Breeding Center of Attention

"Hngh...ungh...GRAAAAAHHHH!!" And thus was SplashMan possessed, his mind, body, and spirit unable to fully resist the GhostFlame's influence.

-----------------

...Huh? Where was he? It looked like...the ocean. An endless expansion of sea, surprisingly devoid of life. But why was he here? He should still be in his water pool, fighting the viruses...viruses. Right, he remembered the will-o-wisp entering his body. Then all went blank. But that didn't explain why he was suddenly here.

...What the? There was something behind him. SplashMan turned around, to see a single GhostFlame. Somehow, he knew that it was the reason he was in the aquatic void. After all, it'd never happened before. Hmm? That was strange...he just blinked, and there were two flames. Another blink, another flame. Soon, they were multiplying without him having to blink. And just like that, a haunted army formed a wall of flame before his eyes. He could probably take out some, but hundreds...he couldn't go against those numbers. Did this mean he was about to lose his own physical presence...?

"SplashMan!"

A voice echoed faintly throughout the ocean. It was a little hard to hear, but there was no doubt as to its identity.

"You can fight it off! We've been through a lot together...so I know there's no way you can lose!"

A figure appeared next to the Navi; a teenage girl, that he knew very, very well. "Sabrina?"

"Like I just said, you can't lose to these things! So I'm going to do everything I can to help you!"

"Thanks, but...just the two of us? I don't know if we can do it by ourselves this time..." Still, his operator appearing next to him was heartening. Though he had no idea how she appeared in the first place. "I guess we can try, though!"

"Wait!" Another being found itself near SplashMan...a rancher Navi. Hang on, wasn't that the Navi he met at the beginning? "You knew me for all of 15 seconds, and you still found it in your heart to care about me. You'd probably keep fighting now even if you weren't getting a reward! So I have to return the favor and keep you from suffering my fate!"

And then it began. A slew of figures he knew suddenly began to appear by his side...

A NormalNavi. "If this corrupted area expands, it's possible that all of DenTech Area could be affected. As an official GNA representative, I cannot allow failure of your mission."

A fiery, gladiator Navi. "I shall fight alongside you as well...because you are SplashLady's brother, and thus we share a bond of our own."

Another armored Aqua Navi, this one with a water droplet head. "I will not allow a fellow water Navi to fall like this."

A yellow NormalNavi-like figure, with a spear tipped with electricity. "First NetFrica, now this...I guess we're destined to fight against viral armies together."

A white, tentacled blob. "WE HAVE FOUGHT HARD TOGETHER. WE SHALL CONTINUE TO FIGHT HARD TOGETHER."

A middle aged man in red and black. "SplashMan, when I created you, I believed that I had created the strongest Navi I had ever made. I believe you have even more potential than FlareMan...to allow you to fall to the likes of a virus would be a shame."

A tall, red and gray flame Navi. "Hmph...as always, you're trouble. But if you become stronger, you could prove an interesting rival...so I shall assist you on this occasion."

A teenage boy that somewhat resembled Sabrina. "If you were fully possessed, Sabrina would be crushed. And I'd never hear the end of that...so we're making sure you hand around!"

A purple female Navi, with an elongated buster. "You really are an idiot, you know that? But...you're a good person. I always liked that about you. So yep, count me in!"

A middle aged woman with a frying pan in hand. "Like Brandon was trying to say, if you're gone, a part of Sabrina herself would die. And that, in turn, would cause a piece of myself to die. So you're not going anywhere, understood?!"

A floating yellow Navi with large arms. "Sir SplashMan! I'm not the strongest Navi, but I shall do as much as I can to assist you!"

Even the other part of himself was there. "SplashMan, if you lose yourself, you might lose me, too...so let's finally fight together, as sibling Navis!"

...Everyone was here...he wasn't sure how they were all there, but he was genuinely touched to the bottom of his heart for their acts of friendship.

...His heart...was this endless water...his heart? Was all of this...his own soul? So...was everyone here...the parts of their own souls that intertwined with his? "Everyone! Thank you for helping me! I won't forget this! But now...we need to fight together to force these GhostFlames out! Are you ready?"

"Yes!" "Roger!" "Sure thing!" "Let's rock!" "Let's begin!"

"Okay! Here...we...GO!!!" SplashMan pointed forward, causing everyone to rush with their spears, shoulders, fists...whatever they could use. But he wasn't about to ask everyone to fight and not engage himself. He pointed himself towards a spot where no one else was, and opened the back of his cannons, allowing himself to rocket forward, in a powerful tackle.

But as he connected with the will-o-wisps, everything turned white. Had he disspelled his possessor? Did he fail? All he could do now was wait and see...

[Order of Turn:
1-6-Fight off GhostFlameA's possession]
An epic sequence of friendship and strength occurred in SplashMan's psyche, with all his friends rooting for him. The flaming wall threatened him with overwhelming forces, but he persevered, and rammed into the wall head-on...

