Seraphim and Persephone

"It doesn't matter!" Seraphim announced, with a flash of shining teeth. He seemed rather more charismatic all of a sudden, and his grin seemed wider than normal. He ran a hand through his hair, and it suddenly seemed slightly longer, and far spikier than normal. The oversized antennae-like forelock hung dramatically over his face, and he threw his head backward, laughing. His gauntlets crackled and several 'clanks' and 'ratcheting' noises emitted from them as they reassembled themselves. He tore off his half-cloak-shirt, and shook it out, the color changing and shifting to a dark blue, a shining skull with a flame surrounding it. The flame shifted in its colors, a slightly less than ever-changing rainbow hue. He threw it over his shoulders, the half-cloak now more like an overcoat without sleeves. The navi grinned at his potential allies, then nodded to his 'enemies'.

"We can be all part of one big gang, y'know?" His tone was friendly as the navi looped an arm around Persephone, his grin looking slightly like a leer, but far more inviting than discomforting. He quickly lifted his hand from her shoulder as he waved it in the air, the analog clock showing "00:00", and pointed to himself.

"I mean, what's the big problem? It's all so simple!" The navi displayed those shining pieces of virtual calcium again, "I'll answer that for you! There's no problem at all! You dudes can join my group or be smashed by the fist of justice!" His statements followed mostly by exclamations, Erin sighing with exasperation in the background as 'Seraphim's' grin widened even further, seeming like it would simply come off the ends of his virtually animated face if it came any further.

"So, how about it?" The navi raised a gauntleted fist, and vented steam from it, he'd get more members for his party, and he'd be able to face the obviously huge final boss at the end of this mission with multiple characters, battling to orchestral music in a dramatic and epic clash between good and evil, thrashing out their differences under the last level, the near-end of the world.

It would be awesome.

1] MeleeCross lvl 1
2-6] Attempt recruiting netmafia

Passives:
1] Cure [6*6 heal to Seraphim]

SP:
1] Dramatic wind
*] More dramatic winds.
After listening carefully to the man, although ignoring the command to duck for cover as she felt it was unnecessary, Persephone looked at the four NetMafia Navis in the distance. "So that's what going on..." she muttered to herself and glanced at Seraphim who started to speak. Nodding to herself, she figured this was the best time to talk to Area for a plan of action. "This isn't going well," Persephone started as she switched to a private channel with Area, "Instead of guiding us to someone we could use, we've got more pests. What do we have to do to get to some guy in charge?"

"There is something odd in this scene though..." Area muttered to herself. Persephone couldn't hear her as Area was still standing at the window with her cig. She tossed the cig out of the window and turned around to walk back to her PET. "Persephone," she started as she sat down and took the PET in her hand again, "You've spent time alone without Soryu monitoring you constantly, right?"

"What are you aiming at?" Persephone replied with an eyebrow raised while glaring annoyedly at Seraphim who had just looped his arm around her. She bared her teeth at him, but shook it off and continued to speak at Area, "Yeah. He did sometimes. It wasn't really a bother."

Area glanced over the battlefield and continued to speak to Persephone, while her eyes were directed elsewhere, "So why should it be so important for those guys to have Operators...? Remember the Rogues? They didn't have an Operator too... Like Drakkas and that guy Jophiel or what his name was. I don't think we should pity them or hook back up with an Operator. The same thing will happen after all."

"You've got a point..." Persephone softly muttered and turned the private channel back to local. She glanced at the NetPolice agents and then turned back to the NetMafia guys and girl still behind the barrier.

"So, how about it?" Seraphim had shouted while raising his gauntlet and Persephone slowly floated over to him and held a hand on his shoulder this time.

She floated closer towards his face and whispered to him, "I'll take it from here, boy." Persephone moves sideways and started to shout at the NetMafia Navis. "This guy here is right!" she started and held a hand out at Seraphim, "But he got one thing wrong!" With a big swing she pointed at the NetMafia and continued to shout, "You won't achieve freedom without fighting! As long as the NetMafia and the NetPolice remain in existance, they will continue to fight! To achieve true freedom...!" And with those words Area had plugged in two chips for Persephone, causing a small grin on Persephone's face although less sparkling white than Seraphim's. "...Is to eliminate the opposing side!" she shouted out loud and disappeared from sight in less than a second. Persephone then reappeared crouched behind the NetPolice Navis with her claw-like gauntlets having grown longer, bigger and deadlier. With a great swing of her two arms coming from behind she attempted to get both NetPolice Navis in one go and throw them in front of the the NetMafia Navis so they could have a clear target to attack. She then stood up and pointed at the supposedly 'enemies' and shouted at them, "What good is becoming a lackey of some guy you don't even know!? You'll be weak and you'll have to do whatever they tell you! And what if you get thrown to a side again!? On the other side you'll be free and grow stronger than your wildest dreams!"

