Inside the shop

((From => Rogan's most recent hotel))
----------

While Lyntael was away, Rogan made his way quickly through the open public spaces of SciLab to the navi shop and stepped inside. Even if she didn't remember the most recent events, he knew Lyntael still remembered her earlier troubles, and he had no doubt she still harboured a reservation coming to SciLab herself. Instead, he'd sent her out to collect her bounty payment, and intended to get the other errand done before she was ready to return, if he could. He moved to the counter and produced his card, along with a short hand-written list of things he'd noted down in advance.

“I need everything here, please. The customiser update is version ten, and process upgrade will be version twenty-one.” He passed the card across the counter along with the list and wondered how long it would take Lyntael to run her own errand.

==

Buying:

BusterUp x6: 45000z
FirstArmour x2: 5000z
Fast Armour: 5000z
HP+200: 15000z
SetSea: 4500z
NaviCust Expand (v10): 3250z
Process Upgrade (v21) : 2100z

Total: 79850z
Rogan's funds: 80035z (Includes bounty hand-in, so that should probably get done first)
Funds remaining: 185z

((Lyntael's Level returns to 20 and increases to 21, Navicust is now 90, Buster is now 5/4/4, Sig pool is 920))
Picking up the paper a moment later, Suitachi would quickly turn around and begin to grab everything that was requested of his stock, several small boxes and the NC pieces in their own packages would quickly litter the counter before he turned back around, packing them all carefully in a plastic bag and pushing them over to Rogan, picking up his card and running it through his machine...a quick buzzer turned confirming ping setting off before he shrugged and slid the card back to Rogan. "Damnedest thing. It said you didn't have enough, but quickly changed it's tune. Guess you got a quick money injection as it was confirming funds. Well, whatever it was, you're clear to head on out. Have a good day."

Rogan Lose: 79850z
Rogan Gain: Buster UPx6, First ArmorX2, Fast Armorx1, HP+200x1, SetSeax1, NaviCust Expansion 10 and Process Upgrade 21
It did seem like a lot to be spending on upgrades, Rogan found himself thinking as he nodded his thanks to the shopkeeper and shuffled the items into one pocket of his back. Lyntael had earned it all herself, though, and more or less without his help in the matter. It wasn't anything life-changing of course, but by his guess a person might manage to live a single, low-means lifestyle on that much, perhaps. As he left the store he began integrating the upgrades one at a time while he walked. The account that he had set aside for Lytnael's use had needed the extra little bit form her bounty to make the costs, so she'd be back soon, and she'd likely appreciate it if they were gone from SciLab by the time she made her way out again.

----------
((To => The Next Meeting))
{EAX022}

{<<< From ACDC Town: 3746 Boykin Road, Lower ACDC <<<}

Without a ride in the form of Stacey, Eric had to take the metro line to get to Science Labs and then take a separate bus to get to the street in which the Navi Shop was located. Eric had told himself that he'd done this twice now and that he would be fine. His previous fear of Science Labs had been abated, he'd now risen above it.

Those words meant nothing as he turned a corner to see the same sight that haunted many a night's sleep.

His body froze right there on the sidewalk, unable to take a single step forward. His confidence disappeared as his breathing became erratic, his heart rate increasing. The sounds around him became less audible as his gaze locked on the same sole tree. People had to step around him as he stood awkwardly in the middle of the sidewalk.

Had he been a fool to think he could do this on his own...?

"ERIC!" his navi's voice yelled out from the PET speaker. Partly out of concern and partly out of embarrassment, Amy needed her operator to keep moving, and only after a minute of loud screeching did her voice break through Eric's stupor.

"I... I..." Eric tried grappling for words, but nothing came out.

"Eric, do as I say, and nothing else," she ordered from the confines of her PET home.

Eric's hands gripped the PET with force as his eyes locked onto the screen.

"Good. Focus on me." Having his attention would be important. "Don't worry about what's around you, just walk forward. One step at a time."

Eric's gaze did indeed remain on Amy as he took one tentative step after another. He didn't notice the looks he was receiving from the surrounding pedestrians, but to Amy they weren't important.

"Alright. Now stop, turn to your left and open the door."

Amy realised that she was going to need to do all the talking as they entered the shop. Eric's hands were still tighly bound to the PET, but Amy needed his hands for two more tasks.

"Eric, you need to take out 1500 zenny from your wallet and put it on the counter please."

Again, Eric did as instructed, opening the wallet and depositing the requested amount in front of him.

