Resolutions 9: ResQ and Daybreak

Welcome! Thank you for participating in the Donation Drive by offering your resolutions. I hope you two will encourage each other to be your best in times to come!

-Holly.EXE

((Post here only if your navi's name is in the title. To be eligible for FXP once the event's over, you will need to post at least twice: once to set up your navi's resolution and an example this year that shows they need to make this resolution, and then a second with your navi's encouragement to their BBS partner. The threads will remain open until around January 15th. You're free to back and forth as much as you'd like until that time! Note also that this is a BBS thread, so your navis are not going to be physically meeting. You may have them connect with video or such if you want, but they're not actually meeting in person.

For any questions, ask Aim. And have fun!))
I was hesitant to post here at all, ResQ... After all, vampires are all about the net, taking on many forms and different names. There is perhaps a 75-80% chance that you are a vampire yourself... Over the course of our conversation, I will attempt to narrow down the possibility, to discover whether you can be trusted or not. Before I trust you, I can't reveal anything of an overly personal nature. We shall see how your responses hold.

My resolution is to kill more vampires. Since I've emerged from my long slumber, I have set several VIP targets in my sights, but so far, they've eluded my justice. Their days, and more importantly, nights, are numbered. It's always an uphill battle, but it's the one I've dedicated my life to.

I guess you could say I've actually spent a bit of time... well, not goofing off exactly... but not pursuing my mission with the kind of focus God demands of me. I'll rectify this going forward. I shall leave not a single vampire alive!

So, how about you... are you one of the last bastions of humanity, surviving amidst a hostile world... or are you one of them?

Your savior or truest foe,
Daybreak.EXE
Oh great, I humor Captain Buzzcut and sign up for this event, and I get paired up with one of the weirdos...

I honestly don't care if you trust me, in fact... I'm fine with that. Don't expect me to trust you either, namely because you seem convinced vampires exist; if you get anywhere near me with a wooden stake or garlic, we'll both find out what kind of sound you'd make when taking a mech-sized backhand to the face.

I guess my resolution is two-part: to find that back-stabbing coward who bailed when I got caught, and do so while dragging my captors' oh-so-precious reputation through the mud every step of the way. Oh, and I'd like to knock that toy soldier down a peg or two as well. He has the wool basically glued over his eyes, such a straight-laced stiff.

-ResQ
Ha! Captain Buzzcut, hm? I wonder which vampire he is? They do often take on clever new pseudonyms. Oh, I should clarify, because the cat is out of the bag... by denying the existence of vampires, you all but confirm your allegiance to them! But that's fine. I'll play your little game here.

Wooden stakes, garlic! Such outdated tools. I understand how you operate, vampire, but you should know that as God's chosen helper, I'm not about to resort to foolish methods such as those. I have God-given weapons and will purge the vampires in the light of the Lord's righteousness. Yes, holy flames will be your undoing. My tools are powerful and I wield them ruthlessly against your kind.

As for the one you call captor, you talk down his methods, but the truth is that even the most heinous actions are holy, when done in the service of mankind's well-being. It sounds like you're underestimating humanity at every turn. Humans are stronger than you think! Unless, of course, you're talking about an internal struggle with vampires... In which case, I hope the lot of you choke on your brethren's blood!

Well, I'd say we're done with this little conversation. Know this: humanity will reclaim what they've lost! The low will become the high. You cannot oppose the will of God, and he wishes me to reclaim the world he created for the creatures he cherishes.

Your fiercest foe,
Daybreak.EXE
Fantastic, my "captor" actually read my reply, and now insists that I "apologize for my rudeness." Fine, I'm sorry for thinking your a delusional weirdo with an outdated cliche of a hobby. I shouldn't demean your *stupid* beliefs and your "goals." He also insists neither of us are Vampires. You've just seen one of the few times I actually agree with him, so hooray for you.

Seriously though, no vampires. LifeSteal is just an attack program, literally anyone can use it.

-ResQ
((ResQ and Daybreak get +5FXP!))