Inside the shop

Suitachi smiled as he took the paper... then turned it upside down on the desk in front of him. Without reading it, he ducked below the counter and returned with the exact order, all together in a neat stack.

Smirking, the store owner flipped over the contents of the message and read it. "Ha! Too easy. When am I going to get a real challenge?!"

Suitachi indulged himself in a long, triumphant laugh before suddenly coughing into his fist. "Ahem. Enjoy your upgrades."

Hikari GET: Speed upgrade 1; Hp Memory 1,2,3; Process upgrade 1,2,3,4,5.
Hikari LOSE: 10250z
"Thank you very much!" Hikari smiled as she received the order, but perhaps curiously to the shop owner, it faded as she checked them. "Um...excuse me...Suitachi, is it? I believe you've made a small error..." She took a quick look at her paper, to ensure she wasn't recalling wrong. And she wasn't. "I asked for NaviCust Expansions, not HPMemories. I'm sorry, but can you switch them out? If my understanding of your pricing is correct, the two should cost the same, so...well, I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

She didn't say anything, but Divina was a bit amused by her high priestess's request. How many people besides Hikari would apologize about troubling someone over their genuine slip up?
Suitachi had pretty obviously been standing there, smirking to himself and preparing another bundle under the counter, when Hikari addressed him. "Wha... an error?" The man took the paper back frantically, his eyes scanning the words before widening in horror. "This... this can't be! You must have cheated!! I- I...!!"

The shopkeeper took a deep breath and regained his composure. "Of course. My mistake. It's perfectly normal for a new operator just starting out to ask for... NaviCust Expansions..."

Suitachi performed the swap quickly enough, but his face looked deflated and withdrawn. "Thanks for your purchase, enjoy your upgrades..."

Hikari GET: NaviCust Expansion 1,2,3
Hikari LOSE: HP Memory 1,2,3
((From -> Mikhail's Room))

When Mikhail arrived, he didn't go right to the counter; there were other customers there already, and he new it would easier to get his part replaced if he could just present it. Instead, he took a seat at one of the small tables and pulled a miniature multi-tool from his coat pocket. It only took him a few moments to open up his PET and extract the amplifier component that had broken down; the custom system was, despite its capabilities, fairly simple, and once he had the device opened up, it was easy to see which part had burned itself out - it was the only one whose circuit light wasn't lit up.

Beside him on the desk, Pirouette had slipped out in her miniature hologram, and was looking through one of the information sheets on the table, for navi upgrades. He glanced up at the wistful look in her gaze, and chuckled softly.

"What is on your mind, Pirouette?" The part came out with a click and Mikhail stood up, heading to the counter while Pirouette disappeared briefly. She slipped out of the device again once he approached the counter, was occupied looking towards what she could see of the various products that made up Suitachi's more regular sale fare.

"There are so many things! We never have upgraded any of my systems, Mikhail, but I do so wonder what it would be like..." She turned back to him, spinning on one toe. "I know we don't need them at all, but I..." Mikhail grinned while he waited for Suitachi to be free.

"Now now, little lebedёnok... do not get excited. You know we haven't the money to spare for such things, when they are not necessary for you." He shook his head, turning his eyes back to the store clerk while her little hologram sighed and nodded, folding her arms and wandering across the front of the counter while he arranged for purchase of the replacement amplifier.

Pirouette continued to look at navi upgrades while Mikhail paid for his replacement part with his card. She glanced up at him again as he completed the transaction.

"I do wish we had more spare, you know. Looking about here... it's like being in a sweet shop!"
"But you do not like fighting anyway, Pirouette. It is... It is like asking for licorice, because it is there and others have some... and forgetting that you hate licorice to begin with, no?" He had stepped away from the counter enough to quickly begin replacing the new part, while the little ballerina shuffled a foot with her head down.