...and then, it was no more. The flame stood by him in the calm waters, and flickered out. Oh, wait, that Piranha. Uh-oh, arrows. Though the CurseShield kept him nice and snug, chomping down on the worthless opposition, one arrow still stabbed into him, causing major damage due to his weakness. (50) Meanwhile, its companion stumbled around in a dumb search. The plane virus just kind of flew around a bit, knowing it would never enter water, and circled around the sea.

Piranha2A: DELETED
Piranha2B: 120HP (FIRIN MAH LAZOR: Att+10) (ANTI-LULZ: Def-10) [Cursed]
GloomerA: DELETED
GloomerB: DELETED
Ghost FlameA: DELETED
Ghost FlameB: DELETED
FighterPlane2EX: 170HP (Feisty: Shots may stray/+1 shot) [Above Sea]

Terrain:
- 5% Normal (dead end of the road)
- 20% Glitched (more of the area)
- 50% Sea (most of the area)
- 25% Cursed (numerous patches)

SplashMan.EXE: 115HP [Sea Submerge] [Weakness!: Def-10] [BusterCharge2]
...He did it. The will-o-wisp had been expelled from his body, and so utterly defeated that it vanished into nothingness. But, why did his body hurt more now? "Ungh...I guess it took a lot of me, but I did it..."

"Finally, you're back! When you blanked out all of a sudden, I thought you were toast!"

"Well, I'm back! And I have you to thank for it!"

"...You're welcome, I guess...but what are you talking about?"

"Oh, nothing!" If SplashMan had a mouth, he'd have a wide grin on it as he shifted his attention to the true bringer of his pain. "Now let's finish this battle so we can move on!"

"Right!" Now for battlechip insertion. She was sure glad she was able to do it again after that scare. "Battlechip, Recover120! Battlechip, MachineGun2! Double slot in!"

The Navi's body glowed for a moment, as some of his various injuries were healed with a flash of light. In addition, a new weapon formed over his hand. It resembled a Shooter virus's choice of weaponry, essentially its sentry post without its tower or seating for one. Other than that, it was intact, right down to the windshield in front of where the viral person would sit. He pointed the double barrels towards the red fish that had speared him, and released its inner mechanism...causing an utter hailstorm of bullets to fly towards the Piranha, as SplashMan did his best to keep himself from flying backwards. He didn't seem to completely succeed, but he was fairly sure he at the very least kept the gun pointed in the same general direction. Even if he was upside down afterward.

Flipping himself right side up, the aquatic battler swam up to the surface, eventually standing atop it in a blatant defiance of surface tension. And there it was...the FighterPlane. Looked like it still had plenty of endurance left too...but come to think of it, his back cannons still had all that water he pumped into them earlier, didn't they? After taking a moment to get his land bearings back in order, and trying to get a good bead on the aerial virus, he lowered his artillery down to where he could shoot things other than what was right above him, and started shooting an enormous blast of water at the plane. However, it was much longer than it had been in the past. This time, he was putting his refilled internal tanks to good use, essentially allowing him a shot twice as long as a normal one. Hopefully, that'd ensure that the FighterPlane would go down in flames, and that the present ordeal would subsequently come to an end.

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover120 chip on SplashMan (120, Recovery)
2-MachineGun2 chip attack on Piranha2B (50, hits 9 times, missed shots may hit nearby enemies)
3-Emerge
4-Water Splash charge attack on FighterPlane2EX (200, Aqua, Spread 1)
4a-Reserve Tank R (passive buster charge)
4b-Reserve Tank R (passive buster charge)
5-Water Splash charge attack on FighterPlane2EX (200, Aqua, Spread 1)
6-Dodge]
Healing up, SplashMan readied a large firearm... and let loose. The effect was that the gun made the pool of water spray out in a fountain of massive bullets, with the machine gun rounds going literally everywhere above the water like a hail of death. Two rounds hit the Piranha, and that was the end of it, while one hit the panicking FighterPlane. Afterwards, SplashMan's Water Splash ended it fairly quickly for the virus.

Piranha2A: DELETED
Piranha2B: DELETED
GloomerA: DELETED
GloomerB: DELETED
Ghost FlameA: DELETED
Ghost FlameB: DELETED
FighterPlane2EX: DELETED

Terrain:
- 5% Normal (dead end of the road)
- 20% Glitched (more of the area)
- 50% Sea (most of the area)
- 25% Cursed (numerous patches)

SplashMan.EXE: 235HP

-ROGUE BATTLE THREE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards: 3150z
That battle was entirely too painful...aside from that one profound moment in his inner consciousness. And even that gave him a headache if he thought for too long. But the viruses were gone, and all he had to do was gather the remaining data and send it over to Sabrina. Which he did. "I'm kinda drained now..."

"Well, you've gotta hang in there. The mission isn't over yet!"

Unfortunately, he was already aware of that. But it shouldn't be too much longer. At least he hoped so as he started his way forward once again...

