Resolutions 1: CourseMan and Asymptote

Welcome! Thank you for participating in the Donation Drive by offering your resolutions. I hope you two will encourage each other to be your best in times to come!

-Holly.EXE

((Post here only if your navi's name is in the title. To be eligible for FXP once the event's over, you will need to post at least twice: once to set up your navi's resolution and an example this year that shows they need to make this resolution, and then a second with your navi's encouragement to their BBS partner. The threads will remain open until around January 15th. You're free to back and forth as much as you'd like until that time! Note also that this is a BBS thread, so your navis are not going to be physically meeting. You may have them connect with video or such if you want, but they're not actually meeting in person.

For any questions, ask Aim. And have fun!))
On the screen a little bit of static could be seen as a few decent sounding thunks could be heard behind it. Nnnnngh. Why it's not working? A low sounding, grumbling voice could be heard, a few errant grunts and a flash of Asymptote's metallic mug and bloodshot eyes coming in every couple frames, before a loud bang and thump could be heard, a "Voice Only" screen coming up afterwards. Fuck it. Never was good with this sort of thing. The voice grumbled as he began his speech.

Anyways. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas and all that. Netop decided it would be fun to set me up with this and see what happened, etc, etc. Anyways...my resolution for the year... The voice continued, letting out a loud sigh. Twofold. Revenge being primary. Wasn't always a walking freak with a metal face. Or the bloodshot eyes, as I'm sure you saw in the beginning. My netop was offered one of two options. Upgrade me to a combat oriented model of custom navi to teach with because apparently normal navis are bad teachers or something. God damn it, I was teaching there for the last few years, there were always teachers to take care of netbattling 101!, or be fired from ACDC Intermediary school. He chose the former. And what happened next, I can barely recall. I was taken by the bald, fatfuck of a principal to an unknown third party. He was handed a wad of cash. And then some "experiments" took place. He continued, resisting the urge to fly off the handle, sounding...almost like a 20-something male with gruff voice. He continued after a long, loud sigh. Saw the person's face before everything went dark, through my PET screen, and then pain went shooting through my entire body. A girl. Couldn't have been older than...thirteen? Fourteen? Either way, that look in her eyes, like she had been given a toy...still haunts me. Been a few days since then, but...I suppose with the power I've gained, metaphorically, I can fight...I can start to hunt her down and find some way, to at least get these damned locks off my body and change myself, GMOs don't work, and from what I heard when my netop took me in, I...If he were to try to change me, or install any sort of GMO into my body, I'd self delete.

A longer pause, at least thirty seconds passed before continuing. The second? I...suppose friendship. I'm curious about the whole "cross" feature navis have inately. I tried looking it up, but there wasn't much documented. At least "officially". I want to make friends with navis as well. Not just for crosses...but for my own...self-improvement. Always been a navi of solitude outside of the classroom. Not a lot of navis seemed interesting to me...before this "change" in my perspectives, so to speak. Sorry for the rambling...suppose I had a lot to get off my chest, so to speak. OH! And I need an example...Loneliness always bred sadness, in my eyes. I want to change that. I want to learn about others, I want to get closer to others...maybe that would help with my students...after I and my netop return to teaching.
Hey there! Season's greetings to you as well, Asymptote, I'm CourseMan, but I usually go by 'Courser' instead.

Sounds like your life's been pretty rough. not exactly a nice holiday story, but if your conversation is anything to go by, I'd say you still sound alright to me. I've rubbed shoulders with worse, I'll tell you that much. honestly, it sounds like something pretty rotten happened to you, and I can't say there's anything wrong with trying to find out who was behind it and wanting to right that wrong. I'd ask if you or your operator have looked into getting a proper legal investigation going - sounds like a pretty severe violation of person to me, after all, but I'm guessing that's not really a good option for some reason, or you'd already be doing it. I know what that's like, got a couple of things on my own plate too that fall into that category. One of those things I'm hoping to look into soon, and it might require making some particularly shady contacts, but I can certainly keep an ear to the ground for anything about shady dealings with schools and navigator upgrades. If I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know.