"I know, I know..." She glanced about, her eyes falling on the other two who were still in the store, both of whom had just bought a number of upgrades for their own navis, then sighed softly.
"Thank you, Store Clerk. You can count on my patronage again in the future, when Kabuki has increased her netbattling fund," Yoshitsune announced proudly, as though he were doing Suitachi a favor. "It must be nice to have such an easy job! My life awards me no such favors. It takes a certain degree of insight and rigorous study just to cultivate a scholarly appreciation for kabuki theater; imagine the sort of discipline that it takes to act in it! Luckily, I'm leaving behind that life to pursue my own freedom. I have yet to decide what new career I should adopt, but-"

Thankfully, Suitachi was spared a lifetime of exposition by Hikari's arrival, as the actor's attention was fully diverted. "Priestess! I believe you are correct: only a benevolent goddess would carry you back into the enlightened company of myself and my sister so quickly," he chuckled, annoying both in his braggadocious behavior and the fact that he didn't seem to truly believe what he was saying about a benevolent goddess either, treating it more as a situationally appropriate joke. "You will be happy to know that Kabuki is stronger than ever before-"

"Not exactly... I'm only just starting to recover the abilities I had with my previous owners," Kabuki added, for the sake of accuracy.

Yoshitsune hissed her a "shhhh," indicating that she shouldn't talk about his past life, which was not nearly so dramatic or worthy of keeping secret as he was making it out to be. "You'll be quite impressed, if the opportunity strikes for us to display them. Yea, the tools of kabuki theater are just as powerful in battle as you might imagine from the genre's effectiveness as an art medium! Are you in the market for another mission, perhaps? It could be an excellent opportunity for you to learn more!" he offered, crossing his arms with a sly smile, again, the kind that said he was doing someone else a great courtesy.

Being a big fan of Yoshitsune as more than just a proclaimed sister, Kabuki found herself becoming gradually suspicious of the affection he appeared to be showing Hikari. Thankfully, a surprising opportunity to drive a wedge between them while not derailing her own quest to get her strength back had just appeared in the shop. "Brother, how about the nice GENT~EL~MAN who just entered the shop? He sounds like he's DES~PER~ATE for work as well! We could be his COM~PAN~IONS in gainful employment!" Kabuki added, knowing that nothing would turn off Yoshitsune's buzz quite like adding an adult male to the mix.

"... Ahem. I don't really think-" Yoshitsune murmured, ready to dismiss that idea out of hand. While Kabuki wasn't exactly big on buff, hairy guys herself, Yoshitsune was less so, having been around them all his life in the sweaty, male-dominated Blood Red Hanamichi.

"He also looks like he'd be interested in CUL~TURE, don't you think? Listen to those unique words he's saying! Don't you think he probably wants to learn all about KA~BU~KI theater?!" she begged enthusiastically, striking a debonair pose as she did.

"You are right! And I owe him that privilege," Yoshitsune agreed; it was, after all, his responsibility to be not just self-sufficient, but also, magnanimous. Way more than his father ever had been. "Sir! You there! The priestess of Divina over there and myself were just about to take on some officially-sanctioned GNA work, with the purpose of bolstering our funds and empowering our navis. You seem to share just such an interest! This seems like a golden opportunity for you to join the two of us, does it not? Why, with my recent experience, I shall make an excellent tutor," he smirked, lauding his magnificent track record of one successful mission.
"I'm so sorry, Suitachi. Please, forgive me." Hikari bowed, sincerely desiring nothing but forgiveness. "If there's anything I can do-"

"It's all right, Hikari." Divina popped up on her shoulder, taking charge of the situation as she often did. "It wasn't your fault he decided to get a bit cocky. He failed to account for the fact we're no ordinary NetBattlers, and he paid the price. ...Come to think of it, he still made a pretty zenny either way. He'll be fine."

"I guess, but it doesn't feel like I spread much happiness with it..."

"Don't worry. In time, he'll discover the blessings he's received. It's just...a delayed effect of sorts."