(MISSION BATTLE #4, PLEASE)
The trek through the glitched path was not pleasant, as SplashMan fought off bug after bug trying to take over his systems. Then, he met his saving grace: a normal-panel pathway, just a few yards away from him! And- viruses, blocking his path to it. A duo of demon-eyed DemonEye crossed their sight-lasers in an X pattern, trapping him in a wedge. Flanking the DemonEye were googly-eyed MegaCorn, some enterprising Webby and a few bouncing TuffBunny. Behind the DemonEye sat comfortably the instrument-shaped Trumpy.

(All on Glitched unless specified)
DemonEyeA: 180HP (laser to left of Splash) (Laser Focus: Wider aperture of scan laser)
DemonEyeB: 180HP (laser to right of Splash) (Laser Error: Small breaks in scan laser)
MegaCornA: 100HP (Nice Corn: Hits recover 10%Att)
MegaCornB: 100HP (Recoil: Hits damage self by 25%Att)
WebbyA: 140HP (WebbingEX: Thicker span of webbing)
WebbyB: 140HP (Mid-Life: Has existential crisis)
TuffBunnyA: 100HP (Depression: Cannot bounce)
TuffBunnyB: 100HP (Impression: Pompous)
Trumpy2EXA: 180HP (Normal) (Cacophony: Plays horrible music)
Trumpy2EXB: 180HP (Normal) (Symphony: Plays good music)

Terrain: 20% Normal, 80% Glitched

SplashMan.EXE: 235HP

-ROGUE BATTLE FOUR, FIGHT!!-
Joy, more viruses. But the fact there was a new path of safeness made him feel much more confident that he was getting close. Now if only he could get there without being completely zapped by giant eyes. "I, uh...don't like the looks of this..."

"Then let's make it look better by getting rid of some of the viruses!" Hmm, but what chips should she send over?

...CREEEEEAK.

...That door was starting to open, and not by itself...in the blink of an eye, Sabrina found herself cramped under a desk. Hopefully, whoever was in there didn't need to use it. "Okay, new plan. You try to keep them at bay for now, while I make sure I don't get kicked out!"

"...Huh? Don't tell me you're about to get busted..."

"Shh! I'm really cramped down here...I can't even move my arms. So I can't really send you any chips right now. I'll try to see what I can do, but...well, do as much as you can!"

As much as he could...that was probably two good cannon shots, then do everything he could to avoid the other viruses. Fun. Hmm...maybe he could surprise them if he did them in rapid succession? Couldn't hurt, most likely. And so, as he nonchalantly stood there, SplashMan began filling his back artillery with water from his own insides. And those tanks that held the leftover water energy from his various Aqua chips. And any other spot he had that held water that didn't know about. It was pretty close to capacity by the time he finished, even before he started launching it. But now, for the surprise attack. He casually turned to one of the green-eyed viruses, and the musical instrument behind it.

But no more Mr. Nice Navi. With surprising speed, the cannons spun nearly 90 degrees to over his shoulders, and began blasting water as powerfully and quickly as he could muster. It was a simple task, really, as he had become very, VERY good at using his cannons recently. The real trick came after he had finished; with a single pivot towards the other DemonEye and Trumpy, he shot even more watery death at viruses, trying to torrent them with his strongest attack. He strained as hard as he could to squeeze every last drop of water from his dual weapons, in an attempt to get as much out of it as possible. Exactly why he did that wasn't clear, as it was obvious that it was like shooting something with a fire hose, then a squirt gun immediately afterwards. But you had to admire his effort.

Now came a new problem. He had to try to avoid every remaining virus, with potentially a very limited area to do so. Now, how was he going to manage that...?

"Finally, got one!" It took some effort, but Sabrina finally managed to grab a single chip from her folder, and took a look at the picture. Red and blue area, with the red area expanding over the blue. Perfect. "Battlechip, AreaGrab! Slot in!"

And the Aqua Navi's question was abruptly answered as he found himself warped to more stable ground. ...And he was highly pleased to be on it. But he decided to remain still for the moment, just in case the viruses were dumb enough to not realize where he went. But even if they did notice him, he was ready for an evasive maneuver or two.

[Order of Turn:
0a-Reserve Tank R (passive buster charge)
0b-Reserve Tank L (passive buster charge)
1-Buster charge
2-Buster charge
3-Water Splash charge attack on DemonEyeA (200, Aqua, Spread 1) (Primary Spread target: TrumpyEXA)
4-Water Splash charge attack on DemonEyeB (200, Aqua, Spread 1) (Primary Spread target: TrumpyEXB)
5-AreaGrab chip to Normal terrain area (teleports user)
6-Dodge]
Charging up his water tanks was a great idea, as it gave the viruses full reign to focus on their attacks as well. As he charged up, the Trumpy began to play a strange lilting melody, and suddenly, green light washed over every single virus on the battlefield. That is, all except for the Trumpy themselves. Then, SplashMan fired his powerful attacks on the DemonEye... which proved to be completely useless, as the force of the gun was nullified against the green light into nothingness. Then, all the viruses blasted their attacks all at once against him... which passed into nothingness as well, as the aqua Navi was gone, behind the DemonEyes. The MegaCorn's shots of corn were fruitless, the Webby's webs were wildly off-target, and the TuffBunny's tough-looking streaks of electrical energy passed through the holes in the webs.