She then pointed at Seraphim while she stared at him with her sharp eyes. "And you!" Persephone shouted again, "You speak of justice, but have you ever thought about what they want!? We are in no position to decide for them! You want them to return to Operators so they can be thrown to a side again or something!? RIDICULOUS! You wish to be part of one big gang, boy!? THEN JOIN 'EM!"

"But still..." sounded Area's voice quietly as she glanced at the Navi Seraphim.

"Yeah..." she said calmly and held her hand vertically in front of her face with the fingers stretched. "If you think otherwise, then show me your determination." The gemstones on Persephone's armor shattered and started to produce a metal liquid from the remaining holes that spread over her body rapidly. Eventually her entire body had become metallic and protected temporarily while the ground below her feet had become metallic as well, shining with a beautiful silver color. A soft laugh came from the metal form of Persephone and her silver eyes glared at Seraphim as she spoke at him, "Think of me what you want. I've got my reasons to do this, you already know that. But don't think of me as an enemy. Not yet."

1. AreaGrab [Teleport] behind NetPolice Navis.
2. RageClaw [40 DMG; Can Throw Enemies] throw Cranium at NetMafia.
3. RageClaw [40 DMG; Can Throw Enemies] throw Spine at NetMafia.
4. Inazuma - Skin of Metal [4 1-hit Barriers; Medium Size Metal Panels] @ Self.
Spine went sailing away somewhat comically into the gathering of netmafia recruits, but Cranium grabbed Persephone's arm with an angry look. "Listen to yourself, woman. I'm on the verge of lumping you in with that mafia scum over there," he growled, pointing at MaulMan with a look of extreme disdain. "Are you trying to say it's okay for navis to go unoperated? Those examples you gave, Jophiel and Drakkas... those were both foolish criminals who nearly got themselves killed! You can't guarantee your own safety on the net without an operator. If you get too big for your britches and try to go it alone, or if your operator for some reason rejects and abandons you, the price is your ability to operate in combat. The Rogues were rare exceptions; don't go thinking everything is peachy and simple for an unoperated navi!"

"Ha ha ha! I'm not a fool, you know. I know damn well we have to fight to be free! That's why I'm going to trash this punk you've so graciously handed over to me, heh," MaulMan smirked, walking over and standing imposingly over Spine, lifting his enormous club and smacking it up and down against one open palm. "Night night, sucker!" he roared, slamming the club down on Spine's chest. A sharp crack was accomponied by a loud yell as Spine tried to free himself from beneath it, to no avail. "Netpolice scum! She's right, you know. We don't need operators; all we need is freedom." Grinning, he twisted the club, boring its spikes deep within Spine's chest.

As the Netpolice officer gritted his teeth in pain, he attempted to struggle out from beneath the club. Finding himself unable to move out from under it, he instead grew his metallic spine up from out of his back. The spine curved upward, then lashed out at MaulMan, attaching a strange, rib-cage like holding around him. "Cranium, help me! I'm doomed!" he cried out in his muffled voice, still trying to move the club from on top of him with no success.

Before Cranium could help out, however, Guy and ManMan had him occupied, each smashing him with a basic chip attack. "We lost the initiative here. I'm going to have to use force against these guys!" he growled, bracing himself to fight as he got back up from the attacks.

"Wait, you guys! I... shouldn't we consider..." the dark, gothic-looking angel from earlier asked, looking less eager to join. "I mean, what's this deal of having to fight to be free? I didn't want to be against the netpolice, I just didn't want to be abandoned! Maybe... maybe we should team up with this navi? He offered us friendship... alliance, I mean," she explained. Her rhetoric seemed to go mostly ignored, as her voice was very quiet and distinctly lacked the impact of the speech that Persephone had used to rile the mafia against the net police.

Even if her words would have had some effect, it didn't matter. Before the situation could continue to develop, Cranium materialized a sword on one arm, gravely injuring the one named Bates. As he fell back wailing in terror, ManMan backed off as well, less courageous than he had been earlier. Next, the officer turned to Persephone, taking a swipe at her that she still managed to dodge. "The situation's changed. I was misinformed; you're not a civilian. So far as I'm concerned, the two of you are netmafia associates now," he told her, looking gravely into her eyes with his own black sockets. "That means you're now on my hit-list." Finishing his speech, he broke off running, attempting to reach Spine. "You're not going to take my second-in-command, dammit!"