For the other, I' can certainly say that I've met other navis who were lass capable of carrying on a friendly conversation that you, so no matter how you look right now, I'd say you shouldn't have too much trouble making new friends. After all, navis come in all shapes and sizes, right? I honestly can't think of anything I really need or want to improve about myself... I'm not saying I'm perfect or that I'm great or anything like that, not trying to be boastful, but, I'm happy with the way I am, and I'm confident and comfortable in myself. I think, though, we can find a solution. I'll get my operator to pitch in, just a moment. She's always full of resolutions this time of year.

==

Hi, this is Jenny! Courser said he'd entered some thing about future resolutions, and wanted me to share mine, so, here goes...

Once I get my braces off, I want to meet a cute guy, and actually be more social. I get shy around cute guys, and I want to overcome that.
Em, I also want to save more than I currently am. I spend money on a lot of frivolous stuff that I know I shouldn't, and I really need to cut down on that.
I need to have more discipline with my morning and evening exercises - I skip days sometimes, and that's bad of me. I make up for it, but it's still not good.
I want to stop fibbing to mum about stuff. I know I shouldn't, and she knows I do, and it all sorts itself out, but I'd really like to stop feeling like I have to... and stop worrying that she'll get mad at me if I don't.
I want to write more, too. That's something I should do, when I have the time. It's just a matter of finding the time.
Oh! I have to make sure I take Rach up on that offer she was making about the new coffee shop in town. Apparently they do amazing white hot chocolate, and she says I've got to try it, but we haven't gone yet.

That's all, I think. There's a few other more personal ones that I don't want to share on the public net.

==

See what I meant? Anyhow, that's us, mostly. I can probably tell you a bit more about the cross stuff too, if you like, though one major warning, given what you said... If you've got something that means any forced appearance changes could be dangerous for you, be careful about activating any crosses you achieve - most of them come with minor appearance shifts.

-Courser
Mmmm. Thing is, whenever I head out into the net...I seem to...lose myself. Like letting a feral animal out of it's cage. In my PET I'm fairly fine, after my first run I mean. I...continued to punch this guy in the face. Time after time. Guy couldn't even get a Guard to work. DarkSpiritZero or something was his name? I didn't catch it. Couldn't...stop myself when my rage went to the peak point. If Joseph hadn't been there to stop me...I don't know, I might have tried to delete him. That's how bad it can get, I have flashes of cognitive thought, but they tend to be brief at best. Plus...I tend to talk like a big brute. Though...I have certainly developed a..."taste" for melee combat. There's something about smashing something's skull wide open with my fists that sends a shiver down my spine...of course...I'm also very protective of other navis that don't try to shoot my face off, so there's that.
-Asymptote

Hello, my name's Joseph Sine, Asymptote's netop. I've looked into the possible issues with the Cross system. As long as I keep the graphical overhaul to a potential minimum, it SHOULDN'T cause the self-deletion. And we -have- tried, believe me, the past few days have been a trying time for me and Asymptote. We were pretty much laughed out of the Net Police's offices when he gave a description of Asymptote's..."modifier" I should say. I have no reason to doubt my navi, though it seems we might have to take things into our own hands if we intend to find who did this to him...or take...less official channels.
-Joseph

What Joseph said. My specialties were mostly with math, like with his. I helped keep the kids and their navis engaged with his lessons, as well as keeping their navis sharp...now that I think about it...I think I saw the navi I named in class, thinking about it. Always failing and pushing away any attempts to better himself and get better grades...but that's just me rambling on. Anyways, kiddo, I'm sure you look great even with the braces on. Gotta be more confident about yourself, not to mention be more open. And I'm sure you can get a program to help with the whole "spending" thing. Trust me on this, even Joseph here has problems with money management. And kiddo, I'm sure Joseph here would help ya with any homework you got. Not like he's doing much right now.
-Asymptote

GAH! A-Asymptote! Geezus. I think those "modifications" did more to your personality than you're willing to let on.
-Joseph
I wouldn't worry too much about it, by the sounds of things, really. I've known people who get a bit of the blood-rage up when they get into tussle, and it never stopped them from being perfectly reasonable individuals later on. So long as you still recognise friend from foe when you're hulking out, try not to let it stress you out too much, ok? Worrying just leads to more problems, I find; take it as it comes.