It wasn't all smooth sailing, however. The DemonEyes were smarter to catch up, as their laser sights immediately changed to trap him between them, and SplashMan found himself flanked by two unpleasant-looking red lines. They had also moved onto the normal, unglitched terrain as well, where the Trumpy used to be. The only good thing about this was that all the viruses seemed to have lost their green light-shield thing.

DemonEyeA: 180HP (Normal) (laser to left of Splash) (Laser Focus: Wider aperture of scan laser)
DemonEyeB: 180HP (Normal) (laser to right of Splash) (Laser Error: Small breaks in scan laser)
MegaCornA: 100HP
MegaCornB: 100HP (Recoil: Hits damage self by 5%Att)
WebbyA: 140HP (Webbing2: Webs inflict Hold if hit)
WebbyB: 140HP (Mid-Life: Has existential crisis, depressed)
TuffBunnyA: 100HP (Depression: Cannot bounce, slow)
TuffBunnyB: 100HP (Impression: Pompous) (Permahaste)
Trumpy2EXA: DELETED
Trumpy2EXB: DELETED

Terrain: 20% Normal, 80% Glitched

SplashMan.EXE: 235HP (Normal)
That...was not how he envisioned that to turn out. But he deleted viruses, and escaped unscathed, and that was good enough for the time being. But, how to defeat those eyeball viruses...he definitely wasn't going to be able to move very far if he didn't. He most likely wouldn't be able to pull off a double Water Splash like before, but he could at least defeat one that way. With virtually no charging time, SplashMan lowered his cannons to firing level, and pumped large quantities of water at one of the green eyes; perhaps this time, he'd catch them off guard with raw speed as well as raw power.

SLAM!

And the door was closed. Slowly, Sabrina made her way out from under her refuge, peeking over the desk to see if she was alone. And she was. Phew, that was close. "All right, we're clear! So, DemonEye...they're Elec element, so walking into those sensor lines is a really, really bad idea. It also means...they're weak to Wood!" And that was a weakness they could exploit. "Battlechip, Boomerang! Double slot in!"

An unusual apparatus appeared on the Navi's right hand; it appeared metallic, with a single wide slit that went from end to end. A couple moments later, a wooden boomerang was almost magically dispensed from the opening. Normally, he'd toss it with some finesse, to hit multiple viruses with a single throw. But this time, he had two shots, and there was only one virus he really wanted to hit with it. This allowed him to use a more forceful throw, throwing the curved wooden L more like a throwing knife than an actual boomerang. This produced the interesting effect of his motion ending nearly exactly where his arm needed to be for the second hurl, allowing the second attack to be pulled off slightly quicker than it normally would've been. Of course, he still needed to wait for the second boomerang to actually appear before throwing. And he still made sure to make it a throw, instead of an elegant, come in from the side floating toss. He definitely didn't want to try anything cute and get zapped.

And now, a conundrum. If there was even one weakened DemonEye left, SplashMan couldn't move around. But they still needed to attack. So they needed a battlechip that attacked without him moving an inch. ...Wait, that wasn't a conundrum at all. Her Netopian techer would be highly displeased with her. "All right, sit tight for a moment! Battlechip, AquaDragon! Slot in!"

A blue pot appeared on the battlefield; exactly where it was wasn't clear. This appeared to be a bad thing, as a WaterDragon burst like a geyser from it, with a mighty roar...but as it turned out, it was only bad for anything that wasn't a Navi, as it leaped out from its home to attack whatever was nearby with reckless abandon. After all, it was invincible, why shouldn't it smack things with no regard for itself or others? Aside from SplashMan himself, anyway.

And now for some more chip fun. Especially when it involved defending her Navi, then making whatever attacked him toast. "And this doesn't need an explanation either! Battlechip, CurseShield! Slot in!"

Another Navi assisting virus warped into the battle, as a Dominerd appeared on SplashMan's right arm, and was promptly used as a shield. A shield that, if hit, rushed forward and bit whatever attacked it into submission. Creepy, yet handy. Now, how was he going to dodge anything else that came his way...well, even if the DemonEyes kept him sufficiently corralled, there was always such tried and true tactics like sidestepping and ducking. Come to think of it, he wasn't the most mobile Navi anyway, so that probably wasn't a bad idea even if he had free reign. Oh well, he'd figure something out if he was attacked.