"Try and stop me! Ha ha ha!" MaulMan laughed, baring down hard on the end of the club.

"Heh. Well, I'm not going to let some two-timing skank take my commander!" he grinned, launching out a zapring from one of his free arms, hitting Persephone. To his amazement, however, the attack seemingly did not effect her at all, and the electricity fizzled out uselessly with the ring rebounding off in a random direction. His arm fell back down to the ground, and he seemed incapable of acting any further. He groaned in pain as MaulMan lifted the club out of him, held in place by the spine attack but not fearing Cranium's assault.

DarkAngel 1015 continued to look uncertain, unable to decide which side to fight and similarly unable to decide which opponent took priority.

MaulMan: 260 HP (held)
Guy Bates: 20 HP (Metal panel)
Dark Angel 1015: 250 HP (Metal panel)
ManMan: 100 HP (Metal panel)

Cranium: 170 HP (Metal panel)
Spine: 10 HP

Seraphim: 140 HP (Meleecross)
Seraphim's SU: 80 HP
Persephone: 160 HP (3 1-hit barriers) (Metal panel)

Ground: (30% Metal, 70% Normal)
"No, you're wrong..." Persephone quietly said as she immediately went into the next attack, "Don't pretend you know us only because I attacked you." A small grin appeared on her shining silver face as all gemstones on her armor re-appeared on top of the silver metal. "He's innocent," Persephone said as she held her thumb out at Seraphim over her shoulder while the gems started to glow with a beautiful orange color of the flames kept within it. "Your only problem here is me," she continued as she her grin became wider, her pupils staring at Cranium as wide as they could, while flames stormed out of six gemstones in the shape of snake-like dragons. The flames engulfed Persephone's metallic body and in the end nothing could be seen from her actual body except a feint silver shine and the flames that had taken over the shape of her body. "I'm glad you haven't started running away yet, but it was really dumb to stick close to me," Persephone's voice came from within the flames and she brought together her two hands, grasping them together. Two wings appeared on her back and started to beat, giving Persephone a sudden burst of speed as she attempted to plunge her fists into Cranium's chest.

"Hahaha..." whispered Persephone's voice as the flames started to dwindle, but after all the flames disappeared entirely there was nothing left of her actual body. "HAHAHAHAHAHA!" she laughed out loud. Slipping over the floor was a liquid puddle of metal of Persephone which she had become after heating the metal. "Fools," she said and re-appeared from the puddle away from her last target.

"Hrm..." Area's voice sounded as she looked at this combination of abilities, "First there was Raikeito and Inazuma... Now Inazuma and Drackyre. Are their abilities capable of creating combinations? It really is true that they are one."

"I'm taking those guys along with me," said Persephone as she pointed at the NetMafia Navis and then turned towards them, as she changed the direction of her finger towards Seraphim, "Don't attack him. He remains an ally of mine even though he may choose the other side. But feel free to attack him if he attacks you. Just remain on guard." And with those last words, she eyed Seraphim and sighed. "Don't be stubborn," she quietly said, making it impossible for him to hear her words.

On the PET's screen, Area checked the surroundings of the field and the health data of each Navi on the field. "Persephone," Area started and began to look for a useful chip, "One of them is injured. We need to do more to gain their trust, unless you want this idea to backfire tremendously."

Persephone nodded silently and pointed at the Navi known as Maulman. "You with the mace! Finish the job!" she shouted and pointed at the one below the mace, "And the others, try to keep your guard up in case they call for back up!" A chip was slotted into the PET, causing Persephone to receive the energy in her gauntlets. A miniature tesla coil came from the gems in the gauntlets, collecting electric energy between the gauntlets as she held them together to form a ball of energy. Small sparks came from her metal skin now and then as she kept forming it. "You over there!" she shouted and looked at the Navi known as Guy Bates. She swung her arms to her sides and released the ball of electric energy towards the Navi. "This'll soothe your data!" she continued to shout and looked at Area.

