Front Counter

As Matt approached the store, he noted it seemed... Different. Opening the door he, walked into the Chip shop, but stopped when he saw the chip stock. There were a lot more chips.

Matt:(in shock)
Apparently he's doing better then I thought.....

Condor:(Confuzzled)
What?

Matt: They have more chips in.

Condor:(Looking at the stock)
Huh. CactusBall1, Let's try to buy that.

Matt: Ok.

Matt picked up the chip and walked up to the counter, noting a chip trader on the way.

Matt:(Walks up to the counter) Hey, can I have a CactusBall1 chip please?
<(RP Note: Please refrain from using script format while role-playing; we adhere to paragraph structure on the board.)>

Soryu glanced up from whatever work he might've been doing on his computer, looking down at Matt. His eyebrow quirked, he affected an arch tone and shot right back, "I dunno, kid...can you have a CactusBall1?"

"Soryu, we've talked about this: no harassing the kids," a hologram of LinkMan chimed in from farther back in the store, evaporating the grouchy man's snark without much more of a fight. The transaction was completed without further adieu, the small sum of Zenny exchanged for Matt's new chip.

"Have a good one," Soryu muttered, about as lively as a sack of bricks with the smarm taken out of him.

Matt GET: CactBall1
Matt LOSE: 500z
(Sorry, I just find the script format easier, that's all.)

Matt handed the zennys over the counter and took the battle chip. "Thanks." he said, before turn around and walking over to the chip trader.

"Jerk." muttered Condor.

"Eh, he's probably just working on something important. That's all." Matt's response was causal.

"Fine" Condor said, but muttered something under his breath. "Still a jerk."
((From -> Jenny's House))

By the time she was off the bus and walking through the door of the ACDC Chip shop, Jenny was beginning to regret her decision to leave the house and mostly just wanted to get back to her bed and her heat pack as soon as possible. She more or less knew what she meant to get already so it was only a short matter to take a glance at the stock listing and check that her funds were right, before she could approach the counter.

"Morning!" She stepped up, hands holding her purse held together on the main counter. "Could I get a Recover50 chip, ah, and two Minienergy packs as well please? That's three thousand one, right?" Despite how she was feeling on the inside, the girl did her best to offer a presentable smile; these were the facts of life, and it was no reason to bring anyone else down.

((Purchase: Recovery50; 3000, 2x MiniEnergy; 100. Total: 3100z))
Soryu appeared not much better off than Jenny, although probably for different reasons. Lounging behind his desk, the shop-owner had one hand buried in his hair and the other wrapped around a mug of coffee; he was watching something on the news that looked about as depressing as his own five-o-clock shadow. "Damn, customer!" he spat, nearly kicking over the old-school, portable TV on his desk as he spun around in his chair and wiped his mouth with one sleeve. "I meant, 'hot damn, a customer!' Not 'a damn customer.' Whatever, you get it!" he explained, pushing the coffee further away as if its mere presence was going to lure him back into slobbenly behavior. "Sounds like you've got virus busting in mind. It's always a good idea to be prepared. You can never over-value the safety of your own navi and most people have plenty of weapons, but not enough recovery. That's one of the reasons my store is great: cheap, easy peace of mind. But also quality! Cheap, easy quality," he reiterated, as he fetched the items. "Best prices anywhere."

The owner's hands glided quickly across the counter, accepting Jenny's money and handing over the few items she'd requested in neat boxes. "Nothing beats slotting in a new chip, does it? Not to mention that you get to keep doing it over and over again... That's lasting value! You only get to plug in a program once, you know? It's not nearly the same." Jenny would probably want to motor now before she got dragged into an unwelcome rant about chip shop vs. navi shop business.

Jenny received: MiniEnergyPack x2, Recovery50 x1
Jenny lost: 3100 zenny
The fact that the shop-keeper had been more than a little distracted at first didn't really faze Jenny too much. It was a Saturday morning, after all. He seemed quite eager to make up for the lapse with repeated reassurances, though, and she did her best to nod attentively while he processed the order. Claiming the packages and slipping them quickly into her shoulder bag, she made something of a helpless gesture at the end of his chip-enthusing.