[Order of Turn:
1-Water Splash charge attack on DemonEyeA (200, Aqua, Spread 1)
2-Boomerang1 chip attack on DemonEyeB (60, Wood)
3-Boomerang1 chip attack on DemonEyeB (60, Wood)
4-AquaDragon chip attack on virus group (150+15, Aqua, attacks until it creates 25% Sea terrain) (Aqua Boost)
5-CurseShield1 chip on SplashMan (160, blocks and counters an attack)
6-Dodge; avoid tripping DemonEye sensors]
KER-SPLOOSH

And that was that, the DemonEyes were sufficiently out of SplashMan's hair. Err, dome. Whatever. Anyway. The subsequent Boomerang double attack was not as futile as it seemed, as it happened to cross the path of one unlucky TuffBunny and a MegaCorn as well. Then, the Webby started to move in to attack... which was a bad move, as they were ripped to shreds with the AquaDragon's awesome might. The other enemies weren't about to stand still and let themselves be Navi chow, and thus the remaining MegaCorn and TuffBunny banded together, attacking SplashMan all at once. SplashMan's CurseShield did help a bit by taking out a MegaCorn, but other than that, he was promptly hit by a very enterprising young MegaCorn's shots. (70) He was lucky the TuffBunny appeared to be a lousy shot due to its constant jumping around. It seemed to be really, really fired up about something. On closer inspection it appeared to have a rather striking moustache for some reason, and a very fashionable monocle.

DemonEyeA: DELETED
DemonEyeB: DELETED
MegaCornA: 40HP (Agnostic)
MegaCornB: DELETED
WebbyA: DELETED
WebbyB: DELETED
TuffBunnyA: DELETED
TuffBunnyB: 100HP (Gentlemanly) (Permahaste x2)

Terrain: 20% Normal, 55% Glitched, 25% Sea

SplashMan.EXE: 165HP (Normal)
Well, aside from getting bombed by popcorn, that went pretty well. Or so the aquatic Navi thought. Actually, that would probably be thought by almost anyone that watched the battle. Now, to get some revenge on that MegaCorn. "Let's finish these guys, quick!"

"Yeah, I bet we're getting close. But first things first...heal up!" After all, who knew what they'd face next. Fifth battles had a weird tendency to be really tough. It was, like, some kind of rule of the universe or something. And in a place like this...ugh. Battlechip, Recover120! Slot in!"

Woo, healing energy. Always nice, but this time it could actually be important. After all, 285 was a higher number than 165. Much higher. "Glad that's taken care of. Now come on, we've got viruses to wrap up!"

"Hey, that's my line!" Now, what to send over. The MegaCorn was weakened, and the TuffBunny was acting like it was on something...seemed like a good time for some good ol' fashioned 'deleting viruses with the very chip they give'. "All right, I know what you're going to think when you get this...but go for the MegaCorn! Battlechip, CornShot2! Slot in!"

SplashMan's hand did its transformation, become a rounded, simplified MegaCorn. Unlike the virus's more bomb like trajectory, all he had to was point the vegetable towards its likeness, and fired exploding popcorn at the...exploding popcorn generator. But in another variation, upon connection, a second kernel would burst from the original, and quickly make its way over to the TuffBunny...which could only be safely said because there were only two viruses left.

But nothing was ever completely safe when viruses of that power were involved. Which meant some extra insurance wouldn't hurt. Unless her Navi completely missed, but that was unlikely. "And just in case, pepper them with this! Battlechip, MachineGun2! Slot in!"

A double barreled gun, complete with its own windshield, took the place of his previous, corny weapon. Due to its wildness, he didn't have to have perfect, pinpoint accuracy when aiming...he merely needed to make sure it was in the same area. And then, the complete and unabridged might of a Shooter virus spewed from the two holes in the front of the gun, showering the entire area with bullets. The sheer force nearly made the Aqua Navi lose his balance and stumble backwards, but luckily, short legs and having a lot of weight were conducive toward standing one's ground.

Unfortunately, they also didn't assist that much when it came to evading any angry remnants of the virus remnants. But he had plenty of time to focus on it, so he stood a chance nonetheless...

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover120 chip on SplashMan (120, Recovery)
2-CornShot2 chip attack on MegaCornA (60, Spread 1, Spread auto-targets nearest enemy)
3-MachineGun2 chip attack on TuffBunnyB (50, hits 9 times, missed shots may hit nearby enemies)
4-Dodge
5-Dodge
6-Dodge]
Patching up his wounds quite well, SplashMan made quick work of the MegaCorn with his CornShot, deleting the popcorn generator. However, there was still the problem of the hyperactive gentleman bunny. The bunny's quick hoppings did it nothing, as the wide spray of powerful machine gun rounds quickly caught it and deleted it.

DemonEyeA: DELETED
DemonEyeB: DELETED
MegaCornA: DELETED
MegaCornB: DELETED
WebbyA: DELETED
WebbyB: DELETED
TuffBunnyA: DELETED
TuffBunnyB: DELETED

Terrain: 20% Normal, 55% Glitched, 25% Sea

SplashMan.EXE: 285HP (Normal)

-ROGUE BATTLE FOUR, VICTORY!!-

Rewards:
- [ZapRing2] Battlechip
- 3500z
And the path was finally clear. But first, SplashMan found himself eyeing the path ahead as he accessed the remains of the viruses for goodies once again. "Sending stuff over! There's chip data, but I think it's just ZapRing..."