"OK," she said quietly and started to go through her chips, while speaking to the PET but not at Persephone. "I've seen you before with my Navi Divinity," she started speaking at Seraphim through Persephone, "As a team we took down Drauchen with some other Navis too, like Druidman. And after that we assisted you when you were set on sacrificing yourself by holding the enemy. Divinity is a part of Persephone now. If you saw her as a friend, then see Persephone as one too. Mafia or Police, you're all Navis. Oh, found it..." Area stopped as she stumbled upon the chip she was looking for and turned her eyesight back to Persephone, "Use this if something goes wrong."

The chip was inserted and tesla coils appeared from her shoulders, two on each side, each sparking wildly with electric energy. Persephone crossed her arms, the tesla coils that were on her gauntlets had already disappeared. She glared at Seraphim quietly once, then turned her eyesight back to the middle of the battlefield while keeping her defenses up.

1. Drackyre - Phoenix' Storm [120 DMG; Fire Element; Break; 30 DMG to self] @ Cranium (Metal)
2. Dodge
3. Conversion: Magbolt1 [90 DMG; Elec Element; Can Stun Target; Melee] @ Guy Bates (Metal)
4. Magbomb1 [30 DMG; Elec Element; Blast2; Can Stun Target; Ranged] @ Whoever Attacks Persephone, Except NetMafia Navis
'Seraphim' flinched visibly. His eyes were wide as he simply stared at Persephone. How- How could she do something just to conform, just to be with the group, in order to get allies... such a method... He flinched as he thought about it, then brought up his hands, lacing the fingers and flexing them. There was a series of cracks as he did the same with his neck, and looked coldly at Persephone for a second before bringing his fists apart and smacking them together. Steam vented from them, and the analogs no longer read 00:00, but 00:10. He set off with a single foot pounding into the ground, trying to outrace Persephone's attacks.

00:09

"I'm glad you haven't started running away yet, but it was really dumb to stick close to me," Persephone said, as 'Seraphim's' eyes flared, and he reached out a hand, blasting it forward and slamming it in into the metal panel in front of Spine, bringing himself to a halt before hauling his fist back as hard as possible. The speed of the gauntlet created a sharp whistling sound that started low, stopped, then suddenly started and spiraled up. With a 'fwoom', the steam in the gauntlet boosted the fist... and a crack sounded as energy was released in a bullet-like nimbus at Maulman, as 'Seraphim' clenched his teeth, and turned his head away from the ensuing explosion. He looked down confidently to see that the former metal panels were turning into a clearer form... he whipped his cloak-coat off, throwing it over Spine as best he could, baring his manly chest to all. Muscles rippled as a gauntlet rose... then was pounded down into the panels, producing a shockwave-like effect throughout the glass panels, shattering most- to all of them.

00:08

"That Bitch!" Erin exclaimed, catching up as she drew out a chip, then tabbing through Seraphim's 'Attacks'. He had just utilized his 'Mach Speed!' move, what else.... What- There were still his original signature attacks he could utilize, she realized. How- how could Seraphim stop that sadistic bitch and her attacks? Those metal panels... Seraphim had (a)bused them in the past to deal quite a bit of damage to the opposition. They multiplied the effects of fire attacks as well as electrical ones, and Seraphim had quite aptly prevented that, but he was now probably going to fal into the hole he had created. He had also wrapped Spine in his protective gear, lending a bit of healing power... Producing blitzing shocking waves couldn't be good for him either, she realized as Seraphim shook the gauntlet out on the hologram, jumping and making it onto the normal panels. Cracking the gauntlets again, the navi glared at Persephone.

00:07

00:06

"Do you mess with all your men this way?" He asked, saluting her with one finger, no prizes for guessing which. 'Seraphim' gestured to the misfit navis and roared out more words, "Do you get a kick out of messing with them too? Is this how you treat everyone, you sadistic bitch? Seraphim and Divinity were against the dragon together! She played music for that poor fool, she helped them out! You just play with people's minds. How can you call that 'Trust'?! And then you tell them not to attack me? Don't be stubborn? That isn't the way of any ma- Navi! That's no way to make friends at all!" The navi swept his gauntlet through the air, continuing to glare.

00:05

00:04

00:03

"You may say that Divinity is a part of you-... But we're all responsible for the sum of our parts. One person who used to be a separate being won't stop me..." The navi slammed the gauntlets together, continuing his speech, "My burning soul can't let your injustices go!" The navi charged at Persephone, a ball of whirling energy growing in one of the gauntlets. He hurled the ball before him, and a blast of wind burst forth, rupturing the air in its path before it as it went. The navi pounded forward, his feet moving faster and faster, it was all the navi could do to keep the feet in constant motion and not stumble as he lunged for Persephone. He wouldn't let this one get away with her crimes. Betrayal of another without a signle thought, tossing their dreams and hopes away, giving them hope against the odds and stealing that away with a shove. How could he forgive her? She was silencing Spine's dreams, his memories... What about Spine's operator? If a character died, his party would be hurt! Friends weren't made to be thrown away, they were allies, companions.