"I don't really know, honestly. I'm kinda new to serious virus busting, and I just want to make sure I don't get him hurt." Her eyebrows jumped and she bit her lip. So I'd really better get back home, and quickly, before he gets into any trouble without me! Thank you again! See you next time!" She offered another small duck of her head in thanks, then waved as she darted from the shop.

((Returning to -> Jenny's House))
((From -> Jenny's House School))

When Jenny returned to the chip shop a couple of days later, she was feeling much better internally, and yet looked far more disheveled and exhausted on the outside. A long day at school would do that to anyone though. She took a deep breath and looked around, blinking a few times to keep her focus.

"Ah, what did you want then?" She scrubbed at her face for a moment then ran a hand through her hair as she stepped up to the counter and prepared her PET for making the transaction.
"Second in the IceWave series, Jen. Should be three eight, if i remember the catalogue right." He vaguely debated activating his hologram to talk tot he shop owner himself, since Jen was feeling out of things, but she was already nodding and spoke up. to her credit, she manged a passable, if tired, smile for him.
"Right. What he said. It's 'IceWave2', and three thousand eight hundred, right?" Provided she hadn't gotten it wrong, her fingers moved to complete the transfer swiftly.

((Purchase: IceWave2; 3800. From 4310 leaves 510z))
Soryu peered up from his chair, seeing a familiar face. He perked up slightly more than usual, but hoped this one wasn't trying to return his merchandise. Thankfully she was back for more. "Alright, yeah that's about right. Here ya go." He said as he mentally calculated the total in his head; there wasn't much else to do other than watch TV at this point. He reached behind the counter and produced the requested chip. "Thanks, come again."

Jenny GET: Icewave2
Jenny LOSE: 3800z
Jenny scrubbed at one eye and stifled a yawn as she nodded to Soryu and claimed her purchase. The small package was slipped into her satchel and she thanked him again before heading out of the shop.

((Returning to -> Jenny's House))
Current Zenny: 13,740 - 5,700 = 8,040.

Having come from Suitachi's, Destin Obscura walked into Soryu's on his run of errands, the styrofoam coffee cup discarded in a trash can on the way there. The shop had been busier lately ever since the revamp, and Destin mingled with the other shoppers as he browsed the varied selection of battle and subchips. He needed to stock up for his Rogue Net excursions. He had a pad of paper and a mechanical pencil, scribbling notes to himself as he went from rack to rack. Eventually he got to the front and ripped out the sheet of paper and placed it on the counter, turning it around so Soryu wouldn't have to read it upside down. "Hello, I would like to purchase the following if they are in stock."

Want
[x1] Hammer Battlechip: 3000z
[x1] Escape Subchip: 600z
[x1] MiniEnergyPack Subchip: 50z
[x3] Untrap Subchip (400x3): 1,200z

Total: 4,850z
Soryu had his back mostly to the counter, tutting in a cynical way at the news report he was watching on his little Tv. He almost overbalanced and spun around in a haphazard way as Destin showed up, trying to subtly get himself straight. Somewhere along the way the Tv got flicked over to a static channel.

"Can you believe the sorts of rot they try to report as news these days? Really, makes you wonder where they get half of that rot. Hah.... 'new' cybeasts... like they weren't all destroyed years ago... hah!" He shook himself out. "So, let me see that. Right, right, no problem, just a moment." With a nod the little man ducked down behind the counter, rummaging briefly for the collection of subchips listed, then reached over to pull the battle chip off a small rack. "Looks like you're going spelunking there. That'll be four eight fifty." He rung it up with a swift, practiced hand, then pushed the chips over to Destin in a small bundle. "Best of luck, have a candy, and come again!" There was a small bowl of mint toffees on the edge of the counter, in fitting with Soryu's last line, open for taking before Destin left, if he wanted.