"Well, if you say so, Lady Divina. I won't let it trouble me anymore." And so the priestess expelled it from her mind, just as she removed any irritation from Yoshitsune's mildly flippant remark about her goddess. His idea, however, surprised her a bit. "Another mission? So soon? I'm not sure, her grace seemed a bit tired after that last one...of course, it's ultimately her call..."

"If I can bring joy to additional hearts, I don't see how I could say no. My sworn duty comes above all else, after all."

"If you're certain you're up for it..." Admittedly, Hikari wasn't completely enjoying the thought of earlier happening again. But, her goddess provided a solution to this, in the form of a third person. He was a bit hard to miss, since not many Sharoans hung out in Electopia. After eavesdropping for a moment, Kabuki had a proposition that the high priestess was decidedly not against. And after some convincing, neither was Yoshitsune. A third person...she thought it wonderful, herself.

But before she could say anything, her goddess spoke up, immediately after the theater worker finished. "It's a wonderful idea, if I do say so myself. You can acquire some money for upgrades of your own, all without worrying about battle. And of course, the rewards go beyond the physical. Bringing happiness to those who need it...such is the greatest reward of all!"

"That's correct! It's the very definition of a win-win situation! We'd be honored if you would join us on such a noble quest! The more, the merrier!" If her goddess was going to be roped into another mission, then the least her priestess could do was provide additional aid...and someone else to keep her from being alone with Yoshitsune again. Although..."...Unless you have some pressing task, of course. Then we needn't take up any more of your time...but if you don't, please join us. It will allow you to get the upgrades your Navis seeks despite having little money, after all. And it seems a shame for such an adorable Navi to look so sad." Despite being a generally reserved person, there was something about that hologram on the Sharoan man's shoulder that just made her want to give her a nice big hug. She wasn't really sure why, though...
While Pirouette remained wistful of being the only girl in the sweet shop not buying sweets, Mikhail finished replacing the broken amplifier with the new one and glanced about for a power source. There wasn't one for free public use that he could see, though, so testing the system would have to wait until he got back to the university. About to leave so that he could do just that, the imposing man found himself the unexpected focus of both other customer's attention, and he looked between them quite thoroughly startled... they had started talking to one another, but somehow both had decided to draw him into whatever contention they had going on.

The first, a male that proved to be louder and more boisterous than looks would imply, made him rise a hand defensively, palm outward as his first instinct was to reassure that, truly, he had no pressing need to bolster the combat capabilities of his navi... but a couple of the words in between caught his attention and made their way through to his mind in time to arrest the gesture part way. The young man's navi had mentioned Kabuki theatre, and while he'd never actually found the time to study the art form properly, it was one of those back-burner topics that had been on his to-do list for many years.

This slight pause was enough of a gap for the other customer to join in, and by the time she had finished her own entreaty, Pirouette had turned towards him, clasping her hands together in front of her chest, with that pleading look he always had such difficulty resisting. Unconsciously, he took a slight step back, his natural grace sliding one toe back behind the other neatly in the traditional way that caused his form to glide backwards the short distance without seeming to actually stride.

"I... do not.... I am not so sure that... Ah, we must return by..." Small step back or not, he couldn't escape the young lady's eyes pleading with him, nor the attention of his two unexpected fellows.

"Oh please, Mikhail! I have never done anything like this, but I do not think I shall be in any danger. We have time; the intermediate class isn't until the afternoon! I'm sure it will be fun!" Similar to her operator, a set of unthinking actions came with the ballerina's begging; still with her hands clasped she had risen to toe points and edged closer by a step and a half. Her wings had stretched up in yearning as well. Mikhail sighed softly and consciously relaxed the pressured tension he hadn't been aware of.

"Alright, alright. But you must take care now, little one, do you understand? Perhaps I will chat with this young man about his art while you are busy, yes?" In response, Pirouette... well, there was no mature, lady-like way to put it really, she let out a small squeal of delight and spun swiftly on a toe, putting her hands out to the side, then clasping them together again.