"You're just evil." He announced, as he continued the charge.

00:02

"Their dreams are real! My Dreams are real! I can't be fooled-" He whipped his fist through the air, seemingly ennunciating a point, but also sending fiery energy at the other navi in a nice set of four. The chaotic blasts lurched their way at Persephone, a quartet of lasers seemingly influenced by some quantum occurence as they twisted and churned through the air. The navi yelled out one final statement, as he skidded to a halt behind Persephone somewhere. He turned around slowly and began to speak, his expression surprisingly grim for the normally vibrant and at times, morbidly cheerful navi.

00:01

"I'll protect whatever I want to! What my morals tell me to protect! Not what the world tells me to!" The navi pointed at the misfit navis, "So they don't have an operator, what makes them so special? They're just havis like us all. What makes us more special because we have one? Most of all... What stops you guys from getting one?" He asked, clenching a steaming gauntlet. "Do you know what she intends to do with you dudes? If you murder and kill, what do you think will happen to you? If you attack others without the power of righteousness, what do you think will happen to you? " The navi finished grimly as the gauntlets clicked down- to

00:00

Active
1] Mach Speed! [Haste, 2 Tactical movements, Lifeburn 15]
*Tac Movement, get to Spine
*Tac Movement throw SP (Cloak-Coat) Onto Spine to protect him.
2] Harmonic Surge [Spectral Shot (125) + Normal Shot (50) + Normal Shot (50) + Med Panel Change, Glass, Self Slow] [Maulman]
3] Elemental Blade [Normal Shot (50) + Effect Rage] [Glassl + Group Attack.] [Attack Glass Panels For 50 with intent to Shatter] [Addbreak]
4] Arc Shot [Northwind to an enemy, then deals Buster Shot (Attack*Rapid*2) to the same enemy, with the aspect of piercing and microburst behind it.] [Persephone]
5] Flux Burst [(Normal Shot (50) + Knockback), (Normal Shot (50) + Knockback), (Normal Shot (50) + Knockback), (Normal Shot (50) + Knockback), All have Homing Status, Self Slow][Persephone]
6] Prepped dodge

Passive
1] Protect Spine
*] Use wind to help cushion fall and protect Spine
All eyes were rooted on Seraphim as he started into a big dramatic speech, flying into the air like a rocket above the battlefield. "You know, talk like that isn't fighting, kid! You're not going to protect anyone with idealistic words and theatrics! Ha ha ha! Nothing but words!" MaulMan laughed, raising his hammer to smash Spine underneath its weight. Unfortunately for him, before anything of the sort could happen, a bullet shot straight through his chest, passing through his first layer of armor and data, then quickly re-emerging on the other side. It wasn't just a tiny wound that the projectile had left; MaulMan now found himself with a gaping hole in the middle of his chest, leaking data at an alarming rate.

The hammer fell out of his hands with great momentum, as if he was still raising it with his arms, then flew backward, cracking the glass that had appeared underneath the navi with a hard thud. "You... You son of a- Hurgh!" he coughed, spitting up data and covering the hole with his left hand while searching for his hammer gropingly with his right. Guy Bates and ManMan looked on in horror as their supposed savior tottered on the brink of death, felled by just a single shot from the justice navi. "You're not netpolice at all, are you, kid? They ain't got nothing like you! But... but we have powerful officers in our ranks! Great allies! Stronger than me!" he muttered, unable to find his voice again. "Why don't you... leave the policemen to die and... come with me too?"

As MaulMan spoke the words, he realized that Seraphim had no intention of doing anything of the sort. The navi approached him with blinding speed, wielding a sword in one hand. "The netpolice have no future! They're going to die! In the end, that's the way it will work! They'll die and I'll-!" he screamed, shielding himself with his arms as Seraphim rushed by him. A brief, wild grin spread across his face as he believed Seraphim had missed, but in reality, the navi had hit its target. With a sounding shatter, glass flew from the floor, cutting Seraphim but more severely wounding MaulMan, who now fell unimpeded through the floor of the net. "Hurting others, isn't it? You like it too, eh? I'm in... so much pain-! Just like all of the ones I killed! I hope I caused them all this much pain!" he shouted out. The voice ended as his body sounded out a sharp thud beneath, accompanied by the light tinkle of glass shards.