Destin GET: Hammer, Escape, MiniEnergy, 3x Untrap
Destin LOSE: 4850z
"New Cybeasts huh?" Destin commented as Soryu rummaged around for the chips. "Yeah I've just did a run in the Rogue portion of ACDC. I plan on moving on to Rogue SciLabs next. Maybe I'll run into one of those Cybeasts. SciLabs would be the place to study them." Destin said as he took a candy from the bowl before placing it on top of the stack of chips. "Thanks for the candy, have a good week," he said before he picked up the stuff and left the shop.
Usually, when a large man in sunglasses and a black suit entered a building, it meant some sort of trouble was about to occur. But this time, it was strictly business, as Edgar walked up to the counter without delay. He took no heed of the selection; he was there on an errand, and he could look on his own time. For now, the first step must be taken to power up LightningMan.

"I will need one ClusterShot1, and one Attack+10. I believe this sum of money will handle it." He dropped the appropriate sum onto the counter, and awaited the chips. ...Needless to say, he wasn't much for idle chitchat.

[Purchasing:
1-ClusterShot1 BattleChip - 1200z
2-Attack+10 BattleChip - 1000z
Total: 2200z

Total Cash on Hand: 4510z
Total Spent: 2200z
Total Cash After Purchase: 2310z
There was no immediate reaction when Edgar first entered, but after a moment there came a brief flurry of shuffling and scuffling before the chip shop owner appeared at his counter. He looked at the large man in his serious attire and his brow furrowed briefly.

"Oh, it's not that time again is it...?" Then he blinked. "Oh, no, it's not, no, never mind. Forget that, what can I do for you?" Soryu was quick to scoop up the payment and requisition the correct chips from their places, pushing them across the counter to Edgar in return. "There you are, enjoy, and do come again!"

Edgar GET: ClusterShot1, Attack+10
Edgar LOSE: 2200z
If Edgar had any sort of thoughts about Soryu's reaction, it was well hidden by stony silence. He grabbed the chips, and set them in his pocket. "Thank you." That was all the chip shop owner got from him as he turned and left as suddenly as intimidatingly as he arrived...
The young woman would swiftly walk into the shop, stretching out as she headed straight for the front counter, putting her bank card down and giving Soryu a smile. Need some subchips. Three Small Energy Packs and Three Untraps. She said simply.

(3 SmallEnergyPacks: 360z
3 Untraps: 1200z
Total: 1560z)
"You want those things? Cause I've got a bunch of those things," Soryu responded with an agreeable smile. "Surplus subchips, that's what we have. Everything must go! Just not on a special sale, it's more like... you know, I'd just like to sell more. Look, just tell your friends, alright?" With his advertising pitch out of the way, Soryu opened up two plastic baggies from underneath the counter, carefully extracted six small subchips, three of one kind and three of another, then handed them over. "Tell your friends, alright?" he requested again, especially insistent.

STEPHINE GETS: 3 Small Energy Packs, 3 Untraps
STEPHINE LOSES: 1560z
Stephine would giggle at the chip jockey's pleas to get more business drummed up. Might wanna try a Saaaaaaaaaaale~ Might get people in here~ She said, grabbing the chips quickly and walking away.
Current: 2,970z

Destin Obscura strolled into the Chip Shop. "Hello shopkeep!" he called out in a jovial tone. "I need three Untraps please." he said as he put his money on the counter.

Untrap: 400z (x3)
Total: 1,200z
Destin found the shopkeeper sitting at the counter with his fingers pressed to his temples, looking a little pained. He seemed to perk up quite rapidly at the sight of the customer. "Three Untraps? All right, hang on," he said, fishing out a trio of chips from under the counter, and sliding them over to Destin. "There you go. Thanks for your business," he said, retreating back to his seat and massaging his temples.

Destin GET: Untrap x3
Destin LOSE: 1200z (-> 1770z)