...Ugh, he was right. ZapRing2. Bleh. "At least there's good cash with it. And I guess I can trade the chip for something. But we've got more important thing to worry about. We've gotta be getting close to the center by now, after all the walking you've done. Oh, hang on a sec!" Folder chips...reserve chips...there, Sub Chips. And there was one chip in that pocket: MiniEnergy. It wouldn't fully heal her Navi, but he'd be pretty close. And since they didn't know what was coming, he should be as healed as possible. "Here's a Sub Chip, so you're in as good a shape as possible!"

Even more healing energy went through the aquatic Navi, restoring him to nearly full levels. "All right...here I go!" And before he could get apprehensive about what he could bump into, he followed the non-glitched road, to bump into whatever it was that he'd probably get apprehensive about if he thought about it.

(DREADED MISSON BATTLE #5, INCOMING)
(MiniEnergyPack x 1 used)
"Kekekekeke..."

As SplashMan walked along the path, he came to a building that looked as if it was made of stone brick. Of course, that would be how it would look, were it not that only a quarter of the building remained. The rest of the building was gone to some sort of spherical explosion. On further inspection, it would seem that at the edges of the explosion, the bricks were glowing a faint violet. Before SplashMan could react to this, however, his attention was turned to the side of a building, where a unnatural shriek came from.

"SKRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE-"

And just like that, it was cut off. Wow, that was traumatizing. Wonder what SplashMan would do next?
A building...this was definitely where he needed to be. Problem was, most of the building didn't seem to exist. "This is weird...what happened to the building?" And the edge bricks...were they glowing? "These bricks are glowing purple..."

"Normally I like purple, but that's just freaky. Wonder what caused the-"

"SKRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE-"

...If SplashMan had blood, it would've frozen. In fact, he was pretty sure that his water temperature just plummeted. "I...didn't like the sound of that..."

"I just got goosebumps hearing it...but we came here to find the source of what's going on, so you need to check it out. Let's go!"

Hoo boy...this wasn't going down as the most fun he'd ever had on a mission. Unfortunately, Sabrina had a point. And there was still that weird sequence he remembered from that one battle. If he chickened out now, he'd ruin everyone's faith in him. Like before, he tried to think about it as little as possible as he rushed towards the source of the silenced noise.
SplashMan went around the front of the building to the side, and came face-to-face with the culprit responsible for the massive glitch outbreak. The person standing there was extremely short, shorter than even him; he practically squatted below him at about three feet. SplashMan saw the side of the figure's complicated and flowing purple garb, which seemed to flap of its own accord, without wind. Strapped to the person's back was a very large rectangular gun, looking very ominous with various runes etched into its side. The cloaked person was kneeling down, making him(her?) look even shorter, next to a rather fluffy little bunny-like animal. It had unusually large ears, but other than that it looked pretty harmless.

"Aren't you the cutest little thing...

Suddenly, SplashMan realized that the figure had sunk a hideously-clawed right hand into the animal's head. Then, the figure extracted it with a squick and stood up. SplashMan then saw that the animal had a terribly disfigured face, as if someone had eaten from its eyes and nose and mouth, and didn't bother to clean up.

"Kekekekeke... and who might you be?" the figure said, in a squeaky, childish voice of sorts.

The purple-cloaked figure reached for the gun behind him in one sweeping move, pointing it at SplashMan with impossible strength. The hood of the cloak lifted slightly, and the aqua Navi could see rows upon rows of grinning yellow teeth shining in the dim light.

"You look... fun to play with. Are you... fun to play with?" the figure said. He then gestured towards a nondescript pile that Splashman had ignored for the time, towards a pile of Guard Navis, all infected with the purple bugs from earlier, dressed the same as the one he met as well.

"Fun... to play with?" he repeated.

The Lunatic: 700HP (Glitched)
Animal-thing?: 40HP (Glitched) (Beside Lunatic)

Terrain:
- 30% Glitched (Centred around Lunatic)
- 70% Normal (Everywhere else)

SplashMan.EXE: 335HP (Normal)

-BATTLE FIVE, STANDBY-
This was...this was...SplashMan couldn't think of the proper word to describe the scene his eyes were gazing upon. Perhaps the right word didn't exist at all. All he could do was stare, without even a mouth to leave gaping open. "I don't believe it..."

"Y-Yeah..." Right out of a horror movie. Sabrina's biggest weakness. "So, um...maybe this isn't a great thing to say, but are you ready?"

Was he ready? His opponent was completely psycho, and apparently could turn other things like that, too. Of course he wasn't ready. He'd never be ready for that.

...Was what he'd normally say. But this time, he had something else to fight for. That sequence with the GhostFlame...it seemed so dreamlike, and yet, he was sure it wasn't just something he made up. But quitting would just let all of his friends' efforts go to waste. And if he did that, how could he look them in the eye? So, yep...he was more than a little scared, but he was ready to fight this time.

With that, the Aqua Navi crossed his arms over his chest, and started the process of putting large quantities of water into a small part of his cannons. "...Yeah, I'm lots of fun to play with. So let's play!" With that exclamation, the back artillery lowered over his shoulders, and shot an enormous water blast at the clearly deranged opponent. Perhaps never before had he put that much force into a single Water Splash attack...but the fact that this was the apparent mastermind of the attack made his internal water boil. There was no method to the madness. It wasn't even trying to fulfill some grand scheme. It was simply...doing it. Somehow, that made it all even worse.