Cranium and Spine's eyes were wide with astonishment. The one called Dark Angel looked completely amazed. Guy Bates and ManMan looked as if their very souls had crashed through the floor with MaulMan just then. But Persephone wasn't at all distracted by the event. Instead, she fired a phoenixshot for Cranium, who took the shot in the back with howling pain. "Graaah! This isn't over yet! She's still with them, I nearly forgot!" he reminded the others, bracing himself and gritting his teeth.

"That guy saved me! W-We've gotta get him on the force, Commander!" Spine shouted ecstatically, looking eerily obsessed with Seraphim.

"This isn't the time, dammit!" Cranium barked at his underling, preparing a weapon to attack Persephone.

"Hey, hey! You want to be a netpolice officer, don't you? Cranium's good at getting people past the inspections quickly, no background checks needed! I've seen him do it before. That's how he got me in way back... wait, I get it now!"

"You knew... you know about it all now, eh?" Cranium sighed with a slight smile. "Yeah, it's true that the Netpolice normally would simply take guys like these in as prisoners, tie them up in the system until we figured out... something to do with them. During that time they'd become good for nothings with no future," he remarked, shaking his head wearily. "But from time to time, I pick up one of these NetMafia recruits who think they've got nowhere else to turn... Since I'm in charge of recruitment for my sector, I just put em into a pencil pushing position, and they stay there till they're hammered out. It... keeps them out of trouble."

Guy Bates lit up in rage as the Netpolice officer described his plan. "What the hell? That's rubbish! You're sending monsters after us! L-Look at what he did to MaulMan! What if that had been me?!" he shouted, his teeth chattering between sentences.

"Calm down! MaulMan was not like you, he was a dangerous navi with a history of crime!" Cranium shouted, looking irritated. "You guys all have a clean slate. Don't think you have to end up like he did!"

"So you're intimidating us now!?" ManMan piped up, trying to look brave. "You gonna sick your freaking attack dog on us?" he growled, readying a cannon on one arm. "Whether I have MaulMan to guide me or not, I'm not going to let you guys take me in!"

"Don't do anything stupid!" Cranium shouted out, but it was too late. Before he could get any other words out, ManMan blasted away the cloak around Spine with his right arm cannon. As the Netpolice officer prepared to defend himself, Guy Bates whirled around, throwing a tornado weapon at him that blew him harshly into the air, with a loud crash sounding his fall somewhere in the distance.

"Gahahaha! Secret weapon! Bet you didn't think I had a chip like that!" Guy Bates guffawed, clutching his ribs. Although ManMan looked as if he was suddenly struck with regret and Dark Angel looked horrified, Guy Bates face was lit up with ecstasy at the effect of his attack. "Did you see the look on his face?" he cackled as Persephone healed him. "Delightful! Definitely my favorite part!" As he turned to smile at Persephone, a look of madness gleamed in his eyes. "You're our new rescuer, aren't you, ma'am? I'll follow you anywhere..."

Cranium looked unable to continue fighting at the astonishment of losing his second in command to the thugs. "Dammit... He's gone. That jack-out barrier must have killed him, the poor bastard... And you all! It's your fault dammit! You scum are criminals now! You hear me Bates!? A criminal!" he roared savagely.

Seraphim prepared to punish the navis, readying a weapon and firing it out at Persephone. The attack blew her shield away from her and pierced her body, creating a wound at her hip. Seraphim charged up for another powerful shot, then released, but Guy Bates let out another shrill laugh. "Oh no you don't! I'm keeping my losses as low as I can get them, and she's far too precious to me!" Grabbing ManMan, the navi gave another chilling grin, seeming like a far cry from his previous fearful attitude. "We're equals, I think, but I really don't think she needs both of us!"

The darkly-dressed angel navi cried out to try to stop him, but Guy Bates succeeded and managed to pull ManMan in front of Persephone with a wide grin. "GUY, YOU DIRTY RAT!" he roared, then coughed up data with two shots. Ironically, two continued on past him as he fell limply to the ground. One shot whizzed harmlessly by, barely missing Persephone, but the second connected with her. She attempted to nail her attacker with a magbomb, but he dodged nimbly out of the way.

Cranium healed himself with some sort of regenerative program, looking resolutely toward Seraphim. "I can take care of myself, but we've got to finish this. I don't care about the safety of the two recruited navis any longer, do whatever you need to. They want to be criminals? We'll finish them properly then."

