Inside the shop

"Eherm. Well then," he said, making the exchange with a strange expression. He then quickly returned to his business.

That look... is it possible he was testing her intelligence?
Her eyes stayed locked with his as she took her PET back. "Thank you sir," she said slowly, locking her fist and palm again, but this time, keeping her eyes rooted on his instead of bowing. It was all very disarming, however, she simply turned and walked out of the store with a casual wave.
Elbowing the door roughly open, Anti crossed the shop quickly and halted in front of the counter. Out came her wallet from some unknown location, and from it was extracted a crumpled-up piece of paper that she had found when she had been packing up for the move to Electopia. She slapped it down on the counter.

"Process Upgrade 1."
he takes the voucher and looks at it, verifying it and nodding. He places it beneath the register and handing her the disk,

"There you are, enjoy the program there!" he said, smiling politely, before turning white from the gaze she cast back.
Anti nodded shortly, turned sharply and headed out the door at quick pace. Again, there was nothing to speak of, so she wasn't going to waste time shooting the breeze with a program shop owner. Now that she had this new Process Upgrade, she was set on trying it out, not hanging around and wasting time.
Craning his neck for a moment, Marlowe lowered his fedora and promptly left the premises.
First thing first, Sieg entered the shop after he left the subway. He was planning to buy some upgrades for Valkyrie, from the money that they got from defeating viruses. Valkyrie is too proud to ask for upgrades, and Sieg is too proud to use the money that someone else earned; there was a mutual agreement between the 2 that the money that Val earns from busting is spent on improving her.

There were few costumers inside. He stepped to the counter and asked for a HP memory and a lvl1 process upgrade, while searching his pockets for the money.
"Let's see..." Suitachi brings up the total. "That would be... 4000 zenny. By shop regulations, I would need to see the zenny before I exchange the upgrades." Suitachi brings out the HP Memory and the Process Upgrade, waiting for Sieg to make his move--
- Here...

Sieg puts the money on the counter, then snaps the items and takes his leave.
"Hey! Old man!!"

K walked up to Suitachi's front counter and smiled. "HP Memory Ver.2 is 1500 zennys, right??". Before anyone could respond, he slammed the money on counter.
Alphonse and K waited paitently for Suitatchi's reply, but it looked as if Suitachi had some time on his hand.

"*Sigh* It looks like Suitachi is having a hard time taking care of others."

"Gahh!! I wanna go to the net!!"

"Who said you can't?"

"..."

=======
Destination: Scilab Area - 1
=======
A young man walked into the store, his PET in hand rather than in pocket. Anyone who had so much as glanced out of the establishment's glass doors prior to his arrival could tell that he had been glued to the device's display, a look of genuine concern on his face. He seemed to come to his senses about halfway to the counter, tearing his eyes from the recovering navi on the screen to face Suitachi, the shopkeep. He reached the counter with a nod and a polite tip of the fedora.
"Two HP Memories, please, and a level one Process Edit." He lay an assortment of bills on the counter: One 2000z bill, one 1000z, and a five-hundreder. Seemed like everything was in order.
After a quick trot up the stairs and out of the Metroline station, Nik entered the shop. He let out a low whistle as the light bounced off of all the merchandise, highlighting the sheer amount of sophisticated and powerful Navi upgrades. "Very nice," he said to himself, approaching the counter. After taking a peek at the stock, he called out "I'd like two HP memories if that's okay," from behind the two kids in front of him.
"Almost! I have to kill this boss!" shouted Suitachi as loud noises of a game came from a room which was out of sight of the customers. A few sounds of special effects came and then the music switched to a victorious tune. Suitachi slowly came from the room in view, holding the required items already. "Sorry about the delay, I had some unfinished business. Literally. But I knew it wouldn't last too long. I have here... 1 HP Memory for the scarred karate kid. 2 HP Memories and a Process Edit for the detective. And 2 HP Memories for the smug looking guy." After saying this, he took Kim's money and the money of Frederick. Noticing one person didn't pay yet, he held a hand towards him and gestured him to come closer. After that, his gesture changed into that of him needing the money. "Enjoy your items... After you pay. This does not count for those who have paid already."
"Alright!! Finally we got the upgrade!"

"Bit-late there, K. We just engaged into a battle..."

"...I'll just send you one right now~!"
"Detective...?" Swift's confusion soon gave way to a burst of hearty laughter. "I am quite the opposite, Suitachi. Thanks for the upgrades, though." He gave a quick nod to the man standing beside him, having just remembered where he had heard that voice before. "Hello again... Love to stop and chat, but I can't keep a lady waiting. Maybe next time." He exited the store with a flourish of the hat and several long strides, leaving Suitachi to ponder just how he was "quite the opposite" of a detective.
"Was that...?" Nik began to ask, swiveling his head to follow the young man who had just spoken to him. "Guess so," Ergo said, "but it looks like he's busy, so let's just pay the nice man trying to give us our merchandise so that we can, you know, actually use it." Nik turned to his PET screen, then the man behind the counter that Ergo was pointing at. "Wha? Oh, right... One moment..." He walked closer to the counter and pulled out his wallet, leafing through it until he found the bills he needed to pay for his purchase. "Here ya go," he said, laying out two 1K's and a 500 zenny bill in the shopkeeper's outstretched hand. He took the two HP memories and, pocketing them, gave Suitachi a quick "Have a nice day" and strode out into Sci Labs proper.
Heading right into the shop, Wes placed some money on the counter, 6000z to be exact, "Two Process Upgrade 1's, sir." He requested. As he waited, he thought about what he could use them for....
"One moment." He said as he turned around, opened a drawer, and grabbed 2 small boxes. He turned back to the counter, and handed Wes his upgrades. "Enjoy." Suitachi turned back to his computer, and began playing his game again. The money had disappeared sometime during the exchange.
"Thanks a ton." Wes said, waving and heading out the door, "Now, I just need to figure out what I'll do with them..." WIth that, he was off to the arena.