"Oh thank you, Mikhail, hehe. I will be safe, do not worry." He nodded to her, then looked up again at the other two with a small, wry grin.

"It appears I am out-voted. I do have the morning free, as it happens, but I teach at the Dentech university, and must be back before the afternoon class. Would you both like to find somewhere where we might talk and relax? I am sure master Suitachi would not thank us for continuing to fill his store, if we aren't buying more merchandise."

"Yea, my idea is quite wonderful. Time management is but one of my talents," Yoshitsune smirked, feeling smug now that everyone was hopping on board with his plan. As he patted himself on the back, Hikari mentioned Mikhail's tiny, sad navi, which prompted him to squint and look harder. "I agree. She does low in spirits," he agreed, although he couldn't say much else. He'd been hoping to get another busty navi like Divina or Kabuki to add to the mission, but if it was a young ballerina dancer, that would just have to do. He nodded slowly, silently resolving himself to the fact. "She lacks... good humor."

"Then there is no need to feel TROUB~BULLED!" his navi cheered, crossing her arms but still not yet projecting herself. "For my company is sure to wash away all traces of BORE~DOM and MAL~LAISE! Kabuki theater has entertained Electopians throughout GE~NE~RAY~TIONS! You'll come to love it just as much as I do!" A bold claim, coming from a navi who was named after said genre and had a face engraved with kabuki makeup patterns. "Lady DI~VI~NA is my sworn sister now, and soon, you shall become my little I~MOU~TO! Fu fu fu fu!" The navi was perhaps more spirited about this arrangement than her operator. Then again, she was generally the more upbeat of the two.

On the other hand, Kabuki couldn't exactly promise to keep Pirouette out of trouble. Their last mission had been quite troubling in multiple ways, after all. "I'll just resolve to handle any trouble a tad more gracefully than I did last time. For my little sister's sake!" Kabuki resolved.

In the mean time, Yoshitsune was enthusiastic about the chance to talk about kabuki theater some more, but seemed convinced to play hard to get. "It's good to see that you're interested, but kabuki theater is not something one can take a casual interest in! It takes dedication, practice, and most of all, a skilled tutor! Luckily for you, my talents are manifold, and I can teach another just as easily as I live and breath the art myself," he warned Mikhail, perhaps enjoying the chance to mouth off. "However, this shop is not the proper theater. We need something that will give us the proper inspiration... A place overflowing with culture, history, relevance, and the passion of its inhabitants. We need-" he began, raising one finger, before his navi interrupted.

"The BURNT GOLD HA~NA~MEE~CHI?" she offered, grinning as was characteristic of her.

"No, Sister. The hanamichi is boring," the operator groaned, seemingly countering his previous message about how intense kabuki theater was. "All of the rival theaters are just as boring. I want to go to the Priestess's home!" After an awkward pause where-in all attempted to decipher whether they'd heard that right, he coughed and clarified. "Her temple, that is. I want to see the Temple of Divina! After all, it is just as... roughly... as important that we learn about your religion, it being as foreign to any of us as kabuki is to the average layman. Let us not be ignorant of this world's most esoteric customs!" he proclaimed, firing another unintentional shot at Hikari's religion. "Priestess, lead us there!" he commanded, waving one hand out dramatically before regaining his normal stance and heading out the door. He was walking in front to start with, but would gradually fall back behind, realizing he had no idea where to lead the trio.

On the way there, Yoshitsune would take the opportunity to put up a mission request, encouraging (commanding) others to join him.

((Heading to wherever Hikari takes Yoshitsune and Mikhail))
...Until the afternoon? Hikari was pretty sure it was fairly late when they left the Burnt-Gold Hanamichi...well, noting that would only bring the man premature pain and suffering, so she set that aside. She...really didn't have anything to say at the moment, so she let her goddess to the talking.