"Thank you." For the next step Amy had to hologen herself into existence to properly greet the shopkeeper. "Apologies for this, but can we please get two Process Upgrades?"
(Just a quick thing, please specify which level of upgrade you're purchasing and your current and then total zenny underneath the post next time, just to help with confirming what is being bought at a glance)

Suitachi was busy in the background as he was putting a few boxes worth of things onto the shelves, a few HP Upgrades here, some Processor Upgrades there, oh and don't knock down those dusty NCPs, really needed to have a sale on those again one of these days. But his attention was caught was Amy had hologened herself onto the counter, the shopkeeper scratching his chin at the sight of the wordless op and his navi taking charge. "Huh, usually the OP makes the purchase, but I guess things change? Eh, whatever, money is money regardless of who's spending it." He mused with a chuckle, Suitachi slowly turning around to pluck a pair of upgrades out of their areas, sliding them towards Eric and taking the Zenny, counting it out really quick before nodding and putting it in the register. "Thank you for the patronage. We also have an online shop if you're not comfortable going out in public or need something really quick, Tempoman is happy to help you too."

Eric Loses: 1500z
Eric Gains: Processor Upgrades 7 and 8
(((Understood; I think I confused previous in-character shop banter as future instructions...)))

---

An online shop? That information could be very useful to the both of them, but more pressing matters needed resolving first.

"Thank you very much," Amy directed towards the shopkeep in a formal tone, before switching back to her more assertive voice. "Eric, pick those up please."

As directed, Eric's hands removed the items from the counter.

"Put them in your pocket."

The items entered into Eric's left pocket.

"Now turn around and head outside."

Amy was ready with more directions, but her desire for Eric to leave was now in line with Eric's desire to flee. It took no further encouragement for the red-haired man to dash forward, burst through the door, almost knock over a postal delivery serviceman in his haste and then run down the street back in the direction they came, ignorant to the passersby he almost knocked over and a few choice words directed at him as he blurred past people, buildings and cars.

It was only after Eric had run for three blocks that his body finally sought a place to rest. A park bench provided him with a chance to calm his nerves as his breathing returned to normal and his eyes no longer looked panic-stricken. It certainly helped that across the road from the bench was a pet store; perhaps the imagery of kittens and puppies helped to dissolve the turmoil in his head.

Once Eric's thoughts became rational again he surveyed this new area, noticing it was far from where he'd been only moments ago; at least, from his perspective. A nearby clock helped Eric to realise that twenty minutes had gone by since his last watch glance. Upon noticing the sweat lining his shirt collar and his clammy hands, he finally connected the dots.

He raised the PET to his eyeline again. "I'm sorry Amy."

"For what?" she enquired, although her tone suggested a lack of sincerity.

"I thought... I thought I was ready to... to do that on my own," Eric admitted, like he'd failed an important test.

"But you're not on your own," she fired back. "Not anymore. We're both here for you."

An intense warmth started growing in his chest, spreading quickly to his face. Words failed him as he desperately tried to stay the well forming in his eyes. Amy and Lily remained silent as he successfully fought back the tears, and eventually the smallest of smiles began to creep onto Eric's face instead.

"Thank you," he slurred his words in resignation. Perhaps he wasn't fully in control of his emotions yet. "I'll try harder next time."

"Hey, we've got this, remember?" she reminded him as he lifted his body off the seat. "Besides, if that place bothers you that much, it sounds like they have an online store. We don't have to go back."

"...Really?" Eric's ears pricked to this news, his eyes flashing with new energy. "I didn't think they were big enough to have an online shop?" Surely Stacey would have known about this if it was true...?

"I don't know. The shopkeep said something about being online, so maybe we can check it out later...?"

Eric smiled again, the remainder of the earlier grief vanishing from his face. Having to never go back to that street again was the best news he'd heard in a long time. "Please... please do that... for me," he almost pleaded in response.

Amy nodded, but was then distracted by a whispering voice.

"So are you going to explain to me what just happened?" Lily piped up from the shadows.

"Another day Lily, another day," she whispered back.

But truthfully, Amy didn't know much more about Eric's reaction than her partner; Amy wanted an answer as well. There was something about that street that affected Eric deeply. Stacey knew something about it, of that she was sure, but as she wasn't exactly on the best of terms with his sister, they'd both have to wait until Eric felt like enlightening them.

"Alright Eric, let's keep moving. You can install the upgrades while we're on the metro."

----------

Zenny: -1500 (1920 >>> 420)

Process Upgrades: +2 (6 >>> 8)

{>>> To Kotobuki Town: Osanajimi Plaza >>>}
This post is deleted!
((From => Stormy Weather))
----------

As the door to the navi shop gave way to Rogan's nondescript form, a small point of bright colour had just climbed back to his shoulder from the device presumably somewhere else on his person. She glanced around the shop with distracted interest.

