Front Counter

The ACDC Chip Shop wasn't far from James' house, but it still gave him time to mull over what to buy. Or rather, whether he should just turn around and go back home to save money for something with more use than a MiniBomb.

He didn't turn around.

Entering the oddly empty shop, James walked to the counter and tapped on the glass.

"'Scuse me, could I get a MiniBomb chip?"

James brought out his PET so he could slide it around in whatever mechanism the shop had to extract digital forms of money.
((SOMEONE WENT HERE? HOLY SHIT.))

"Hmmm... it does seem like you can," Soryu mused as he extracted 500z from James' account. He then placed a Minibomb chip on the counter in front of the NetOp.
"New here, huh? Well, good luck blowing up viruses," Soryu commented, returning to the back of the shop and muttering something about "Stupid kid knocked over the damn shotgun display,"
Sieg was heavily panting as he entered the shop. He ran here all the way from Scilabs, after all. He was only used to running away, but this wasn't short distance sprint.

Nevertheless, he put 900 Z on the counter and asked for an energy pack subchip.

That girl better be grateful...
"Ah... coming right up," Soryu grumbled, obviously seeing Sieg in a hurry.
The shopkeeper took the money, and placed the subchip out for Sieg.
"Have a nice day."
Trenn entered the chip shop rubbing his nose, and approached the counter. He took a look around the shop, then gave out a 'hmm' and pulled out a small card. "I'll take an Areagrab, an EnergyPack, and an Escape."
"Hey! No one grabs my sister without my approval!" Soryu yelled, slamming his hand on the counter, clearly agitated, then returned to a blank, normal-ish expression. "Oh wait, a chip? Coming right up," the shopkeeper commented, bringing up the requested items and extracting the zenny from the card.
"Have a nice day," Soryu grumbled, muttering about something 'big' before checking the chip stock.

-Trenn loses 5500z-
-Trenn gains one Areagrab, EnergyPack, and Escape-
Trenn gave Soryu an odd look, then took the items and shook his head dismissively. He turned towards the door, and called out as he left. "Goodbye, Soryu!"

Then he ran into the door again and exited the shop, rubbing his now-red nose.
Before long, Rose arrived at the shop. She scanned the building quickly, checking it out, and then quickly entered. She walked up to the front counter, kneeled down, and stared at the merchandise. "Hmm . . . these chips are more expensive then I thought. It looks like I can get a MiniBomb, an EnergyBomb, or a Subchip." She observed. "What do you think?"

SummonerMan thought briefly. "Well, depends on what you want. I mean, chips get you instant satisfaction, a Subchip would let you go further, or get out of tight spots. The EnergyBomb would do the most damage, the Minibomb would be more useful, a MiniEnergyPack would keep us online for more battles in a row, and an Escape would be able to get us out of a bind. Whatever you think you'll need to compensate for your inadequacies." He smirked. Why, I couldn't just give her advice.

"You couldn't have just given me the advice?" she mumbled rhetorically. But he does have a point. What do I want to fix most; the amount of damage I can deal in a battle, or how long I can battle, or my safety in battling. If I get a chip, I'll have it forever. But if I get a Subchip, I may earn more chips and zenny. Well, It's only 600 zenny, I might as well just go ahead and buy something . . . She thought.

Standing at the counter, she leaned her forearms upon it before speaking. "Hello. I'd like a MiniEnergyPack if it's not too much trouble." She said politely, and with a smile. SummonerMan would've rolled his eyes at this, had they been open. It's his job, he's a store owner, why be so polite?
"Be right there!" sounded Soryu's voice from upstairs and the sound of footsteps on the stairs were heard. Eventually Soryu came in view, scratching the back of his head slightly and looked up at a corner on the ceiling. He then looked back at Rose and nodded as he said, "Sure. I'll get it for you." He walked over to a box on the ground with assorted goods in it and, after some looking through it, eventually took a small disk out of it. "Ah, this is it..." he muttered to himself and stood back up. He placed the disk on the counter and looked at Rose, "That'll be 600 zenny. Will you pay through the Net or in cash? Either way, just give it to me."
Rose quickly reached into her pockets. "Oh, cash." she said, as she laid the proper amount on the counter. Then, after grabbing her new Subchip, she turned around and began walking out of the store. "Thank you very much, and have a great day!" she called, as the door swung shut behind her.
Steve came into the shop. Now that he'd been living in ACDC for awhile, he knew the layout pretty well, and got there fairly quickly.