"Well..." In a rare moment, Divina had to stop and think for a moment, to find a delicate way to put what she wanted to say. "Truth be told, there's no guarantee that any given mission isn't dangerous." Her legs instinctively pressed against each other, the previous mission's events still in the back of her mind. "But I'm sure they would be happy to give us one of minimal risk as long as we asked."

The high priestess looked at her shoulder, slightly puzzled. She knew her well enough that there was something...off about the way she said that. But she wouldn't get any answers until they were alone, most likely, so she'd have to endure staying in the dark for a while longer. She let out a small sigh, just in time to catch the part about them not hanging around the shop. That was...an extremely valid point. "Oh, you're right! But, where should we go? I can't say I'm very familiar with the SciLab area, myself..." She looked right over at Yoshitsune, who had his own ideas on where to go. "The temple? That...I'm unsure how interesting you would find it, to be honest, but if everyone's okay with it, I'd be more than happy to take you there and give you a tour. It's in Kotobuki Town, so it's not a terribly distant ride from either SciLab or DenTech. ...Is this all right to you, Mikhail?" Truthfully, it'd be kinda nice to have different people in there, but she didn't dare say that out loud, since it both might color the man's response, and probably would sound more pathetic outside her head.

...But she wouldn't have time to wait for a response, as the theater worker gave marching orders. "...I suppose the decision's been made for us. Although, the temple does have a good internet connection, and I did close it for the day, so we'd have plenty of privacy. It'd be an excellent place to perform a mission." And there she went, pushing for it. At least what she said was true.

(Moving to Kotobuki once Rogan posts)
With other details being arranged and extra assurances being made both to himself, and to his navi, about the safety of the mission, Mikhail couldn't help feeling a bit like they were selling the whole situation just a little bit too hard for comfort; that the suggestion had escalated form finding a quiet space somewhere in SciLabs to relax, to taking a jaunt to the young lady's religious centre made him feel doubly leery, but Mikhail was wise and experienced enough in the ways of his own navi to recognise when he simply wasn't going to get out of something; Pirouette was completely sold and was almost bouncing on her toe points eagerly.

"As you wish..." He paused to extend his hand to each of them in turn. "As it seems you both overheard my navi say, my name is Mikhail, Mikhail Norano, and the little one is Pirouette... and, your navi called you Hikari, yes? It is a pleasure to meet you." When he turned the gesture to Yoshitsune, he added a wry grin. "And I don't believe anyone has said your name yet, young man, but I'm sure it is a pleasure all the same." He tried not to question the oddity that the two grown adults in this trio were essentially having their decisions made by the mostly obnoxious boy; Mikhail was having a progressively harder time thinking of the lad as a mature adult, an impression which diminished and grew harder to fathom every time Yoshitsune opened his mouth.

"I'll follow you then, miss Hikari, if you'd like to lead the way. Forgive me a moment, while I confirm our intentions." He focused on his own PET long enough to add his own confirmation to the mission posting that the others had made, but followed wherever Hikari led them as he did so, politely tuning out any further ranting from the boy, unless he actually developed something important to say.

((Following to -> The Temple of Divina, Kotobuki))
Despite what Dharma said earlier about heading to spend her new operation fund right away, the trip to Scilabs had to wait till after some rest. The day had gone long; after finishing BeeCon, the mission to serve Lala, and then the further mission to entertain the entirety of the Clusterbuck restaurant, Dharma had found herself utterly pooped and in need of some rest on the yacht before it made its way around to a disembark point for Scilabs. When the next morning had come, she made the stop in to spend her money, needing to get it over with quick before rushing on to her next appointment.

The president of Heart-Payne Pharmaceuticals strode into the shop magnificently, her long, black hair flowing behind her and the tails of her equally dark lab-coat whipping in the brief breeze that followed her. "Hello, Sir," she began, smiling to the shop-owner in the way only a woman worth untold numbers of dollars could in a place of business that was not hers. "This may seem a little silly, my coming here in person, but I've got a bit of a pet project navi now and an operation fund set aside of her... Out of pocket, you see, since it's mostly a curiosity of mine. That said, she does need to defend herself, and her options for doing so are less than stellar at the moment. I'd like to purchase some upgrades, to help her along," she'd continue.