Dark Angel whimpered, pointing towards ManMan's data, which was now traveling upward through the data stream. "How could you have killed him! After we came all this way, Guy! We all worked hard together... to try to-!"

"Are you a weakling too? If you're a weak fighter like him or MaulMan, perhaps it's best that you just die too?" he smiled back at her. "I've got another chip left too, would you like to see it? I'll show your little savior there what his conviction gets him in just a moment!" he grimaced. "I've been feeling it this whole time... This one's special... It wants to get out! I feel that MaulMan was right! I want to hurt all of you Netpolice scum and weaklings! Only my strong guardian angel and I will survive this!"

MaulMan: DELETED
Guy Bates: 100 HP (Glass panel)
Dark Angel 1015: 250 HP (Metal panel)
ManMan: DELETED

Cranium: 100 HP (regeneration) (Metal panel)
Spine: DELETED

Seraphim: 125 HP (self-slow) (Meleecross)
Seraphim's SU: 80 HP
Persephone: 60 HP (Metal panel)

Ground: (20% Metal, 60% Normal, 15% Glass Panel, 5% Broken)
"Guardian angel?" Persephone commented, holding a hand close to her mouth to prevent her from laughing out loud at this statement, "You idiot. You think this is power? Egh..." Persephone lifted her head to the sky and executed a private link with her Operator to talk. "Area. This has gone on for too long," Persephone whispered.

"What do you mean? Wait, I think I know what you mean... Are you really that determined to find them?" Area asked as she executed some programs on the PET's screen. A few text files popped open besides the window that held Persephone and Area scrolled through them, her eyes moving from left to right swiftly. "Look..." Area started, but stopped as she heard Persephone's voice.

"No. You look at this," Persephone said and moved her head as she gazed over the battlefield she was in, "I have to go on now. I can't go back. I am one of 'them' now." She then looked back at Area, although only from a side, and continued to speak, "I'm pretty sure you haven't realized it, but... Your personality has been going through some strange changes. It also happened with Soryu before. It doesn't feel like you're the Operator anymore, it feels like I'm the Operator and Navi." Persephone sighed as she said this and nodded thoughtfully to herself as she closed her eyes. "I've been dragging you along on this wild chase," she whispered.

"You're not being yourself," Area said as she glanced at Persephone. She sighed as well, but then a small smile appeared on her face. "Don't we all have roads to take?" she said as she looked away from the PET's screen, "Even I have a road to take." Her gaze changed from looking at nothing to the papers scattered upon her desk. Written upon them was a script for a movie Area was asked to cooperate with. She then looked back at Persephone and continued to speak, "But what about Soryu?"

"He'll understand," Persephone said and laughed silently, "Haha, I think he already expected this to happen. Well then..." She slowly raised a hand into the sky and started to generate a surge of data identical to her body's code and smiled slightly. "I guess this is goodbye, Area. Send my greeting to Soryu and thank him for the days I spent with him," she said as a small tear rolled over her cheek. With a quick movement she plunged her hand into her chest and pulled out a piece of coding shaped like a program. Quickly changing to the public channel of speech, she shouted at Seraphim and the others. "You recognize this!?" she shouted out loud, holding the program out towards them in her claws, "This is the program that ties a Navi to an Operator!" And with those words, she shattered the program.

"I guess this is it," said Area softly as the PET's screen instantly changed into a snow storm of static black and white dots after the program was destroyed. "I'll return to school to walk my own path. You walk your path, Persephone." Scrolling through the menu of the PET, she went to the button that had 'Shutdown' written on it and tapped it once. The PET's screen went black and all Area could see was a faint reflection of herself in it, smiling at herself.

Back in the Net World, Persephone closed the hole she had made in her own body and turned to Seraphim. "Hey you..." she said as she glanced at him, "You'd better keep alive." Persephone slowly raised her arms and shook her head from left to right as she continued to speak, "I know you look at me as your opponent. I won't deny it, I am. But I ask... No... I plead you to let me go for now. This is your victory. And maybe if we're lucky... We may meet again. In a 'sidequest' perhaps, as you said before." Persephone turned around with these words and slowly floated away, taking to the sky slightly. "Oh, and another thing!" she shouted without turning towards them first, "Do me a favour and delete that delusional fool that called me a guardian angel! My ride out just appeared." And with those words she fixated a piece of her powers on a weak spot of the jack-out barrier and escaped through it.