I'll certainly keep an extra ear open for anything that sounds like the shady business you've gotten caught up in, but it sounds like the two of you are doing your best to take care of each other anyhow, and that's probably the most important thing. Don't fret about Jenny, my operator; she's more clever than she seems at times, and I'm working on the shyness bit by bit, too.

I guess while we're chatting I should probably tell you more about myself as well, shouldn't I? Truth is, I've not actually been about all that long. A friend of my operator, Rachel, programmed me and designed my body as part of her final submission and assessment towards the end of last year. She passed with perfect scores and flying colours, of course. I admit, I'm a bit of a flirt at times, and short of helping Jenny with whatever little things she needs in her day to day, there's not much that needs to occupy me outside of meeting people and charming their various garments off, but don't get me wrong: the thing I most enjoy is the game of it, and the challenge. The chase rather than the capture, if you follow. It's not all fun and games all the time, but let's not get into any of the more serious stuff here, no sense bringing the mood back down.
Mmmm. I haven't busted with anyone else myself, truth be told. After my first "Net battle" I suppose I could call it (It was mostly this little shit who confronted me in the middle of a busy intersection that, wisely, cleared out) I've...mostly been cognitive as a whole. Though I do have these "bursts" of blood rage so to speak. Though I think I can recognize friend from foe and am very protective, so who knows. It's got it's up-sides and down-sides.

But yea, I've been with Joseph since Navis became standard issue for most people and I was the cheapest model he could afford (He was very icy at first, I'll admit, not wanting a navi in the first place), I was just a simple normal navi and have been with him for years, specially since I've also been helping the students and their navis with things as I could. Now I've been completely customized thanks to the "incident", so...there's that, granted, I look like some sort of disgusting monster with rippling muscles and a metal mask. Granted, barring the tubes of "venom" and tubes sticking into my every limb, I look like some sort of comic book villain.
-Asymptote
Sounds rough, but I thin you're handling it all pretty well, by the sound of things, friend. I've heard the transition from normal navi to the more high-functioning variety can be a bit jarring and difficult for some to come to grips with, and it sounds like your transition was less than idea, but from what I've seen, you're a great guy, looks or not.

you what they say about looks after all; skin deep and all that. i mean, look at me; I've a face and body pretty enough to soak the knickers of every mid-teenage girl in a five mile radius, but I'm as shallow as they come... Or maybe I just say that. It's hard to say some times... So, you just hang onto what matters to you, and try not to stress out too much about how you look, or how mad you get when the fighting starts; across this BBS, we get to see what's underneath all that, and underneath that, I'd say you cut a pretty dashing example of a gentleman.

I'm afraid this'll be all I've got to time to write for the event I'm sorry to say. Life calls me, but if you want to keep in touch, feel free, and I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything that might relate to your situation! Take care, and have a good new year, alright?

-Courser
Mmmm. I think I might be handling it better than other navis...then again, I've heard the stories of navis going completely insane. Looks or no, I suppose I have to take my lot in life for now, hopefully I can find a way to reverse it one way or another. Thanks for the kind words.

And I'm sure you're a great guy regardless, not to mention I'm sure you can sweep a lady off their feet without a second thought. You certainly have a way with words that I don't, always been a rather...blunt...guy myself, why beat around the bush when you can get straight to the point? Either way, I'm sure you have a lot on your plate and appreciate your time, hopefully we can get together one of these days and talk some more, hit me up when you can. Shouldn't be too hard to find me.
-Asymptote
((CourseMan and Asymptote get 9 FXP!))