"Bounty is all taken care of, sir. So, I think that means my account should have the right amount set aside now." He voice was cheerful, but still quiet and softly spoken; Rogan nodded and paused for only a brief extra moment before approaching the counter and pulling a card from his wallet. Lyntael's appearance had caught him a little of guard, if he was honest. He'd done as he had before, and sent the girl off to the bounty shop while he made the necessary purchases here, but even with her back early she wasn't showing any of the hesitation or nerves he'd expected of her, being in SciLab. He shook it off and gave a small greeting smile to the shop-keeper.

"Lucky to be working inside on a day like today, it's pelting down out there... could I get four customiser expansions, for updates eleven through fourteen, please, and four process upgrades to go with that, versions twenty-four through twenty-seven." He passed the card across the counter as he spoke, though his own expression was mostly calm and disinterested.

==

((NOTE: Out of Character, I'm also purchasing a BugStopper NCP, for 10000. This is intended to be added to Lyntael as part of a future story beat, and would not be deliberately 'purchased' in universe; I'm making the transaction and deduction now for the system mechanics and fairness, if that's alright.))

Buying:

NaviCust Expand (v11, 12, 13, 14): 3500, 3750, 4000, 4250 = 15500z
Process Upgrade (v24, 25, 26, 27) : 2400, 2500, 2600, 2700 = 10200z
+
Bug Stopper NCP: 10000z

Total: 35700z
Rogan's funds: 35785z
Funds remaining: 85z

((Lyntael's Level becomes 27, Navicust is now 110, Sig pool is 1160))
(I'll allow it, since you're paying for it now anyways)

"Oh no doubt, been hearing it come down in sheets today." He spoke, Suitachi doing a little inventory as Rogan began to make his purchase, the shopkeep grabbing the requested items as he was asked for them, deftly putting some between his fingers and the others into his other hand, turning around and setting it all in front of them in one decently sized pile, pushing them forward and taking his card, sliding it through with a beep, and handing it back as he grabbed a small bag and began to put them into it. "Hope you have a good day." He spoke simply before turning back to his stacks of items, to get them all jotted down.

Rogan get: Navicust Expansions 11-14, Process upgrades 24-27 and Bugstop
Rogan Lose: 35,700z
Rogan accepted the products with a brief nod and slipped them into his own bag after double checking them.
"I will, lots to do. Have a good day yourself." He turned and headed from the shop. Much to do indeed.

----------
((To => A dark tower, far distant))
The electronic door buzzed, announcing the arrival of two giant, spiked boots and the gangly girl that they hauled around. Hippie’s black hair, streaked with violet and yellow, fumed about their unjust imprisonment beneath a lime-green bike helmet. A large delivery box from Cafe Castel bowed her back like a turtle’s shell, the straps snug against her ebon turtleneck. Her bunched, frilly black skirts bounced as she bounded towards the counter like a dancer mid-performance. She clutched a bag of donuts in one hand, a shopping list in the other, and offered them both to the proprietor of the shop.

“Good evening! I hope you’re doing well! Are you hungry? I’ve got some spare donuts here! And if you don’t take some I’m going to eat them all anyway!” Hippie beamed, radiant with dark makeup. She sounded more interested in proffering her donuts than the shopping list that lay half-forgotten on the countertop.

Shopping List Contents:
-HP Memory 2: 1250z (+1 Lvl, 5)
-HP Memory 3: 1500z (+1 Lvl, 6)
-Process Upgrade 3: 300z (200)
-Process Upgrade 4: 400z (240)
-Process Upgrade 5: 500z (280)
-First Armour: 2500z
-Buster Aqua Shot: 1000z
Total: 7450z
A clatter from behind the counter announced the sudden waking of a napping Suitachi, startled back to wakefulness by the enthusiastic arrival. He straightened his chain and made sure the small Tv set he'd dozed off watching hadn't been jostled before blinking a few times across the counter at the strange clashing of styles that was... offering food? He tentatively reached for one of the proffered snacks while eyeing up the list.

"Just these things...? Right, right... coming up." Donut in one hand, he turned back and rummaged quickly, transferring the pasty to his mouth as he began to dig up the items on the list. It was mostly gone by the time he turned back, pushing the small stack of parts across the counter and holding out his other hand for Hippie's choice of payment method. "Mmff... Mno dishcounts" The warning came muffled around confectionery, added as an after-thought.

==

Hippie GET: HP Mem v2 & v3, PU v3-5, AquaShot, FirstArmour NCP.
Hippie LOSE: 7450z

((Mod note: Hippie's level is 3 currently – so the HP mems take her to lvl 5; this still allows you to get PUs 3, 4 and 5, so you're all good, cost and purchase-wise!))
((Thank you for the mod, and helping sort myself out <3))

Hippie's eyes glittered as she beheld the treasure trove that was her purchase. She scanned her card over the reader in Suitachi's palm and gathered up the boxes of electronic goodies in her hands. This was every last penny she had budgeted for this month, and she was sure to make good use of it.

