Normal Attack, Spikey A (8 damage)
3) Dodge

Light Ray (0/2 cooled down)
Cannon (x2)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)

((I should count myself lucky that those Spikeys haven't taken AdrianX and blasted him to hell and back with those fireballs. And I most definitely need many more battlechips. I don't know how long I can make "shoot the virii twice and avoid their attacks" sound creative.))
X's Light Ray got right into the Spikey's eyes, keeping it from properly reacting to the buster shot that followed it up. The other Spikey were too busy laughing barkily at their friend to launch any further attack.

SpikeyA 16HP
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 81HP
CannondumbA DELETED!
CannondumbB DELETED!
CannondumbC DELETED!
CannondumbD DELETED!
BunnyA DELETED
BunnyB DELETED!
BunnyC DELETED!

AdrianX 66HP
Adam sighed... "Man, this fight sure is boring without AdrianX's comments. It's like trying to watch a music video in mute. I can see what's happening, but there's no emotion in it. Even if it had subtitles, it just wouldn't be the same."

Suddenly, AdrianX stops where he was.

"Wah?" Adam confusedly interjects.

An automated message coming from AdrianX's mouth says "Personality systems restored. Now loading..."

Adam waited a few seconds, and AdrianX got back into a battle pose.

AdrianX surveyed his surroundings. He saw the Spikeys. "Oh great, I just woke up out of a nightmare and now I've rolled back into one. Oh well, might as well do what I do best. Adam, give me a battle chip, please."

Adam sadly stated, "I can't, Adrian. All out."

AdrianX stomped in a huff. "Darnit! What about my sig?"

"Started cooling last round." Adam said, still making a sad face.

AdrianX yelled. "GREAT! Now what am I supposed to do?!"

Adam responds, "Well, you still have your regular attacks. And one of those Spikeys is really low on health. You could probably take him out in two shots."

AdrianX groaned. "Fine..."

AdrianX jumped into the (net) sky. He aimed the palm of his hand at the injured Spikey. He fired two weak shots at once at the Spikey, both of which whirled around, making a sort of circle, flying in the Spikey's direction. Meanwhile, AdrianX, knowing that Spikeys don't usually take it well when Navis kill their friends, started preparing himself to either dodge or take a beating.

actions:
1-2: Normal Attack x 2, Spikey A (8 x 2 damage)
3: Dodge or prepare to get blasted into next Friday

Light Ray (1/2 cooled down)
Cannon (x2)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
Adrian X lands both hits on the Spikey, finally putting the hellish hound down. He moves out of the path of their return fire a moment before the fireballs would have crispy-fried him. Lucky him.

SpikeyA Deleted
SpikeyB 90HP
SpikeyC 81HP
CannondumbA DELETED!
CannondumbB DELETED!
CannondumbC DELETED!
CannondumbD DELETED!
BunnyA DELETED
BunnyB DELETED!
BunnyC DELETED!

AdrianX 66HP
AdrianX sighs. "I don't get paid enough for this..."

AdrianX jumps in the air and charges energy into his hands. He continues to charge the energy, putting it in one big sphere...

Adam yells. "ARE YOU CRAZY?! If you use a charged blast, you won't have enough energy to dodge their attacks in time!

AdrianX laughs. "Maybe, but this is getting boring. At least this will spruce things up a bit!" AdrianX flings the huge ball of deadly energy straight at one of the Spikeys.

Actions:
1-3: Charged Attack, Spikey C (32 damage)

Light Ray (2/2 cooled down, ready for use next turn)
Cannon (x2)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
The attack hits, he dodges. Let's hope that sig is ready for use soon...

SpikeyA: Deleted
SpikeyB: 90 HP
SpikeyC: 49 HP
CannondumbA: DELETED
CannondumbB: DELETED
CannondumbC: DELETED
CannondumbD: DELETED
BunnyA: DELETED
BunnyB: DELETED
BunnyC: DELETED

AdrianX: 66 HP
Adrian smirked. "Heh, the attack is ready. Time to take out one more Spikey on the net..."

AdrianX fires a powerful beam of pure light at the Spikey. Without waiting to see what happens, he quickly tosses an orb of light at the other one and jumps back. However, this long battle is beginning to wear Adrian down... if he doesn't finish this up, and FAST, he'll be killed in the most horribly painful way ever. Wait, is deleted basically the same thing as killed?

Actions:
1) Light Ray Sig Attack, Spikey B (50 damage)
2) Normal Attack, Spikey A (8 damage)
3) Dodge for your life!

Light Ray (0/2)
Cannon (x2)
Shotgun (x1)
Rageclaw (x1)
It is now One on One

SpikeyA: Deleted
SpikeyB: 82 HP
SpikeyC: dead
CannondumbA: DELETED