As the liquid assault ran out, SplashMan took a good look at the creature not far from Lunatic. If it was something he'd seen before, it was beyond recognition. And it had taken a claw directly to some core programs not long ago. If he didn't do something quick, who knows what that...thing would do to it. He didn't like the idea of what he was about to do, but he had a feeling it wasn't any worse than what had already happened to it. "I'm sorry...Sabrina, could you send me something not very strong? I don't like it, but I honestly think it might be better to put the rabbit thing out of its own misery..."

His operator couldn't help but cringe at that very thought. But...he probably had a point. "I-I understand...here. It's just CornShot...I don't really feel like yelling it out, since you're going to...yeah." Cue shuddering.

With a heavy heart program, the Navi's right hand changed into a rounded MegaCorn, which he positioned towards the living victim of the psycho's attack. But he had one thing to say first... "I'm sorry!" And with that, a bullet of popcorn launched from the vegetable's mouth, hopefully supplying the last pain that program would know, and granting its tormenter some retribution at the same time in the form of the second bullet. With that deed done, he could shift his focus completely on his foe. At least on this occasion, he had absolutely no incentive to hold back. He could fight with all of his power with no consequence. But to do that, he needed a battle plan. And that wasn't exactly his forte. "Sabrina! I know this is probably freaking you out...but you need to focus! You're the brains between us, so I need you to use it!"

"I-I..." Hoo, her heart was about to beat right out of her chest. Which would probably bloody up the computer she was in front of, and get her booted for sure. "I...I've got ya! You're putting your life on the line, while I sit out here and watch. The least I can do is be brave myself!" Okay, Jetto, think. SplashMan's enemy is unhinged, to say the least. Any less hinged, and he'd probably attack the destroyed building and think it was SplashMan. ...Wait, maybe they could do something with that..."Time to make this guy pay for everything he's done! Battlechip, Skully2! Slot in!"

The aquatic fighter's hand shifted back to its usual shape, but now had a rather sizable bone wrapped within it. Leaning back, he threw the skeletal piece like a boomerang, causing it to spin rapidly as it sailed towards the enemy. But for some reason, it seemed slightly slower than the wooden boomerangs he was used to tossing. Maybe it'd at least do something special because of it? Having not really used it, he had little knowledge of what it did, so he would have to be content with watching the results for himself.

"Okay, we have no idea what this guy can do to attack, so I want you to focus on figuring out what he might try to do, and avoid it. You know, dodging and stuff. But be careful...I've got a bad feeling about him."

Him? Was it a him? It was almost impossible to tell anything about the nut standing before him. All SplashMan knew was that if he didn't stop him now, other Navis, and perhaps even some viruses that wouldn't attack Navis, would most likely suffer at his/her/its hands. And that...was something he simply couldn't allow.

[Order of Turn:
1-Water Splash charge attack on The Lunatic (200, Aqua, Spread 1)
2-CornShot2 chip attack on Animal-thing? (60, Wood, Spread 1, spread auto-targets nearest enemy)
3-Skully2 chip attack on The Lunatic (120, Homing, confuses)
4-Dodge
5-Dodge
6-Dodge]
"Time to play!"

With the gun already pointed and primed, the gun roared to life, its barrel shining violet. One of the runes on its sides lit up, depicting a blazing fire. A haggard, lethargic voice, its source obviously the gun, announced, "Mode-one."

"Playtime now!" the lunatic screamed.

Water met fire as SplashMan relegated his first attack to his rear cannons, both attacks coming together and exploding in a massive burst of haze and steam. Both SplashMan and his opponent were knocked back from the force, heavily damaged from the assault. (180, Glitch x3) SplashMan found himself now scattered with the purple bugs that had infected the Guard Navis, clawing their tentacled grip into his armor and his face and everywhere else they could.

The strange little animal beside the lunatic twitched slightly, and lifted its transmogrified stare towards SplashMan. Its mouth began to emit a screech of incredibly high-pitch as it lunged for SplashMan.

"Skreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-"

Cut short by the CornShot, the animal was put out of its misery as its face was riddled with popcorn-holes. It fell with a pamf at his feet, face-up, still in that deadly grimace, courtesy of one Lunatic. Its eyesockets were still wide open, as if it were still alive, seeking infinity. The sockets, and the holes he had made in it, bled dark purple as it started to disintegrate.

The garbed lunatic did nothing to mourn the loss of his/her/its friend, but instead proceeded to hop around. SplashMan's opponent seemed to be slowed somewhat, however. Perhaps it was due to the force brought on from his earlier attack. The bone was thus easily dodged, with its second whirl doing nothing as well.

"Second round~! Hehehehehe!!"

The mere sound of the Lunatic's voice already seemed to affect SplashMan's psyche, causing him to falter. (Glitch) This was going to be a tough fight...