"Thank you!" She squealed, clob-homping her way out the door. "We hope to see you again- Wait." She caught herself, and turned to give Suitachi a wink just before the threshold closed behind her. "That's your line this time!"

Hippie had departed, but the unclaimed bag of donuts and assorted pastries remained on the countertop, living out it's own short-lived adventure.
The door of the navi shop barely had time to herald a new arrival before a blue and yellow uniformed courier darted in and paused by the counter to check his order manifest. His eyes scanned the print out and he nodded to himself.

"Got a dispatch order here for two Process Upgrades and two NC Expansions. Versions twenty-eight and twenty nine, on the PUs and version...." he checked the sheet again quickly. "Fifteen and sixteen for the customisers." He paused for a moment to pull out a small disposable transfer card and hand it across the counter. "Here's payment confirmation, and here's the order form. Can I get a signature?" He held the manifest out as well; the order was for an address half the world away, with a confirmation to release the stock listed to the courier company, from a storehouse in the same city as the order address.

==
Buying:

NaviCust Expand (v15, 16): 4500, 4750 = 9250z
Process Upgrade (v28, 29): 2800, 2900 = 5700z

Total: 14950z
Rogan's funds: 15385z
Funds remaining: 435z

((Lyntael's Level becomes 29, Navicust is now 120, Sig pool is 1240))
Looking up from a manifest he had just gotten from his suppliers, the owner would give a grunt of acknowledgment as he looked through the dispatch real quick, making sure all the t's were crossed and i's dotted, with all the usual stuff along those lines. "Hmmmm...alright then that all looks good, let me just get my signature down here..." He mumbled as he gave a quick penning on the manifest, money being transferred into his account almost immediately after. "And there we go, they can make those avalible to the customer, thank you. I really should open up stores out across the world, but this is just so much more cheaper, fees and all..."

Rogan loses: 14950z
Rogan Get: Navicust Expansions 15 and 16, Processor Upgrades 28 and 29
The courier reclaimed his documents and tipped his hat with a nod to Suitachi.
"Thank you, we appreciate your on-going business! Have a good day." He re-shouldered his delivery back as he tucked the manifest away again, then quickly darted from the store to get on with the rest of his own working day.
((From Parasite Research))
Pushing open the door, Henry entered the shop and began browsing. "Do you think that we should go with HPMemories or navicust?" Delta's voice piped up from the PET on his waist.

"Hmm...I'm thinking maybe another copy of the shield program, and one HPMemory?"

"...we definitely have enough Zenny to add another HPMemory to that. We'll still have enough for some subchips as well." The navi suggested as Henry approached the counter.

"Hey, can I get two HPMemories and a Shield?" He asks.

Shopping List:
2x HPMemory (3250z)
Shield NCP (3000z)
6250z Total -> 1150z Remaining
Turning around as he heard the door open and close, Suitachi would meet with Henry almost immediately as he made it to the counter. "Sup. What can I do for ya?" He asked simply as navi and op would speak to one another for a moment before turning back around, snapping up the three items requested and turning around, taking payment with his free hand as he handed over the items and card to Henry as the register approved the transaction. "Have a good day you two." He spoke simply before turning back around to get back to work.

(Henry Lose: 6250z
Henry Get: HP Up 3 and 4, and Shield NCP)
((7400z->1150z))
((GET 2x HPMemory))
((GET Shield NCP))

Henry happily takes the programs, and exits the shop.
The bell on the door of the navi shop jingled again as another courier strolled in through the door, disposable coffee cup in one hand and a slim data pad in the other. It was a different individual to the one who had come by earlier, but wore the same blue and yellow uniform. He sipped his coffee and double-checked his order from before catching Suitachi's eye.

"Right then... Order for PU30 to 33 and NC17... heh... uh, through to 20. Sign here...” The courier took another languid sip of his coffee as he held out the delivery form, along with the payment receipt, awaiting Suitachi's confirmation. The release order was for the same far-off address as the one earlier in the morning – someone was having a busy day, it seemed.

==
Buying:

NaviCust Expand (v17, 18, 19, 20): 4500, 4750, 5000, 5250 = 19500z
Process Upgrade (v30, 31, 32, 33): 3000, 3100, 3200, 3300 = 12600z

Total: 32100z
Rogan's funds: 40935z
Funds remaining: 8835z

((Lyntael's Level becomes 33, Navicust is now 140, Sig pool is 1400))