Walking back to the subchip racks, Steve browsed for the healing chips he had used up, and he picked out a fair few. Then, something else caught his eye:

"Unlocker Subchips! Plunder the rarest of Mystery Datas!"

Steve hesitated. He had just found some good chip data out of a MD. Maybe he should try a few of these things, too...

Steve walked up with a stack of subchips in his hand and said, "I think this will do."

((Buying FullEng x1, MiniEnrg x2, Escape x1, Unlocker x2, 4900Z))
Soryu slammed his hands down on his half wooden, half metal counter with a glass window in it to show specific items for sale. He looked at Steve silently as he stood in front of them and then slowly shifted his sight to the right while blinking. Then he turned his head back and blinked again. "So now they just GRAB their stuff before asking me. Great. I have to fix my security..." he said and muttered to himself quietly. "Well, I guess I won't have to get something for you. Seeing as you already got it and HEY, you probably took care of the money too. One of these day I'll be without a job..." he ranted and crossed his arms. "Deposit the money to the designated place," he said, half distracted as he looked at the wooden ceiling.
"What?" Steve said half dazed. "The shelf is right there." he said, pointing towards the wall to the side of the counter. Shrugging, Steve put the money down, and left, shaking his head about crazy shopkeepers.
(still the past for Timmy...act like it...)
"Soryu!" Timmy said as she ran into the shop, panting for breath as he placed down 3600z onto the counter. "Give me 4 energy-packs, now! I don't want to leave my navi alone on the net for very long!" He said, distressed.

(4 energy packs=900zX4=3600z)
Soryu wheeled up to the counter, calling something like, "Coming right uppp-OOMPH!" before falling on his back as his wheeled chair tripped over something.
"Ah~ That hurts~" Soryu groaned, picking himself up, rubbing his sore back before handing the subchips to Timmy. He grabbed the money and put it in the cashier.
"Have a nice day," the shopkeeper called, turning the screw that was in his head while taking a draft of his cigarette.
Wait what? Screw in head and a cigarette?
Oh wait, no, it's just Soryu, looking normal, no such items actually existed.

-Timmy LOSE: 3600z
-Timmy GET: 4 EnergyPack subchips
Timmy pocketed the subchips as he quickly made his way out of the shop and onto the metro, back to Electown he went.
Rose walked into the shop, approached the counter, and briefly looked through the available chips. Hm. They don't seem to have those chips I heard about online. Maybe they're just not on display? She thought, standing up. I guess I could ask, even though I know what I'm buying. Then I'll at least know how much to save up before coming back. Putting her hands down on the counter, she looked behind it. Even if he doesn't carry it, he may know.

"Hello, I'd like one Escape Subchip, please." Rose said aloud, placing the 600 zenny on the counter.

"Also, do you happen to carry the Knife chips?" She requested. "They come in the four elemental varieties, and are basically smaller, faster sword chips. Or, being a chip-guy and all, would you at least know where I could find them if you don't carry them?"

[Escape Subchip, -600 zenny]
"Right, one Escape subchip for the little lady," Soryu commented, taking the money and exchanging it for the requested item.

"Nah, I just run the shop. I'm not really one of those 'chip geeks' you hear about all the time," the shopkeeper replied, doing that "Quote Un-Quote" thing with his fingers when he said "Chip Geeks." "Buuuut... I've had my fair share of battles. Let's see... Higher degrees of Swordy viruses maybe? I mean, gosh, they've got to drop some bladed type chip for rewards, eh?" And with that, he waved goodbye, moving to the back room on a wheely chair.

Rose LOSE: 600 zenny
Rose GET: Escape subchip, Possible information!
Grabbing her Subchip and pocketing it, Rose said a quick "Thanks." to the shop owner as he left the counter.

Hmm. I don't know where to find these viruses, but at least I have some ideas now. Maybe more research could help? she wondered, as she started walking towards the door.

Well, I'll see what happens. She thought, walking out the door with a pleasant, "Have a nice day," to the shop owner who probably wasn't even in earshot anymore.
Half-expecting to see the shop covered in cobwebs and the owner near death from boredom and lack of business, Duke walked into the shop. "I'd like a minibomb and an energybomb, if you would," he said, tossing 1100z onto the counter.