--- Opponent ---
The Lunatic: 500HP (Normal)
Effects:

[li]Twitchy Arm - Accuracy -1 (2 turns)
    [li]Self-Slow (1 turn)
  • Strengthen 30
--- You ---
SplashMan.EXE: 235HP (Normal)
Effects:

[li]Hidden Strength - Regen 3 (3 turns)
    [li]Unintelligible - All talk turns to gibberish (1 turn)
    [li]Nervous - Accuracy -1 (3 turns)
  • Nerve Wracked - Buster Lock (1 turns)
--- Terrain ---

[li]30% Glitched (Centred around Lunatic)
  • 70% Normal (Everywhere else)
Despite being there, despite witnessing everything that had occured...SplashMan had no idea what in the world just happened. He took damage, the nut he was fighting took damage, and the rabbit wound up trying to kill him before he took initiative and eliminated it with corn. Well, he had one thing to say about that. "Jelly beans and chairs!"

...What? That's not what he wanted to say at all...try that again. "Wire fences are great for keeping out large animals!" ...That wasn't it, either. Was this the effect of the purple bugs? He really didn't like the feeling of creepy crawly things, especially when he already knew they screwed things up. Now if only he could convey these thoughts to his operator...

"Gigamegaterra!" ...That was going to be one serious 'if', apparently.

"Dunno what you're talking about, but it's kinda distracting me...mind canning it for a minute?" Sabrina actually wasn't trying to be mean; she was just the only one that saw the time limit for the gibberish. It was errors 3 and 4 that were bothering her. Especially that 4th. "Oh, and do me another favor. Don't try Water Splash until I say otherwise, okay?" A silent thumbs-up from her Navi let her know that was acceptable. Now, for some chips.

'Nervous - Accuracy -1'. That didn't seem very pleasant. She needed to do something that countered that...like AreaGrab. That'd do the trick. And there was always a nice AquaSword to go with that. But that Lunatic thing was freaking her out...she should probably play it safe and send over some extra defense. So...sword and shield? That sounded familiar. "Get ready to play knight, SplashMan! Battlechip, AreaGrab! Battlechip, AquaSword! Battlechip, CurseShield! Triple slot in!"

The Aqua Navi disappeared from his position, sent to a parallel universe for a moment so he could casually walk over to his opponent's back, and reappear in the correct dimensions there. However, once he was back in the right world, he possessed a sword and shield for his personal use. Neither were conventional; the shield on his left arm was essentially a Dominerd virus, and the sword over his right hand glowed a translucent blue. But before he could lose too much of the surprise, SplashMan tried to make good use out of his water saber, delivering a pair of cuts with the blade. Neither were exactly the most focused, clean slashes he had ever performed, but at the same time, it was clear he wasn't just hacking away with no regard for whatever was or wasn't in the way of it.

Deciding not to chance getting brutalized for being overzealous, the watery fighter backed off, putting his viral shield between him and the psycho...Navi?...in front of him. There'd be other opportunities to attack, but only if he made sure he was still standing when that time came.

[Order of Turn:
1-CurseShield1 chip on SplashMan (160, blocks and counters an attack)
2-AreaGrab chip to behind The Lunatic (teleports user)
3-AquaSword chip attack on The Lunatic (80+15, Aqua, Slashing) (Aqua Boost)
4-AquaSword chip attack on The Lunatic (80+15, Aqua, Slashing) (Aqua Boost)
5-Dodge
6-Dodge]
Talking gibberish and nonsense for some time, SplashMan decided not to waste time and simply jumped into parallel dimensions. He got this awesome sword and shield, too, but he was kinda short to be a knight. Maybe a squire or something. When he got to the real dimensions once again, this guy shot his gun in the wrong direction, and he laughed, too. That made SplashMan's head kinda hurt, though. (Glitch) Made him feel like doing cartwheels. But anyway, this Lunatic guy wasn't done with just firing off like that.

"N-nyaaargh. So hard to play," said he.

And thus forth, his gun popped up an extension, which spawned a large purple glowing blade, almost identical to that of SplashMan's. He swung it backwards, and it recoiled off the AquaSword SplashMan threw in his/her/its direction. Again did SplashMan strike, but this time the lunatic simply jumped backwards and made some room for him/her/itself.

"Rrrrrround three!"

--- Opponent ---
The Lunatic: 500HP (Normal)
Effects:

[li]Twitchy Arm - Accuracy -1 (1 turns)
    [li]Strengthen 60
  • WideSword 2/3 Uses Left
--- You ---
SplashMan.EXE: 256HP (Normal)
Effects:

[li]AquaSword 1/3 Uses Left
    [li]CurseShield 1/1 Hit Left
    [li]Hidden Strength - Regen 3 (2 turns)
    [li]Nervous - Accuracy -1 (2 turns)
  • Cartwheel - Must cartwheel when moving/dodging (2 turns)
--- Terrain ---

[li]30% Glitched (Centred around Lunatic)
  • 70% Normal (Everywhere else)