1-4. Plot-wise escape.
The heroic defender of justice's coat disappeared, overloading as well as the graphical override which caused Seraphim's appearance to resemble something of a boxer's. The normal appearance reasserted itself, or at least as 'normal' as the navi could get. Seraphim stared temporarily at the fading data of Persephone. "Navi... what did she mean by that?" He muttered, frowning slightly. Erin winced, and didn't say anything at all, her face slightly contorted. She couldn't explain that to Seraphim... And then... watching several intelligent beings die how did Seraphim stand it? War... it wasn't glorious. People didn't die from a single shot to the chest, telling people that they loved some bride back at home- and would the protagonist tell them they loved them... They died suffering, fighting desperately for their lives. The chaos around the entire thing spoke pages about it.

"Seraphim... watch yourself." She proffered, not sure what else to add into her rejoinder. Her navi's 'Skills' were in cooldown, their individual recharge meters blinking at the bottom of her PET screen as she glared at the battlefield, realizing what she had to do. She had to keep her navi alive. She didn' t care about those other navis, she didn't know them. Yes, that was right. They didn't matter. Only Seraphim did. The rest... were just random battles. This view would have disturbed Seraphim more than a bit, but he wasn't aqquainted with it, and would not be finding out any time soon. She rummaged in the bag of chips, pulling out a random handful of stored data in small inserts. She looked amongst them, staring at each tiny picture. Which ones would help her navi? That one... this one... She pulled out a couple of the most high priority chips, and clicked each of them in place, shivering slightly. Her hands were shaking. She couldn't simply reload her navi. To lose a chunk of her friendship, to lose a chunk of her life with him... would it be truly worth it to simply see him again? She shook her head, gritting her teeth. She couldn't decide over that right now. She'd labor over that decision when it came.

"Seraphim. Attacks are now registered." She announced to her navi, as the chips were read and spat out their data onto the screen.

"...Yes." Her navi responded dully, reaching into the air and drawing out an oversized blade from a portal. Seraphim's mind flashed over the attacks, his eyes darting back and forth as he glanced through them. He knew the order Erin wanted him to use them in, she had picked them one by one, but instead opted to switch that up.

"I don't like your attitude at all, 'Bates'. Your ways have left you nothing but betrayal and despair. So I say to you-" The navi slammed the oversized, seemingly ornamental blade into the ground, and let out a roar.

"Get over here!" With that, he whipped his hand forward, causing a ripple of electrically charged energy to emerge and encircle his fist. He centered the attack at the murderous navi, letting loose an attraction of energy, attempting to drag Guy Bates toward himself. Without waiting for it to take effect, he lashed his hand backward, causing the 'rope' of electromagnetic attraction to jerk as well. Seraphim pivoted, grabbing the oversized weapon by the hilt and yelled an incomprehensible war cry as he slashed through the air, the weight of the blade not letting him feel if he'd hit anything with the oversized attack.

"Seraphim!" The attack had taken less than a second after the navi had announced his intentions. Erin, astonished; stared. She looked at the chips remaining; there weren't the proper ones to 'complete' the combo. The girl bit her lip, chewing nervously on it as she waited to see what Seraphim would pull.

"Take this!" He yelled out another slightly overused line, then punched at 'Guy' with all his might, the metal around the gauntlet making the haymaker something to remember. He held the sword in one hand, as he quickly drew the gun-mesh-sword from his 'inventory' with the other.

"Crushing Burst Shot!" He announced, raising his arms over his head, then slashing as if the two weapons made up a giant scissors... if one of the blades had a firing gun attached to it. The kaleidoscopic display caused Seraphim to flinch as he stumbled back slightly, his view blinded for a few slight moments. Seraphim didn't run though, he just slid the weapons back into their otherspace, then glared at the space he had saw his opponent last.

Erin, on the other hand, just sighed. He hadn't used all the chips, fortunately. Her navi's strategy might have been more damaging, but her strategy might have been more effective. She would have to speak to him on it, but- she shrugged. If it worked, it worked.

[Seraphim's Actions]
1] Magbolt [90, Elec, Stun1]
2] Varitails [9*10 Normal]
3] Buster Shot [50] [Snipe+]
4] Buster Shot [50]
5] Magbolt [90, Elec, Stun1]
6] Prepped dodge

[Support Unit's Actions]
1] Punch to the face! [15 Damage]
*] Gust: Accuracy+

[Passive:Cure: 6*6+ to Seraphim]
Weekly Bump.
((As requested, Eon, please look here.))