Of course, all of that would have to wait, if he was with another customer. As much as she felt it was her right to cut to the front of any line, her public persona could not do such things (although her public persona may have become significantly different over-night, given the sorts of things she'd been recorded doing at Bill N. Clusterbuck's following BeeCon).

Dharma quickly prepared the cash, then handed it over in a neat stack. "That's... 15,200 zenny. I can get two speed upgrades and one level 2 process upgrade, correct?" she inquired.

Phero remained quiet, knowing next to nothing about types of navi upgrades.

((Paying 15000 for speed upgrades 1 & 2, as well as 200 for process upgrade 2
Total spent is 15200, money remaining will be 135 zenny))
Still a bit miffed from his earlier mistake, Suitachi looked up as Dharma entered, and the tiniest glint of recognition led the store owner to sigh heavily. Still expecting another minuscule micro-transaction like last time, he listened and nodded with only half his attention while the president went into an unnecessary amount of explanation for why she was in his shop. He probably ought to be fair to her; it was almost impossible for her to make a purchase smaller than her last one, after all, so it couldn't get worse... though as she went on it did sound almost like she was trying to explain it to herself, rather than to him.

All of the tired boredom and resignation disappeared, of course, once she produced a stack of cash far more befitting of a CEO and slid it over to him. The store owner perked up to the siren song of copious currency and straightened his glasses. With a quick nod he ducked down and pulled out the first two consecutive speed upgrades for her, then reached over to snag the second level PU to go with them, making the exchange and ringing it in quickly.

"Right you are, Ma'am. Here you go! Enjoy your purchase and please come again!" He took the money just as swiftly, performing a quick count and shuffling it away out of sight.

Phero GET: Speed Upgrades 1 and 2, PU V2.
Dharma LOSE: 15200z
Having no recollection of the earlier tedious transaction, Dharma continued to smile, thinking Suitachi must be involved with some insignificant irritating factor, one she need not bother with thinking about. He seemed to gather up his spirit for customer service once he saw the money she was willing to plop down for his goods... most people did. To think, he'd be so excited by getting his hands on the paltry sum that composed Phero's battling fund. This made Dharma smile a bit more genuinely, but only a bit. "Thank you. A pleasure, as always," she reiterated, before turning and walking out with her goods.

((Leaving for Electown))
Current Zenny: 5,510.

Destin Obscura walked into the store and up to the counter. "Hello. I wish to purchase the v1 and v2 PowerUP, and a Process Upgrade v17. Here is the required 3,000z."

Want
v1 PowerUP: 1,000z
v2 PowerUP: 2,000z
v17 Process Upgrade: 1,700z

Total: 4,700z
Still riding the high of the previously high-cost purchase of his previous customer, Suitachi quickly and dutifully processed his newest customer. "Right away, two PowerUPs and a Process upgrade." He whisked the requested upgrades from the shelves and drawers along the back wall and behind the counter, and presented them in a small tote in exchange for the appropriate cost in zenny. "Thank you, enjoy and please come again!"

DESTIN GET: PowerUP v1, v2, Process Upgrade v17
DESTIN LOSE: 4700z
Destin swept the bag off the counter. "Oh I will. I'll be back with some hard-won zenny soon enough." And with that he walked out.
Current Zenny: 13,740.

Destin Obscura walked into the store on his way to his next errand, a styrofoam coffee cup in his hand from the NETBucks down the street. He walked up to the counter and browsed one of the catalogs. "Hmm, let's see. What number am I at currently..." he asked himself before he glanced at his PET. Ah, ok. I think I'd like these three Process Upgrades, v18 through 20," he said pointing to the book. "If I am reading this right it should be around..." he stopped to count on his fingers. "Carry the five... Around five, five thousand seven hundred I think?"

