Great Net War?

Of course. We should beat down any bad guys regardless of whether they're mafia, police or just some random guy. We're here to protect the net efficiently by using our brains. As for being marked as criminals, I could just use some connections that should be able to get us off the hook for a lot of things...

In any case, I'd like to try making a move soon, perhaps by doing some big mission to help out the net. Of course, right now I'm running some simple errand in order to get the upgrade I require to retrieve a certain item. As soon as I'm done and as soon as everyone else who is interested can clear their schedules, we should probably go for it.

-Wes
Alright, sounds good. I've wondered when the next Requiem group mission would be. So what's the plan, boss? I can pretty much join you guys anytime. I think you'll be quite pleased with how powerful Voltman's become.

-Shigeru
Our next mission should really be recon. I haven't seen much info here about who is on what side, or who is causing chaos where. Let alone the fact that I've seen no info on how to find the people or groups that we need to deal with.

Of course, I guess we could always just go around deleting random heelnavis or something to signify our return, but it seems pretty lackluster and I have my doubts as to whether or not people will notice, care, or if it will do any good for the net.

But that's just my opinion. What IS the next step for us?

-Leon
Who knows...but we have to probably do something big, or along those lines at least, who knows what we might face in the deeper parts of the net, mafia included.
-Timmy

*Siren.exe is currently in battle*
Deleting random heelnavis doesn't separate us from anyone else, since admittedly people do it all the time. As for being labeled terrorists for taking the wrong actions or whatever, my former navi is currently a high-ranking NetPolice officer. Not sure what possessed him to do that, but it will probably help us out considerably should our relationship with them turn bad.
~Duke Rigel

For a mission...Personally, I don't think something big is a good idea. If this group is truly about using our brains, as we claim, then something that practically screams our name and intentions strikes me as a bad idea.
Think about it. Let's say we choose to strike against the NetMafia. Do we want them coming at us in full force the moment we try something?
~Pianissimo.EXE
A few notes. One, the Net Police contacted us about joining them, but since they addressed Junior specifically, I suppose I'll let him decline for us. How fortunate for them this means that they get a much more pleasent. Of course, that will have to be after we finish our current task... hopefully we can end things quickly before things get unpleasent. In any case, if you have any idea where to start sniffing out problems, be my guest. Since none of us have done anything overly epic while incognito, at least to my knowledge, I don't think we've pissed anyone off enough to have enemies. Is there someone eyeing us funny that I should know about or are you just being cautious?

In any case, as for what to do next. I know I said that we could take a mission from the NP to get our name out there but since I'm committed to noncommitment from both gangs' sides, that might not be a wise idea. Is there any charity out there that we could do mercenary work for and then write it off on our tax forms? Humorous tone aside, we do kind of need some source of work to avoid seeming too buddy-buddy with either side. Our best bet might be to advertise on a BBS and see what kind of nice folk out there have big problems we can help out with. Of course we'd need to do a bit of a background check on each of our clients to make sure it isn't some Police or Mafia scheme to get the other side pissed at us but.... Anyway, suggestions.

-Wes
Just being cautious. I'm sure that there are at least a few undercover agents from both sides working on the other, and we might be able to get some help if we get our own inside operatives. Not suggesting that any of us join, but if we can make ties with someone on either side and get info from them, I think it would be beneficial. We would also want to avoid taking out people who have similar goals as us, which we could quite easily do if we just blindly charged in without verifying information.

That aside, doing something big with our brains might not be a bad idea. Perhaps we could orchestrate another fight between the netpolice and the netmafia, except lure out those that we know need to be eliminated. Once they soften each other up, we swoop in and finish any survivors off, then scram before anyone can get a positive ID on us.
-Leon

I think we should take down that bastard that caused the former requiem so much trouble. And before you say it, yeah, I do have a bone to pick with him. Namely his spine out of his back.
-Miyu
Well, we already have a few people we could we could contact, if needed, in the Net Police. There's only one guy in the Mafia who seems to have any interest in us, though he's not someone I would count on for favors. Someone could try working that angle, though try not to get too close. As for the starting another battle idea, that strikes me as unfavorable. If we exsist to make the net safe, starting a full out attack would be counterproductive. If they start fighting, I have no objections to jumping in but for now, we watch and wait.

And as for the person who caused Requiem so much trouble, do you mean that chubby womanizer pervert or perhaps... Well, I'll just assume the first. In either case, if we were to strike first, it'd make us look like a bunch of vengeful vilgilantes which wouldn't be good for our image right off the back. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to stay your hand on this one.

-Wes
The idea would be to lure the scum of both sides to a near-abandoned area, and let them kill each other off there. Nothing as retarded as starting a giant war in the middle of a heavily populated net. Of course, that brings up the problem of finding a deserted area that we could lure them to, that we could effectively hide in, and that doesn't have viruses too strong for us to easily dispatch.

Though, even with all that, your point about launching the net into another battle stands as valid. It was just the only sort of "brainy attack" that I could think of at the time.
Oh, that sounds about good.

As for "deserted places," I've heard rumors about some place named... Hell's Isle or something, while I was apart from Requiem some time ago. Some extreme netbattler place, whatever.

I've got a new... prospective member, probably. Same guy I worked with in the Electown Incident. E-mail me if you want to discuss, taichou.

-Fujiwara Shin

[Attached E-mail: Ace@global.net]