Want
v18 Process Upgrade: 1,800z
v19 Process Upgrade: 1,900z
v20 Process Upgrade: 2,000z

Total: 5,700z
By the time Destin returned, the upgrade mogul was quietly eating some store manifests and reviewing a long strap of hard candy. He seemed quite engrossed and probably hadn't noticed the mix up yet. the clarion call of cash snapped his attention up quickly, however and he swallowed then put on his serious business face again... it wasn't actually all that different from his all-occasion face.

"Three more is it? Let me see... Yes, that's right. One moment. Have a candy." He pushed a small bowl of brightly wrapped sweets across the counter then ducked away to retrieve the requested upgrades, stacking them together neatly and passing them to Destin once he'd processed the transaction. "Enjoy them, and come again!"

Destin GET: Process Upgrades 18, 19 and 20.
Destin LOSE: 5700z
"Thanks," Destin said as he took a candy from the bowl before placing it on top of the stack of upgrades. "Have a good week," he said before he picked up the stuff and left the shop.
Jacky walked into the store, holding her PET in front of her and wasting now time to make her way to browse the stock. If Suitachi acknowledged her, she would give him a quick nod of the head in return. She stared at various items for a while, showing them to Hyde as well, and occasionally removing her glasses to wipe at her eyes. "... I'm afraid I'm a disadvantage here, Hyde. I think I understand the basic function of these, but I only understand the most basic principles of a NetBattle. Which of these are useful to a Navi?"

Hyde was in a considerably good mood now, looking pleased that Jacky had decided to invest the money from their earlier expenditures into upgrades. She didn't know when she might be busting, but she did think it was good to be prepared, in principle. "Well, I don't have much experience myself, but I have had plenty of time to jaw over the subject, having treated many injuries as consequences of such battles. I would say endurance is an important quality. Besides that... improvements for agility, defense, and tactical options would all be appreciated."

"By tactical options, I presume you mean chips... I don't think they sell those here, though," Jacky said with a frown. She wasn't looking forward to yet another trip to pick them up.

"Well, that's true, but there are are also Process Upgrades." Hyde was in concentration now, having already begun to put a wishlist and various ideas together in her head. "If we get some HP Memory... some Process Upgrades to allow me a greater variety of options, some Speed Upgrades to increase efficiency of movement during battle operations, and maybe a suitable defensive customization program for my design... Yes, I think I have an idea all together. Here's a list, Jacky. Present this to the store clerk."

Jacky inspected the list, scanning it suspiciously for any sign that there were joke items mixed in, anything uncalled for or dangerous, or a sum that was going to add up to some embarrassingly impossible amount when she presented it. Finding everything in order, Jacky let out a sigh, thinking she was building up a phenomenal amount of future bad luck. "I'll do so. I still think we'll want some chips if we want you to make you a proper fighter."

"Ah, don't you worry about that! I have no intention to start wading into brawls willy-nilly! I'm first and foremost a doctor, a pacifist. These are just for defensive measures during our excursions, if anything."

Jacky took a moment to think about that statement. She realized she was probably holding up the shopkeep, though, and decided to leave that alone until her purchase was complete. She cleared her throat and made her way to the counter. "Excuse me, sir. This is the list of purchases I'd had in mind." Jacky presented the list on her PET to Suitachi, not aware of how extravagant the purchase she was putting forward might look relative to Suitachi's usual.

Purchasing:
Speed Upgrade 1 and 2 (5000z + 10000z)
HP Memory x 5 (1000z + 1250z + 1500z + 1750z + 2000z)
Process Upgrade x 9 (100z + 200z + 300z + 400z + 500z + 600z + 700z + 800z + 900z)
FirstArmor NCP x 1 (2500z)
---
Total: 29500z
Remaining zenny: 700z